Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

MS is horrible.  Even her TV relatives have stuck a fork in her.

MB is worse. 

The misogyny on this show is just over the top. 

The only thing that didn't enrage me yesterday was seeing Gronk in a Tide commercial. 

Will someone please refrain the actors from screaming their lines.  LW is in a class by herself, but LWB and Maxie are runners up.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Especially characters that have no reason to be neutral to each other.

Unless you're named Sonny, Jason, or Carly. Then you have every reason to not be neutral to anyone. Gah.

3 hours ago, sas616 said:

Looks like the stables on Spoon Island sit right next to the "cemetery"/park where Morgan is buried.

I think it's also a portion of the patio at the Q mansion as well as the park everyone goes to.

• Love 6

You all weren't kidding about Sam having a pity party for herself in her conversation with Alexis. Geez, she sounded like Carly (or Brenda) re: Sonny. The one positive thing about her working with Curtis is that she has conversations with people that aren't all about Jason, Carly, Sonny and Michael or her sister Kristina being in danger/trouble. 

If the Jason/Jake/Drew scenes were supposed to make Jason look like a good dad, Show failed. I liked that Jake said in front of Jason that they're both his dads, even though Drew is actually his uncle ... why don't you let that sink in, Jason. BM and the boy who plays Jake seemed at ease and like they genuinely love each other, while SBu played Jason as bored and humoring this kid he's not really comfortable being around. Jake specifically mentions that he was messed up in dealing with his brothers when he came home, Drew reassures him, and Jason....doesn't ask a single question or express even a hint of concern about Jake's well-being either while Drew was there or when they were alone after Drew left. And yet, in the same day he's on the phone demanding action out of concern for his adult BFF's welfare.

• Love 15
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jake specifically mentions that he was messed up in dealing with his brothers when he came home, Drew reassures him, and Jason....doesn't ask a single question or express even a hint of concern about Jake's well-being either while Drew was there or when they were alone after Drew left. 

I don't think Jake was looking for reassurance in that scene at all. He said that that was all in the now-distant past; his brothers had forgiven him for being weird when he first got back home, and things are great between them now. He provided specific examples of their greatness, such as Cameron letting him sleep in his bed when he was upset. What he was trying to do was bring about a closer relationship between Jason and Drew, not-so-subtly encouraging them to understand and tolerate each other the way Cameron and Aiden did for him. He all but diagrammed it for them: Jason is an adult "Jake" and Drew is the Cameron-or-Aiden.  

It was the kind of TV-kid precociousness I usually find tough to buy, but I was impressed with Hudson West's performance, as I have been before. He steps up when he has something to do (e.g., the turmoil of conflicting counsel from Real Elizabeth and Hallucinated Helena during the magic show).   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Henrik to Finn: "Don't bother. I hate her! She gave me away! My childhood was ruined!"

Still haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this plot. Even not watching. Anna would never, never, NEVER have Faison's dirty spawn. NO.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think Jake was looking for reassurance in that scene at all. 

It was the kind of TV-kid precociousness I usually find tough to buy, but I was impressed with Hudson West's performance, as I have been before. He steps up when he has something to do (e.g., the turmoil of conflicting counsel from Real Elizabeth and Hallucinated Helena during the magic show).   

I agree that Jake wasn't looking for reassurance; my point is that Jason seems to have zero interest or concern about what Jake has been through (including the relationship he has formed with Franco!), or how he interacts with his brothers (even though Jason has known Cam since he was an infant). Most devoted parents want detailed information about their child's struggles if they either don't understand or haven't witnessed it.  

Jake was trying to do what he thought was right; he just doesn't understand that Jason doesn't give a damn about blood family unless that family is named Michael because he and Jason don't know each other. I wonder how he would react to hearing about Jason and AJ's history, given how much he values Cam and Aiden.

Jason is so self-absorbed that it doesn't occur to him that his young son wasn't asking about his relationship drama. He doesn't bother to ask in return, "Why would you ask about me getting back together with Sam?"

I agree that Hudson West is a great actor.

• Love 4
On 7/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

"How'd you do it? Overcoming everyone looking at you and seeing a killer?" LOL. Way to make allies, Nelle!

Nelle, do your freaking research. No one cared. Because they thought he was Jason. Their favorite killer in the world. 

Also, nice of the flashback to confirm that Michael's stupid is really the PCPD's stupid plan. And isn't this entrapment? Chase wants to get payback for what Nelle did to him. Why is Jordan wasting the department resources on trying to nail Nelle for a crime that she committed in another state?

