Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Not much to comment on, especially from Friday which was boring as hell. I completely agree that Nina seemed gross and rapey. Oh Ron, you just can't help yourself, can you? Blech. Gross.

Thursday was better, but that's not saying much. Always love seeing Ava/Morgan though and liked her threatening to end Rosalie, who's pointless.

I have no great love for Madeline, but I thought Donna Mills looked pretty good.

I can't comment on anything else since I don't remember what happened. The best thing about this week was no damn Kiki. She and her giant head have been a welcome absence.

• Love 1
It doesn't help that she's BSC and we don't know where Silas is in any of this. Does he want to sleep with her at all?​

That is an excellent point.  I hadn't realized it until you pointed it out, but we don't have any sense at all about what Silas' viewpoint in all this is, do we?  Sure, we saw him seem a little suspicious about Nina when he was on the phone with Sam, but other than that, we have no idea what he thinks about Nina, how he feels about having sex with her.  I suppose that's bound to happen when you have a character who only ever really interacts with one other character.  For a while, Silas only really talked to Sam, but lately he's only had significant scenes with Nina, and so we don't get know how he actually feels about Nina.  Sure would be nice if people on this show had friends...

• Love 2

Sure would be nice if people on this show had friends...

Oh, come on Turtle, there are lots of friends on GH; Morgan and Kiki, Franco and Nina, Felix and Sabrina, Britt and Brad, Patrick and Sam's boobs; Carly and Sonny's penis, Ron and Spencer, etc.  Now doesn't that sound like Must See TV?

• Love 8

In my eyes, Silas is clearly being guilt-tripped by Nina and Rosalie, right down to having sex with Nina. He feels bad. That's why he does it. There is no indication that he enjoys Nina in that way.

Some think ME is checked out, but I think he's been playing Silas the way he should be played. He feels obligated to Nina but does not have any feelings for her.

Unfortunately for Silas, the writing still shows that he's in love with Sam. And just because he didn't believe that Nina was crazy psycho doesn't change that.

• Love 2

In my eyes, Silas is clearly being guilt-tripped by Nina and Rosalie, right down to having sex with Nina. He feels bad. That's why he does it. There is no indication that he enjoys Nina in that way.

I agree, at least in the sense that if I had to guess this would be my best guess as to what we were supposed to think was going on, but also agree this could be spelled out more explicitly.  Also, I really, really, really wish they hadn't had sex if this is what they were going for.  Obligation sex with someone you're not interested in, who is lying to you in a pretty major way, and who has already tried to drug you into having sex with her feels rape-y to me.  I'd feel less gross about the whole thing if I had the sense SIlas was attracted to Nina at all or even just torn by happy memories of her, but I'm not seeing that on the screen. 

You may be right, it may be that ME is actually just playing what Silas is supposed to be feeling--numb and checked out.  But if that's true, it makes the Nina stuff all the grosser and possibly grosser than I can stand.  The story only becomes somewhat palatable to me if SIlas is at least a LITTLE BIT into his wife, or trying to convince himself that he is, but that's not coming across on the screen at all. 

So I agree we could use some point of view information here.  Maybe Nathan could escape from horrible plot point judge for 15 minutes to wander over to his beloved sister's apartment and notice that, despite his sister's insistence that she and Silas are back together, Silas looks slightly queasy every time she opens her mouth.  Hell, maybe Britt could dislodge herself from her pursuit of NIkolas's penis for long enough to say something.  She and Nina are family, and she and Silas work together.  And she's right up there with Silas on the list of people who desperately need to be moved outside of their little mono-plot bubbles of hell. 

But mostly, I just really want this terrible, terrible storyline to be over. 

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 4

Britt knows Nina is lying about being able to have a baby. Silas and Britt work together. Well, when Britt goes to work. Silas can easily go to Britt and ask to see his wife's chart. The fact that both Silas and Britt have pasts is better soap than Nina making the Chief of Oncology look like a moron and a doctor falling over some guy's peen. They can bond over their criminal family members (though I insist Stephen Clay never existed! He was a false identity created by Caleb to piss Livvie off!) And well, Nina's crazy and Nik being a douche. Silas cheated on Nina, created Lauren. Britt stole an embryo, created Ben Rocco. Silas need a story outside of Sam/Nina. Britt needs a story where she's not a doormat. Hello, Silas/Britt. And really, Dr. O vs Nina, hilarious. ME in "Meet the mother" scenes with Kathleen G. Yes. Please.

