Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, In2You said:

Never did I say Michael is believable as a CEO because he's definitely not.

Never did I say you did. ;-) The younger set's careers are almost always wildly unrealistic for a variety of reasons—time, education, age, etc. If one thinks Kristina is unsuitable to be a lawyer, Michael is just as unsuitable as CEO. That's what I was pointing out.

• Love 3

Why is Emma still talking about this dumb triangle? She's not of the age anymore where it's like awwww how cute/funny. Either SORAS her or don't use her. Brook Lynn Silzer is a cute girl but it wouldn't be a big mistake to recast.

I was wrong, I guess the haircut didn't signal less embarrassing crap for Franco. FV directed this episode and you just know he thought those scenes were amazing. El. Oh. El at the scene of Franco by the window.

And another self-loathing story with him? We already have one with Ava.

Speaking of haircuts, Kiki's is so freaking cute. Why don't more women on the show get them? Take notes, Chloe Lanier!

Okay, Kiki saying "Picasso had his blue period, you had your . . . dark . . . blue period" was kinda funny.

Okay dumbass Kiki with a great haircut, Franco's art makes people uncomfortable because it's MURDER ART.

Now Griffin and Ava are friends?? It's too soon for Griffin to use that word.

lol at the dun dun dun shot of Sam in the previews after Carly asked what was up. Oh no, will Carly and Sam not be kinda sorta friends anymore?

• Love 6

How old is Emma?  I'm sure it's just me, and it's pretty common, but I'm completely grossed out by pre-pubescent children having "boyfriends" and "girlfriends".  And everyone, parents included, push for this.  Do you have a boyfriend yet, little ten-year old girl?  Parents allow and indulge this type of thing, and as I said, it really creeps me out.  It's just part of the sexualizing of children, IMO, and feels wrong.

• Love 7
Just now, RedheadZombie said:

How old is Emma?  I'm sure it's just me, and it's pretty common, but I'm completely grossed out by pre-pubescent children having "boyfriends" and "girlfriends".  And everyone, parents included, push for this.  Do you have a boyfriend yet, little ten-year old girl?  Parents allow and indulge this type of thing, and as I said, it really creeps me out.  It's just part of the sexualizing of children, IMO, and feels wrong.

According to Brooklynns  twitter which I'm almost positive her mom runs she started the sixth grade this week so I'm guessing 11?

Anyone find it funny there still pretending Emma and cam are the same age which makes me confused at how old Jake is lol.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Emma's real age via her birth will be 9 this November. Brook Lynn Silzer is a couple years older.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

So in GH-universe Charlotte is supposed to be six or around there?

She seems to be whatever age the plot point necessitates. She's 10, she's 6, she's 9.

She's a dessert topping and a floor wax. (trade mark Saturday Night Live circa 1980)

• Love 8

It doesn't count as making a truce with Spencer, Valentin, if the wrongful death suit is still in progress and Spencer has been shuttled back to France by Laura and Kevin because they are afraid of what Valentin might do to him. How magnanimous of him to consider the idea of shared custody with Lulu now that Lulu has custody of Charlotte, he only has visitation, and Lulu has been the constant parent in Charlotte's life since the Nurses' Ball and has lived there full time thanks to Valentin's arrest.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How magnanimous of [Valentin] to consider the idea of shared custody with Lulu now that Lulu has custody of Charlotte

He was open to shared custody from the start, but Lulu had to go scorched earth and demand full custody right away, before Charlotte knew who Lulu was or got to know her even a little bit.

Edited by dubbel zout
too many names used too often
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He was open to shared custody from the start, but Lulu had to go scorched earth and demand full custody right away, before Charlotte knew who Lulu was or got to know her even a little bit.

No, he wasn't. He admitted to Nina or someone else that he offered shared custody to Lulu knowing she wouldn't take it. More than likely knowing she would take him to court for full, lose, and he would keep Charlotte.

