Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I thought the look on Chad Duell's face at the end was great - he is just a lost boy. I hope he tears Carly and dumbass Kiki apart. I can't wait for the inevitable scene where Kiki whines and moans at Franco for betraying her confidence. Please let this be the end of them. This is what I've wanted Michael to do to Carly and Sonny for years and years and years, and I think CD has it in him. Most of his material since RC took over has just been rote soap hunk stuff.

I also thought Finola and Ian Buchanan's scene was awfully good. Very subtle and careful, but their tone and delivery and their eyes said it all - along with Duke's very nasty "don't work so hard." He's resented her not putting away Julian all these months and has justified his usual bullshit with that. He can go. Sorry, Ian Buchanan, I love you! (Incidentally, Finola brings Maurice Benard's game up every time - they were great last week - and I hope Anna does get to cuff him for this.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I thought the look on Chad Duell's face at the end was great - he is just a lost boy. I hope he tears Carly and dumbass Kiki apart. I can't wait for the inevitable scene where Kiki whines and moans at Franco for betraying her confidence. Please let this be the end of them. This is what I've wanted Michael to do to Carly and Sonny for years and years and years, and I think CD has it in him. Most of his material since RC took over has just been rote soap hunk stuff.

It needs to happen. Soaps pull the 'and everything changes forever!' bullshit all the time with no real follow through. This is the kind of shake up that works.

I will admit that there is a certain amount of fear that if they do follow through with this... it means that Jason will remember his Jason Q days and be horrified at his Jason Morgan days and he and Mike will rebond over their complete disgust at all things Sonny and Carly... because if there's one bond that cannot be broken, it's the one between Michael and the dude who facilitated all of this crap in the first place.

I still hate Jason. Not sorry.

• Love 10

I despise Franco with the heat of a thousand suns, but I hate Sonny even more for even longer, so I was perfectly happy with the reveal.  I would have preferred someone other than idiot Franco to do it, but everyone else in town, other than Anna, kisses Sonny's ass and absolves him of all his transgressions, so it had to be someone like Franco who did it. 

This is where I'm at. Franco is horrendous and I hate him, but the wretched Carly and the mumbling mini-moobster have far, far longer seniority on my hate roster.  I've been waiting for them to fry for much, much longer, so whoever gets to have at them can go to town as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by stacey
Inappropriate nickname
  • Love 11

Today was a nice, short episode with a ff through everything except the reveal. The glorious reveal! Carly, you are now free to be with the moobster because it's just going to be the two of you after this. You can have conjugal visits while Sonny is hyperventilating in jail (of course he won't be in there too long but I just want Michael to disown both of them). I guess the moral of the story is not to piss off a serial killer.

Liz is seriously taking home Jake? Barf. More to ff. She should focus on her own children.

The Ava stuff is just gross, even while watching her try to escape on FF. Victimizing a pregnant lady? I wonder how Nina will get away with this.

• Love 2

I honestly can't remember at this point, this shit has been going on so long - does Kiki know Sonny killed A.J.? That little bitch sure was trying to hustle him out of there fast when that came up. I know she knew something, but it's been weeks of stalls and roundabouts and honestly I cannot recall.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

This is where I'm at. Franco is horrendous and I hate him, but the wretched Carly and the mumbling mini-moobster have far, far longer seniority on my hate roster.  I've been waiting for them to fry for much, much longer, so whoever gets to have at them can go to town as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, admittedly, I was on a multi-year stint on the barge during Franco 1.0; but this was some seriously satisfying s$@t. My hatred for those two spans decades.

Edited by stacey
  • Love 4

It needs to happen. Soaps pull the 'and everything changes forever!' bullshit all the time with no real follow through. This is the kind of shake up that works.

I will admit that there is a certain amount of fear that if they do follow through with this... it means that Jason will remember his Jason Q days and be horrified at his Jason Morgan days and he and Mike will rebond over their complete disgust at all things Sonny and Carly... because if there's one bond that cannot be broken, it's the one between Michael and the dude who facilitated all of this crap in the first place.

Amen. I have no interest in Jason lording it over Sonny and Carly. That's the one person I don't need being horrified at their deeds. Honestly, imo, he enjoyed Carly and Sonny being trainwrecks because it made him feel superior.

