Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I wish they would recognize his growth and support it, not by helicoptering but by getting a wise academic advocate to show Morgan the ropes and inform him about auditing, class loads, time management, peer pressure (for example, to buy a paper), etc in the university milieu. They could have risen above their own parenting mistakes by helping him overcome his tendency to plunge in without thinking, and taking ill-advised shortcuts. It was a huge missed opportunity, and then Ava disrupted his meds and physical progress.

Ava was messing with Morgan's meds before he decided he wanted to go back to school. The dumb pacing of this show strikes again.

As for Carly and Sonny getting Morgan an advisor, that's more helicoptering. Morgan needs to learn to manage his time himself, and if he can't, how to ask for help. The best thing Carly and Sonny could do for Morgan is to let him sink or swim. Obviously, if they see him trying to harm himself or someone else they need to do something, but otherwise, how will Morgan learn how to do anything if no one lets him?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I would never deny that Carly/Sonny were bad parents but that's the point - Morgan didn't grow up with Sonny/Carly, he grew up with Carly/Jax.

Sure, when he was aging in real time. But I think SORAS makes everything that comes before a gray area. By virtue of the age being so exxagerated, it can now be assumed Morgan was around Sonny more.

Wouldn't the SORAS actually lengthen his time with both? He was SORASed from toddler to little kid while Michael was in a coma and his most recent SORAS took place entirely while he was in boarding school/college

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As for Carly and Sonny getting Morgan an advisor, that's more helicoptering. Morgan needs to learn to manage his time himself, and if he can't, how to ask for help. The best thing Carly and Sonny could do for Morgan is to let him sink or swim.

Up to a point. Sonny/Carly have decades of dealing with BPD, Morgan has had months and he's already been institutionalized. He's used to being in school without dealing with being bipolar and Carly/Sonny should have realized that he could not know how different this was going to be. I think this is a case where he could validly argue that 'you don't know what you don't know'. They should all have met with Andre to figure out the best way to move forward with his education

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Dante is so much better when he's away from Lulu.

Dante came out of the shadows and into the light when he got away from Lulu and also confronted Sonny. His speech gave Sonny something to think about, but Sonny is so arrogant he will probably dismiss Dante's words quickly.

Slow clap for Jordan suddenly confiding that she needs a vacation and may be resigning as police commissioner of PC. Looks like she was gobsmacked and outdone by Anna's dramatic gunslinging and ability to act quickly when in danger. Anna can be a hothead, and is still dominated too much by #Justice for Dewq, but she has great instincts, a lightning-quick mind, physical prowess, and plenty of practical experience that Jordan can't touch. I enjoyed watching gorgeous Jordan get a chance to lead as Police Commissioner, but she was outclassed, needs more training and experience, and was too focused on being glamorous with hot dating scenarios. Her history of lying to her son or to certain men always disturbed me too.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava was messing with Morgan's meds before he decided he wanted to go back to school. The dumb pacing of this show strikes again.

As for Carly and Sonny getting Morgan an advisor, that's more helicoptering. Morgan needs to learn to manage his time himself, and if he can't, how to ask for help. The best thing Carly and Sonny could do for Morgan is to let him sink or swim. Obviously, if they see him trying to harm himself or someone else they need to do something, but otherwise, how will Morgan learn how to do anything if no one lets him?

Those meds have a gradual effect on the brain: takes awhile to see their effects, and likewise takes awhile for the body to eliminate and diminish them too. I like the responsible and authentic way the show has demonstrated how the meds work on a person like Morgan, and thus was excited to notice a new pattern in Morgan's thinking. I believe that ascribing his plans to the calm and clear-thinking that these meds can promote is a safe assumption. Individuals can and will respond in different degrees. I'm really impressed that the writers have shown the treatment possibilities. Having criticized the writing so often, I want to recognize what I admire too.

Giving parental guidance is not necessarily helicoptering. Morgan is still growing up, and is somewhat behind his peers in thinking rationally and learning to take care of himself. A good university is such a different environment for immature, vulnerable kids. It can be a shock, in fact. Helping Morgan get a peer tutor and some savvy counseling is part of loving parental guidance, in my opinion. They can and should invite the shrink's input too, since he is already counseling Morgan and supervising his meds. S/C have a chance to learn and understand improved parenting, and as Dubbel Zout points out, can encourage him to participate in finding the help himself too.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Another day of the Morgan Pity Party.  Yawn

Why oh why didn't Paul rat out Ava?  I need her to disappear forever.