• Love 2

He still offered it. Lulu not accepting it is on her, not him, IMO. She was completely unreasonable about it. She had a right to want to be involved in Charlotte's life, no question. But she refused to take it slow. It was all about what Lulu wanted, not how best to integrate herself into Charlotte's life. It's still like that. Mine, mine, mine.

The one thing I'll give Lulu is she is trying to keep her temper around Valentin, and she doesn't badmouth him to Charlotte. Lulu has at least figured that out.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

How was Lulu supposed to integrate herself into Charlotte's life when Valentin and then Nina were forcing her out every step of the way, and at that early point Valentin refused to tell Charlotte who Lulu was to her?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The one thing I'll give Lulu is she is trying to keep her temper around Valentin, and she doesn't badmouth him to Charlotte. Lulu has at least figured that out.

I can only hope Valentin has learned the same thing. Charlotte's a smart girl. She was hesitant to tell Valentin after her first visit with Lulu that she liked being with her because she already knew Valentin (and Nina) didn't like Lulu.

Is Valentin really supposed to get credit for offering Lulu shared custody of her child (under false pretenses) nearly a decade after she was born and mere months after he murdered her brother? 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Is Valentin really supposed to get credit for offering Lulu shared custody of her child (under false pretenses) nearly a decade after she was born and mere months after he murdered her brother? 

Without helping to ease the transition for Charlotte and in fact making it harder, and allowing Charlotte to behave rudely to Lulu?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

at that early point Valentin refused to tell Charlotte who Lulu was to her?

You have to admit it's complicated. What would you tell Charlotte? "Hey, the lady you thought was your mom isn't; this new lady is. Why didn't you know? Well, Daddy and this new lady were basically raped for their genetic material by Daddy's psychotic stepmother. You were an embryo for a while that was implanted in the lady you thought was your mom's uterus. Once you were born, the lady you thought was your mom ran away with you and eventually came to Port Charles, where she let two other men think they were your father. Then I came to Port Charles and the truth came out that this new lady is actually your biological mother. Got all that?" 

2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

A little credit, yes. He could have taken off with Charlotte and never returned to Port Charles. He could have bribed a judge to never rule in Lulu's favor. There are lots of things he could have done to ensure Lulu never saw Charlotte again. I've never said Valentin isn't a terrible person. He is. But he's been shown to be a decent father to Charlotte. Better than Sonny (an admittedly low bar).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm posting before reading, so I may be echoing others here.  But come on with the Scorpio-Drake baby name!  You have three "Grandpa" names.  So you give the newborn the first name of the shittiest father, the middle name of the next shittiest father, and leave out the name of the one guy who actually stuck around and raised a child?  I'm not even a Mac fan, I don't even like the name Mac.  But seriously?

Noah was a terrible father and husband. No doubt. But Robert wasn't a bad dad. He was purposely cut out of knowing Robin's very existence until she was what, 7 or 8? Then he was a pretty decent Dad. Robin loved him. It wasn't his fault(that I recall) that he "died" and was gone. WSB insisted that he remain "dead" to protect his loved ones.

The Noah part I really don't get. If Patrick really wanted to honor one of his family members, why not Matt? The man was imprisoned for killing Patrick's deranged stalker, Lisa. Who was also trying to off Robin. Killed at least one ship crew member. Attacked, Liz, I believe. But hero Dr. Matt was a guy who had to go to prison for killing someone. Not like murderers named Sonny, Jason or Franco. They can go home. Typical Fucking GH! 

The concept of Charlotte is ridiculous to the nth degree. We all know this. None of it adds up. The show is stupid not to have Valentin play the villain. Have this all come out to be a con on the Spencers (just for fun and to help deepen the real con). The true con being gaining access to Nina's fortune. Charlotte really just being the daughter of Valentin and Claudette. This storyline is now just lame, boring and just pain stupid. Does anyone care about Nina? The only way I've liked her is as her new tough career woman persona. Valentin is much more interesting as a villain. This lovelorn crap over the Devane sister's and Nina is just rotten to the core. It is sad and pathetic. 

