Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny has some major balls to walk into the home of the mother of the man he terrorized for years and then murdered (not killed, like in self defense, but murder). I can only guess that he let himself in because I am sure that Alice wouldn't let him in. 

Michael might be one of my least favorite characters and Chad Duell is the equivalent of a sleep aid, but damn if I am not rooting for him in the Avery custody battle. He isn't wrong, even if he is getting her for revenge, she is far safer with him than Sonny. I really wish they made TJ his talk to instead of Sabrina, only I in my mind, TJ would be more team!Michael.

I am going to pretend that Morgan is kissing Sonny's ass because he wants to be close to whoever has primary custody of Avery because he knows that Avery is his. He made all nicey nice with Kiki. 

• Love 5

Yet, he didn't feel like he knew Carly or Sam

Jake openly offered to "talk" to Michael for Carly during one of her whining jags about how Michael was refusing to talk to her or see her, etc. Classic Jason Morgan, imho.

Carly basically told him that she helped to cover up a murder that impacted Michael greatly because the man killed was his birth father and Jake's response was to offer and go and "smooth" things over with Michael like Carly had merely cut off his trust fund.

To me that was a perfect example of Carly and Jason's twisted and sick dynamic.

He is always willing to be Carly's "saviour" and whatever the issue he will hurry off and "fix it" for her, no questions asked. If anything Jake's latched onto Carly even faster than Jason Morgan did the first time he had his brain scrambled.

And as for Sam and Jake "connecting", imo that's just Ron's asinine determination to make us "wait" for the super awesome reveal that Jake is Jason after Sam and Patrick have played mattress tag for the umpteenth time.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Hey, you know what, Sonny arranging Alice's heart transplant hasn't come out yet.  I'm surprised Ron didn't play that sympathy card.

There's still time, anything that will paint Sonny as the ultimate hero of PC to further the cause. 

Hey, maybe that'll make even Alice start to rag on Michael that he needs to just give Sonny a pass just this once. To have a "heart", wink wink...and I feel sick.

• Love 2

I feel like this show is mocking me by having Olivia dress in black, wear long jackets, be behind the bar and mention laying low in Brooklyn to have the baby, as these are all the things I suggested for the show to do to cover LLC real life pregnancy. 

• Love 4

Sigh.  If I let myself think about Ron killing off AJ for more than a few seconds, I feel I'll torch my TV.  I loved AJ and I loved that Michael and AJ finally got to bond.   I just can't stand it!  I want Michael to bury these bitches and burn his dumb ass parents to the ground!

I got that last line backwards, didn't I?  Burn, then bury! HA!

Couldn't have said it better myself!  How about, bury, dig up, burn, then bury again?

• Love 2

I like the scenario proposed by Grrpants09 - Michael and Jason vs Sonny and Snarly, and whoever else is dumb enough to get into the fray.

Michael turning into another AJ would be too depressing and just wrong.  Though I'm sure it would delight all the Sonny fans who can't stand "weakness" in any form.  Because, of course, shooting unarmed people is such a brave and strong thing to do.

• Love 5

I see no evidence whatsoever that Sabrina is this horrifically unpopular character, from all available objective evidence she has a goodly number of fans.  I realize she was well hated by the TWoP crowd, but it's not like they had their finger on the pulse of popularity.  So more than likely the reason she is being kept around is that she has fans and they want to see her on the show.  (Don't feel bad, I have been mystified for lo these many years that a character as outright repulsive as Sonny Corinthos has any fans at all, much less a fanbase with enough clout to keep him front and center as the show's romantic leading man).

Thank you! It always unnerves me when people act like just because they don't like something that must mean that everyone is like minded. I hate, hate, hate Sonny, Jason, and Carly, but I can't say they don't have their fans and there might be a legitimate reason they're not all given the boot.

Alexis looks like more of an idiot than she usually does. She should know Ned is lying, but she probably has Julian's chest on her brain.

Julian's chest is pretty nice, so I can't blame her for being preoccupied with it. But I don't really get this comment. In the preview Alexis is saying that she doesn't believe Ned is Olivia's baby's father, so she does suspect something is off and clearly remembers Ned's history of claiming babies as his.

