Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The mob stuff is so stupid. It's absolutely predictable and boring. Sonny always wins.

That's what's unforgivable.  Although making the moral lead of the show a mob boss would be bad enough.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's just so stupid that we're missing a giant chunk of this story, namely, Sam and Jason actually sitting down and talking about where they are in their life together: He's back from the dead. They have a new baby. They have Danny, who didn't know his father until he returned from the dead. It wouldn't be weird for them to figure out what they want their life to be now. It's not unreasonable to want a different kind of life from what they had. But we don't get any of that done in a serious way. Instead we get teary, crazy-wimmins Sam having hallucinations of Sonny (hilariously, tbh) taunting her that Jason will never leave him.

Didn't JaSam discuss life changes a couple of months ago when they were contemplating moving out of Port Charles? I don't know if they resolved it or just left it hanging and undecided. But one of them had a smaller town picked out I think. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam and Jason actually sitting down and talking about where they are in their life together: He's back from the dead. They have a new baby. They have Danny, who didn't know his father until he returned from the dead. It wouldn't be weird for them to figure out what they want their life to be now. It's not unreasonable to want a different kind of life from what they had. 

Absolutely. Sam's behavior would make more sense if it started not so recently.  Jason risked his life to save pregnant Robin from Olivia Jerome's bomb in the hospital elevator immediately after Scout's birth.  Frantic Sam handed the baby to Epiphany and was all set to go running back into the evacuated hospital to save her husband. The storyline should have started with that moment.  Knowing that Jason's first child was targeted*, and that Helena's messed with both Jason and Jake's minds (to the point that other children were around the chimera at the Nurse's Ball), she should be concerned for her own children being around Jake (he could unknowingly pose a threat still).  In addition to hallucinations of Sonny bragging that Jason belongs to him, she should be having nightmares/visions of  something like Jake showing an unloaded gun of Jason's to Danny (because Jason's never talked to him about guns being dangerous), and flashbacks of herself diving into the harbor after SBu's Jason final scene of being shot , then going into the harbor.  All of her fears are related to Jason's more or less casual attitude about putting himself in danger, which he started doing a long time ago for Sonny.

*While Jason went after the magic set delivery man to protect Jake, not for Sonny, Jason has a ton of experience going after "bad/dangerous guys" because he worked for Sonny,

• Love 6

its getting boring hearing about this Thomas guy we never met. im waiting for someone to yell STELLA!

does michael ever wear jeans? 

these puerto rico scenes are dumb. Some random guy shows up waving a gun at sonny and theres jason to the rescue. Why cant sonny rescue himself?  the lighting was so dark.

i dont have children but is it that common for teens to throw a party when there parents are out of town? i see this on every tv show.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, jsbt said:

I thought Bechtel did an okay job for the approximately ten seconds he was allowed to realistically emote before they turned the scene back into camp and Spencer making Plans.  If they would stop doing that it might help the character and we'd see if the kid can sustain it.

I think he probably could sustain it, but the show isn't really interested in Spencer as anything but comic relief. Which is too bad, because Spencer has a legit reason to be worried about things. I don't ever want him to be an A story (or even a B), but as an adjunct to the Charlotte stuff, it works for me. I just wish they'd stop making him 8 (or however old he's supposed to be right now) going on 35.

2 hours ago, lor said:

i dont have children but is it that common for teens to throw a party when there parents are out of town? i see this on every tv show.

It's a rite of passage. The teen parties on TV are usually pretty exaggerated, but the idea isn't unusual at all.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, lor said:

I dont have children but is it that common for teens to throw a party when there parents are out of town? i see this on every tv show.

Joss's friend has pushed her into the danger zone with this impromptu party scene, complete with hot tub antics and liquor. Ah, peer pressure. It was amusing how she brought Oscar to the party to keep Joss occupied while the gang exploited the perks of Carly's place. If Joss and Oscar don't remove all the party evidence, Bobbie and Carly are in for a shock.  Jax, Carly, and Bobbie all seem completely clueless about coping with Joss as a teenager. They think she's still just mad for horses.  

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 2

Yeah, but Joss is also drinking.  With one, second-hand kidney.  I'll bet they're leading up to a medical emergency.

