Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Just in case this particular interview wasn't posted here -- It was done pre-contract settling. But it had me rolling because some of the quotes here are UCG).

"I have had this problem a few times, where if you are just looking at me from across the room, or on the monitor, or in warm-ups you might not register what I’m doing.  Frank Valentini said to me one time, 'When I tape you Will, I prefer to come in really close. It’s not that you’re not doing anything, but you have to come in really close to catch it.' " 

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/william-devry-interview-actor-speaks-out-on-his-gh-contract-status-julians-future-julexis-fan-support/2017/08/07/

• Love 4

GH PTB: OMG, aren't you so excited!!!

Me: Not really.

GH PTB: WHAT?!?!

Me: I don't really give a fig about Jason, no matter what face he has.  But I'm sure you have something else for the viewers this fall, right?

GH PTB: Uuuuhhh....

• Love 16

Welcome back, SBu!  I would rather see actors that worked on GH for decades versus FV's pets and wish ReBu well.  However, ME, MS, and several of FV's pets should have been sent packing a long time ago.  

What I hate the most is Hayden being made a Hardy/Webber in the first place and this story should have been undone instead of this lame Jared and Dr. O crap.  Dr. O can do damage on her own and did not need Jared to stick it to Finn.

• Love 1

Rebecca Budig's exit was total bullshit. I've been a fan since AMC/Greenlee (and admit to watching Skating With The Stars because of her -- and she won!), and this was so not worthy of her talent. I've seen rumors that she could return, baby in tow, and I hope that's so. As others have mentioned, why tie her to the Webbers and then drop that s/l? Missed potential here. I'd rather watch her act than SBu do...whatever it is that he does. Grrrrr.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialnichols/status/897554775172014080

Stephen Nichols shadily tagged GH lol, so I can put this here too.

Damn.   Stephen Nichols just became a Shade Master.  

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nooooooo.  He needs to keep his paws off Jenna!   Where's Felicia when we need her?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Hmmm. Perhaps she is Parker's wife? 

Oooh, interesting guess!  I mean, not interesting in the sense that I give a crap about Parker, but that's a casting move that would make some sense and one I hadn't thought of.

• Love 2

Today is the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death...which means that it's also the 40th anniversary of Leslie Charleson beginning as Monica on GH. One of the reasons she always said she remembered the day she started on the show is because she was a big Elvis fan--she was the President of her high school Elvis fan club, and even met him once years later in person (and accidentally spilled coffee on him), so she was in the midst of mourning his death when she was cast as Monica. Another big reason she remembers it is because some of the cast and crew didn't even know that the original Monica, Patsy Rahn, had been fired until Leslie showed up on the set, and many of them were...not all that thrilled at first. 

Here's one thing I DO know, though: GH's Executive Producer at the time, Tom Donovan, had worked with Leslie on the soap Love is a Many Splendored Thing, and that's the main reason she agreed to join the show--only he quit shortly after and was replaced by Gloria Monty. That left her feeling a bit stranded at first. 

So perhaps she was hired because she knew the EP. Luckily for the audience, it obviously worked out in their favor. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Today is the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death...which means that it's also the 40th anniversary of Leslie Charleson beginning as Monica on GH. One of the reasons she always said she remembered the day she started on the show is because she was a big Elvis fan--she was the President of her high school Elvis fan club, and even met him once years later in person (and accidentally spilled coffee on him)

Wasn't there some interview last year with Jane Elliott where she talked about having a fling with Elvis?  If not an actual fling, then was at least some serious flirting on set of a movie they were both in?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:
On 8/15/2017 at 2:08 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Joss's boyfriend's mom maybe?

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Just now, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Wasn't there some interview last year with Jane Elliott where she talked about having a fling with Elvis?  If not an actual fling, then was at least some serious flirting on set of a movie they were both in?

I think they had a movie fling. They were both in Change of Habit (also starring Mary Tyler Moore!). Elvis was a rock 'n' roll doctor working in a clinic in the ghetto and Jane was a postulant preparing to take her final vows. It's not the worst Elvis movie, but it's no Viva Las Vegas.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

There's a rumor that she's Oscar's mom and Oscar is Dante's. Yeesh.

Oh gawd, I hope that's not true.  The Sonny/Carly family circle doesn't need any more fuckin' members, Frank.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Joss's boyfriend's mom maybe?