• Love 1

If Olivia's kid ends up having some dangerous disease that'll need stem cells, I'll know for sure that Ron has basically given up and has stolen old Guza-era scripts. Although it is sort of leaning that way now as it is...

Thank you! It always unnerves me when people act like just because they don't like something that must mean that everyone is like minded. I hate, hate, hate Sonny, Jason, and Carly, but I can't say they don't have their fans and there might be a legitimate reason they're not all given the boot.

For my own part I would never base someone's popularity on how they're received here. I'm mystified she doesn't get the boot, not because she's so very hated, although from my own observations, there have been more legitimately popular characters tossed out, but because they themselves don't seem to have a use for her ever since April of last year and they just have so very very many characters. Whatever their reasons for keeping her I don't think it's because of any fans she has, but who knows.

• Love 3
I got that last line backwards, didn't I?  Burn, then bury! HA!

I think you got it just right.  Sonny and Carly should be buried alive, and then the earth scorched over them.  

I've been thinking about it (read: drinking), and I realized that I hate Carly, but I appreciate how she's written and played (mostly).  She is someone I love to hate.  Well, like to hate, at least.  LW plays her as convincing herself that all the insane and delusional stuff she spouts is true as a way to protect herself, which is something that was always kind of true about Carly.  And even now, I feel like we're supposed to recognize that Carly is so selfish/ narcissistic/ immature/ misguided that she doesn't really see or isn't able to admit to herself the reality of things; instead she forces on these rose colored glasses and pretends like everything is the way she wants them to be, or the way that is easiest for her.  At times like this, I see her as being seriously desperate and scrambling to "fix" things in a way that makes sense to her.  I don't agree with her, for sure, but I sort of get where she's coming from.  Pisses me off, but other people seem to realize that she's a hot mess and she's frequently been at least verbally attacked for screwing shit up.  

Sonny, on the other hand, is just a smug fucking asshole and everyone kisses his ass.  I don't think his character has been portrayed consistently over any period of time longer than a week, and I sure as hell don't think MB has regularly done a good job "acting."  Most infuriating is that the lip service we get from Sonny and everyone else is in direct contrast to what we've seen on screen for 20 years.  They show him being a terrible human being pretty much all of the time, but he and almost every other character seem totally convinced that he is wonderful and amazing and perfect.  I don't get the sense that Sonny's delusions are the result of an effort to protect himself or him being in denial - instead, I think he really and truly believes his own hype, and thinks he can do whatever he wants with no consequences.  Which, he's not totally wrong about, I guess, because he does get away with some serious dick moves.  

I don't think I'm articulating it very well, but the point is that my hate for Carly is very different than my hate for Sonny.  Sonny exasperates and infuriates me to no end and makes me want to punch my television.  Carly drives me nuts, but kind of makes me want to keep watching her.  Or at least doesn't make me want to stab my own eyes out and stick a chopstick so far into my ears that my eardrums burst and I am spared ever having to listen to her, unlike Sonny.  Maybe it's that I hate the character but I find her somewhat interesting to watch, whereas with Sonny, I never want to see him and don't give a shit about him or his feelings or anything.  

• Love 10

I don't think I'm articulating it very well, but the point is that my hate for Carly is very different than my hate for Sonny.  Sonny exasperates and infuriates me to no end and makes me want to punch my television.  Carly drives me nuts, but kind of makes me want to keep watching her.  Or at least doesn't make me want to stab my own eyes out and stick a chopstick so far into my ears that my eardrums burst and I am spared ever having to listen to her, unlike Sonny.  Maybe it's that I hate the character but I find her somewhat interesting to watch, whereas with Sonny, I never want to see him and don't give a shit about him or his feelings or anything.  

Your points are well-taken.

I dislike Snarly because she's so blind when it comes to Sonny (and probably Jason, though I wasn't watching at the time of Robot Jason, thank goodness), and throws her kids overboard every time Sonny sneezes.  But the thing about that character, she does have feelings for other people besides herself - sometimes - and I guess that is what keeps me from hating her.   Although she rarely displays any insight, when she does realize she's done something crappy, she actually feels bad. 