Imagine the drama of Lulu losing her herself over Charlotte. And it all turned out to be a lie. Her dream of a new child is shattered. Perhaps her fears of losing her mind like her mother and grandmother coming true. Nina loses her family fortune. Left with nothing but her stock in Crimson. Having to make a living. Or get close to her Aunt Lisel to perhaps get her help in getting her money back from Valentin, any way possible. Hell, I'd take a MoC for Nina and Julian. If only to get Alexis out of her Julian hell. 

Any of that is 1000x better than this crap. Lists of stupid good deeds will be enough to get Nina to love Valentin again? A list of good deeds? Jesus, this is hell.

And Kiki. Franco didn't have a depressed period of his life. HE IS A SERIAL KILLER. So he really shouldn't get a pass. He should be in jail. Also, your dead, rich doctor father left you his fortune. You really shouldn't have rent issues. Especially since the apartment you live in was his. You sold it to Nina and now seem to renting it. You haven't bought a fancy car, taken any pricey trips or spent huge some of cash.

The less about Friz, the better. *puke*

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He could have taken off with Charlotte and never returned to Port Charles.

Lulu was being a short-sighted idiot when she told him but Valentin did do just that when Lulu tipped him off about his impending arrest. He fled to Canada, had fake passports made and was willing to be a fugitive on the run for the rest of his life and take Charlotte along for the ride. 

stlbfwhat you wrote about Charlotte would have been a much better story and that is where I thought it was going in the beginning when they randomly threw Valentin and Nina into each other's orbits.

• Love 3

Nina didn't say TWO years, she just said first years. Which still isn't really accurate, but she didn't put an actual qualifier in there. I listened closely because I read that here first.

god I was bored by today's show. I mean, at least there was no Sonny but poor widdle Franco is so disgusted by his past that he wants to trash his paintings. And of course Kiki walks in just in time to save him and blow smoke up his ass with that lame story about a magazine article calling him a genius interrupted.

i was only half listening but did Emma tell Anna she's 'going out with' a boy back home? 

Does anyone like this Nina/Valentin/Charlotte/Lulu crap? Dante isn't in it enough to warrant adding his name. Damn near anything would've been better. But this loser version of Valentin is just boring and morose.

And Emma is "seeing" a boy named "Leif" or "Leaf". It is California,  so either would work.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I know the CO77X is a code that Franco tagged in his work and crime scenes, but I don't remember what it meant.  Does anyone remember?

Something about a police booking number?

9 hours ago, In2You said:

She's a 6 year undergrad student with no defined major and no graduation date in sight. That says lawyer material?

I thought when the whole hoopla about Parker went down, Kris was expelled and therefore kicked out of law school, which is why she's now taking business classes at PCU.  

What is the diamond in that Spencer gave Emma? It looks like a stale sugar cookie. ETA: Turns out it was clay.

LOL at the music they used while Franco was slashing his paintings. 

3 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

I thought Franco painted sandwiches.

That was Heather, painting under Franco's name.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What is the diamond in that Spencer gave Emma? It looks like a stale sugar cookie.

Why are these writers going back to stories that happened 4825 years ago?  Nik died last July (2016).  Spencer found that diamond a month or so before that and was planning on giving it to Emma then.  Since then, Nik has died, Spencer's been in school in France and Emma moved to California.  But a year plus later, the diamond comes up again?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Nina didn't say TWO years, she just said first years

I heard "few" years.  

He did.  He took off to Niagara Falls, where Dante and Anna tracked him down.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Speaking of haircuts, Kiki's is so freaking cute.

By contrast, I hate Nina'.  That straight, super straight, look, I don't get it.  Lulu's was like that before ER went on mat leave.  I'm hoping she's changed it since.  

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's called a slow burn, Perkie.

I googled slow burn and got this:  "a state of slowly mounting anger or annoyance."

Yep, that's about right!!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

He did.  He took off to Niagara Falls, where Dante and Anna tracked him down.  