Carly made my ears bleed today. Could MB be anymore obvious with the card reading?  

Wally Kurth!!! le sigh

If JE is retiring, they really should give him a contract. They should give him one anyway. It's not like they don't have a use for him. They used him quite a lot before he defected for DAYS.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is that fuzz on Michael's chin Chad Duell's attempt to scrounge up a beard of desperation/danger/sadness? I really hope that's just the beginning of it, cause otherwise please just shave that shit off.

I laugh every single time I notice it.

I skipped all the scenes involving Sonny and/or Carly so I missed the Dante scenes. Maybe I'll check them out since DZ was good, but I don't know if I can stomach it.

The rest was OK, but also mostly stupid.

On 10/4/2016 at 5:06 PM, Oracle42 said:

Morgan is the only character in the 20s set who I think would benefit from being stuck with a child.  The writers could use Avery to grow Morgan past the dumb frat boy characterization that RC stuck him with.

Morgan should have issues, he's Carly and Sonny's child - but, given SORAS, he was raised by Jax for most of his formative years and then went to military school and Vanderbilt - he shouldn't be such an idiot or such a mess

I agree that Morgan has been exposed to some very good educational resources, and we might think that he should have shown their results by now. But military school in particular can be very effective or a disaster. (I've known cases of both.) If PC University was too much for Morgan to handle, an outstanding place like Vanderbilt would prove even more challenging, especially if Morgan was in unrecognized bipolar straits at the time. Yes, Morgan has shown plenty of douche behavior, some of which may not be caused by his bipolar situation.

I'd like to see a whole better storyline develop, with more family interaction and the university setting brought in for Kiki and Kristina as well as Morgan. So much could be done with the character of Morgan, and showing more stories about the development and growth of the 20-to 30- something set of characters.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But murder, oh please. And I'm getting kind of sick of tuning in or reading recaps and hearing almost every character talk about murder or trying to murder or how good they are at carrying out hits on people. It really is starting to make me physically sick, and in it's own way it is just as bad as anything Guza ever did.

Yes I have been bugged a long time about the constant murders contemplated, thwarted, successful, etc on this show. Virtually every week at least one person is talking about or carrying out or is on trial for the destruction of another. Or a character is reminding us of some murder in the past. Murder has replaced infidelity as the go-to drama of this show. I'm sick of it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is that fuzz on Michael's chin Chad Duell's attempt to scrounge up a beard of desperation/danger/sadness? I really hope that's just the beginning of it, cause otherwise please just shave that shit off.

I think the stubble looks nice on him.  I don't think he's trying to scrounge up anything, and he would probably look good with a nice close-stubble thing going if he wanted, but I think the writers are just trying to show that Michael hasn't slept or shaved.  I thought Michael's eyes were blood shot, like he hadn't slept.

4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So Ned is now threatening to kill people? I rarely say things are "OOC", but that?

I took that more as a son reacting to the idea that Paul tried to murder his mother.  I'll give Ned a pass until and unless we see him plotting with a hitman to take out Paul.

4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'm curious as to how much of Morgan being a frat boy douche is on the actor playing him.  I guess we will find out when he's recast.  

So is the character definitely being recast?  I hadn't heard any confirmation one way or the other.

• Love 1

Yeah, Bryan Craig is leaving this show. I don't hate him or Morgan as much as most of you do, but I don't blame him. Morgan is written as an idiot and keeps getting thrown under the bus- he probably had enough. 

May tune in today for Ned.