Speaking of Oscar, he was pretty ordinary -- not the boy band type that they should have cast to get the pre-teen girl audience.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Joss is also drinking.  With one, second-hand kidney.  I'll bet they're leading up to a medical emergency.

I'm kind of surprised Nelle hasn't had a kidney-related emergency. (I know the mugging affected her kidney, but that was something done to her rather than happening more organically.) To me that seems a better way to make her sympathetic to Carly and Bobbie. 

But then, Sonny can drink with abandon and be on bipolar meds with no ill effect, so it's not as if veracity is important.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Speaking of Oscar, he was pretty ordinary -- not the boy band type that they should have cast to get the pre-teen girl audience.

That floppy hair said boy band to me, but it's entirely possible I'm out of touch with what the boy-band look is these days. Heh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Any Jason/Sam conversation about being safe is going to be ridiculous simply because everything the both of them have done right up until even now indicates that neither are willing to giving up anything to be safe. BOTH actively court dangerous situations and BOTH have chosen again and again, WITH CHILDREN, to maintain their lives firmly attached to Mob Central. Just a short while ago they were both hustling around town verbally threatening people with Sonnyviolence for cooperation for the sole purpose of proving Sonny's innocence. Sonny didn't even ASK them to do this, it was something, per usual, they jumped into headfirst.  So with a decade plus under their belts of choosing to be in a violent and high risk lifestyle, any mewling about being safe is a JOKE when they have not had ONE single honest conversation about WHY their CHOICES have brought them to this point.  The closest was that 'on the run' nonsense in which both VERY carefully skirted around their individual and mutual culpability.  It's a complete wash when neither is willing to be honest. It is always someone else's fault and now they're 'trapped'. They aren't trapped, not even a little bit.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Vella said:

It's a complete wash when neither is willing to be honest. It is always someone else's fault and now they're 'trapped'. They aren't trapped, not even a little bit.

But Sam can't say she is a victim unless she feels she/Jason/the kids are "trapped."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That floppy hair said boy band to me, but it's entirely possible I'm out of touch with what the boy-band look is these days. Heh.

I think his look/vibe felt very 'edgy member of boy band'. I expected Joss to get a bad boy love interest that would somehow make her forgive Sonny. I still think he could turn out to be a bad boy though.

As for teens throwing parties when their parents aren't home, hell, where I am teens throw parties when their parents are home, so it never strikes me as fake when it happens on TV.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think he could turn out to be a bad boy though.

Right now, Oscar is outblanding Michael.  Never thought that was possible.

• Love 1
(edited)

Catching up on Friday...I dunno how to feel about how they wrote Monica in those scenes with Sam.  I guess, on one hand, you could say that she's resigned herself, after years of this shit, to Jason/her family never truly being free of Sonny.  But I feel like, if Sam expressed these feelings about feeling trapped in Sonny's shadow, that Monica would be super pro that position and not defending of Sonny/that relationship at all, given Sonny MURDERED HER SON.

Does this Sam story also mean we're in for double Sonny, between her hallucinations and the regular annoying one?

And speaking of, ending the week with another Sonny/Carly almost-kiss?  Girl, please.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Vella said:

Any Jason/Sam conversation about being safe is going to be ridiculous simply because everything the both of them have done right up until even now indicates that neither are willing to giving up anything to be safe. BOTH actively court dangerous situations and BOTH have chosen again and again, WITH CHILDREN, to maintain their lives firmly attached to Mob Central. Just a short while ago they were both hustling around town verbally threatening people with Sonnyviolence for cooperation for the sole purpose of proving Sonny's innocence. Sonny didn't even ASK them to do this, it was something, per usual, they jumped into headfirst.  So with a decade plus under their belts of choosing to be in a violent and high risk lifestyle, any mewling about being safe is a JOKE when they have not had ONE single honest conversation about WHY their CHOICES have brought them to this point.  The closest was that 'on the run' nonsense in which both VERY carefully skirted around their individual and mutual culpability.  It's a complete wash when neither is willing to be honest. It is always someone else's fault and now they're 'trapped'. They aren't trapped, not even a little bit.

