Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2017 at 9:56 PM, LexieLily said:

Anna was out of line to call Lulu judgmental and bring up Luke, and give her the side-eye and insinuate she wasn't thinking of Charlotte.

Yeah, what the Hell was that?  Anna throwing shade at Luke was kind of strange, seeing as how they used to sleep together not so long ago.  And Anna cries more than any elite super-spy I've ever seen.

• Love 4

Wait. How old is Amy supposed to be? Maxie/Lulu/Dillon set should be in their later 20s. Maxie has a toddler. Hell, Lulu somehow has a 10 yr kid. Dillon has been in the film industry. Amy 2.0 is supposed to be that age now? Or is she a new nurse who is a roomie with a 21ish Kristina? Who most definitely did not go to school anytime close to the Jones' girls. Pick a sob story and get with it, hack writers! Also, Amy should be in deep shit with her fellow nurses since she went back to work after being cut and the whole work stoppage happened. Rats aren't well liked.

Olivia should fuck off. If Julian's thug life is a problem, maybe you should've lied like you did with Dante. And Ned and Brooklyn could've kept ELQ and you would be happy being a single mother.

Sam can also fuck off for a hypocrite too. Julian is the worst bad person in town. While being married to town hitman Jason. And being pals with the town Gummy godfather.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yeah, what the Hell was that?  Anna throwing shade at Luke was kind of strange, seeing as how they used to sleep together not so long ago.  And Anna cries more than any elite super-spy I've ever seen.

They did what??

(edited)
12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sam can also fuck off for a hypocrite too. Julian is the worst bad person in town. While being married to town hitman Jason. And being pals with the town Gummy godfather.

Eh. Her problem isn't that Julian is a criminal. It's that he's a shitty father and husband. She was specifically angry at what he'd done to her and Alexis - and that is actually a valid complaint. And Alexis can choose to forgive him, I guess, despite the way that damages the character but she doesn't get to forgive him on behalf of her daughters.

At this point, Julian is the bottom of a pretty deep "bad boy" barrel for Alexis - and he's still the least interesting, least compelling bad choice she's ever made - At least Jerry made sure she was vaccinated before holding PC hostage with a deadly water virus toxin thing. Julian intentionally terrorized and traumatized her and then blackmailed her into taking care of him.

If we had real GH writers, instead of Uncle Frank's pun patrol, we might've gotten a scene with Sam/Alexis referencing their actual history with each other and the shitty romantic choices they've made and choosing to forgive unforgivable things.  

However, I do not have any sympathy for Olivia. She made her bed and inexplicably crawled into it with Julian and Julian didn't do anything to her. Leo's existence is stupid and inexplicable,* but he is the result of consensual (unprotected, gross) sex.

*and if he's not going to be retconned into Ned's son he can disappear until one of the unnecessary Jerome infants dies in a sweeps stunt 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed the suspense scenes on Thursday's show, with Minion stalking Liz and Jake, Jason making a "Don't act scared, but..." call to Liz, Liz and Jake hiding out in a room, Liz enlisting Griffin to help her cover and stall, Jason cornering Minion on the roof. It reminded me so much of 24 (when I watched it, which was only the first few seasons). Then in the preview, Jason was asking Minion "Who do you work for?!" and it reminded me of 24 even more. Of course, this is the daytime, low-budget version of same, where every floor of the hospital is obviously the same set.  

Boy, am I glad it was Griffin telling Jake that he was going to be the patient to Jake's doctor, and Jake could pretend to do an examination of him. If that had been a Franco scene, I can just imagine the commentary.  

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed the suspense scenes on Thursday's show, with Minion stalking Liz and Jake, Jason making a "Don't act scared, but..." call to Liz, Liz and Jake hiding out in a room, Liz enlisting Griffin to help her cover and stall, Jason cornering Minion on the roof. It reminded me so much of 24 (when I watched it, which was only the first few seasons).

I enjoyed that scene very much, too.  For me personally, the best part of Thursday.  Finally!  Some actual tension and suspense!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny, Carly, Sam, and Jason think Julian is the worst. Who else can give Julian and Alexis the benediction they need?

