Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It continues to gross me out that Ava has to go on and on about being mangled and broken inside and that she needs to change her wicked ways while Sonny - who has pretty much the same resume of murdering, mobstering, and fucking his children's significant others - is repeatedly told he's awesome, the best father and husband, blah blah etc. etc.

So the "Who's Oscar's daddy?" thing is back.  Any chance he actually will be part of "a family the fans love" as Jamey Giddens claimed?

Way to bolster the hospital canvas with Aunt Stella, Show. #sarcasm

We're getting way too much Brick, it's like Ron with Milo.

I read the Brick stuff is because MB wants him on the show.The stories are absolutely terrible and worse boring.

4 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Can Amy go work at another hospital?  In another state?  Maybe in another country?  Cannot stand to watch (or listen) when she's on--so self centered and rude.

Also?  Bad call drawing attention to the retcon about Maxie and Amy 2.0's HS years.

• Love 10

Pop quiz! Would you rather:

A) Launch a hunt for the dad of a kid we basically know nothing about.

B) Feast at the Metro Court on Sonny and Carly's all you can eat buffet of egotism.

C) Be trapped in a room with people who only know the words "Ask Man Landers."

D) Snuggle up to a hot guy while wearing a maxi pad stuck to your face.

E) Inject yourself with horse tranquilizers to pass the time until something actually interesting happens.

Seriously, this shit is DULL. I do still enjoy Griffin and Ava but enough with her talking about how twisted she is on the inside. I want her to be okay with the fact that she'll never be wholly virtuous, and I want Griffin to like her despite her imperfections, not because he sees her as a soul to help redeem.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Linny said:

I want her to be okay with the fact that she'll never be wholly virtuous, and I want Griffin to like her despite her imperfections, not because he sees her as a soul to help redeem.

The setup is classic soap—the bad girl/boy redeemed by the good girl/boy—but of course the writing ruins it.

23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bad call drawing attention to the retcon about Maxie and Amy 2.0's HS years.

Especially since the sex tape wasn't mentioned AT ALL. Maxie's heart transplant would make her a curiosity for a while, but then everyone would forget and/or not care. The sex tape would live forever. Also, shut up, Amy, with your advice to Maxie. (Though Maxie should find work.)

• Love 9

Amy was such an ass, sheesh. When she told Maxie not to do anything impulsive Maxie should have knocked the table over at her. 

Everyone at the PCPD thinks Nathan wrote an advice book? No one is questioning this? Okay.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Linny said:

B) Feast at the Metro Court on Sonny and Carly's all you can eat buffet of egotism.

E) Inject yourself with horse tranquilizers to pass the time until something actually interesting happens.

A-So long as said dad isn't Sonny, Jason, Franco or Valentin.  Also, Oscar cute and can act, so I'd rather watch him than Nelle or Nina.

B- Only if once I'm done feasting, I can poke them both in the eyes with my salad fork

c- Again, only if I can poke them in the eyes with my salad fork

d- If the guy is Matt Cohen (or Dominic Zamprogna), I don't care how many maxi pads are stuck to my face.  They can be removed before we make out.

e-  that's a given on days when Franco and Sonny are onscreen.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Valentin's "Lulu is a bobblehead" was insulting to both the character and the actress. 

It was. Plus she's not even a bobble head. I've had a lot of complaints about ER's acting but being a bobblehead wasn't one of them.

It was written by Scott Sickles, so I'm not surprised there was an over the top jab in the script.

• Love 3

From the occasional watching I do of general hospital I can't believe it's still on. 

What kind of clinic did Ava go to? Why did Jason have a mask on? Why didn't they give Anna and Andre a love story?

How are we supposed to believe that Franco,real Jason,and fake Jason are twins or triplets or whatever? There are age differences and body types types differences? Who would care enough to switch Jason's?

I've been watching young and restless on pop. It's much better.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Agreed.

Although Jason coming back with no amnesia has me slightly interested. I hope he doesn't bump his head on the boat.

I will die of laughter if Ava and Griffin run him down before he gets to anyone.   

4 hours ago, Linny said:

Seriously, this shit is DULL. I do still enjoy Griffin and Ava but enough with her talking about how twisted she is on the inside. I want her to be okay with the fact that she'll never be wholly virtuous, and I want Griffin to like her despite her imperfections, not because he sees her as a soul to help redeem.

I will take horse tranquilizers for 5 please. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, jodie said:

Why didn't they give Anna and Andre a love story?

I don't understand what happened there.  It seemed like they were teeing that up, but then he veered to Jordan.  And then it seemed like they were teeing it again, but then Anna got replaced by Alex.  And then it seemed like they were teeing it up again, with the actual kiss, but then it veered to Dr. Michael Easton.  It's very weird.

• Love 5
On 10/4/2017 at 10:11 AM, TeeVee329 said:

So are we going to have Jason and Drew basically competing to be Sonny's best friend and mob enforcer?  That sounds so boring.

