Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The one thing about GH other than Jason/Sam that I am starting to really like (Kevin/Laura) so GH messes it up already! Kevin has a publishing deal and is writing a book about her?! WTF, writers. Why would he do that?

Because Robert Fucking Scorpio is in town, and the writers needed a Reasons/Helena to shitcan the relationship in one show. Saying "Kevin, this was all nice, but let's step back a moment" takes up two or three shows, and they need that airtime for Jasam and Lante, not to mention All Nina all the time.

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Kevin? I find it a hard to believe that he would not tell Laura about possibly wanting to use some of her Cassadine stories in a fictional book. But, I thought it was a nice call back to Kevin's PC days as a writer of fiction.

I think we can now amend to "Reasons/Helena/Commercial Break/Bookdeal".

Parker's outlived her welcome and usefulness. Now Show can pat itself on the back for having Krissy come out as.... as.... well, they'll get a GLAAD award out of this, but Krissy will now date and have sex solely with men.

4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Since Dr. O had Lulu's original embryos (implanting Rocco into Britt), perhaps she knows what happened to Lulu's eggs.

Wasn't it that there were three embryos, one became Rocco, one Stavros had and wanted to use for a StaLu baby and three that Lante have and were going to use that is now not viable.

That's correct. I would not put it past Show to say there were more embryos created. Think "Boys from Brazil"/"Orphan Black".

• Love 4

Robert Fuckin' Scorpio is my all time favourite soap character, so I have no problem when he's in town, but why bring him during the summer when Anna's out of town and other than Mac/Felicia, he has no other family or connections in town?  Or is he being used in the Valentin story, as in the WSB is on his trail because he escaped type of thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Question: Is Mo doing that thing where he refuses to interact or speak to new actors on the show for like a year because he's the shit and he hates change or whatever his reasoning behind this is?

I just assume that, after the scenes are over, he heads back to his dressing room and vows to his picture of SBu "Don't worry, I'm not letting him in." 

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Seriously, re: Jason, look at this grimace of hate:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fyeahGH/status/768876784339316737/photo/1

They really need to do something about the lighting.  It looks like BM is working on some method of slowly morphing his hair and skin into one uniform color.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Question: I missed Thursday's show due to some DVR failure. Was there any more movement on the diamonds plot? I want to see Liz and Rebecca Budig go at it again. I'm sorry.

Liz took the diamonds over to Franco's so she could get his "advice." Liz wants to turn the diamonds in to the feds because then Hayden will go to prison and so Raymond Berlin's victims can recoup some of their money, but also because Hayden will go to prison. Also, she wants Hayden to go to prison. Franco was like, well, you should turn the diamonds in to the feds then, causing Liz to make googly eyes at him. It was nasty. Also, Naomi and Hayden came back to Wyndemere and discovered the open box; Naomi looked through it for the diamonds while Hayden sadly hugged Nik's suit jacket.

I don't remember the specifics of the original Lante embryos, but I thought there was only one left, which is the one Dr. Lee just told them isn't viable. But Lulu said something about how Stavros harvested her eggs before putting her in the deep freeze, so while there's a Lulu-Stavros embryo out there somewhere, there are maybe a bunch of unfertilized eggs as well.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It just seems like it came out of nowhere as manufactured angst. 

That's all these writers know how to do.

9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nelle is boring me.

Same. She is just boring and pointless. They need to get started on her "Out to get Carly because she's her mom who abandoned her" story asap. At least there's some potential for something interesting there. Kinda. I guess.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Seriously, re: Jason, look at this grimace of hate:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fyeahGH/status/768876784339316737/photo/1

This is truly amazing.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Liz took the diamonds over to Franco's so she could get his "advice." Liz wants to turn the diamonds in to the feds because then Hayden will go to prison and so Raymond Berlin's victims can recoup some of their money, but also because Hayden will go to prison. Also, she wants Hayden to go to prison. Franco was like, well, you should turn the diamonds in to the feds then, causing Liz to make googly eyes at him. It was nasty. Also, Naomi and Hayden came back to Wyndemere and discovered the open box; Naomi looked through it for the diamonds while Hayden sadly hugged Nik's suit jacket.

Liez wants Hayden to go to prison because she kept a secret from Nik and gave him the sadz. Nevermind the fact that he HAD HER SHOT IN THE HEAD AND LIEZ KEPT QUIET ABOUT IT. This is not a good look for her, especially since her own lies and schemes were exposed not too long ago.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I try not to speculate too much on MB's state of mind, but I can't help but wonder if there's a part of him that's thinking, "if they can recast Jason they can maybe recast Sonny."

