Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Nina still wears her wedding ring bling even after signing divorce papers.

I got a kick out of sex-sated Michael telling Nell that she is "the best assistant Nina's ever had". Wasn't Maxie a pretty darn good assistant to Nina, and even taught her everything she knows about the business? Just another reminder of how naïve and stupid Michael is, especially for a CEO.

After watching Anna dance with the psychiatrist again, I still hate it. And after one dance, in the subsequent previews for next week was she already proposing a sleepover with him? At least get him to buy a dinner, Anna!

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
On 7/1/2017 at 4:15 PM, ciarra said:

I'm guessing Helena put a curse on Sam and brainwashed her<rme>, which is why Sam didn't recognize that Jason wasn't Jason.  She doesn't even need a brain tumor, just Helena.

Helena also brainwashed Jakeson (BM), which explains why he thinks he's Jason. 

I actually think that's how they're gonna resolve this.  Reasons, Helena.  But tbh Helena switching the Jasons is perfect revenge.  If I recall correctly, she's the reason Nik learned Jake was Jason.  So, say she wanted revenge on everyone.  She gives Nik false info, effectively turning everyone (almost) against him- including Sam, daughter of Alexis, she tricks Liz into thinking she is marrying Jason- knowing Liz would not tell anyone especially since Lucky magically found alive Jake, she turns Sam's world upside down, and gets to screw with the Q' s.   If BM would be AJ, it'd be a sweeter revenge.   The perfect plan, so to speak.  

• Love 2

One certainty about this whole Two Jasons thing I know - it'll make no sense and will most likely suck. But it'll fit with the rest of this incomprehensible show, so it's something.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

One certainty about this whole Two Jasons thing I know - it'll make no sense and will most likely suck. But it'll fit with the rest of this incomprehensible show, so it's something.

One Jason is boring enough. Now we get to see two Jasons? Ugh. The next step will probably be two Sonnys. Enough with the Sonny-Carly-Jason-Sam never-ending nightmarithon of plot twists.

The same goes for the nightmare of Franco paired or mated up with anybody! Franco is a serial-rapist killer who has never been remorseful in any convincing way. Stop with the excuses and bizarre plot turns for Franco; he can't be redeemed. Nobody else can get a brain tumor so that it "redeems" Franco/Freako. Franco is never sorry. He's not a victim. Don't the show writers get it?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, ChelleGame said:

I haven't watched GH in about 8 months. I tuned back in on Friday. Why was Anna dancing?  I just could not figure that one out.

Finola had a couple of dancing roles back in the 1980's ("Cats" and a minor role in a lame disco sequel to Saturday Night Fever). She's been an actress much much longer than she was a dancer. But apparently Fin had an itch to scratch and wanted to be seen dancing in a "hot" way, flipping up her skirts, sticking out her stick legs, and getting "dipped" by her male partner. (Maybe she's been watching one-too-many :Dancing with the Stars".) So the Show let her, and the dance has apparently led to a promising new racially-mixed affair for character Anna de Vane.

Tragically, the poorly written Chimera story featuring Anna as twins failed miserably, so the affair is the show's next attempt to placate the actress with new challenges.

• Love 2

Friends is on a lot of channels. I don't see Spencer being interested in it, though, simply because of its premise.

Oh, Spencer probably watches things like that and doesn't admit it.  His favorite friend is probably Monica. That would make sense. She was picky and manic. 

10 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I actually think that's how they're gonna resolve this.  Reasons, Helena.  But tbh Helena switching the Jasons is perfect revenge.  If I recall correctly, she's the reason Nik learned Jake was Jason.  So, say she wanted revenge on everyone.  She gives Nik false info, effectively turning everyone (almost) against him- including Sam, daughter of Alexis, she tricks Liz into thinking she is marrying Jason- knowing Liz would not tell anyone especially since Lucky magically found alive Jake, she turns Sam's world upside down, and gets to screw with the Q' s.   If BM would be AJ, it'd be a sweeter revenge.   The perfect plan, so to speak.  

Didn't Spinelli's computer magic turn Jake's face into Jason's? Retconville here we come again.

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Except that she doesn't care about most of those people, or any of them really except Nik

Exactly.   It's basically "reasons, Helena".  But it makes more sense than "reasons, Sonny is awesome."

7 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Didn't Spinelli's computer magic turn Jake's face into Jason's? Retconville here we come again.