In other news, they're saying at DD that Kelly Thiebault is on recurring now. I believe it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Thank you, Jesus! She's been recurring (at best) in my heart all this time.

I think Jason Morgan did enjoy feeling morally superior, though he'd never admit it. I'm not sure this Jason does or would. We'll have to see who he is. If he's more of the same, fuck it. I don't expect him to burn Sonny and Carly and leave them bleeding on the street, but I want something rough.

I have watched every day but I honestly do not remember when or how Kiki found out about Sonny and A.J. This whole show is a Mobius loop of stalls and bullshit.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I loved the reveal today, largely because it wasn't interrupted. Meaning everything was revealed. Thank goodness. I was expecting maybe just the affair would come out and we'd be waiting for months for the rest to drop. I thought all of the actors did really good work: Franco's sarcasm (Sonny's pepperoni hee), Carly's shock and fear, Michael's disgust and growing anger ( though KA sucked as usual. I don't know why it's so hard for her to react appropriately).

That being said I hated having Franco be the one  to drop the  boom. I absolutely cannot stand Sonny and am not exactly a fan of Carly either (sorry but she doesn't bug me nearly as much as Sonny), but Franco is a SERIAL KILLER. I don't care that his black heart was allegedly hurt by  Carly cheating. I don't care that these secrets needed to be told. None of it had  to come from that character. I  would have preferred just about anyone else.

Dare I hope there is some fall out for Bobbie lying to Scott?

Fall out for what? For Bobbie standing by her sickening daughter when Scott's son is a SERIAL KILLER? Scott doesn't care about Franco at all, so any story in which he gets pissy about this is stupid. Plus, wasn't Scott himself boinking a married woman just a few months ago?

Anna was great today. Dump Duke Anna! Dump him hard

I do want her to dump him for sure, but I really liked their scenes today. Both actors sold the material. Duke is a dumbass for sure, but for some reason I like him and I wish he would stop defending that greasy moobster.

God bless Joss for wanting to kick Franco.  She surprisingly became the bright spot in this story

She was awesome. Right up until RC had to go back to the corn well again. He is such an ass.

I don't even know what to say about the Ava/Nina stuff. The storyline is terrible for one. I think MW is doing a great job and MS is doing an absolutely horrible job. I know Ava is a mobster. I know she killed Connie. I know all of these things. None of that justifies having The Nina do this to her. Sorry but I just can't with this crap. Also what does The Nina think she's going to do with this baby? Like no one will remember she wasn't pregnant and everyone will forget Ava was?!?

One last thing: every time Franco stopped the video the looks on Sonny's face were hilarious! I was dying.

• Love 8

I was annoyed with Scott trying to be all "My Son! My Son!" Shut up, Brillohead! No one buys that relationship.

I really hope this whole Nina/baby thing is a fakeout, because it defies logic what Nina plans to do if she pulls this off. Let's see, Ava loses her baby or dies or goes in a coma and... Nina turns up with a baby? Really? Nobody's gonna see through that? Okay.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I think Jason Morgan did enjoy feeling morally superior, though he'd never admit it. I'm not sure this Jason does or would. We'll have to see who he is. If he's more of the same, fuck it. I don't expect him to burn Sonny and Carly and leave them bleeding on the street, but I want something rough.

I have watched every day but I honestly do not remember when or how Kiki found out about Sonny and A.J. This whole show is a Mobius loop of stalls and bullshit.

I don't know how Jason could make Sonny feel bad at this point, nothing makes him feel bad for more than 5 seconds. However, with Carly, all he has to tell her is it wasn't honor or duty or Robin or Sam or anything else that made him pass her over romantically. He just wasn't that into her.

Ava told her and Morgan. And for once, finally, Kiki wanted to tell Michael but Morgan convinced her not to. I'm sure she'll mention that, as if it mattered.

• Love 2

I was annoyed with Scott trying to be all "My Son! My Son!" Shut up, Brillohead! No one buys that relationship.

