Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! Perhaps if you've been especially good this year you'll find the daughter you never knew you had, connect with a mysterious kidney donor, or receive your desired paternity test results. And for those of you who only wish for Franco to disappear, well, Santa and his elves haven't figured out how to make that happen yet.

• Love 18

I asked my friend who usually likes all things Liz how she feels about Franco/Liz now. I think she was kinda liking them before:

"Dude needs to cut his hair. I am over them. I wish she'd hook up with griffin. He needs some action."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think it was to shove Nelly back into Sonny's orbit, so we could watch him squirm at having to hold hands with her.  He desperately tried to get Kristina to sit beside him, but she said no.

Not gonna lie, that cracked me up.

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When Monica was going on and on about miracles, and all the other BS, and they kept switching back to Sonny's home, I really thought the episode would end with Morgan staggering in somewhere.   Talk about anvils.  I'm surprised they resisted it. 

Right! I so thought Morgan was about to be revealed as alive somewhere.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I asked my friend who usually likes all things Liz how she feels about Franco/Liz now. I think she was kinda liking them before:

"Dude needs to cut his hair. I am over them. I wish she'd hook up with griffin. He needs some action."

I should ask the woman I know who was shipping them how she feels about them now. I'm curious.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm confused as to why mobster Sonny doesn't just have Nelly killed. Or at least threaten her into STFU and leaving town.

Just tell Carly the frickin' truth. Thinking he slept with Nelle is hardly the worst thing he's done to Carly. Besides, she confessed to kissing Jax, and she and Sonny were on a break. The stakes of this thing could not be lower!

• Love 8
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Just tell Carly the frickin' truth. Thinking he slept with Nelle is hardly the worst thing he's done to Carly. Besides, she confessed to kissing Jax, and she and Sonny were on a break.

They were separated, and Carly had moved out of the house.

On 12/22/2016 at 0:55 PM, TeeVee329 said:

And this apparently is the only sin Franco thinks he has to weigh on the moral scale.  Not getting Michael raped, not strapping Sam and Lulu to bombs, not stabbing Heather, not kidnapping Ava's baby, not blackmailing Olivia, etc.

What he did to Sam was horrible, but it wasn't the only horrible thing he's done.  And he's done a number sans tumor!

Yes, but Saint Sam the Eternally Perfect is the only person who counts on this fakakta show, or haven't you noticed?

On 12/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I like Kiki and Dillon together.  She is so much more likeable when she is with Dillion than she ever was with Morgan.

Everybody seemed to side-eye SOD when they named Kiki and Dillon the best couple on GH this year, but really, they were.  For one thing, TPTB actually seemed to put in an effort to actually build this relationship up.  Of course, the second this couple took off, the wrecking crew went to work...

On 12/22/2016 at 4:36 PM, Perkie said:

Alexis/Julian:  I just can't with these two.  What is the point?  They are not star crossed lovers, he tried to freakin' kill her, no matter how much they want to paint themselves out of that corner now, by blaming it on some big bad.  

... see Exhibit #1 as to what the GH Wrecking Crew does to viable couples!  They had a pretty popular pairing that was working, so what do they do?  They destroy it beyond all repair and then half-ass a "reconciliation"!

This show.  This fucking show.

On 12/22/2016 at 4:41 PM, dubbel zout said:

It's only because Hayden is near death. They'll start bitching at each other again soon enough. It's what women do, you know.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Liz and Hayden have a Snarky Sister relationship, especially because both actresses do so well with that type of material.  However, it's a given the so-called "writers" can't even begin to do something like this properly, so I guess it's best they don't try.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:39 AM, NutmegsDad said:

Work with the WSB. Heck, this would be an opportunity for a Marvel crossover.

Marvel does movies and TV shows where relationships are a core part of the drama, which is anathema to GH.

On 12/23/2016 at 3:35 PM, Vella said:

I really hate the show using Emma like this. She's 10 and yet she's coming across as a user and complete phony.

She's her father's daughter.

20 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm confused as to why mobster Sonny doesn't just have Nelly killed. 

