Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Here is the quote:

Adds Passanante, "To be very truthful, and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, it is much easier to write a story where you bring in a lot of new people because you don't have to account for the complicated history of the people you already have. There is part of me that goes, 'That would be great! Let's bring in a whole bunch of new people!' But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have." 

As they say, fuck you!

Doesn't make me wanna bother with the show anymore. 

• Love 4

Maxie needs to SFU. Nathan finds out he has a daughter? Maxie responds by pouting, crocodile tears, throws a fit, slams doors, throws self into Griffin's arms--anything to bring Nathan's attention back to ME! ME! ME! ME! and away from his new daughter.

And of course Nathan was 'way too nice to wily Claudette, allowing him to be distracted from the daughter he was just demanding to see. She wants him to listen to her tale of woe about the Bad Man. Why should he care? He should threaten to leave if she will not produce the kid.

And where did Nathan get the DNA supposedly from the daughter Charlotte to compare to his own on the DNA test?? He said he sent it in the DNA samples himself to a lab that was unknown to Claudette. Did I miss the part where Claudette gave Nathan some of Charlotte's DNA? Didn't he need it to do the test?

• Love 1

LOL to see Sam snoozing for four hours while suddenly domestic, recent hitman/Caveman Jason brushes the kids' teeth, tells stories, and puts them to bed. Now the script has Sam basically doing what she does anyway all the time on our screens: barely audible somnolent low-energy monotones, sighs, droopy eyes that won't stay open. Literally sleeping like a baby on the GH set.

• Love 3

So laughable that the Hospital Serial Killer story was out of hand and running amok until Anna breezed back into town. All of a sudden Anna is schooling Jordan about the clues, ignoring the fact that her own search and its fruit are probably illegal and inadmissible. Jordan is not always the most competent Commissioner, but she knows her police procedure and reminds Anna as she bulldozes her way through.

• Love 2

where did Nathan get the DNA supposedly from the daughter Charlotte to compare to his own on the DNA test??

Clod wears a locket with dark hair in it.  She gave it to Nathan to compare DNA with, even though a lock of hair doesn't have the necessary root to test for DNA.  I wonder if she had a lock Nathan's hair from back in the day, and dyed a chunk of her own hair and mixed the sample together.  Since science doesn't seem to exist on General Hospital.

And on that note: Love how Anna pawed through everything in the file folder, picks up the cufflinks, then gets out the rubber gloves.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

LOL to see Sam snoozing for four hours while suddenly domestic, recent hitman/Caveman Jason brushes the kids' teeth, tells stories, and puts them to bed. Now the script has Sam basically doing what she does anyway all the time on our screens: barely audible somnolent low-energy monotones, sighs, droopy eyes that won't stay open. Literally sleeping like a baby on the GH set.

Liz did train him well!!!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

And on that note: Love how Anna pawed through everything in the file folder, picks up the cufflinks, then gets out the rubber gloves.

Yeah I laffed about that too. I wondered if Finola and/or the director had made a mistake and they fixed it by filming that part of the scene again the next day, hoping we wouldn't notice that a mistake was made the first time when she directly touched the link.

If Claudette touched the hair sample at any time, much less produced it for testing, it was tainted and therefore suspect IMO. They are all stupid to base their decisions on that. The girl should have been produced and the hair sample taken in Nathan's presence, preferably by Nathan.

The girl should have been produced and the hair sample taken

Oh but teh danger.  Charlotte must stay hidden, blah, blah, blah.

They are all stupid to base their decisions on that.

They are all stupid.  Full stop.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4

Why is Claudette wearing a large green doily?

Writers, you had better not kill Tracy Quartermaine.  I'm willing and happy to let the GH wormhole do it's thing, now that Anna has found the invoice for the psych hospital.  Let her and Jordan swoop in to save the day.  After Tracy is allowed to make a few bad ass moves of her own, of course.