I would say yeah, ME is playing Silas the way he should be right now, numb and checked out...but IMO he has been playing Silas that way from the very start. Even with Sam.   And I have nothing really against ME, I actually LIKED McBam.  At least I saw the sparkage between ME and KeMo when he was McBain.  I never saw it with Silas.  I just think Silas is a terribly written character, with an equally terrible back story. 

• Love 6

I would say yeah, ME is playing Silas the way he should be right now, numb and checked out...but IMO he has been playing Silas that way from the very start. Even with Sam.   And I have nothing really against ME, I actually LIKED McBam.  At least I saw the sparkage between ME and KeMo when he was McBain.  I never saw it with Silas.  I just think Silas is a terribly written character, with an equally terrible back story. 

Awww, McBam!  It hurts me a little even to see the name.  Damn Prospect Park litigation!   I was more tolerant of Silas pre-Nina.  Not excited exactly, but I thought he was mostly okay-ish with potential for improvement until the Nina crap started up.  Since Nina it's been 100% terrible for me.

I may have to go watch some clips on youtube.  I miss the good cop who told Jasus to sit his ass down so that he, Dante, and pre-mobbed out ex-Marine Shawn could go save the town themselves.  So much potential.  Yet here we are 2 years later, back where we started, with mobsters and criminals running the show.  Bah.

• Love 2

I was relieved when Nina put her sweater on backwards, after years of being subjected to MSt's unfettered boobettes on Y&R I'm way over seeing that. Silas tells her she's beautiful (gag) and that he is attracted to her and still Neen freaks out. While telling Franco to be all rational about CarSon screwing. I have no idea who either of these people are, what they think and why I should care.

• Love 3

I'm curious, TeeVee329, what makes that idea (of Britt and Silas as a romantic couple) so unpalatable to you?

First of, I'm sick of Michael Easton.  There, I said it.  I never thought he was all that and a big of chops on "One Life to Live" and the same holds for me here.  I'm tired of countless women fawning over his characters.

Also, any story with Silas and Britt would involve again Silas being the clueless "good guy" while Britt schemes or whatever.  Boring.  I want Britt involved with someone equally rascally.

• Love 5

Britt and AJ would have been amazing. Scheming to take over ELQ? SK in scenes with KG? So much wasted potential. Plus, Britt as stepmom to Micheal? Mother in law to Lauren? Imagine if they were together and you had Britt and Dr. O involved in the AJ reveal? We'd get a better and faster resolution.

But anyway, I don't get why Silas doesn't ask Britt to see Nina's chart. Another lie exposed and not even a cool one. I liked ME on Port Charles, as McBain on GH, but most of his OLTL run was just weird. I don't think even he liked it, as he's said Caleb was his favorite character, and sadly, the one he's played the shortest. Says a lot imo.

• Love 1
Britt as stepmom to Micheal? Mother in law to Lauren?

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There's no way Michael and Lauren should get married. Lauren needs to be dead dead dead long before that's a possibility. 

• Love 5

Britt and Silas sounds like a recipe for my assisted suicide. I can't think of two people who have lower energy joined together, and I've already seen Silas with Kelly Monaco. Neither of them have one full personality between them.

• Love 4

I was relieved when Nina put her sweater on backwards, after years of being subjected to MSt's unfettered boobettes on Y&R I'm way over seeing that.

There was a point when LW's Carly was always braless too. Maybe it's a thing?

any story with Silas and Britt would involve again Silas being the clueless "good guy" while Britt schemes or whatever.  Boring.  I want Britt involved with someone equally rascally.

This is why they should put Britt back with Nikolas. Whatever Nik thinks of himself, he is not a nice guy, and I'd rather see him with Britt than Round 482 of Niz Electric Boogaloo. And I don't care enough about Lulu and her ridiculously absurd obsession with embryos to want her feelings protected on the subject.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There's no way Michael and Lauren should get married. Lauren needs to be dead dead dead long before that's a possibility. 

While I agree with this, I wish her real name was anything but Lauren. I have a cousin named Lauren, and I actually like her. That's why I insist on calling her Kaka, because I can barely use the other in reference to her without shuddering.[/issues]

• Love 2

Did Silas actually have sex with Nina.If he did here goes another pregnancy yuck.

