Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

If the show was planning to bring SBu back, why didn't they just let him be an extra-terrestrial from a parallel universe? Don't judge me--but I think that would be easier to take and understand instead of a tale of two Jasons.

Not kidding, that would fit. When Robin was friends with Casey the Space Alien, they made him a child in a human man's body so it wasn't creepy. Then when they wanted Anna to be lovers with him, they introduced his actual adult Earth Twin for sexy time

I didn't watch this show all week even though it was in the DVR. I am watching it live, and this stupid trial is FINALLY over. I feel like I won the powerball

• Love 3

I laughed out loud when Carly said she was really only mad at Jason because Sonny well what can you expect??  Of course he will lie. Probably not the best way to feel about your husband but hey at least she admits it now.

I also though it was funny how Sonny says things have changed now that they all have kids and family when Carly has been a mom for years and never gave a shit about the danger before. Way to throw that one in her face #1 husband! 

I have to say I do like that Carly didn't blame Sam, further perpetuating that everything is the wimmins fault. I think that was well done. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I was really into RC's Tale of Two Todd's a

Yeah so was I, but I swore vengeance against Ron when it looked like TSJ was going to be realTodd. I did love RoHo asking how ANYONE could truly believe TSJ was Todd when he'd done all those stupid things like falling for Marty, etc. the look on his face was priceless lol!

back on topic, the Jason reveal is going to be so lame I'll likely give myself a headache from rolling my eyes too far back in my head.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I did love RoHo asking how ANYONE could truly believe TSJ was Todd when he'd done all those stupid things like falling for Marty, etc.

This was so good!  RoHo was so good in that role. I think that's why I just can't hate Franco now - residual OLTL love. Ha. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I also though it was funny how Sonny says things have changed now that they all have kids and family

I think that was mostly about Jason and Sam.

1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

when it looked like TSJ was going to be realTodd. I did love RoHo asking how ANYONE could truly believe TSJ was Todd when he'd done all those stupid things like falling for Marty, etc. the look on his face was priceless lol!

And that's exactly why I don't particularly care for this kind of story. For all intents and purposes, TSJ's Todd was the real Todd—until they decided he wasn't. I thought it was dramatically dishonest to do that. It didn't help that the story they cooked up for Frodd (as we called him) was unbelievably stupid, with secret CIA offices in the swamps of Louisiana and single-mom recruits. I mean...it was campily funny in a way, but I thought it was a slap in the face to the viewers.

And now we'll get two Jasons (most likely), because Helena. It's a shame she's the go-to reason for nutty stuff, but at least there's a foundation for it. I still hate this kind of story, though. I find it fundamentally dishonest unless it's written from the start—and the audience is in on it, if not the characters—that that person isn't who we think it is. Especially when the new actor has been in the role for more than a year. (BM has been Jason for three years. [TSJ was Todd, in various guises, for about a decade!])

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think that was mostly about Jason and Sam.

And that's exactly why I don't particularly care for this kind of story. For all intents and purposes, TSJ's Todd was the real Todd—until they decided he wasn't. I thought it was dramatically dishonest to do that. It didn't help that the story they cooked up for Frodd (as we called him) was unbelievably stupid, with secret CIA offices in the swamps of Louisiana and single-mom recruits. I mean...it was campily funny in a way, but I thought it was a slap in the face to the viewers.

And now we'll get two Jasons (most likely), because Helena. It's a shame she's the go-to reason for nutty stuff, but at least there's a foundation for it. I still hate this kind of story, though. I find it fundamentally dishonest unless it's written from the start—and the audience is in on it, if not the characters—that that person isn't who we think it is. Especially when the new actor has been in the role for more than a year. (BM has been Jason for three years. [TSJ was Todd, in various guises, for about a decade!])

Yeah, that's why I was glad that JJ, when he came back, was just a plain re-re-cast. In addition to being dramatically dishonest, it's ridiculously convoluted.

• Love 3

Wait, this isn't it for Dillon, is it?  I mean, maybe not because other characters are going on this trip (which, the idea that Crimson is doing business in Morocco, pfft), but it struck me.

Also, I want Ned to destroy Michael, but it will never happen.

___

Previews...wait, are they trying to pair up Kristina and Valerie now?  I mean, better than Parker, but yet another Corinthos/Spencer pairing?  This show needs more families like whoa.

