Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

A bad girl edge to her?  I'm gonna need to see some receipts.

Drugging Sonny?  Undressing him, letting him think he had sex with her (which is assault btw - not any different than what Franco did to Sam).  Cozying up to Carly with the intentions of blowing her world apart - mission accomplished.  Yeah, she qualifies as a bad girl, although trying to reform.

Just now, ulkis said:

Hey @Bishop , did you hear about Steve Burton?

Oh yeah!!  I am SO happy.  No offense to BM, but he's not Jason Morgan and doesn't have the chemistry with Kemo or any of the people that Jason loved, including Monica and Michael.  Haters to the left.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, they tried, but it was so muddled.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Drugging Sonny?  Undressing him, letting him think he had sex with her (which is assault btw - not any different than what Franco did to Sam).  Cozying up to Carly with the intentions of blowing her world apart - mission accomplished.  Yeah, she qualifies as a bad girl, although trying to reform.

Nelle did bad things, sure, but they veered as quick as they could away from her being a classic soap bad girl.  She was bland and mealy mouthed in her scheming for the most part and any kind of edge she had was sanded away once she got involved with Michael.  It's not going to impact her relationship with him at all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I loled so hard at that "Steve Burton returns to GH" promo.

The Charlotte actress is legit one of the best actors on this show. I liked the Olivia/Lulu/Dante/Charlotte scenes. 

Fast forwarded everything Sonny and everything Ava. I would've fast forwarded everything Carly too, but I wanted to see her find out about Joss' party. Boring scenes though, I should have just fast forwarded.

The Spencer/Laura/Alexis scenes weren't bad, but I just can't with Spencer. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Instead, Dr. O hates Finn because... she's jealous? It's been mentioned before that Finn has been given the Golden Boy treatment with his unauthorized experiments and "How DARE you question me!" attitude, because he saved Tracey and saved the hospital with selling the cure.

No.  She hates him because he saved Tracy over her recommendation, Dr. Mayes.  That's always been established.

• Love 2

Joss is 14 years old, she is old enough to hire her dad's best friend, Alexis, and petition the court to be emancipated from Carly on the grounds that Carly's life choices are endangering her life.  Carly has continually chosen Sonny and the mob lifestyle over the safety of her children. Carly has had one child shot in the head, spend a year in a coma and be sent to prison where he was raped all because of his father's "profession".  Carly's youngest son was blown up and "killed" in a mob related hit gone wrong.  Sonny was pardoned by the Governor for the cold blooded murder of her son's biological father.  Sonny shot an undercover FBI agent, who he did not know was his son, point blank in the chest.  Sonny has attempted to murder Joss's father and has also attempted to frame him for sexual assault.  Carly has literally had a gun to her head on numerous occasions yet she still chooses to be with Sonny and the danger that surrounds him over the welfare of her daughter.  If Joss went before a judge I bet she would win, especially if the judge from Michaels sentencing were the judge hearing her case.

• Love 11
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

He does have the raw sensuality of this guy:

310?cb=20150609233604

Yep, tall, incredibly flexible, with great eyes.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bishop said:
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And she's completely backtracked on all of that. A true bad girl would have doubled down. The writers went too far by having her drug Sonny—he was drunk enough before that for her plan to have worked—but everything else was pretty tame when it comes to bad behavior. One bad act, even one that's had a longish term, doesn't a bad girl make, IMO.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And she's completely backtracked on all of that. A true bad girl would have doubled down. The writers went too far by having her drug Sonny—he was drunk enough before that for her plan to have worked—but everything else was pretty tame when it comes to bad behavior. One bad act, even one that's had a longish term, doesn't a bad girl make, IMO.

GH doesn't really have any "bad girl" type characters tbh.  All of them are boring sugar and nice, with no spice.  Ava Jerome's daughter is boring af.  Sonny's daughter, who's half Cassadine is boring af.    I blame Sabrina.  When she came on this show, there was too much niceness.  Do the writers get the concept of "love to hate"?  It's better than "hate to hate" which is exactly what every character is now.  They need a teen set and a college age set badly.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Joss is 14 years old, she is old enough to hire her dad's best friend, Alexis, and petition the court to be emancipated from Carly on the grounds that Carly's life choices are endangering her life.  Carly has continually chosen Sonny and the mob lifestyle over the safety of her children. Carly has had one child shot in the head, spend a year in a coma and be sent to prison where he was raped all because of his father's "profession".  Carly's youngest son was blown up and "killed" in a mob related hit gone wrong.  Sonny was pardoned by the Governor for the cold blooded murder of her son's biological father.  Sonny shot an undercover FBI agent, who he did not know was his son, point blank in the chest.  Sonny has attempted to murder Joss's father and has also attempted to frame him for sexual assault.  Carly has literally had a gun to her head on numerous occasions yet she still chooses to be with Sonny and the danger that surrounds him over the welfare of her daughter.  If Joss went before a judge I bet she would win, especially if the judge from Michaels sentencing were the judge hearing her case.

