Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Kristina said she's "sexually fluid"? Is that the same as bisexual? In any event, this storyline doesn't interest me, because I'm thinking who's going to really care about Kristina having these feelings? I really don't think Alexis or Sonny will care to be honest. The potential juiciness of a storyline like this would've come in the form of a quad featuring Maxie/Nathan/Lucas/Brad. Imagine Nathan having these "urges." He shares this information with Lucas whom at first, acts as a friend and confidante. Then things begin to happen that neither man meant to happen. Nathan has betrayed his girlfriend while Lucas has betrayed his boyfriend AND cousin.

• Love 4
So Kristina said she's "sexually fluid"? Is that the same as bisexual?

That's how it reads to me.

And when this story broke as a blind item, the exact words of the character being "sexually fluid" were used.

So Kristina said she's "sexually fluid"? Is that the same as bisexual? In any event, this storyline doesn't interest me, because I'm thinking who's going to really care about Kristina having these feelings? I really don't think Alexis or Sonny will care to be honest. The potential juiciness of a storyline like this would've come in the form of a quad featuring Maxie/Nathan/Lucas/Brad. Imagine Nathan having these "urges." He shares this information with Lucas whom at first, acts as a friend and confidante. Then things begin to happen that neither man meant to happen. Nathan has betrayed his girlfriend while Lucas has betrayed his boyfriend AND cousin.

I assume by Nathan, you meant Griffin? #SpecIWon'tLetDie

• Love 2

...I was making a joke.  I've been spec-ing that Griffin and Lucas have more in their medical school past than just late night study sessions.  And Maxie and Griffin just got chem tested.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I thought they wrote Sonny's reaction well. Sonny-esque but without being TOO Sonny-esque. If he acted perfectly reasonable about it I would have called shenanigans but if you have him go on a rampage it's like, sigh, why isn't this guy in prison again?

Sooooooooooooooooooo tired of the Avery tug of war. Please end it, writers. I did like Maura West's delivery of "I'll say hi to your armed guard" or whatever the exact line was.

I liked that Alexis didn't yell at Molly for keeping it a secret for Kristina.

I wanted to root for Molly saying "ask anyone with the last name Quartermaine if you've led a perfect life" but eh, it sounded too meta to me. I did like that Molly defended Kristina to him though, that was nice.

I just can't take Nina's mannerisms.

Unless RH is growing out his hair to 1993 length, this look is absolutely horrible.

Kudos to the Leo baby for his "don't give a fuck" face. And yeah, sorry, but if Franco can't stare at a laundry cart while talking on the phone, no, he shouldn't be near babies.

Franco and Obrecht talking about babies was one of those "is this really happening" scenes.

Olivia would never ever leave Leo with Obrecht. Sorry, but if they come up with this shit just so LLC meets her contract minimums, put her on recurring, jeez. Also weird, Obrecht not wanting to read Helena's book herself.

Anyhoodle, I think the Kristina/Alexis/Molly/Sonny scenes were worth watching at least, even if they weren't particularly amazing. 

Doesn't Sonny have enough parental drama going on with Morgan and to a lesser extent, Avery? 

You know, I actually thought, "if I had as much shit as Sonny going on I'd probably be in a homicidal rage most of the time too". You'd think he would WANT to retire at this point.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Olivia would never ever leave Leo with Obrecht. Sorry, but if they come up with this shit just so LLC meets her contract minimums, put her on recurring, jeez.

*shrug* She did let Obrecht spirit the baby off during the Dead Baby Lie when she had every reason to believe Dr. O was capable of selling the baby on the black market.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I kinda understand Sam wanting a divorce but then I kinda don't. Like, can we just FF to the part where Jason gets his memory back? This has gone on long enough. 

Kill Franco.

I expect Kristina's coming out story to be dropped for another month after today. 

• Love 9

*shrug* She did let Obrecht spirit the baby off during the Dead Baby Lie when she had every reason to believe Dr. O was capable of selling the baby on the black market.