Also, Kristina better look out, Sonny might be there clubbing with Lois and Olivia.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, I want Ned to destroy Michael, but it will never happen.

My wish is for Sonny to not help him, whether knowingly or unknowingly on Michael's part. But I don't know if the show can manage to not involve Sonny.

• Love 3

Show, I don't care if Ned made a donation to dirty Mayor Lomax or a deal to do fracking, I will always buy him as more invested in ELQ, more experienced with ELQ and more knowledgeable about what is best for ELQ than freaking Michael Corinthos.  When Michael shrilled about wanting to move away from dirty dealings, Ned should have IMMEDIATELY fired back about a Corinthos running ELQ and doing deals with Sonny Corinthos, living in the Q home rent free, running a family empire when he's ALWAYS been a Corinthos at heart and IN ACTION and is currently polluting ELQ with dealings with the mob.

Something, ANYTHING that makes Michael's face sour and look even slightly uncomfortable hearing truth bomb after truth bomb.

GH cannot get past this stupid notion of not tarnishing anything Morgan/Corinthos related.  Calling out these assholes should be the easiest thing to do and yet it NEVER happens and it's such a backwards style of writing.

This is the only time I support Ned.  Watch as Michael lies to his face and runs off with Nelle on holiday bullshitting about North African holdings when just earlier he'd been whining about how dare Ned maybe stage a coup.  Go Ned, frack away, take back ELQ from that interloper.

And GH, please stop using ELQ solely to make Q's evil and/or prop up the likes of Michael/Jason.

• Love 11

Michael almost found himself in my good graces by showing sincere respect for Ned when offering him a job, but then he ruined it by making up a bullshit reason to follow Nelle to Morocco. Great priorities, Michael. I hope Ned takes advantage of your absence and shows you how a real Quartermaine gets things done.

Why can't we get an actual storyline about the shenanigans at Crimson? That would be much preferable to the back and forth between Nina and Valentin. Father of the year, ditching his daughter to chase a woman. Notice how Dante and Lulu didn't resent Charlotte's return home even though it interrupted their date night, because they understand that being a parent means sacrificing sometimes and letting your kids take precedence.

I'm getting so attached to Ava and Griffin, which is dangerous because this show traditionally ruins things I enjoy. But dammit, he jumped to defend her and she was feisty, and I just really love their interactions.

This is a general complaint, but I fucking hate the lighting on this show. Half the time when they're outdoors I can't tell what time of day it is because everyone is spotlighted so strangely. Alexis was bathed in light while she was sitting at Perks yet everything behind her looked muted. 

• Love 7

Why can't Sonny go to Pentonville for 15 years?  And take SBu's Jason with him.  Which of these two identical things is not like the other?

The TFGH Tell Don't Show:  Ava saying that Julian was only faking being sorry.  Really?  Because he's pretty stupid then because it's going to get him nothing other than more time in jail and letting everyone he claims he loves move on.  Crocodile tears from Ava about him going away if that's what she thinks of him.   Anyone watching or listening to Julian at that point would have put him on suicide watch rather than thinking he was faking it.

That whole trial was so obviously written to make Julian guilty.

When Ned said that he was investing in fracking because there is money to be made, I wanted Michael to ask if he's also willing to spend the money after the lawsuits come in for damages from increased earthquake activity.  Fracking is just a line that should never be crossed.

Kiki honey, you're never going to pass your MCAT's if you study with a yellow highlighter outside by the pool.   Also MCAT's are held 25 times a year, not once a year, 3 in just September.  Go to Marrakesh with your boyfriend.  Also, you don't need MCAT's to get into an accelerated pre-med program; there are even medical schools you don't need MCATs for.

Has Charlotte never seen a baseball game?  Why was she asking about Lulu's face?  LOL at Valentine giving up time with his special little princess and using her to get Nina back.

Question:  I was away when Valerie came on.  How is she a Spencer?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Thanks @dubbel zout.  How did I miss the existence of Luke and Bobbie having a sister?

Because they only mentioned it in the 70s. When Bobbie and Luke first came on there was a mention of a sister Pat, but they then obviously dropped that. Ron brought it back. She was played briefly by Dee Wallace.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

This is a general complaint, but I fucking hate the lighting on this show. Half the time when they're outdoors I can't tell what time of day it is because everyone is spotlighted so strangely. Alexis was bathed in light while she was sitting at Perks yet everything behind her looked muted. 