It's the writers who trapped themselves here.  I see this as the writers go-to maneuver of constantly trashing the character of Liz coming back to bite them in the butt - they purposefully made Sam into Jason's "Ride or Die Chick" so she could be shown to be his One True Love and Forever Soulmate who Understood Him On A Deep Level and all that bullshit.  Unlike that prissy Liz, who actually had concerns that Jason's thuggishness and mob lifestyle might have bad effects on her children, what a square!*  Clearly not good enough for Jason at all.  Jasam having an honest conversation about "being safe" would mean that, at same level, both they and the writers would have to admit that Liz was right, and we can't have that.

* - Note how the writers made sure that Liz would have no standing to weigh in on this issue, first by trashing her with the idiot Big Lie story, then by trashing her by making her Franco's Ride or Die Chick.  Nobody must be allowed to be in a position to make a legitimate point against Jasam on this show ever.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

It's the writers who trapped themselves here.  I see this as the writers go-to maneuver of constantly trashing the character of Liz coming back to bite them in the butt - they purposefully made Sam into Jason's "Ride or Die Chick" so she could be shown to be his One True Love and Forever Soulmate who Understood Him On A Deep Level and all that bullshit.  Unlike that prissy Liz, who actually had concerns that Jason's thuggishness and mob lifestyle might have bad effects on her children, what a square!*  Clearly not good enough for Jason at all.  Jasam having an honest conversation about "being safe" would mean that, at same level, both they and the writers would have to admit that Liz was right, and we can't have that.

* - Note how the writers made sure that Liz would have no standing to weigh in on this issue, first by trashing her with the idiot Big Lie story, then by trashing her by making her Franco's Ride or Die Chick.  Nobody must be allowed to be in a position to make a legitimate point against Jasam on this show ever.

pre-RC Liz was totally willing to be in a relationship with Jason despite his "thuggishness and mob lifestyle". When they almost started dating in 2002(?) - she walked away because he didn't tell her that Sonny faked his death, not because someone close to Jason had been violently murdered.  Same thing with the Jake pregnancy - She would have married him the first 2 times he asked if he hadn't asked her just because she was pregnant. It wasn't his lifestyle that held her back, it was his feelings. When Michael was shot? Jason backed away, not Liz.  

She only backed away "because of the danger" after she and her children were involved in a shoot-out and one of her children was kidnapped by the Russian mob. And I'm pretty sure she was still pissed at Jason for pushing her away afterwards. It wasn't that Liz kept insisting that Jason choose a different life - Guza never presented that as an option. Guza always presented it as Liz couldn't "handle" Jason's life, but it was essentially a question of whether Liz and Jason wanted the same life.  They didn't; Jason and Sam did. At least they did before he died, she had a child, and he came back from the dead. 

dubbel zout is right, it is ridiculous that they still haven't had a conversation about whether and/or how that changes what they want. IT IS STUPID AND ANTI-SOAP but I don't think it's about Liz.  It's just seems to be par for the course with FV/Jelly

I actually don't know whether Guza would've given Jason children after he killed off Jake but I don't think he would've given him children without also giving him consequences. Guza lurved Jasus but he wrote soap.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Guza was going to give Jasam a kid way before they finally got Danny. It got pushed back because Becky got pregnant with her third kid.

Sam isn't really waffling about the danger and changing Jason when he has said to her and Sonny countless times that he doesn't want that life anymore. He was shot and kept by Helena for years away from his wife and kid. He doesn't want to miss anymore time with them. He was the one wanting to move out of town during that Morgan shit. He gets job offers and shoots them down. No wonder Sam is confused. Just what the fuck does he want.

Sam still was in danger without Jason when he died. Her foster kid gave her baby away to a crazy Heather and then the poor child had to watch her get molested by a vampire. Then add crazy Nina making people think he had cancer again. Danny is the kid that should be seeing a shrink. Too much has happened to him in his short life.

Once Sam is healed from whatever disease they give her, I wish that they would start up her PI business again to give her, Jason and Curtis something to do.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think he would've given him children without also giving him consequences. Guza lurved Jasus but he wrote soap.

