Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

That was some serious "Sherlock Holmes in the drawing room explaining the crime" shit by Ned. Too bad Tracy was rendered stupid and helpless for her exit story line and didn't get to figure anything out for herself. Jesus Wept. ...for Tracy.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe they realized the Samira actress was terrible

It never stopped them before.  Natalia Livingston, I'm talking to you.

• Love 2

Well well well. I did call it accurately from the get-go. Lord Larry and Samira were working together on an art con against Tracy. I wonder if Laura and Monica will apologize for misjudging Tracy as a hard-hearted selfish person and proclaiming their opinions from their high horses?? Did Samira take her new dress (from Laura) with her as a snide little bonus?

Looks like a whole lot of us are glad that we don't have to put up with Samira, the actress, and a forced inauthentic conversion of Tracy's whole history and character. Booyah, Show!

booyah.jpg

• Love 6
(edited)

Miss me? I am not sure of the exact date, but I have missed more than one week of this show. I ended a 12-year-old relationship with a bad cable/internet company. Now I'm all Carly Corinthos, like, "I stayed with you because that was my sickness. But what you did, raising my bill constantly while providing the same lackluster service, was abuse." Then I handed the DVR and other paraphernalia over, and the guy behind the counter threw a remote control at the wall and yelled "Faithless whore!" but I still walked out with my head up high. I guess the new provider would be Jax in this fanciful scenario. I don't know.

Anyway, as I said, I missed more than a week of shows, but I did see 5/1. And...was there a week of shows? Did they just take all of last week off? I feel as though I missed not one thing. All the Qs and Kiki were still in the Quartermaine living room talking about that painting, and Liz and Franco were still staring at that scarecrow drawing, and Anna was still acting all squirrelly like she might be Alex, and Nina was still insecure about Valentin, and Jasam were still murmuring and muttering boringly. I did like Nina's hair today. That's about all I've got.  

I saw the comment upthread "I think it's MS," and I briefly thought there had been some revelation that Nina has multiple sclerosis. Then I realized it was just the actress's initials.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Well well well. I did call it accurately from the get-go. Lord Larry and Samira were working together on an art con against Tracy. I wonder if Laura and Monica will apologize for misjudging Tracy as a hard-hearted selfish person and proclaiming their opinions from their high horses?? Did Samira take her new dress (from Laura) with her as a snide little bonus?

Probably not. They should apologize for browbeating her subconscious into submission so badly, she believed that the Afterlife is judged by Saint Sonny.

I'm not even mad about the wrapup. They went to the effort to even plant a clue that Samira's story was too pat (Lila sang the song), but in retrospect, it should have been Tracy to solve it, since she was doubting Samira's sob story from the get-go.

However, Ned solved it -- Sonny didn't solve it at all!!

I will admit that Lord Larry's initial encounter with Samira threw me, so either he sold it so well, or Show screwed up and never gave us a tell. (and is he an American citizen, or can he be deported like Jax?)

I am intrigued that they may tie up Jason's story, Jake's story, and Valentin's/Anna's storyline.

Talk to me as if I was a dead, blownup Morgan off his meds: How does fucking around with Jason's timeline on CI  screw with Robin's timeline at CC or whenever she was captured (the Swiss clinic)?

14 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Why did Nelle lie to Nina about Valentin and Anna?

14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Probably because when she first took the job Valentin threated to murder her if she did anything to cost him Nina or Charlotte. 

Agreed. She just got Sonny's bad-breath threat, and so she can identify who can just fire her and who can make her disappear.

• Love 4

Thinking about it, I do wonder, whether subconsciously or not on the writers' part, Ned being the one to work out Larry's scheme and send Samira packing was an effort to strength (the recurring, mostly off-screen) Ned to step somewhat into Tracy's role when she leaves.  I could see a scene later this week where Tracy's all, "I trust you to look after the family's best interests" or something.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Well well well. I did call it accurately from the get-go. Lord Larry and Samira were working together on an art con against Tracy. I wonder if Laura and Monica will apologize for misjudging Tracy as a hard-hearted selfish person and proclaiming their opinions from their high horses??

Seriously.  From the beginning I was screaming at my tv that Samira was probably a con and the high horses were acting like the perfect mark by just buying her story.  So insufferable.

