Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, LeftPhalange said:

RP and KSt need to go on a vacation to an ABC Family show and never come back. 

Valentine should have Claud killed.

Kiki and her rapist serial killer best friend are sickening. Also, Jelly can fuck right off by having Freako keep quiet about Alexis possibly killing Tom because he supposedly feels bad about what he did to Sam.

The Alexis/Julian scenes were...I can't. Stop this.

LOL at the picture of young WD being used as a picture for young Julian. Jelly fail at every level.

I wish Sonny would just have Nelly killed and stop with all of the unnecessary drama.

This is a great post. Right on! Am beginning to hate Naxie, and Kiki confiding in Freako is unbearable torture,. almost amounting to trolling by the writers. Two insipid minds. TOO MUCH FREAKO. This show is turning into Freako's; he is becoming the center, drawn into the Alexis and Julian story, being the Keek's confidant, Liez's would-be lover; Scotty's son and client; adored by Liez's kids. Even Jordan and Dante get in on the Freako stage by investigating his apartment for evidence. This show is now Freako hell [ glugs alcoholic drink with shaking hands].

Greasy, slimy hair hanging in the eyes.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Jordan said that it's hard to believe anyone who could paint it could be capable of murder, but the painting of Liz gives me definite "this person could totally have murdered someone" vibes.

Well, it's all so stupid. Yes, art can be psychologically revealing in some sharply circumscribed ways, if you know what to look for, but I hope Jordan/Dante do not really think one kind of person makes a pretty picture and another kind of person makes a scary picture, and it's that simple. This show itself is often disturbing, but I doubt anyone associated with it is on a killing spree. Other than, you know, the daytime-genre killing spree.  

As to the painting, I don't find it especially ominous or anything, but it isn't that great, which makes it par for the course for "in-world" General Hospital art (you and I, ulkis, have reminisced before about the horror that was Liz's painting of the JJ Lucky). This one looks like someone's version of Elizabeth if Becky Herbst looked her age and then some. In fact, it looks like "The role of Elizabeth Webber will now be played by Robin Christopher." 

Hmmph, I don't like Julian roughing up gruff bartender. Mean. Although yay for hitting Franco with - I couldn't see what he hit him with. A whooshful of air.

That was notably badly faked.

Other thoughts on today: I like Valentin and Anna as antagonists. I always like Laura and Liz, and Scott and Franco were good again.

I'm okay with Liz in this story. Becky is doing the best job possible at least in getting the character's point of view across. She is disturbed by the dog-crate fun times, and actually seeing the crate brings that back, but she does believe he didn't commit the murder (and we know she's right). So seeing the dog crate rattles her, and she knows Jordan and Dante can tell she's rattled, so she defaults to this insolence and self-righteousness to bluff through it, and then gets the hell out of there. She wasn't wrong. They aren't investigating a case of false imprisonment; they aren't following up on a report from Tom Baker that someone made him miss his parole hearing by locking him up. They're investigating a murder.  

NLG has been accused of overacting the frantic drunk Alexis, but what makes that supportable is the rest of the performance, the parts when Alexis is functional. NLG actually kind of broke my heart today, when Alexis was talking to Laura and said she feels as though she has let a lot of people down. It's easier for Alexis to deal with someone like Julian or Ava saying "You're a drunk" than it is to come face to face with a person who still thinks of her as "the old Alexis," the no-nonsense, competent, reliable professional woman. She is getting something from Laura that she doesn't truly earn anymore, because Laura doesn't know the half of it. She wants to be again a person others can think well of. (Now, please, Alexis, get your goddamned bangs out of your eyes. Kthanks!) 

And, finally, Nathan, Maxie, and Lulu. There. I acknowledged them.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6

LOL at Alexis skulking around GH wearing giant sunglasses. I also liked Gene walking through the swinging door and walking right back out as soon as he saw Franco. Hee.

Laura's hair looked terrible, like it hadn't been washed in a few days. Liz's hair wasn't so great, either. Is there a water problem at the GH studio?

