Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, General Days said:

ACKNOWLEDGED UNPOPULAR OPINION: I never watched AMC or OLTL or whatever ABC show Howarth was on, so when he came to GH, I was not a fan girl. That said. I think he is a good actor who brings whimsy and soul to his scenes. I am ready to hand-wave the James Franco experiment and accept this actor on his own merits.

Was it dumb to re-cast him as FRANCO? Absolutely. Has he performed well since the recasting? Hell yes. He's one of the more watchable actor on this show and -- no really -- seems to care.

Good for you. This is  how all actors should be judged. I don't care about who played the character before or which soap the actor is coming from. As long as he's bringing the writers' stories to life and causing me to care or be entertained, I am all on board. I think Roger has been doing a stellar job playing a character that is largely hated and I love watching his interactions with most of the people on canvas.

• Love 7

Uh, wow, shortest custody hearing ever. The judge literally deliberated for like 30 seconds. Also shortest person-stuck-to-a-bomb scare. And for that matter, shortest crazy-murderer-is-on-the-loose plot. Good thing Sam got the hell out the way at the bottom of that bridge or she would have been pummeled with more bodies.

This was a weird week of GH. It's like they were trying to hurry up and resolve every single ongoing plotline RIGHT NOW after torturing us with the set ups for months and months. And months. Same like they did with the Nell thing.  

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Uh, wow, shortest custody hearing ever.

Yeah.  I don't think the psychiatrist interviews the child on trial day, either.   In about 10 minutes, he's got a diagnosis?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Scotty and Ava together and I'm interested in this business with them and Lucy, but for fuck's sake at them bringing this back 500 years later. The pacing gah!

Oh, was Lucy on today too?

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought Scotty already sexed the pills out of Lucy, back in November? 

I am so not the person to ask since I forget most of what happens the second I delete the ep lol. Also, there's a solid chance I wasn't paying enough attention and maybe something else entirely was said!

Edited by peachmangosteen

Oh wait, I remember.  Lucy had put the pill bottle in the hotel safe, but somehow, someway, Scotty figured out the combination and replaced the doctored pills with the real deals.  But Lucy does still have a pill bottle of Morgan's that she could give to Sonny and fuck up Ava's life with, I guess.

At least the writers only took four months to get back to this storyline. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh wait, I remember.  Lucy had put the pill bottle in the hotel safe, but somehow, someway, Scotty figured out the combination and replaced the doctored pills with the real deals.  But Lucy does still have a pill bottle of Morgan's that she could give to Sonny and fuck up Ava's life with, I guess.

At least the writers only took four months to get back to this storyline. #eyeroll

It's too bad this is the best they can come up with for Lucy and Scotty although I do enjoy there scheming but im sick of this stupid Morgan story.

• Love 2

Where is Alexis reading the letter? I don't think it's Kelly's,

A 'Kelly's' sign was shown. 

While I do detest Sonny, at least he doesn't blather on about politics. I don't care if it's an R or a D.  Let me watch my soap opera.  Aren't there other channels devoted to politics and 'news'?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

It's too bad this is the best they can come up with for Lucy and Scotty although I do enjoy there scheming but im sick of this stupid Morgan story.

I'm not a huge fan of Scotty scheming against longtime friend/ex-wife/co-parent Lucy in favor of Ava.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Scotty scheming against longtime friend/ex-wife/co-parent Lucy in favor of Ava.

Yeah it's pretty hard to buy that he would put Ava over Lucy.The only person I ever Remeber Scotty putting ahead of Lucy was Dominquie and maybe Serena.Unfortunately this show doesn't care about characters being in character and haven't for a long time.

• Love 1

Anna had a remarkable recovery.   One minute, she's cut, bruised and fainting like she's Sam Morgan, the next, she's at the cemetery talking to Morgan's headstone, then goes to the P.D. for another chat with Liv.

• Love 1

Jason was perfectly fine after crashing his bike when he got his memories back and was even able to rescue Dante from under the prison van, Kevin has no scar from the bullet wound and makeshift surgery from Cassadine Island, Laura seems to have no emotional or physical repercussions from being drugged and kidnapped for a day, and until now Elizabeth has operated under the assumption Jake was a happy and healthy boy despite being held by psychopaths for four years. Residents of Port Charles just happen to have remarkable rates of recovery from emotional and/or physical trauma unless it's in the script for a Very Special Chunk of Episodes.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Yeah it's pretty hard to buy that he would put Ava over Lucy.The only person I ever Remeber Scotty putting ahead of Lucy was Dominquie and maybe Serena.Unfortunately this show doesn't care about characters being in character and haven't for a long time.

