Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Chloe Lanier should have stayed far away from GH after her successful run last year.  What in the blue blazes was this crap with the roofie?!  Really, show?!  We have two rapists in Franco and Tom on this show and now we have Nelle drugging old man Sonny, ewww.   We have Elizabeth worrying about a serial killing rapist like he is one of her children.  Nelle will probably get away with her roofie nonsense with a slap on the wrist or promoted by Carly.  

I don't think some (not all) of today's soap writers realize that times have changed and this constant need to write rape/sexual assault/roofie stories had better have someone end up in jail or dead.  I don't want to see a romance develop between Nelle and Michael.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

One good thing that could have come out of Alexis turning into a lush was if she had actually killed Julian. Alas, we can't have nice things. What a shitty pairing/story. Although GH excels at shitty.

It's another lazy AF story on this show, so why would Julian end up dead?  Kiki and Morgan should have died, while Sonny and Ava had to live with killing their kids.   Michael Quartermaine should have NEVER reconciled with CarSon.  There should have been NO bad guys (Elizabeth, Nik, Sam, Patrick, Robin) when everyone found out that Jake Doe was Jason and this story should have lasted for years!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

There should have been NO bad guys (Elizabeth, Nik, Sam, Patrick, Robin) when everyone found out that Jake Doe was Jason and this story should have lasted for years!

Gotta disagree here. I think most were already at the end of their rope in the time this travesty unfolded. Jake Doe should have never happened. And the triangle from the depths of hell had been done before and got old THEN.

Besides, all Liz/Jason does is make Liz look pathetic. Franco is just the new bottom.

I guess this show will forever have Liz be unlucky (pardon the unintentional pun) in love.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gotta disagree here. I think most were already at the end of their rope in the time this travesty unfolded. Jake Doe should have never happened. And the triangle from the depths of hell had been done before and got old THEN.

Besides, all Liz/Jason does is make Liz look pathetic. Franco is just the new bottom.

I guess this show will forever have Liz be unlucky (pardon the unintentional pun) in love.

I disagree.  On a real soap opera not named General Hospital, there was story for everyone that should have played out for years and the show chose the lazy ass route of trashing Elizabeth and Nik.  The major players, except for Robin had no idea that Jason was alive and had all moved on with their lives when the truth finally is revealed.  

• Love 3

Curtis was wrong to photographs those police files, but Val was the one who went snooping through his phone and saw the pictures. So dial back the self-righteous anger, Val. 

LOL at Ava's amazement someone might hit someone with a car and keep driving. You know she'd do that in a second depending on who she hit.

The Sonny/Nelle stuff is so, so stupid. He allows her to push his buttons with the Jax/Carly nonsense. Ugh. And the drugging is so, so gross. Just mentioning Jax will make Sonny drink himself into a stupor. Rape is not a plot point.

Hang on to that Sonny hate, Joss. Don't let anyone talk you out of it.

• Love 13

A lot of today was gross and unwatchable. And yet I still watched it, so I guess the joke's on me.

The only thing I liked was Ava's scenes with Julian. For their Jerome sibling dynamic and apparently it's the only time that Ava can manage to remember that she is a survivor. More of that please.

FFS, Frank. Stop being so cheap and get into this century with these kid's diversions. Not a single video game or phone game for any of them. It's just coloring/drawing, all the time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's a question - when's the last time on this alleged soap opera someone had sex?

Ugh, I think it was CarSon. No wonder everyone wants to forget.

EDIT: I guess it actually was Scott and Lucy.

Edited by tvgoddess
8 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Wait, hasn't Val and Curtis, also Jordan and Andre been featured for hookups?

In my mind, it's Jordan/Curtis/Hayden in a steamy love triangle, while Val/Julian hookup.  I don't know why either, but it'd be different.  Maybe Finn and Val can talk about all the dead people in their lives. 

• Love 1

am I legit seeing Liz talk to her rapist at SonnyBucks

Actually they were outside Kelly's.  And watching Liz fumble in her purse for her pepper spray was ridiculous.  I half expected her to ask him to hold onto a few things while she dug around in her purse.  And instead of running into Kelly's, presumably where there are people, she talks to him for an hour in the deserted entryway and then leaves by the back alley.  Street smarts, that Liz has 'em.