That judge was awesome.  We need more like him around.

(edited)
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Joss is 14 years old, she is old enough to hire her dad's best friend, Alexis, and petition the court to be emancipated from Carly on the grounds that Carly's life choices are endangering her life. 

That would be a fantastic idea for a story!

Therefore, it will never happen.  :(

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 9
(edited)

That  judge was awesome.  I presume the show got rid of him immediately afterwards.

Bobbie told Joss "You're seven years away from being able to drink" which I assume is 21 in Port Charles so that would make her 14.

I'd love it if Molly came up with the idea for emancipation and she and Joss had to convince Alexis but I guess she's too much of a fan of Sonny for that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

That's why I assumed Joss was 14.  

On Instagram, the actress said that she just turned 14. I remember because it was the same week that my daughter turned 13!

Why is Laura indulging Spencer with his ridiculous plan to get revenge on Valentin? Shut the little turd down, Laura! And yeah, it's gross he's going after Charlotte when she's completely innocent and hasn't a clue what's going on.

Carly's anger at Joss was totally on point. I wish more had been made about the fact that everyone was way under 21 and drinking alcohol, but that's likely my particular issue.

I wonder why Sonny was wearing a cap today in Ava's hospital room. He hadn't before.

I liked Bobbie's outfit, especially the skirt. The coral color was great on her.

When was the Burton tease? I FFed through the commercials, but I was watching.

• Love 1

I haven't seen Chad have good chemistry with any of the women he's been paired with. Yes they were all horribly written romances but he doesn't bring much to the table either. He's so miscast as Michael.

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hmm, are they going to have him color his hair black, and also be the (previously unknown to the audience) son of a Sonny mob rival family?  Worked so well for SJB, after all /sarcasm.

(edited)

Sonny is a despicable troll barging into Ava 's room--again--to bully her.  How the show thinks this is acceptable is pathetic.

speaking of pathetic, Bobbie and Dante should have nothing to do with Ava's care or questioning (without her lawyer present, at that). So over how there are rules for everyone on this show...and then there's the special Sonny/Carly rules.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Laura indulging Spencer with his ridiculous plan to get revenge on Valentin? Shut the little turd down, Laura!

SER-I-OUS-LY!  Are Laura and Kevin going to spend all summer with or talking about this little snot?  I can't.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Am I supposed to think that Spencer asking Sonny for a hit is cute?  Because he's really not.  And why does he have a chauffeur?  The kid needs to be in camp or daycare.

Not cute. Hilarious!

Poor Chandler. What is that poor bastard thinking.

Does Carly git how it looks for Joss that Carly is staying with the man who deported her father? If she gives Joss the option of staying in her house with Bobbie she doesn't look like as much of an asshole, but if she tells her she has to go to Sonny's house, Joss should run.

I liked the dress stuff with Olivia. Olivia is best when she's in town aunt mode, not up in Julian's face mode.

Oh, someone brought up Avery's custody. Let me go bang my head against the wall.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I'm surprised that they brought up Jason/Sam getting a nanny and that they referenced Danny's kidnapping when discussing it.  It's not incredibly impressive, it was during FV's tenure, but I'm trying to match my expectations to their capacities

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

SER-I-OUS-LY!  Are Laura and Kevin going to spend all summer with or talking about this little snot?  I can't.

And could he please just start calling Valentin by his name instead of "the monster" or "the thief" or whatever? 

• Love 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And why does he [Spencer] have a chauffeur?  The kid needs to be in camp or daycare.

And if Valentin has all the Cassadine cash, who is paying for this chauffeur?  I can't imagine Laura managed to sock away too much during her wig on a stick years.

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And could he please just start calling Valentin by his name instead of "the monster" or "the thief" or whatever? 

Given he's a former Phantom of the Opera, perhaps Spencer would have more sympathy if someone showed him a picture from Valentin's Hunchback of Notre Dame days? 

Relatedly, where has Anna disappeared to?  Is FH on a break?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Umm, near the end (?), around the second-last block of commercials?  It was the last commercial before the show came back on. 

I think it should have had subtitles, "It's coming from inside the house", or "Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water".  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And if Valentin has all the Cassadine cash, who is paying for this chauffeur?

Spencer or Laura mentioned a trust Nik set up for Spencer which isn't part of the Cassadine estate.  It's been mentioned before (when justifying Laura affording boarding school for Spencer).