When?  They had extremely unsexy and ff-requiring sex a couple of months ago because she guilted him into it not long after her attempt at drugging and raping him failed.  It was gross. Then this week he shot her down for a quicky in the hospital supply closet.  But it's generally unclear, I think, whether they just had sex that one time or are having sex on an ongoing basis--though not last week in the supply closet--and man, is that ever a question I don't want to ponder. 

No pregnancy because she went to see Britt after the first round, and Britt said she wasn't pregnant and couldn't get pregnant.  Doesn't mean it's true, but does probably mean that she's THANK GOD not pregnant right now.  Nina is keeping the information about her inability to get pregnant from Silas so that she can keep grossly begging him to impregnate her to make up for Kiki, I mean, the baby she lost.  Silas, consistent with his general apathy and lack of any apparent opinions about anything going on in his general vicinity, has not expressed feelings either way about the baby issue.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 3

Just as an FYI about watching GH on hulu plus, I think you can FF if you wait two days to watch an episode. I just know I'm watching Thursday's episode now, and -- thankfully! -- can FF.  I usually can't if I try to watch it on the day after. On those days I watch, I usually have to mute in order to keep my sanity.

Having said that, about Thursday's show (only Anna show of the week, so only show I'm watching):

- Hey, yet again the words "choose" and "choice" are used to explain why someone is romantically committed to someone else. "I chose Bobbie," etc.  It's never "I love Bobbie" or "I love Sabrina" or "I love Robin" or "I love Sam" or "I love Nina." It's all about "choosing" and never about feelings.

- Gluten talk with Lucy? And, according to here, Milo and Epiphany's date was all about some healthy food he was trying to make her eat. Fat jokes for AJ. Skinny insults for Anna. An entire storyline about relish.  Anyone else notice that Ron seems obsessed with food? Now we get food talk in the afternoon instead of love in the afternoon.

- "Get back what we had," Julian? Getting back nameless sex in the back of a car?  

- "Alleged heroin dealer" isn't all that much of an upgrade, Jordan.

- Having Bobbie and Lucy insult each other on their looks, but not touching the tragedy that is Bobbie's face? Umm, okay. And, Bobbie, I'm no fan of Lucy, but she gets to wear sleeveless dresses at her age because she still has the triceps of a 20-year-old. It's a universal rule, you get to get wear sleeveless dresses until you get the turkey wobbles. Look it up.

- Patrick and Sam are pretty to look at.  But is Patrick wearing Mr. Roger's sweater?

- Man, I love Jeff Bridges. Oops, sorry NoKidHungry.org commercial holds my attention more that this show does.

- Even on FF, man are RH's ears big. Like I'm sure he was cast as an elf in every school holiday play growing up.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

And, Bobbie, I'm no fan of Lucy, but she gets to wear sleeveless dresses at her age because she still has the triceps of a 20-year-old. It's a universal rule, you get to get wear sleeveless dresses until you get the turkey wobbles. Look it up.

Lynn Herring's body is freaking amazing. So wear those sleeveless dresses, Lucy. I wish I had arms like hers.

• Love 6
it's better than confirmed hit man (even if Shawn can't hit whatever he's aiming at).

Or my personal favourite, the alleged/confirmed/supposed "coffee importer" that is Mr. Sonny "Can't keep it in his pants" Corinthos.

This is probably a "me" problem and not a "her" problem, but whenever Michelle hugs people I always think she is going to squeeze their necks until their heads pop off. I never knew there could be such a thing as "desperate hugging" but that's what it looks like to me. Then again mostly everything she does as the Nina comes across to me as being desperate and unhinged and flat out bonkers.

• Love 3

Lynn Herring's body is freaking amazing. So wear those sleeveless dresses, Lucy. I wish I had arms like hers.

And she can wind up in her underwear at the Nurses Ball for as long as she wants. I'll be 26 in a few months, and I've got NOTHING on her. 

• Love 7

That is an excellent point.  I hadn't realized it until you pointed it out, but we don't have any sense at all about what Silas' viewpoint in all this is, do we?  Sure, we saw him seem a little suspicious about Nina when he was on the phone with Sam, but other than that, we have no idea what he thinks about Nina, how he feels about having sex with her.  I suppose that's bound to happen when you have a character who only ever really interacts with one other character.  For a while, Silas only really talked to Sam, but lately he's only had significant scenes with Nina, and so we don't get know how he actually feels about Nina.  Sure would be nice if people on this show had friends...