I am going to disagree on the lighting. I think 30% of it is for mood/setting, and 70% is to cover up the fact that otherwise good actors are playing people emotionally in their 20s even though they are 2-1/2 times that old. They really do a good job of that.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For all intents and purposes, TSJ's Todd was the real Todd

Yeah not for me. I mean I get what you're saying, but from the second they decided he was Todd, I cried foul. There was just no way Todd would do those things. Serenading Blair with a piano concerto? Playing crazy Margaret like a fiddle? Flirting with every woman he met? That was NEVER Todd. I even stopped watching for several years because I couldn't deal with it. I went back when I heard Marty was holding a gun to his head but even that was false hope.

i do agree the whole 'special needs' Victor thing was a slap in the face to TSJ,but I couldn't help but howl with laughter because I never liked the actor or the portrayal of Frodd.

i admit to being mildly curious about who BM is going to be, but  can't see them making him AJ. I'm not averse to it, I just don't think Frank has the slightest interest in bringing back the character. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

No, it's not.  The actor's going to be gone for a month or a month-and-a-half to do a movie.  He'll be back in a while.

He might be back for another appearance, but then he'll be finished. He's been fired.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

There was just no way Todd would do those things. Serenading Blair with a piano concerto? Playing crazy Margaret like a fiddle? Flirting with every woman he met? That was NEVER Todd.

That's exactly where the dishonesty comes in and why I hated the Two Todds story. I really don't like that the show could have it both ways: TSJ was Todd when there was no chance of RoHo returning, but when that came to be, the writers could point to all the things Frodd did as stuff Todd wouldn't do. Ugh. 

GH is so sloppily written these days that I have no doubt whatever explanation they come up with what happened will be lame no matter what. AT this point I almost would rather it all be explained in a note from Helena: "I wanted to mess with everyone. NuJason is just some dude I found somewhere and brainwashed along with OG Jason.You figure out how to deal with them." That can't be any dumber or worse that what the explanation will be.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

To escape ever having to speak to her niece Carly, IMO.

See? Death wasn't so bad, after all!

And I read the show is teasing Kristina/Valerie? Oh, good, the female equivalent to the never-seen Lucas and Brad, no doubt. The show had given up on Valerie ages ago and Kristina is now a nonentity, too, so let's slap 'em together!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I knew RoHo was Todd when Blair looked at him and asked where he'd been. My lil' grinch heart promptly grew three sizes. 

But I also bought that TSJ wasn't Todd because RC's writing (& Higley's before him) was so fuckin atrocious that the character was unrecognizable by the time RoHo showed up. I couldn't look at TSJ and see Todd anymore - and that was despite the truly excellent intro story when he was originally cast.

BM didn't even have the benefit of a good intro, and the writer's steadfast refusal to acknowledge the differences between BM's and SBU's Jason meant that he's just felt wildly out of character from day one. They could have made the character differences an aspect of his story, it could've been good decent soap with him finding some sort of balance between Jason Q and Jason Morgan.  The constant insistence that 'NOPE, this is definitely Jason, he's always been like this' just made the differences more glaring.

I don't particularly like Jason but he was a distinct character and BM has never really played that character - and that's not entirely his fault; the writing is garbage. I find the character that he is playing less objectively repellent - but I can't look at BM and get offended by the idea that he's not Jason - because, he's not.

But I'm not looking forward to this reveal the way I did with Todd. There was real satisfaction in watching Todd's incredulous, horrified reaction to the idea of him romancing an amnesiac woman that he'd raped - satisfaction in negating the memory of him attacking a teenager, creepily obsessing over Starr and treating Blair like she didn't matter. 

Meanwhile, on what used to be General Hospital and is now the soap opera equivalent of stale tofu - Jakeson.... gives fist-bumps and has anti-chem with Sonny. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
Just now, Oracle42 said:

I can't look at BM and get offended by the idea that he's not Jason... because, he's not.

In some ways I think Miller was miscast as Jason. They could have used that to their advantage, but as usual, they doubled down on him being Jason. Spinelli knew his butt! Jake was drawn to him even though his face was bandaged! Sam felt a connection!