Yes.  Also, there was a DNA test done by Carly.  She stole Not Jason's hairbrush or water bottle and bribed a doctor who was cheating on his wife at the Metro Court.  She gave them a free room with privacy for whatever amount of time.  So the GH lab and Brad aren't responsible for this.  Carly then drove to the church to tell him when Kiki hit her while drunk driving Franco's car.  So, BM's Jason was a match to Steve's Jason.   

I am sure the Tale of Two Jason Morgan's will be some crap pulled out of IIC backside.  Heather will more than likely be pulled out of cold storage and she tells us another retcon BS story about Alan/Susan/Jason/Mason, because the Franco crap that she told in 2012/2013 was nothing but a big fat mess.  Heather also gave us the BS story that HateChel was the product of an affair between her mother and Jeff Webber.  FV should be fired for this mess!

Happy 4th of July!

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I actually think that's how they're gonna resolve this.  Reasons, Helena.  But tbh Helena switching the Jasons is perfect revenge.

Same here, and while there's no way without a retcon that Helena could switch Jasons, it's not the worst solution. At least Helena was regularly an awful person. She's a too-convenient catchall, but blaming her doesn't come out of left field.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
On 7/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, dubbel zout said:

Friends is on a lot of channels. I don't see Spencer being interested in it, though, simply because of its premise.

Oh, I don't think it was Spencer knowingly making a "Friends" reference, it was just Ron referencing something else on TV, a la the non-stop "Golden Girls" talk from the gays around that same time.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Finola had a couple of dancing roles back in the 1980's ("Cats" and a minor role in a lame disco sequel to Saturday Night Fever). She's been an actress much much longer than she was a dancer. But apparently Fin had an itch to scratch and wanted to be seen dancing in a "hot" way, flipping up her skirts, sticking out her stick legs, and getting "dipped" by her male partner. (Maybe she's been watching one-too-many :Dancing with the Stars".) So the Show let her, and the dance has apparently led to a promising new racially-mixed affair for character Anna de Vane.

Tragically, the poorly written Chimera story featuring Anna as twins failed miserably, so the affair is the show's next attempt to placate the actress with new challenges.

FH has actually been an accomplished dancer for a long, long time; she really knows her shit. I believe she was a dancer well before she was doing a ton of acting. To my knowledge, though, the only time she's ever really gotten to show it is with the occasional old tangos with Duke, but that's really not a varied or constant showcase over 30+ years. And this increasingly-cheap soap opera is not the best way to showcase her abilities - any of them, let alone agile dance moves.

As for Alex/Anna, Finola notably did not enjoy her previous stint playing Alex on AMC so that subplot was not an attempt to placate her. It was likely the brainchild of Jean Passanante, who created Alex.

As for the Two Jasons: While it would certainly be soapy for Sam to have borne the other guy's kid, no matter who BM's Jason turns out to be I would not be shocked to see Frank and co. placate the Jasam fanbase by revealing that Scout is actually somehow Big Steve's child instead - like, they harvested Real Jason's jizz over on Cassadine Island or some shit, and cue the tearful paternity reveal in summer 2018 to re-affirm their love. Hey, they did it with Hope, John, Stefano and Zombie Mime Bo on DAYS when fans rebelled. GH is shit-scared of any fanbase that contains more than 15 people and will do anything to coddle them at this point; in this bargain-basement day and age the Jasam fans are likely put up there with Luke and Laura fans in TPTB's minds.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, jsbt said:

FH has actually been an accomplished dancer for a long, long time; she really knows her shit. I believe she was a dancer well before she was doing a ton of acting. To my knowledge, though, the only time she's ever really gotten to show it is with the occasional old tangos with Duke, but that's really not a varied or constant showcase over 30+ years. And this increasingly-cheap soap opera is not the best way to showcase her abilities - any of them, let alone agile dance moves.

As for Alex/Anna, Finola notably did not enjoy her previous stint playing Alex on AMC so that subplot was not an attempt to placate her. It was likely the brainchild of Jean Passanante, who created Alex.

As for the Two Jasons: While it would certainly be soapy for Sam to have borne the other guy's kid, no matter who BM's Jason turns out to be I would not be shocked to see Frank and co. placate the Jasam fanbase by revealing that Scout is actually somehow Big Steve's child instead - like, they harvested Real Jason's jizz over on Cassadine Island or some shit, and cue the tearful paternity reveal in summer 2018 to re-affirm their love. Hey, they did it with Hope, John, Stefano and Zombie Mime Bo on DAYS when fans rebelled. GH is shit-scared of any fanbase that contains more than 15 people and will do anything to coddle them at this point; in this bargain-basement day and age the Jasam fans are likely put up there with Luke and Laura fans in TPTB's minds.

