Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I wish Julian was as evil and charismatic as Sonny is trying to make him sound.

Seriously. A glare is about as menacing as Julian gets.

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also, is there no one she can report Paul to? This is ridiculous.

Not that it makes any difference in the PCPD, but I don't think the DA's office can demand that a suspect be held in custody anyway.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They are really pushing Dr. Michael Easton/Rebecca Budig and Franco/Liz as this frontburner quad and I do not get it.  Why is Franco being rewarded after the Francs and Neens Variety Hour last summer shredded the ratings?

No no no no. That wasn't because of Franco/Nina! It was because of the Valerie/Dante/Lulu/Dillon quad! Denise! Lack of Sonny! Morgan/Kiki/Donna Mills! But not Franco and Nina! Buuuut - if there was even the slightest chance - which there probably wasn't, but let's say there was - it was because it was two new people together! But now Franco is with an established character! Everyone loves Liz! 

Besides, Liz is actually the one being rewarded!

I think I mostly have FV's thought process down.

I liked Finn today, but for me him and Hayden came out of nowhere and he's kind of asexual to me. I don't think I'd be able to get into anyone they paired him with. Maybe Tracy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

What are the actual stories going on right now?
Hayden is a Webber
Franco needs Liz's love for redemption

This embryo shit

Serial Killer nonsense that was about Franco until it was about Paul

Nelle doing....something

38 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Justice For Duke

Sam is pregnant

Kiki/Morgan/Dillon

Kristina/Parker/that guy might still be a thing

Alexis is crazy/Julian's upcoming trial

Claud/TreeMaxie/Griffin

Nina wants a baby

All these stories and characters are completely unwatchable, IDC, call me Debbie Downer.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think that stuff was about setting up, I'm speculating, 

Hide contents

Paul somehow making Alexis the scapegoat in Julian going free at his trial and him joining the lynch mob that's gonna come after her.  Ugh, so terrible.

Is

Julian going free a definite spoiler?

5 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I'm B neg - Didn't realize it was a rare type. - and I'd never want to be contaminated with any of Sonny's body fluids.  I vote Hayden, in a heartbeat.

Dr. Finn McBain said something today about the Rh factor, it sounded like he said it was Rh negative blood which is rare, supposedly 15% of the US population/ 7% of the world population are Rh negative. There are all kinds of weird theories about people with the Rh factor, including being a descendant of aliens, angels, all kinds of weird stuff associated with Rh negative blood which, figures, is my blood type. Maybe that's why I lean more towards Team Liz/jk lol

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

For some stupid reason I looked it up and only 1.5 percent of the population has B- blood.

I had the same stupid impulse. But sadly, I took it further and watched that July 15&16 2010 episodes where her hospital tag said she was A+ (second most common blood type). From what I can tell Liz now has magical unicorn blood that changes as the story dictates because she is now RH null (I heard null not negative).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think that stuff was about setting up, I'm speculating, 

Hide contents

Paul somehow making Alexis the scapegoat in Julian going free at his trial and him joining the lynch mob that's gonna come after her.  Ugh, so terrible.

Sounds about right. Plus Sonny told Griffin how Alexis is drinking a lot more than usual.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. A glare is about as menacing as Julian gets.

I have long assumed that characteristically mellow Julian is retired from the really bad mob activities, and actually spends most of his time as an overpaid golf pro in his golden years. His threats to slit Alexis's throat with a dagger seemed out of character.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I liked Finn today, but for me him and Hayden came out of nowhere and he's kind of asexual to me. I don't think I'd be able to get into anyone they paired him with. Maybe Tracy.

I strongly feel that it is wrong to make Finn part of any couple, since his pet dragon Roxy (?) has such a deep place in his affections.

Hamilton_and_Bearded_dragon-e1458663662325.png

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is this embryo shit the only story that doesn't involve Freako, Nina, or Ava?

Just wait.

I notice that Griffin's extreme anger seems to be reserved towards people with vaginas.

Surprise, surprise.

I thought I'd watch the Nelle/Carly scenes. Boring tbh. They need to step it up with this story asap. Also, I can not stand the way LW is playing Carly. It's insufferable.

The Dante/Lulu e***** thing continues to be horrible, but at least Dante finally brought up that they already have a child.

Everything in this ep (that I watched, which was maybe like 10%) sucked lol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought I'd watch the Nelle/Carly scenes. Boring tbh. They need to step it up with this story asap. Also, I can not stand the way LW is playing Carly. It's insufferable.

Laura Wright's probably ready to snap as well.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lovelynn said:

My growing hatred for Franco is making me appreciate Sonny. I quite enjoyed Sonny's "cheaters find someone new to cheat with" and took it as a sign that Carly/Sonny will blow up again.

Have Sonny and Carly ever outright cheated on each other? They've cheated with each other while with other people, but on each other? I feel like they were always at least separated before they hooked up with someone else.

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

I had the same stupid impulse. But sadly, I took it further and watched that July 15&16 2010 episodes where her hospital tag said she was A+ (second most common blood type). From what I can tell Liz now has magical unicorn blood that changes as the story dictates because she is now RH null (I heard null not negative).