And really, is the third or fourth mental health care facility?  Wouldn't Shady Brook have worked, where Laura was for a decade or so?  But I guess living near or in PC is enough to push anyone over the edge so I can see where they'd need the extra room.

When Jason said "Preggers" I expected Sam to say "who ARE you?"

It was good to see Laura and Kevin.  I think they're pretty.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Perkie said:

Unless she changed the DNA results, looks like Nathan is the baby daddy, as of today.

Paternity test results are only final until the writers decide to change them. I'm sure it will be revealed at some point that Claud changed the results, or the father changed the results because reasons, or there was a mistake at the lab because Helena.

Why is Claud hanging around Port Charles while her child is allegedly in hiding because she's in danger from a Bad Man?

Sam and Jason should be plotting Freako's murder instead of talking about Sonny.

• Love 2

That term-paper-sized wad of text that Kevin handed to Laura as a "book" was pitiful. The dedication was longer than the first chapter. How long did it take him to cook up that story? Where's the first sheaf of pages as the alternate "book" that made Laura so mad originally? Gah!

And if a transatlantic flight is completely booked, the air stewards will usually give you a hard time for "switching seats" with others, Kevin. They have to serve special meals or take care of some passengers with special instructions, based on seat assignments. These days, anyone giving an air steward argument or trouble, particularly on an international flight, can get in a heap of trouble and be arrested or dumped from the plane at another destination. Kevin is acting like Freako Jr in the way he is apparently stalking Laura. Laura isn't Lucy...Kevin needs to stop playing cutsie games to win her over.

Although I will admit that Kevin's crush and games are infinitely preferable if compared to Luke's arrogant macho behavior with Laura and other women.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

#JusticeForCake

QFT!

Casa Nutmeg called it that Claudette's Big Bad was Valentin (with a side bet on Jerry Jacks). Show might have me back into Awesome Mode if AndSonnyAndJasonDefeatHimInThreeSeconds was a pawn, and Claudette looks at his picture and says, "That's not him!"

Valentin is going after Claudette because Charlotte is (duh duh DUUUHHH) his granddaughter, and Nathan is not only a Cassadine, but in line to be the Cassadine Heir.

One theory that they made Jeff Webber as the father of Hayden is because (duh duh DUUUUHHHHH) Raymond Berlin is Valentin Cassadine, and he did his dad Mikkos one better by bringing down the world economy. (Dark horse speculation: Those ubiquitous Feds are actually working for him, getting all his money back). That way, Hayden could mambo with Dead?Nik and not go ick-squick.

Hopefully, they can have Kevin working with Suzie. Her condition mirrors Laura's Wig-On-A-Stick Catatonia.

Sonny is no longer scary, because he can threaten the Jeromes, but if anything happens to them, he is the first suspect, and Jason won't clean up Sonny's messes anymore.

• Love 4

The first time that I saw yesterday's episode I enjoyed it as Tracy, Laura, FH were on and this incarnation of Maxie/KS is way more interesting to watch than the previous one.  I appreciate that tree, doc/priest, and new bad spice girl were trying to make the stupid script work and Paul and Kevin don't make my blood boil.  I fast-forwarded through the JaSam scenes after their first spaghetti in bed scene, but alas the coordination between my index finger and the fast-forward button wasn't working and I thought that the pregnant wife was talking about murdering her dad so I watched (actually read the closed-captioning due to BM's mumbling) Jasam's last scene.  Just the mention of Sonny and Carly and Morgan put a sour note on the episode for this viewer.

7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why is Claud hanging around Port Charles while her child is allegedly in hiding because she's in danger from a Bad Man?

Show, the way to make me care about Claudette is not to give her a kid, regardless of her father. She's mildly interesting for sleeping with Valentin, but that was in the past before we knew both of them.

35 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Casa Nutmeg called it that Claudette's Big Bad was Valentin (with a side bet on Jerry Jacks).