Right?  LOL, as if TPTB care about anyone other than MB/LW/SBu to 'placate' them.   

Yeah, given Jake was killed off so Sam would be the only mother of Jason's (living) children, it'll be interesting to see how Scout is going to be explained away as another man, and not the Sainted Borg's, child.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Fin had an itch to scratch and wanted to be seen dancing in a "hot" way, flipping up her skirts, sticking out her stick legs, and getting "dipped" by her male partner. (Maybe she's been watching one-too-many :Dancing with the Stars".) So the Show let her

She requested that?  Really?  Because I was overcome with second-hand embarrassment.   I knew she was a dancer, but I thought Show decided that Anna had a signature dance (Tango) with Dewk, so they wanted to quick-sell a romance, so Disco with Andre was born.   In other news, I would kill for stick legs. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

As for the Two Jasons: While it would certainly be soapy for Sam to have borne the other guy's kid, no matter who BM's Jason turns out to be 

I thought that too at first, but the BM fans are pretty vocal, so maybe not. 

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

She requested that?  

No.

(edited)
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

You can pretty much take it to the bank that the second she got a script that said she had to dance, her reaction was along the lines of, "Do I really have to?!"  She's way too critical of herself and too much of a perfectionist to enjoy dancing on screen anymore.  I've hear her say firsthand she dreaded when Frank told her she had to do the tango, the first time.  But she's a pro, so she brought in a choreographer friend, and taped herself, etc. to make it as presentable as she could.

I'd imagine the only time she'd be enthusiastic about dancing if it involved children, like doing a little duet with Emma.  If she had any pull at all, that's what she'd do.

JP liked to have Finola dance as Alex on AMC as well.  She had Alex and Edmund salsa dancing at some club on that show.

Ballet lessons since 3. Attended London's equivalent of Fame high school. Member of a professional ballet company at 18.  On West End (the original Victoria the White Cat in Cats) at 21.  Regular on the Hot Shoe Show after that.  In her early 20s, she realized that a dancer's career isn't usually long-lived.  She has no singing voice -- she has one line on the Original Cast album, and they pretty much kept saying 'lower, lower' until she sounded, according to her, like Johnny Rotten.  So a Broadway career was out.  So, she took up acting.   So, all told, a 20-year commitment on her part.   

I watched Friday's dance scene.  Best part for me, -- the "Whaaaa, a dance floor?" faux surprise by a woman wearing felt-bottomed dancing shoes. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought that too at first, but the BM fans are pretty vocal, so maybe not. 

That's assuming he'll stay on the show with Steve back. I don't think he will.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, jsbt said:

That's assuming he'll stay on the show with Steve back. I don't think he will.

I agree. However they resolve the story, his character will be secondary to SBu's. It's kind of a demotion.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I'm usually very much in favor of vets getting screen time and good storylines on GH, but they've just gone too far with Anna, and Finola went along with the charades and loose ends. She's danced, she's been twins (one baddish and one normal) simultaneously, teasing us about when she's one or the other (giving me a headache). She's worn out our patience with whining  about Justice for Dewq. The show started giving her a storyline with Valentin, and Alex even messed up his marriage to Nina. Now Anna says she's hoping she doesn't have to testify about Valentin. (Wouldn't it be more accurate to have Alex testify?)

Finola Hughes apparently went along with all these permutations to be onscreen and perhaps to pick up easy cheques and shake her boredom.  I daresay she didn't mind reviving her dancing and being able to play a larger ranger of emotions with the Anna/Alex conundrum. But In the confusion, the Anna character lost her focus and trivialized her connections with her vivid past (for example, her WSB training and her telephone chats periodically with Robert, which were usually pointless and confusing.)

I don't see the same sad denouement with the vet characters of Monica or Mac. or Ned. Those  characters have remained pretty consistent and real, not confusing. They haven't twinned or disco-danced with their psychiatrists. Anna is ruined for me, but I am grateful for these other vets.

(edited)

Monica, Mac and Ned also have a fraction of her airtime. This is the shit all vets put up with if they stay on contract. Good and bad writing comes and goes, it's the way it is.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Right?  LOL, as if TPTB care about anyone other than MB/LW/SBu to 'placate' them.   