I'm sorry, it was "null" but my mind translated it to Rh negative because I automatically assumed since it was TFGH they got it wrong. TBH I never heard of Rh null, I knew Rh negative was considered rare but after looking it up (which I should have done but I thought he was mumbling) I realized they must have googled "what is the rarest blood type" because I read as of 2010 only 45 people have Rh null/magical unicorn blood (lol) in the entire world. They should have gone with Rh negative IMO to make it slightly more believable because the odds of 2 people in the same country, the same state, the same- oh hell, what am I saying, it's a damn soap opera and TFGH to boot.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

All these stories and characters are completely unwatchable, IDC, call me Debbie Downer.

They are unwatchable and they're barely stories, it's more an incoherent mess of boring scenes strung together without any thought of long-term planning or any sense of pacing. And it's not like hiring a bunch of new characters without complicated backstories has improved the storytelling - so maybe FV could spend some of the money on sets instead of driving this show towards cancellation with his idiot casting choices

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Have Sonny and Carly ever outright cheated on each other? They've cheated with each other while with other people, but on each other? I feel like they were always at least separated before they hooked up with someone else.

What about Sam?  Sonny went to a lot of trouble to keep Sam's pregnancy from Carly.  I can't remember if they were separated at the time.

They are really pushing Dr. Michael Easton/Rebecca Budig and Franco/Liz as this frontburner quad and I do not get it.

I do.  Doc Finn & Hayden are hot- and it's clear the actors enjoy working together.  It seems like the 4 of them like working together.  

And anything that keeps Sonny from dominating the my television screen a win.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I do.  Doc Finn & Hayden are hot- and it's clear the actors enjoy working together.  It seems like the 4 of them like working together.  

And anything that keeps Sonny from dominating the my television screen a win.

Really, Franco. Sonny sucks, no doubt but they are at the same tier. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Taking this to the history thread.

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

What about Sam?  Sonny went to a lot of trouble to keep Sam's pregnancy from Carly.  I can't remember if they were separated at the time.

I think they were separated during Sonny/Sam but they'd reunited by the time Sam found out she was pregnant. I'm pretty sure Jason was the driving force behind keeping the secret - probably for the Redheaded Menace's sake

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

For me personally, I can't with any Michael Easton romantic pairing after years of John McBain.

It's just so weird to me that, last summer when the ratings were tanking, Franco was dominating the show and Michael Easton was being killed off.  But now here they are, both frontburner like whoa. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Dr. Finn McBain said something today about the Rh factor, it sounded like he said it was Rh negative blood which is rare, supposedly 15% of the US population/ 7% of the world population are Rh negative. There are all kinds of weird theories about people with the Rh factor, including being a descendant of aliens, angels, all kinds of weird stuff associated with Rh negative blood which, figures, is my blood type. Maybe that's why I lean more towards Team Liz/jk lol

Liz and Hayden have got RH-null blood, which is not even large enough to be talked about in terms of percentages.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2014/11/13/rare-blood-type

But yeah, us alien "negs" are basically your future overlords, so watch your tone. ;) 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
clarification
  • Love 3

I wanted to watch today to see Tristan Rogers, but of course FV and these terrible writers ruined everything by making Robert Scorpio be civil to Sonny.  It wasn't enough that they made Anna work with the mumbling little greaseball but now Robert has to be nice to him, too?   I do not understand why Sonny and Carly and all their assorted, awful children have such a hold on this show.  Not only are they all horrible; they're fucking boring. 

• Love 10

Do they have to stage so many bleeding conversations in the Perks courtyard?  Even Ava, bless her heart, was having her latte there instead of her usual mixed drink in the Metro Bar. It's after Labor Day now--isn't the weather getting autumnal in Port Charles, with brisk breezes and blowing dead leaves?

Seems like Perks should not be such a cozy choice anymore.

• Love 4

Having Freako, the ******, and Justice For Duke in the same episode was extremely overwhelming. I thought about hitting the delete button.

Griffin criticizing Alexis is coming out of nowhere. Since when does he care about Justice For Duke?

Please Paul, make it more obvious that you're up to something.

I like how Liez wasn't even on today but we still had to deal with Freako's whiny bitch ass. 

• Love 4

I thought I'd watch the Nelle/Carly scenes. Boring tbh.

Please make Nelle - Carly's personal evil leprechaun.  Pretty please.  It could have been my imagination but there was a slight evil twinkle in Nelle's eyes during the hugging scene.  Watching Nelle  is like pouring pepto bismo on my rage of having to watch one more scene trying to depict this disgusting violent family as anything but the scum of the earth that they are. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Liz and Hayden have got RH-null blood, which is not even large enough to be talked about in terms of percentages.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2014/11/13/rare-blood-type

But yeah, us alien "negs" are basically your future overlords, so watch your tone. ;) 

RH-null blood is so rare that, considering that both Liz and Hayden have had hospitalizations and surgeries, their blood types would have been known for a long time.  And it is extremely likely that they would already be aware of each other's existence because of this shared rarity. 

But this is GH - so I waste my breath, right?