I'd almost prefer it to be Jerry Jacks; at least he's proven to be evil. Valentin was taken down by Sonny and Jason in about two minutes. Pitiful.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Show, the way to make me care about Claudette is not to give her a kid, regardless of her father. She's mildly interesting for sleeping with Valentin, but that was in the past before we knew both of them.

It a shocking twist, it will be revealed that Claud and Valentine never had sex and he's actually her brother. Also, she's the love child of Freako and Konnie, and one of Johnny's guys is her baby daddy. Ava will also be inserted into this story somehow. Don't ask any questions.

• Love 8

I'd say no. He was very much engaged and passionate. And had strong scenes with many, many characters. Whether someone thinks he's a good actor is subjective, but he was never, ever lazy.

It may be unfair of me to judge him just based on GH.  I just feel the excuse he's not given much is just not enough for me to cut him slack. Same as the material he gets, maybe not being "in character" with Jason, or not making sense. I do think that's a common complaint for everyone. Again, I think Burgi is a perfect example of that. "You want me to be a devoted father to Dillon and make waffles for my son and ex wife, okay". "You want me to be the one who shot Sonny and be power mad, okay". "You want me to be in lust with Ava while letting Tracy think I might be interested in her, okay". "You want me to shoot Sloane, but say it's for revenge over my daughter, okay". "Now I'm in love with Anna, okay." "Now I'm actually a good guy who was under cover, okay". "Whoops, now I'm a crazy killer about to kill my ex wife. Okay".

And this is all in less than a year and a half. Yet RBu is fully committed to selling, in every scene, with every plot point, whatever the writers write. That is what a pro does. I watch BM (and to be fair, he is certainly not the only one, just the example on my mind at the moment), and I feel that after what, almost three years, he still has no idea who Jason is, or what he is supposed to be feeling in a scene. Okay, I get that, especially with these writers. But still. Pick a POV and go for it. Whatever the moment may be, commit to it.

I almost get the feeling that he thinks he can coast, because he's in a popular pairing with one of the most popular characters on canvas. I hope that's not the case.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Casa Nutmeg called it that Claudette's Big Bad was Valentin (with a side bet on Jerry Jacks).

I'd almost prefer it to be Jerry Jacks; at least he's proven to be evil. Valentin was taken down by Sonny and Jason in about two minutes. Pitiful.

Except the schlub the Dimwit Duo took down is Not!Valentin and the Real Big Bad Valentin is still roaming around. We hope.

Edited by NutmegsDad
Added more specifics
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And if a transatlantic flight is completely booked, the air stewards will usually give you a hard time for "switching seats" with others, Kevin. 

But he used his "junior Jedi" mind tricks on them also!  (his reasoning was the best part of this episode).  Tracy (JE) was a close second.

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, it didn't, and he left. He's thriving elsewhere.

I wouldn't say he's thriving over at B&B.  I can't remember the last time he was on screen.  

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Clod wears a locket with dark hair in it.  She gave it to Nathan to compare DNA with, even though a lock of hair doesn't have the necessary root to test for DNA.  I wonder if she had a lock Nathan's hair from back in the day, and dyed a chunk of her own hair and mixed the sample together.  Since science doesn't seem to exist on General Hospital.

I know!  I was yelling "well, now your fingerprints are all over the evidence!" at my TV.  There are a lot of things I'll put up with, but a stupid Anna is not one of them.  She is not that dumb.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, it didn't, and he left. He's thriving elsewhere.

I wouldn't say he's thriving over at B&B.  I can't remember the last time he was on screen.  

I'd say he's thriving in the sense that he's on one of the #1 soaps in the world, on a network that actually cares about their daytime programming. And, when he went back he was on a fair bit, he just doesn't have a story right now.

Even with the lack of screen time, given the writing and production at GH, I'd say he traded up - especially since FV isn't interested in producing any recognizable form of General Hospital. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

QFT!

Casa Nutmeg called it that Claudette's Big Bad was Valentin (with a side bet on Jerry Jacks). Show might have me back into Awesome Mode if AndSonnyAndJasonDefeatHimInThreeSeconds was a pawn, and Claudette looks at his picture and says, "That's not him!"

