Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This week has given Liz fans absolutely no hope that anything good will be happening for Liz any time soon.

I think as long as they show her all about Jason or pining for Jason, nothing good will ever happen for her. He's a curse.

• Love 2

The Daivs girls are the most believable sisters in daytime. It probably helps that they look alike, too. I also think that Nathan & Nina are the least believable so brother & sister in daytime. I don't see any connection with them. A lot of it has to with Ryan Paevey not being a great actor & Michelle being an in your face over actress. The other day when they had their scenes in Maxie's apartment I sort of forgot that they were related. I don't feel the warm & fuzzy with.them.at.all.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

I think as long as they show her all about Jason or pining for Jason, nothing good will ever happen for her. He's a curse.

They haven't really shown her all about Jason this week though. To me, they've shown that she's accepted that its over, and that he's not coming back to her. They have also shown, IMO, that Liz deserves to be alone because she lied. I don't think they plan on changing that.

• Love 1

Just let him go live his perfect little life with Danny and Sam, and leave Liz and Jake alone.

The most eye-rolling part of yesterday for me was when Elizabeth said, if not for her lie, that Jason would be living happily ever with Sam and Danny right now.  Um...huh?  So now were supposed to extrapolate that if not for Liz Jason would've miraculously remember his cosmic/epic/ZOMG life with Sam because...why?  He's had less flashes of life with Sam since he's learned he's Jason than he did PRIOR to learing that, so the writers are really bending over backwards with the "all Liz's fault" bull.  

• Love 5

They haven't really shown her all about Jason this week though. To me, they've shown that she's accepted that its over, and that he's not coming back to her. They have also shown, IMO, that Liz deserves to be alone because she lied. I don't think they plan on changing that.

I don't know if I agree that the show is telling us that she "deserves to be alone." I think this is the show's dumb way of telling the viewers: "OK, she has paid for the lie. We're moving on now." The best thing that will ever happen to Liz (IMO) is finally getting her away from Jason romantically. Liz is a vet who deserves a love of her OWN.

• Love 9

I don't know if I agree that the show is telling us that she "deserves to be alone." I think this is the show's dumb way of telling the viewers: "OK, she has paid for the lie. We're moving on now." The best thing that will ever happen to Liz (IMO) is finally getting her away from Jason romantically. Liz is a vet who deserves a love of her OWN.

Oh I agree that the best thing for her is to be away from Jason, and I truly hope that this is her rock bottom, but usually soaps will give the character some hope in the midst of their rock bottoms, and maybe that's coming for Liz, but so far, they haven't done it.

Edited by MissE

Oh I agree that the best thing for her is to be away from Jason, and I truly hope that this is her rock bottom, but usually soaps will give the character some hope in the midst of their rock bottoms, and maybe that's coming for Liz, but so far, they haven't done it.

I think there's hope. That's the beauty of soaps. It never really ends. There's always a new day. I think there's a reason she met Griffin yesterday, for example.

• Love 1

Of course the insurance company wants to talk to the man of the house. Fuck off. I hate that misogynistic crap. Why cant they live with Grams?. Carl and Andy practically live there already.

Kristina was kinda a bitch when she said Molly was gay because she is a virgin. No. And of course Brad/Lucas are only let out of the closet to give a gay talk. 

Danny is alive!!!! What a cutie. Finally some JaSam family time. BM used tongue on that kiss LOL.

Of course its Lulu flashing back to happier times. Dantes brown jacket is hideous.

• Love 8

BM must be leaving when his contract is done, with as fast as they slapped Jasam back together.

I also love that Liz has basically been at the hospital non stop with Jake, but Jason can't really be bothered anymore. 

• Love 1

I don't quite understand this Jason doesn't care about Jake stuff. I also don't see why him being in love with Sam and caring about her also means he doesn't love Jake. Jason seems to be bending over backward to care about Jake and try to reconnect with Sam. Jason has done nothing but rush to Jake's aid when ever there has be trouble, but he also rushes to Sam's aid in trouble. I have never seen anyone make Jake think he did anything to Sam or what happened to Sam was in any way his fault. What I did see was both Liz and Jason try to teach Jake that making up stories about intruders and lying about broken pictures is wrong. Liz took her share of the blame for making him feel lying was okay because she DID lie. I'm not seeing what wrong thing Sam did that she would need to look bad for. You mean caring about Jake and trying to help him with his finger and not letting him hide in a dark basement is somehow bad? I think any mother who walked in on Jake like that would have done the same. She was going there to talk to Liz about what Franco told her to clear the air. What was wrong with that again?