• Love 9
On 11/28/2016 at 10:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Ava's amazement someone might hit someone with a car and keep driving. You know she'd do that in a second depending on who she hit.

She shot Connie in the stomach and left her to bleed out, used Scummy to kill AJ after pinning Connie's murder on him AND she hit Jason with her car and drove off. Alllll the seats, Ava

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Random Monday thoughts:

- So Danny's Thanksgiving dinner was a banana split from Kelly's? Great parenting there, Sam and Jason--though, in their defense, they're just so consumed with feeling bad about Sonny that everything else takes a back seat.

- Nelle just happened to have a roofie in her back pocket?  Convenient.  Clearly the show wants us to think poor Nelle is being coerced into whatever cockamamie plan this is so that we'll love her when it's over.  However, given the horrible pacing, by the time said plan becomes apparent we'll have stopped caring.

- If only this wasn't Alexis' forty-seventh hit-and-run.  If only...

• Love 3

Andre is dead to me since he won't apologize for neglecting to give Jordan her phone message. A highly trained psychiatrist wouldn't do such a petty thing.

If Carly doesn't walk in on Sonny and Nelle to seal the deal, Nelle needs to leave her black lace underwear or bra somewhere in the bed linens so Carly can find it (like Jackie reportedly found after a JFK tryst).

Diane needs to turn up soon to undermine Alexis's alibi for going out and running over Julian.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

She shot Connie in the stomach and left her to bleed out, used Scummy to kill AJ after pinning Connie's murder on him AND she hit Jason with her car and drove off. Alll the seats, Ava

Don't forget about that time when she switched out Morgan's meds and then had the nerve to be shocked and devastated when he ended up dead. 

Don't know why mobster Ava shocked that someone would run over her lover...I mean brother and drive off. He's a mobster and someone already tried to kill him a few weeks ago. Not to mention she's done a lot worse. 

Nelly gets teary and apologizes for what she's doing to Sonny, then three seconds later hops into bed with him and smirks. So which is it - is she the Good Girl being forced to do this by her Big Bad Meanie Father or is she the Rapey Cunning Bad Girl?

I wish Jelly would just put Jordan with the other black man like they know they want to instead of continuing with this lame triangle thing.

Too bad Alexis didn't intentionally hit Julian. And that she didn't kill him. And then kill Kiki and Ava. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

Danny with his banana split was the only thing I liked about today's show. He got family time for about a minute before they managed to drag Jasam away to talk about the only things they can talk about these days, Sonny and Alexis.

I will be so glad when this drinking and bombing story is over cause I am bored out of my mind with this show.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

I will be so glad when this drinking and bombing story is over cause I am bored out of my mind with this show.

Why? TIIC will just take this as a dare and find a way to lower the bar again. Sweet Soap Gods, Days and Y&R are more interesting these days! At least I'm back to reading recaps of Days. And Y&R is thisclose to going back on the dvr.

Do you think that the writers are insane enough to actually think that people like this crap? Are they delusional or just evil sadistic hacks?

Once the stupid Sonny SLEEPS WITH NELLE! shitfest ends, do you think that Sonny might guy "apologize" to Jax for his asshole behavior when Jax was actually raped? Insomnia sucks. And today's TFGH hasn't helped.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Ugh, I think it was CarSon. No wonder everyone wants to forget.

EDIT: I guess it actually was Scott and Lucy.

Oh yeah, Lucy and Scotty.  I of all people should have remembered that.

How about a character under 30?  Not since Morgan/Kiki nastiness during the summer, right?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I admit I don't feel mad at Nelle drugging Sonny. No one's gonna laugh at him, unlike Carly and Jason at Jax. My reaction is simply "lame", because they couldn't bring themselves to have them actually sleep together. Whatever Nelle's plan is, it's probably pretty lame.

You don't have to feel bad for Sonny to think what this show is doing is disgusting. The fact that sexual assault is being used as a plot point and/or for shock is disgusting, and this show is constantly doing stuff like this. I personally am not willing to hand wave this away just because I don't like Sonny. He's trash but that doesn't make what Nelly is doing any less vile.

