Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And was there some inside joke about Dillon watching "Gilmore Girls" I'm missing?  It's not like it's a super timely reference.

Yea, I thought it was weird, too. The Netflix revival isn't exactly super current, so it just came off weird.

13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I hate to say it, but LW may be worse in these threatening scenes than MB.

In the little bits I caught when I didn't hit ffwd quick enough they both seemed absolutely horrible. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dillon said he was watching Gilmore Girls as research for a Crimson article because Maxie told him to.  When did she get her job back?

LMAO! I didn't even think about that. Jelly obviously didn't either!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dillon said he was watching Gilmore Girls as research for a Crimson article because Maxie told him to.  When did she get her job back?

...Dillon's a photographer, I'm not sure why he would have do that kind of research.  Although maybe that was just him lamely trying to make an excuse for watching something "girly"?

I just don't get it.  If Kiki had to interrupt Dillon watching something, why not either a) have it be some obscure movie that plays on Dillon's history as a film buff or b) have it be something from the ABC-affiliated family, i.e. he's catching up on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Love Maura West.  

But hated the "You KNEW for 2 HOURS that Olivia was alive, even though you were tied up at gunpoint?!? You're charged with being an accomplice under the Reasons Helena Commercial Break All Jeromes Are EVUL Act of 2016!"

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a mistake. Or Maxie blackmailed Nina into giving her her job back. Offscreen, of course.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Granted, I haven't watched in a year and a half so its possible I missed something but wasn't Monica dating that judge for awhile?  Do we know what happened to him or why they broke up? Regardless, good for Monica having a man.

I was wondering what happened to the judge too. I wish he would show up again--this time at the Lante hearing--but it would be rich too if he could show up at a hearing between Ava and Sonny over Avery. 'Bout time Carson had to give Ava a better deal on custody.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

A continuity error I caught rewatching the scenes of Kevin being badgered by the Spencer women.  We see Lulu asking Kevin her question.  Then, we cut back to Kevin answering her.  But somehow, drinks have miraculously materialized on the table.  A nitpick, but it caught my eye.

• Love 2

I guess Sam bringing up things like Julian holding a knife to Alexis' throat means that the writers think whatever's in Julian's safety deposit box will explain that away.  Suuure.

I'm not an Andre fan, but I was totally on his side when he was getting bitched out by Lulu.  He doesn't answer to you and your baby rabies!

For fuck's sake, Molly and Kristina visited Sam and the baby off-screen.  Unpinch a penny, Frank.

Pretty sure Griffin has SOUL FLU, which maybe happened on "Angel"?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

If I had never seen this show before and tuned in to see Franco telling Jake, "the toys can wait, I've got other ideas for how we can spend our time," my mind would go to a VERY bad place. Did nobody realize how creepy that line sounded? Especially since Franco looks every bit like a seedy character from an after school special.

If the Liz and Griffin scenes aren't setting the stage for those two becoming interested in each other, then what is the point? I will lead a parade if Liz leaves Franco for Griffin. That would be a staggering upgrade, going from the troll under the bridge to someone who looks like he belongs in a Renaissance painting.

Funny how Lulu trusted the therapist was competent and would do right by Charlotte up until the point she lost the case. Supervised visits between Charlotte and Lulu is a good starting point for their relationship, it would have been ludicrous to give Lulu full custody.

"Your father is dead, Sam." You keep saying that Alexis, and every time I believe you less. 

• Love 7

Mother -daughter conversation with the lines that were apparently cut from today's show:

Sam: Julian is bad. 

Alexis: You're talking about your father. 

Sam: Pshaw! Julian is really bad.

Alexis: He's the man who saved Danny's life. Maybe you could take just a second or two to be thankful for that. 

Sam: Danny Who?

Edited by rur
  • Love 5

Wow. Even if I wasn't already on Lulu's side, this trial was so ridiculously slanted towards Valentin and Nina that it was disgusting. 