• Love 4

I think Wally rather enjoys getting to do both shows. Days is using him more than GH would, I think. Anyway-WK on Days on Tuesday, WK on GH on Wednesday. It is a Wally sandwich, and I get to be in the soft, squishy middle.                            I love Chad and Jane scenes-almost as much as Tracy with her boys. Tracy in mama bear mode is always good, and she got to be that way about both Michael and Dillon. Richard and Jane-probably their last scene together-well done. Oh, and Tracy letting the Keekster have it was fun.   I do hope there is more to Tracy coping with what Paul did. I need a Finn/Tracy scene about it. Or Tracy seeing Andre, if only once.                                                                  Wow, I liked Sonny today. He spoke words of truth to Michael. Dante was awesome also. Morgan is totally going to steal Ned's car and crash it, isn't he?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think Wally rather enjoys getting to do both shows. Days is using him more than GH would, I think, and he's recurring on both. Anyway-WK on Days on Tuesday, WK on GH on Wednesday. It is a Wally sandwich, and I get to be in the soft, squishy middle.

Oh, I didn't realize they were still using him.on DAYS. 

A Wally sandwhich does sound nice.

• Love 7

Yep ulkis- he doesn' t have a love interest right now-though he and Adriane were googly eyeing each other this week. But Justin has been pretty heavily featured most of this year. A Wally sandwich is indeed a wonder to behold.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I love Chad and Jane scenes-almost as much as Tracy with her boys. Tracy in mama bear mode is always good, and she got to be that way about both Michael and Dillon.

I love how the relationship between Michael and Tracy has evolved.  A few years ago Tracy viewed Michael as being more Corinthos than Quatermaine.  She did not respect or trust Michael because of his loyalty to Sonny and Carly(they ruin everything and everyone).  Since AJ's murder Tracy has opened her heart to Michael and has become his friend and a source of emotional support for him.  She has accepted him as a full fledged member of the Quatermaine clan and if Michael is hurting she jumps right into Mama Quartermaine Bear mode.   

• Love 14

I enjoyed Tracy reading Kiki. I only wished she had slapped her 8-23 times then called security to have her removed from the building.

Disappointed Ned and Olivia didn't announce that they got married offscreen. 

Michael is talking about committing murder over Sabrina. I can't. I didn't even hate her, but really? He dated her for like two months! Stop it.

Fuck Paul for not exposing Ava.

If Andre cares about Jordan he should be encouraging her to resign. No one with any sense should want to be police commissioner of corrupt brokedown Port Charles.

All of these stories need to be wrapped up. Every single one of them.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But that's the thing, he wasn't. He was a rational, level headed, big-hearted kid and his upbringing was very, very different from Michael's. Why couldn't his jealousy stem from the fact that he wanted to be legit and follow in Jax's footsteps but being Sonny's son constantly prevented it - while Michael had the Q legacy handed to him and has repeatedly thrown it away with both hands?

Hell, Morgan should've been a little uncomfortable around Sonny because he didn't grow up with Sonny as a primary father figure. Inheriting bipolar disorder from Sonny should have been one more thing driving a wedge between them.

I understand the temptation to write Morgan as Fredo, but that never made sense given his actual history

Yup. The whole thing with Morgan and Sonny should've been about their complete lack of a relationship. Sonny was never really around Morgan after Jax entered the picture. This stupid show could've milked the drama of Jax and Sonny over Morgan. Jax was supposed to be adopting Morgan. And Morgan was thrilled at the prospect, IIRC. Morgan was the kid that Carly actually did put her foot down with Sonny. Even after the bizarre way they ended CarJax, she kept Morgan away from Sonny and his life. Morgan should've had major issues with Carly getting back together with Sonny. He should've had issues with losing Jax has his father. Instead, we got frat douche  Morgan. Who automatically loved S&C.

13 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I would never deny that Carly/Sonny were bad parents but that's the point - Morgan didn't grow up with Sonny/Carly, he grew up with Carly/Jax. And if he was compared to Michael? Up until recently Michael would've gotten the worst of it because Michael was a problem child. Morgan was the easy kid

Resentment at the amount of attention that Michael received, that seems reasonable but Morgan wasn't Fredo. It's not just the writing/acting for Child!Morgan that doesn't fit the current characterization, it's the character's entire backstory up until RC brought 

10 hours ago, Linny said:

It was nice to see Ned today. He, Dillon and Tracy have really good family chemistry, and I wish we got to see it more often.

Why do they bother with Jordan and Andre's relationship? He only ever seems to bring her bags of food while she bitches about her job.

Ned, Tracy and Dillon time is almost always fantastic.  I still don't understand why no one has ever verbally eviscerated Olivia for her stupid Leo lie. It cost the family control of ELQ! 