He already did, for years and years with Michael. A child Jason stole. Guza spent a decade exalting the ways Jason was the best at EVERYTHING, including parenthood. There were no consequences of any kind.  Guza would never write consequences because Guza would never even THINK to suggest Jason was anything other than perfect.  Any choices Jason made were noble and heroic.  To have a character call out Jason would be the easiest way to label a character as EVIL.  What happens now is just more of the same, a continuation of what has been going on for years.

Jason doesn't do anything wrong. Living off mob blood money is okay. Threatening people is okay, especially when you're clearing the local mobster's name. Shooting people and then celebrating afterwards is okay because that guy was bad and let's forget about the fact he went after Sonny because Sonny murdered his brother.  There's no stress, no conflict, no nothing.  Jason's feet are never held to the fire, he's never put in an uncomfortable position of actually coming to grips with the choices HE made because the show is never going to suggest Jason or Sam or the mob is in the wrong.  This is exactly the sort of thing Guza would write if he were here. Guza was never a soap writer, he was a sledgehammer determined to put his embarrassing mob opus on screen.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, ciarra said:

With one, second-hand kidney.  I'll bet they're leading up to a medical emergency.

I bet they've forgotten that Joss only has one second hand kidney.  

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Vella said:

He already did, for years and years with Michael. A child Jason stole. Guza spent a decade exalting the ways Jason was the best at EVERYTHING, including parenthood. There were no consequences of any kind. 

Totally disagree. Michael was a nightmare of a child. He took violence so for granted that he was trying to order hits on people as a preteen - and that was not presented as cute or normal or okay. He was shot in the head because Jason put him in harm's way. He's functional but he has brain damage. The kid murdered someone and went to jail instead of high school because Jason stole him.  

Michael's life was the reason Jason claimed he was willing to stay away from Jake. Guza's Jasus boner meant that he tried to push as much liability onto Sonny as he could, but Jason was still the "but for" cause in the gap between what Michael could have been and what he was instead.

The fact that none of his own children have suffered any consequence at all is ridiculous.

The little bit of good that Michael has in his life right now is because of AJ, not Jason. AKA the best thing RC did while HW - which he and FV, of course, immediately ruined by treating GH as a means to an end.

Guza was never a soap writer, he was a sledgehammer determined to put his embarrassing mob opus on screen.

Gonna disagree here too. Guza's mob focus was tedious and embarrassing but he was a soap writer. When he had a good EP he did some great work, and even with the excesses permitted/encouraged by JFP, he still wrote relationships and families and umbrella stories and drama. He was much, much better than both RC and JP/SA (low bar, I know) at plotting out long-term story arcs and developing new characters.  Of course, he also had the benefit of a much better group of breakdown/script writers and a casting director who was allowed to do his job. Guza did a lot of bad, crappy things with/to GH but that doesn't negate the good

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Unlike that prissy Liz, who actually had concerns that Jason's thuggishness and mob lifestyle might have bad effects on her children, what a square!*  Clearly not good enough for Jason at all.  Jasam having an honest conversation about "being safe" would mean that, at same level, both they and the writers would have to admit that Liz was right, and we can't have that.

Just out of curiosity, 'cause I'm blanking, did Jason ever tell Liz that he just merely loved Sam more than her? Or was it always the "You can't handle this life!" bit?

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

I bet they've forgotten that Joss only has one second hand kidney.  

Well, Michael and Nelly did Stanvil about Nelle drinking green tea, and Michael said they had to be careful with Joss.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Just out of curiosity, 'cause I'm blanking, did Jason ever tell Liz that he just merely loved Sam more than her? Or was it always the "You can't handle this life!" bit?

I don't think so.  I don't think he has ever explicitly compared them. He just tried to keep Liz out of it - he wouldn't tell her what he was doing and didn't want her coming to his office so she and Jake wouldn't be endangered by being connected to him.

He made some comment about giving up his happiness and marrying her in one of the early proposals, so I assume he didn't love her then, but the last time he proposed, he did love her and he said so.

I think the only time Jason compared Sam/Liz/Carly was during his brain surgery dream, and that was more about the life he wanted and what he thought they wanted

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Joss's friend has pushed her into the danger zone with this impromptu party scene, complete with hot tub antics and liquor. Ah, peer pressure. It was amusing how she brought Oscar to the party to keep Joss occupied while the gang exploited the perks of Carly's place. If Joss and Oscar don't remove all the party evidence, Bobbie and Carly are in for a shock.  Jax, Carly, and Bobbie all seem completely clueless about coping with Joss as a teenager. They think she's still just mad for horses.  