Sonny, on the other hand, never feels bad for anyone else but himself.  That whole 'saving Snarly from Franco' thing was utter bs - Sonny just couldn't stand it that something he once owned was with someone else.  He kept pushing and pushing until it blew up, and then he still didn't see how he played a part in any of it.  It's always someone else's fault, and it's only when other people keep explaining to him why some character is upset with him, that he seems to understand...kinda.  But even then, his way of thinking is, "I guess I deserve blah blah blah because of what I did, and that seemed to hurt so-and-so, at least everyone tells me that, so I'll just go along and say that, too."  He just. has. no. soul.  And, quite frankly, no brains.  It's hard to imagine him being clever enough to make a cup of coffee, let alone run a coffee business.

I hope to high heaven that MB is such a talented actor that he pulls off this sociopathic cluelessness as well as he does, because the alternative would be that he really believes his own character's bullshit.  Or that he is such a terrible actor that he doesn't convey feelings very well, and is generally clueless.  Honestly, I just don't know.

I hope one day other characters will be featured more prominently, rather than this mob stuff.  I'd take the vampire crap over this any day.

• Love 5

HipOldBat, exactly!  But please reconsider your stance on the vampires - that was complete dreck, even more nonsensical than the Legion of Doom crap we are currently suffering through.  Well, maybe not more than, but the two stories are on the same level.  I'm generally against the mob scenes (exceptions: I love Julian and Johnny), but I can't honestly say the vamp stuff was better. 

• Love 1

Bruh. Let me Kanye myself into this discussion. AJ Quartermaine was not weak. A weak man doesn't brave criminal charges to comfort his mother on the death of the very brother who turned into Borg, attempt to connect with his son, see Carly hand him alcohol and say oh drink but take care of her drunk ass like a decent person and not bang her like some moobsters would, apologize to his father's grave for stuff he did years ago, face his damn criminal charges like a man, say if he killed someone he deserves to be in prison, nor does a weak man have the courage to face the monsters who stole his son and got him shot and raped and be civil with them for his son's benefit. Having an addiction and realizing you need help doesn't make you weak. It makes you stronger than the claustrophobic killer with the harem of enablers.

You know who was weak? I don't need to say it. And AJ Quartermaine was not fat. So shut up Ron and Frank. AJ was a man. He was not a whiny little girl constantly trying to get parental acceptance or a wee mobster needing to assert his power in the world.

• Love 14

I don't think I'm articulating it very well, but the point is that my hate for Carly is very different than my hate for Sonny.  Sonny exasperates and infuriates me to no end and makes me want to punch my television.  Carly drives me nuts, but kind of makes me want to keep watching her.

I'm conflicted because I hate Carly and wish she would die, but, at the same time, I do like watching Carly confrontations (with Michael, Robin, Alexis, Tracy, AJ, etc).  I don't actually hate Sonny because I'm always, probably of the wrong-headed belief, that he's better than what I'm seeing.  It's a combo of his 90s behavior mixed with my Sexis fandom.  When he turned back to Carly, when Guza returned in 2002, I should've known better.  But, I'm still delusional.  Even after shooting Dante and killing AJ.  I hate how Sonny's acting, but I still feel he can see the light somehow. Or get better writing.  That's what it is, I feel Sonny can be better with better writing because TPTB of any given moment really don't get how to write him.  Carly, I just hate her even with stellar writing.  Help me. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

Um, do we even know Nikolas' reason for fixing the Mayoral election in the first place? Was he just having a really bad case of the Mondays or something? 

When Sonny walked in to the Quartermaine living room, I seriously wanted the walls to shake, the lights to flicker and the shrieks of all the dead Qs he's messed with to fill his head and bring him DOWN(!!)...then Alice would appear and slam down her mighty staff in front of little Napolean and bellow YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!. But instead..... we getting nothing, RonRon. #FanFebruaryFail   #WhathappenswhenyoubingewatchLOTRfilms

Ned you went and pulled another Ned. Remember how well that worked out last time with Alexis against Sonny? Yeah, didn't think so. 