Also, still convinced that the writers don't know who the actors or the characters that they play are. They think Jordan is a man, and Andre is just a misspelled version of Andrea.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"How do you know [Sonny is going after Julian]?" Really, Carly? Avery could figure that out. Good grief. And typical how Julian holding a knife to Alexis's throat and getting off for it somehow is an affront to Sonny.

LOL that it's Darcy's fault Morgan got caught for plagiarism. He really is Sonny's son.

Andre had anvil-dropping duty today, telling Morgan more than once he'd see him at therapy tomorrow.

I know. And then Sonny says he'll always keep danger away from his family. Tell that to Michael. Or Kate. 

Carly is a moron. What a shock. Nice to know that Sonny is still Mr. Dimples! So that makes him innocent! He never ever threatened his spouses, ex spouses, girlfriends, ex girlfriends or motherfucking KAREN WEXLER! 

And it really was just outstanding to hear Morgan blame his unethical actions on another person. Yeah, Morgan, it was all her fault you got kicked out of school.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

There are other kids on this show besides DNAJ and crypt sex baby?

Well, Danny#5or#6 was just introduced at the wedding. Jake needs a playmate at Daddy's house.

• Love 2

I am so sick of the justice for Duke, justice for Kannie, justice for Susan and now they add justice for Sabrina to the mix. Is there an;y way we can chip in to buy those writers an imagination?

They never even made a meme out of the most obvious one: Justice for Justus! 

I keep falling behind on DVR'd episodes, then "watching" in a skipping-around fashion. I'll sit down with eight or ten backlogged episodes, read the episode teasers on my guide or watch the pretitle scenes and think, "Yeah, not watching that," if it's all about people I don't care about. I still like the Liz/Hayden material and Kiki/Dillon, and a few other things.  

10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I love how the relationship between Michael and Tracy has evolved.  A few years ago Tracy viewed Michael as being more Corinthos than Quatermaine.  She did not respect or trust Michael because of his loyalty to Sonny and Carly(they ruin everything and everyone).  Since AJ's murder Tracy has opened her heart to Michael and has become his friend and a source of emotional support for him.  She has accepted him as a full fledged member of the Quatermaine clan and if Michael is hurting she jumps right into Mama Quartermaine Bear mode.   

Me too ! I especially loved the little pat on his chest when she was telling him to go home, because Paul was "finished". More than one meaning in that word, you could tell.

Ned, Tracy and Dillon time is almost always fantastic

I noticed something cute that I forgot to mention: if you watch closely, Wally and Robert have the exact same physical mannerisms and body language in their scene at the boathouse. Both are sitting, leaning towards each other, and both have their hands clasped together in front of them. I have thought more than once that one reason they click so well is that they seem to have the same acting style or mannerisms, so it was nice to catch a moment that illustrates it physically. It's kind of adorable, actually.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

General Hospital, where the most egregious crime successfully prosecuted is plagiarism on a collage paper.

I love this typo, because I can see Morgan being too stupid to do his own collage.  

• Love 14

Good things about yesterday's show:

Tracy and Michael.  Repeating what others have said, but their relationship is a joy to watch.  It's loving and familial in the true Q sense of the word.  

Dante calling out Sonny for all his bullshit.  Not done nearly enough, but always welcome.

Dillon and Kiki.  I can't help it, they're cute together.

The bad:

Michael's #JusticeForSabrina world tour.  No.  Just stop.  When he was eyeing the cop's gun like a person on a diet eyeing a pizza, I cringed.

Morgan's #JusticeForMe world tour.  Thank god BC is leaving.  He's unbearable to watch.

Sonny and his one true love, that being excuses.  He actually wants points for not killing Julian earlier and, since the justice system failed him, thinks he should be rewarded.  #JusticeForTheJusticeSystem

• Love 9
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Dante: He hasn't been around to see Rocco...

NO ONE has seen Rocco, Dante, and we're all concerned.

Seriously. Besides that, since when does Sonny go round to see Rocco? Oh right, I forgot. He's the world's best grandpa. He's got a mug that says it, it must be true!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The bad:

Michael's #JusticeForSabrina world tour.  No.  Just stop.  When he was eyeing the cop's gun like a person on a diet eyeing a pizza, I cringed.