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Alexis skulking around GH wearing giant sunglasses. I also liked Gene walking through the swinging door and walking right back out as soon as he saw Franco. Hee.

Oh yeah! That was funny. Everyone should do that when they see Franco.

• Love 7

I'm LOL'ing at the unintentional comedy gold of the last shot of the episode being a close-up of Franco's cell phone being close to drowning or hypothermia.  Not Franco, but his phone.  

Poor phone.  That's right up there with the poor chocolate cake that Kannie stabbed to death. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

a close-up of Franco's cell phone being close to drowning or hypothermia.  Not Franco, but his phone.  

Poor phone.  

Look at it from the phone's POV - drowning/hypothermia or more of being attached to/used by Franco? Easy choice, there ya go.  :P

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

Did Julian actually order him to get Franco or did Minion act on his own? I missed a scene.

If I recall correctly, I think Julian made a phone call and said "do it". This was probably answered already but I haven't read everything here yet.

I'm not taking a side here but I can't help but giggle at the dog cage and collar automatically being assumed it was definitely for Tom, maybe Franco and Liz go all 50 shades of crazy sex or they belong to some BDSM club or something. And I read way too many "romance" novels and know way too many authors who write about that sort of thing.

I'll show myself out the door now :)

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

NLG has been accused of overacting the frantic drunk Alexis, but what makes that supportable is the rest of the performance, the parts when Alexis is functional.

This I definitely agree with. NLG is doing some really great work. She's also doing some spectacularly bad work imo, but still!

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I also liked Gene walking through the swinging door and walking right back out as soon as he saw Franco. Hee.

Best part of the ep for sure. Gene's my new fave!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Look at it from the phone's POV - drowning/hypothermia or more of being attached to/used by Franco? Easy choice, there ya go.  :P

Perhaps the phone is just cleaning the hair gel off of itself.

• Love 6

I don't understand what TPTB is trying to do with this Charlotte story. Lulu is "right" in that she is Charlotte's bio mom and Charlotte deserves to know that truth (and if it was up to Valentin and Nina solely, they'd never tell Charlotte), but she is going about this all wrong. Fighting for full custody first when both Dante and Laura have told her to slow down and let Charlotte get to know her, and now wanting to tell Charlotte about her being her bio mom the second Claudette is dead. Charlotte doesn't know Lulu, Lulu needs to SLOW down and think about how Charlotte must feel having a revolving door of parents.

Are they still trying to say, by the way, that Claudette was Charlotte's "mom" and raised her? Because they can't have it both ways. Either Claudette went on the run with Charlotte and raised her away from Valentin, or Valentin was her papa and the only parent Charlotte knows. Claudette/Valentin didn't play happy family and raise her together, that's for sure.

• Love 10

"Maybe Charlotte will feel better about losing Claudette if she knows I'm her real mother." Damn, Lulu, just because you and Claudette are both annoying blondes doesn't mean you're interchangeable. Charlotte's still going to be sad that Claudette is dead. Lulu is going to be the kind of parent who replaces her kid's dead hamster with another one, thinking that the kid won't catch on.

Alexis put on her extra shuddery voice and wiped away nonexistent tears in order to recap her plot from the past several months. It wasn't any more interesting the second time around. 

Of course Nathan is secretly planning the perfect wedding for Maxie. Maybe the Tree will branch out from detective work and moonlight as a party planner.

Franco fully wrapped in bubble wrap is one of the more bizarre images this show has presented me with.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 6

Nathan gushing (or a wooden approximation of gushing) that he was happy he could count on big sister Nina made me miss Britt. #westsibs4life #fucknina

So presumably Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig were about to do it for the first time and it's off-screen?  What a weird choice for a fuckin' soap opera.

Liz is rapidly becoming insufferable.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Of course Nathan is secretly planning the perfect wedding for Maxie. Maybe the Tree will branch out from detective work and moonlight as a party planner.