Yeah, given Jake was killed off so Sam would be the only mother of Jason's (living) children, it'll be interesting to see how Scout is going to be explained away as another man, and not the Sainted Borg's, child.

Well, we all know Steve Jason wanted her to abort Danny originally....  Seriously, though, if BM is playing AJ then they'll redo the Michael Wars but with Scout.  If he's just a random imposter (tbh a retcon of him being Lucky would fit Helena's evil plan too if you twist enough shit around), then Scout won't be seen much.  Real Jason doesn't know that Danny is his, I don't think.  So, they'll pull out those damn figures and make Steve squeeze some man tears out to have a huge emotional scene.  It will be terrible and hilarious.  

We can still make this Charlotte kid anyone's daughter, right? It's not too implausible? I'll take literally anyone to get her off the show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Real Jason doesn't know that Danny is his, I don't think. 

I think I read Borg did find out Danny was his just before Helena did the world a favor and kicked him into the PC River.

• Love 2
(edited)

I believe it was Cesar Faison who performed that particular good deed.

It does get distracting trying to remember which supervillain did what. Though everyone has kidnapped Robin.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think I read Borg did find out Danny was his just before Helena did the world a favor and kicked him into the PC River.

Liz told Jason hours after she got the paternity results. Jebus, you'd have thought that she had held back the truth for weeks/months the way JaSam fans talk. Which is also why it was so moronic to have Liz lie about "Jake's" identity. Same shit, different name.

I still maintain that Valentin should be running a con on the Spencers and Nina. Charlotte is Claudette's and this is all a ruse to get money and to torment Laura and Lulu just as a bonus. And to soften up Nina for the fleecing. Way better storyline than this shit.

• Love 1
(edited)

Tall Hair Dillion is So Stoked for Brother Ned, brah! Where's Tracy, who knows, it's just three dudes toasting in this room and only one's been on the show ten years! Wally Kurth's hair looks like donut glaze. This show is so bizarre.

Remember when Obrecht was an international terrorist? Now she's just desperate to recruit Kiki #2 and framing a guy at work she doesn't like. Not to say I am weeping for Dr. O's place on the show because she can go, but God it's so domestic and irrelevant. "Eez et meee? Kin yoo see vhat I'm doink to Fyn's sempo??" Sad!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Robin told Jason about Danny's paternity when she rescued him. Liz switched Danny's maternity results.  

• Love 9

Yes, Elizabeth had the maternity test switched out.  It was to determine that Tea's baby was actually Sam's baby.  She did it to keep Jason from Sam.

RC was garbage for writing it and then shrugging it off when he got major blowback from Elizabeth fans.  All done to make Liz the big bad, again. for the filth that was/is J/S.   

(edited)

Lessee -

Paternity:

Franco convinced Sam and Jason that he'd raped her. Heather diddled the paternity test so Sam thought Danny was Franco's son. Sam didn't discover the truth until a few days after Jason died, Jason didn't learn the truth until Robin told him (2 years later?) after she depopsicled and rescued him. She told him in the car on the way to PC, I think.

Maternity:

Todd and Heather switched Tea's dead baby for Danny. When Jason was finally convinced that Sam's baby wasn't dead, he and McBain got DNA for a maternity test which Liz offered to perform.  Liz switched the test because she didn't want Sam/Jason to reconcile and because she felt bad for Tea. She confessed her sins to Jasus, as is right and proper. Sam eventually got Danny back, she and Jason reconciled and Jason "died" the same night. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I believe it was Cesar Faison who performed that particular good deed.

That may have been the highlight of Ron's tenure. 

Who is the fasion designer who allegedly said  before she would leave the house, she would turn in a mirror and take off whatever she first noticed?  That's what Ron needed to do with his scripts. Go through them once, identify the most garish, over the top moment, and cull. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Francie said:

Who is the fasion designer who allegedly said  before she would leave the house, she would turn in a mirror and take off whatever she first noticed?

Coco Chanel.

• Love 1

anna and andre looked like they were having a ball. curtis looked good in those nerdy glasses. 

are carly and sonny going to ruin olivias wedding when they see nelle? 

i cant believe this Scooby doo plot to catch obrecht.obrecht should say i would have got away with  it if wasnt for those meddling kids.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2017 at 0:18 AM, stlbf said:

Liz told Jason hours after she got the paternity results. Jebus, you'd have thought that she had held back the truth for weeks/months the way JaSam fans talk. Which is also why it was so moronic to have Liz lie about "Jake's" identity. Same shit, different name.