Which was/is fine because Lucy loves Dominique/Serena and they love her. Lucy's dedication to both Dominique and Serena is all the more reason that Scotty shouldn't be putting Ava ahead of her. Serena wasn't pleased with Lucy when she heard about the affair (as she should be considering all that Kevin had done for her, even if it was her dad and adoptive/surrogate mother), she won't be pleased with Scott for protecting a murderer he pretty much just met over Lucy.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sonny really offer to off Valentin for Dante?

I couldn't believe my ears. Sonny really hasn't learned any lessons from his persecution of Julian Jerome. Maybe he'll set up a hit for Valentin and it will ricochet and hit Avery this time.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I couldn't believe my ears. Sonny really hasn't learned any lessons from his persecution of Julian Jerome. Maybe he'll set up a hit for Valentin and it will ricochet and hit Avery this time.

Then we will be subject to six more months of Carly screeching at him for the violence and how could he do this to her and their family. Bonus points for Aba getting involved. Extra-bonus points if Sonny actually does sleep with Nelle this time in a drunken rage.

• Love 1

Hesitating to put this out in the universe, but who thinks somebody will get the bright idea of  Charlotte getting "art therapy" with Freako [gag] during the ensuing supervised visits period that Lulu has to endure?

Considering that Carly and Sonny are mostly raising Avery, maybe that kid should sign up with Freako's burgeoning practice too just in case. Rumor hath it that Freako has been getting an online master's degree in art therapy counseling since he's been dating Liez. Or so his resume purports to say....

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Hesitating to put this out in the universe, but who thinks somebody will get the bright idea of  Charlotte getting "art therapy" with Freako [gag] during the ensuing supervised visits period that Lulu has to endure?

Ew, because that's worked so well for Not-Dead Jake.

Nothing is Julian's fault, ever. That plan did not make a lick of sense either. 

Molly and Kristina visiting the baby off screen sucked, but I guess they needed to make the headstone budget count.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, sunnyface said:

A 'Kelly's' sign was shown. 

Wow, so they only put up that one corner. Is the budget really that tight these days?

13 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Yeah it's pretty hard to buy that he would put Ava over Lucy.

Doesn't Ava have something on Scott? I've lost track of who's blackmailing whom for what, but I seem to remember Ava threatening Scott somewhere along the line.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't Ava have something on Scott? I've lost track of who's blackmailing whom for what, but I seem to remember Ava threatening Scott somewhere along the line.

I thought Scotty was broke.  That he and Lucy were both conned out of their money by Hayden's dad, so that's why Scotty was sleeping on Ava's couch, doing the "bodyguard" thing.  That's all I can recall.

Oh, and she paid him a retainer as her lawyer before she told him about the pills. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

I remember Scott being broke, but I thought Ava wasn't able to pay him for...reasons? Helena? But she was able to keep him working for her because of the blackmail? 

Show, this is what happens when you drop stories for months at a time.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2017 at 0:03 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Honestly, wouldn't Sonny devoloping any self-awareness whatsoever be shocking? He puts me in mind of an old quote from Mad About You. One character defends ("defends") her sister by saying, "That's different, you know she lacks the ability to learn."

Not that he's alone. At this point that applies to pretty much every character on this show. Oh, my poor stupid Elizabeth.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5

It was nice to see Scotty on the show, I was missing him. And Liv's hair line was indeed hilarious. Yes, same hair, but he shaved off his beard. Scotty was pretty hot during the Olivia J period.

The only things I really enjoyed during the Sonny/Dante visit was Dante's jacket and his smile after he said "just stay away from Valentin" after Sonny's offer, cause the smile said "cause you'll totally fuck it up" for him.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, dubbel zout said:

These scripts could have been written before KSt took her leave of absence, and nobody tweaked them to reflect that. TFGH sloppiness.

She took a medical leave again?  Are they still calling it a skin condition?  Not that I disbelieve she had a serious skin issue, I'm just wondering if she's suffering from an autoimmune disease.

I miss Scotty and think the show should have brought on his two daughters a long time ago.  Kiki is still a huge miss for me, along with Franco, Nina and at least ten more of FV's pets.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, General Days said:

Not to mention he stole her egg from the woman who originally stole her egg. How is this not an issue Diane Effing Miller brings up in court?