Based on what we were shown onscreen the custody trial was determined by the testimony of a mentally ill kidnapper-of-a-newborn and what had to be the fastest evaluation ever of the child in question. Andre says Charlotte is "fine" - except for that pesky problem of clinging to Valentin and her refusal to accept Lulu as her mother. How about you take some time to try to figure out why that is, Andre? He didn't think it was determental to Charlotte that Valentin knowingly kept Lulu from her all this time? Lulu is allowed supervised visitation with the child Valentin kept from her - how are supervised visits going to help Charlotte bond with Lulu? Charlotte will think she isn't safe there, an idea no doubt reinforced by Nina.

And of course we get the scene at the end of Charlotte gushing with Valentin and Nina and Valentin purposefully talking about "their family" where Lulu was sure to see/overhear.

I find it disgusting that none of Valentin and Nina's crimes ever made it into the court room. A woman that was legally denied from ever adopting a child due to her past now has full custody of Lulu's daughter and Lulu has only supervised visitation.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9

re: Dillon mentioning Maxie, I didn't really see it as a gaff. I thought it was from an earlier assignment Dillon was just getting to. Or she could have offered suggestions to him on the sly. Or most likely he was probably lying for the reason he was watching the shameful program Gilmore Girls.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, what a letdown that Olivia is simply arrested. Way to kill what tiny bit of momentum might have existed, Show. 

Liv can make bail, have her hair and nails done, and have Carson on speed dial threatening them before you know it.

14 hours ago, bannana said:

I thought LW was fantastic, especially since Show decided to contrast her against MB.  She won.

I am not a LW fan and pretty much dislike how she portrays Carly.  This is the first time I believed her.

I don't know, usually I like her performance, but yesterday I didn't. Maybe it was all the dialogue lately about beautiful Morgan.

• Love 5

The greater crime is that stupid Charlotte's custody is going to be reviewed in six months, which means a) the writers are going to draaag this shit out most of the year and b) we're probably going to be subjected to Claudette again within that time frame.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The greater crime is that stupid Charlotte's custody is going to be reviewed in six months, which means a) the writers are going to draaag this shit out most of the year and b) we're probably going to be subjected to Claudette again within that time frame.

Claudette will probably turn out to be another Jess personality.

ETA: Would FV "waste" BW on Ryan Paevey?

ETA part deux: would FV have the nerve to recast Maxie with Bree Williamson?

These are genuine questions, not rhetorical.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

re: Dillon mentioning Maxie, I didn't really see it as a gaff. I thought it was from an earlier assignment Dillon was just getting to. Or she could have offered suggestions to him on the sly. Or most likely he was probably lying for the reason he was watching the shameful program Gilmore Girls.

But none of that fits with what we are actually shown.  What we were shown was Maxie was fired a month (?) ago.  It's just bad dialogue.

Lulu is allowed supervised visitation with the child Valentin kept from her - how are supervised visits going to help Charlotte bond with Lulu? 

They have to start somewhere.  Right now the kid doesn't want to be anywhere near Lulu.  How is forcing her immediately into unsupervised visitation going to help?  

• Love 5

I wish Alexis had her scenes with someone who doesn't sound and act like a hypocrite when asking about her feelings for Julian. Because the fact that Alexis did not get to throw a dozen Jason related truth bombs in Sam's face was RIDICULOUS.  For Sam to spew ANY of what she said with a straight "I would NEVER do that!" face was just more of the same.  The fact that Alexis had nothing to toss back in Sam's stupid face is just another highlight of how awful the writing is.

Just like the rape revisit, the Jake/Cassadine island story will ALSO be all about Franco. Trust.  We have 2 trained, professional psychiatrists on the show and NEITHER could treat Jake?  Liz works at the hospital, she's a nurse, she'd have PLENTY of resources available to her.  Speaking of trained professional, we should have seen Andre assess Charlotte.  A real soap would have done it. Instead we have brain dead scenes like Liz and Sam being BFFs.

But I laughed at Lulu loser tears.  She really did it to herself.  The Charlotte actress is very sweet and natural.

• Love 6

André sure fit a lot in in one morning: counseling GH employees, evaluating Charlotte, testifying in court.

I don't think the ruling for the custody case is wrong. Lulu getting full custody was never going to happen, and getting to know Charlotte slowly is best for both of them. 