I really hope this whole Nina/baby thing is a fakeout, because it defies logic what Nina plans to do if she pulls this off. Let's see, Ava loses her baby or dies or goes in a coma and... Nina turns up with a baby? Really? Nobody's gonna see through that? Okay.

Not true! Ron must think it's a smashing success. The man has an ego the size of Texas.

I also love how Donna Mills just keeps loitering around the fucking hospital sets playing Michelle Stafford's latest henchwoman. It is awful and so wasteful of her. I liked when people kept coming in and out of that office for days on end. "Oh, Magda, zhou are still here?" "Of course I am, this is the only day I taped, this set is the one that's up and Frank is getting his money's worth."

• Love 2

Especially a baby whose nose sticks out of its blankets, heh.

• Love 1

Well if Sonny doesn't go to jail after the DA (Scott is still the DA isn't he?) hears him confess to murder on tape, then I will have to quit this show.

Of course, the best part of Sonny in prison is that you know Johnny and his guys are running things at Pentonville. (BB you are missed!)

As satisfying as it is to see Carly's comeuppance- it better also come with some time behind bars.

• Love 6

In other news, they're saying at DD that Kelly Thiebaud is on recurring now. I believe it.

I acknowledge I am in the minority, but if true...boooooooo.  But I can't say I'm exactly shocked.  Obrecht's all about Nathan now and there's a ticking clock on Britt and Nikolas.  Can my consolation prize be Sabrina and Felix getting the boot too?

• Love 5

I have begun to legit wonder about Sabrina finally getting it these last couple months. But then, I've wondered before. Same goes for Silas, Franco, Kiki, etc. I think Sabrina and Britt are both more likely to go now than the dread trio. I do wonder when Ron finally gave up.

Edited by jsbt

There is really no suitable punishment that Sonny and Carly can face on this show.

They can't just go away to prison, they're lead characters they will have to be able to roam free and terrorize as usual. And they also can't die, which to me is what they've deserved for years, but again because they're leads and the actors aren't leaving, sadly, they have to live to continue to roam free and terrorize.

This is partly why I have such an issue with this whole mess of a storyline because those at the very center are too big to kill off or imprison so pretty much they will have to be given a free pass.  AJ truly died for absolutely no good reason, his killer is not going to pay his just dues in any capacity, and those who covered up his murder pretty much will get yelled at some for a few days.

Sure they might lose Michael's affections but to me that is hardly worth the price of admission. It's all just so...pointless. I lost AJ so people could bitch and rail at Sonny and Carly during Sweeps month...my brain has officially melted, I swear to god.

• Love 6

Ugh, please, no more Rosalie. She can go in the Ron Carlivati ADD Dustbin with the others on the block, since she clearly sprung up overnight after they watched the actress with Stafford.

• Love 2

I have begun to legit wonder about Sabrina finally getting it these last couple months. But then, I've wondered before. Same goes for Silas, Franco, Kiki, etc. I think Sabrina and Britt are both more likely to go now than the dread trio. I do wonder when Ron finally gave up.

I do think they might have let her go during her maternity leave if they weren't maybe worried about being sued? Maybe. It's not like Valentini isn't ruthless about this stuff most of the time. And I think he gave up around January. I don't think blanket baby was about anything other than emmy bait.

• Love 1

Michael's face at the end was great. Scorched!Earth!Michael, please! And then Banging-Rosalie-To-Ease-His-Pain (it's a family trait) Michael.

YES! I am all about this. Michael better go full on crazy and just eviscerate everyone and then fuck Rosalie or else this whole thing really was pointless for me.

I think CD could pull off Scorched!Earth!Michael, I really do. Now, the Banging-Rosalie-To-Ease-His-Pain Michael might not work with him, but I hope they try it anyway!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Ugh, please, no more Rosalie. She can go in the Ron Carlivati ADD Dustbin with the others on the block, since she clearly sprung up overnight after they watched the actress with Stafford.

And I know exactly what Ron would do.  Michael starts fucking Rosalie, but Rosalie is hiding her BIG DARK SUPER SEKRIT from him.  Kiki finds out, blows up her spot (because if someone's going to lie to Michael, it's going to be his friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiend Kiki), and then Michael will have to fight Morgan to get Kiki back.  No no no HATE.