IDEK what's going on with this Jake/Jason/Helena/Liz/Franco/Sam/Valentin/AlexAnna twist, but I hope someone literally turns into a chimerra.  That would make the stupidity worth it.

• Love 5

What's the status on Maxie? Is she gone for good? Yesterday's dialogue between Nathan and Nina was odd and seemingly suggestive of Maxie firmly settled into a new life in Portland. She supposedly has a cushy new job there amongst other things. Why did the writers write this for Maxie if she were coming back?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

What's the status on Maxie? Is she gone for good? Yesterday's dialogue between Nathan and Nina was odd and seemingly suggestive of Maxie firmly settled into a new life in Portland. She supposedly has a cushy new job there amongst other things. Why did the writers write this for Maxie if she were coming back?

No one knows her status yet I don't think. Some spoilers mention her (although she won't actually be on screen), so who knows.

(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristen Storms took some time off to deal with personal issues, so Maxie was written out for a while.

I'm aware of this. I just don't know why they wrote the character as moving to Portland and seemingly starting a new life. I find it interesting that TPTB opted not to temporarily recast the character this time. I wonder if we'll hear of Maxie sending Nathan divorce papers because she has rekindled feelings for Spin.

Edited by Syndicate

I didn't know how much of the BTS stuff you were aware of, Syndicate. (Not everyone reads every thread.)

I don't miss Maxie, TBH. She hasn't had her own story for ages, and the fewer people dragged into the Charlotte story, the better. If the spoiler stuff is true, I'd rather she be offscreen for it. It sounds stupid enough with the people we will see.

• Love 2

I like Maxie, but picking a job in Portland that takes her closer to her daughter is the wisest decision she's made in a while. The moment she's back in PC, we all know the writers will make her dumb to suit the plot.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Vera said:

I like Maxie, but picking a job in Portland that takes her closer to her daughter is the wisest decision she's made in a while. The moment she's back in PC, we all know the writers will make her dumb to suit the plot.

But this is what makes no sense to me. Why not just write Maxie as being on a long visit with her daughter? Instead, we learn that Maxie has gotten a lucrative new job and a place to live in Portland. 

• Love 1
Just now, Syndicate said:

But this is what makes no sense to me. Why not just write Maxie as being on a long visit with her daughter? Instead, we learn that Maxie has gotten a lucrative new job and a place to live in Portland. 

But she still has to be making money to afford the trip and to live there? She'd have to be gone as long as Kst is gone and that's at least three months. 

In regards to Maxie: I sort of wish they hadn't given the character a kid and a husband. I wish they's give her more scenes with her family instead, like Felicia (who we barely see anymore), Anna (Godmother), Lucas (wish they's remember he's a Jones). IMO, she should have been head of Crimson instead of Nina. It would have been a good way to see the character grow up some.

• Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Vera said:

But she still has to be making money to afford the trip and to live there? She'd have to be gone as long as Kst is gone and that's at least three months. 

In regards to Maxie: I sort of wish they hadn't given the character a kid and a husband. I wish they's give her more scenes with her family instead, like Felicia (who we barely see anymore), Anna (Godmother), Lucas (wish they's remember he's a Jones). IMO, she should have been head of Crimson instead of Nina. It would have been a good way to see the character grow up some.

It's still bizarre! How long does Maxie plan on staying? Did she forget that she has a husband? I think she should have insisted on Nathan going with her.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

Aren't Maxie and Nathan kind of on a break? I thought one reason she left was because she didn't like Nathan taking Nina's side in the dumb custody struggle, not to mention the daily tension with Nina in general because of it.

The story would be more interesting if Maxie willingly took a job somewhere else because that's how she could advance her career, and she and Nathan are adjusting to a LDR. That's been vaguely mentioned, but I wish it were much more front and center. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

However, Ned solved it

And he was an idiot for giving Samira anything more than a plane ticket home.  $10000?  That'll teach her to con people.

Was the Immigration guy in on it?  If so, why would he be involved in the Jax story?

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aren't Maxie and Nathan kind of on a break? I thought one reason she left was because she didn't like Nathan taking Nina's side in the dumb custody struggle, not to mention the daily tension with Nina in general because of it.