I'm afraid Liz will be done in the Jason story just to be thrust into Nik and Hayden's drama which I don't think will be better for her. It did look like they are chem testing her with Sonny's new doctor though so there could be a love interest for her there or the rumor I hear of

Lucky returning

Though I don't know if that has any truth to it or not.

• Love 9
I don't quite understand this Jason doesn't care about Jake stuff. I also don't see why him being in love with Sam and caring about her also means he doesn't love Jake. Jason seems to be bending over backward to care about Jake and try to reconnect with Sam. Jason has done nothing but rush to Jake's aid when ever there has be trouble, but he also rushes to Sam's aid in trouble. I have never seen anyone make Jake think he did anything to Sam or what happened to Sam was in any way his fault. What I did see was both Liz and Jason try to teach Jake that making up stories about intruders and lying about broken pictures is wrong. Liz took her share of the blame for making him feel lying was okay because she DID lie. I'm not seeing what wrong thing Sam did that she would need to look bad for. You mean caring about Jake and trying to help him with his finger and not letting him hide in a dark basement is somehow bad? I think any mother who walked in on Jake like that would have done the same. She was going there to talk to Liz about what Franco told her to clear the air. What was wrong with that again?

Sam was absolutely wrong in confronting Jake about him lying. Jake is none of her business. She should have gotten the babysitter to take care of his finger, and then told Liz and Jason what was going on. Sam was completely wrong in how she handled that, especially since she knew she wasn't welcome at Liz's house. She doesn't care about Jake, she cares about Jason. There's a big difference. 

As for Jason bending over backwards for Jake, he's his father, its his responsibility to help with Jake, which he showed this week is nothing but a burden to him.

• Love 4

The best of this V-day episode: the kind/lovely Kristina and Lucas/Brad talk about sexuality, Liz snapping at the insurance person over the phone who asked to speak to her "husband," the Laura-Elizabeth hug (with mention of the past),  TJ's 'huh?" face at Molly awkwardly announcing to him she wants sex. (I assume it's only because of what Kristina said to her.)  And I guess it was nice of Maxie to want to push Dante and Lulu together for the holiday.

Did NOT like" "I read my charts. I'm fine." Really, Sam? You're a medical professional now, too?  Lucas just saying okay, you can sneak Sam home when he's not in a position of authority to tell her that was just ....bleh.   All just a set-up for JaSam to play family in the Penthouse, and for the kissing/connection when Jason has just acknowledged he doesn't have his memories of living there with her. 

• Love 3

More like Jason remembered he has another kid. He has been attached to DNAJ for months. 

Liz has other children too, and she clearly hasn't left the hospital, but like I said, once Sam got to the hospital, Jason has acted like Jake was just a burden.

• Love 1

Jason and Sam get to be perfect and in love, while Liz literally has to pick up the pieces of her life, alone. This week has given Liz fans absolutely no hope that anything good will be happening for Liz any time soon.

????? Best friend Nik told her he would take of her. She got a hug from NuDoc. Mortal enemy Carly told her she's a great mom. So did tender art therapist Franco.

• Love 12

What was the point of Liz's call with the insurance company? To rub it in that she doesn't have a husband? Although I've never had an insurance company ask to speak to my husband when I'm the policy holder.

• Love 1

I wonder if those KeMo/BM rumors are true. Makes you wonder after he stuck his tongue down her throat.

They are. Kim McC spilled it on twitter. When someone said Jasam had a great kiss she replied "well I think they practice in real life."

• Love 1

What was the point of Liz's call with the insurance company? To rub it in that she doesn't have a husband? Although I've never had an insurance company ask to speak to my husband when I'm the policy holder.

I'll reply in the Liz thread.

KELLY MONACO HAS SEXUAL CHEMISTRY WITH AN ACTOR AGAIN!!!!!!

PRAISE JA-SUS.

Just busted out laughing in my office - desperately trying to transition the cackling into a realistic sounding cough

tender art therapist Franco.

