Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

The Lucas/Griffin scene was written pretty well, and I liked the actors, but I don't see where all this drama is coming from with "OMG, Griffin was a priest! He never told us!" It's not as though the guy has been in town for years and years and these people are so close to him that they're entitled to know about all of his prior career paths. In their position, I'd probably just find it something colorful and interesting.  

The show's done a typically terrible job of showing it, but Lucas and Griffin are at least supposed to have been friends from a while back so him being a little "What the hell?" about it makes slightly more sense than Maxie or Anna or freakin' Emma.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I can tell that this Hayden/Naomi/Liz story is going to be slower than weight loss. Just spit it out, whatever it is. 

I just choked on my coffee from laughing.   Most accurate  description of this alleged writing team thus far.  Like, 3 seasons of OITNB and 2 seasons of BoJack Horseman are faster paced than this.  And I can't  with Van's mom and her weird hair /outfits.  Yeah, I peeked in and then I ran far away.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why it's something Griffin says he doesn't talk about. He's not a secret monk or something. (Or is he? The Illuminati hit PC!) I get why it's not the very first thing he mentions, but when someone asks about his schooling or other background info, that's the time to mention it.

I assume he doesn't talk about it because he's ashamed of having an affair with a married woman. 

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And one thing I appreciated today was Griffin's seeming annoyance at Nathan and Maxie both running to him with their problems.  

I loved that, too. Now if he could just never have to speak to those two idiots again that'd be great.

12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam: Jason has his memory back, I never lost mine.

Dante: OK...good...talk....uhhhhh.

I ship it.

10 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Seriously, as long as Sonny walks, I will always be Team Other Guy.  

+100

• Love 2

So did I SERIOUSLY see in the coming attracts Snarly the Lincoln Tunnel schooling ALEXIS on how she has to let go of Julian because he is a CROOK?  I rewound it twice and yep, the town's biggest apologizer and rationalizing MURDEROUS behavior was getting in Alexis' grill.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, One More Time said:

So did I SERIOUSLY see in the coming attracts Snarly the Lincoln Tunnel schooling ALEXIS on how she has to let go of Julian because he is a CROOK?  I rewound it twice and yep, the town's biggest apologizer and rationalizing MURDEROUS behavior was getting in Alexis' grill.

I hope Alexis stabs her with the dagger.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I assume he doesn't talk about it because he's ashamed of having an affair with a married woman. 

They aren't really connected: He didn't have the affair because he's a priest. That only added to the guilt.

Whatever. We're putting more thought into Griffin's motivations than the show is.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

What bugs me with Sam essentially having to be nice to Liz is that most times when they interact, Liz is being rude and condescending to her, like Sam was the one who knew Liz's husband was alive and kept it from her. Yeah, she was okay on this episode, but that has not been par for the course. It's one of the things that bugs me most about this show right now. The victims are essentially treated like crap, while the person who has done them wrong runs around tearing into them and not apologizing for crap.

Remember the Valerie/Dante/Lulu crapfest? Lulu was the one who had to apologize to them, and they were the ones who cheated. Sam has to essentially sit there and let Liz throw her looks and manipulate situations and listen to Liz's snark. She's the one who has to listen to her once believed rapist call her a barn animal, tell her to say hello to her kid, and then some. God, it's just horrible. I don't want to watch shows where there's no payoff. People do horrible things and then go around acting like it's the victim's fault they did something bad. And no one calls them out on anything. Robin should've gotten at least one scene to lay into Liz. Patrick should've at least gotten one. One of them should've at least gotten something, cause she screwed with their lives too, but nope, they just smile at her and hug her, and let her watch their kid. Maxie should've been ripping into Valerie and cheering Lulu on in her revenge, but she was telling Lulu to get over it. Horrible writing!

I never thought that the advice Laura and Maxie gave Lulu was wrong. In fact, I think they both had Lulu's best interests at heart when they encouraged her to take her time, to consider all her options and to not get caught up in overly emotional reactions.  Wise advice from two women who had Lulu's best interests at heart.  Compare that to the huge mess that Johnny's support got Lulu into.  Lulu escaped that mess, including possible jail time, because Valerie, Dante and Johnny all cared enough about her to cover her butt.  (Yes, Valerie cared, too!)  But Lulu's bad choices still created a big mess - and had she listened to the better advice being given by Maxie and Laura, Lulu could have avoided that mess.  Don't think for a minute that Maxie and Laura were advising Lulu because they were putting Valerie or Dante ahead of Lulu. Emphatically NOT!!   They were trying to do what was best for Lulu. 