I was going to say that I hope Jelly at least have the decency to not pair Michael with this garbage after this, but who am I kidding. These people can't even spell decency. 

• Love 7

I feel bad for Chloe Lanier to an extent. She might be glad to have a job, but it must be jarring for her to go from the anniversary episode last year to this mess of a storyline, knowing that her first stint on the show was the exception and not the rule.  Welcome to Fiona Hughes' world dear!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Actually they were outside Kelly's.  And watching Liz fumble in her purse for her pepper spray was ridiculous.  I half expected her to ask him to hold onto a few things while she dug around in her purse.  And instead of running into Kelly's, presumably where there are people, she talks to him for an hour in the deserted entryway and then leaves by the back alley.  Street smarts, that Liz has 'em.

How else was Elizabeth going to talk about Franco and had it zero to do with her character.

Edited by Darklazr
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Curtis was wrong to photographs those police files, but Val was the one who went snooping through his phone and saw the pictures. So dial back the self-righteous anger, Val. 

All of Valerie's being is completely unearned self-righteous anger. She needs to go. She sucks and she's completely pointless.

8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nelly gets teary and apologizes for what she's doing to Sonny, then three seconds later hops into bed with him and smirks. So which is it - is she the Good Girl being forced to do this by her Big Bad Meanie Father or is she the Rapey Cunning Bad Girl?

Not even the writers know the answer to that question.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I was going to say that I hope Jelly at least have the decency to not pair Michael with this garbage after this, but who am I kidding. These people can't even spell decency. 

It is gross but I'm just pretty apathetic over all about the show right now, I didn't even bother watching yesterday. Even now if they attempt to pair Michael/Nelle my reaction will probably be more about how can they not see that this might be Michael's most bland pairing yet, and that's saying something.

• Love 5

And that's another problem of Michael's forgiving of Sonny for killing AJ - there are no more stakes now putting them at odds.  Is the show really going to expect us to be worried that Michael and Sonny's relationship will fall apart if Michael starts seeing Nelle and then finds out about Sonny "sleeping" with her?  Not.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, stlbf said:

find a way to lower the bar again

I shouldn't be amazed this happens, but I am. Just when I think I've watched the stupidest, most boring story, they write one that's even worse.

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is the show really going to expect us to be worried that Michael and Sonny's relationship will fall apart if Michael starts seeing Nelle and then finds out about Sonny "sleeping" with her? 

Well, we'll get scenes of Sonny and Carly telling Michael how terrible Nelle is because of what she did to Sonny. If that isn't drama, what is?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It is gross but I'm just pretty apathetic over all about the show right now, I didn't even bother watching yesterday. Even now if they attempt to pair Michael/Nelle my reaction will probably be more about how can they not see that this might be Michael's most bland pairing yet, and that's saying something.

If they acknowledge Michael's pairing are dull they would also have to acknowledge why - because Michael is mostly bland thanks to the writing and because the women he gets stuck with are useless, including their precious Kiki.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And that's another problem of Michael's forgiving of Sonny for killing AJ - there are no more stakes now putting them at odds.  Is the show really going to expect us to be worried that Michael and Sonny's relationship will fall apart if Michael starts seeing Nelle and then finds out about Sonny "sleeping" with her?  Not.

Yup. Or will he be mad at Nelle when he's totally cool with Sonny and all he's done?

It reminds me of the absurdity of Dante ranting about Lulu teaming up with Johnny and how he didn't realize the depths she could stoop to  . . . to Sonny, of all people. The absurdity would have been lessened if Dante admitted he was just using Sonny as someone to rant at or he had higher standards for Lulu and none at all for Sonny, but they didn't write/acknowledge that, so it was just ridiculous.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It reminds me of the absurdity of Dante ranting about Lulu teaming up with Johnny and how he didn't realize the depths she could stoop to  . . . to Sonny, of all people. The absurdity would have been lessened if Dante admitted he was just using Sonny as someone to rant at or he had higher standards for Lulu and none at all for Sonny, but they didn't write/acknowledge that, so it was just ridiculous.