Nathan would actually be kind of an interesting character if the kind of cop he was was the bachelorette party stripper kind. That would be a cool boyfriend for Maxie to have. Like if it was kinda acknowledged on-screen that he was a piece of man meat, that would be fun. Can you imagine him just strolling in, shirt unbuttoned, saying "hey babe, got back from my latest gig." 

I get what they're doing with the Lulu story. If Lulu weren't acting impulsive there'd be no story. I don't care, but I get where people are coming from. Unfortunately, the writing and the acting isn't nuanced enough to make Lulu more sympathetic.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lulu is going to be the kind of parent who replaces her kid's dead hamster with another one, thinking that the kid won't catch on.

She learned parenting from Patrick Drake. Replace and Recycle!

• Love 5

Because of high winds, our cable box kept cutting out during today's show....or so we thought.  Mr. Moving has come to the conclusion that this show is SO bad that the cable box has become disgusted and in an act of protest is shutting itself off.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So presumably Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig were about to do it for the first time and it's off-screen?  What a weird choice for a fuckin' soap opera.

It was much more important that we watch an over-40 man who's being dressed like a poor man's version of a hipster artist and  who delivers his serious lines in a voice that sounds like he's being a smart-ass writhe on a floor and wrap himself in bubble wrap for his Emmy reel.

/bitter sarcasm

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, rur said:

It was much more important that we watch an over-40 man who's being dressed like a poor man's version of a hipster artist and  who delivers his serious lines in a voice that sounds like he's being a smart-ass writhe on a floor and wrap himself in bubble wrap for his Emmy reel.

/bitter sarcasm

such a weird obsession with having RoHo get wrapped up in things (Todd also got wrapped up in duct tape). Why? WHY do they think this is hilarious?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm surprised Franco didn't start eating the bubble wrap.  Maybe that's Monday. #eyeroll

They seem to think just because it's RoHo doing it it's comic gold. I do think some of his lines are genuinely funny. He said something to Scotty yesterday about what greeting should he give him and I thought it was funny. But they seem to think him flailing his arms is amazing. Physical comedy is not his forte.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Really though. I mean I didn't really need to see it since I find ME's approach to kissing/sexy times very unappealing, but still it is indeed a very strange choice for a soap. But if they wanna keep the Franco/Liz sex that's surely coming off screen then they can feel free!

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I just want to take a moment to appreciate the look on Dante's face when Jordan said Franco's Liz painting was beautiful:

Untitled_zpssxlkl2vz.png

I love this!

I genuinely don't remember what happened in this ep lol. The only thing I really remember is that Maxie was wearing a dress I have on Covet.

• Love 3

Lulu tells Valentin he has no conscience because he isn't upset about Claud being dead, then she turns around and says maybe Charlotte will feel less sad about Claud being dead if she knows Lulu is her "real" mother. I hate her so much right now. I want her to walk in on Charlotte calling Nina mommy. 

I wish Maxie and Tree would just take their stupid asses down to city hall and get married and STFU.

Alexis has killed or tried to kill several people so I don't know why she's so broken up over possibly killing Tom, especially if he tried to attack her. 

STFU Liez.

STFU Kiki.

Why is RoHo doing this? Why are the writes doing this? Do they think this is funny?

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I want [Lulu] to walk in on Charlotte calling Nina mommy. 

Oh, I never thought about this but now that you've mentioned it I would be surprised if they don't do it.

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something about RoHo leaning into his shtick and the show wallowing in it is actually kinda sad to me.

Yea really. RoHo has become quite pathetic to me. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Alexis has killed or tried to kill several people so I don't know why she's so broken up over possibly killing Tom, especially if he tried to attack her. 

For the same mystery reason that losing the Julian lovin' is what caused her to turn to the bottle.

Why is RoHo doing this? Why are the writes doing this? Do they think this is funny?

I don't know, his scenes were completely pointless today. It's not even like when Sam was in the basement and we saw the heater was getting close to blowing up. They just showed him. That's it.

When everyone kept saying Maxie deserved perfection I felt like @HeatLifer did everytime someone said Sam and Patrick deserved to be happy. Okay maybe not that much rage but god damn it, her wedding is delayed for a bit and she's moping hardcore about it. They shoulda said she was PMSing to boot lol.