That was ridiculous too.

I kinda understand Sam wanting a divorce but then I kinda don't. Like, can we just FF to the part where Jason gets his memory back? This has gone on long enough. 

Kill Franco.

I expect Kristina's coming out story to be dropped for another month after today. 

I don't think he's ever getting his memories back, either Jason. He'll have some memories here and there but imo they already have so many people complaining that he's nothing like SBu Jason, I think they're scared for him to have his memories back, so they can hide behind the "well he doesn't have his memories" excuse.

• Love 4
So Kristina said she's "sexually fluid"? Is that the same as bisexual?

Maybe? Per PFLAG guidelines (emphasis mine):

Gender nonconforming: A person who views their gender identity as one of many possible genders beyond strictly female or male. This is an umbrella term that can encompass other terms such as “gender creative,”“gender expansive,”“gender variant,”“genderqueer,”“gender fluid”, “gender neutral,”“bigender,”“androgynous,” or “gender diverse.” Such people feel that they exist psychologically between genders, as on a spectrum, or beyond the notion of the male and female binary paradigm.

I suspect I did more research on the term than the writers.

• Love 2

I don't think he's ever getting his memories back, either Jason. He'll have some memories here and there but imo they already have so many people complaining that he's nothing like SBu Jason, I think they're scared for him to have his memories back, so they can hide behind the "well he doesn't have his memories" excuse.

I just think they don't want him to be Stone Cold Jason Morgan. Because if he did get his memories back, there would be no way to explain why he wouldn't be back up Sonny, Carly, and Michael's asses. And clearly Frank and Co. don't want BM's Jason part of that world.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I just think they don't want him to be Stone Cold Jason Morgan. Because if he did get his memories back, there would be no way to explain why he wouldn't be back up Sonny, Carly, and Michael's asses. And clearly Frank and Co. don't want BM's Jason part of that world.

I don't see why not. He could just be like "yeah I'm sick of your shit. No hard feelings everybody."

I do wish he and Michael spent more time together. That was probably my favorite relationship for the both of them. 

• Love 3

I don't see why not. He could just be like "yeah I'm sick of your shit. No hard feelings everybody."

I do wish he and Michael spent more time together. That was probably my favorite relationship for the both of them.

Jason would be completely OOC. He was devoted to Sonny and Carly and Michael. They were his family.

I thought that Lexi Ainsworth killed it today. I haven't seen a crying scene that good in a long time. I could really feel the anguish and shame that Kristina was experiencing, and it was all very accurate to my own experiences. I just wish that her story was on a little bit more often.This story gets about one or two days of material at a time and then goes away for two weeks. I don't like that at all.

• Love 12
If Maxie and Nina had a brain between them, they could have changed printers after the green issue.

Julian is the one telling the printer how to mess up the magazine, though, and as the publisher, he does outrank them. In reality, of course, it would be the production director who talked to the printer, but whatever.

Edited by dubbel zout

Jason would be completely OOC. He was devoted to Sonny and Carly and Michael. They were his family.

Even if he had his Q memories mixed in there? 

I dunno, I thought he only stuck around Carly and Sonny towards the end because of Michael. And now Michael is definitely an adult, so, he doesn't have to clean up Carly and Sonny's messes to make sure they don't hurt Michael anymore (I don't know if I made it clear, but I just meant for Jason to direct the "sick of your shit" at Carly and Sonny, not Michael).

• Love 3
I thought he only stuck around Carly and Sonny towards the end because of Michael.

I think there was some of that, but knowing how Carly and Sonny would scream betraaaaaaaayal if Jason ever left, I can also see him sticking around to avoid that confrontation. They need him much more than he needs them—especially now that Michael is an adult and can make his own decisions about Jason—but I think Jason had a lot of loyalty to them.

That said, BM's Jason has been pretty distant from Carly and Sonny, and everyone has survived just fine. *shrug* I find Jason pretty boring no matter what he's up to, so I don't really care what happens to him.

• Love 3

Even if he had his Q memories mixed in there?