As for Maxie ripping into Valerie, I remember Maxie giving Valerie attitude a number of times - including ripping into her three times in awkward public situations - twice at the Metro Court and once at the PCPD.   The only reason Maxie pulled in her horns during the last altercation at the Metro Court (over the hacked email) was that Maxie realized that she had made a huge mistake by misinterpreting the hacked email.   And that she had encouraged Lulu to act on that mistake - a mistake which proved disastrous.  Perhaps, after Maxie saw what a mess her meddling made, she realized that it was time for all of them to pull and back and reconsider their actions.

As for there being so much emphasis on Lulu's apologizing, I agree that Dante and especially Valerie's regrets and apologies should have received more emphasis than than did.  But can we not see that having Lulu apologize for her part in what happened - having her admit that ALL THREE made mistakes  - gave Lulu favorable writing  by her being allowed to take the high road.  Allowed her to be painted by the writers as generous, mature, fair, forgiving  - all kinds of good, noble, "rootable" qualites.  On the other hand, Valerie was further damaged by the writers by not being allowed to give a full apology and atonement for her sins - especially after Lulu owned any she may have made.  By playing the apologies this way, the writers clearly signalled that Lulu was their "root-for" heroine. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, One More Time said:

This is just Standard Operating Procedure for Carly.  If she does it?  REASONS!!  If someone else does it?  They're to be judged by her.  Frankly, it's shocking that a Tony Jones-shaped hellmouth hasn't opened up and swallowed her by now.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

But can we not see that having Lulu apologize for her part in what happened - having her admit that ALL THREE made mistakes  - gave Lulu favorable writing  by her being allowed to take the high road.  Allowed her to be painted by the writers as generous, mature, fair, forgiving  - all kinds of good, noble, "rootable" qualites.

Lulu got too much of the blame for my taste, even if the ultimate goal was for her to be the "reasonable" one of the three. Valerie practically demanded an apology from Lulu, and Valerie was one of the cheaters! She deliberately encouraged Dante to think the worst about Lulu, and she (Valerie) barely knew either of them at the time. She also had no idea who Lucky was and what the family history was. Yet somehow she was the injured party, all because Luke wanted to kill her dying mother. She didn't know anything about that, either (the Fluke nonsense).

That whole scenario was too stacked against Lulu for me to feel she comes out the better of the three. I thought she looked pathetic for not demanding others take their share of the blame. Deciding she won't snark at Valerie every time they cross paths is taking the high road, and I approve. Taking most of the blame for an affair her husband had? That's being a doormat, IMO.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu got too much of the blame for my taste, even if the ultimate goal was for her to be the "reasonable" one of the three. Valerie practically demanded an apology from Lulu, and Valerie was one of the cheaters! She deliberately encouraged Dante to think the worst about Lulu, and she (Valerie) barely knew either of them at the time. She also had no idea who Lucky was and what the family history was. Yet somehow she was the injured party, all because Luke wanted to kill her dying mother. She didn't know anything about that, either (the Fluke nonsense).

That whole scenario was too stacked against Lulu for me to feel she comes out the better of the three. I thought she looked pathetic for not demanding others take their share of the blame. Deciding she won't snark at Valerie every time they cross paths is taking the high road, and I approve. Taking most of the blame for an affair her husband had? That's being a doormat, IMO.

*rage blackout*

Val should've had her face slashed the first time she tried to act like the victim.

• Love 8

What is going on?!  The episode description says "new" but they're showing a repeat!  Is this happening to everyone or could this be y local station having a problem?  Please, if someone could confirm for me? .........

(edited)

Several stations were preempting the episode for Muhammad Ali's funeral. So, GH decided to air the new episode on Monday.

Because GH is apparently no longer being run by competent, professional adults, this announcement was only made on Nathan Varni's Facebook page.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Loved Elizabeth fiddling with her phone in the background at the prayer service for her very best friend forever.  Way to show concern there, Elizabeth, and presence in the moment.

Hey, when you gotta Candy Crush, you Candy Crush.  You only get 5 new lives at a time.  Prayer service, shmayer service.

Dante and Sam were amusing.  I can't ship them though because they share 2 siblings and she slept with his dad and uncle.  But his "good talk" had me laughing as well as his posture during Hayden's speech.  Sometimes I forget how much I love Dom since I generally find Dante boring.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Several stations were preempting the episode for Muhammad Ali's funeral. So, GH decided to air the new episode on Monday.

Because GH is apparently no longer being run by competent, professional adults, this announcement was only made on Nathan Varni's Facebook page.