And there we have it, the ever revolving door of "Sonny, Carly, Sam, and Jason think _____________ is the worst." Because of course they are the moral compass of Port Charles.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

Olivia should fuck off. If Julian's thug life is a problem, maybe you should've lied like you did with Dante.

She shouldn't have slept with him in the first place. They both knew exactly what they were doing, so I have absolutely no pity for either of them. And then she did lie about Leo. First she told Julian the baby died, then she came back with an "adopted" baby. It's all chickens coming home to roost, AFAIC.

And now I'm working myself into a rage blackout. Dammit!

• Love 10
20 hours ago, rur said:

Example 482 of Why It Is Hard To Feel For Sam:

"Julian is a bad man and I don't want him to ever set eyes on Scout. Now I'm going to have lunch with my husband who has killed lots of people and appears to have no other skill set."

As soon as she mentioned Jason, that jumped out at me too.  Why is having a mob father for her kids ok but not a mob grandfather?

19 hours ago, Vella said:

I did not miss Olivia AT ALL and today was a prime example of why. SO MUCH SHRIEKING.  Has she forgotten that Alexis was the one on her side when Julian found out he was Leo's father and was gunning for Olivia? Has she forgotten Alexis supported her and got Julian to back off and mediated things to the point where Olivia/Julian worked out an agreement for Leo?  Or that little fact that Olivia herself went on to gladly fuck and romanticize Sonny, the man who shot Dante in the chest? 

Sam joining in is EXACTLY why I will never be a fan of that sighing, eye rolling, huffing package of bullshit.  Her whinefest over Julian while waiting for Jason was ridiculous. The fact that Alexis did not get to blast either woman with both barrels for said bullshit was worse. Sam was by her man's side defending him regarding the people he murdered and threatened and weren't they both just a short while ago threatening someone with Sonny/violence to get information?  So fuck you muchly Sam and fuck GH for not letting Alexis throw glass in both those basic bitches faces.

It was kind of interesting they involved the legal point - Alexis is right in that Olivia can't just cut the father out, even if he is in jail.  The courts would see her as being in the wrong.  Because she does not like that, she blames the messenger.  She said "see you in court" but there she will be told there will be a visitation schedule, even if supervised, and then probably get mad at the judge and her own lawyer because the law does not support her righteousness. 

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This story gives me a rage blackout. It ranks right up there with Olivia/Julian. I hate custody battles, but if Julian sues Olivia for access, I'm fully Team Julian here.

"I've been a little on edge. It's not like me at all." No kidding, Sam. And zzzzz to her not wanting a doctor to check her out. For once I'd like a story where the person actively tries to find out what's wrong.

Yes, they have her doing the old Jason routine.  Doctors just don't know anything.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 11:11 AM, Kim0820 said:

Yes, they have her doing the old Jason routine.  Doctors just don't know anything.

Is it PTSD/PPD if it's cumulative? Given Sam's history and the shenanigans surrounding the birth/death of her first child and her second child - I can understand why she'd reject the idea that that one experience with Olivia would result in PTSD. Griffin didn't know her history, so he didn't present the idea as the result of years of cumulative traumas - as the back-breaking straw. She might've been a little more receptive to that

On 6/16/2017 at 11:11 AM, Kim0820 said:

As soon as she mentioned Jason, that jumped out at me too.  Why is having a mob father for her kids ok but not a mob grandfather?

Probably because Julian terrorized and attempted to murder her mother and actively endangered both of them and her unborn child by refusing to warn them about Olivia

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

We were talking in one of the other threads about casual, once-in-a-while viewers. If I hadn't been watching regularly, yesterday's show would have confused the hell out of me, with one woman named Olivia actually in the scenes, who is connected to Julian, but also dialogue about how "Olivia" traumatized Griffin and Sam somehow, and yet Sam is telling her mother to "see Olivia's side."  

When OJ was on, they did a pretty good job of keeping the characters separated, and mostly referring to OJ as "Liv."  

• Love 1

This was pretty meeh, bright spots were Rebecca getting some quality snark faces acting, and Amy. She is my favorite of the new characters. I also really liked the shelves in Amy and Tree's coffee nook area.

