Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

how can Michael sue for custody of a baby is he not related to???

Avery is his niece or half-sister, depending on whether Morgan or Sonny is the father. He's related, just not that closely.

Franco/Kiki were so cheesy. But RH/KA did play it well. You could tell it was real for them. She really did grow up with him on screen.

It was still WTF, given they're had no story with each other for months.

• Love 3

Avery is his niece or half-sister, depending on whether Morgan or Sonny is the father. He's related, just not that closely.

He disowned the family though. And does the court recognize him through adoption? Was he ever formally adopted?

• Love 1

As much as the circumstances were gross, Sonny is Micheal's legal father, he was adopted, therefore Avery is every bit as much his sister as Morgan's or Dante's 

All this fuss with Michael "out to ruin" Sonny and it's pointless, and now Avery is stuck in the middle of more shitty Corinthos drama where she doesn't belong.

Because Ron could care less about things actually making sense. Plus this way Michael will make even more turn against him and side with Sonny and make Michael out to be the 'bad guy' is my guess. 

Yet Michael's the one who's been declaring now for months that they're not his family anymore and "dead to him" so supposedly he doesn't have any ties to her based on his own words and behaviour. He's had nothing to do with her since she was born even, he didn't even show much concern when she went missing after the Nina and the SERIAL KILLER took off with her.

But really all this won't matter in the end, imo, because as long as they keep giving Maurice incentive to sign on the dotted line Sonny will never "lose", not ever, Maurice has never played him as a loser and I don't see him suddenly willing to start now.

This will not end any differently than all the other times people have gone gunning for Sonny. And of course Carly will be smack dab in the middle, and so will Jakson one way or another.

Good god this year is already off to such a horrid start I just...can't.

And Sonny "swearing" that he'll be a better father now, as fucking if. At most he might remember Avery's name for a little while, like a week.

So Alexis is ready to date Julian yet again...not even going there. I know William and Nancy seem to enjoy one another's company like crazy but all this back and forth between their characters is beyond dumb ass at this point.

Since Olivia got pregnant on New Years' she'll surely be giving birth next month or so since Ron never seems to really care about any realism with pregnancies or births. At least she didn't beat around the bush, though I swear to god if they try and pretend this kid is Ned's instead...

Maxie and Spinelli just need to...go away. Harper was the only good thing about their scenes the other day. I guess Kirsten knew she could put her earrings back in though since her little girl wouldn't be able to grab on and yank at will, heh.

• Love 2

Eh, I'm all for Sonny losing. Go after his legit businesses, humiliate him, hang him on a meathook, etc. But don't use an innocent baby to satisfy your need for revenge, Michael. He doesn't even give a rat's ass about Avery. I wish Kiki had done it instead, but clearly she already lost the one braincell she had.

Morgan and Carly are going to be insufferable about this. Poor Sonny, the martyr. GROSS.

Can anyone name one aspect or storyline of this show that's being done well?

• Love 2

Poor Michael.  He is being AJ'd with a  vengeance. 

Although for me - I want him to destroy Sonny. Sonny does not deserve to live happily ever after with the kid he created on the grave of the man he murdered that he got to walk scot free from.  Nothing in this story is going to make me Team Sonny.  They could have Michael pull an AJ and kidnap the kid and tell her her parents don't love her and I would still be Team Michael.  I have a real dislike of unbalanced proppy writing.

I would love to know what CD thinks of this story.

• Love 18

Yet Michael's the one who's been declaring now for months that they're not his family anymore and "dead to him" so supposedly he doesn't have any ties to her based on his own words and behaviour. He's had nothing to do with her since she was born even, he didn't even show much concern when she went missing after the Nina and the SERIAL KILLER took off with her.

THIS.