• Love 1

I do think they might have let her go during her maternity leave if they weren't maybe worried about being sued? Maybe. It's not like Valentini isn't ruthless about this stuff most of the time. And I think he gave up around January. I don't think blanket baby was about anything other than emmy bait.

I don't know, he seemed so committed about that dreck at the Nurses Ball in print. "I cried so hard for Sabrina!" I think he may have had something more in mind for her and/or Carlos and the baby, but for whatever reason (probably Stafford and Billy Miller) they scuttled it all and lost interest. See also: Over half the cast.

I think Michael and Rosalie have anti-chemistry, and she just seems to try so hard with everything. A little of her went a long way fast.

Edited by jsbt

It would be kind of fun if Michael stormed into Anna's office and just unloaded every shady thing he ever overheard Sonny and/or Jason say around him, from childhood on up.  "So just in case you people somehow screw this up and can't put Sonny away for my REAL father's murder, here's a bunch of other stuff that you might want to nail him for!" 

It's just a whole bunch of shit-ass people doing shit-ass things and lying to everyone about it.

This is my problem with much of the show right now.  They should just call it "General Kidnapping and Shit-Ass People" and be done with it.  Because it's really not General Hospital any more, most of the time. 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7

I still half-suspect they will kill her to give Kathleen Gati yet another potential Emmy showcase, perhaps with a tearful lullaby over the body.* And Liz, Felix, etc. standing around saying "I sure do hate Chief Obrecht, but no one deserves this." You hear that, audience? No one! Remember, Heather's father abandoned her!

*I'm fine with killing Britt tomorrow, just to be clear.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

*I'm fine with killing Britt tomorrow, just to be clear.

jsbt, you don't like Britt?  This is the first I'm hearing of it. ;)

I guess my question then would be...what about Nikolas?  I don't think Tyler Christopher's going anywhere and Liz is tied up with Jake(son) for a while.  Ew, he better not his his SWSNBN wish.

• Love 2

jsbt, you don't like Britt?  This is the first I'm hearing of it. ;)

I hide it well.

Who knows with Nikolas? I honestly think they've been bored with him since almost the start of his return, too. He's just another hapless dick that needs to service a story or two.

• Love 2

I'm glad the AJ reveal actually happened, but I wish Franco realized that no one gave a rats ass about him being cheated on. No one cares, Franco, because they don't like you, so just get straight to the good stuff. Also, RH needs to cut down on the clownish, "I'm being so naughty", mustache twirling thing. Once upon a time he could be really actually scary. Now he just resembles a bitter, rejected teenager.

Carly now looks like even more of an idiot because she was set to marry the dude (for reasons I'm still not completely sure off). Did Carly used to be this stupid? I'm a fairly recent viewer, which is why I'm asking. From all accounts, it didn't used to be that way. Was she not to be a schemer of sorts? I started watching bacj in 2012 and  was kind of aghast when she started dating Todd, a known gang rapist, no questions asked.

I hope Michael goes apeshit, I really do. And I especially hope this hasn't all blown over by the spring. A darker, vengefull Michael would be interesting , though I'm not sure if CD could pull it off.

Anna-Duke scenes were good. And while I know Anna should dump his ass, the scene today was so subtle yet filled with emotion, it made me sad for the couple. Duke's "Don't work so much" was cruel and delivered impeccably. Some actual good drama there, did the writers have a brainfart and actually deliver something of substance?

Liz-Jakeson scenes were beyond stupid and slowed everything else down.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3

Yeah, I've thought for a while they'll probably kill Britt off for some emmy bait for Kathleen Gait. But must we sit through Nikolas finding out about Britt's lies yet again? It's so pointless. But, oh, oh God. I just realized if Britt gets killed off we'll have scenes of Spencer being sad. "Bwitt! Bwitt! She wo like a muvver to me!"

I know, I just made fun of a kid's speech. I'M SORRY. It's not his fault but the writers for giving the poor kid pages of dialogue.

I don't think Courtney will come back. I still think they're holding onto Nik for a possible Stefan return. And I'm sure we'll actually be forced to get full blown Niz at some point.