I agree that the whole Silas and Nina story isn't well written, but I continue to underwhelmed with ME. I think part of the reason Nina seems extra BSC with Silas is b/c ME usually brings nothing. MSt is tap dancing like mad to get some kind of emotion into those scenes, which is something she doesn't have to do with RoHo so their scenes are better.

Silas keeps being intriged by Nina yet grossed out by her at the same time, it is weird. Every time Nina discusses their past Silas actually seems into her and in her mind she is just one day removed from that, while Silas had 20 yrs of life passed that. I think Silas doesn't know what he wants and seems in general to take whatever the easy way out of any situation is. Same he did with Sam, if he truely loved her why did he not fight for her? He seems to care about Nina and is married to her so he is kind of meh about either. It seems like to him it was just easier to let Sam run off and stay with Nina.

So I just don't see what is so special about Silas and ME doesn't impress me at all as I've seen him with several people and none of his interactions are that great. Some of his best have been with Nina back around the 4th of July but lately he seems checked out all the way around.

Maybe MS is trying to make her conversations seem "natural" by doing something else while she talks. If so, her acting coach had better give her a refresher on the kind of props to use. Putting on rubber gloves, going through all your exercise moves,  or wearing a sweater backward tend to take audiences out of the scene, not draw them in. 

Yes, there's a major difference between using the props around you to create a natural, flowing scene, that makes sense for the characters and s/l -- and performing those strange interpretive dances she keeps doing, like wearing rubber gloves while paying leapfrog.   I'm going to start calling her Tallulah (as in Bankhead). 

Still haven't watched Friday's show, but I'm looking forward to the sweater scene.  If Spencer represents Ron (and I think Ron totally writes him that way, for some personal reason, since he's so obsessed/giddy about it), then who/what the hell does Nina represent?  It's like we're watching some kind of play therapy, from inside the mind of RC.

What confuses me the most, is how before we met Nina, Silas would opine about how much he loved her, what kind of life they had, and how guilty he felt, etc.  But when she rolled onto the scene, that one horrible, black letter day, he already seemed to give no fucks.  It was as if he was irritated that she was interrupting his life, right from the get-go.  I was kind of disappointed that they didn't have him at least seem surprised and relived that she was alive.  I've never seen, from ME/Silas, any hint of love or affection toward Nina.  So this, already shitty, s/l has fallen so flat, for me.  There are no stakes (as usual).  Silas loved Sam before Nina (B.N.), Silas loves Sam after Nina (A.N.).  I get that he's doing things for her out of guilt, but I don't even feel like that is being shown onscreen very well.  He may feel guilty, but he's acting openly apathetic and somewhat hostile. 

I don't know.  I don't mind fanwanking some things, esp. with characters I feel are getting shafted by the writing, but Silas and Nina (as said many times) are just poorly created characters, in general, and the actors are playing at opposite ends of the spectrum.  It doesn't mesh well, or line up to what we knew B.N. (before MS/Nina.)

This is the very reason I prefer Nina with Franco (...and not with Silas. I prefer neither of them).  They are both insane, manic, annoying characters, with portrayers who almost always overact.  At least for me, they seem to even each other out, a bit, because one doesn't stand out over the other.  I am grateful though, that ME looks alive again, somewhat.  I enjoyed his interaction with Monica, even though it was random.  Still a stupid, stupid, waste of time s/l.

• Love 3

I think Nina was possibly always a tad bsc and depressed, hence her being on antidepressants. I think throughout the 20 year coma Nathan, Silas, etc may have began looking at her through rose colored glasses. Think about it. Silas seems pretty level headed. Back then Ava was more appealing. So, yes, imo, Nina was pretty off. But much like people do when they grieve, she's been viewed on this pedestal. Silas may be remembering why their marriage was failing 20 years ago.

• Love 1

I cannot remember a time when I didn't want Lynn Herring's body. She looks like she did way back in the day (80's-90's, when I started watching GH), crazy fit arms and all.

• Love 2

Honestly Silas was never needed none of the OLTL actors/characters were ever needed.

Franco was never needed either and I was a huge RH fan but this Franco ish is ridiculous so is Kiki. RC is obsessed with OLTL that's why he intwined some of their characters into GH.

And he's also obsessed with new characters that's why there are so many new ones so he can give them as much ridiculous backstory as possible and fake history. He's such an untalented hack

• Love 3

Honestly Silas was never needed none of the OLTL actors/characters were ever needed.