*dies*

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
DG's Michael was whiny.  Sort of like Morgan is now where everyone is wrong and he's just misunderstood.  I didn't like DG's version at all.  His Michael was always angry and always whining.  Jmo

I liked Drew Garrett at the time, and was sorry when the announcement was made that he had been let go after less than a year, but I prefer Chad Duell. Someone could make a case that the DG version of Michael was easier to connect to Dylan Cash's "Red Menace" version, meaning, "A little asshole had grown up to be a bigger, if better-looking asshole." But DG was a bit one-note compared to Duell, and I don't think it was all the writing. 

• Love 1

Kristina was kinda a bitch when she said Molly was gay because she is a virgin. No. And of course Brad/Lucas are only let out of the closet to give a gay talk.

Still at work, but I can understand Kristina lashing out about something she's trying so hard to keep a secret; I know Kristina and Molly have dealt with Alexis having certain expectations from her daughters, and I'm sure Kristina's afraid to let her misogynist, emotionally unstable father or her mother know she's attracted to women (let's not forget her parents originally pulled strings to get her to Yale to keep her away from Ethan and from working for Crimson respectively).

This has the potential to be a good story. I do worry that TIIC will screw this up terribly given the other stories so far.

• Love 2

How did Liz get from the hospital to Wyndamiere so fast? Didn't Maxie say earlier this week when Nathan suggested that Lulu/Rocco stay there that Lulu would have to take the launch every time she wanted to go to work?

Liz got to Wyndamiere from work in presumably the same amount of time that it took for Jason to put Danny to bed.

Edited by LexieLily

Still at work, but I can understand Kristina lashing out about something she's trying so hard to keep a secret

That's exactly how I saw it. Kristina was deflecting, so I knew that the way she treated Molly was just an extension of that. 

I liked her talk with Lucas/Brad, and also when she almost came out to Sonny at the end. I know from experience how hard it is to just say those two little words.

• Love 2

I finally figured out who Nathan reminds me of, with his stiff, stoic, man-of-few-words quality and limited range of vocal tone: David Puddy on Seinfeld. They should get him the 8-ball jacket and have him start asking Dante for high-fives.   

• Love 4

Jordan should give Valerie her date, if she's gonna start badgering Valerie about every date she has.

Oh, and Jordan, you're marriage probably would have worked out if you had cheated with Shawn and then Shawn hadn't shot off the guy's face or whatever he did. 

TJ and Molly: you go, ya crazy kids. (also, did FV see the rest of the contract black actors on set or something and go, oh yeah! We have that TJ kid too! Call him and get him here!)

Ugh, go home sadsack Dante and take care of your kid.

Also, that little Jordan/Dante scene reminded me of when I wanted them to try them. I still could go for it, although right now she might be Officially Too Hot for him, what with that greasy hair and all.

Laura, I'm sure you don't need an excuse to go out. Just go. I kinda found her snarkiness funny but then she threw out the manure line and it's like jesus lady, Nikolas put her in a damn coma. She's well within her rights to swindle his ass off.

Also between Nikolas talking about the inheritance and Lulu big-eyeing, "what could Helena possibly do to us?" I am afraid once again of that stupid embryo. The only way that is acceptable is if combined with the other worst show decision, to rehire Michael Michael Easton, Michael Easton plays the SORASed embryo. Otherwise, then it should be killed and quickly.

Maxie: that should force them to talk together!

Or maybe Dante will take a brochure and read it while he takes a dump while Lulu calls her cousin the hotel owner.* Unless Carly is in on it. I might have missed some dialogue.

*Also probably what Lante did last year on Valentine's day. They were an old boring married couple, you know!

Look away, you Billy Miller lovers: I wanted to punch him in the face when he ggrr-ing and gar-ing or whatever with Danny. His acting tics are just not my thing.

If that is an engagement ring, Nathan deserves whatever stupid thing Maxie might run out and do. Way too soon, if ever. But I'm not convinced it is. Seems like a fake-out. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Liz has other children too ...

SHE DOES?! ;)

I'm glad Lucas/Brad got to share a scene today. I'll take what I can get! And the Kristina/Lucas/Brad discussion was pretty good. Certainly better than I expected. I'm just waiting for this story to be horrible though tbh. We all know it will be.

The whole thing with Molly not wanting to have sex is bordering on offensive to me but I'm trying to wait and see how it plays out.

Jordan's hate for Curtis is so stupid and I am super over it. Let's move on.

OK I'm still liking Liz, so it lasted more than one ep, which I didn't expect. Although at the end she was all, "Jason helped Sam," or whatever, looking all woeful. Move on!