He has no ties to the baby at all. Its makes no sense. He has been saying for months Sonny isn't his family. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 1
Yet Michael's the one who's been declaring now for months that they're not his family anymore and "dead to him"

Did anyone seriously think that would last? I'm not surprised Michael would pick and choose when it's convenient to be a Corinthos. That said, while I don't think Sonny and Carly should raise Avery, Michael shouldn't, either. He's a disaster in a different way.

Of course Sonny's idea of romance involves fake animal skin before a fire. He's pure seduction. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
Eh, I'm all for Sonny losing. Go after his legit businesses, humiliate him, hang him on a meathook, etc. But don't use an innocent baby to satisfy your need for revenge, Michael. He doesn't even give a rat's ass about Avery

Couldn't agree more. I dislike Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns, but that doesn't mean I am going to give Michael a pass for taking an innocent little girl and using her to get revenge on his most hated father person.

Michael couldn't even be bothered to get out of bed with Rosalie when Avery was missing, he basically wished her luck and went about rubbing it in Kiki's face that he'd just slept with another woman in 'their bed'.

I don't care who does it, using a baby to fuck with someone is shitty and wrong and inexcusable, especially when it has nothing to do with the baby's actual well being. Michael can hardly take care of himself, he has no business trying to raise a child.

Michael was on a perfectly acceptable track wanting to attack Sonny's businesses, but now he's targeting a baby who doesn't deserve to be involved in a tug of war battle between people with nary a one possessing any of the qualities necessary to be a good parent/s.

It'd be nice if during the custody battle the judge would declare them all unfit and hand Avery over to Lucas and Brad or something. 

Did anyone seriously think that would last? I'm not surprised Michael would pick and choose when it's convenient to be a Corinthos. That said, while I don't think Sonny and Carly should raise Avery, Michael shouldn't, either. He's a disaster in a different way.

Oh no I agree, heh, that was my point actually and that is why I think this new "plan of attack' Michael's come up with is really supposed to paint him as the "bad guy".

Because you have a kid who's been making sure everyone knows who is now "dead to him" and who's not shown an iota of interest in little Avery, and yet all of a sudden he wants to legally fight Sonny, a newly freed man and supposed "hero" about town, for his biological daughter.

I completely agree more that Michael isn't fit to raise that baby, especially since he isn't going after Avery to do what's best for her or even because he loves her. He doesn't even know her and if it weren't for the fact Sonny has her he probably still wouldn't be giving her a second thought.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

I liked Maxie's outfit and hair at first but now even I'm ready to spork my eyes out. 

Nathan and Spin both made me laugh (Nathan with his mapquest remark and Spin going " . . . yeah" when Maxie was talking about him speaking in iambic pentameter). Now I'm torn, just like Maxie! Seriously though, Nathan is gonna have to get used to this shit, this is mild for Maxie.

Damn it, Nathan and Dante sneak into the interrogation room and no Anna around?

Carly is the worst mother in the world. The world! Telling Michael he's not gonna get away with it? She is the worst! Seriously and I don't even think Carly is the devil incarnate. 

Team Mikey and all that when it comes to this custody battle but a) why not go after the businesses, that's a better idea and b) why is he telling freaking Sabrina all this and c) he still sounds kind of like a tool talking to himself. and also he has zero relation to Avery and it may even be more unbelievable than plastic masks.

poor Olivia.

Hey, remember when we all joked that Ron's idea of Fan February is Spencer? I mean we were all expecting him to show up but it still boggles my mind that Ron thinks giving Spencer to the people is fanservice.

I actually completely forgot about Kiki/Franco, which is weird because their goodbye scene took fooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. RoHo was just not good in that scene. I don't know. It felt hollow to me but maybe I just have a heart of stone.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

It was still WTF, given they're had no story with each other for months.

And, you know, his dialog to her about being his daughter and her being a hell-raiser and wanting him with her mother, who -- when it was good, it was great and when it wasn't, it was awful -- then freaking about about a father needing to be with his daughter... that was ALL about Todd, Blair and Starr. And that's got nothing to do with any of this shit. It was Ron and his meta crap trying to play the OLTL card AGAIN.