Olivia, for a lie to work on others you have to look a little less pathetically grateful when faux beau steps in to save you with absolutely no groundwork in evidence to make said lie believable. Any Bensonhurst gal knows this. *hairtoss*

• Love 6

I'm going to let it go that technically Michael kicked Sonny out of Monica's house just because it was hella awesome that Micheal kicked Sonny out of the Quartermaine Mansion.

Alan gave it to her. 

Helena is looking good! That suit? Those pearls? Girl is on point! (Maybe Jane Elliot(t) should ask to wear her own clothes.....Tracey should also be dressed like a rich powerful woman)

Ned? Did you learn nothing from the last time you did this? Go away to Salem and live your alternate life as Justin Kiriakas until you come to your senses! 

• Love 3

Ned should have sexed up Olivia rather than go for Alexis whilst mooning over another mobster. Sigh. And I liked Julian once.

Olivia is no better than Alexis IMO.  She still gives Sonny the time of day which for me means Ned should run the other way.

Olivia, Carly, Alexis, Sam. They are all bananas in the same bunch. They are perfectly fine with sleeping with/marrying a murdering mobster as long as said mobster is honest with them, treating them right, etc.  But once that changes, all of a sudden those idiots go around talking about how dangerous the man is, etc, etc. How horrible he is. I couldn't have been the only one whose eyes almost rolled out of my head during all of Sam's speeches about *anyone* involved in the mob who wasn't Jason. Or Alexis and her pathetic panting over Julian. Carly, it goes without saying that she's just an idiot and deserves to lose all she holds dear, because of her support of Sonny and Jason over the years.

Olivia, eh. She actually raised a kid and kept him from his mobster father for the majority of his life. So I gotta give her props, but yeah, she's a hypocrite, too.

• Love 7

The problem for the women on this show is you cannot swing a cat without hitting a mobster. Unless you are sleeping with Patrick, whose a dog, Nathan who has the IQ of a fish, Ned, who for some strange reason never gets to girl, or Dante, who actually loves and is faithful to his wife, what are they suppose to do?

PS Oh Silas who is so fu*king boring I forgot him the first time

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 8

There are so many things Carly and Sonny say that really if this was a show with a budget would require a bursting into flames special effect.  Carly got me with the line that its not Michael's place to punish Sonny.  Sonny got to me with "Avery is safe with me."  I find these characters exhausting.  They are in their own little la la land.

I don't have a problem with Sonny and Carly's view of things; delusion and denial is kind of their thing.  What I have a huge problem with is that the rest of the canvas is so one-sided.  Why is everyone basically taking the attitude that Michael is being petty and vindictive against poor ol' Sonny?  I just wish the writing were more balanced.  There should be more people - if not saying directly to Michael then at least saying it among themselves - of the opinion that Michael's feelings are justified and maybe he's not dealing with it in a healthy manner but Sonny did murder an unarmed man and he really does have a shitty track record protecting those around him.  Why aren't more people pointing out that all of his kid's mothers have tried to keep him away from their children for this very reason.  If they want any support for Sonny's view then they should stop writing Michael as so alone in his feelings.  The more people that tell Michael he is wrong, the more I want him to dig in and never let up.

Helena is looking good! That suit? Those pearls? Girl is on point!

I've been thinking this for the last several days.  CT really does look wonderful in that suit.

• Love 4
Why is everyone basically taking the attitude that Michael is being petty and vindictive against poor ol' Sonny?

Because Sonny is "Winning!". And Ron is a hack.

I think he's setting this up to somehow paint Michael as a young man who will become so consumed with the need to have revenge and take down Sonny he will "lose himself". Since at least four people just this week alone have claimed as such and this crap is only just beginning, I can't even imagine how much more terrible and awful and dumb ass things are sure to get in the all too near future.

Ron has no intentions of changing Sonny for the better, he pardoned him for murdering one of the few vets left on this show just because the actor didn't kiss his ass enough so he began to mock his character as a "fat loser", and aside from maybe two or three people no one else in town has really expressed feelings that his murder was heinous, inexcusable and repulsive and that his murderer is a toxic waste dump of a human being.

Michael isn't getting support because apparently no one really cares that A.J. is dead or that Sonny murdered him because they "like" Sonny more. Guza turned PC into Sonny's "realm" and Ron hasn't bothered to really change a thing.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

Because Sonny is "Winning!". And Ron is a hack.