On 7/20/2018 at 9:47 PM, Asp Burger said:

At least in Carly's case it's historically consistent. She was already doing that in the Sarah Brown era, when the ink on the marriage license was barely dry. I remember her trying to back down some thug with "Do you know who I am? I am Mrs. Sonny Corinthos" when she had gone out looking for trouble completely needlessly. Then the guy roughed her up and stole her rings, and Jason had to save the day. Gag.  

While Carly has said that many, many times, that wasn't the case that time.

At the time, Carly was unhappily married to AJ (after her own ridiculous plan to marry him so that she can go back to Jason with full custody of Michael). She has been suspicious of Hannah for months and saw her meeting with a man who was really her FBI handler. He figured that Carly was on their trail and send a goon to rough her up and scare her who took her rings. Carly turned up at Jason's roughed up while both Jason and Sonny were instantly concerned about her welfare while Hannah tried to minimized what happened to Carly but was ignored by both men. It was the first time that Sonny was actually nice to Carly and Jason got his people to duplicate the rings that were stolen. 

When Jason placed those rings on Carly's finger, she got goofy and sentimental about them because Jason gave them to her. When Carly would later leave AJ, she told him about the incident and the fact that those rings were important to her because Jason gave them to her.

• Love 3

I was conflating the ring-theft incident with something later. I do remember the Sarah Brown Carly trying to get out of a sticky situation on the street with some goon by trumpeting her mob-wife bona fides, and it may have been at a time when Burton/Jason was off the canvas. Because there were very narrow windows when Sonny/Carly were married, Brown was Carly, and Jason was in town, all three. Just a couple of brief visits in 2000 and 2001. 

9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Also, nice of the flashback to confirm that Michael's stupid is really the PCPD's stupid plan. And isn't this entrapment?

WTF was that about? Are the writers so afraid to give Michael any sort of edge that the PCPD has to have had the original idea for this? Gah. The PCPD being involved makes it even stupider, as well as giving Sonny a legit excuse to yell at Chase and Jordan. No, thanks. He yells at them enough the way it is.

As for entrapment, I don't think it is: "Inducement or encouragement to commit an offense means active inducement or encouragement. Conduct merely affording a person an opportunity to commit an offense does not constitute entrapment."

At the moment, Chase is doing the latter: By telling her he'll help her with no specifics, he's giving her the opportunity to hurt Michael. She hasn't explicitly said to him she wants Michael hurt.

• Love 1

I will say that Carly looks amazing in her straight jacket and shiny hair. How does she have time to get her hair done. I’m not even wearing a jacket and I can’t find the time to get my hair done let alone make an appointment. LW has the most amazing hair. She must be in the chair for hours getting that blowout. Simply stunning!

• Love 4

Ok, I went and checked, and to be fair, Lucas is, talking to Alexis.  But still, nothing about that promo indicates this was supposed to be a big episode for them TOGETHER, AS A COUPLE.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that Carly looks amazing in her straight jacket and shiny hair. How does she have time to get her hair done. I’m not even wearing a jacket and I can’t find the time to get my hair done let alone make an appointment. LW has the most amazing hair. She must be in the chair for hours getting that blowout. Simply stunning!

And for me I just want to reach through through the screen with my hair tie and pull it back into a ponytail, heh.

• Love 1

Anyone else's mind go straight to how Peter hasn't brushed his teeth in a month when Maxie gave him mouth to mouth? Blech. 

The evolution of Joss into She Beast Jr is coming along nicely. Oscar is a snore but the poor kid shouldn't have to take this crap. Kim raised him to be as boring as she is but at least she taught him to respect women. The whole scene was just uncomfortable. They're setting up for "bad boy" Cam to swoop in and then I'm dreading a teen pregnancy story line. I don't like the writing on the wall here at all. Carly's misery over having to co-grandma with Elizabeth is a nice thought, just make it happen down the line. 

I admit the show is getting me a teeny bit intrigued as to what Margaux's plan is with Drew. She's either someone from his past or using him to nail Sason, possibly both. When they focused on the baseball hat I thought maybe it was bugged. I don't see any chemistry between them though. Just like I don't see chemistry between any of the pairings on the show anymore. Everyone looks awkward to downright miserable together. 

• Love 6

Part of me is irritated that Peter covered for Nina (guess willingly participating in a crime is just fine so long as you feel super bad about it), and the other part of me doesn't give a shit if it means we can put this kidnapping plot to rest now. We wasted two months to basically end up where we started, with Peter in police custody, Maxie ambivalent in her feelings, and Anna still entirely removed from her son (I know FH is on vacation, but this mess might have been salvageable if Anna had been around to give it some emotional heft).