Valentin is going after Claudette because Charlotte is (duh duh DUUUHHH) his granddaughter, and Nathan is not only a Cassadine, but in line to be the Cassadine Heir.

One theory that they made Jeff Webber as the father of Hayden is because (duh duh DUUUUHHHHH) Raymond Berlin is Valentin Cassadine, and he did his dad Mikkos one better by bringing down the world economy. (Dark horse speculation: Those ubiquitous Feds are actually working for him, getting all his money back). That way, Hayden could mambo with Dead?Nik and not go ick-squick.

Hopefully, they can have Kevin working with Suzie. Her condition mirrors Laura's Wig-On-A-Stick Catatonia.

Sonny is no longer scary, because he can threaten the Jeromes, but if anything happens to them, he is the first suspect, and Jason won't clean up Sonny's messes anymore.

See, I'm more inclined to think that these sorry writers lifted your Claudette/Valentin theory from this message board rather than it having been planned to turn out this way. There was nothing to indicate even a month ago that Claudette had any type of dealings with Valentin in any way, shape, or form. They wait for ideas from the viewers, and then steal those ideas. SMH!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well of course Valentin is OMG TEH EVIL! man that Claudette was involved with. Honestly, I'd have an easier time believing it was Johnny, even though he would never threaten a child.

I absolutely love the way Griffin calls Claudette out every time he's in a scene with her.

Claudette: "See? I told you Charlotte was your daughter Nathan!"

Griffin: "Bull! Less than an hour ago you told me you didn't know which one of us was her father."

I have to say that Griffin has come alive as a character.  I, too, love how he calls out Claudette, and he seems to have this harder edge to him lately which I love.  The always forgiving, pious Dr. Father Griffin was a bit too much for me.  It seems that the character (or maybe the writers) have finally allowed him to have a voice.  I love his sarcasm around Claudette and how he calls her out on her ish.  If the writers are going to give me more of THIS new Griffin, I would be thrilled.  He's certainly more interesting now than many of the other male newbies:  Franco, Andre, Nathan, Finn, etc.  

• Love 7

I don't think Franco or Nathan qualify as newbies anymore. I do like Griffin better in scenes now, like that he doesn't give Claudette an inch.  He's not fooled by her one iota, and he isn't afraid to show his contempt. It's quite funny. BTW, said it before, but I'll say it again: BW is just one of those actresses who is like "look at meeee! I'm acting !"

If she were a good actress, I could almost ignore it. She's not, so I can't.

• Love 2

I kinda enjoy Griffin's anger at Claudette, but I find it very annoying since he preaches forgiveness for people who don't deserve it. Also, he acts like Claudette brainwashed him into having a relationship with her and that he bears very little if any responsibility for it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda enjoy Griffin's anger at Claudette, but I find it very annoying since he preaches forgiveness for people who don't deserve it. Also, he acts like Claudette brainwashed him into having a relationship with her and that he bears very little if any responsibility for it.

To be fair, Claud is annoying as shit an deserves nothing but pain and misery.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't like that he doesn't take enough responsibility for his relationship with Claudette, but that's a problem with the show in general—it's always those shameless hussies who trick the poor men into sleeping with them. And Claudette has pushed back at that somewhat, so there's that.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I always say none of us "deserve" it. It's not really something we can earn.

I have only just started watching again, so I don't know about Griffin's prior attitude towards her. I take his attitude towards her, without having seen anything prior, as that he is disgusted with himself that he ever looked at her twice. If he is acting like he has no culpability about the fact that he committed fornication, ....he needs to check himself.

• Love 1

So with Nicholas, Spencer, and Luke off the stage and Lulu's embryo arguably lost in a shellgame of possibilities, where can Laura attach into the canvas again? Her connection with Kevin seems tenuous at best. His "book" about her seems complete, and their quest via Helena seems to have played out. Why did the Show bring her back? (Although it's nice to see her...I'm not complaining).