And also proving that his attempts to make them into completely new characters FAILED.

• Love 17

Eh, I'm all for Sonny losing. Go after his legit businesses, humiliate him, hang him on a meathook, etc. But don't use an innocent baby to satisfy your need for revenge, Michael. He doesn't even give a rat's ass about Avery

Anyone ever consider that Avery is Michael's form of meathook plain and simple? Make Sonny sign over his legal business for Avery.  And he has stated that he is concerned about Avery and that she should to be raised by any one other than Sonny.

• Love 11

He has no ties to the baby at all. Its makes no sense. He has been saying for months Sonny isn't his family.

Yes but he continued to acknowledge Dante as his Brother. Disowning one (or in this case two or three) bad apples does not cut you off from your whole family. Joss is still his sister, Dante his brother, Lulu his sister-in-law, Bobbie his grandmother, Lucas his uncle and on and on. Avery is his sister and frankly he is the best she can hope for right now

• Love 5
It'd be nice if during the custody battle the judge would declare them all unfit and hand Avery over to Lucas and Brad or something.

Mac.  Don't believe me:

Port Charles Ordinance § 801.03(d):  All minor female children without biological or adoptive parent or guardian present within city limits for a period of not less than two (2) weeks shall be deemed a ward of Malcolm "Mac" Spencer.

• Love 15

And, you know, his dialog to her about being his daughter and her being a hell-raiser and wanting him with her mother, who -- when it was good, it was great and when it wasn't, it was awful -- then freaking about about a father needing to be with his daughter... that was ALL about Todd, Blair and Starr. And that's got nothing to do with any of this shit. It was Ron and his meta crap trying to play the OLTL card AGAIN.

And also proving that his attempts to make them into completely new characters FAILED.

THIS!

And maaaybe, maaaybe this kind of thing would be forgivable if Kiki was going away permanently, but they recast/are going to try and keep making Kiki happen and I guarantee Franco and Kiki will never speak to each other again, which makes this whole thing just so eye-rolling.

• Love 9

I don't understand why Ron wants to make Michael look this heartless. Sonny is being fairly genuine at this moment and seems to honestly be trying to parent his child. Kiki was conflicted b/c she knew her mother wouldn't want Avery with Sonny, but she at least took a beat and in the end realized making Avery an object to fight over wasn't best for her sister. So instead of fighting with business or the law, Michael decides to use and innocent child whom he had never met as a pawn in his revenge plan. It seems like Michael has learn nothing from what happened to him as a child. Sonny and AJ using him as pawn in their fued wasn't good for him. Why would he put an innocent baby through that. And how is her adopted brother who renounced he is even a member of the family supposed to have any leg to stand on to gain custody?

Michael clearly looks very unsympathetic in this whole thing. Who exactly are his allies supposed to be?

It was Ron and his meta crap trying to play the OLTL card AGAIN.

Ugh, I KNOW. He's pathetic.

And how is her adopted brother

What difference does "adopted" make? He's her brother or uncle, full stop.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I dislike Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns, but that doesn't mean I am going to give Michael a pass for taking an innocent little girl and using her to get revenge on his most hated father person.

Same. I abhor Sonny, and I wish he would be volunteered as tribute with absolutely no weapons. But there is no way Michael is doing this for Avery. He wasn't even thinking about her until he heard Kiki call Alexis. It's completely all for revenge. Which Sonny deserves, but Avery doesn't.

• Love 3

Mac.  Don't believe me:

Port Charles Ordinance § 801.03(d):  All minor female children without biological or adoptive parent or guardian present within city limits for a period of not less than two (2) weeks shall be deemed a ward of Malcolm "Mac" Spencer.

Hee. Hey I'd be all for it. I mean she's pretty much screwed by DNA anyhow, she's the daughter of Sonny until someone finally admits to switching the results.