I was sort of hoping both guys would fall off the roof and Jake would be in a coma for a few months.

• Love 2

The show just needs to stop talking about Jason, Helena, and "what she did to him" because she couldn't have done anything to him, THEY WERE BOTH UNDEAD AND FROZEN GAAAAHHHH!

Siiigh, I knew it, I just knew Spencer was going to have some bratty, petty vendetta against Charlotte.  And now poor Kevin is going to have to deal with him morning, noon, and night.

And I just...how can we pity Amy 2.0 for her money woes when she went about getting money in the dumbest way possible?

• Love 9

Nice piece of incompetence by the PCPD today. "Oh really, sir, you say you're innocent? Okay then, guess I'll just believe you and wander off without even writing down your information. Have a nice day!" With geniuses like these guys on the police force it's no wonder Sonny gets away with everything.

It doesn't matter how many disabled veteran brothers or dead moms they give Amy, I still don't care about her or the blog. Her backstory is clearly being pulled out of thin air, and I don't get why so much time is being invested on her. There's a multitude of other characters (Lucas, Molly, TJ, Valerie) who have existing connections to the town canvas and are way more deserving of the attention that's being focused on Amy.

The sisterly chat between Liz and Hayden was decent, albeit a day late and a dollar short. Their relationship always feels like an afterthought.

Kevin, I love you and Laura, but I'm so sorry you're going to be saddled with a little shit like Spencer.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Siiigh, I knew it, I just knew Spencer was going to have some bratty, petty vendetta against Charlotte.  And now poor Kevin is going to have to deal with him morning, noon, and night.

My KevLaur heart was not happy about him inviting himself along for their date. I understand why Laura wouldn't want to leave him at the house with Charlotte but she should have put her foot down and said no. I love that Kevin and Laura are an actual adult relationship that communicate with each other in a healthy way.

Charlotte is significantly less annoying with Lulu and Dante than she was with Valentin and Nina, so I hope the living arrangements stay as they are when Valentin inevitably returns. Rocco was super-cute letting Charlotte put in the last puzzle piece.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Siiigh, I knew it, I just knew Spencer was going to have some bratty, petty vendetta against Charlotte. 

Charlotte can kill Spencer any time. And it's beyond aggravating that no one properly disciplines that little turd. Laura makes stern faces and then fails to follow through.

Nice lampshading by Sam of Jason's history (paraphrasing): "The whole Cassadine Island thing. Two years unaccounted for. I can't wrap my head around it." We know what you're trying to do, Show. It's not working.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Charlotte can kill Spencer any time. And it's beyond aggravating that no one properly disciplines that little turd. Laura makes stern faces and then fails to follow through.

Dante did try to put him in time-out, I thought, but of course that was when Kevin showed up for Laura and Spencer immediately invited himself on their date *sigh*

Laura's an idiot. She got Spencer a pretzel after that?

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno how I'm going to make it through a whole summer of Spencer, you guys. 

I was just thinking FV is crazy lol. Nina, Nelle, Franco, Ava, Spencer. Maybe he thinks ratings will suck no matter what so he just wants to shove as much stuff that he likes while he still can.

• Love 6
(edited)

The preview for Monday was more of the same.  Having Laura and Kevin being the indulgently smiling talk-tos to SPENCER?!?!  Nooo.

And you just know he's going to bitch up a storm about Kevin's "townie" house.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Oh, NO, NO, NO. Amy 2.0's brother is an injured vet in a group home. I'm already bracing myself for the awful way the show will handle it. Why isn't the VA involved? 

Oh, Nathan. NO, NO, NO. Don't let yourself be emotionally blackmailed by Amy's sob story. Point her to some helpful social services instead.

I didn't hate the Elizabeth/Rebecca Budig conversation.

LOL at the leg wrestling on the roof's edge. And gross that the hospital security guy (or whoever that was) wouldn't take Jason down to the PCPD just because he saved everyone at the Nurses Ball. The two events are completely unrelated!

38 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

I also really liked the shelves in Amy and Tree's coffee nook area.

I think that's a reconfigured Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1987) set.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno how I'm going to make it through a whole summer of Spencer, you guys. 

Me either. I'll probably break the FF button on my remote.