<small voice> I want them to be friends. I am tired of Liz pining after Jason. I want her to try to make amends. I liked the baby book scene, today. I will go away now. Sorry. </small voice>

I want them to be friends, too.  Former rivals/enemies becoming friends is one of my favorite soap tropes.  And these two have the history to make it worthwhile.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

The only things I really enjoyed during the Sonny/Dante visit was Dante's jacket and his smile after he said "just stay away from Valentin" after Sonny's offer, cause the smile said "cause you'll totally fuck it up" for him.

This reminded me that Dante looked fine as hell in Friday's ep. I mean I fast forwarded all those scenes, but he looked really good.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lor said:

are duke and morgan some kind of saints? everyone keeps talking about them. 

*weeps and laughs*

Morgan was a douchebro with the intelligence of dryer lint and Duke was a sad mob hanger-on. I get that people tend to idealize the dead, but ugh.

• Love 6

Oh, one other thing that amused me, the way Felicia said, "you're here for Morgan" as if all the headstones had been raffled off and Anna got stuck with the crappiest one. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

BH and KeMo can love each other to death offscreen.  However, there is no way in hell that I ever want Elizabeth and Sam to be friends.  Nope.  Never!  I hated how OLTL turned Blair and Tea and Viki and Dorian into friends.  Ugh!  The women can be cordial, but soaps need rivalries that are fair and not one character constantly being trashed for the other.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, one other thing that amused me, the way Felicia said, "you're here for Morgan" as if all the headstones had been raffled off and Anna got stuck with the crappiest one. 

Felicia was me in that scene, I thought Anna visiting Morgan's gravestone was kinda weird.

Good to see Scotty, the scenes with him and Olivia (I knew they had history, but I didn't realize it was so acrimonious) and Ava were fun.  Though I had to scoff at the balls of the writers for literally having Ava announce the plotline with the pills was back at square one.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Felicia was me in that scene, I thought Anna visiting Morgan's gravestone was kinda weird.

Good to see Scotty, the scenes with him and Olivia (I knew they had history, but I didn't realize it was so acrimonious) and Ava were fun.  Though I had to scoff at the balls of the writers for literally having Ava announce the plotline with the pills was back at square one.

I think she was there to give POV on losing a grown child.  

4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

*weeps and laughs*

Morgan was a douchebro with the intelligence of dryer lint and Duke was a sad mob hanger-on. I get that people tend to idealize the dead, but ugh.

Duke, Morgan, Connie, Pat . . . the only one that wasn't mega annoying/creepy was Pat, probably because she was around for two seconds.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bringing flowers was the weird cherry on top. She barely knew Morgan, and she's not exactly BFFs with his parents, current thaw with Sonny notwithstanding.

10 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

I think she was there to give POV on losing a grown child.  

Felicia, you mean? Why was that necessary? Anna lost a child, too, and as Felicia said, it's not a competition. Losing a child at any young age means losing the possibilities of a future.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Friday's episode was very talky and boring. The only good part was Scout, but not just the side-eye; it was the side-eye combined with resting her chin on her little fist, which made her look extra exasperated. The worst was finding out poor Georgie's remains have to spend all of eternity lying across from Morgan's coffin, which is missing his body but contains all his most prized possessions, meaning back issues of Maxim and a half-empty bottle of Axe Body Spray.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

I think she [Felicia] was there to give POV on losing a grown child.  

Oh, I understand that part - and that it allowed Anna to once again bring up her dead baby with Duke - but it still felt very contrived.

It was also a mistake for the show to draw a comparison between Morgan and Georgie, IMO.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Bringing flowers was the weird cherry on top.

Anna also brought Griffin flowers as a "Sorry the married woman who seduced you into breaking your priestly vows died" gift.  She's just bad at flowers, I guess.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Anna also brought Griffin flowers as a "Sorry the married woman who seduced you into breaking your priestly vows died" gift.  She's just bad at flowers, I guess.

Heh. At least Anna knows Griffin somewhat. She had no connection to Morgan. But I suppose everyone has to bow down to everyone connected to the great Sonny Corinthos.

• Love 3

Like everyone else, I hope KSt gets well.  I hope she can come back and be the old Maxie.  But since I read talk of her being recast, all I can think of is Lindze Letherman in the role.  Even if she only fills in for six months or so.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was also a mistake for the show to draw a comparison between Morgan and Georgie, IMO.

You know, if they drew the comparison for the purpose of revealing that Alive! Georgie is what's behind the door Jake draws, the entry to some sort of WSB/Cassadine joint venture for growing new agents, it might make up for getting Alive! Morgan.

• Love 1