At least she'd be assured all the ribs she can eat. 

Michael clearly looks very unsympathetic in this whole thing. Who exactly are his allies supposed to be?

Well really at this point he has Sabrina and...Sabrina, however this could be how Ron intends to reintroduce Jakson back into Michael's life. He'll be on course to help Michael, not really knowing why he feels so damn close to the kid, and then the reveal will happen and everyone finds out that he's really Jason.

Then Michael will hear about how A.J. totally hired that doctor to try and murder Jason during that surgery and then Michael will realize all along that A.J. really was a fat slab of pathetic man meat and run and apologize to Sonny with Jason following behind to give his "real" brother an embrace, having brought Michael back to the side of his "true and only' father, the way things always were meant to be.

And now...I need to go and lie down.

B/c he had the whole production of drawing up papers to legally change his name back to Quartermaine so it seems like to the court it would be pretty clear he is renouncing his relationship to the Corinthos family. If he wasn't adopted he couldn't do that. He can't wash his hands of blood relation but he can wash his hands of non-blood relation. Being no blood relation to Avery would make a difference in court  because of the second part of the sentence you half quoted. Being her adopted brother who renounced the family. If he was her adopted brother it wouldn't make a difference but b/c he renounced ties to her family it does.

Ugh, I KNOW. He's pathetic.

It probably makes a difference in the eyes of the court though, especially when the brother in question has disavowed the parent he is related to the baby by.

• Love 2

He only changed his name. He didn't legally renounce all ties to Sonny.

Anyway, this is a soap. Ron will write this the way he wants to write this, no matter what he's written before.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I think you can legally change your name and it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you still have familial ties.  Look at all the people in Hollywood that legally changed their name - it doesn't mean they aren't still family.  Michael did not file papers to legally set aside the adoption (and can you even do that when the adopted person is legally an adult?) he just changed his name.

ETA:

Or what dubbel zout said.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 7

I don't understand why Ron wants to make Michael look this heartless. Sonny is being fairly genuine at this moment and seems to honestly be trying to parent his child.

Because he wants people to feel bad for Sonny, the man who murdered Michael's biological father in cold blood.

• Love 4

I think in court it would go to intent. A good attorney for Sonny would ask Michael about why he changed his name and it is clear his intent was to wash his hands of Sonny as any kind of father figure. If Sonny would leave something to Michael in his will Michael wouldn't accept it. I'm not sure as an adult Michael could do more to renounce the adoption than change his name.

I think you can legally change your name and it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you still have familial ties.  Look at all the people in Hollywood that legally changed their name - it doesn't mean they aren't still family.  Michael did not file papers to legally set aside the adoption (and can you even do that when the adopted person is legally an adult?) he just changed his name.

ETA:

Or what dubbel zout said.

no, he didn't legally renounce him, but he is going around town shouting at everyone that he hates him and only AJ was his real parent, so that will probably come up.

In my head, it is Dante, because he could probably put a stop to the whole thing by putting his own bid for custody, but since he won't be allowed to interfere in this story, he won't do that, but it's fun to fanwank it my way. :):):) (let's all laugh for a moment at imagining Morgan or Kristina trying to sue for custody . . . )

• Love 2

Poor Michael.  He is being AJ'd with a  vengeance. 

Although for me - I want him to destroy Sonny. Sonny does not deserve to live happily ever after with the kid he created on the grave of the man he murdered that he got to walk scot free from.  Nothing in this story is going to make me Team Sonny.  They could have Michael pull an AJ and kidnap the kid and tell her her parents don't love her and I would still be Team Michael.  I have a real dislike of unbalanced proppy writing.

I would love to know what CD thinks of this story.

Well at least Chad knows there are worst things, like having to play "Morgan", the kid so dumb the other characters are written to specifically point out just how very dumb he is. .

But I agree that he is really getting ramrodded like he is A,J's son for the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they have him start drinking.