Not that I even care, haven't watched this shit show in months. But I still can't quit all you good posters and your grade A snark. {{hugs}}

I could have written this post!  :-)

• Love 1

I wonder if him getting a haircut signals them trying to make him a little less ridiculous as a character over all. I guess he can't win with me because at this point I just find all attempts to make his character more popular irritating. On the other hand, the summer of Sonny has made me a little less annoyed at him in general. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

at this point I just find all attempts to make his character more popular irritating

That's because the attempts are so wrong. You don't have a SERIAL KILLER complain about having to settle a lawsuit with his victims' families, FFS. You don't make him creepily try to prevent his girlfriend from going to work.

I'll never understand why Franco was the character TIIC decided should be resurrected when they brought on RoHo. There were other options. Gah, this fakakta show.

• Love 15

So Robert Palmer Watkins has been fired. I'm pretty shocked by this. There aren't too many young guys on the show and he & Kiki are popular, right? So much for build up the Quartermaines. I guess they need more money for Steve Burton.

• Love 7

With the way things are going, I'd think every actor (save for the obvious) would feel unsettled about his/her status. The writers seem unable to think of stories for more than four or five characters. And those stories are retreads.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So Robert Palmer Watkins has been fired. I'm pretty shocked by this. There aren't too many young guys on the show and he & Kiki are popular, right? So much for build up the Quartermaines. I guess they need more money for Steve Burton.

Or maybe for Will de Vry. 

I can't blame either him or Burton fully. They cut him because FV doesn't want to part with Franco, Easton, Nina, Ava, etc.

But maybe Nelle will be cut too? Otherwise, who are they gonna pair Kiki with?

• Love 4

From Budig's interview:

When I found out I was leaving from Frank Valentini

A unique way to put it

For a longtime, I really didn’t know how people felt.  For a longtime I don’t think people really bought Hayden.  They didn’t really love her, and I get it.  I was struggling with it too, by the way.   We were all struggling with it.   We were all going, “Who is she?   What is she doing here?  (Laughs)  Why is she on the show?” (Laughs) Even for me, it was hard to find a hook into this character.  Slowly, I found a hook for her, especially with those scenes they wrote when I was leaving. I really started to find a hook in her, and so it was the best feeling in the world to feel like people cared, and that they loved us, and it was so nice.

I admire her honesty, which she often is however subtly when she's not thrilled with something (AMC with the Ryan pairing, etc.). I do think she could've worked on the show with the right character or even a more fleshed-out Hayden and better writing.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time since their invention that there are ZERO Quartermaines on contract?  ("But Michael and Jason x 2!"  Fuck that, Frank!  Michael is a Sonny bootlicker who tried to use ELQ to help him go legit while the current Jason's only interest in the Q's is getting Monica to babysit his kids.)

I mean, RPW wasn't great by any stretch, but I did kinda think he and Kiki were cute (and the show used them in their promotions a bunch) and at least scenes with him were something not related to Sonny.  So I'm not exactly outraged on his behalf, but about what it means about the show that they basically just gave up on this character.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, magnolia11 said:

Adorable?  GMAFB.  Jackass will always be a SERIAL KILLER. #neverforget  TPTB actually saying this says so much about why the show sucks.

Technically truth in advertising, since this is every bit as adorable as I would imagine, i.e. NOT REMOTELY.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, RPW wasn't great by any stretch, but I did kinda think he and Kiki were cute (and the show used them in their promotions a bunch) and at least scenes with him were something not related to Sonny.  So I'm not exactly outraged on his behalf, but about what it means about the show that they basically just gave up on this character.

I agree. I mean, I was never interested in Dillon and Kiki, but they were gaining some traction and could have gained more if they had kept writing for them; instead they completely dropped them not long after Morgan left. And I think they should have recast, but there have been actors just as bad as RPW around. 

As for the Quartermaines on contract, if you're not counting Jason or Michael, then yes I think so, since Tracy was on contract since she returned in the 00s.

Does anyone remember when they took LC off-contract?

5 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I wonder if Kiki and Ava are next.  Unless Morgan is coming back, they have no stories for them beyond an impossible Micheal/Kiki reunion or a tiresome Sonny/Carly/Ava torture triangle.  So, Steve Burton finally killed all the Quartermaines.    Hmmm

I doubt it. They had the perfect set up for Ava to leave but they re-signed MW. As for Kiki, they want a woman in that age range on the show and she's more popular than Nelle (low bar I know). As much as Frank may or may not like her, I don't think he would get rid of Kiki before Nelle.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6