I dunno, I thought he only stuck around Carly and Sonny towards the end because of Michael. And now Michael is definitely an adult, so, he doesn't have to clean up Carly and Sonny's messes to make sure they don't hurt Michael anymore (I don't know if I made it clear, but I just meant for Jason to direct the "sick of your shit" at Carly and Sonny, not Michael).

I totally respect your interpretation. Here's the thing, though. IMO, and I can't believe I'm debating this bc I don't even like Jason Morgan, it was a waste of time and energy to recast this character if it was just to strip him of all his history and major relationships. So far, he was essentially recasted for the Liz/Sam/Jason triangle. That is it.

• Love 3

So far, he was essentially recasted for the Liz/Sam/Jason triangle. That is it.

It's better than him being recasted just to be Sonny's killer for hire and Carly's enabler. Ok, maybe not better. The same level of horrible, I guess.

The best part of this ep was the baby playing Leo. He looked so unimpressed with everything. I feel ya, baby!

• Love 5

It's better than him being recasted just to be Sonny's killer for hire and Carly's enabler. Ok, maybe not better. The same level of horrible, I guess.

I mean, I would have to ask a Jason fan that question. Most Jason fans loved his relationship with those characters.

I totally respect your interpretation. Here's the thing, though. IMO, and I can't believe I'm debating this bc I don't even like Jason Morgan, it was a waste of time and energy to recast this character if it was just to strip him of all his history and major relationships. 

Oh, I definitely agree with that. I don't even know what I'm arguing about now heh. I don't think we're disagreeing. I just don't see the difference between amnesiac Jason not hanging out with Carly and Sonny and Jason with his memories not hanging out with them.* Like you said, it would be a waste of time and energy, but imo they've already wasted that time and energy.

*I mean I do, like you said it would OOC if memory having jason didn't want to deal with his past life but . . . at this point when it's become transparent they don't actually want to write Jason Morgan/Quartermaine it's turned OOC. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Part of the reason Kristina's story is a big fat zero for me is because Sonny has no room to speak on any issue regarding his children or anyone else, given the life of horror he's lead.

Kristina's storyline is ridiculous. Its like they're trying to make her a victim when she's someone who offered up sex to her professor in exchange for good grades and now wants to crocodile cry that's it imploded on her. And like always I'm sure Alexis won't hold her accountable for her actions. And really what's one chance at an A hen she was in danger of failing multiple classes? It wouldn't have made much of a difference. Instead of crying about it they should've had her own up to her ish. Edited by OnceSane

oh, definitely. But . . . is there a chance that they might actually make a Franco/Liz a couple couple? Michelle Stafford said in a recent interview that there would be trouble for them, and the lack of Franco and Nina in the HALLELUJAH promo have caused some people to speculate they will be out of each other's orbits for a while.

Oh god, I don't want to imagine whose orbit they're going to put Michelle in.  I guess Easton's.

why did I even write this post?

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/915.gif

• Love 1

I don't care who he is or chooses to be (though I prefer non-mobular Jason) but he needs to choose to be something. He needs to get a job - even if it's just to fill up his days.

I just don't understand the point of bringing back a character with so much history and giving him so little agency.

Of course, I also would've been much more interested in watching him develop relationships with AJ and Michael as Jake Doe than either side of the triangle

• Love 8

I admittedly haven't seen much of the Kristina story so far, but from what I know, I don't think that "gender fluid" fits.  She's not questioning her gender identity, is she?  I think this is definitely about her sexuality, which is, as I understand it, a separate issue from her gender identity.  

• Love 5

I admittedly haven't seen much of the Kristina story so far, but from what I know, I don't think that "gender fluid" fits.  She's not questioning her gender identity, is she?  I think this is definitely about her sexuality, which is, as I understand it, a separate issue from her gender identity.  

You are correct on all points.

Here's the wiki on sexual fluidity. Or I guess maybe with the 'sexually fluid' thing they could be going for her being pansexual as opposed to bisexual.