I think he's setting this up to somehow paint Michael as a young man who will become so consumed with the need to have revenge and take down Sonny he will "lose himself". Since at least four people just this week alone have claimed as such and this crap is only just beginning, I can't even imagine how much more terrible and awful and dumb ass things are sure to get in the all too near future.

Ron has no intentions of changing Sonny for the better, he pardoned him for murdering one of the few vets left on this show just because the actor didn't kiss his ass enough so he began to mock his character as a "fat loser", and aside from maybe two or three people no one else in town has really expressed feelings that his murder was heinous, inexcusable and repulsive and that his murderer is a toxic waste dump of a human being.

Michael isn't getting support because apparently no one really cares that A.J. is dead or that Sonny murdered him because they "like" Sonny more. Guza turned PC into Sonny's "realm" and Ron hasn't bothered to really change a thing.

yep which is one of the reasons I'm fine with checking out of this show.I've been sick of the sonny can do no wrong show for over a decade while others are made to look bad while he constantly wins.

• Love 5

Alan gave it to her. 

Helena is looking good! That suit? Those pearls? Girl is on point! (Maybe Jane Elliot(t) should ask to wear her own clothes.....Tracey should also be dressed like a rich powerful woman)

I think Jane wears her own clothes as well, at least some of the time.

Well to be fair I don't know who the writer was in 1998-2000 but even back then the writing for AJ was that he was pathetic even his own Q family was very emotionally abusive towards him about Michael's custody.

I think most of the people in town a) also thought AJ killed Connie b) understand Sonny the mobster would kill for revenge. So even though now it is clear AJ didn't kill Connie they understand Sonny enough to know he did it for "reasons" at the time even if those reasons don't exist now. I think they also all view SONNY as Michael's father b/c of years of conditioning and no one wants to see a son turn against his father b/c that is just sad. I think Michael is the only one who considers AJ his father so the rest of them just don't "get it" from his point of view.

I actually feel of all the stories right now this one is the best written and most in character story from my point of view. I like Sonny but don't think he is a good person and I don't dislike Michael but can see how what he is doing isn't in his own best interest as a good person. I can see the irony that Michael IS being just like Sonny and I wish he would be the better man. In general this story is interesting to me.

• Love 2

The more people that tell Michael he is wrong, the more I want him to dig in and never let up.

I'm the same way.  It doesn't help that I have to listen to characters constantly shit on AJ.  I know the man had his issues and did shitty things but he was no worse than Carly, Sonny or any other character on this show so the more Michael is an island onto himself and I have to listen to people praise Sonny or Carly the more I root for Team Michael.   

Edited by ch1
  • Love 9

I think most of the people in town a) also thought AJ killed Connie b) understand Sonny the mobster would kill for revenge. So even though now it is clear AJ didn't kill Connie they understand Sonny enough to know he did it for "reasons" at the time even if those reasons don't exist now.

So...if AJ had killed Connie for revenge (for exposing Kiki's paternity and losing him ELQ), that would have been unforgivable, but Sonny killing AJ in revenge for killing Connie is okay?

• Love 5

So...if AJ had killed Connie for revenge (for exposing Kiki's paternity and losing him ELQ), that would have been unforgivable, but Sonny killing AJ in revenge for killing Connie is okay?

I don't personally think it is okay but I think the characters in PC do like Sonny more than AJ so I don't find it out of character for them to be okay with the pardon. It's not like they were all trying to get him out of prison either so they were okay with him being in jail too. They see that Sonny broke out to save his son and they can identify with that too.

The problem for the women on this show is you cannot swing a cat without hitting a mobster.

Yes, and there's that. Some woman will always have to be the "one" to look the other way about the murdering mobsters, otherwise they'd never have a pairing.

I forgot Liz in that bunch, she's just as bad as the rest of them.

And Robin too, forgot about her worship of Saint Jason.

And this again is where we need balance because all we're seeing are the Sonny sympathizers.  We can't get one scene of Monica railing about her son's murderer going free?  We hear that Skye got duped off-screen for her ELQ shares, we can't hear that she called Michael to offer her sympathy and support?  I mean, even with Ned, he got to react on-screen to Sonny's pardon for about ten seconds (to a Sonny sympathizer) before rushing into the next plot point.