No, Nathan said that Maxie was looking for something else after Nina fired her, and she took the job in Portland because it was for 3 months.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh Joss, sweetie, I wish I could believe you when you say you're never going to forgive Sonny, but all we have to do is look to your big brother Michael to know how that promise'll pan out. #sigh

Aside from that, today was a snooze from top to bottom.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

It's still bizarre! How long does Maxie plan on staying? Did she forget that she has a husband? I think she should have insisted on Nathan going with her.

Nathan explained it that she got offered to cover for a woman going on maternity leave and it was a great opportunity for her with a shelf life.  He couldn't just pick up and leave his job, too.  Plenty of couples do long-distance for jobs for even longer amounts of time than this was supposed to be so I don't find it unrealistic.

• Love 2

"I don't like to whine about my problems." Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, Sonny. He's off his game, not taking the wedding ring off until after he started chatting up that woman. It's been a while since we've seen Sonny's seduction moves, I hope he remembers the important steps of dress buying and trips to the island.

Ava's letting her guard down with the Morgan stuff and it's totally going to bite her in the ass. I know she's completely in the wrong in this situation, but I like Ava. I actually just want to hang out at the bar with her and Scott, because they seem like they know how to have fun, unlike most everyone else in town.

This chimera stuff is such a drag. Nobody does anything but wring their hands over these drawings. Can I at least get a visit from Ghost Helena to liven things up?  

• Love 10

Previews...Tracy has an announcement to make.  The good news is that Michael is there (...standing next to Kiki and Dillon.  Will we ever be acknowledging that his ex-girlfriend is dating his cousin?).  The somewhat annoying news is that Dr. Michael Easton is also there.  Yes, yes, they're friends, but still, it's annoying.

• Love 3

That was the grossest attempt at flirting that I have seen on screen in a LONG time.  It was also exactly how Claudia was introduced almost 10 years ago, right down to the cringe worthy 'flirting'.  I don't know what MB is going for here, but he comes across as a dirty lech more than suave, flirty man.  And GH? She's MUCH younger than him, do not try to sell them as contemporaries. It will not work.

Joss' yelling at Sonny was a let down and it was no surprise that Carly is already making excuses for Sonny.  Trying to sell Sonny as loving Joss and that snitching on Jax to ICE was not an attack on Joss as well is a joke. I'm glad, at least, that Joss did not buy Carly's bullshit.

Chimera. Fucking shut up about that stupid thing already.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Vella said:

Trying to sell Sonny as loving Joss

Hee. I'm sure even the most ardent Sonny fan doesn't think he loves Joss.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Nathan explained it that she got offered to cover for a woman going on maternity leave and it was a great opportunity for her with a shelf life.  He couldn't just pick up and leave his job, too.  Plenty of couples do long-distance for jobs for even longer amounts of time than this was supposed to be so I don't find it unrealistic.

I never said it was unrealistic. I just don't think this is going to be the outcome. Again, they could've temporarily recast newly married Maxie. I don't know why they didn't.

Edited by Syndicate
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

*shrug* Probably because Maxie wasn't really in-story.  Last time, they needed Maxie to start setting up the Claudette shit.

Exactly.  The bottom line is, right now, the show doesn't *need* the character, hence the storyline.  They've also positioned themselves for the possibility of KStorms not coming back--and, who knows, maybe if that happens they will write Nathan out as having him join her.  Til then, this solution seems fine.

• Love 1

LOL at Jason, Mr. Greek Mythology. And double LOL that Franco didn't know immediately it was a chimera. Isn't he supposed to be the Jake Whisperer?

The "end-of-school dance" is usually called a prom, Show. 

2 minutes ago, Vella said:

Is this our summer umbrella story? Zzzz.

I'm loving Carly not giving Sonny an inch, at least for the time being. And since New York is finally a no-fault state, Sonny's threats to tell all about Carly's behavior are especially meaningless.

24 minutes ago, Vella said:

I don't know what MB is going for here, but he comes across as a dirty lech more than suave, flirty man.

That's pretty much what Sonny is.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm loving Carly not giving Sonny an inch, at least for the time being. And since New York is finally a no-fault state, Sonny's threats to tell all about Carly's behavior are especially meaningless.