It's also an excuse to push her from the high moral ground against Sonny. Remember when Sonny came back to Carly and groveled for forgiveness, and then discovered she slept with Jax, and that excused getting Jax deported and sleeping with Carly's lawyer (and not saying anything about it)? Same effect. Joss has a wild teenager party, so Carly is right for taking back Sonny despite Sonny deporting Jax (so shut up, stupid teenage girl).

Side note: On Thursday, both Spencer and Stella had meltdown tantrums in public, but Laura handled Spencer's better. Maybe it's because Stella is an adult of adult age, and Jordan & Curtis handle her with kid gloves, but they needed to have a bit of Laura handling there, and I wish Jordan gave Stella a Laura-level admonishment about being disrespected in her (Jordan's) house. Nonetheless, you take a toddler out of public view, and it had to be Curtis to *finally* bring Stella into the interrogation room.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

No.  Jason has been in love with Carly, Robin, Elizabeth, Courtney and Sam at different times, but his main squeeze will always be the greasy mumbling Sonny.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Darklazr said:

No.  Jason has been in love with Michael-the-Red-Menace Carly, Robin, Elizabeth, Courtney and Sam at different times, but his main squeeze will always be the greasy mumbling Sonny.

Fixed that for you.

• Love 4

Seriously, how many more times are we going to have to sit through Sonny and Carly having this exact same conversation?  And I'm sooo suuure Sonny's going to leave the business.

I still kinda like Rebecca Budig and Curtis' friendship, but it needs to be a little less one-sided.  Why couldn't he have confided in her about his troubles with Aunt Stella?

Even though Ava said she wouldn't rat him out today, I'm still scared that Scotty is going to be the only one to suffer a consequence for the mess with Morgan's pills.

Bobbie's appearance to break up Joss' swinging teen party just made me wonder where she's supposed to be living if not at Carly's house.

In addition to being boring and not hot, Michael and Nelle's doing it today was weirdly paced/placed within the episode.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bobbie's appearance to break up Joss' swinging teen party just made me wonder where she's supposed to be living if not at Carly's house.

I'm pretty sure she still lives there, but conveniently she was working a later shift.

Did they have to pack so many things in today's episode? It made it hard for me to focus as we bounced between scenes. 

It drives me crazy how Alexis takes on this weary attitude every time she talks to Julian. He's not holding a knife to your throat this time, honey, you can walk away at any point. She says she's not letting him in, yet she continues to talk to him and enable his creepy obsession with her.

I'm honestly shocked they remembered Kiki's real name. It's nice to see her supporting her mom. But Ava's scenes make me sad, I'm ready for her to regain hope and confidence.

I was amused by Hayden clutching Sophie the Giraffe through her conversation with Curtis. My nephew had one of those and loved it. Let me guess, Finn is going to take Hayden's out of context comment and act like an asshole because of it, because that's how he rolls.

The only thing I have to say about the Michael/Nelle sex is that while CD is handsome, Michael seems weirdly sexless to me, like a Ken doll who is just molded plastic underneath his pants. I'm hoping we won't have to see them having sex again, because it was awkward.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Let me guess, Finn is going to take Hayden's out of context comment and act like an asshole because of it, because that's how he rolls.

That'd be very John McBain of him.

• Love 2

"Here we are again. Together." LOL. Julian acts as if bumping into Alexis at Kelly's—of all the places in all the world!—is fate or something. 

20 minutes ago, Linny said:

The only thing I have to say about the Michael/Nelle sex is that while CD is handsome, Michael seems weirdly sexless to me, like a Ken doll who is just molded plastic underneath his pants. I'm hoping we won't have to see them having sex again, because it was awkward.

If they really want him to be a male lead, someone has to take him aside and coach him a bit on love scenes. All I see is awkward, and at this point in Michael's life, that shouldn't be the case.

• Love 5

I will never forget KA Kiki's tepid "That was nice" after the first time they Did It, especially because their tru wuv sex was played against Morgan and Ava's actually hot Doing It.