He only reserves that tactic for the mothers of his children.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanuukah, Wonderful Winter Solstice, Cheerful Kwanzaa, and Fraught Festivua to everybody here at PTV!  :D

• Love 5

A twitter comment regarding FV and Jelly doing BH dirty with this Tom Baker story is right on the mark.  I don't understand why ANYONE would think Elizabeth / BH being paired with Franco / RoHo is a good thing, when they used her popularity to make fans want to keep FV's pet.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Darklazr said:

A twitter comment regarding FV and Jelly doing BH dirty with this Tom Baker story is right on the mark.  I don't understand why ANYONE would think Elizabeth / BH being paired with Franco / RoHo is a good thing, when they used her popularity to make fans want to keep FV's pet.  

I don't think FV sees the character of Franco like a bunch of others do. I think he believes RoHo is soap royalty and BH is lucky to be paired with him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't think FV sees the character of Franco like a bunch of others do. I think he believes RoHo is soap royalty and BH is lucky to be paired with him.

FV isn't stupid and knows very well that there are GH fans that hate Franco.  Otherwise, why did RC come up with that BS retconn tumor crap?  Why end Cranco for another round of CarSon?  Why is Jelly and FV working over time to get those pesky SamFF and JaSamFF off their backs by having Franco apologize three years later at least twice to Sam?  

Franco is an expensive turd.

As an Elizabeth/BH fan, I know she wanted to work with RoHo, but the character wouldn't spit on Franco if he was on fire!

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And it doesn't matter what character he plays—it's Roger Howarth, everybody!

RoHo plays some version of Todd Manning no matter the show!

• Love 1

don't think FV sees the character of Franco like a bunch of others do. I think he believes RoHo is soap royalty and BH is lucky to be paired with him.

I think that Roho was fine as being the bad guy on this soap when he came here.  Unfortunately, Luke and Sonny had already cemented that position.  The problem is that Franco isn't the 'bad' guy, he is the disgusting guy.  How great of an actor do you have to be to play 'disgusting'?

Roho can leave tomorrow and take Frank, any Corinthii, and Nina with him.  Go play on another soap.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Right, Dante, interview Elizabeth and Franco together. And then leave them alone in the middle so they can get their stories straight. That's some crack police work there. 

He should be fired and get a new job out of town. Lulu will of course go with him.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

FV isn't stupid and knows very well that there are GH fans that hate Franco.  Otherwise, why did RC come up with that BS retconn tumor crap?  Why end Cranco for another round of CarSon?  Why is Jelly and FV working over time to get those pesky SamFF and JaSamFF off their backs by having Franco apologize three years later at least twice to Sam?

Of course there are fans who hate Franco. There are fans who hate any character. And other characters have gotten whitewash treatment, as well. TPTB are working overtime on Franco because they love RoHo and Sam fans can be loud on social media. There is a reason why they're trying to make Franco right with Sam's character and not Michael.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

TPTB are working overtime on Franco because they love RoHo and Sam fans can be loud on social media. There is a reason why they're trying to make Franco right with Sam's character and not Michael.

I don't think Jelly care about Sam or her fans and I doubt there are many fans buying what they're selling. Freako's first half assed apology to Sam was crap and he only did it to score points with Liez. His second apology wasn't even to Sam, it was to a hallucination. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't think Jelly care about Sam or her fans and I doubt there are many fans buying what they're selling. Freako's first half assed apology to Sam was crap and he only did it to score points with Liez. His second apology wasn't even to Sam, it was to a hallucination. 

Oh, I think they care a lot. They are trying to make things right. It's not working for a lot of fans and never will, but it's what they're doing.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, I think they care a lot. They are trying to make things right. It's not working for a lot of fans and never will, but it's what they're doing.

It would not shock me, at this point, if they end up having her investigate to clear Franco's name in Tom's death.  That is exactly the kind of shit this show would do.  

• Love 8

GH has spent YEARS worth of time whitewashing vile actions. Julian, Franco, Sonny, Jason, Carly etc.  They all get the same treatment. What the writers never learn to do is not write characters doing awful things FIRST.  If they would just do that, so much of everything else would be okay.

• Love 9

The Nelle/Michael scenes are so stilted. She's been around the Corinthii enough that she should realize having lots of money doesn't mean you don't have lots of problems. She's old enough to know better. Gah. 