I don't dislike Margaux, but I feel nothing for her and Drew right now. That's possibly because BM seems to be questioning why he shows up for work every day if he's relegated to throwaway scenes which have no solid direction or follow-through.

Run, Oscar. You're a Quartermaine and Joss is Carly's daughter; this will end with either her ruining your life or making you her lap dog, and whichever the case, you lose.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Part of me is irritated that [LWB/FS] covered for Nina (guess willingly participating in a crime is just fine so long as you feel super bad about it)

Oh, I think LWB/FS covered for Nina to score points with Maxie slash because he wuuuves her, blech.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Linny said:

Anna still entirely removed from her son (I know FH is on vacation, but this mess might have been salvageable if Anna had been around to give it some emotional heft)

The writers know when actors are going on vacation! Why not at least have Jordan or Finn be in touch with Anna and telling us what she's thinking? It's not as good as Anna actually being in Port Charles, but Finn leaving message after message is just dumb.

It's like when TG would leave for his three-month breaks and the show would scramble to write him out as if it were some sort of last-minute thing, instead of a contractually negotiated item. Good grief.

• Love 2

I had to laugh when poor Oscar was all, "so you're not mad at me then" (I'm paraphrasing) and Joss is all, 'nope, Im good' even though there is SO much anger coming off of her in waves.  Oscar honey, you're not blind or deaf, girlfriend is super pissed!!!  I thought Eden and Garrett both did a decent job in those scenes.  You could see the crazy in Joss and the terror in Oscar.  

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucas is, talking to Alexis.  But still, nothing about that promo indicates this was supposed to be a big episode for them TOGETHER, AS A COUPLE.

Brad wasn't there.  It was just Alexis letting him know that the baby mama is due this week and they'll get the call as soon as she goes into labour.  Lucas complains again about the 30 days that the baby mama can change her mind andAlexis reminds him that it's what he and Brad agreed to.  I see a baby mama coming back to get her baby storyline coming.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm so tired about hearing about the birth mother and the worry about her taking the kid back.  I mean, I get that that would be a concern for adopting couples, gay or straight, but too much of the focus has been on that angle - and Julian - versus anything about Lucas and/or Brad.

Do they even know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I still think Nelle's the baby mama, and eventually it will be discovered that the kid isn't Michael's.   Lucas, much like his own adoption, and Brad will have the child for a while, then Michael will try to claim it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've seen that theory on Twitter, but what would be Nelle's motivation at this point to secretly adopt her baby out to Lucas and Brad?  I mean, some kind of baby swap where Lucas and Brad end up with Nelle's baby, sure, but her actively planning to adopt it out?

Also, doesn't Alexis know her identity, wasn't that the whole thing with Julian?

Edited by TeeVee329
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, doesn't Alexis know her identity, wasn't that the whole thing with Julian?

Yes, he was going to therapy with her so he could nose around her papers and find out who the birth mother is. You know that would have backfired (it's Julian), but maybe that got rewritten when CL announced she wasn't staying? It's a plot point that's been dropped for the time being, at least.

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm so tired about hearing about the birth mother and the worry about her taking the kid back.  I mean, I get that that would be a concern for adopting couples, gay or straight, but too much of the focus has been on that angle - and Julian - versus anything about Lucas and/or Brad.

Do they even know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

It is OTT. This show sucks at foreshadowing or subtly. We've been beaten over the head with the birth mother keeping the kid for months because that's exactly what's going to happen. Enter Nelle's baby. What a twist!! 

20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still think Nelle's the baby mama, and eventually it will be discovered that the kid isn't Michael's.   Lucas, much like his own adoption, and Brad will have the child for a while, then Michael will try to claim it.

I also think Nelle is the baby mama and its not Michael's. But I'm hoping once that's revealed, Nelle is out of the picture, and if the mother decides to keep Brucas' baby, Michael realizes he's not prepared to take care of a baby and that Brad and Lucas are a stable couple that want a child and would make wonderful parents so he allows them to adopt the baby. And let it happen all at once soon after Nelle has the baby and free Michael from this story line. I can't take six months of mouth breathing Michael faking paternity and/or trying to intimidate others away from "his child."

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I still think it would have been better/soapier if Lucas and Brad had ended up with Rebecca Budig's baby.

The writers don't remember that Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton had a baby.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle's motivation at this point to secretly adopt her baby out to Lucas and Brad?  I mean, some kind of baby swap where Lucas and Brad end up with Nelle's baby, sure, but her actively planning to adopt it out?

