Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, backhometome said:

Its too bad about the timing of the recast because I was really into the Ava/Nik scenes.

BM and his facial expressions are killing me. 

Anna telling Sonny about police business had me rolling my eyes so hard. 

Its all just par for the course with tiic of GH. I also liked Ava/Nick. A couple with actual chemistry whod a thought, apparently not TIIC of this show.Anna even talking to Sonny without kicking his ass for shooting her daughter is ????Can't think of a word awful enough for it. I watch this show when I watch very seldom lately, with my back to the tv on my computer..Will have to watch what everyone seems to be liking about the faces.

• Love 1

Did Maura West & Tyler Christopher ever have one on one dialogue before? They were so good on the airplane. I think a lot of that is due to West getting to play a fun side of Ava but Tyler was game, too. That said, I'm not sure how they would be back in the Port Charles universe? Have you ever seen Tyler & Maurice Bernard in a scene together? Somehow the Cassidine world doesn't mix with the mob world of Sonny, Ava & Julian. It should be interesting to see how this plays out when/if Tyler Christopher returns.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Somehow the Cassidine world doesn't mix with the mob world of Sonny, Ava & Julian.

It could if that's how Nik decides to get the family fortune back. It's more organic than going after ELQ again, IMO. He's clearly not above doing something illegal.

If they arrested Alexis just because her fingerprints are on the dagger, then the PCPD is even more simple-minded than we thought. The dagger belongs to her; it's not unusual or suspicious that her prints would be on it. That would be akin to, say, a couple returning home to find a burglar in their house. The burglar grabs a knife from the kitchen, stabs the husband to death, and runs away. Police examine the knife and say, "welp, the wife's prints are all over it, so obviously the murderer is Mrs. Johnson. Good day's work, people!"

I don't think Julian tried to frame Alexis though. I think he thought he got rid of the evidence by wiping the blade off with a bloody shirt and then returning it to the bookcase, which is where everyone keeps their daggers. At least we know he's smart enough to be on the PC police force.

19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Have you ever seen Tyler & Maurice Bernard in a scene together?

Now that you mention it, only very rarely. Sonny is Spencer's uncle, but Sonny and Nik don't interact at all.

• Love 4

So I checked in on this shithole. Maura and TC have major chemistry (he always does with the villains) but I got through about a minute and a half of Trent Dawson as Henry Huxley. Oy. No.

Budig is giving it her all with wit and verve and ME is still keyed up as the new character, but Hayden and Finn are doomed to monotonous boredom and failure like virtually all of ME's pairings with the standard-issue Sexy Ladies. Stop trying to make him happen with conventional pairings, it's not going to work any time soon. Especially not when the show is now hanging out on a limb trying to build a major storyline with two Daytime Superstars whose characters have both barely been on the show a year/4-6 months.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Did Maura West & Tyler Christopher ever have one on one dialogue before? They were so good on the airplane. I think a lot of that is due to West getting to play a fun side of Ava but Tyler was game, too. That said, I'm not sure how they would be back in the Port Charles universe? Have you ever seen Tyler & Maurice Bernard in a scene together? Somehow the Cassidine world doesn't mix with the mob world of Sonny, Ava & Julian. It should be interesting to see how this plays out when/if Tyler Christopher returns.

I think it's just a continuation of Nik/TC being more interesting and having more spark with bad girls - it really wasn't Hayden, it was just the character type

(edited)
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Heh, that's being generous. After he told Jordan he loved her, I was expecting him to follow up with, "I love desk. I love lamp."

I've tried to give him a chance but Andre delivers every line with the emotion of a National Geographic salesman. I don't understand why all these gross or boring dudes fall for poor Anna at random. I still don't understand what the fuck went down with creepy Paul suddenly having it bad for her, whatever happened to that? And how the hell did Paul get off those charges re: Carlos?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, jsbt said:

whatever happened to that?

If the expected happens, Anna and Paul will be dating-site pals and then meet for a date without knowing each other's true identity. 

I really liked Sonny and Paul facing off—the actors work well together—but since Sonny always has to win, it was a waste.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nick Stabile is only 2 years older than Tyler Christopher. I actually think he's better looking then Tyler.

Which is why I was surprised that he looks (imo) a bit older. Maybe he can dye his hair?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Why is Anna fucking Devane's storyline going on a dating site?

Emma set up a profile for her because she thinks Anna needs to move on. When your 8-year-old granddaughter has had enough, you've beaten the horse dead.

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

How bad is NeverNik?