34 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't think Franco or Nathan qualify as newbies anymore. I do like Griffin better in scenes now, like that he doesn't give Claudette an inch.  He's not fooled by her one iota, and he isn't afraid to show his contempt. It's quite funny. BTW, said it before, but I'll say it again: BW is just one of those actresses who is like "look at meeee! I'm acting !"

Yes, that's a good take on it. I couldn't put my finger quite on what was bugging me about her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I watch BM (and to be fair, he is certainly not the only one, just the example on my mind at the moment), and I feel that after what, almost three years, he still has no idea who Jason is, or what he is supposed to be feeling in a scene. Okay, I get that, especially with these writers. But still. Pick a POV and go for it. Whatever the moment may be, commit to it.

I agree. I think there have been a lot of  scenes where I don't feel like BM is giving the proper effort. It may be out of boredom or his own confusion over the character. It's clear they just allow him to do whatever he wants and the excuse is, "Don't do SBu's Jason! Make him your own!" Except the thing is, if they wanted to create a brand new version of Jason, characters need to acknowledge it and go from there. That's natural conflict and story right there.

3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I almost get the feeling that he thinks he can coast, because he's in a popular pairing with one of the most popular characters on canvas. I hope that's not the case.

I think the TPTB thinks they can coast on this pairing. "Whatever, we put JaSam back together and gave them another kid for no reason when you barely see the first one, what more do you want?" is the essential message.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I agree. I think there have been a lot of  scenes where I don't feel like BM is giving the proper effort. It may be out of boredom or his own confusion over the character. It's clear they just allow him to do whatever he wants and the excuse is, "Don't do SBu's Jason! Make him your own!" Except the thing is, if they wanted to create a brand new version of Jason, characters need to acknowledge it and go from there. That's natural conflict and story right there.

I think the TPTB thinks they can coast on this pairing. "Whatever, we put JaSam back together and gave them another kid for no reason when you barely see the first one, what more do you want?" is the essential message.

Which is weird, because they have a natural story just waiting to be told, like you pointed out. I don't know if that kind of story is boring for them, or they just don't want to invoke Jason's hitman past or what.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

It may be unfair of me to judge him just based on GH.  I just feel the excuse he's not given much is just not enough for me to cut him slack. Same as the material he gets, maybe not being "in character" with Jason, or not making sense. I do think that's a common complaint for everyone. Again, I think Burgi is a perfect example of that. "You want me to be a devoted father to Dillon and make waffles for my son and ex wife, okay". "You want me to be the one who shot Sonny and be power mad, okay". "You want me to be in lust with Ava while letting Tracy think I might be interested in her, okay". "You want me to shoot Sloane, but say it's for revenge over my daughter, okay". "Now I'm in love with Anna, okay." "Now I'm actually a good guy who was under cover, okay". "Whoops, now I'm a crazy killer about to kill my ex wife. Okay".

And this is all in less than a year and a half. Yet RBu is fully committed to selling, in every scene, with every plot point, whatever the writers write. That is what a pro does. I watch BM (and to be fair, he is certainly not the only one, just the example on my mind at the moment), and I feel that after what, almost three years, he still has no idea who Jason is, or what he is supposed to be feeling in a scene. Okay, I get that, especially with these writers. But still. Pick a POV and go for it. Whatever the moment may be, commit to it.

This is an excellent assessment of the BM issue.  People can say what they want, but a good actor can make lemonade out of lemons if a scene is silly or the writing takes a drastic left turn, and Burgi is certainly doing exactly that in his scenes.  He is always engrossing and engaging in his scenes, and he has had far less to work with than BM and has been on the show far less, not to mention that he also has barely any friends or family to hone in on besides Dillon and Tracy.  BM has no idea what he's doing or how to play his character, even though the character is essentially a brand new character from Jason Morgan.  He created this new character.  So he should find something about him to make it work.  Kelly brings it in her scenes and even Mo shows more emotion and connection.  I wouldn't mind at all if BM decides to leave when his contract is up.  I can never take him seriously - ever - as Jason Morgan.