• Love 9

There are parents who turn in their own kids for crimes so even if people like Sonny more or hate AJ -they shouldn't be a-ok with MURDER.  The way everyone shrugs it off is disgusting.

• Love 8

I can see where in their minds Sonny was caught he confessed and was sent to prison then the governor pardoned him for something good he did. So Sonny was caught and punished but the justice system let him go. meh it was just AJ and no one like him anyway so they have a clean conscience. They didn't help Sonny beat a murder charge Sonny willingly went to prison and then the system gave him a pardon.

I mean half the town is related to or loves/loved someone in the mob or LOD so they understand "grey" people who commit crimes and also do good. Of course in the real world he would be terrible but in a fictional world I just don't find it that unbelievable that they shrug it off.

I mean I really can't get into the argument that Sam would be a Michael supporter. From where I sit her father who raised her was a con-artist, her biodad is a mob boss and her husband was a hit man for the mob. She loved/loves all those people. She would allow any of them around her child. I can see where she'd sympathize with the position Michael is in but also encourage him to forgive Sonny.

• Love 1

The problem isn't that the whole thing is OOC, the problem is that's it's gross. It's so sad just how in character it is for basically everyone to think Sonny's a hero and a good father, while they chastise Michael for being upset that his father was murdered in cold blood.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

The problem isn't that the whole thing is OOC, the problem is that's it's gross. It's so sad just how in character it is for basically everyone to think Sonny's a hero and a good father, while they chastise Michael for being upset that his father was murdered in cold blood.

I mean, to be fair, no one has actually chastised him about still being upset except Carly. Morgan has, but not to his face. Even Olivia didn't say he didn't have a right to be upset, just that she knew how he felt because she had to watch AJ walking around when she thought he killed Connie. 

But it's crazy how they expect the audience to just not care because it was AJ or whatever. I was indifferent to AJ but he wasn't so evil that he deserved to be gunned down. It's the same with Connie. I thought she was a friggin awful character but she didn't deserve to be gunned down either. Although I guess the show is rehabilitating Ava too, so.

• Love 10

Well to be fair I don't know who the writer was in 1998-2000 but even back then the writing for AJ was that he was pathetic even his own Q family was very emotionally abusive towards him about Michael's custody.

I think most of the people in town a) also thought AJ killed Connie b) understand Sonny the mobster would kill for revenge. So even though now it is clear AJ didn't kill Connie they understand Sonny enough to know he did it for "reasons" at the time even if those reasons don't exist now. I think they also all view SONNY as Michael's father b/c of years of conditioning and no one wants to see a son turn against his father b/c that is just sad. I think Michael is the only one who considers AJ his father so the rest of them just don't "get it" from his point of view

The head writer then was Guza, that's why I said Ron has basically left things as Bob fashioned them wherever Sonny's concerned.

Guza wrecked and ruined A.J. every chance he got, he not only had him seen as the Cain to Jason's Abel by his entire family, but then he had Jason team up right alongside Sonny and they both targeted A.J., stealing Michael away from him in the most cruel and unforgivable way possible.

Guza made A.J. the black sheep and Ron has just carried on that same twisted mentally, especially since Sean "insulted his honour" or whatever the hell he got his knickers in a twist about.

Even now though he is dead, murdered, most characters still find a way to insult and demean and accuse A.J. as if he was just the most disgusting guy around.

No one "wins" against Sonny, not really. You will either lose your life or lose your sanity, and some days I feel as if I'm in the latter category.

We can't get one scene of Monica

Just stopping there says it all, because the last mention we got of her involved Carly's claim that Monica called her to tell her about the boat bomb.

Why have Monica making an appearance to worry over her family, half of whom would have been wiped out on that boat if it had exploded, we'll just say she called Carly, not Tracy or Sam or Bobbie, to tell her to run by and check on Michael even though she's fully aware of his feelings towards his mother now.

I guess her just getting a mention, a shout out, was something...the writing on this show is so ridiculous and transparent a classroom of fourth graders could do a better job.