13 minutes ago, Vella said:

But I laughed at Lulu loser tears.  She really did it to herself. 

She kinda did. Lulu wants this to be all or nothing, and it can't be. But revisiting this in another six months? Gah.

"Every time I see Charlotte, it will be in the company of a complete stranger." News flash, Lulu: You are also basically a complete stranger to Charlotte. Think about that, huh?

3 minutes ago, Vella said:

I wish Alexis had her scenes with someone who doesn't sound and act like a hypocrite when asking about her feelings for Julian.

Same here, and I wish Sam were more sympathetic to Alexis's feelings being all over the place. Wishing someone dead and them actually being dead are two very different things. Sam can feel the way she feels, but she shouldn't force those feelings onto Alexis. 

"Jason likes to run toward danger. But I'm not going to hold that against him." Ugh.

Are baby books not a thing anymore?

Nice product placement for Crayola. 

• Love 4

Did Sonny every win custody of Kristina?  Or was it joint custody or unsupervised visitation?

Because whatever it was, it makes this decision look even dumber in comparison

Edited by Oracle42
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Did Sonny every win custody of Kristina?  Or was it joint custody or unsupervised visitation?

Because whatever it was, it makes this decision look even dumber in comparison

Sonny got unlimited visitation whatever the hell that means, but he did try to pursue full custody of Kristina, with, I kid you not, the fact that he allowed Kristina to use the medical waste from Sam's dead baby to treat her cancer as a reason why he would be such a great dad. It isn't like she harvested her vital organs or anything, first!baby girl McCoy couldn't use if she lived or died. But oh man, if any custody judge had seen Sonny when he made the decision to save Kristina, I they would limited the access to Kristina. When the umbilical cord was asked for, he made Alexis sweat it out for a good minute, just to show his power he had over her. Of course Carly was a straight up, hypocritically bitch to Carly the entire time.  

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

would FV have the nerve to recast Maxie with Bree Williamson?

Eww.  What?  NO.  Delete that immediately before someone sees it and next thing we know we hear the words, "the part of the iconic daughter of legacy parents Mariah Maximilliana Jones West is now being played by an over actor who doesn't deserve the part".  

• Love 4

All things Maxie are kind of a mess at the moment, with the problems with the actress. There was a scene in the custody case story when Nina asked Laura, "How did you know about that?" and then there was the dawning recognition, "Maxie," and Laura said, "Yeah." Even at that point, I was thinking, how is Maxie a source of info on Nina and Valentin, including this very hot-off-the-presses stuff about problems they are having? She got fired from Crimson, and Nathan tried and failed to broker a truce.

You could fanwank that Nina is telling her brother what's going on, and then it's getting back to Maxie via pillow talk, but it doesn't really fit with the way those three characters were the last time we saw them together onscreen.  

13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

You could fanwank that Nina is telling her brother what's going on

Today, Valentin asked Nina how the Metrocourt was and she said she's not staying there, she's staying "with Jay".    Which makes no sense since the last we saw Maxie/Nathan/Nina was when Nina fired her  and she refused to discuss it with Nathan.  But apparently she's staying with them, so Maxie would know that there's trouble in paradise.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Today, Valentin asked Nina how the Metrocourt was and she said she's not staying there, she's staying "with Jay".

If she needs somewhere to crash, she should throw Franco and Kiki out of the apartment she bought.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Linny said:

If I had never seen this show before and tuned in to see Franco telling Jake, "the toys can wait, I've got other ideas for how we can spend our time," my mind would go to a VERY bad place. Did nobody realize how creepy that line sounded? Especially since Franco looks every bit like a seedy character from an after school special.

Really though. Honestly, I feel like that was the line on purpose and that they were playing into how gross it sounds, which makes the whole thing even weirder. Or I don't know maybe they're just completely clueless about how that came off.

2 hours ago, Vella said:

The Charlotte actress is very sweet and natural.

I agree. I think she's quite good.

Sam sucks now. Everything that was interesting about her has been completely stripped away and she's just a stupid Stepford wife.  It's so sad.