I enjoyed Laura today. I laughed at the manure line. It was pretty good! But still, Laura really needs to give it a rest with the Hayden hate. It's just completely nonsensical at this point.

Honestly I thought this episode overall was pretty decent.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
did FV see the rest of the contract black actors on set or something and go, oh yeah! We have that TJ kid too! Call him and get him here!

This is Black History Month, you know. GH is just doing its part to celebrate.

The whole thing with Molly not wanting to have sex is bordering on offensive to me but I'm trying to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't care if she has sex or not, but it's gross she decided to have it because her sister sneered at her for being a virgin. 

• Love 2

I don't care if she has sex or not, but it's gross she decided to have it because her sister sneered at her for being a virgin. 

Oh, is that why? I missed it. Jeez Molly, stand tall. Kristina slept with a abuser and some rando at school, she should tell her to think over her life choices instead.

• Love 6

I mean I'm not gonna be mad at Molly for that since Kristina was horrible to say that shit to her. I can understand why Kristina did it, she's deflecting, but I can also understand why Molly would feel really self-conscious after that. I doubt TJ and Molly will even have sex anyway.

But I can't really tell what exactly they're going for with this story and it's very strange to me. It feels like they're trying to make it out like there's something wrong with Molly because she doesn't wanna have sex, which I feel is pretty gross and offensive. But that's par for the course with this show.

• Love 4

Jordan should give Valerie her date, if she's gonna start badgering Valerie about every date she has.

Maybe therapy would help Valerie with her asshole tendencies.

that little Jordan/Dante scene reminded me of when I wanted them to try them. I still could go for it, although right now she might be Officially Too Hot for him, what with that greasy hair and all.

They spark. I totally wanted Jordan/Dante to end up as partners under Commissioner Anna (while Plywood was out for his monthly sanding)

• Love 3

I'm not sure which I am dreading more in the coming weeks: the Julian/Alexis wedding, where Alexis (wearing the lowest cut bridal gown ever designed) will try to act the same age as her three bridesmaid daughters, giggling and teary, until a mob war breaks out---or the reading of Helena's will, which will be either reveal a list of personalized curses or mark the re-appearance of someone we thought was long dead (yawn). Since he was said to be cremated, I am betting on Duke.</sarcasm>.

Didn't Nik tell Hayden that he has a copy of Helena's will in his safe? Presumably he has read it, then. Did he refrain from telling his mother Laura what to expect because he suspects his copy of the will is not Helena's final one? Or some other reason?

Here's hoping that Tracy's brain spasm isn't symptomatic of true illness that might make Luke return to take care of her.

• Love 2
Did he refrain from telling his mother Laura what to expect because he suspects his copy of the will is not Helena's final one?

The other way around: Laura suggested the will Nik was familiar with was not the final one. Nik scoffed, because he's an asshole.

• Love 5

I wish they would make Kristina bi. It would be a nice change of pace since I'm not sure I've ever watched a show that had a bi character. 

My first thought after the her scene with Lucas and Brad is that she's going to turn out to be bi - she said to them "not straight," and when she first got together with Kiefer she came across as straight - her concerns about sleeping with him were not about a lack of attraction. When she had the crush on Ethan, she *clearly* thought he was hot.  I think Lexi could play a bi character.

• Love 4

My first thought after the her scene with Lucas and Brad is that she's going to turn out to be bi - she said to them "not straight," and when she first got together with Kiefer she came across as straight - her concerns about sleeping with him were not about a lack of attraction. When she had the crush on Ethan, she *clearly* thought he was hot.  I think Lexi could play a bi character.

TPTB could have changed their mind, but when this broke as a blind item, it said a character's sexuality would be "fluid". That says bi to me, but who knows.

• Love 1

Not happy to see Lucas and Brad as just "go to" people for Kristina to ask questions about her same-sex tendencies. In fact, I'm not happy to see Lucas with Brad at this point. There is ZERO investment in that relationship. RC obviously had no interest in them and neither do the current writers, apparently. Legacy Lucas deserves more! Why is this so hard for the writers to see? On other fronts, I'm going to need Curtis to be a disciple of Satan because that's how bad he seems to be in Jordan's eyes. I did notice that Jordan mentioned cocaine when talking about him to Valerie. Was Curtis a drug dealer? Drug user? Or perhaps both?