Those four college tuitions aren't going to pay themselves. I can't see MB leaving GH unless the show ends. What else would he do? If he wanted to do other things, I'm sure he could negotiate the time off. Even if another soap snapped him up, he wouldn't be the undisputed top dog there.

BM's grins all look like he's gritting his teeth.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Liez wants Hayden to go to prison because she kept a secret from Nik and gave him the sadz. Nevermind the fact that he HAD HER SHOT IN THE HEAD AND LIEZ KEPT QUIET ABOUT IT. This is not a good look for her, especially since her own lies and schemes were exposed not too long ago.

I couldn't care less about the hypocrisy,  but Liz has a point about throwing HaChel in prison. Those gems belong to her dad's bilked victims. And HaChel took them for her own means. Which then brings up why she needed Ric's money as an excuse to be in PC and the whole lying about being "Jake's" wife. But whatever. 

And Liz only had the belief that Nik ordered the hit on Hayden. She didn't know for sure until much later. She had no direct evidence. It isn't like she witnessed him giving an order to the hitman, had video or a paper trail of the payment.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It just looks OTT and fake. Laughing and smiling too much does that sometimes. I blame LW. She's been doing this for awhile. It's the same problems I had with VM during her last visit. The laughing.

LW comes off fake in general, but BM comes off more angry-fake. I think it's like dubbel zout said, the teeth gritting makes him seem annoyed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Those gems belong to her dad's bilked victims. And HaChel took them for her own means. Which then brings up why she needed Ric's money as an excuse to be in PC and the whole lying about being "Jake's" wife. But whatever. 

I think the (stupid and lazy) story was that she needed money while she was waiting to fence the diamonds. Which makes Rebecca Budig character even grosser. She was willing to use Nik's money to pay back the victims but she wasn't going to live without the cushion of those diamonds or the $5M Nik was going to pay her to get out of that marriage

18 minutes ago, backhometome said:

I find BM miles better than blank stare SBu. 

Oh, yeah, 100% better in the emoting department. Can't argue with that. 

For me, it was the Sonny/Carly/Jason scenes in yesterday's episode that didn't click with me. They were unnatural and everyone was just...weird.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They really needed to create a new path for the character instead of only focusing on his romantic interests.

He has no job, no hobbies, no real scenes with his kids, no purpose, no POV. It's been Liz/Sam and then arguing with Nik or Franco. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They really needed to create a new path for the character instead of only focusing on his romantic interests.

I'd add he's not really playing Jason anyway--rather some morphed quasi-Jason that neither the writers or the actor seems to have a clue as to how to define him.  Billy Miller still seems to be playing 80% "Jake Doe," aka good-time frat boy, with 20% of Jason/Borg-like tendencies.  It doesn't work because we're supposed to believe he has his memories back and that all the people in his life don't notice the difference.  

7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It doesn't work because we're supposed to believe he has his memories back and that all the people in his life don't notice the difference.  

But he doesn't have all his memories back. That's the other thing that's ridic. He's still all, "Blah blah I'm starting to remember." They won't let him fully become the character. He still acts like a stranger with most of the characters.

Just now, HeatLifer said:

But he doesn't have all his memories back. That's the other thing that's ridic. He's still all, "Blah blah I'm starting to remember." They won't let him fully become the character. He still acts like a stranger with most of the characters.

But even that keeps morphing.  One day he's like "I got all my memories back!" and then when it's a plot-point he's like "I'm still remembering things" but then he'll pull some random fact out of his ass that makes it seem like he does remember it all.  

And, I'll add, ANY  of the bad shit?  Just gets swept under the rug, by both Sam and him.  That's why I rolled my eyes when Carly was like 'OMG, IT'S ABOUT TIME!" for them to remarry when they should still be sorting through their shitty history.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'd add he's not really playing Jason anyway--rather some morphed quasi-Jason that neither the writers or the actor seems to have a clue as to how to define him.

I think the same could be said of most of the characters on the show. Carly hasn't been in character since Franco and most of the other characters have felt like body-snatched pod persons for the past few years.