4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But I'm not looking forward to this reveal the way I did with Todd. There was real satisfaction in watching Todd's incredulous, horrified reaction to the idea of him romancing an amnesia woman that he'd raped - satisfaction in negating the memory of him attacking a teenager, creepily obsessing over Starr and treating Blair like she didn't matter. 

Yeah, as much as I disliked the Two Todds story overall, this part of it was really good. 

Aren't MCATs for med school? Lauren is trying to get into a premed program, which would be undergrad, right? Once again Dillon tries to undercut Lauren. He did that when she was studying for her nurse's aid exam, too.

Michael's high horse about Ned donating to Lomax's campaign was hilarious. Doesn't he know that donating to all sides is pretty much SOP? You never know when you need a favor.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Olivia at the final day of Julian's trial so she could present him with papers to sever his parental rights to Leo. I'm also kind of surprised Sonny wasn't there to gloat, but there's still time for that.

• Love 2

Maybe Olivia will turn up at the prison with the papers.  If WdV has another appearance before he's gone.  I think they're pretty much done with Julian right now though.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Aren't MCATs for med school? Lauren is trying to get into a premed program, which would be undergrad, right?

Yes and yes.  First it was an accelerated med school program, now it's an accelerated pre med but she wouldn't need MCATs for that. None of this makes real world sense. The level of biology, physics, organic chemistry and math that she needed for her nurse's aide accreditation wouldn't be enough for med school.

• Love 3

Michael's high horse about Ned donating to Lomax's campaign was hilarious.

Seriously!  Imagine the "donation" Sonny had to give to whatever immigration official revoked and then unrevoked Jax's visa.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In some ways I think Miller was miscast as Jason. They could have used that to their advantage, but as usual, they doubled down on him being Jason. Spinelli knew his butt! Jake was drawn to him even though his face was bandaged! Sam felt a connection!

He was totally miscast once it became clear the writers had ZERO intention of doing anything interesting and instead put him in a holding pattern with Liz (sending her down a road of fuckery and discarding LiRic for it while trashing Nikolas alongside) before completely deflating by reuniting with Sam, Sonny and Carly.  Out of all the things to do with him and they chose, by far, the least interesting path.  THEN it became evident he was totally miscast and it plainly showed in BM's performances. He was BORED and looked ready to jump out of his skin. You could practically see the "oh for FUCKS' SAKES" on his face.

Now is another golden opportunity to take BM and give him something new.  Maybe try flirting him with different women like Jordan or Valerie or Maxie or legitimately make him a long lost Quartermaine or Cassadine or BOTH.  But these idiots will probably keep him in the Corinthii/Morgan vortex of suck and mob him up some more. 

Edited by Vella
  • Love 3

Buddy Billy as a Cassadine? No thanks.

I think BM was a bad choice based on his age alone, and he projects as younger than his age at times to boot.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Vella said:

He [Billy Miller] was totally miscast once it became clear the writers had ZERO intention of doing anything interesting.

IMO, the biggest mistake of the whole Jake(son) arc was not having him assume a life and relationships completely different than the ones he had as Jason.  Like when Sam was initially wary and antagonist about him, that was something new and different.  But quick as they could, he was BFF with Carly, cool with Michael, had Liz on his jock, had some unshakable connection with Sam, blah blah blah.  So where was the drama in finding out who he really was?  He was already pretty much leading that life.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't particularly like Jason but he was a distinct character and BM has never really played that character - and that's not entirely his fault; the writing is garbage. 

This reminds me that before Sam and NuJason got together, he had a line about trying to make sense of who he is now. Sam's hilarious response was a line like, "You're actually not that different."  So I wonder if (to explain why he connected with people and they didn't somehow *know* he's not Jason, and also maintain Emily Scout as a Q grand/great grandchild) he will possibly be AJ back from the dead again, or turn out to be Alan's son from a long-ago ONS.  I would not be shocked - look at how Ethan came out of nowhere to be Luke's illegitimate son. 

• Love 1

Illegitimate children coming out of nowhere is standard soap stuff.  But do they care enough about the Quartermaines to add a new member?  With Franco's mirror painting, I'm afraid it's going to be some connection of his.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So where was the drama in finding out who [Jakeson] really was?