Franco was never needed either and I was a huge RH fan but this Franco ish is ridiculous so is Kiki. RC is obsessed with OLTL that's why he intwined some of their characters into GH.

And he's also obsessed with new characters that's why there are so many new ones so he can give them as much ridiculous backstory as possible and fake history. He's such an untalented hack

You are my kindred spirit here.  I find ME to be skating by as little as possible on whatever he might have had 10 years ago. MS is way out there, but she can only do so much and ME gives her nothing. It's like he is upset that he has to try and perform outside his comfort zone. When I read that some think he has finally woken up, I wonder when and more importantly where since it's not readily apparent. 

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

Awww, McBam!  It hurts me a little even to see the name.  Damn Prospect Park litigation!   I was more tolerant of Silas pre-Nina.  Not excited exactly, but I thought he was mostly okay-ish with potential for improvement until the Nina crap started up.  Since Nina it's been 100% terrible for me.

I may have to go watch some clips on youtube.  I miss the good cop who told Jasus to sit his ass down so that he, Dante, and pre-mobbed out ex-Marine Shawn could go save the town themselves.  So much potential.  Yet here we are 2 years later, back where we started, with mobsters and criminals running the show.  Bah.

I will forever be grateful to Prospect Park for pulling their characters.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 6

I just never understood the purpose of bringing ME,RH, and KA on as any character it's ridiculous the focus backstory and contrived connections RC have done to incorporate his OLTL actors into GH is silly, stupid and unnecessary.

Than he grabs MS a known YnR actress to play a character that has zero connection or relevance to GH characters and connects her to Silas two nobodies who should go away.

Than all the other characters he's bringing on like Sabina, Nathan, Dr. O, Britt, etc...... and trying to give them other connections to GH legacy families and still writing BS stories. He's a hack who has to bring whole new characters on to write for them because he's an uncreative, non talented back who can't write for GH legacy characters or families.

He's happy BM is playing Jason so that he can make up a whole new character for Jason throwing flashbacks out there because he will think it will make fans happy that he remembers all that great history that Jason has on canvas while blatantly ignoring it to try to make a "whole new Jason" that is done by RC.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I think RC is slowly replacing GH with the characters he's written and created.

• Love 2
There is no pleasing you people!!!!!! We had a Sonny free, Carly free, Kiki, free, Spencer free day and you still complain! Do you want more Corinthos? Because that complaining will lead to more!

Tracy and edibles or relish run circles around any Corinthos storyline.  What a waste of talent.

• Love 2

He's a hack who has to bring whole new characters on to write for them because he's an uncreative, non talented back who can't write for GH legacy characters or families.

I have a lot of complaints about Ron's writing these days, but to play devil's advocate, I think some are looking back on the Guza years with rose-colored glasses because he wasn't exactly doing the GH legacy characters and families proud, what with his intense focus on the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity, demolishing Luke and Laura's legacy, killing off Quartermaines left and right, bringing in his own pointless new characters, retconning new favorites into existing families (Dante), etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I have a lot of complaints about Ron's writing these days, but to play devil's advocate, I think some are looking back on the Guza years with rose-colored glasses because he wasn't exactly doing the GH legacy character and families proud, what with his intense focus on the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity, demolishing Luke and Laura's legacy, killing off Quartermaines left and right, bringing in his own pointless new characters, retconning new favorites into existing families (Dante), etc.

I will never forgive Guza for killing off Alan. I mean, seriously, Stuart Damon was Prince Charming!!! Granted, he had aged (who hasn't?) and he had gained weight (whistling), but still...  I guess I should be glad Ron didn't have a chance to ridicule his weight like he did with AJ.

I also have had more than my fill of the mobsters under Guza, but Ron has done nothing to expunge them. Sonny and Shawn are plotting to kill a woman after she gives birth, continuing the long standing tradition of women as mere incubators, and they look down on the Jeromes as being the bad mobsters because they sell drugs to kids while Sonny and Shawn don't.

For me then, I don't find Ron any better than Guza, but with Guza at least I knew the characters. 