That was after Lulu tipped him off about his arrest, as LexieLily mentioned. I was referring to when they were initially trying to figure out the situation.

Edited by dubbel zout
attribution

If Valentin was smart he should have done that then, when Lulu had no legal rights to her daughter. If Dante/Anna/Lulu hadn't found Charlotte so quickly when he ran off with her after the Nurses' Ball, even though he had full physical and legal custody he could have been punished by the courts for running with Charlotte and denying Lulu her court-mandated time.

1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Does anyone like this Nina/Valentin/Charlotte/Lulu crap? Dante isn't in it enough to warrant adding his name. Damn near anything would've been better. But this loser version of Valentin is just boring and morose.

And Emma is "seeing" a boy named "Leif" or "Leaf". It is California,  so either would work.

I have a son named Leif. It should be pronounced "Life" according to a Swedish friend of mine.

There was a moment today when Nina and Valentin were talking where she tilted her head and sort of glazed over--I thought for a minute she was having a stroke.  Maybe she forgot her lines?  Or is that just her acting style?  Odd.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I thought when the whole hoopla about Parker went down, Kris was expelled and therefore kicked out of law school, which is why she's now taking business classes at PCU.  

No, she wasn't in law school. She was still undergrad though they never even said what her major was.

19 hours ago, bybrandy said:

But for me the reason I was rooting for Mac for the name is because Mac is the one who was there for Robin when she was originally diagnosed.  He was the one who was there when the idea of Emma and Noah was so incredibly implausible.  

I mean, but if we're basing it on that, then she should have named the kid Jason because that is who Robin credits for helping her the most during that time, mentally and physically.

9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

So you give the newborn the first name of the shittiest father, the middle name of the next shittiest father, and leave out the name of the one guy who actually stuck around and raised a child?

Noah became an alcoholic after his wife died. His shittiness stemmed from that. Patrick and Noah, through the help of Robin, were able to mend their relationship. Also, I don't  consider Robert a shitty father.

Robert was always a good father to Robin. The only reason Mac raised Robin because both Robert and Anna were presumed dead.  Anna survived the explosion(?) and had amnesia for several years before she resurfaced on All My Children and reconnected with Robin.  Robert was still "dead" until he showed up during the Monkey Pox or Toxic Balls storyline.  He would have returned to Port Charles for Robin but he was held hostage by evildoers in the WSB.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, WendyCR72 said:

She also had a boy per her Twitter account. Think his name was Otis.

I know that name is getting trendy, but it will always be the name of the drunk on Andy Griffith, or a dog.  But congrats to Kimberly.

After all the trouble she's had giving birth, Kimberly names the kid "Otis"? Unless that's a family name, which I doubt, it stinks. I too thought immediately of the drunk on the Andy Griffith show, or a mangy family pet. Can't think of a cute nickname from that one either. Why start off on the wrong foot with your child?  

• Love 5

There was a moment today when Nina and Valentin were talking where she tilted her head and sort of glazed over--I thought for a minute she was having a stroke.  Maybe she forgot her lines?  Or is that just her acting style?  Odd.

Maybe she was bored numb out her skull because her repeating things twice just hasn't prepared her for Frank's ability to repeat things for weeks and months on end.

The writers had both spin (Thursday) and kiki (Friday) use the word 'empirical'.   They are trying real hard to smarten up Kiki.  Hey writers - Kiki began her undergrad/gambling degree at either Vanderbilt or Vasaar  or Williams (or some other such institution of that ilk) so it's not much of a stretch that she might be able to become a doctor. 

Three whole episodes without Sonny, Carly, and Jason.  Just about the only semi-good thing about having this carson and jason  overload  is that it greatly enhances my tolerance for surplus characters folks like Franco and Nina.  

If I do have to watch Parker, I hope that Kristina calls out Parker for getting her officially kicked out of a decent college. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, stlbf said:

And Kiki. Franco didn't have a depressed period of his life. HE IS A SERIAL KILLER. So he really shouldn't get a pass. He should be in jail. Also, your dead, rich doctor father left you his fortune. You really shouldn't have rent issues. Especially since the apartment you live in was his. You sold it to Nina and now seem to renting it. You haven't bought a fancy car, taken any pricey trips or spent huge some of cash.