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I really think that's the only intelligent thing that they've done with this story. It's been executed sloppily, because that's what they do - but since neither the actor nor the writers seem to have a grasp on the character - providing latitude for out of character behaviors makes sense, they just need to allow the other characters to react to those OOC behaviors

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But even that keeps morphing.  One day he's like "I got all my memories back!" and then when it's a plot-point he's like "I'm still remembering things" but then he'll pull some random fact out of his ass that makes it seem like he does remember it all.  

And, I'll add, ANY  of the bad shit?  Just gets swept under the rug, by both Sam and him.  That's why I rolled my eyes when Carly was like 'OMG, IT'S ABOUT TIME!" for them to remarry when they should still be sorting through their shitty history.

I'm gonna reply in the history thread.

12 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

they just need to allow the other characters to react to those OOC behaviors

This. No one ever commented on his new face, his new behaviors. It was TOO easy to have him leave the mob. It's stupid and the drama was sucked out of it for no reason.

14 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

most of the other characters have felt like body-snatched pod persons for the past few years.

All of the characters. Seriously.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It was TOO easy to have him leave the mob. 

Has Jason officially left? I know he told Sonny he wasn't interested, but he also told Sonny he'd help him out if needed. The show constantly tries to have everything both ways. It's so annoying.

LOL that Luke "intercepted" a bunch of messages from Tracy, Laura, and Lulu. They were calling a number he gave them. We're probably supposed to think Luke is off on capers.

If no one knew about Valentin, how could the WSB have files on him? (I know, logic has no place here.) Also, if I were hugging RF!S, I'd never let go.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Has Jason officially left? I know he told Sonny he wasn't interested, but he also told Sonny he'd help him out if needed. The show constantly tries to have everything both ways. It's so annoying.

They could obviously put him right back into the mob if they wanted, but as of now, he has nothing to do with it. He doesn't talk about it, no one is coming after him, he doesn't interact with Sonny (minus yesterday)....I'm not saying I WANT him involved, but that conflict to leave was a chance for drama. TPTB have made everything too easy for Jason. At the end of the day, this is a soap. Those fluffy couple-y scenes have a place, but it's time to give these actors something to do.

• Love 1

Two strikes against Kevin in the last two days, sadly - what he did to Laura (though at least he is trying to rectify that) and now he's championing Franco as a suitable employee for the hospital and a date for Liz.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5

What was the crap Sonny was spewing about "protection" today? IIRC, being the Don of the Eastern and Bolivian seaboard didn't prevent him from getting beaten up when he was in the pen. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Two strikes against Kevin in the last two days, sadly - what he did to Laura and now he's championing Franco as a suitable employee for the hospital and a date for Liz.

I can't hold that against him, they all must be inexplicably be made to held the Franco torch at one point or another.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

lol look at the last gif

http://emily-kinney.tumblr.com/post/149260849480/clintasha-its-a-miracle-do-you-know-that

He looks so angry! Maybe the smiles come across differently when actually watching instead of gifs/pictures, but it's still funny.

He looked/looks pretty happy to me.   But YMMV.

24 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

"Elizabeth is kind of known for her integrity"?!? BWAH!!

To be fair, compared to Franco that's not a very high bar.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It was TOO easy to have him leave the mob. 

It's an homage to Game of Thrones maybe? Like Jon Snow, he swore fealty until his death, he died, was brought back, and now-- he's out.

Is the Jon Snow thing a spoiler at this point? 

19 hours ago, OnceSane said:

How can I put this delicately?

AJ WAS FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Barf. 

Can we get these two things put on a crossstich and put in the Corinthos home?  And literally, I mean "AJ was FAAAAAAAAATTT!!!!"  and Spinelli equals barf!"

I don't hold Kevin's torchbearing against him, but the writers. That said, really writers? Him advising Liz that Franco wasn't undateable? He barely knows her! How the hell does he know if it would be good for Liz to date Franco?

I did like the next scene between him and Liz though. I finally felt like Liz was sad about Nikolas.

Laura needed to tell Hayden that Spencer and her are not the same person and maybe he'll like boarding school perfectly fine.

I don't mind Heather visits, since she's confined. RM always delivers her lines well. 

Nice to see Robert.

Wow, that was a super pointless lunch date between Paul, Dillon, and Tracy. Why not just have Dillon and Paul get along, since it's obvious they won't get into this any deeper? And Paul's working on a murder case, Dillon was being petulant. 

Is Sonny in love with Julian? Otherwise why is he constantly in his face?

oh lord, is Lulu gonna seriously ask poor Robert whether her eggs survived the explosion?

• Love 6