Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

All caught up again. As stupid as this whole accident looks, at least something is finally happening. I'm so sick of conversations that rehash the same damn thing over and over ad nauseum.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 10
(edited)

If this accident causes Jason to revert to his old self I will hurt somebody.  This show is thisssss close to losing me.....like they care about us.  Just FV's wet dream of what a soap should be.

I'm done with Maxie.  I used to like her but she's become too immature to even be cute anymore.  Dante/Lulu....snore.  Sam/ Jason....snore (and I'm a BM fan).  Can't stand Nina/Franco (and I loved RoHoTodd on OLTL).  The only parts I like are Alexis/Julian and the Davis coven.   And Carrrrlos....I have a serious thing for him.  And I'm with tvgoddess......Ava and Anna are my girls even with all the shit stories they saddle them with. *rant over*

Why do I still watch this shit?!  Oh, yeah....youse guys and the amazing snark.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm so sick of conversations that rehash the same damn thing over and over ad nauseum.

But what about Justice For Duke? Don't you care about Anna getting Justice For Duke? If you don't care about Anna getting Justice For Duke then you're probably a bad person. And what about Alexis regularly asking her mobster husband if he's doing mobster stuff and him repeatedly lying to her? Or Maxie and talking tree constantly talking about that Claud loser? Or Ava lamenting her thug life woes? Or Sonny threatening someone? Or Sonny and Ava fighting over that damn crypt sex baby? 

• Love 13
On 5/7/2016 at 9:27 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Dante and Lulu will probably be written out before they move into a bigger place.

I wish they would sign a lease on a new place and move in. Then discover that Valerie had lived there previously, and that their new bed is in her former bedroom.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I wish they would sign a lease on a new place and move in. Then discover that Valerie had lived there previously, and that their new bed is in her former bedroom.

If Valerie had had a freakin' place of her own the whole affair probably wouldn't've happened in the first place, heh.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hee. Where was she staying, at Carly's? I don't even remember.

First Lante's, then Nikolas', then Carly's, I think. And then I think she had something about looking for her own place, I think, but they never followed up on it I don't think.

Speaking of, did Carly ever have one single thing to say about the affair? I swear I don't think she ever commented it. the kiss, yes, but not anything after it came out that Valerie and Dante slept together.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

But what about Justice For Duke? Don't you care about Anna getting Justice For Duke? If you don't care about Anna getting Justice For Duke then you're probably a bad person. And what about Alexis regularly asking her mobster husband if he's doing mobster stuff and him repeatedly lying to her? Or Maxie and talking tree constantly talking about that Claud loser? Or Ava lamenting her thug life woes? Or Sonny threatening someone? Or Sonny and Ava fighting over that damn crypt sex baby? 

By the next time she's on, Ava will have been gone for almost a month. So I don't care what she says, I just want her back. Although it's all too predictable how this damn thing is going to play out. When the show's Twitter account promotes Mother's Day today with a picture of fucking Carly with Avery, it's pretty much all over. When Carly has her baby ripped out of her womb, then she can get back to me. Until then, go to fucking hell and keep your damn claws off Ava's daughter.

By the way, all the other things you mentioned I thoroughly agree with you on.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

By the next time she's on, Ava will have been gone for almost a month. So I don't care what she says, I just want her back. Although it's all too predictable how this damn thing is going to play out. When the show's Twitter account promotes Mother's Day today with a picture of fucking Carly with Avery, it's pretty much all over. When Carly has her baby ripped out of her womb, then she can get back to me. Until then, go to fucking hell and keep your damn claws off Ava's daughter.

I don't have any great love for Carly and she shouldn't be "stealing" Ava's daughter, but when Carly was pregnant with Morgun, she was kidnapped and placed in a windowless saferoom by a man that was going through a psychotic break, kidnapped and placed on a boat somewhere with a mobster. She ended up being shot in the head by Sonny while giving birth. Her birthing story wasn't exactly a day in the spa.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

OMG, the spoilers, the SPOILERS. They are mobstering the SHIT out of everything in the next week or so.

And then we move into another Nurses Ball.

SO CHOICE. ALL OF IT.

• Love 1

Her birthing story wasn't exactly a day in the spa.

Fine, fair enough. She still needs to STFU and quit pretending like she's Avery's mother because she isn't.

I don't even know why they bother introducing stories when they're going to be on and then off for so long. How long has it been since we've seen Laura? How long do the other shows go between showing characters? Most of the time it doesn't bother me so much, but it's really been on my nerves lately. And why can't they show the people that are actually genuinely well-received like Curtis and Killon? Instead of the same ones all the time.

• Love 7
(edited)

I guess that crooked mayor is able to continue to hang on to her job even though the town went through the breastfeeding scandal. I would sort of like for Felicia to get her rightful place as mayor, but apparently Show has either forgotten or won't put Flea into the office because they think she wouldn't be credible. Dr O  is (temporarily) out of office as COS; why can't the corrupt mayor and Paul Hornsby get tossed too? Scotty could be DA again.