I guess I'm feeling kind of generous, because I thought Nathan's excitement AND Dillon doing the little awkward dance after Nina left the outer office was cute/funny.

Can no one take the two seconds it would take to tell HE (the Kiki actress) to stop tilting her head to the side when she's talking to someone?

Damn it, I really wish there was an ice rink. Watching Easton hoist RB over ice several times would have been the true comedy gold. The coat looked good on him though.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I get what they're doing with the Lulu story. If Lulu weren't acting impulsive there'd be no story. I don't care, but I get where people are coming from. Unfortunately, the writing and the acting isn't nuanced enough to make Lulu more sympathetic.

So much this. Lulu's impulsiveness isn't the problem, it's that they're having her go nuclear (i.e., full custody) immediately. It's that she says stuff like Charlotte knowing Lulu is her real mom will dry up those tears for Claudette. These are not ways to make me want Lulu to have a place in Charlotte's life. Instead, these are ways to make me want Lulu to see every single time Charlotte hugs Nina and says how much she loves her.

• Love 3

I actually get wanting full custody immediately. In Lulu's mind, Valentin is straight-up bad. Charlotte will be sad but you don't leave a kid in the arms of a psychopath (as Lulu thinks) just because otherwise she'll be sad.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

OMG. I thought it was supposed to be dramatic. Seriously.  It's even worse if it was supposed to be humor.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Random thought: Did anyone thing there was anything odd about the house conversation between Maxie and Nathan, and, it's kinda weird how Hayden and Finn don't get that much. I wonder if JE is retiring and that led to some re-working of Hayden and Finn.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

it's kinda weird how Hayden and Finn don't get that much. I wonder if JE is retiring and that led to some re-working of Hayden and Finn.

I wasn't as in to them as others, but the show has definitely squandered whatever momentum Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton had going.  The whole story with her getting sick with his SUPER DUDLY DISEASE was a big dud, IMO.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Isn't Franco's studio formerly Sabrina's apartment?

Which used to be Elizabeth's art studio.  I missed the studio because that is where Elizabeth declared her independence from Audrey in 1999 and where Liason fell in love!

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nathan gushing (or a wooden approximation of gushing) that he was happy he could count on big sister Nina made me miss Britt. #westsibs4life #fucknina

Liz is rapidly becoming insufferable.

Good.  It's the one bright light in a shitty story for an eighteen year vet to be stuck on prop duty with Franco and HateChel.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

They seem to think just because it's RoHo doing it it's comic gold. I do think some of his lines are genuinely funny. He said something to Scotty yesterday about what greeting should he give him and I thought it was funny. But they seem to think him flailing his arms is amazing. Physical comedy is not his forte.

RoHo spends most of his time acting like he's still on OLTL as Todd Manning.  

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something about RoHo leaning into his shtick and the show wallowing in it is actually kinda sad to me.

I think they know RoHo can only play Todd Manning and this regime can't seem to figure out how to write for Franco Franks (JF's version).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Random thought: Did anyone thing there was anything odd about the house conversation between Maxie and Nathan, and, it's kinda weird how Hayden and Finn don't get that much. I wonder if JE is retiring and that led to some re-working of Hayden and Finn.

JE should have had her own ELQ story months ago if she's retiring and not on prop duty for Finn/HateChel.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wasn't as in to them as others, but the show has definitely squandered whatever momentum Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton had going.  The whole story with her getting sick with his SUPER DUDLY DISEASE was a big dud, IMO.

I think Finn and HateChel are both duds and a waste of contract money, that should go to recurring vets (Ric, Lucy, Scotty, Mac, Felicia or Piph, Lucas and Felix).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Damn it, I really wish there was an ice rink. Watching Easton hoist RB over ice several times would have been the true comedy gold. The coat looked good on him though.

I was hoping they'd bust out RB's Skating with the Stars moves.  Since we've been told she can't skate, I guess it's not to be.  Alas.