Actually,  it will be Sonny and Jason's family competing to get Jason's love.  Then Carly will yell "This is not America's Next Top Best Friend! '  Tyra Banks will come out and one of them will have to leave.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, jodie said:

What kind of clinic did Ava go to? 

A super sekrit reconstructive surgery clinic that helped cure Valentin's evil scoliosis and turn him into the fine upstanding citizen that he is today.

Why did Jason have a mask on

Because he was wack violent.  

36 minutes ago, jodie said:

How are we supposed to believe that Franco,real Jason,and fake Jason are twins or triplets or whatever?

Real Jason and fake Jason are twins.  Franco is their cousin via their mothers but was born at the same time.  Fake Jason looks younger because of the plastic surgery after Ava ran him over.  

There are age differences and body types types differences?

Ok, there is no making sense when watching this show.  Did you not get the memo?  

Who would care enough to switch Jason's?

Helena?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why didn't they give Anna and Andre a love story?

Because put them together and they spelled awkward.  And anti-chemistry.  They were as appealing as cold toast.  Or Michael and Nelle.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

It was. Plus she's not even a bobble head. I've had a lot of complaints about ER's acting but being a bobblehead wasn't one of them.

It was written by Scott Sickles, so I'm not surprised there was an over the top jab in the script.

It wasn't even original. Faith said the same thing about Liz when she had her baffling romantic/sexual obsession with Ric back in the day. And it was mean to Rebecca Herbst then.  

23 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Valentin's "Lulu is a bobblehead" was insulting to both the character and the actress.

I could have sworn he said bubble head.  No?  Which admittedly also isn't very nice.

I don't watch with CC (though I should any day MB is on the show.)

Edited by amaranta
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So the "Who's Oscar's daddy?" thing is back.  Any chance he actually will be part of "a family the fans love" as Jamey Giddens claimed?

I don't know if his mother is a classical musician or not, but the only thing I can come up with is that maybe she was in Eddie Main's orbit.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ciarra said:

It's in the transcript as,  "And you and that bobble-head daughter of yours will lose. "

Well, then yeah - that's quite mean. And unwarranted.  Thanks for the clarification.

• Love 1

If only Ava's negative self-image could disappear as quickly as her scars did. It's like she thinks she has to be Mother Teresa to be considered good, when there's a comfortable space between "murderer" and "saint" which she could occupy.

Michael is so pushy with Nelle joining him at family events. They've only been dating a few months and no one has moved past hating her yet, so pump the brakes a little. Forcing the situation is only going to make things worse.

I wish I could be like Jason and be ignorant of Brexit and everything else that's transpired over the past couple of years. Yeah, Jason, it's 2017 and everything fucking sucks, enjoy your stay in hell with the rest of us.

Aw, Lucas and Brad are expanding their family. I look forward to hearing more about that through vague passing comments delivered by anyone other than Lucas or Brad.

• Love 5

Since when do cargo ships have carpeted holds? LOL.

Michael and Nelle already talked about not going to Bobbie's reception, and Carly and Sonny have already talked about Carly's actions pushing Michael away even more. Why is this stuff being brought up as if this is the first time?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Linny said:

Aw, Lucas and Brad are expanding their family. I look forward to hearing more about that through vague passing comments delivered by anyone other than Lucas or Brad.

Are you serious?  This fuckin' show.  To leave it completely off-screen - especially because we heard ON-SCREEN that Lucas had reservations about having kids because of Julian - is bad, bad, BAAAD soap.

And I here I thought the return of Huxley would be my HAAAAAATE headline...

ETA...and is what I'm reading on Twitter true, that a) this exposition came from Valerie re: an off-screen visit she had with them and b) them potentially adopting was the excuse for them to skip Bobbie's luncheon?  What in the actual hell?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

To leave it completely off-screen

And it's frickin' VALERIE who tells Bobbie!

Sam has no idea who she's sleeping with, and that grosses me out. The anvilling of it not being Jason makes it all the worse, even though it's no one's fault.

Ava, stop acting like a victim. It was more than "one tiny infraction" that got you in trouble at the clinic. And do you really think a third statement to the police—and second flip-flop—is going to be effective? 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

And it's frickin' VALERIE who tells Bobbie!

Oh that's so stupid.  Bobbie would be the first person who knew!

If the show's not going to use them, just have them move away.  Having them having major life events OFF-SCREEN that get briefly exposited to other characters is honestly kinda gross.

*small voice* The only thing about this I potentially wouldn't hate is if they adopt a son and they name him Tony *small voice*

• Love 7
3 hours ago, amaranta said:

Well, then yeah - that's quite mean. And unwarranted.

Especially from Valentin, a character who has spent years crying over how others treated him because of his appearance.  And Lulu (allegedly) is his child's bio mom and thus would inherit Lulu's traits, so he's insulting Charlotte as well.