Show is particularly lame and annoying in having non-existent or absent characters being mentioned constantly. For example, Dewq, Claudette, and Sabrina. We never see them, but we hear about them constantly.

Spoiler

Spoilers now say that Dewq will be back as a ghost to comfort Anna soon.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
(edited)

That is so true, P3pp3rb1rd. I was not even watching for the first ten months of last year, and I've gotten so much information about Sloane and Dewq that I feel I could direct those episodes myself without a shooting script.  

How long has it been since we've seen Laura?

Don't hold me to this, but I think it was April 14th. She met with her mysterious internet cryptographer, and we were all reminded that Kevin Collins is still a thing in Port Charles. An episode summary for that day says that she vows to see where the book leads her. I guess the answer is "Offscreen for a very long time."  

The pacing and division of stories are so weird on this show since I've been watching again that I'm not sure who's on contract, who's recurring, and who is just dropping by for a visit. "Hi, Ric! Hi, Kevin! Hi, Jackal! Hi, Professor Parker!" I probably shouldn't complain, but I'm surprised so little was done with Morgan and Kiki after the institutionalization and the shooting, respectively. I thought they were front-burnered favored ones, but it was almost as though the actors were on vacation and they bulk taped some dribs and drabs so we'd know the characters were still around. Most of the scenes were about how difficult things were for their parents.  

But I guess they can't very well show Morgan in group therapy in the park.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Vella said:

OMG, the spoilers, the SPOILERS. They are mobstering the SHIT out of everything in the next week or so.

And then we move into another Nurses Ball.

SO CHOICE. ALL OF IT.

I'm so bored with the show.I mean at least pretend it's sweeps.I know they have lots of character but it feels like the same stories have been on for weeks.Even with a lot of characters I think they could do a better job with balance.

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I guess that crooked mayor is able to continue to hang on to her job even though the town went through the breastfeeding scandal. I would sort of like for Felicia to get her rightful place as mayor, but apparently Show has either forgotten or won't put Flea into the office because they think she wouldn't be credible. Dr O  is (temporarily) out of office as COS; why can't the corrupt mayor and Paul Hornsby get tossed too? Scotty could be DA again.

Show is particularly lame and annoying in having non-existent or absent characters being mentioned constantly. For example, Dewq, Claudette, and Sabrina. We never see them, but we hear about them constantly.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoilers now say that Dewq will be back as a ghost to comfort Anna soon.

It's a pretty sad day when scottys the less corrupt out of the mayor and Paul lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I probably shouldn't complain, but I'm surprised so little was done with Morgan and Kiki after the institutionalization and the shooting, respectively. I thought they were front-burnered favored ones, but it was almost as though the actors were on vacation and they bulk taped some dribs and drabs so we'd know the characters were still around.

That's how they've taped/distributed airtime ever since Frank Valentini came on as EP. It's crazy.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Fine, fair enough. She still needs to STFU and quit pretending like she's Avery's mother because she isn't.

Carly is probably reliving her glory days in keeping AJ from his son.

Then again, is Sonny really so bad? Remember when little Michael used to throw bareware, kick adults out of the penthouse, and ask Uncle Jason to murder people? After witnessing that, who here can doubt Sonny's parenting skills?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

at least pretend it's sweeps

What do you mean? Jason finally gets his memories back. If that isn't sweeps material, nothing is.

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's how they've taped/distributed airtime ever since Frank Valentini came on as EP. It's crazy.

The block taping has really messed with how the stories are shown. From that standpoint, I don't understand why it's weeks and weeks between seeing stuff happen. None of the stories are confined to one set, so why do we get one scene and then nothing for weeks? I can't believe the production limitations affect that. It has to be a deliberate choice, and it's not a good one, IMO.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What do you mean? Jason finally gets his memories back. If that isn't sweeps material, nothing is.

The block taping has really messed with how the stories are shown. From that standpoint, I don't understand why it's weeks and weeks between seeing stuff happen. None of the stories are confined to one set, so why do we get one scene and then nothing for weeks? I can't believe the production limitations affect that. It has to be a deliberate choice, and it's not a good one, IMO.

Well, yeah.   They even gave us a church shoot out and a super romantic wedding and heroic Sonny.  We are so ungrateful that we didn't appreciate any of it.  Because we didn't want it.  At this point,  I'd rather watch Billy Miller, Roger Howarth, and Michael Easton have drinks with Jane Elliot, Chad Duell, and special guest Sean Kanaan as Tequan Richmond hosts and they answer questions from soap twitter.   Then next week, Mo, Bryan Craig, Roger Howarth, and Kirsten Storms answer questions while the guy who plays Curtis hosts.   

• Love 3

I am a continuity freak and show has none.  Ditto to all posts upstream.  Repetitive dialogue, mob-centric stories when there could be so much more. Horrible lighting (hit the dimmer switch once on a while, techs! and you'd think the director would notice). Great stories just waiting to be told and IMO some of the best actors/characters being wasted.  I want to see Kevin & Laura sleuthing about the book...maybe Scotty coming along to help.

I could rant forever but I must go to work.....ta!