Much appreciation, Oracle42, for replying to my question.  Thank you.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:59 AM, ByaNose said:

Every time they show them in the park I keep thinking, "Are they filming where Full House shot their opening credits?". That wouldn't be a problem except Port Charles is set in Upstate New York and not in California where they have palm trees. LOL!!!

Full House's opening were shot in San Francisco. Went there on a tour, The park across from it is rather nice but small.

(edited)

I'm watching the Refrigerator Duke scenes again and am still driven crazy by the same things that were driving me before. 1) I want Anna's silver-gray blazer. 2) There is clearly light coming in from the top through a grate. I refuse to believe that Anna Devane, super spy, even if she is 30 years older, could not figure out a way to escape from that cooler other than having Griffin open the door. 

And if Refrigerator Duke really loved her, he would have pointed that out.

Edited by rur
  • Love 7

If they had to run a repeat, why not the ones where Sonny shoots Dante or AJ? I think that it will never happen because show wants us to think that Sonny is the moral mobster. I also have a feeling that if Sonny was in Julian's shoes, he would kill Max in an instant.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Dante and Sam were amusing.  I can't ship them though

Me either. I don't even know how they could sneak in a good one night stand now, alas.

I'm still mad they wasted an opportunity when Olivia was in hiding with Leo for Sam to say something about how bad she felt for Julian and Dante making a guilty face. (Although that makes me wonder, would only sharing one sibling make them more shippable? Because I'm still rooting for Leo to be Ned's. Although Olivia and Leo seem to have disappeared.)

• Love 2

Time for another edition of #showinmyhead:

Lucas: Thanks so much for coming to the wedding, and at the last minute too!

Kyle Fish-Lewis: No problem, man.  So what's this I hear about some kind of killer on the loose in your hospital?  In Llanview, the worst we've got is crappy snacks in the vending machine.

Lucas: Yeah, it's crazy.  They suspect this new doctor, you might have heard of him, he's pretty famous.  [Dr. Michael Easton]?

Kyle Fish-Lewis: Oh yeah, I saw him speak at a conference a while back.  It's weird, he looks just like Oliver's old boss.

Lucas: Hey, where is Fish?

Kyle Fish-Lewis: He's getting some air.  I think he was a little weirded out being in a room with so many mobsters.

Lucas: Yeah...yeah...

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

I never thought that the advice Laura and Maxie gave Lulu was wrong. In fact, I think they both had Lulu's best interests at heart when they encouraged her to take her time, to consider all her options and to not get caught up in overly emotional reactions.  Wise advice from two women who had Lulu's best interests at heart.  Compare that to the huge mess that Johnny's support got Lulu into.  Lulu escaped that mess, including possible jail time, because Valerie, Dante and Johnny all cared enough about her to cover her butt.  (Yes, Valerie cared, too!)  But Lulu's bad choices still created a big mess - and had she listened to the better advice being given by Maxie and Laura, Lulu could have avoided that mess.  Don't think for a minute that Maxie and Laura were advising Lulu because they were putting Valerie or Dante ahead of Lulu. Emphatically NOT!!   They were trying to do what was best for Lulu. 

As for Maxie ripping into Valerie, I remember Maxie giving Valerie attitude a number of times - including ripping into her three times in awkward public situations - twice at the Metro Court and once at the PCPD.   The only reason Maxie pulled in her horns during the last altercation at the Metro Court (over the hacked email) was that Maxie realized that she had made a huge mistake by misinterpreting the hacked email.   And that she had encouraged Lulu to act on that mistake - a mistake which proved disastrous.  Perhaps, after Maxie saw what a mess her meddling made, she realized that it was time for all of them to pull and back and reconsider their actions.

As for there being so much emphasis on Lulu's apologizing, I agree that Dante and especially Valerie's regrets and apologies should have received more emphasis than than did.  But can we not see that having Lulu apologize for her part in what happened - having her admit that ALL THREE made mistakes  - gave Lulu favorable writing  by her being allowed to take the high road.  Allowed her to be painted by the writers as generous, mature, fair, forgiving  - all kinds of good, noble, "rootable" qualites.  On the other hand, Valerie was further damaged by the writers by not being allowed to give a full apology and atonement for her sins - especially after Lulu owned any she may have made.  By playing the apologies this way, the writers clearly signalled that Lulu was their "root-for" heroine. 