Yup. I'm gonna be so annoyed if tomorrow Lulu is gonna use her shenanigans with Johnny as an example to Carly.  Not the same thing, and Carly is not planning on getting rid of any rival. And Finn is there to say goodbye to Tracy but Lulu isn't? That's stupid. Everyone should be there!

All the actors in the Sam/Jason/Franco/Liz quad seemed to be stumbling over their lines.

The Scotty/Ava scenes weren't bad. I wonder why she thinks Sonny sleeping with someone will matter with the Avery custody arrangement. (How did Carly blackmail her in the first place?)

That shirt isn't helping Valentin's loss of mystique.

• Love 3

Did Sonny actually say "Get ready for this" as he was about to have sex with some random woman in the previews? I know he has an ego, but good Lord! Yes, dayplayer lady get ready for the most disappointing minute of your life. But, if all goes in your favor, Sonny will whisk you off to the island he takes all of his non-wives and maybe there you'll meet a man who doesn't just lie there and let you do all the work.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm gonna be so annoyed if tomorrow Lulu is gonna use her shenanigans with Johnny as an example to Carly.  Not the same thing, and Carly is not planning on getting rid of any rival.

As if Carly needs advice about divorce from anyone, let alone Lulu. Why are those two even talking about it? They have so little interaction the way it is.

23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

(How did Carly blackmail her in the first place?)

IIRC, Ava knew Paul was running around killing people and didn't say anything. I think Carly has a thumb drive/recording with some sort of confession on it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

IIRC, Ava knew Paul was running around killing people and didn't say anything. I think Carly has a thumb drive/recording with some sort of confession on it.

Oh, right. I don't think Ava knew he was killing though. Paul didn't want the pictures to come out so he threatened Ava.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, like ulkis pointed out, it was even dumber than that. Carly found a sex tape Ava made and threatened to put it on the internet and that it would ruin Paul's reputation as DA to find out he was sleeping with a mobster. Paul basically agreed with Carly that it would damage his image and forced Ava to give Carly what she wanted.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Did Sonny actually say "Get ready for this" as he was about to have sex with some random woman in the previews? I know he has an ego, but good Lord! Yes, dayplayer lady get ready for the most disappointing minute of your life. But, if all goes in your favor, Sonny will whisk you off to the island he takes all of his non-wives and maybe there you'll meet a man who doesn't just lie there and let you do all the work.

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Vella said:

That was the grossest attempt at flirting that I have seen on screen in a LONG time.  It was also exactly how Claudia was introduced almost 10 years ago, right down to the cringe worthy 'flirting'.  I don't know what MB is going for here, but he comes across as a dirty lech more than suave, flirty man.  And GH? She's MUCH younger than him, do not try to sell them as contemporaries. It will not work.

Joss' yelling at Sonny was a let down and it was no surprise that Carly is already making excuses for Sonny.  Trying to sell Sonny as loving Joss and that snitching on Jax to ICE was not an attack on Joss as well is a joke. I'm glad, at least, that Joss did not buy Carly's bullshit.

I miss the Joss that was on under RC, but the current actress is okay.

GH has really bombed in trying to create a teen set and it shows.  Joss is now older than Cam, Spencer, Emma and Jake!  Joss has no friends that I can see from the current characters onscreen and that means there will be more newbies heading our way.

• Love 1

Is there a reason Liz has to be so snarky and bitchy all the time? She made it sound like she couldn't possibly understand why Jake wouldn't want to go away with Franco and her and wanted to stay in town so he wouldn't be away from "you guys" and "your kids". Jason, Sam, Danny and Scout are his father, stepmother and siblings, they aren't random people, Liz. Geez.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't it more than that, though? If not, given that Paul is dead, Ava should go after Sonny for custody. 

She should. I'm not sure what stupid reason they haven't had Ava go after custody (or if they gave a reason at all) but all Carly had on Ava at last year's Nurses' Ball was the flash drive, which showed Ava and Paul having sex.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Sonny's new love interest is almost a Brenda bot.

They usually are.

I didn't hate this episode tbh. I am vaguely entertained and interested in some of this shit. I feel like it's just in a 'how stupid will this be' kinda way though, but at least I'm not bored.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5