Griffin was adorable with Liz. And I didn't hate Liz in those scenes. Why, why, WHY do they continue to do Franco/Liz when they have that right in front of them?

I loved Lulu's jacket today. I have mixed emotions on the custody thing. On the one hand, how did Lulu expect to get full custody? But on the other hand, Valentin is a criminal and he kept Charlotte from Lulu for like 10 years and his wife literally ripped a baby from a woman's womb and kidnapped her, so it's hard to accept that they're allowed full, physical custody.

I can't believe they're really trying a do a "Julian's dead" story. They have got to be fucking kidding me!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

These scripts could have been written before KSt took her leave of absence, and nobody tweaked them to reflect that. TFGH sloppiness.

Yeah. Someone posted on twitter a synopses from one of the mags that said there was a scene of Nina re-hiring Maxie and asking her to respect personal boundaries, and that she asked Nina to stay with them a bit. (Although that's stupid regardless, why would Nina stay in that tiny place with them?)

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved Lulu's jacket today. I have mixed emotions on the custody thing. On the one hand, how did Lulu expect to get full custody? But on the other hand, Valentin is a criminal and he kept Charlotte from Lulu for like 10 years and his wife literally ripped a baby from a woman's womb and kidnapped her, so it's hard to accept that they're allowed full, physical custody.

At least Valentin's crimes were brought up multiple times in dialogue even if the whole murder/kidnapping/hostage-taking things inexplicably weren't brought up in court. Nina's babynapping and official denial of being able to adopt wasn't ever referenced in dialogue and her crime directly endangered the welfare of a child.

• Love 7

Im so glad Sam isn't kissing her POS fathers behind. What has he done that makes him holding a knife to Alexis throat better???. 

I still dont get why he didn't tell anyone about OJ instead of months of him being coward and not doing anything.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Linny said:

It definitely made me shudder. I can't imagine why Liez lets Freako get around her sons. Even if Franco is kidding, that type of communication seems  inappropriate. The forceful way he flung the bag of inappropriate toys onto the table was intimidating, and he again crossed boundaries by insisting that it was time for Jake to have "art therapy" that Freako is not professionally qualified to give. The whole interaction screams "danger," and "grooming by a predator," but Liez is too mesmerized by Franco's sexuality to see it. I wonder if she will leave the bedroom door ajar again as she did on one occasion when she and Freako were in bed together.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Elizabeth and Griffin Scorpio was the way to go and this effing show should have killed off Franco last year.

Jelly hijacked Elizabeth's rape story and now their hijacking Jake's time on CI for that not needed Franco.  FV has got to goooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I just thought, "For a Quartermaine, Dillon's a particularly bad liar." 

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

At least Valentin's crimes were brought up multiple times in dialogue even if the whole murder/kidnapping/hostage-taking things inexplicably weren't brought up in court. Nina's babynapping and official denial of being able to adopt wasn't ever referenced in dialogue and her crime directly endangered the welfare of a child.

I can't stand that this story. There's no way Diane wouldn't have Ava, Kiki, Michael, and Franco testify about Nina forcing Avery's birth and then kidnapping her and taking her out of the country. They also should have had Kevin testify about being shot, and Ava testifying about Nik's death. Family court is different. They take more information into account, for the sake of the child. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

I can't stand that this story. There's no way Diane wouldn't have Ava, Kiki, Michael, and Franco testify about Nina forcing Avery's birth and then kidnapping her and taking her out of the country. They also should have had Kevin testify about being shot, and Ava testifying about Nik's death. Family court is different. They take more information into account, for the sake of the child. 

I literally can't think of a reason why none of these things were done. Lulu had a slam-dunk case that the parent Charlotte was with wasn't fit.

• Love 3

Lulu screwed herself over the custody. She freaked out and bombed every chance she had with the kid. She shot herself in the foot. Unless she could prove that Valentin was a direct danger to Charlotte,  she was nuts to firmly believe that she would get custody. Supervised visitation isn't a bad thing here. Lulu has unintentionally hurt Charlotte multiple times. Lulu needs a bridge. A supervisor should help.

Nina should've been the other entanglement for Valentin,  but the show seems to want to forget about nuts Nina.