And I know exactly what Ron would do.  Michael starts fucking Rosalie, but Rosalie is hiding her BIG DARK SUPER SEKRIT from him.  Kiki finds out, blows up her spot (because if someone's going to lie to Michael, it's going to be his friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiend Kiki), and then Michael will have to fight Morgan to get Kiki back.  No no no HATE.

Or maybe Kiki will be the one all those "Dante will cheat" anvils we got a couple of months ago were about D:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Amen. If this 3.7 version of Jason is meant to "endear" me to the character Ron has struck out yet again.

I get this is how Billy acts, or likes to act should I say, but the smugness, the smirks and know it all expressions are too much, it's as if he has no memory but he's thoroughly convinced his shit doesn't stink, I can't stand that.

Jason has always been the "good" one, whether he was a Q or a Morgan, and this guy seems a blend of both and I just want him gone. Jason was better off dead and nothing that has happened since Jakson showed up has convinced me otherwise.

Liz has lost her damn mind and he's too busy catching up on MTV to behave like an actual human being.

Nope, I am not a fan.

• Love 4

"Bwitt! Bwitt! She wo like a muvver to me!"

Brilliant!

Or maybe Kiki will be the one all those "Dante will cheat" anvils we got a couple of months ago were about D:

This is so bad that I wanna see it just because like it's a whole other level of awful that I am intrigued by.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Yeah, I've thought for a while they'll probably kill Britt off for some emmy bait for Kathleen Gait. But must we sit through Nikolas finding out about Britt's lies yet again? It's so pointless. But, oh, oh God. I just realized if Britt gets killed off we'll have scenes of Spencer being sad. "Bwitt! Bwitt! She wo like a muvver to me!"

I know, I just made fun of a kid's speech. I'M SORRY. It's not his fault but the writers for giving the poor kid pages of dialogue.

We were all thinking it. I'm sure Frank is prepping our young Spencer for the scenes as we speak. The poor kid can barely deliver all the florid speeches they give him, so I'm thinking crying will be a stretch but that's never stopped these guys from overburdening actors of all age and range with stuff they cannot perform.

I think they will play out Niz, but I don't think they care about Nikolas beyond a vehicle for maybe Stefan or a Lucky return. So how long can they keep this going if they put the former off perpetually, or if JJ can't return?

• Love 2

I seriously think JJ might stop by during the summer to promote his album/show. I've been thinking that. So I think Cartini would just kill off Dikolas and stick Spencer with Liz to raise. Or Lulu/Dante. Haha second kid. Then they get the Cassadine castle and the second kid. Poor Dante. I also think Britt will be killed off. The actress isn't bad. I can see another show picking her up. I think Sabrina isn't far behind. Felix might stay for a tad. But if I had to guess the next departures, I'd say in no particular order:

Britt, Nik, Sabrina, Duke, Epiphany, Milo, Max, and Luke.

Carly now looks like even more of an idiot because she was set to marry the dude (for reasons I'm still not completely sure off). Did Carly used to be this stupid? I'm a fairly recent viewer, which is why I'm asking. From all accounts, it didn't used to be that way. Was she not to be a schemer of sorts? I started watching bacj in 2012 and  was kind of aghast when she started dating Todd, a known gang rapist, no questions asked.

Look, it's been 15 years since I found Carly remotely interesting as a character so this is all coming from a place of hate:

No, she wasn't this fucking stupid. But this is what Ron does. He writes characters egregiously out of character in order to suit his plot point agenda nonsense. (Carly and Todd did not make any sense given who those characters are but I've already written plenty about that.)

Carly with Franco from jump was nonsense. Nonsense!! I fucking loathe Carly and yet I'm going 'She never would have done this. NEVER!' Carly wouldn't have even pretended to like or love Franco even to get the goods on him... she loathed and feared him that much.

So this whole scenario? Ri-god-damn-diculous. Basically Ron wrote Carly as dousing herself in gasoline, climbing on top of a pile of dry kindling and handing Franco a lit torch. And even though her hopefully finally losing the love and respect of her son happens... the execution of it is flat out stupid. This should have come through AJ... not even AJ being vindictive but just being honest, the way it was being portrayed when AJ was on the show. AJ getting to tell his side of the story finally and Michael listening and putting the pieces together and realizing just what Carly, Jason and Sonny had robbed him of.