• Love 2

Valentin, Lulu has PLENTY to speak to social services about concerning you and Nina, so by all means, go ahead and make that call. Lulu would love to speak to them about how you forced her into shared custody and bribed a witness. And you kept Charlotte all to yourself for the past eight years. You have had all the birthdays, all the summers, all the holidays. Do the right thing for once and allow Lulu to have Charlotte for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The best part of the day was Charlotte calling Lulu Mommy <3

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

If it hadn't been, I have to think he'd have told Lulu about this kid sometime in the past 6/8/10 years

Or done his best to keep them from bonding once Lulu found out about her. 

Valentin and Nina both need to do some reading on what shared custody actually is, because they don't seem to understand. No, you don't get ALL the holidays. Lulu asked them whether they wanted Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and they think they get both AND Thanksgiving because "Nina has plans for Christmas" like Lulu wouldn't have plans for her first Christmas with her daughter that, you know, actually included her daughter spending time with her and her family.

I feel like Nina's going to be that bitch that, just to spite Lulu, asks for Charlotte on Mother's Day, too.

• Love 3

What the heck time of day/day of the week is today's episode supposed to be?  GrifAva just got off a night flight from Russia and Bobbie's having a brunch celebration.  But Charlotte's not in school and Rocco's at a birthday party.  But Nelle/Nina are at work.  Is it morning?  After noon?  a weekday?  a weekend?  Very confusing.  

I want Huxley to come back and have conversations with a montone robot Jason.  Said no one.  Ever.  

Nina shut up.

• Love 1
On 10/5/2017 at 0:36 PM, ciarra said:

Yes. Shades of Helena's constant "cow" and "bovine" references to Laura. 

By all, means, Sam, push off on a dude's chest when having sexy time with a guy who's just been shot in the chest.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
51 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin and Nina both need to do some reading on what shared custody actually is

They really have them behaving like complete douche nozzles here.  Are we supposed to be rooting for them as they keep a mother from her daughter out of spite? 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Asks?   Nina will rip her out of Lulu's arms and run to Canada with her.  

Because it worked out so well for Nina the last time she fled with a child to Canada. (One of the many things I am appalled was never even addressed in the custody case, considering Dante was the arresting officer)

13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They really have them behaving like complete douche nozzles here.  Are we supposed to be rooting for them as they keep a mother from her daughter out of spite? 

This just proves to me that Valentin never had any intention of sharing custody with Lulu even when he made the initial offer, because now that they have tentative shared custody, Valentin and Nina are immediately going scorched-earth and acting as though Lulu is selfish in wanting to share the holidays equally. What happens when we get around to Charlotte's birthday?

Which reminds me, thanks to Valentin, does Lulu even have a month as a frame of reference to know when her daughter's birthday even is?

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, dubbel zout said:

There is more than enough evidence that Anna sees plenty of Robin and her family. 

I can't really see this is happening. Sure, Anna had pics of her new grandson on her phone but instead of helping Robin with her newborn Anna is in Monte Carlo sipping drinks with a reluctant co-schemer, both working on a boring far-fetched plan to catch a supposed jewelry fence. Sure, Robin (a hard-working doctor) can hire help with the family and the newborn, but it would probably mean so much more if her mother showed up in person to help and give moral support instead of living it up on the European Riviera.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wasn't Anna just with Robin? I thought that was how they explained her brief absence there for awhile like a couple months ago. I don't actually watch anymore though so I might have made that up lol.

Anna mentioned Robin having labor contractions, but it was unclear to me whether Anna went to see her for that. Seems like Anna would wait til the baby was born and then go see them.

No, there was a scene of Anna telling Mac and Felicia that Robin had gone into labor and that she was leaving in the morning to go out there for a while.  That was the explanation for FH's summer break.

• Love 6

How old is Charlotte supposed to be this week?  She still believes in Santa Claus.

I think we're supposed to think she just loves Charlotte so much but she's the most selfish cow that ever moo'ed.  And that's on a show with Carly.

On 10/5/2017 at 4:42 PM, ulkis said:

Everyone at the PCPD thinks Nathan wrote an advice book? No one is questioning this? Okay.

If possible, they are even stupider than he is.  Look at Dante always being the one to investigate Sonny.

6 hours ago, Linny said:

I wish I could be like Jason and be ignorant of Brexit and everything else that's transpired over the past couple of years. Yeah, Jason, it's 2017 and everything fucking sucks, enjoy your stay in hell with the rest of us.

I actually laughed when the guy said ""You're American, of course you don't know what Brexit is" because American news media is really bad at covering anything beyond its borders. Even on PRI;s The World, you have to wait through the first half of the show before they get to anything that not about Americans.

After the 2016 election I told my American friends we shown have anticipated it from Brexit and they said "What's Brexit?"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By all, means, Sam, push off on a dude's chest when having sexy time with a guy who's just been shot in the chest.

Superhuman recovery, there.  Hey, was that supposed to be a bullet hole, or Jakeson's 3rd nipple?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't know if his mother is a classical musician or not, but the only thing I can come up with is that maybe she was in Eddie Main's orbit.

Didn't Robert Scorpio have a girlfriend at one point that was a classical pianist?

• Love 1