But the sexual fluidity thing does actually make sense, but tv can't even do good bisexual stories, so I doubt this particular shit show is going to be able to do justice to something even more nuanced.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

You are correct on all points.

Here's the wiki on sexual fluidity. Or I guess maybe with the 'sexually fluid' thing they could be going for her being pansexual as opposed to bisexual.

But the sexual fluidity thing does actually make sense, but tv can't even do good bisexual stories, so I doubt this particular shit show is going to be able to do something even more nuanced justice.

Could you imagine them trying to do a gender fluid character?  I have zero doubt it would be anything other than a combination of embarrassing and offensive. 

Could you imagine them trying to do a gender fluid character?  I have zero doubt it would be anything other than a combination of embarrassing and offensive. 

Shudder. I feel like if RC hadn't been fired he might have went there since I guarantee you he was pissed B&B did a transgender character before he got there.

I am actually very interested in this Kristina story, it could really be good and interesting and unique, but then I remember what show I'm watching.

• Love 4

Despite what is shown on soaps, in real life I doubt someone who has had amnesia for close to a year would go back to being 100% like their old self once they got their memory back. BM's Jason not acting like SB's Jason makes sense and it would make sense for Jason 3.0 to be a mesh of Jason Morgan and Jake. 

But the sexual fluidity thing does actually make sense, but tv can't even do good bisexual stories, so I doubt this particular shit show is going to be able to do something even more nuanced justice.

While I would like to see more bisexual/sexual fluid representation in the media, it would probably be for the best if the writers decided to just make Kristina a lesbian. If she were bi/sexually fluid that would just give them an excuse to have her screwing everything with a pulse.

• Love 7

Jake Doe and Samantha Morgan had zero romantic interest in each other and now we're suppose to believe these two dweebs are soul mates and falling in love?!  What a load of BS.  BS.  Jake Doe had an immediate connection with Elizabeth, Carly, Michael, Danny and Monica, but zip for Sam and even married her at the cheap china buffet and these two still were clueless.  I want Jason away from any romantic relationships until he has all of his memories and deals with the fallout from his previous life.

Ava should have slugged hypocrite Carly in the face.

What the heck is up with Julian's hair?!

The scenes with Julian, Maxie, Dillon and Nina were dumb as hell.

Ooooooh.  Let's see serial killer Franco with a baby!  Not.

I don't care who he is or chooses to be (though I prefer non-mobular Jason) but he needs to choose to be something. He needs to get a job - even if it's just to fill up his days.

I just don't understand the point of bringing back a character with so much history and giving him so little agency.

Of course, I also would've been much more interested in watching him develop relationships with AJ and Michael as Jake Doe than either side of the triangle

It looks like the show is in a holding pattern with Jason in case BM decides to fly the coop, so why give him all of his memories back when they have to write a NEW retcon to replace whatever retcon they came up with.

• Love 1

Despite what is shown on soaps, in real life I doubt someone who has had amnesia for close to a year would go back to being 100% like their old self once they got their memory back. BM's Jason not acting like SB's Jason makes sense and it would make sense for Jason 3.0 to be a mesh of Jason Morgan and Jake.

Sure, but either way imo the writers are scared to write him as having all his memories back.

What the heck is up with Julian's hair?!

I don't know WHY it is so terrible but it definitely is very terrible.

• Love 1

Sure, but either way imo the writers are scared to write him as having all his memories back.

If they're "scared", it's because they're waiting to see if Billy will re-sign. Other than that, I don't see why they'd be scared to go there.

• Love 1

You mean you don't find it so much more dramatic and poignant that Jason is just trying to live his life the way it is now, without knowing his past?

• Love 4

I'd maybe understand it if the damn conversation took more than 4 minutes.  Seriously, that's how long their scenes were today.  Her scenes with day player Corbin were longer than the stuff we got today.   It's a load of bullshit that a conversation as important as the one today got as little time and attention as it did.  