I enjoy Finn/Hayden, but do agree it was a strange choice to have their first time off camera.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

When everyone kept saying Maxie deserved perfection I felt like @HeatLifer did everytime someone said Sam and Patrick deserved to be happy. Okay maybe not that much rage but god damn it, her wedding is delayed for a bit and she's moping hardcore about it. They shoulda said she was PMSing to boot lol.

Sam and Patrick deserved a bowl of trash.

Watching people put on ice skates outside that coffee shop (or whatever it is), and then return from talked-about ice skating that was said to be good or bad...God, General Hospital, give me another reason to want winter to be over, why don't you? It's almost making me miss "the park." At least there, there was the potential for Kristina's beard to show up in gym shorts, pretending to have been running.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

Maxie's fabulous wedding decorations looked like Nathan and crew bought out the dollar store.  A few feathers and some beaded curtains really aren't going to cut it.  Fortunately, she's at the airport.

They should have gone the rehab route or private sessions with Kevin or Andre.  The people at the meeting are not her lawyer or priest, and though there is an assumption of anonymity/confidentiality, blurting out that you hit someone with your car (and worse!) should get you a visit from the police.  As for the group, having the "beautiful people" interact with the "dull normals" is very jarring on this show.

• Love 2

On the one hand, I thought NLG did a great job again with Alexis's AA meeting, and I also liked the performance of that guy (older, African-American) who was doing the rest of the talking at the meeting.  

On the other hand, it teetered on the brink of Unintentional Comedy Gold. Does anyone else here watch Curb Your Enthusiasm? Remember the episode where Larry goes along with a female friend to a sexual-abuse survivors' group, even though it isn't an issue for him, just because the friend insists she needs someone she knows to sit by her? And there's the other woman played by Laraine Newman who has this long, detailed story of childhood abuse, from numerous relatives, and she says, "Then I have some more things to talk about, from later, but I can get into that next time"? And you know the issue is not funny, but...  

That. I was just putting myself in the head-spaces of these day-player alcoholics, like, "Christ, we hit the jackpot today!" I think the near-humor value of it came from the improbable soap-opera horror show of Alexis's last year dumped into this very realistic portrayal of a support group. I was half-expecting her to start talking about the cursed dagger.   

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Can no one take the two seconds it would take to tell HE (the Kiki actress) to stop tilting her head to the side when she's talking to someone?

She's more than 50 % parrot. "Kiki want a cracker?"

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Maxie's fabulous wedding decorations looked like Nathan and crew bought out the dollar store.  A few feathers and some beaded curtains really aren't going to cut it.  

Right. That was embarrassing. It was even worse because the first wedding actually looked really nice.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't understand why Maxie and Tree aren't getting married in a forest. 

How would Maxie know which tree was her fiancé?  She could end up marrying a spruce instead.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

The people at the meeting are not her lawyer or priest, and though there is an assumption of anonymity/confidentiality, blurting out that you hit someone with your car (and worse!) should get you a visit from the police. 

IRL, I think the confidentiality aspect of AA is respected by the courts, though there's some uncertainty if AA is considered on par with a religious organization and there is legal protection. It seems to be something of a gray area. If someone records an AA meeting (a violation of the confidentiality assumption, of course, but people are assholes), that can be likely used against you. But I think if someone went to the police and said, "Alexis Davis confessed to a crime in an AA meeting," the police would be reluctant to follow that direction. (RL police, of course, not the PCPD.)

13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

On the one hand, I thought NLG did a great job again with Alexis's AA meeting 

I had a hard time understanding her in quite a few places because of her choke-sobbing the words. It was a tad overdone. I knew the gist of it, though. I wish she hadn't been holding her coat and bag when she was standing. I wasn't sure if that was to signal she was thisclose to ditching the meeting, or she wanted to use them as a shield/comfort, or what. 

• Love 2

I get that it's different stories and different writers and different motivations, but is anyone else annoyed Alexis' alcoholism gets tearful, Emmy bait scenes while AJ's alcoholism gets dismissed at weakness from a fatty?  

• Love 14