4 hours ago, Originalroux said:

But he used his "junior Jedi" mind tricks on them also!  (his reasoning was the best part of this episode).  Tracy (JE) was a close second.

I loved Kevin's "junior Jedi" remark and how Laura/Genie had to turn away to stifle a smile.  THAT'S chemistry and sex appeal, folks.  I need to see more of them in stories - much more.

4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I know!  I was yelling "well, now your fingerprints are all over the evidence!" at my TV.  There are a lot of things I'll put up with, but a stupid Anna is not one of them.  She is not that dumb.  

Well in fairness to Anna, she wasn't trying to find evidence against Paul.  She stumbled upon the cuff links, and when she realized what they might be, she immediately tried to preserve the evidence.  I would have been more upset if she DIDN'T put on the gloves after realizing what she found.

2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't think Franco or Nathan qualify as newbies anymore. I do like Griffin better in scenes now, like that he doesn't give Claudette an inch.  He's not fooled by her one iota, and he isn't afraid to show his contempt. It's quite funny.

I think they still qualify as newbies because if either of them left, it wouldn't put a dent AT ALL in the story fabric or canvas of GH.  Compare that to Monica, Tracy, Maxie, Elizabeth, Laura, Michael, Sonny, etc. dying or leaving.  Franco has zero relationships beyond Elizabeth.  He visits Heather once in a while and has scenes with Scotty even less.  Nathan is only relevant because of Maxie.  If he leaves the show, what impact does he have on any storyline?  Him, Dr. O, and Nina are so unimportant to the GH story canvas, that if they all left, it wouldn't even put a dent in the show's direction.  I have learned nothing about Franco and Nathan beyond their relationships to two vets.  I put the other newbies in the same category:  Nina, Jordan, Andre, Finn, Valerie, Curtis, and Kiki.  If any of those characters were to die or be removed from the show, what impact does it have on anyone?  That's why I consider them newbies.  They don't really have a tether to the canvas.  Griffin is also a newbie, but he's at least related to a vet - Duke.  Hayden is also now related to Elizabeth.  It's not much, but it's something.  Why don't I include Valerie with Griffin and Hayden - because she's essentially a non-Spencer.  I mean has she had a single relevant scene with any Spencer family members?  Has she formed a relationship or a bond or had any interaction of relevance to Bobbie, Carly, Lucas, Lulu - ANY SPENCER?  She's a Spencer in name only - and even then barely.   The writers basically slap a legacy name on her and then never used it beyond that.  If Valerie were to die or leave tomorrow, what character would truly mourn her? 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think that's true at all.  He has admitted openly that he is responsible for his actions and feels horrible for what happened.  Heck, it's why he left Claudette and never went back to her.  Even now, she has tried to seduce him back into a relationship with her, and he is refusing.  Griffin knows that Claudette is a manipulator, and when she tries to manipulate him, it angers him.   That's why he gets angry.  For instance, when she called him and said "Come to my room," he was immediately suspicious - "Why do I need to come your room?"  I liked that.  It showed he's not an idiot that they could just as easily meet at the Metro Court.  Even when she tries to stonewall him when he gets to her room, he calls out her deception "So why did you wait all this time to tell Nathan and me now?  What are you up to?"  He got fooled by her once, and it hurt a lot of people.  He knows that and it matters to him.  Claudette doesn't care - and he sees that too.

Edited by Bishop

How thoughtful of Paul to stand around talking about killing Tracy for 45 minutes so that Anna had time to show up. I loved how he had that syringe in his luggage and ready to go. One must always be prepared to murder when the opportunity arises. 

Carly being level headed and rational when talking to Sonny is so weird. What happened to the blood thirsty Carly of yore?