10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Dante did try to put him in time-out, I thought, but of course that was when Kevin showed up for Laura and Spencer immediately invited himself on their date *sigh*

And then Laura let him get a pretzel. Again, she totally undercuts any discipline. 

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And you just know he's going to bitch up a storm about Kevin's "townie" house.

Spencer's anger would be a lot more acceptable if he wasn't always a little turd. But he's been such a spoiled brat that it comes across as just another temper tantrum because things aren't the way he wants them, rather than because he has legit reasons to be upset and feel vulnerable.

Was that a Nelle doppelgänger in the previews? 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Charlotte is significantly less annoying with Lulu and Dante than she was with Valentin and Nina, so I hope the living arrangements stay as they are when Valentin inevitably returns. Rocco was super-cute letting Charlotte put in the last puzzle piece.

Rocco was adorable.  re Charlotte:  She is settling in comfortably -and the child is also showing that she obviously learned good manners and polite behavior from "Papa."  Now someone just needs to teach Spencer.

• Love 3

HateChel being nice to Elizabeth's boys after she called them bastards is lazy, AF.  Stop it, show.  It's been ten months since serial killing rapist Franco outed the alleged connection between Elizabeth and Hatechel and the show chose NOT to write an organic story featuring the two women.  There should have been months of story with Hatechel wondering about her new father, siblings and other Hardy/Webber connections and she spent 3/4 of the time throwing nasty comments at Elizabeth about Cam, Jake and Aiden.  

Amy needs to go and take her offscreen brother and 1/2 the not needed pets/gets from FV and Varni.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, NO, NO, NO. Amy 2.0's brother is an injured vet in a group home. I'm already bracing myself for the awful way the show will handle it. Why isn't the VA involved? 

IRL answers: A friend is a psychologist at a VA who treats PTSD.

Three things I learned from her. 1. Older Vets need a lot of help after they retire. A lot of her patients are Vietnam PTSD cases. Somehow the symptoms get worse without work. (She knows how, I don"t understand it) 2. The DSM Number 5 came out, and really changed how they see the causes of PTSD. 3. There are domiciliary care programs (supervised group housing) for Vets that are so disabled mentally they cannot provide for themselves. Her VA's program is by contract with a community living program.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, NO, NO, NO. Amy 2.0's brother is an injured vet in a group home.

Shades of Sam's brother Danny.

This was an okay episode . . . I don't really have much to say about it though.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I'm liking Amy a lot more these days.  Nice to see her get more story/character, and more light shed on veterans, their medical needs, and medical bills in general, the better.  

My antipathy toward the character of Maxie (not the actress, the character) makes me want to see Nathan with Amy.  Yes, I am easily marketed.

If nothing else, it's a relief to get a break from the Mafia/Sonny/Carly/Jason/Liz storylines that seem to wash/rinse/repeat every 3 weeks.  So bring on Nathan/Amy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Poor Dante. His disciplinary measures are always being undercut lol.

The one time he arrests his dad, governor lets him go.

Arrests Morgan and Kiki, someone posts their bail or whatever the hell happened.

Tries to insert a modicum of manners into Spencer, Kevin immediately shows up looking dapper.

random, but Bradford Anderson said he was brought in to do those scenes with Jason because someone else who was supposed to be in them couldn't. Sounds like Franco was supposed to be in there but there were still negotiating RH's contract so he couldn't film it. I can't believe they were gonna do those scenes with Jason and Franco. (That's a rhetorical statement.)

2 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

If nothing else, it's a relief to get a break from the Mafia/Sonny/Carly/Jason/Liz storylines that seem to wash/rinse/repeat every 3 weeks.  So bring on Nathan/Amy.

I'm torn. On one hand, I'm not that crazy about Maxie either. On the other, it seems like all the men lately are the ones to start an extra marital affair. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

random, but Bradford Anderson said he was brought in to do those scenes with Jason because someone else who was supposed to be in them couldn't. Sounds like Franco was supposed to be in there but there were still negotiating RH's contract so he couldn't film it. I can't believe they were gonna do those scenes with Jason and Franco. (That's a rhetorical statement.)