Oh gawd, that was horrible, Dante railing about how he wasn't sure he could forgive Lulu for nearly getting Valerie killed...to Sonny, the admitted, cold-blooded murderer.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, that was horrible, Dante railing about how he wasn't sure he could forgive Lulu for nearly getting Valerie killed...to Sonny, the admitted, cold-blooded murderer.

Who shot him in the chest!

• Love 3

Does Nelle not have a car outside that Carly would see?

If I have to look at Jordan's dumb ass everyday, could they get her a new wig that doesn't look like it cost $5 at a recycled wig bin? And why would she go and talk to Alexis about Julian getting hit by a car?! She annoys the fuck out of me. 

Shut up, Carly. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

And why would she go and talk to Alexis about Julian getting hit by a car?!

Are Alexis and Julian officially divorced? If not, she's still his legal next of kin. Also, considering the bad feelings between them, it makes sense to me that Jordan would check in with Alexis.

• Love 2

Carly: Just because you and I were lying schemers in our youth doesn't mean that Nelle is.

Me: ...subtle, Show.  Now get this anvil off my foot.

To be fair, I did enjoy Bobbie's retort that Carly was worse than her, heh.

• Love 13

I still don't see why she would go to Alexis. And then she talks to her about someone possibly coming after Julian again since the bomb didn't get him. Like Alexis would give a shit about that. And of course being the great detective she is, she didn't notice that all the questions Alexis was asking sounded really suspicious. 

• Love 2

I hate this show for putting me in the uncomfortable position of making me feel sorry for Sonny. Like, why couldn't they just have him fuck things up on his own? Why was it necessary for him to be roofied and mislead about sex? It's so gross that this show consistently has storylines centered around sex crimes. 

Also gross: Franco, laughing about people being afraid of him. Fuck off.

The one redeeming moment of this episode was Hayden crying in Liz's arms and then recoiling in horror. I'm so glad they haven't made them instantly bond just because they're sisters.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Linny said:

The one redeeming moment of this episode was Hayden crying in Liz's arms and then recoiling in horror. I'm so glad they haven't made them instantly bond just because they're sisters.

That's because the writers forgot they're sisters until this episode was written.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Linny said:

It's so gross that this show consistently has storylines centered around sex crimes. 

What's worse is how the writers and showrunners do not understand that these ARE sex crimes. They don't see it that way so they don't write it that way. They cannot handle serious issues.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I hate this show for putting me in the uncomfortable position of making me feel sorry for Sonny. Like, why couldn't they just have him fuck things up on his own? Why was it necessary for him to be roofied and mislead about sex? It's so gross that this show consistently has storylines centered around sex crimes. 

I can't remember the details, but wasn't the same idea - a man being drugged and led to believe he had sex - played as comedy for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig during the summer?

Speaking of Rebecca Budig, I am just not into this storyline of her being infected with Dr. Michael Easton's SUPER DUDLY DISEASE, not as angst for them, not as the device to make her and Liz more friendly, etc.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who shot him in the chest!

Don't you understand, it's Olivia's fault that Sonny shot who he simply believed to be an undercover FBI agent because she did not tell him that this particular agent was his long lost son.  If it had not been for Olivia's lies Sonny would have never shot Dante.  Ya got to love Sonny logic.  Whenever, Sonny makes this excuse, I want someone to asked him what exactly would he have done to Dante if Olivia had come into the room before he shot him.  Dante was still a federal agent and had all the evidence he needed to lock Sonny up for life.  Would Sonny have let Dante arrest him?   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't remember the details, but wasn't the same idea - a man being drugged and led to believe he had sex - played as comedy for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig during the summer?

It was like a month ago. See how everything runs together on this show?

• Love 2

Why do I get the impression that Molly will ultimately be the one to kill Julian? He's obviously going to blackmail Alexis into taking care of him. Molly's been the one the most offended and angered by his presence in her and her mother's life and what he's done to Alexis.  She'll kill him but Alexis will gladly take the fall for it. Actually, I wouldn't mind that story.

• Love 7