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Apparently they are, at Kelly's or on that bench in the park or they might even mix it up and go to The Floating Rib. I get a feeling we won't ever see Kevin's house.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OnceSane said:
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And if Valentin has all the Cassadine cash, who is paying for this chauffeur?

Spencer or Laura mentioned a trust Nik set up for Spencer which isn't part of the Cassadine estate.  It's been mentioned before (when justifying Laura affording boarding school for Spencer).

It also gives an extra set of eyes from a (supposed) trusted adult who knows him, rather than some random person, to keep tabs on him.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Am I supposed to think that Spencer asking Sonny for a hit is cute?

Sonny did offer to Dante to make him go away, but  Dante's Moral Compass didn't waver toward that. However, since Sonny is "getting out of the business" (stop laughing, he's quite serious this time!) Spencer may not get his wish.

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny is a despicable troll barging into Ava 's room--again--to bully her.  How the show thinks this is acceptable is pathetic.

Deleted scene: After he leaves  Ava's room, he strolls up to Victor Newman, who is holding Sonny's beer, picks up his beer, and, with his gassy grin, mumbles, "I guess that tops tossing her out of a moving ambulance."

14 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Joss is 14 years old, she is old enough to hire her dad's best friend, Alexis, and petition the court to be emancipated from Carly on the grounds that Carly's life choices are endangering her life.

I'd like it, but Alexis (and Diane) would just pooh-pooh her into going back to her mother, and Carly (and Bobbie) would be outraged to keep Joss grounded.

Her best bet right now is just to move to Australia with her father.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

@TeeVee329 I think Finola is on a break. She usually is in the summer.

I figured.  Although normally, they usually announce a reason for Anna to be out of town.  I believe last year she went to visit Robin.  Or maybe they did and I missed it?

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Poor Chandler. What is that poor bastard thinking.

Clearly a second job chauffeuring Spencer is the only way to make enough money fast enough to get him out of the dire financial straits he has to be in to do this in the first place.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

liked the dress stuff with Olivia. Olivia is best when she's in town aunt mode, not up in Julian's face mode.

I thought LiLoC kind of overdid things, but I definitely agree that Olivia is at her worst when she's haranguing Julian.

6 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:
14 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I'd like it, but Alexis (and Diane) would just pooh-pooh her into going back to her mother, and Carly (and Bobbie) would be outraged to keep Joss grounded.

Her best bet right now is just to move to Australia with her father.

Not that reality ever enters the GH world, especially with legal issues, but don't emancipated minors have to show they can financially support themselves? And wouldn't Joss have to emancipate herself from both Carly and Jax, as they share custody? Joss should just move to Australia with Jax, but that would take her offscreen, and we have to see her grovel to Sonny and apologize for hating him before than will happen.

• Love 2
(edited)

Spencer wouldn't try these revenge schemes if he didn't think he had a chance of getting away with it. Instead of rolling their eyes at his cuteness, Laura and Kevin need to grow some backbone and involve themselves in Spencer's ethics training, or religious practices/beliefs, if he has any. His proposal to Sonny should alert everyone that if Spencer doesn't get some ethical/spiritual counseling fast, he will be on his way to living like Sonny, believing in instant revenge on perceived "enemies" instead of using the law, negotiations, or other avenues to solve his current and future (adult) problems.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, but still, the kid doesn't need a chauffeur.  Save some pennies for later, Laura.

Chandler used to work for NIkolas.  With Valentin now in jail, maybe the chauffeur needs a job so Laura's actually doing him a favour.  

The thing with Sam -- to Show's credit, they had it expressed in dialogue yesterday by Borg-Boy: Vista Edition (now with awkward smiles!) -- is not that the concerns she's having are unreasonable; they just don't make any sense coming from her. Let's face it, if she had been this much of a worrier all along, she never would have ended up in that marriage. The relationship would have come to a halt years ago, and Carly would have put the punctuation mark on it by gloating that Sam proved she couldn't handle who Jason is.  

Also, it isn't just the things she's saying, she's also acting like a twitchy panicked loon and biting off everyone's head, and that too is out of character. So I do see why everyone's giving her weird looks and going immediately to the "Something's wrong with Sam" response. They don't even know about the hallucinations yet.  

I liked both of the teen/young adult Michaels, Drew Garrett and Chad Duell. Garrett's version was written and acted more like the person I thought the Red Menace would grow up to be, but Duell played the version that went to prison and suffered terrible trauma there, so Duell's mellower, more cautious version does make some sense to me. 

That's interesting about Duell being self-conscious about his pale skin. It didn't inhibit Chad Brannon or Rick Hearst. Those are two I remember as not looking great undressed under harsh daytime-TV lighting. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who think everyone should tan.) 