But you are so right, that Monica hasn't even yet been allowed a good rant over the sheer audacity that her son's cold blooded murderer (I first had mutterer and in Sonny's case that actually fits as well, heh) is now free and pardoned and allowed to go right ahead with his life and enjoy it while her son rots in the earth...I just can't, my blood pressure can't take it.

There are parents who turn in their own kids for crimes so even if people like Sonny more or hate AJ -they shouldn't be a-ok with MURDER.  The way everyone shrugs it off is disgusting.

He murdered a "drunk, fat loser" hardly anyone gave a damn about so I suppose they consider him gunning down A.J. a public service really. /I'd say this sarcastically but at this point I must wonder if that might just be the "idea" this show (Wreck It Ron) is going for.

Imho, they are really writing it that basically everyone is taking into account the person that Sonny murdered was a useless waste of space, which is why the majority doesn't seem to really care. Sonny is pretty much being given a "pass" by most because, in their eyes, losing A.J. just wasn't that big of a deal. 

The problem isn't that the whole thing is OOC, the problem is that's it's gross. It's so sad just how in character it is for basically everyone to think Sonny's a hero and a good father, while they chastise Michael for being upset that his father was murdered in cold blood

Bang spot on, that is the issue for me certainly. The town is acting totally in character when it comes to not only how they speak so poorly and disrespectfully and flippantly about A.J. but also how they nearly all pardon and forgive and ass kiss Sonny, which is the true issue that all this is centered on and it is a deplorable one.

I always knew A.J.'s death would come to mean nothing, not a damn thing, in the grand scheme of things, but not even I thought it'd be this bad. however I suppose that I just didn't give Ron enough "credit" to actually out "Guza" Robert "Bob" Guza.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 8

That Sam and Carly scene was very good for Carly. LW sold the "He is my son, my baby and I miss him". Now if only she'll let Michael see a little of that emotion, he might start thawing towards her. When they share scenes, she's judgmental and or combative instead. It doesn't help that she is standing next to Sonny in these scenes. She might not be against Michael but the boy doesn't know that. Her way of communicating with Michael sucks. Instead of whining, snarling or crying, she has to trying talking to him. An apology would be nice too. 

There was no way Sam was going to contradict anything Carly was saying in the state she was in.  She was just offering an ear, then a shoulder for Carly to cry on. It doesn't translate into her being team Sonny and Carly over Michael. Her first words when Carly said Michael was going for custody of Avery was that she couldn't imagine how much Michael was hurting. Oh, she did sprout nonsense about Sonny's parenthood but her first and foremost thought was concern for Michael. She may not be judging Sonny and Carly but her priority is Michael.

I tried to concentrate on Nik and Helena scenes to understand Nik's motive in keeping the Jakeson secret.  All I got was that to Nik $>>>> Common decency. It is that simple.

I didn't realize how much I miss Anna's wardrobe. 

Ned and Julian. I am surprise one of them didn't whip out their penis for good measure. Overgrown assholes, both of them. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

But you are so right, that Monica hasn't even yet been allowed a good rant over the sheer audacity that her son's cold blooded murderer (I first had mutterer and in Sonny's case that actually fits as well, heh) is now free and pardoned and allowed to go right ahead with his life and enjoy it while her son rots in the earth...I just can't, my blood pressure can't take it.

He also gets to stroll right into her house.  The audacity right there. 

Edited by ch1
  • Love 4

The head writer then was Guza, that's why I said Ron has basically left things as Bob fashioned them wherever Sonny's concerned.

Guza wrecked and ruined A.J. every chance he got, he not only had him seen as the Cain to Jason's Abel by his entire family, but then he had Jason team up right alongside Sonny and they both targeted A.J., stealing Michael away from him in the most cruel and unforgivable way possible.

Guza made A.J. the black sheep and Ron has just carried on that same twisted mentally, especially since Sean "insulted his honour" or whatever the hell he got his knickers in a twist about.

Even now though he is dead, murdered, most characters still find a way to insult and demean and accuse A.J. as if he was just the most disgusting guy around.

No one "wins" against Sonny, not really. You will either lose your life or lose your sanity, and some days I feel as if I'm in the latter category.