He's actually not that bad, it's just jarring that TC had a beard and glasses and NS has neither, plus graying hair, and no explanation given.

• Love 5

He looks like another one of those blandly handsome, weirdly plastic looking guys that FV favors in casting - I really wish he'd step away from casting, it's kinda creepy at this point 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

He looks like another one of those blandly handsome, weirdly plastic looking guys that FV favors in casting - I really wish he'd step away from casting, it's kinda creepy at this point 

I'm expecting The Grandfather of Old Man Nate.  I will have to get to this.  I am going to make tacos and look for a new bed for my cat.  These are more important tasks than GH tbh.   

• Love 1

OK, so I've missed about a week and a half (mostly vacation, which I spent in Orlando for what turned out to be the city's worst week ever).  Did I miss anything important or any scenes I'll want to seek out to see?  

Why was Ava in the car with Nik? I thought she was supposed to be laying low in London for awhile?

She had a business meeting, and she offered Nik a ride to the airport instead of him taking a cab to remain inconspicuous.

On 6/17/2016 at 3:42 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ava seriously blamed Nik for their predicament? She's the one who glommed onto him the moment she realized she was sitting next to him on the plane. UGH.

She didn't blame him until he blamed her, she wasn't going to take that lying down. But her interactions and her words to him pretty much tell why she glommed on to him. She's on his side and wants to help him. She has experience with faking death and wants to know why he's doing it, since she knows firsthand the effect it has on your kids. Plus the fact that she's clearly just lonely and just wanted to have a meal with him.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:21 PM, Perkie said:

Did I miss something?  How did Ava and Nik end up at Huxley's estate?  They wanted to get rid of him the night before so when he showed in the morning they changed their mind and decided to hop into his car?  Wuh?  

I thought I had missed something too, it was a horrible transition from the end of Thursday into the beginning of Friday. All of a sudden they were at Huxley's and it was very WTF. I thought it was a cut scene but then someone said it was maybe because they thought they'd have more time with Tyler.

Finally back and all caught up after the boyfriend visit and other family drama I'm dealing with. My mom has basically pulled a Sonny Corinthos "you're all dead to me" and wants nothing to do with her children anymore. Great. Bad enough seeing it on this crap show.

Quick summary of thoughts: 1) I really loved Ava/Nik before Not Nik came around. It's just not the same dynamic in any way. I'm going to pretend that it was TC Nik in the car though and that they fell asleep on each other. 2) I liked seeing Molly/TJ again, even though it sucks that they are never on and don't get written for. 3) Curtis, my god. Has anyone ever looked that good on this show without a shirt? 4) Finn, STFU. 5) They're ruining the Curtis/Hayden friendship, and while it was more one-sided, they never invested enough in the writing for them and now she's with Finn. Blech. 6) The fact that everyone is fooled by Spencer just makes them all look completely stupid. 7) Julian is now definitely in the creepy range. 8) I like Billy/Kelly better than Jason/Sam, but I still think they make a cute little family with Danny.

Previews: Olivia lives!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

OK, so I've missed about a week and a half (mostly vacation, which I spent in Orlando for what turned out to be the city's worst week ever).  Did I miss anything important or any scenes I'll want to seek out to see?  

I can't even imagine what it's been like in Orlando. I was just there in October.

There were some Liz scenes at the hospital with Felix, Finn and Franco, not sure if you'd want to watch that or not. Some Laura/Kevin, some Felicia with Emma. Sorry, can't remember what else you might be interested in. Not much of the rest, probably. My UO is that I didn't hate Valerie. She looked really good.

• Love 5

Yikes, tvgoddess, sorry to hear about the not-so-great drama. 

I wouldn't mind if Ava used her evil murder powers on Huxley.

@KerleyQ you might wanna check out Friday for the sheer novelty of NuNik, but otherwise can't think of anything standing out.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I can't even imagine what it's been like in Orlando. I was just there in October.

There were some Liz scenes at the hospital with Felix, Finn and Franco, not sure if you'd want to watch that or not. Some Laura/Kevin, some Felicia with Emma. Sorry, can't remember what else you might be interested in. Not much of the rest, probably. My UO is that I didn't hate Valerie. She looked really good.

It got to the point where we were afraid to turn on our TV or look at any social media when we got back to the hotel room each night.  Our last night there was the night that poor boy was grabbed by an alligator.  We were on a bus headed back to our hotel (the next one over from where it happened), and I saw some helicopters and knew, given how the week was going, it was going to be something really bad.  It's kind of surreal being in this "happy" family vacation spot and just getting hit with awful news stories in the area one right after the other.  You start feeling kind of guilty heading out to the theme parks to have fun.  