• Love 6

Yeah, they both imo had good and bad points. Hear me out. (Maybe we need a Guza Vs Ron thread?) Dante, Olivia, Johnny were great additions. Dante and DZ are phenomenal. It's refreshing to see a genuine good guy on a soap and he seems like a real guy. He's not a Ridge or a Jack Abbott. I can easily imagine Dante- minus his personal life, in any bar or police station. Johnny was multi layered and complex. He wasn't some random thug. He was what TPTB wish Sonny was. And Julian. I found Johnny to be haunted by his actions, his family's actions, but truly unable to get away or not knowing how to. There's so much story there. But Guza also shat on AJ, a character imo better than Jason on paper. Who cares if you hate the actor? It's soaps. Recast. Every viewer wants an underdog. No one wants to see a winner all the time. We want to see the underdog fight and win. And AJ is complex, troubled, his worst enemy, but smart. He's more interesting than the Golden Boy who had to get brain trauma to be interesting. There's story for Alan and Monica's only bio child.

Also, Guza killed Alan. Huge mistake. Imo that's gutting the show. Then he twisted the knife by ruining Lucky. This show needs heroes. I think Ron had a plan, but the PP stuff threw him. Then he couldn't get JJ, he couldn't get money. So he gave up. He needs to try again. He needs to put his heart in it or go. Because shitting on the show is disgusting. Guza did it. JFP did it. I'm tired of it.

• Love 4
There's story for Alan and Monica's only bio child.

I'm glad that wasn't the focus of AJ vs. Jason. There's something really hateful to me about emphasizing biology over everything. It's one thing they did right with Ethan, a character I mostly disliked: He had a happy childhood and didn't have any anger about being adopted.

Then he couldn't get JJ, he couldn't get money.

I'm not sure JJ wouldn't have left anyway. I don't watch Nashville, but it seems the perfect part for him, as he gets to act and perform music. We've had two less-than-successful recasts—Jacob Young (Shouty McYellerson) was just wrong for the role, and Greg Vaughn's Lucky turned into Larry—and at this point, I don't think they know how to write for Lucky no matter who plays him. I don't need him to be in an endless triangle with Liz and Nik, and the Fake!Luke stuff isn't about the Spencers. Maybe it's just as well he's off helping children in Africa. At least he's not being kidnapped every other week.

• Love 4

I would like Lucky to return to the show, either as JJ or another (less angsty) recast.

Billy Miller would've been a GREAT Lucky in my opinion. He can bring some snark and he can do angst really well, but at least we'd get a Lucky Spencer who wouldn't be crying every other scene. And thinking about him and Tony Geary (or TG in his heyday of playing Luke) going up against each other in scenes would have been fun, I think. He could share scenes with NuLulu too. And then I could get Becky and Billy in more scenes together too without worrying about RC and his idiotic attachment to triangles and messy, incomprehensible relationships. Though… never mind, I'm sure RC won't pass up an opportunity to have Liz in some sort of messy ubershit with Nik and Lucky. Idiot. 

I am so very much here for all the Rosalie I can get. Now I wonder how it would've been had the actress who plays Rosalie would've been cast as Sabrina? Would I actually have liked the character? 

Edited by WTActualF
  • Love 3

My main issue with Ron is the dialogue.  I've only been watching since 2006/7-ish, but under Guza, the day-to-day dialogue seemed ... more intelligent?  Better thought-out?  More relevant to the actual s/l and what we were seeing onscreen?  More in-character?  Less campy?  Less juvenile? Less WTF? 

I don't know, but I did enjoy it more.  Even if it was all-mob-all-the-time (and it has pretty much returned to form), the characters had better conversations with each other. 

So, that's one difference for me.  Not saying I liked Guza, no.  But, I do miss how the show's dialogue was written, even if the storylines were awful.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

I think the actress playing Rosalie or Lindsay Hartley would have been perfect as Sabrina. TeCa would have made a great Kristina imo.

I wish Dante and Morgan remembered they were brothers, and I wish Dante still hated Sonny. Then again, Dante can always arrest Sonny and say "Yeah you shot Micheal's father in cold blood like you shot me in the chest, Sonny. You're under arrest." Because burn. Epic burn.

• Love 3

I think Ron had a plan, but the PP stuff threw him.

Maybe it did but he's been in this business for about twenty years now and if he can't bounce back from a situation that was shaky from jump like the PP situation, if he didn't have some kind of contingency plan in mind then that's on him. Also not being able to get this actor or that actor shouldn't derail complete storylines.

And that certainly doesn't explain the bullshit surrounded the likes of SK's AJ or Robert Scorpio or Original!Lulu where he just flat out wouldn't write for them. The idea that, somehow, AJ's story was based solely on Todd Manning's existence in Port Charles is ludicrous. There was plenty to work with there give that AJ had long history with GH and various characters that were on screen at the time. JMB wanted to leave but was told they had great story for her so she agreed to stick around... and still had nothing to do. The only time Ron decided to actually write for her was when she decided to leave again and he had to come up with an exit story. And Robert? They fuck around with him, he gets a contract somewhere else and then Ron starts whining about how he had this amazing story planned and now he had to change it all.