• Love 2

Because he wants people to feel bad for Sonny, the man who murdered Michael's biological father in cold blood.

I certainely don't have any sympathy for sonny maybe if everyone would stop telling me what a freakin hero that sonny was and started treating him like the scum he was.

• Love 7

Anyone ever consider that Avery is Michael's form of meathook plain and simple? Make Sonny sign over his legal business for Avery.  And he has stated that he is concerned about Avery and that she should to be raised by any one other than Sonny.

This is the only option that would make Michael look halfway decent. I wouldn't mind Michael going after Sonny's business and using Avery as leverage would really be a test to Sonny to prove if he really does want to be a good father and put his child over his business. The big flaw in Michael going after the Coffee business is he forgets that Sonny build that business "from the ground up". The reason Sonny is a mob boss is b/c Sonny is smart and capable. Lossing his business to Michael would be a blow but someone who has made something from nothing knows he can do it again if he had to.

I'm sorry, but this baby's last name is Jerome, show. Ava and Sonny were not married, not even close.

So Ron tweeted that originally, those Kiki scenes with Franco were to be with Morgan. So I guess he was the one that was supposed to talk her out of suing for custody.

• Love 3

If Ron still did episode titles today's would be "I'll see you on Judge Judy"? (Not that my Judy would want any part of this, but y'know Ron loves his references...) Even my mother was asking me if they'll be sued. I know they won't be but it would be great for someone to try to make Ron pay for this crap.

What the hell was that on Sonnys floor? Something Duke killed before stores existed?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

I never understood the whole adopted/biological thing, my understanding is that a court never again looks at an adopted child as anything but equal in all ways with a biological child. Michael renounced Sonny as a bad Father, so therefore as Avery's brother  he has every legal right to try to keep her away from their father.

Let's say Sonny was a pedophile (and he is BTW Karen was underage and the whole thing with Emily was just gross) and Michael changed his name to Quartermain and renounced Sonny as his father, he then could step in to protect his underage sister from Sonny and no one would object

In Micheal's mind this is exactly what he is doing. 

• Love 11

Lossing his business to Michael would be a blow but someone who has made something from nothing knows he can do it again if he had to.

Realistically (I know, I know), Sonny has enemies now that he didn't have 20 years ago who would be all over him the minute he was so weakened. Plus, Sonny is a lot older now. I don't see him having the same drive and ambition that he had when he was young.

So Ron tweeted that originally, those Kiki scenes with Franco were to be with Morgan. So I guess he was the one that was supposed to talk her out of suing for custody.

That would have made way more sense.

• Love 2

I haven't seen today's show yet, but I'm not sure why "these people are so awful that I wish to not recognize them as my parents and I'm going to change my name to reflect that" would conflict with "I don't want my poor sister to be raised by the same awful people that I believe shouldn't have been allowed to raise me."

• Love 17

If Ron still did episode titles today's would be "I'll see you on Judge Judy"? (Not that my Judy would want any part of this, but y'know Ron loves his references...) Even my mother was asking me if they'll be sued.

What the hell was that on Sonnys floor? Something Duke killed before stores existed?

Graciella gave up trying to clean up the many, many blood stains on the carpet?

Let's say Sonny was a pedophile (and he is BTW Karen was underage and the whole thing with Emily was just gross) and Michael changed his name to Quartermain and renounced Sonny as his father, he then could step in to protect his underage sister from Sonny and no one would objectIn Micheal's mind this is exactly what he is doing.

I don't think Michael is the ev0l for this or anything, but I don't think he's doing this to protect Avery at all. Maybe that is like reason #10. Cause if it were, he would be working with Kiki on this. (Who knows, maybe he will.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I never understood the whole adopted/biological thing, my understanding is that a court never again looks at an adopted child as anything but equal in all ways with a biological child. Michael renounced Sonny as a bad Father, so therefore as Avery's brother  he has every legal right to try to keep her away from their father.