I may try to catch the Liz hospital scenes and check out NuTempNik.  I figured it was likely, given how the show's been, that I didn't miss anything important or, you know, good.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yikes, tvgoddess, sorry to hear about the not-so-great drama. 

@KerleyQ you might wanna check out Friday for the sheer novelty of NuNik, but otherwise can't think of anything standing out.

Thanks ulkis. And I definitely wouldn't mind if she did either.

Oh, I forgot my other favorite part of the week. When Paul shades Sonny for having so many children and how many baby mamas. About damn time his ass is called out for that when it's usually only the women that are. And not forgetting had his other children lived, he'd have freaking 8 damn kids! With seven different women.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And not forgetting had his other children lived, he'd have freaking 8 damn kids! With seven different women.

With two of them by a mother/daughter. (Eeewww, even if it is via retcon with Alexis/Sam.)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Thanks ulkis. And I definitely wouldn't mind if she did either.

Oh, I forgot my other favorite part of the week. When Paul shades Sonny for having so many children and how many baby mamas. About damn time his ass is called out for that when it's usually only the women that are. And not forgetting had his other children lived, he'd have freaking 8 damn kids! With seven different women.

What day is this?  Eh I might peep in.  I  need to see Richard Burgi's distinguished ass and laugh at The FauxNik.  

I loved that. Anna had to think about it, and very hesitatingly said, "I don't know...five, I think?" Then Paul's "With how many different women?" Very meta. Like, he was a new viewer and she was someone who had followed the show for longer.  

Let's sort them out chronologically. Dante via Olivia, long prior to Sonny's first apperarance. The baby with Lily, dead in clink-boom, 1996. The baby Carly lost when AJ "threw her down the stairs," 2000. Michael, stolen/adopted with Carly, 2000-01. Kristina via Alexis, 2002. Morgan via Carly, 2003. The baby Sam lost, 2004. Avery via Ava, 2014.  

There was never a Claudia miscarriage or faked pregnancy, was there? I feel I remember some story where Sonny was only putting up with Claudia because of a baby, but it's possible I'm thinking of the same actress as Carly ten years earlier.  

I'm surprised they let the trope of Sonny as Fertility God rest for as long as they did. There was ten years between the Sam miscarriage and Avery.  He was siring them annually for a while there.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

There was never a Claudia miscarriage or faked pregnancy, was there? I feel I remember some story where Sonny was only putting up with Claudia because of a baby, but it's possible I'm thinking of the same actress as Carly ten years earlier.  

Claudia did miscarry, but I can't remember now if the kid was Sonny's or Ric's.  Sonny thought it was his, though.  And that's what set off Crazy Claudia kidnapping Carly and trying to steal Josslyn, which resulted in Michael killing her.

• Love 1

Yes, there was a Claudia miscarriage. Kristina unintentionally ran her off the road because she was upset about something (Kiefer?) and she lost the baby. That was in 2009 or so, I think.

Claudia....was pregnant and that's why Sonny married/stayed married to her?  

Watching Friday's episode now.  So, Sonny runs the PCPD now?  He controls the DA as well?  Who does MB have incriminating photos of?  

NuNik does look like SK, but is not a good actor.  He's learned nothing from his time as NotFox on Passions.  I don't know what Huxley is, but it needs to be killed with fire.  Lol at Sam saying BM Jason looks like he's in the military.  No.  He looks like he's a corporate guy having a life crisis and playing dress up.  The man belongs in a nice suit.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Claudia did miscarry, but I can't remember now if the kid was Sonny's or Ric's.  Sonny thought it was his, though. 

If Claudia's Wiki page can be trusted, "An amniocentesis later proves that the baby is Sonny's." So, if all of them had lived, he'd have nine children with seven women, counting the non-biological Michael. Wow.  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

Me neither. He's awful. Everything—the writing, acting—tries too hard.

10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why didn't Alexis or Julian get rid of the dagger instead of keeping it in the house?

I assume Julian didn't get rid of the dagger because then Alexis would realize it was the murder weapon, and once Alexis realized it was the murder weapon, she probably wanted to use it to blackmail Julian somehow. Also, she seems to have weird sentimental feelings toward it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I assume Julian didn't get rid of the dagger because then Alexis would realize it was the murder weapon, and once Alexis realized it was the murder weapon, she probably wanted to use it to blackmail Julian somehow. Also, she seems to have weird sentimental feelings toward it.