I still maintain that Valentin should be running a con on the Spencers and Nina. Charlotte is Claudette's and this is all a ruse to get money and to torment Laura and Lulu just as a bonus. And to soften up Nina for the fleecing. Way better storyline than this shit.

I thought Valentin was the scariest Cassadine.   Dude, the annoying lady in white that Ethan was obsessed with had more intensity than Valentin.  I guess, he's a giant emo kid so that's scary.....

On 7/4/2017 at 10:19 AM, Oracle42 said:

Lessee -

Paternity:

Franco convinced Sam and Jason that he'd raped her. Heather diddled the paternity test so Sam thought Danny was Franco's son. Sam didn't discover the truth until a few days after Jason died, Jason didn't learn the truth until Robin told him (2 years later?) after she depopsicled and rescued him. She told him in the car on the way to PC, I think.

Maternity:

Todd switched and Heather switched Tea's dead baby for Danny. When Jason was finally convinced that Sam's baby wasn't dead. He and McBain got DNA for a maternity test which Liz offered to perform.  Liz switched the test because she didn't want Sam/Jason to reconcile and because she felt bad for Tea. She confessed her sins to Jasus, as is right and proper. Sam eventually got Danny back, she and Jason reconciled and Jason "died" the same night. 

When does everyone think the switch happened?  Like, when did Steve become Billy in PCverse.  I think it happened in the hospital because well, that's where Helena rolls, plus Ava was losing her shit by him the whole time till Jordan rolled up and helped (back when Jordan was the BAMF)  

In the entire phone call that Valentin made to Nina to whine and profess his love, did he mention or ask about Charlotte even once?

Why was Nina yelling and screaming at Anna when she was the one that called her?

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

In the entire phone call that Valentin made to Nina to whine and profess his love, did he mention or ask about Charlotte even once?

Yes. He called Charlotte first; I think it went to Lulu's voicemail.

JdP's glasses are hilarious—they look like readers he's wearing as regular glasses. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I'm glad Curtis located his backbone, because I'm tired of everyone bending over backwards to placate Stella. There is nothing likeable about this woman. Curtis is in his 40s, he can date Jordan or anyone else without answering to his overbearing aunt. 

Valentine's letter rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, Nina is important to Charlotte, but claiming that Nina is the greatest gift he ever gave Charlotte is a bit much. Nina was her stepmother for six months, it's Lulu who has the right to be there for Charlotte for the rest of her life. 

"Do you doubt my sincerity, or my ability to make it happen?" Both, always, no matter the situation. Sonny leaving the business is about as likely as me starting a Franco fan club. But if he really does need a successor it might as well be Spencer, because that would be as realistic as anything else Spencer has done.

Sam's hallucinations are so silly, and it's ridiculous that she won't tell anyone about them. Her battle with anxiety had the potential to be powerful and relatable, and instead it's been reduced to something outlandish and dumb.

• Love 7

For a minute there during the Jordan/Curtis sex scene, it looked as if the actors forgot what to do, and then someone remembered they were supposed to be on the bed. Hee. Also, things go easier if you at minimum take your pants off. But then, this is the show where Sam gave birth fully clothed, so what do I know?

2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sam's hallucinations are so silly, and it's ridiculous that she won't tell anyone about them. Her battle with anxiety had the potential to be powerful and relatable, and instead it's been reduced to something outlandish and dumb.

She's a wimmins, so her struggles don't mean anything.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Linny said:

Valentin's letter rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, Nina is important to Charlotte, but claiming that Nina is the greatest gift he ever gave Charlotte is a bit much. Nina was her stepmother for six months, it's Lulu who has the right to be there for Charlotte for the rest of her life. 

With all these regrets Valentin has about the life he lost with Nina and Charlotte, it's telling that his regrets don't include the early life that Lulu lost with Charlotte, or his actions on that island that culminated in Charlotte's uncle being murdered, and an innocent in Kevin being shot because Valentin aimed the gun next at Charlotte's grandmother.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For a minute there during the Jordan/Curtis sex scene, it looked as if the actors forgot what to do, and then someone remembered they were supposed to be on the bed. Hee.

Maybe they're still getting the super specific and detailed stage directions that TG hated so much

• Love 2