Morgan's #JusticeForMe world tour.  Thank god BC is leaving.  He's unbearable to watch.

Sonny and his one true love, that being excuses.  He actually wants points for not killing Julian earlier and, since the justice system failed him, thinks he should be rewarded.  #JusticeForTheJusticeSystem

YES to all this.

My favorite part about Sonny is HE SHOULD BE IN PRISON. I'm so sick of him calling other people psychotic, even if they are, when SONNY HIMSELF IS A KILLER. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Disappointed Ned and Olivia didn't announce that they got married offscreen. 

I was surprised at the lack of warmth between them. I thought they'd dealt with the Leo lies and were friends again. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Seriously. Besides that, since when does Sonny go round to see Rocco? 

Rocco's been upstairs babysitting Avery the last couple of months. 

As soon as she can walk unassisted, they may take off together, since they're fairly sure they won't be missed for a couple of days.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I feel like we should send BC a basket of hats. Him leaving

actually means something is going to happen to Morgan. Otherwise who knows how they would keep spinning this shtick?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So, Morgan kissing his not-yet-known/we presume half-sister. That's an ...interesting... writing choice.  Well, at least it stopped his whining for a moment. And seeing anger from Nelle about the kidney was maybe the start of her not being dull?

That's a beautiful bra Olivia was wearing. I wanna know where GH bought it.  Also, does she think Julian has a secret identity as Captain Hook or Jack Sparrow?! She didn't have any "visions"!  Even I think "WTF" about her assuming the hook is a threat or warning from him.

You gotta give Sonny credit (in a scum bag kinda way) for disparaging God to a priest, and pulling the Deke card. LOL @Sonny glaring at a priest for standing up to him.

Really, Dillon? The night of the Nurse's Ball with Kiki was one of the best of your life? You need to go back to L.A. to find some real excitement. 

• Love 4

There's nothing like tuning in to a soap opera in the afternoon and being treated to a long-winded lesson in theology. I can't deal with this show when it tries to be deep and meaningful. I much prefer when it's blatantly stupid.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I was surprised at the lack of warmth between them. I thought they'd dealt with the Leo lies and were friends again. 

Obviously, this was written before I saw today's ep. Hee.

LiLoC's bra was a demi, that much I can tell. Wally needs to lighten up on the fake back, but they both look good.

• Love 3

Sonny railing to God about the system he filled his coffers circumventing and hasn't punished him for any of the zillion crimes he's committed failing him and now he has no choice but to kill Julian was just...no.  Good on Griffin for calling him out at the end.

I see you, Show, having Ned and Olivia secretly renew their romantic relationship because Julian might not like it (...okay?) allowed you to get them back together without actually writing them a on-screen story.

Yay to Dillon and Kiki's kiss.  Ew to Morgan kissing Nelle.  Oh Nelle, please get interesting, and soon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Do the writers laugh when they write Sonny's scenes? I need to know this information.

Sometimes. I think they mostly just sigh and grit their teeth, as they do writing most of this show.

17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Really, Dillon? The night of the Nurse's Ball with Kiki was one of the best of your life? You need to go back to L.A. to find some real excitement. 

Well, I guess he's not gonna talk about how the best night of his life was "that one time with Georgie", so, he had exaggerate a bit.

• Love 6
Just now, ulkis said:

Well, I guess he's not gonna talk about how the best night of his life was "that one time with Georgie", so, he had exaggerate a bit.

I always forget he was with Georgie because he still doesn't feel like Dillon to me. And him and Kiki are so vanilla together. I know that's kinda a UO now, though.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Lauren is suddenly everyone's PTSD counselor.

Well, Dillon kinda did the same for her when she got shot.  I don't hate it.

Previews...oh look, it's TJ, just in time to (I'm speculating) bare the brunt of Morgan's self-destruction. #eyeroll

• Love 3

It's fine she's talking to Dillon, but her offer to Tracy was ridiculous.

"God knows what's in my heart." Yeah, Sonny, and I'm pretty sure He's not okay with it 99 percent of the time. What is this bullshit? I really hate when the show does this with Sonny. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13