News flash, Nelle: Sentimental value isn't limited to the poors. This writing is not making me sympathetic toward her.

It's so aggravating to watch them try to turn the Nelle/Sonny thing into some big betrayal of Carly. Aggravating and boring.

5 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

It would not shock me, at this point, if they end up having her investigate to clear Franco's name in Tom's death.  That is exactly the kind of shit this show would do.

Ugh, totally. Elizabeth needs to know for herself that Franco has her best interests at heart. He said he loved her!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't see why they would care about making things right with Sam/KeMo fans specifically since Sam isn't stuck with him and they share few scenes. If they were going to target a particular fanbase it would be the Liz/Herbst one. And if they really did care I feel like they might try a bit harder. I mean, I know their talents are extremely limited, but they can't seriously think a half apology and an apology to a hallucination is going to sway many people. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I see something more along the lines of Franco saving Sam and/or the baby.

Just now, LeftPhalange said:

I don't see why they would care about making things right with Sam/KeMo fans specifically since Sam isn't stuck with him and they share few scenes. If they were going to target a particular fanbase it would be the Liz/Herbst one. And if they really did care I feel like they might try a bit harder. I mean, I know their talents are extremely limited, but they can't seriously think a half apology and an apology to a hallucination is going to sway many people. 

I don't think the Franco/Sam stuff is over.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so aggravating to watch them try to turn the Nelle/Sonny thing into some big betrayal of Carly. Aggravating and boring.

10 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

When Carly finds out Sonny fake cheated on her I hope she doesn't even bother getting mad. Just burn down his house with him and Nelly inside and move on. She's been through much worse with this asshole.

• Love 2

We need a drinking game where we take a shot every time Morgan's name is mentioned.

Michael calls his family the Quartermaines.  How you F A M I L Y?   Pisses me off that Sonny still runs free with Michael's blessing after the life time of torture and finally murder of AJ.  Maybe it's better that  Michael keeps his distance--better for the Quatermaines.

Blah show today.

• Love 6

When Michael was talking like some deluded motivational speaker 'I choose 3 things that make me happy' it was the PERFECT time for him to reflect that despite all that wealth, his childhood was not good. Violence, both from outside elements due to Sonny and within his own home, again due to the volatility of S&C's relationship. Being denied half of his family for most of his life. Being denied his father. His father being murdered by Sonny and covered up by Carly. Carly's general unwillingness to put Michael's welfare before her own needs his entire life. Being shot in the head and in a coma for over a year. Going to prison for murdering someone while defending his mother and baby sister's lives. Being raped. Etc, etc, etc.

I would imagine Nelle's 'I grew up poor' would pale in comparison to Michael's list of horrible childhood events. But GH writers won't touch a semi-interesting story with a 100ft pole. Instead Michael yakks like some sort of deranged Tony Robbins life guru.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I disagree.  Jelly and FV have been working overtime to give SamFF and JaSamFF a relationship and new baby when they can barely raise Danny.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I disagree.  Jelly and FV have been working overtime to give SamFF and JaSamFF a relationship and new baby when they can barely raise Danny.

Forget raising him, I think they can barely remember his name at this point.  

• Love 5

So Franco kidnapped and caged Tom, who was then murdered. Yet it's poor Franco who's going to be the victim because he was falsely accused of murdering Tom. This show is so unbelievably ugly. 

Nelle's baby toy has Caroline engraved on it. I don't have the energy to try to guess what that's supposed to mean. Just please don't let Nelle commit incest with Michael. 

I'm beyond tired of Julian and Alexis. Wake me up when she has scenes with someone else.

It's obvious Sonny and Carly will get back together two seconds before Nelle spills the secret. Even though I don't like Sonny, I still feel sorry for him because of how Nelle manipulated him. He clearly wants Carly back but any reconciliation is going to be ruined by something he didn't even do. He deserves the chance to fuck up on his own merit.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

So Franco kidnapped and caged Tom, who was then murdered. Yet it's poor Franco who's going to be the victim because he was falsely accused of murdering Tom. This show is so unbelievably ugly. 