Lulu wouldn't have needed her butt covered if, Valerie hadn't done everything she could to get Lulu's husband in his bed. She chased him, stuck her big nose in their business, out and out lied, did it again. Lulu turned into the bad guy to make Valerie and Dante the victims.yuck. Exactly why I don't care about this show. The mobsters are the heros the killers in cold blood are the victims and the people who try to fight back are the villians . No thanks. The people who were good, are now killers anna comes to mind. She got away with what she did, now Carlos is wrong. Why wasn't Anna Paul etc, etc, etc.Heather who was a little evil is now off the wall nuts. The barge is my home, so when Jax returns I hope those that have the stomach to watch lets us kow how many days it takes to make him the evil , evil , kidney for Joss instagater.??We know Sonny falling off his high horse telling everyone how evil he is. Just writing this fills me with rage.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

If they had to run a repeat, why not the ones where Sonny shoots Dante or AJ? I think that it will never happen because show wants us to think that Sonny is the moral mobster. I also have a feeling that if Sonny was in Julian's shoes, he would kill Max in an instant.

I do remember once they re-ran the Sonny shoots Dante episode on Memorial Day I think. Yeah, great choice guys.

• Love 5

Of all the repeats to show, why give us the one that has so much Ghost!Dewq! in it? Probably they wanted to ensure that we 'd know Carlos was killed by Julian, but all the Ghost!Dewq! was irritating and lame at the same time.

• Love 3
On 6/2/2016 at 10:19 PM, Perkie said:

But he wasn't randomly looking for Niks room, he was heading towards the sounds he heard.

also, 7 minutes is a long time.  Time yourself walking around your house and I bet you'll check your watch and be surprised that only two minutes went by. 

Eh it's not a big thing I just wondered if Jason had stopped by the kitchen for a bite to eat on his way.  These two are not the best investigators around. 

someone linked to this video and I remembered this conversation about the size of Wyndemere. They show an establishing shot of it right at the beginning. Warning, Jason mullet appears in this video.

• Love 1

Gads ya'll LIKE Lucky? That is the first I've ever seen of him and he looks like a well dressed Frankenstein. What was with all the shouting.ekk!

Seems like Liez never changes this could have been last year as well as however long ago it was same Liez.

That shot of Wyndemere made me LOL hard. Hogwarts would be jealous.hehe

• Love 3
1 hour ago, testardo said:

Lulu wouldn't have needed her butt covered if, Valerie hadn't done everything she could to get Lulu's husband in his bed. She chased him, stuck her big nose in their business, out and out lied, did it again. Lulu turned into the bad guy to make Valerie and Dante the victims.yuck. Exactly why I don't care about this show. The mobsters are the heros the killers in cold blood are the victims and the people who try to fight back are the villians . No thanks. The people who were good, are now killers anna comes to mind. She got away with what she did, now Carlos is wrong. Why wasn't Anna Paul etc, etc, etc.Heather who was a little evil is now off the wall nuts. The barge is my home, so when Jax returns I hope those that have the stomach to watch lets us kow how many days it takes to make him the evil , evil , kidney for Joss instagater.??We know Sonny falling off his high horse telling everyone how evil he is. Just writing this fills me with rage.

Just because other people made mistakes does NOT excuse Lulu from making an bigger, more dangerous, law-breaking mistake - especially when she had people who cared about her (Laura and Maxie) advising her to slow down. She is still responsible for her own choices.  Full stop. 

My comment is NOT about comparative justice in Port Charles. 

Ironically, Lulu's big mistake then made her a hella more interesting than she is right now. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sadly, Lulu does not need Valerie to make her look pathetic.  The writers have done that anyway by taking away so much of her individuality and once again positioning her as the perfect wife, mother, sister, daughter. 

Edited by Aurora2
(edited)
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

*rage blackout*

Val should've had her face slashed the first time she tried to act like the victim.

Really.  Face slashing.  Oh well, I suppose in some countries woman are stoned for adultery.

But really don't you think there would be a lot of slashed faces seen in Port Charles is this extreme punishment were meted out to every on who acted like a victim at one time or another?   (Whether they really acted like victims, however, is and will remain a debatable point.)

Additionally, if face slashing were the Port Charles punishment of choice for sleeping with another woman's husband, there would be even more scarred faces in Port Charles.  For example; we'd see scars on every woman at Carly's pre-wedding gifting session last August - Carly, Bobbie, Lulu, Maxie and Valerie. 

Personally, I'd opt for a bit less extreme punishment.  Maybe a scarlet "A" branded on their chests. 

Edited by Aurora2
1 hour ago, Cattitude said:

Gads ya'll LIKE Lucky? That is the first I've ever seen of him and he looks like a well dressed Frankenstein. What was with all the shouting.ekk!

Seems like Liez never changes this could have been last year as well as however long ago it was same Liez.

That shot of Wyndemere made me LOL hard. Hogwarts would be jealous.hehe

Yes, once again, an example of Guza putting all the blame on Liz's shoulders while the other three were protected.  