• Love 4

None of these mob related stories go anywhere despite the large amounts of screen time they get. Justice For Duke has been going on for a year with little progression. If Carlos *dies* again we'll probably get another year of Anna acting crazy. Sonny vs. Julian is repetitive and has gone nowhere. Sonny vs. Ava is repetitive and goes nowhere. We still don't know for sure if Paul is mobbed up or not. The writers don't seem to have much interest in these stories but they can't be bothered to end them. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Why can't someone, anyone demand justice of AJ? It would be nice if this happened in front of Anna.

The Governor issued a "AJ is fat" proclamation, and Michael had an infusion him with SonnyBlood. Besides, Carly would just go on a 15-minute tirade about AJ in front of Monica, and then have any counterpoint as being hurtful to Michael.

• Love 4

Yikes, that was a bore.

I loved the Danny/Sam/Michael scenes but other than that zzzzz.

So they recasted Danny too. This one is a chatter box. I did laugh at him standing on the bed so he could be at the same level as KeMo. 

• Love 4

First and foremost, Danny is adorable. Enjoyed the Michael, Sam and Danny scenes. 

I've been on the barge for a while, but tuned in today to because I heard KMc was going to be on. Most of the show was a huge snoozefest. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I was fast-forwarding the whole ep today, but it looked like Sonny saved the day for everyone again by his doppelganger's pep talk to Jason. In fact, we could say that the episode was a gang of doppelgangers, since Robin's, Carly's, Helena's, and Sonny's showed up to kibitz and counsel an addled Jason. What a hot mess.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
spelling
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

What happened to Nathan? We saw him in tomorrow's promo but nowhere today.

That was probably Nathan's doppelganger, who was making the call to show Jason what he needs to do next. /sarcasm LOL

(edited)
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What a stupid episode. KMcC and CT came back for no reason.

I guess CT came back to remind us that she always look fierce in a suit?  Show, we already knew that.

Also, she keeps bragging about being the architect of Jason's capture and brainwashing?  Wasn't that all, or at least 90%, Victor?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)

Observations about a show in which I heard only 10% of the show (not the actors' fault):

Damn it Jason, you can't let that cop have some dignity? Gotta throw one last "buddy" at him?

Did Nathan go flying over a freaking cliff or something? Or did he just blend in with the other trees?

Michael's arms are pleasing to the eye.

Danny is cute. Was that his bedroom or at the Qs?

Helena was there too? I feel so betrayed.

Greasy and disheveled makes BM look better.

Carly's bright smiling face popping out was terrifying.

wait, they couldn't bother to overturn the van? So Dante just got stuck under there because reasons? Helena?

I would have not criticized this show for a week if Dante woke up and was like who the eff are you talking to and/or

Sonny reached down in the car oil and rubbed some in his hair.

ETA So Nathan just left Dante and Jason there? What a shitty pal lol.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 16

Imaginary!Robin! really has a soft spot for saving cheaters' lives.

I'm kinda pissed that they recast Danny for the 85th time, but at least he talks and actually called Sam "mom." Only took YEARS, show.

Billy and Chad looked damn good in the episode.

Sonny was cracking me up at the end. The way Mo was delivering some of those lines was like he memorized them five minutes before filming.

Helena needs to GTFO, I'm sorry. It's not appealing to me anymore. And I hate that they're continuing to tie her to this story like these people can't stop a 90 year old woman.

• Love 12

Was that his bedroom or at the Qs?

They were at the Quartermains.  Sam and Michael were chatting while she was waiting for Monica to bring Danny back from playing with the groundskeeper's new dog.  I'm still trying to figure out why Danny was sleeping over at the Qs though.  Maybe he lives there now.  

So Nathan just left Dante and Jason there? 

I'm hoping he was smart enough to go after Carlos, who likely ran for the hills.  

• Love 2

Did Nathan go flying over a freaking cliff or something? Or did he just blend in with the other trees?

Hahaha.

I`m pretty sure that was Danny's room at the Qs house. Though I did wonder why he was staying the night when Sam said she wasnt doing anything that night. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm hoping he [Nathan] was smart enough to go after Carlos, who likely ran for the hills.  

The previews had Nathan calling the station, so he was smart enough. 

(edited)
37 minutes ago, backhometome said:

I`m pretty sure that was Danny's room at the Qs house. Though I did wonder why he was staying the night when Sam said she wasnt doing anything that night. 

I'm okay with Danny staying overnight at his grandmother's house for no reason. It's nice to know he and Monica have a relationship. It's more than Bobbie gets with her grandkids.

I want a flackback where Nathan shoves Dante under the van for safekeeping, heh.

How exactly was Dante thrown out of the van in the first place? Did someone forget to shut the door properly? And Nathan and Carlos are fine? That whole thing was so poorly done. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

I loved Jason/Dany/Michael scenes.

I also liked how Jason scenes started. The only problem I had with those scenes were the lack of clips from Jason's old life...like I want to relive those moments. GH needs to stop being cheap and pay SB. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow. That was actually worse than I ever could have imagined. The problem was it was just so boring. Just SO VERY BORING.

The only things that sorta saved it were Danny being adorable and how hot BM looked.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8