Let's say Sonny was a pedophile (and he is BTW Karen was underage and the whole thing with Emily was just gross) and Michael changed his name to Quartermain and renounced Sonny as his father, he then could step in to protect his underage sister from Sonny and no one would object

In Micheal's mind this is exactly what he is doing. 

I don't quite think that is the same thing b/c if someone was a pedophile ANYONE could come in and try to protect a child from that. Sonny isn't a danger to Avery in that way.

I haven't seen today's show yet, but I'm not sure why "these people are so awful that I wish to not recognize them as my parents and I'm going to change my name to reflect that" would conflict with "I don't want my poor sister to be raised by the same awful people that I believe shouldn't have been allowed to raise me."

That might be believable if Michael had treated Avery like his sister. What had come across on screen is that he didn't consider Avery his sister(never saw her, never mentioned her, never seemed to care she was kidnapped) and now sees her as leverage to use in his angry vendetta against Sonny. It comes across as he sees her as a thing not a person.

This is the only option that would make Michael look halfway decent. I wouldn't mind Michael going after Sonny's business and using Avery as leverage would really be a test to Sonny to prove if he really does want to be a good father and put his child over his business. The big flaw in Michael going after the Coffee business is he forgets that Sonny build that business "from the ground up". The reason Sonny is a mob boss is b/c Sonny is smart and capable. Lossing his business to Michael would be a blow but someone who has made something from nothing knows he can do it again if he had to.

Oh please , but the person(s) that built up that company are dead, the accountant who basically ran it was murdered by Faison and Jason ran the other part.  Sonny only thinks with his other head. And Jason ran the mob part, the other mobs knew it.  Sonny can't even dial 911 or find freaking towels on his own.  Jason was the respected mobster known for his cool head and  keeping his word. Not Sonny.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 8

Because he's shown absolutely zero interest in Avery thus far. He refused to even hold her. He didn't care that she was kidnapped, basically he was like, "good luck with that". So all of this sudden interest in her well-being seems pretty dishonest.

• Love 2

So, what, RoHo went waaaayyyy off script?  Cause I was clearly seeing the end of Todd and Starr (for the extent that I watched) in those scenes.  And even from the recap I read, Todd reacting to a father losing custody of his child...where in the hell was Morgan supposed to figure in?  Or was this planned out before Uncle Frankie lowballed KA out of the role?

I loved hearing Sonny say "Michael Quatermaine".

I really hope PP's lawyers caught those Todd/Starr scenes.

Did Uncle Frank run out of lighting budget? The episode was really dark. I could barely see what was going on in Greyskull and the Q manse.

You guys, please don't throw hot fondue on me or shoot me with a polonium-210 laced bullet, but I think I might be into S&M . . . Sabrina & Michael that is.

I hope Nathan asks Mama O to dispose of Spinbitch.

• Love 10

Sonny isn't a danger to Avery in that way.

No, but he is still a danger to her, and all of Sonny's kids are going to have to testify to that:

Morgan: "Did your father shoot your Mother while she was giving birth to you?"    "Yes"

Dante: "Did your father shoot you point blank in the chest?"  "It was an accident." "In the chest an accident? Really Officer?" "Well......"

Kristina "Did your father attempt to blow up a car you were riding in?"   "Yes"

Michael "Did Sonny's act ivies result in your being in a coma?"  "Yes"  "and raped in prison?"  "Yes" "and he killed your biological father correct?"  "Yes"

Sorry Sonny is a danger to that kid.

• Love 22

They rewrote the scenes once KA announced she was leaving. But I could very much see Morgan saying the line about how a father shouldn't be separated from his daughter. Hopefully, that will come back into play once it's revealed he's the real dad. #denial

You guys, please don't throw hot fondue on me or shoot me with a polonium-210 laced bullet, but I think I might be into S&M . . . Sabrina & Michael that is.

Hah, S&M! Talk about two characters least likely to live up to their smush name ever.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6