Taking this to the history thread.

It's so sad just how in character it is for basically everyone to think Sonny's a hero and a good father, while they chastise Michael for being upset that his father was murdered in cold blood

Not to mention hypocritical (I know, shocker right?) I mean, Carly still brings up the panic room*. Ric will always be the "freak who chained her to a panic room wall." But Michael isn't allowed to be upset that Sonny killed his father. 

*and thanks to the wonders of SORAS, that was --how ever many years Morgan is old-- ago.

• Love 7
I honestly don't know what Ron thinks the audience should do.

Worship Sonny, Carly, and Jason - and the associated lust for violence.  Appreciate his willingness to bring back a vet for an episode or two per year (e.g., Mac Scorpio).  Value his ability to juggle such a large cast.  Most importantly, be grateful that this soap is still alive.

• Love 3

I know Duke isn't really popular here and I understand Robert/Anna>>>>Duke/Anna but I think IB is a good actor and the short scene with Duke and Anna had 10827347298 times more chemistry than half the show "frenchfry" scene with that douche Sloane. Plus there is no way Anna eats that many carbs. That alone took me out of the whole scene not to mention that grease slick on cro-magnon's 5 head. The man is not attractive nor a good actor.

• Love 4

I mentioned this yesterday, but Sloane is a fail as both a foil for Anna AND a potential love interest.  I'm not happy she's going to be wasting all her time on him for the near future.

I was into Duke/Anna during the early days of this round (the scene where she finds the real him at the clinic and he's just transfixed that it's actually her was one of my favorites), but Duke needs to be taken down several thousands notches before I'd want Anna to waste her time on him either.

• Love 4
I mentioned this yesterday, but Sloane is a fail as both a foil for Anna AND a potential love interest.  I'm not happy she's going to be wasting all her time on him for the near future.

Another character that shouldn't have existed in the first place, let alone be recast. See also: Lauren.

• Love 2

Previews...so Liz clearly can see that Helena is hanging around Wyndemere and she's

still going to let Cameron go to a party there next week?

And Patrick is doing the same thing. Does Ron think that makes sense? Does he care?

I mean, to be fair, no one has actually chastised him about still being upset except Carly. Morgan has, but not to his face. Even Olivia didn't say he didn't have a right to be upset, just that she knew how he felt because she had to watch AJ walking around when she thought he killed Connie. 

My problem with it is that no one has ever once told Sonny or Carly that they were wrong or that their attitudes about what they did were wrong.  Instead, you have Bobbie and Lucas telling Michael to just get over it already and forgive Carly.  Hate on Sonny all you want, but Carly was innocent.  WTF?  Then you have the rest of the town only seeing Michael as being wrong or being shocked by his behavior.  I haven't seen a single person get in Sonny or Carly's face about their actions.  Not a one.  Instead of Bobbie or Lucas telling Michael to forgive Carly because she's so sad, how come Bobbie didn't call out her daughter on her actions?  I mean, when even Julian is on Team Sonny and chastising Michael for being so mean to Sonny (boo hoo), it makes my blood boil.

Can anyone name a single person who went up to Michael and empathized with him without an ulterior motive that resulted in championing either Sonny or Carly and asking him to forgive one or both of them?  I can't think of one single person.  Heck, even Ned and Michael aren't allowed to share scenes where Michael might actually get to talk about his feelings about AJ and becoming a Q.  It's like Ned and Michael (and even Tracy) live in separate wings of the Q mansion and are not allowed to speak of it.  When they do have scenes, it's about everything else except Michael, AJ, and becoming a Q.  Tracey and Michael talk about Fluke.  Ned and Tracey talk about Fluke.  Ned talks about Olivia.  Meanwhile, every conversation with the Corinthos clan and extended family is how mean and unreasonable Michael is being and heroic and wonderful Sonny is for saving everyone, and Michael is so ungrateful.  It's additionally infuriating when the audience knows that Michael did 95% of the saving.  He did all the heavy lifting, and he was inches from the water when Sonny showed up.  He didn't even need Sonny's help on the Haunted Star.  Yet you would think Sonny parted the ocean to allow all the survivors to safely pass to dry land.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 13