Thank Jasus for Spinelli. It's a little weird to fly him in for something he could probably do long-distance, but for Franco to be involved?  NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO.

Tangential question: Was RoHo not working because his contract expired before they renegotiated it? Couldn't they pay him for the days he worked and negotiate at the same time? Is this SOP, or was he playing hardball? 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

random, but Bradford Anderson said he was brought in to do those scenes with Jason because someone else who was supposed to be in them couldn't.

They should have dropped in Curtis then, IMO. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Thank Jasus for Spinelli. It's a little weird to fly him in for something he could probably do long-distance, but for Franco to be involved?  NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO. NO, NO, NO.

Tangential question: Was RoHo not working because his contract expired before they renegotiated it? Couldn't they pay him for the days he worked and negotiate at the same time? Is this SOP, or was he playing hardball? 

Playing hardball I think. He probably wouldn't work until they renegotiated. 

(edited)

So the cop just takes a known criminal and his ride or die chick at their word and lets him go?  So bogus, but totally the m.o. of this show, as Jason and Sonny are held at a different standard than everyone else.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

This was an okay episode . . . I don't really have much to say about it though.

+1

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, RH has amazing eyebrows.  They put RB's to shame.

RB's eyebrows are worse than ER's and that's saying something. They're all I notice in scenes with her. Shallow I know, but they're super distracting in their badness!

My fave character is Charlotte. She was shooting some looks Spencer's way today that were pure perfection.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Looks like KSt is back taping.

If that's a current picture, she looks great.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

First scene - she begs Amy 2.0 for forgiveness for being a retconned bitch to her in high school.

Please. The first scene will be Amy 2.0, Nathan, and Dillon ragging on Maxie for being a retconned bitch in high school, and Maxie will stand there and take it.

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

My fave character is Charlotte. She was shooting some looks Spencer's way today that were pure perfection.

If only she'd also shot him some fatal poison.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
(edited)

And again, wouldn't a feud between Spencer/Cassadine scions Spencer and Charlotte be potentially interesting/soapy if they weren't little kids?  YES!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

First scene - she begs Amy 2.0 for forgiveness for being a retconned bitch to her in high school.

Or "Nathan! I can't believe you're kissing AJ 2.0!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Now she's REALLY worried about Jason, okay, as opposed to before. He was made of metal then!

That and I just can't stand the "SAM IS SO TOUGH AND STRONG" narrative; she could NEVER have any type of problem because she can handle ANYTHING. I legit rolled my eyes. It's one thing for other characters to have that perception, but Sam herself also believes she's just super duper Wonder Woman. I laughed. 

• Love 5

She should have said something instead of just looking all, "Well, I never!" It's also kind of gross that it took Dante, a man, to get Spencer to take anything even remotely seriously. I get that Spencer has had few to no effective male role models, but that doesn't make the gender bias any more palatable to me.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I get that Spencer has had few to no effective male role models, but that doesn't make the gender bias any more palatable to me.

I took it that Laura has been way too indulgent, which she admited to Kevin, partly because she's been away for a lot of his young life and partly because of Nik's death.  Lulu, as his aunt, should have said something but may also not want to step on Laura's toes, since she's essentially raising Spencer now.  So that left Dante to say something, which I was fine with, because, well it's Dante and I love me some DZ!!

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Lulu's eyes got bigger than I ever imagined they could when she reacted to Spencer's bratty behaviour.

Dante's eyes were also pretty big.

28 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Lulu, as his aunt, should have said something but may also not want to step on Laura's toes, since she's essentially raising Spencer now. 

I didn't even think it was that . . . I think Laura and Lulu were kinda momentarily startled and Dante stepped into the breach. Plus, Spencer didn't really take him seriously anyway, he kept looking at Laura like "do you really agree?"

I thought the kid already deserved a time out when he said Rocco's mouth breathing was annoying. They should give him to Nina.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just knew Spencer was going to have some bratty, petty vendetta against Charlotte. 

But at least it makes sense.  Charlotte's father took everything away from Spencer, including his father, so he's taking out his anger on her.  At least they aren't retconning it, that Spencer met Charlotte once at an opera in Vienna and  she slighted him so he's mad at her now.  

• Love 11