Too many of his pairings are afterthoughts. Too many of his characters are that way, too. His attention span is ridiculous and he is always, always dazzled by a new toy... which he often quickly grows tired of and then throws away for months at a time. He's got problems, the whole genre has problems, but he doesn't strike me as being particularly good at the big picture. He wants his Big Moments but there's not enough good lead up to it and there's rarely any good fallout from it, either.

• Love 14

I think the actress playing Rosalie or Lindsay Hartley would have been perfect as Sabrina. TeCa would have made a great Kristina imo.

#WeCouldHaveHadItAll.... Oh, RC/FV! When messageboards do a better job of casting your damn show.

• Love 2

I wish Dante and Morgan remembered they were brothers, and I wish Dante still hated Sonny.

I legitimately cannot remember the last time Dante spoke to Michael or Morgan.

I was just thinking this last week.  It's strange how isolated some characters are, esp. from people they should be around.  I really do want to see Dante, Michael, and Morgan (and maybe Joss, too, cause she's corn) interacting and hanging out.  They've all needed each other to lean on lately.  Which is one reason, out of many, I didn't like Michael going to Sonny to clean up the botched mob hit.  I know why they did it that way, but it would have shown that Michael is learning something.

Oh!  And if Morgan wants to learn how to be a daddy/older brother, why can't he go to Dante?  He can babysit Ben, hang out with Lante, etc. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

Yeah, they both imo had good and bad points. Hear me out. (Maybe we need a Guza Vs Ron thread?) Dante, Olivia, Johnny were great additions. Dante and DZ are phenomenal. It's refreshing to see a genuine good guy on a soap and he seems like a real guy. He's not a Ridge or a Jack Abbott. I can easily imagine Dante- minus his personal life, in any bar or police station. Johnny was multi layered and complex. He wasn't some random thug. He was what TPTB wish Sonny was. And Julian. I found Johnny to be haunted by his actions, his family's actions, but truly unable to get away or not knowing how to. There's so much story there. But Guza also shat on AJ, a character imo better than Jason on paper. Who cares if you hate the actor? It's soaps. Recast. Every viewer wants an underdog. No one wants to see a winner all the time. We want to see the underdog fight and win. And AJ is complex, troubled, his worst enemy, but smart. He's more interesting than the Golden Boy who had to get brain trauma to be interesting. There's story for Alan and Monica's only bio child.

Also, Guza killed Alan. Huge mistake. Imo that's gutting the show. Then he twisted the knife by ruining Lucky. This show needs heroes. I think Ron had a plan, but the PP stuff threw him. Then he couldn't get JJ, he couldn't get money. So he gave up. He needs to try again. He needs to put his heart in it or go. Because shitting on the show is disgusting. Guza did it. JFP did it. I'm tired of it.

*slow clap*

• Love 2

Oh!  And if Morgan wants to learn how to be a daddy/older brother, why can't he go to Dante?  He can babysit Ben, hang out with Lante, etc. 

Dammit, now I'm sad that this will never happen. That'd be so cute!

I really want Morgan/Joss scenes as well. They're both so snarky.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Oh no, I agree that Ron has issues with follow up. Crazy issues. And his not signing TR and the treatment of SK was ridiculous. He also horribly miscast RoHo, ME, and KA. He's placed characters in bubbles. It's stupid. But, he's brought back Anna, Duke, Lucy, Kevin, Ned, given Alexis a love story, brought back Lucas. He handled Edward Q's death beautifully. He loses focus. He needs to focus and put his heart back into this before he Guza's this show. GH can't survive another Guza like destruction.

• Love 2

It all seems so obvious, doesn't it?  Instead of Michael finding Morgan reading the 'Dummies' book, Dante should have.  They could, you know, have a conversation or two about becoming a father, being an older brother and a responsible role model.  Oh, I so think Joss would be cute with Morgan, and hell, she could probably even give him advice on raising a child, since she seems to be raising herself (when not with Jax), while Carly is too busy humping Sonny, or lying to Franco. 

I'd much rather see the kids on the show interacting with their family, than having some kind of kiddie-triangle-romance with each other.

• Love 4