12 hours ago, Sake614 said:

...poor widdle Franco is so disgusted by his past that he wants to trash his paintings. And of course Kiki walks in just in time to save him and blow smoke up his ass with that lame story about a magazine article calling him a genius interrupted.

Franco's puerile reaction to his art--punishing it with knife slashes--was ironically comic. It's what we viewers would all like to do to the character himself. He is a serial killer who has never demonstrated real contrition and remorse, even after he was released by clever but hollow lawyering in court. He's been creepy to Liz and doesn't deserve her. A transient mood of his sadz is reversed by empty-headed, uneducated candystriper Kiki. If Franco's work really does show "genius interrupted," someone with at least Ava's knowledge and experience in the art world should be saying it instead. No Bueno, Show.

And yes Kiki should not have any financial problems. She certainly shouldn't have to borrow or depend on someone of Franco's ilk. Ava, Kiki's mama, lives in a penthouse and has plenty of dough. You know she'd be proud to put the Keeks through years of college, medical school, internship, and residency--however far the kiddo would get before her brain explodes.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Emma's real age via her birth will be 9 this November. Brook Lynn Silzer is a couple years older.

Emma was aged when Brooklyn took over the role. She went from toddler to 5 yr old

14 hours ago, Perkie said:

I heard "few" years.  

That's what I heard, too. Which is annoying, but not as bad as if it had been 'two' years.

I have no horse in the race on Robin's baby name because I wasn't really watching during the Robin years, but in general I like the name Malcom better than the name Noah.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why is Emma still talking about this dumb triangle? She's not of the age anymore where it's like awwww how cute/funny. Either SORAS her or don't use her. Brook Lynn Silzer is a cute girl but it wouldn't be a big mistake to recast.

I think it's because of the Spencer taint.  FV thinks he is so precociously cute that he's burying poor Emma and disappearing Cameron in the boring, stupid crap.

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I've never said Valentin isn't a terrible person. He is. But he's been shown to be a decent father to Charlotte. Better than Sonny (an admittedly low bar).

I've never been able to understand why Ava, who had custody, now has to beg Sonny and Carly to be allowed to spend time with her daughter.

I like the name because I like the name Noah and I lurve Robert Scorpio. And Robert was a good dad for the years that he was onscreen, but Robert got to be the father to a cute kid.

Mac had to do the heavy lifting with Robin. He handled the grieving child who lost her parents, all of the rebellious teenager nonsense, Stone's death and Robin's HIV diagnosis. Mac dealt with all of the hard, crappy stuff and he did it with a shit-ton of grace. I'm not saying that Robert wouldn't have done just as well, but he wasn't there, and Mac was, and Mac didn't have to be. It was absolutely not his job. He made a hard choice and kept making it. He wasn't just a good uncle, he was the most consistent, reliable parental presence in her life and I don't think he gets recognized nearly enough for that.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Valentin was smart he should have done that then, when Lulu had no legal rights to her daughter.

You'd then point out that Lulu never got a chance to know Charlotte. Heh. You despise Valentin; that's fine. I don't think he's Mr. Wonderful by any stretch, but I can see some nuance.

29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

've never been able to understand why Ava, who had custody, now has to beg Sonny and Carly to be allowed to spend time with her daughter.

Because Sonny thinks Ava is a terrible person and a bad influence on Avery. (Insert CopKilla eye roll here.) Right now I don't think Ava is emotionally equipped to have Avery live with her, but she should definitely be able to see her at will. 

• Love 1

No, Ava shouldn't have Avery living with her right now.  But that Sonny the half-wit killer mobster and lock-minded Carly, along with boot-licking Michael, can keep Avery from being able to form a healthy attachment to her mother is infuriating.

Morgan was the first of Sonny's children who grew up with him and look how he turned out.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9