Too bad Jason never made good on his threat and finished Sam off.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They aren't really connected: He didn't have the affair because he's a priest. That only added to the guilt.

I'm assuming since he was a priest that having sex with a married woman made him feel doubly guilty. It seems pretty clear to me that he doesn't really feel like he even deserves to be called a priest so I'm not surprised he doesn't want to discuss his preisthood, especially to a bunch of random people he barely knows.

This made me think about him not telling Lucas though. I'm not sure of the timeline. Was he friends with Lucas in school before or after he had the affair? I guess after or really none of it makes sense. Although does it even make sense then? Probably not lol.

This would all be really funny if it turns out that Griffin didn't actually sleep with Claudette. But like it's pretty obvious he did so if it turns out he didn't it'd most likely be a RC style "I'm mad you guys figured it out!" Fluke is Bill/Fluke is actually just Luke's dark side or whatever situation.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

There's something disturbing and crazy about Julian's insistence that he killed Carlos "to protect us"--his marriage and relationship with Alexis. He could be lying, or he could irrationally believe it.

I keep hoping there will be a swerve/reveal and it will turn out that Julian is telling the truth.

I would also like world peace and a pony.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

someone linked to this video and I remembered this conversation about the size of Wyndemere. They show an establishing shot of it right at the beginning. Warning, Jason mullet appears in this video.

If the house was even remotely as big as it appears in that shot, no way would Jason have heard any noise unless it was two feet away from him.  That's too funny.

also that clip reminded me of how much I despised SBu and his version of Jason.  Actually makes me not hat BMs version as much

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm not sure of the [Griffin] timeline. Was he friends with Lucas in school before or after he had the affair? I guess after or really none of it makes sense. Although does it even make sense then? Probably not lol.

Yeah, I'm confused about Griffin's timeline of secrets too.  Because also, Lucas and Griffin attended medical school at the same time, but while we know Lucas didn't practice medicine right away, Griffin did and is already at a Patrick-esque level in his career.  But he's the same age as Maxie/Nathan/Lucas?

So is it priesthood -> affair -> medical school -> doctoring -> Port Charles?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, I'm confused about Griffin's timeline of secrets too.  Because also, Lucas and Griffin attended medical school at the same time, but while we know Lucas didn't practice medicine right away, Griffin did and is already at a Patrick-esque level in his career.  But he's the same age as Maxie/Nathan/Lucas?

So is it priesthood -> affair -> medical school -> doctoring -> Port Charles?

Harvard Medical School and Harvard Divinity allows you to take both simultaneously. The pre-med advisor at Notre Dame is both a priest and an MD, as is the dean at Loyola Med School. There seems to be a number of Jesuit priests who are also MDs. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Griffin and Nathan resemble each other? Enough that I could see the show revealing they're related.

I don't know if that's where they're heading, but the potential is there- we still don't know who Nathan's father is and whether Griffin is truly Duke's son has been speculated about.

Y'all weren't kidding about how awful Maxie looks. Maybe she should have been in the coma instead of Lucas until they can get her real life health issues taken care of.

• Love 3

How many "we don't know the father / mother" stories do we need on this show?  We don't know the name of Elizabeth's mother after nineteen years and that is an easy fix if TIIC had simply given the woman a name prior to HateChel/ReBu being on the show!  Ugh.  Liesel is crazy cakes, so why in the world would she hide Nathan's paternity?  The father is probably Raymond Berlin.

Elizabeth should have been dressed properly for Nik's whatever the hell that scene was.

Just no to Elizabeth being connected to HateChel or her mother.  FV is working overtime to make sure his pets stick like a bad dead animal on this show.  Yes, I am looking at you Franco, HateChel, Nina, etc...

• Love 5
(edited)

I have a feeling that Alexis is going to need Diane's help pretty soon now. Alexis has hesitated too long. Speaking of Diane, wasn't that associate of hers (brought in to help Sabrina) HOT?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

We don't know the name of Elizabeth's mother after nineteen years and that is an easy fix if TIIC had simply given the woman a name prior to HateChel/ReBu being on the show!

Well, we have had a name for some time, at least of the woman presumed to be Liz and Sarah's mother: Andrea Trent Webber. That character has only been mentioned, never shown on screen, and we know little or nothing about her personality.  

10 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Liesel is crazy cakes, so why in the world would she hide Nathan's paternity?  The father is probably Raymond Berlin.

LMAO I could easily see this happening. Because some guy that stole a lot of people's money is obviously the most evil person ever. Certainly more evil than Victor Cassadine.

• Love 4