I don't really have a problem with Duell in love stories. I haven't liked any of his previous pairings, though, including Abby. I agree that Nelle could be the best of them. I would like both characters to have some edge, though.  If something could happen to get them pissed off at his family, and make them stay that way for a while, it would have promise.    

The budget woes are even keeping them from putting Sonny in a shirt that fits him? The one he was wearing on Wednesday's show was either a size too small or he's gained weight since it fit well. It was gaping at the buttons all up and down. Closing the blazer would have been a big improvement all by itself...assuming that was well fitted.  

I didn't actually have a problem with Spencer ordering a hit, because I don't think they wanted us to think it was cute this time. He was cold-blooded.  

Unpopular: I just don't see much of anything between Kevin and Laura, other than "unattached older vets; throw them together." If they did not have Spencer (or, before that, Charlotte/Lulu) as a focusing project, I'd rather not imagine how boring they would be.  

Speaking of vets, I hope Bobbie fans are enjoying all her screen time lately. I wish I could.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I didn't actually have a problem with Spencer ordering a hit, because I don't think they wanted us to think it was cute this time. He was cold-blooded.  

Oh, I definitely think we were supposed to find Spencer adorable for ordering a hit: "Oh, look at that rascal Spencer! Asking his thug Uncle Sonny to kill Valentin for him!" The vast majority of Spencer's antics have always been played for laughs. He's so precocious! He's so dramatic!

The foundation simply isn't there for me to take this seriously. This isn't at all the same as Red Menace Michael ordering hits.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Unpopular: I just don't see much of anything between Kevin and Laura, other than "unattached older vets; throw them together." If they did not have Spencer (or, before that, Charlotte/Lulu) as a focusing project, I'd rather not imagine how boring they would be.

I still think the obvious story for Kevin and Laura now that they're a couple - one that's staring the writers in the faces - is doing something with him being a doctor at GH and Laura being on the board bringing them into conflict.

Also, in my dreams, given how much time has been given over to crises in Laura's family, I still really want some kind of situation with Serena/Christina to crop up that leads to Kevin spending more time with Lucy and maybe Laura gets a little jelly about it.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, I definitely think we were supposed to find Spencer adorable for ordering a hit: "Oh, look at that rascal Spencer! Asking his thug Uncle Sonny to kill Valentin for him!"

Meanwhile, I "can't wait" to hear what hypocritical thing Sonny has to say in response today.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think Kevin and Laura make much sense either and I never have. They're nice people and I guess they have passable chemistry, but two characters with such rich individual history never deal in it or anything substantive - they just deal with other family problems. They're together because Laura needs a man and Jon Lindstrom is recurring and not expensive. That's it.

If they want me to buy Kevin and Laura they'd need to have actual conversations about who they are and why they're together now, vs. their past lives with Lucy and Luke - how this relates to back then, to those age-old supercouples. To their histories with their families, Laura with Scott, Luke, her various traumas, Kevin with Ryan, Grace, his mother. None of that is discussed. It's just 'put the two vets together to placate Genie.' I just don't buy it. As it stands now I only buy it as them marking time because they like each other, and because Luke is gone and Kevin can't forgive Lucy. If they wanted to invest real time in this stuff I might give it a second look. I do like them both a lot, I always have. But they coexisted in Port Charles for years as separate parts of two of its biggest couples, with deep drama. None of that is ever discussed. It's like it's down a memory hole. Doesn't make sense.

As for Sam: I thought Ron Carlivati and FV kind of half-assedly backed into Sam changing her mind about the mob life when she had Danny, and then when Jason died on that pier in 2012. To me that was when shit changed for her, and I bought it. I still do. Those are organic reasons. But have she and Jason ever discussed it, no, not really.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

They used to sort of discuss it in the days when Sam was paired with other people (Silas, Patrick) but even then they would largely dance around it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Sonny did offer to Dante to make him go away, but  Dante's Moral Compass didn't waver toward that.

It was mostly his Sonny Makes a Shitfest Out of Everything Compass.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, rags said:

Joss is 14? Wasn't Emma born before Joss?  I know, it's a soap opera.

Yes, she was.  Even better, Joss was a baby in a crib when she was (supposedly) donated body parts by then-toddler not-dead Jake.

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, rags said:

Joss is 14? Wasn't Emma born before Joss?  I know, it's a soap opera.

Don't try to find any logic when it comes to SORASing it just hurts your brain. :)  When Jake "died" and donated his kidney to Joss, he was 4 years old and she was a baby.  Now that Jake has returned from the dead, he is 9 years old and Joss has been SORASed to being a teenager.  

• Love 2