Nelle's baby toy has Caroline engraved on it. I don't have the energy to try to guess what that's supposed to mean. Just please don't let Nelle commit incest with Michael. 

I'm beyond tired of Julian and Alexis. Wake me up when she has scenes with someone else.

It's obvious Sonny and Carly will get back together two seconds before Nelle spills the secret. Even though I don't like Sonny, I still feel sorry for him because of how Nelle manipulated him. He clearly wants Carly back but any reconciliation is going to be ruined by something he didn't even do. He deserves the chance to fuck up on his own merit.

Isn't Caroline Carly's real name?  

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

Isn't Caroline Carly's real name?  

It is.

I HOPE Nelle and Michael are related but I really think GH is trying to pair them.

If Julian wanted Alexis to kiss him before, maybe he could have scaled back on the sarcastic douchiness. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It is.

I HOPE Nelle and Michael are related but I really think GH is trying to pair them.

If Julian wanted Alexis to kiss him before, maybe he could have scaled back on the sarcastic douchiness. 

Sarcastic douche has become his new name.

So maybe Nelle has something to do with whomever raised Carly or the best friend she stole the name from way back when.

1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

That's not exactly a great story for them as characters or a couple.

• Love 1

When Carly finds out Sonny fake cheated on her I hope she doesn't even bother getting mad. Just burn down his house with him and Nelly inside and move on. She's been through much worse with this asshole.

Well, considering all the shit Carly has pulled since her debut, I personally see it as deserved karma, being shackled to his pathetic ass. Viva la difference. That said, they are beyond stale regardless, so the stakes withered and died...what, all the way back in 2001?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, considering all the shit Carly has pulled since her debut, I personally see it as deserved karma, being shackled to his pathetic ass. Viva la difference. That said, they are beyond stale regardless, so the stakes withered and died...what, all the way back in 2001?

Carly and Sonny deserve each other, however, the citizens of Port Charles and we the loyal views don't deserve having to watch these two.  Let them be together in all unholy glory somewhere else.  The fiery pits of Hell would be a fitting place but I am not sure Satan would let them in because he fears they would take the place over. 

• Love 7

I nearly had a rage blackout at Franco being butthurt over the possibility that Scotty believes he murdered Tom, but then I remembered I don't care enough about this shit show anymore to get angry.

This episode was so boring. I am amazed at how boring it was.

Dante looks fine lately though, so at least there was that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

So instead of going home to her children on Christmas Eve, Liez went to the police station with her filthy serial killer rapist boyfriend who possibly murdered someone. Of course she did. 

I'm not interested in Valentin's I grew up poor crap and I'm definitely not interested in it from Nelly. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm not interested in Valentin's I grew up poor crap and I'm definitely not interested in it from Nelly. 

Nelle and Valentin should have a "Whose childhood was worst?" competition. "I was poor!" "Well I was poorer and my real family was rich so it was doubly awful!" "My parents sold my kidney!" "I blew up my school because of my sadness!"

• Love 5

I didn't get a chance to watch, but since Tom locked Franco in that cage, have we seen or heard Tom do anything that would warrant him getting murder?  Way to go Jelly and FV, probably the most sympathetic person on this show is the dude that stranger!raped a 15 year old  and took nude pics of her friend. Why, because unlike everyone else on this show, he actually went to prison for 2 decades and seemed to be keeping his head down and living with his brother. Valentin, Nina, Ava, Sonny and his stupid manpain? Whiners. all of them. If Tom deserves a to die because he brutally raped Liz, then where is justice for Monica, whose child's murderer and tormentor walks around free and rich as hell?

I hope Tom's brother finds out about the cage incident and gives Franco the beating he deserves.  

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 15

Maybe they can add in that Paul escaped from prison and decided to kill Tom to make up to Elizabeth for almost killing her, because...commercial.

So Nelle's ugly rattle was Carly's.  And I'm still not interested.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I want to see how many love interests Michael gets before show realizes something ain't working.

Which is kind of why I'm hoping Chad leaves in the spring. Of course, if MB or whoever didn't want a recast, that would leave Dante as the only Sonny son, adoptive, biological, or otherwise, which probably wouldn't be a good thing. Now I'm torn!

• Love 1