Julian could've at least attempted to find a replica to replace it. As for Alexis, she should have put it in a safe deposit box or something since she knows the cops suspect Julian and would likely search the house at some point. People on this show are so stupid. 

• Love 7

Is Molly having sleepovers with TJ at Sonny's house? If so eww.

Helena couldn't have planned it better when she left that knife to Alexis for all the problems that it is causing her.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess a lot of you are enjoying Ava/Nik (at least with TC), but I feel like Ava was so oddly shoehorned into Nik's storyline. They both come from two totally different parts of the show, and they've never even shared any dialogue. Though, interestingly enough, the Julexis marraige sort of makes them in-laws? Lol.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 1

I don't care if they've never shared a scene until now. That's on the writers. In a town that should only have 25 or so full time cast with maybe 35 or so recurring cast, they should have. They were interesting, engaging, and I want to see more. But I probably won't be able to since who even knows if TC is even coming back to this show.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

They both come from two totally different parts of the show, and they've never even shared any dialogue.

That's one reason it's so odd to me that Ava is so invested in Nik's charade. I'd rather she blackmailed him instead of trying to help him. That seems more in character to me.

• Love 4

I just caught up on last week's episodes. I'm left thinking....

• Why is everyone still wondering why Spencer is acting that way? Have they JUST met the kid? He has been a weirdo from the jump. Good Lord, every scene with that kid makes me say, "Oh, shutup." to the TV. 
  • Whoa. Crimson really is in financial trouble. At Curtis's photo shoot, the camera was working itself. Sorry, Dillon, your services are no longer needed.
  • Sam and Jason, it's June. The people who get the outdoor park shots are in season-appropriate apparel (and Sonny was lookin' fierce in his BluBlockers). Even if you're in the UK, the daytime sun makes it warm outside. Put your leather jackets in the winter closet. Now. 
  • Aw, the temporary Nik was so nervous. He may have even been sweating a bit. Bless his heart. 
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I just caught up on last week's episodes. I'm left thinking....

• Why is everyone still wondering why Spencer is acting that way? Have they JUST met the kid? He has been a weirdo from the jump. Good Lord, every scene with that kid makes me say, "Oh, shutup." to the TV. 
  • Whoa. Crimson really is in financial trouble. At Curtis's photo shoot, the camera was working itself. Sorry, Dillon, your services are no longer needed.
  • Sam and Jason, it's June. The people who get the outdoor park shots are in season-appropriate apparel (and Sonny was lookin' fierce in his BluBlockers). Even if you're in the UK, the daytime sun makes it warm outside. Put your leather jackets in the winter closet. Now. 
  • Aw, the temporary Nik was so nervous. He may have even been sweating a bit. Bless his heart. 

Yes, temporary Nik looked a little shell shocked. Seriously, I swear he got the call at midnight and had to be on set at 6am & memorize a whole days script. Personally, I give him a lot of credit for not stuttering & stammering like Maurice Bernard does on a daily basis.  

• Love 4

Well, considering that FauxNik's last gig was pool boy, I'd imagine he is a tad nervous.  Lol maybe he's Frank's pool boy too and the gig is a way to get free pool service.  Because they could've gotten anyone.   Literally anyone.  The dude who delivered our pizza tonight would've made a better Nik, the dude at PetSmart who tried to sell me a canary or whatever that bird was yesterday.   

• Love 3
(edited)

Stabile is not interesting but he's not Frank's pool boy. nvm, I see the reference. I remember him as Poor Dead Mark from Terror Island, James Reilly's(?) Scream rip-off story on Sunset Beach.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

So does everyone know that Nik is alive now?  Or is he hiding out and Ava is somehow involved?  

Jason and Sam know.  Nik took a commercial flight to London and his seatmate was Ava…that's how she found out.  And she's been semi-fucking with him about it.

I don't know what was more disgusting: Sonny waltzing into the PCPD and demanding to be brought up to speed on the investigation into Carlossssssss' murder or watching him be a straight-up asshole to Alexis and actually acting like he and Harpy Carly have a moral high ground over anyone.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Jason and Sam know.  Nik took a commercial flight to London and his seatmate was Ava…that's how she found out.  And she's been semi-fucking with him about it.

Also, Spencer knows. Nik apparently clued him in offscreen before he left, and then Spencer called Nik saying that he had everything covered, even though Laura is trying to get him to talk to Kevin because she thinks he's in denial.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5