• Love 10
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm ready for both Dante and Lulu to go. Their characters have been ruined. When it's not Dante, it's Lulu.

Reveal hidden contents

I feel a little bit bad, but Michael's droopy dog look of sadness is gonna make me laugh. Yes, I know I'm horrible.

Sigh, maybe this is why DZ spoke about "characters having a shelf life."  I'd say these two both are past by their best-by dates.  And I still say that, risks notwithstanding, both might be better off away from this pairing. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

RH-null blood is so rare that, considering that both Liz and Hayden have had hospitalizations and surgeries, their blood types would have been known for a long time.  And it is extremely likely that they would already be aware of each other's existence because of this shared rarity. 

But this is GH - so I waste my breath, right?

If Liz has such rare blood, then why not contact her damn siblings, Sarah and Steve? Maybe her father? Or maybe a person whom she has donated to in the past to save said worthless life, Sonny? Or check to see if Liz has donated blood recently? Since plenty of health care workers regularly donate blood due to their knowledge of the blood supply shortages. And if the hospital knew how rare her blood type was, you can bet your ass they would be having her donate and be sure to keep some on hand. Just to be safe.

This stupid fucking show.

I care about Duke and his death as much as I care about Sonny, Jason and Franco. You know, the other mobsters/murderers in town. So not at all.

• Love 5

I don't understand why they still haven't bothered to learn the characters. FV should've been embarrassed by that idiotic interview he gave about Kristina/Parker/Kiefer. How hard could it have been to have someone, anyone on staff actually  watch that story? They're not interested in writing GH and I'm not interested in watching this shitty bizzaro version of my soap

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Please make Nelle - Carly's personal evil leprechaun.  Pretty please.  It could have been my imagination but there was a slight evil twinkle in Nelle's eyes during the hugging scene.  Watching Nelle  is like pouring pepto bismo on my rage of having to watch one more scene trying to depict this disgusting violent family as anything but the scum of the earth that they are. 

Yea, Nelle definitely had an 'I'm about to ruin you' look in her eye during the hug. No other reason for them to close up on her during it than to show us that. Subtle, they are not. And I mean I'm super down for Nelle making Carly's life hell, but at the same time UGH to Carly having another fucking child. Also, I am 100% sure that Nelle will just end up profusely apologizing to Carly and telling her she's braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart. (Did I get that right?) But still I'll enjoy Carly's misery while it lasts.

16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Unless they want to bring back Johnny. I watched the NYE kiss between them last night. Great chemistry, and I don't understand why the writers didn't write the rest of it. 

They never do anything right!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If they're going to bring on a long lost child for Carly/someone to give her shit, it should be someone better than this boring ass wet drip vanilla wafer Nelly person. This character is on her way to reaching Tree levels of dullness to me.

I'm hoping she'll be more fun once she's officially revealed to be scheeemiiing.

• Love 3

I would rather have Nelle be AJ's daughter out for revenge on the Corinthi clan for being such shitheads, but the writers would never do that because that would be an intriguing storyline. Manipulate and seduce Morgan, sabotage the coffee business and Metrocourt, etc. 

So has Liz been hemorrhaging this whole time in surgery while Franco is running around town trying to get Hayden's blood? Sure...

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, twoods said:

I would rather have Nelle be AJ's daughter out for revenge on the Corinthi clan for being such shitheads, but the writers would never do that because that would be an intriguing storyline. Manipulate and seduce Morgan, sabotage the coffee business and Metrocourt, etc. 

So has Liz been hemorrhaging this whole time in surgery while Franco is running around town trying to get Hayden's blood? Sure...

Nelle being AJ's secret daughter is aces with me. Other option? Make her the secret daughter of the real Carly, since Caroline stole her identity as some weird nonsensical tribute to the supposed bestie whose father Caroline was sleeping with on the side.

Liz has been bleeding out for hours? Griffin had enough time to shower and have lunch or whatever with Sonny,but this is some dire situation?  They don't have the blood or the time, so I would think that virtually all surgeons would've just stopped the bleeding, taken the spleen and SAVED LIZ'S LIFE! Sure, saving the spleen would be great. But it isn't needed to freaking LIVE. What a bunch of hooey.

• Love 3

It's enraging that Anna is staying in CA because Robin doesn't think she (Anna) can emotionally handle Julian's trial. What the what? This is so wrong on so many levels. I don't want to hear Anna bleating on about justice for Duke for one more second, but if Anna were so bent on getting justice for Duke, she should want to be at the trial to make sure Julian gets convicted. Finish what you started, Anna. As for accounting for Anna's absence, why not make it impossible for her to fly back because of wildfires or something that isn't related to being a fragile, emotional wimmins? It's bad enough we have to deal with Alexis falling apart and being a mess. GAH.

Is Liz actually hemorrhaging, or is the blood bank simply out of usable options for her?

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

something that isn't related to being a fragile, emotional wimmins?

Anna has been a basketcase about this for more than a year now. She was crying in every scene. I don't want to see her finish what she started bc, as usual with this show, they drag something so much viewers like myself stop caring. I want this storyline to end without her and for her to come back and be done with it. It's ridiculous how long this has been going on. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3