I hope Spinnelli changed his number as soon as he got off the phone with Morgan.

• Love 11

That teleport Anna pulled off to save Tracy from Paul. Just no. They could have at least had her driving up to the hospital when she decided to call Tracy. If they had the police track her phone why did no cops show up? Would it not just make more sense to have local cops check in on her? This show is so stupid. I'm ashamed I still watch.

• Love 5

So Anna and Dillon climbed through the wormhole and found Tracy and Paul just in time! I suppose they used their phone's GPS. Shouldn't they have notified the local Finger Lakes authorities to rush to the scene first? Shouldn't they have kept out of an ongoing open police investigation? At least, shouldn't they ask for backup? Shouldn't they notify Jordan what is going down?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Which is weird, because they have a natural story just waiting to be told, like you pointed out. I don't know if that kind of story is boring for them, or they just don't want to invoke Jason's hitman past or what.

They want Jason to have made a choice not to be in the mob, but at the same time, they have the other characters all nonchalant about it. Sonny could have put up more of a fight, for example. That was a MAJOR part of Jason's character. How do you just gloss past that? Maybe the Julian issue will change things...maybe this will create conflict with Jason and Sam, specifically.

And it's unfortunate bc I think Billy and Kelly can do angst well, and they have more comfortable, natural chemistry and enjoy each other so much more than SBu/Kelly. The show needs to stop wasting it by giving them shallow fluff scenes.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they've shown any real interest in writing for the pre-RC characters. At least when RC* pulled his shitty LOOK, HISTORY!!1! stunts, he'd have someone check Wikipedia

*Nope, don't want him back. I still think he's a terrible soap writer who is incapable of crafting a coherent story arc. Jelly are just as incompetent at crafting story arcs, but they're much less ambitious - so their failures are tedious, boring, drama-free and small instead of  huge, splashy and embarrassing 

• Love 4
Just now, HeatLifer said:

They want Jason to have made a choice not to be in the mob, but at the same time, they have the other characters all nonchalant about it. Sonny could have put up more of a fight, for example. That was a MAJOR part of Jason's character. How do you just gloss past that? Maybe the Julian issue will change things...maybe this will create conflict with Jason and Sam, specifically.

And it's unfortunate bc I think it Billy and Kelly can do angst well, and they have more comfortable, natural chemistry and enjoy each other so much more than SBu/Kelly. The show needs to stop wasting it by giving them shallow fluff scenes.

There's good conflict right there that Jason would totally want Julian dead and Sam would feel uneasy about it. And yet . . . 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think they've shown any real interest in writing for the pre-RC characters. At least when RC* pulled his shitty LOOK, HISTORY!!1! stunts, he'd have someone check Wikipedia

*Nope, don't want him back. I still think he's a terrible soap writer who is incapable of crafting a coherent story arc. Jelly are just as incompetent at crafting story arcs, but they're much less ambitious - so their failures are tedious, boring, drama-free and small instead of  huge, splashy and embarrassing 

I would take Ron back, if I had to choose between these two and him. Just . . . minus whatever went so horribly wrong last year. He needed an EP who isn't, under the surface, just as petty as Ron is.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

In the time between the guy banging on Paul's door and the door being answered, Paul had time to tie up and gag Tracy?  She didn't resist and knock things over that the guy could've heard?  Or even shouted again?  And he took off his jacket and put on a robe (I guess)?  Boy, that Paul is speedy!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's good conflict right there that Jason would totally want Julian dead and Sam would feel uneasy about it. And yet . . . 

EXACTLY.

I'm so sick of this pattern with Sam's relationships. Everything is always fine and dandy and fluffy. Her and her "current significant other" have no issues! Nothing to see here! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would take Ron back, if I had to choose between these two and him. Just . . . minus whatever went so horribly wrong last year. He needed an EP who isn't, under the surface, just as petty as Ron is.

No thanks. Ron can stay gone. Every character that existed before he showed up is now in shambles.

• Love 5