• Love 6

I just voted for Sonny for the Previouslies Award for "Why Isn't He/She In Jail For This?" Suspension Of Disbelief Award".  Sonny and Victor Newman were the only two soap characters to make the semi-finals.  Our boy Sonny was the only one to make it to the finals.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Well it was sort of hot when he started kissing her stomach and pulling at her pants, but that was interrupted when he started stripping.

On another note, Bobbie's candy-apple red hair is so garish, but at least it isn't purple or blue or green on the ends. I wonder if she has any tattoos?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I will never forget KA Kiki's tepid "That was nice" after the first time they Did It, especially because their tru wuv sex was played against Morgan and Ava's actually hot Doing It.

And this is the second time Michael's sex scene has been in the same episode as Carly having one. Weird.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously, how many more times are we going to have to sit through Sonny and Carly having this exact same conversation?  And I'm sooo suuure Sonny's going to leave the business.

CarSon sex was so clinical today, as always. Ava and Sonny sex in the crypt was much hotter, especially when Ava was slipping down slowly to her knees while fingering his belt.  Maybe Sonny will leave the mob and become the mixologist at the Metro? </sarcasm>

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I just voted for Sonny for the Previouslies Award for "Why Isn't He/She In Jail For This?" Suspension Of Disbelief Award".  Sonny and Victor Newman were the only two soap characters to make the semi-finals.  Our boy Sonny was the only one to make it to the finals.  

Is it wrong that I actually screamed with delight and did a happy dance when I saw Sonny made it to the finals? Casting my vote this morning for Sonny in the "Why Isn't He/She In Jail For This" Suspension Of Disbelief Award" was more exciting than any vote for any thing I've ever cast in my life. And I never thought I would say these words about Sonny, but I really hope he wins.

Don't forget to vote! There is nobody more deserving than Sonny when it comes to this one!

On topic, lather rinse repeat with Carly and Sonny. I thought she was supposed to have a backbone?

And of course Joss missed an empty wine cooler bottle. Sigh, why do I get the feeling Sonny is going to tell Carly to go easy on Joss?

I really hate Sonny.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tveyeonyou said:

And of course Joss missed an empty wine cooler bottle.

I'm annoyed Bobbie folded so easily. She had an excellent point when she told Joss she (Joss) was SEVEN YEARS too young to be drinking. Gross. And what about drinking and driving? Bring the hammer down, Bobbie!

• Love 3

The best part of this episode was Alexis' banana split.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Why were Hayden and Curtis hanging out in the Q mansion?  Then Finn shows up.  Are Finn and Hayden living with the Qs?  Why?  

I was wondering about that, too. And they were treating it like it was nothing/like we should understand why they were all there, which made the whole thing weirder because no it doesn't make sense, writers.

• Love 3

I thought Hayden moved into the Q's during her medical crisis?  When she had sepsis for a day, then was back to work the next.  I thought Finn pleaded with  Tracy to give Hayden a place to stay?  AFAIK, wasn't Finn still at the Metro Court?  He was for his detox.  It's a good thing the Metro Court only has one room, because the noise probably would have disturbed any nearby rooms.

• Love 1

I liked Alexis' line that having too much sugar doesn't keep her from being able to operate heavy machinery (i.e. drive home).

I didn't like how there is rarely a connection to history among the Sonny supporters.  Instead of Bobbie telling Joss repeatedly that what she did was wrong while Joss says that she just wanted to have a good time for a bit between her mother and Sonny and Morgan and everything else bad in her life (I notice she didn't mention the loss of Jax in that list), Bobbie should have said "Look, I know what you're going through.  I was like that once.  But it's not a good road to go down, take it from me.  Let's see how we can make things better for you without the illegal drinking."

18 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Once Sam is healed from whatever disease they give her, I wish that they would start up her PI business again to give her, Jason and Curtis something to do.

Sam and Curtis maybe.  It's too much of a step down for Jason from working for Sonny.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

pre-RC Liz was totally willing to be in a relationship with Jason despite his "thuggishness and mob lifestyle". When they almost started dating in 2002(?) - she walked away because he didn't tell her that Sonny faked his death, not because someone close to Jason had been violently murdered.  Same thing with the Jake pregnancy - She would have married him the first 2 times he asked if he hadn't asked her just because she was pregnant. It wasn't his lifestyle that held her back, it was his feelings. When Michael was shot? Jason backed away, not Liz.  