I get what she is saying, she doesn't want the pressure of their "old life" over them the entire time, she wants to start new.   But again, the writing for it left a lot to be desired.

STFU Sonny.   And Franco, get your disgusting serial killing rapist hands off of Sam's baby brother. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

If Jason had to be recast (and I don't see why he did), then the show should have chosen an actor who'd be more likely to stick around for the long haul. Miller's wanderlust has been known since Y&R. So if this is a case of "no memories for Jason because we're not sure Billy will be here in 6 months", then they should have cast better.

Or make him a brainwashed dupe and let things move forward. Or just move, period.

• Love 5

If Jason had to be recast (and I don't see why he did), then the show should have chosen an actor who'd be more likely to stick around for the long haul. Miller's wanderlust has been known since Y&R. So if this is a case of "no memories for Jason because we're not sure Billy will be here in 6 months", then they should have cast better.

Or make him a brainwashed dupe and let things move forward. Or just move, period.

To me, it has to be about Billy's contract or they simply want Jason to be completely different but are using his history to semi-manipulate the audience. Because Billy is not the first person to ever take over a role. This is not the writers worried that he can't live up to whatever SBu supposedly did. No recast will ever be like the original. It's not possible. But you still give them the same history and relationships for that character at some point. Or WHY recast!?

• Love 3

Regardless of who this new Jason is suppose to be, the guy needs a life outside of just wondering around the city when he is not with Sam or Liz.

Also, the conversation between Jason and Sam would have been great if it lasted more than 5 seconds. 

• Love 6

Also, the conversation between Jason and Sam would have been great if it lasted more than 5 seconds. 

More scenes of Sam and Jason were filmed but got cut so we could be treated to Ava and Sonny once again treating that baby as a possession. 

• Love 7

More scenes of Sam and Jason were filmed but got cut so we could be treated to Ava and Sonny once again treating that baby as a possession.

These writers can't.write.romance. There is not ONE SINGLE COUPLE (IMO) that is getting good material or scenes together. Not a one.

• Love 10

I'm curious to see if Jason does ever get his memories back. I think Sam will be fine enter way. I like seeing them but I could enjoy their scenes more if they were longer than a minute.

Do Ava, Carly or Sonny actually hear the words they say to people? They can't because they'd never talk. Where's Joss Carly? Do you know or is Avery your new favorite child to raise?

I don't know why they are dragging out Kristina saying her professor is a woman. She can at least tell her mother. I can't imagine that Alexis would care about her being bisexual. The whole trading sex for a grade is the problem to me not her possibly liking women. Parker will be back soon so I'm interested to see where this goes.

• Love 5

At least Sonny did not come out and call Kristina a faithless whore like he has done to all the other women in his life.

Yet.

Does Neenah not realize that selling a magazine is important?  And Crimson doesn't just exist in Port Charles?  Whatever, show.  <rme>

• Love 7

I honestly am not sure who would be worse to have your baby be around, Dr. O or Franco. Kind of a toss up. Clearly they just bypass things by pretending they never happened. There is no way Olivia should be that cool with Liesl, after what she did to Dante and Lulu.

Um, Sonny? You haven't worked hard for a god damn thing. You kill people, that's hardly staying up all hours sweating over a presentation or doing brain surgery.

I can't help it, I like this version of Jason/Sam. BM is much more likeable and not a non-emoting stare blink robot. I mean, it's not the best writing (but then what is) and his place is like a third world country, but I still like them together.

I cannot with the hypocrisy of Sonny and Carly.

One of the many mistakes this show has made in the last few years was making Ava and Julian brother and sister. Because I still have all kinds of impure thoughts about them.

• Love 11

If the show wants to sell Jason and Sam as a made-from-scratch couple, can they at least get a new 'theme' song?  Every time that sappy piano music starts I cringe.  Oh, and also ditch the phoenix and dragon tchochkies.

I'm also continually amazed that a giant hellmouth doesn't open up and swallow Sonny and Carly every time they talk about how other people's parenting doesn't measure up to theirs. 

• Love 5