The other issue I had is that it was weird for the whole psychiatrist deal, court date, and  judgment was all in one day.

1 hour ago, backhometome said:

Im so glad Sam isn't kissing her POS fathers behind. What has he done that makes him holding a knife to Alexis throat better???. 

I still dont get why he didn't tell anyone about OJ instead of months of him being coward and not doing anything.

Too bad Sam can't do the same with Sonny, Carly and OldSchool!Jason.

Why can't we have nice things like Liz/Griffin? 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, stlbf said:

Lulu has unintentionally hurt Charlotte multiple times.

Lulu has been pushy with the kid she was deprived of for 10 years. She's annoying but she's a stable parent of one child and is married to a police officer.

Valentin knowingly kept Lulu away from her daughter, held a group of people hostage (for no reason, since he apparently had Mikko's will), shot Kevin, murdered his nephew and then moved into his murder victim's house. Even if the charges were thrown out due to a technicality, the family court would care. Also? He is knowingly exposing his daughter to a dangerous, unstable woman with a history of crime and violence regarding children. 

These things are not equivalent.  

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

So.  Molly and Kristina (not to mention Lucas) meet their niece off screen and give her gifts.  But Liz gives Sam one ONSCREEN?

I will say this until I am blue in the face.  THESE TWO SHOULD NOT BE FRIENDS.   Just stop it show. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Lulu has been pushy with the kid she was deprived of for 10 years. She's annoying but she a stable parent of one child and is married to a police officer.

Valentin knowingly kept Lulu away from her daughter, held a group of people hostage (for no reason, since he apparently had Mikko's will), shot Kevin, murdered his nephew and then moved into his murder victim's house. Even if the charges were thrown out due to a technicality? The family court would care. Also? He is knowingly exposing his daughter to a dangerous, unstable woman with a history of crime and violence regarding children. 

Not to mention he stole her egg from the woman who originally stole her egg. How is this not an issue Diane Effing Miller brings up in court?

2 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

So.  Molly and Kristina (not to mention Lucas) meet their niece off screen and give her gifts.  But Liz gives Sam one ONSCREEN?

I will say this until I am blue in the face.  THESE TWO SHOULD NOT BE FRIENDS.   Just stop it show. 

<small voice> I want them to be friends. I am tired of Liz pining after Jason. I want her to try to make amends. I liked the baby book scene, today. I will go away now. Sorry. </small voice>

• Love 3
Just now, Oracle42 said:

They're just building up to Sam beicong the Maid of Honor at Liz's wedding to Franco

I will never understand why Jelly seem to be obsessed with making Liz and Sam friendly. So of course it must have to do with some Franco agenda.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, General Days said:

<small voice> I want them to be friends. I am tired of Liz pining after Jason. I want her to try to make amends. I liked the baby book scene, today. I will go away now. Sorry. </small voice>

You don't have to be sorry!  LOL, it's your opinion no need to apologize for it.

And to be clear, I am not putting it all on Liz.  BOTH women have done bad shit to each other.   I don't want them pulling each other's hair out every time they see each other, but this bff shit just rings false.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Lulu has been pushy with the kid she was deprived of for 10 years. She's annoying but she a stable parent of one child and is married to a police officer.

Valentin knowingly kept Lulu away from her daughter, held a group of people hostage (for no reason, since he apparently had Mikko's will), shot Kevin, murdered his nephew and then moved into his murder victim's house. Even if the charges were thrown out due to a technicality? The family court would care. Also? He is knowingly exposing his daughter to a dangerous, unstable woman with a history of crime and violence regarding children. 

I don't understand why none of this was brought up in FAMILY court. Even if he escaped criminal charges, the acts still happened. Lulu's brother is still dead at Valentin's hand and Kevin still has a bullet wound and a scar. Spencer was still almost kidnapped. Nina still went to a mental hospital because of her actions with Ava and Avery - heck, Dante was the arresting officer!

Andre says his role wasn't to pass judgment on Valentin but to consider what was in the best interest of the child? In this particular case passing judgement on Valentin is by definition in the best interest of Charlotte.

• Love 11