She only backed away "because of the danger" after she and her children were involved in a shoot-out and one of her children was kidnapped by the Russian mob. And I'm pretty sure she was still pissed at Jason for pushing her away afterwards. It wasn't that Liz kept insisting that Jason choose a different life - Guza never presented that as an option. Guza always presented it as Liz couldn't "handle" Jason's life, but it was essentially a question of whether Liz and Jason wanted the same life.  They didn't; Jason and Sam did. At least they did before he died, she had a child, and he came back from the dead. 

I remember inconsistent writing for Liz re:Jason, while she was pregnant with Jake and when he was a baby. She turned Jason down when he said they could get married, giving the reasons that she loved Lucky and he loved Sam.  When Michael was about to have brain surgery, Liz looked down and saw Cam in his place for a moment. Then she and Jason agreed to a secret relationship. I remember her telling baby Jake something like "Jason loves you, but his life is just too dangerous' (soon after she saw a shoot-out).  She also told Robin at one point that she would have been in a relationship with Jason ages ago,  but his life wasn't safe for her kid(s).  She's also told Jason he would be a great father. Basically, she wanted Jason in a fantasy safe family life with her (no guns, no S&C, no Sam).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Hayden moved into the Q's during her medical crisis?  When she had sepsis for a day, then was back to work the next.  I thought Finn pleaded with  Tracy to give Hayden a place to stay?  AFAIK, wasn't Finn still at the Metro Court?  He was for his detox.  It's a good thing the Metro Court only has one room, because the noise probably would have disturbed any nearby rooms.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca Budig hasn't lived at the Q's since she got better.  I believe she and Dr. Michael Easton are sharing that room at the Metro Court right now, but I remember there was some dumb scene where he said he had just bought a house and wanted her to come with.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Totally disagree. Michael was a nightmare of a child. He took violence so for granted that he was trying to order hits on people as a preteen - and that was not presented as cute or normal or okay. He was shot in the head because Jason put him in harm's way. He's functional but he has brain damage. The kid murdered someone and went to jail instead of high school because Jason stole him.  

This is something viewers might feel, not at all what we saw portrayed on screen. Even when AJ made his brief return a couple of years ago, there was NO mention of Jason stealing Michael. It has never been suggested that Jason was anything other than a beacon of good in Michael's life. Any of Michael's flaws are marginally put on S&C, mostly Sonny but never on Jason. Michael has never questioned Jason or what he did or how Michael's life was horrible in so many ways because of Jason's selfishness.

Nobody on this show laments who Michael could have been while in the same breath detracting what Jason did because nobody blames Jason for what he did. Anytime there is talk of Jason/Michael it is almost always how Michael is just like Jason and gets his best qualities from Jason. Nobody, not even Monica looks at Michael and tells him how much he reminds them of AJ, because AJ is just one of many dirty words on this show.

And Guza will always, by a long and wide margin be the worst writer to ever pen GH.  He got a GOOD show and turned it to trash in a breathtakingly fast amount of time, often discarding decades of history to satisfy his infantile scribbling.  Friendships? Gone. Families? Gone. The list goes on because it really all stopped with him.  Everyone else who followed in writing did very little but then, they were given an AWFUL show with ashes to build from.

So what is going on with Jason right now? Is pretty much on target with what Guza would have done.  Jason is a good man, doing good things and being honorable all the time. He is loved and respected and admired by all and anyone who feels differently is a terrible person or simply misguided and will soon get on board the party line.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If that's Finn's house, it looks amazingly like the Q mansion. Does Monica know her house is gone? Hee.

Oh no, that's not Finn's house.  There was just a mention in dialogue that he bought/is buying a house for him and Rebecca Budig.  My point was that Rebecca Budig, to my knowledge, is not living at the Q's and it is bizarre she's sitting around entertaining guests there.  Why couldn't those scenes have taken place at Dunkin' Corinthos or Kelly's?

• Love 3