But instead it comes through Franco. RoHo's Franco who is just a garbage character and a means of Ron writing RoHo doing his RoHo thing which is quite tedious when it's not backed up by story and a fucking effort on his part every now and again. Howarth can do this sort of scene in his sleep. This isn't a challenge for him by any stretch.

I still hope it drives a serious and long lasting wedge between Michael and the garbage that teamed up to raise him.

• Love 20

I just think, if she truly believes Obrecht is targeting Jake(son) to get to Liz, she should, you know, back off of Jake(son).

Then she wouldn't be a soap character.   

Seriously, though, I love how Dr. O is ready to give the patient a boot because he A) made fun of her, and B) is friendly with the nurse she doesn't like, and somehow Liz is just the worst for pushing back on that.  I'd pay good money for Ron to kill off the whole O clan in one swoop.  Sorry, Nathan, I know it's not your fault, but your family fucking sucks, and I'm beyond sick of every single thing about them.  

I blame myself for firing up this episode while I eat dinner.  Nothing is worse than having food in your mouth and looking up to that freeze frame of the Moobster, in all his moob-y glory.  Nothing. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

Today was really good, sans Jake and Liz

Everything that happened at the wedding was great, and Franco is such a bastard.  I am loving how RH is finally playing Franco true to character, but I hate how Franco has targeted and hurt Michael again.  Franco was angry with Jason, and so he targeted Michael.  Now Franco is angry with Carly, and he's targeting Michael.  The entire wedding was designed to hurt Michael, and through him, devastate Carly.  I thought CD's face at the very end when Sonny admits to shooting AJ was pitch perfect.  It was absolute stunned shock and horror.  Tomorrow looks fantastic.  

The juxtaposition of having Michael learning the truth at the same time Sonny believes that Franco is dead, and the threat neutralized was really good.  Sonny has no idea the storm that's heading his way.  Anna is more suspicious than ever, and you know she and Duke are over now.  I can't wait for Michael and Kiki to be over, and how great was it that Franco threw Kiki under the bus too.  "See Kiki, he's not a good guy."  Her smugness that she was right about how great Franco is got wiped right off her face today.

I have to say that I do enjoy Silas and Madeline.  I like Silas when he's on a mission and not being all pensive and moody.  I enjoyed all the give and take between Silas and Magda.

I can't take too much of Nina, and her tormenting Ava's baby was a bit much for me.  The worst part of the episode was Jake and Liz.  The jokester "Jakeson" is beyond annoying at this point, and now Liz is moving Jake into her place, a guy she doesn't know?  She barely knows the guy, and she's going to move him into her home with her two boys?  That's incredibly dumb.

Apart from Jake and Liz and crazy Nina, I really enjoyed today's episode.  It's finally happening.  

• Love 1

I seriously think JJ might stop by during the summer to promote his album/show. I've been thinking that. So I think Cartini would just kill off Dikolas and stick Spencer with Liz to raise. Or Lulu/Dante. Haha second kid. Then they get the Cassadine castle and the second kid. Poor Dante. I also think Britt will be killed off. The actress isn't bad. I can see another show picking her up. I think Sabrina isn't far behind. Felix might stay for a tad. But if I had to guess the next departures, I'd say in no particular order:

Britt, Nik, Sabrina, Duke, Epiphany, Milo, Max, and Luke.

Milo is barely on, probably being paid with monopoly money, and Ron seems to think he is super hot. If anything, they'll probably put him on contract next. (okay, not really. But he's not going anywhere. If an "actor" who is on 5 episodes a year can be counted on as "leaving" if he never appeared again.) Same with Milo, although they should just kill him off, because if he doesn't die of this gunshot wound it's gonna seem ridiculous the next time Ron has him shot. Duke and Sabrina I definitely think are possibilities. Luke, I'm hoping, because do they really want to give Tony Geary anything major again when his health is probably still pretty precarious? But who knows. I do hope at least they don't give him anything major again if he's planning on staying.

• Love 1