There was absolutely no drama in that. Jakeson was enragingly passive about the whole thing. Everyone else told him who he was and what he should do, and he just ambled along with it. It was all a colossal waste of time.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

There was absolutely no drama in that. Jakeson was enragingly passive about the whole thing. Everyone else told him who he was and what he should do, and he just ambled along with it. It was all a colossal waste of time.

THIS.  And they made things even WORSE by making Jake the laziest, scuzziest shitbag on the show. Liz sheltered, fed, clothed him for MONTHS while he recovered from his injuries, got a lawyer for him when it looked like he had serious legal troubles, defended him all the damned time, encouraged him, listened to him and never even HINTED about him contributing to her single parent of three boys income. Yet when she decided to rekindle her relationship with Ric instead of pursuing his "I'm too good to work security at the Metrocourt" uppity ass, he just SAT THERE when Carly talked shit about Liz to his face or when Sam did the same.  I have no taste for Liz, but she was a friggin SAINT during that time and what was her reward? Being humiliated at the Nurses Ball and then being turned into the villain alongside Nikolas (also abruptly made a villain) for good measure. He was such a mealy mouthed sack of shitty potatoes and really, he's not much different now either. Still not parenting his damned kids and still not working any kind of job while bragging about being out of the mob when his ass is still firmly planted in it.

• Love 13

Like other posters, I'm amused (not in a good way) that Carly and Sonny are sad Jason is different now in that he thinks of his children and wife now, instead of living to serve their every need. The writers couldn't possibly incorporate something like, maybe, Carly, Sonny and Sam are confused that Jason doesn't remember what they remember from a specific incident or two in the past that involved all four of them. No, logical writing be damned in the groundwork to bring SBu back!

Also amused (again, not in a good way) that Sam wonders why she didn't trust her and Jason's "connection." Weeellll, you've been upset repeatedly in the past when Jason prioritized working for Sonny or running to deal with Carly's drama (and protecting his and Carly's kids) over the relationship with you, there was the time you found out from overhearing Jason and Elizabeth talk, that Jake was his child - instead of him telling you to your face, months after he knew. There was the time that you let said child be endangered, and Jason threatened to kill you over any future potential such incidents ... really, why in the world wouldn't you trust your connection!! LOL

Lame writing there, too. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 14
On 8/25/2017 at 11:22 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

This reminds me that before Sam and NuJason got together, he had a line about trying to make sense of who he is now. Sam's hilarious response was a line like, "You're actually not that different."  So I wonder if (to explain why he connected with people and they didn't somehow *know* he's not Jason, and also maintain Emily Scout as a Q grand/great grandchild) he will possibly be AJ back from the dead again, or turn out to be Alan's son from a long-ago ONS.  I would not be shocked - look at how Ethan came out of nowhere to be Luke's illegitimate son. 

BM is better cast as AJ imo.   AJ Quartermaine is very similar to Billy Abbott if you really look at it.  Plus,  the reactions from Carly/ Sonny/Micheal would be great.  

I thought BM was great at moments.   Like when Sam and Danny wandered into his room, asking Monica to tell him about Jason Q, recognizing but not recognizing the picture of Alan in the hospital.   But he wasn't very "Jason" in them.   He's always been more to the AJ kind.  I think bringing AJ back would also "erase" Sonny murdering in cold blood.   

51 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

BM is better cast as AJ imo.   AJ Quartermaine is very similar to Billy Abbott if you really look at it.  Plus,  the reactions from Carly/ Sonny/Micheal would be great.  

I thought BM was great at moments.   Like when Sam and Danny wandered into his room, asking Monica to tell him about Jason Q, recognizing but not recognizing the picture of Alan in the hospital.   But he wasn't very "Jason" in them.   He's always been more to the AJ kind.  I think bringing AJ back would also "erase" Sonny murdering in cold blood.   

I think that BM is a good actor. But he isn't right for Jason Morgan. Hell, I liked him as Jake. And he can play villain too. See his time on AMC. Me? I'd make BM a real Cassadine villain. Make him a cousin. Let become a big bad and have some fun. Let Sam freak out over marrying some quasi distant relative. Perhaps get Valentin out f this Nina sweetness crap. But, if they are insisting on keeping him as a Q, then the simplest route might be to make him a son of Jimmy Lee. Why Helena would be that interested in the Q's would be weird. But possible,  I suppose. Perhaps as some sort of long term play to insure keeping ELQ in Cassadine hands.

• Love 1