I don't know.  Money?  The mom demands money before she turns the kid over?

Not that Nelle has had or needed motivation for anything she's done in Port Charles or elsewhere.  I think they just want a tug of war over a baby, and they want to reminisce over Julian/Cheryl/Tiffany/Bobbi's storyline.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle's motivation at this point to secretly adopt her baby out to Lucas and Brad?  I mean, some kind of baby swap where Lucas and Brad end up with Nelle's baby, sure, but her actively planning to adopt it out?

I don't know.  Money?  The mom demands money before she turns the kid over?

Michael has way more money than the Who?s, though. I still don't get why Nelle didn't just ask for a boatload of cash. That's what she wants. I think the Q lifestyle is appealing to her, but she's in it for the dough.

Oh, and since Alexis does know who the birth mother is, how can she be Nelle? Even if Nelle is using a fake name, Alexis should have seen her, right?

Ugh. This story doesn't get any more interesting.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael has way more money than the Who?s, though. I still don't get why Nelle didn't just ask for a boatload of cash. That's what she wants. I think the Q lifestyle is appealing to her, but she's in it for the dough.

Nelle wants more than the money and lifestyle is for someone to love her completely and unconditionally. However she keeps doing things that pushes people away that could love her by doing stupid nonsense. When she knows that she isn't going to get this, she makes more stupid plans to get the most bang for her buck.

I totally believe Olivia is petty enough to tell the bellhops not to help Julian, but way to screw over your own employees, Liv. 

If Drew graduated high school in 1993, that makes him and Jason (and Franco!,LOL) 42/43.

A bit of advice, Joss: Getting hostile and sarcastic about having sex isn't the greatest way to have sex.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm so tired about hearing about the birth mother and the worry about her taking the kid back. 

There've been so many anvils that this will happen that I can totally see them not doing it and thinking they're psyching us out. 

It cracked me up how Nina and LWB/FS were piled up in the public area of GH while Lucas examined them and then sent them to a cubicle.

I wonder why they're using Francesca as the ER nurse instead of Amy?

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Nelle wants more than the money and lifestyle is for someone to love her completely and unconditionally

True, but that wasn't Michael even before he and the PCPD cooked up this dumb plan, and she knows it.

I liked the Kim/Julian talk.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Drew graduated high school in 1993, that makes him and Jason (and Franco!,LOL) 42/43.

I think that tracks with history, though. Because Steve Burton started in 91 or 92 and Jason was in HS.

What is the point of showing the empty envelope for Drew when when we all know the flash drive is currently in residing in the Lost and Found box at the Metrocourt. Since Peter has been found, he can tell whoever that he left the flash drive for Drew but he lost it when he got kidnapped.

Instead of worrying about the hotel staff helping Julian with his things (not that I care about him and the pettiness committed against him), Olivia should be more concerned that her cleaning staff has not clean a room thoroughly after two months since Peter was there.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

What is the point of showing the empty envelope for Drew when when we all know the flash drive is currently in residing in the Lost and Found box at the Metrocourt. Since Peter has been found, he can tell whoever that he left the flash drive for Drew but he lost it when he got kidnapped.

Instead of worrying about the hotel staff helping Julian with his things (not that I care about him and the pettiness committed against him), Olivia should be more concerned that her cleaning staff has not clean a room thoroughly after two months since Peter was there.

I had actually forgotten what the empty envelope was for. That shows you how much I pay attention to the show. I guess Joss is going to be a bad girl for a while. I know it’s a right of passage for the teen to go bad on a soap. I just thought Joss would be the good blonde and they would bring on the bad brunette ala Erica Kane or whomever is the equivalent on GH. I guess redheaded Bobbie from the 70’s. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

LMAO, so true!

Also, Josslyn was extremely annoying yesterday. I know she's going through some issues, but her behavior at Oscar was detestable. I would of broken up with her until she learned how to manage her emotions in a healthier way.

• Love 3

What exactly is Josslyn's hurry? She's FOURTEEN! Why the rush to have sex? And if I were Oscar, I'd have walked out the door and never looked back. The boy is being responsible and honest. He's not ready. I understand her feelings were hurt and she's lashing out. But chill the hell out! Honestly if that's how she reacts to being told 'no' then she is certainly not ready for a sexual relationship. And she's most definitely Carly's daughter!

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What exactly is Josslyn's hurry? She's FOURTEEN! Why the rush to have sex? And if I were Oscar, I'd have walked out the door and never looked back. The boy is being responsible and honest. He's not ready. I understand her feelings were hurt and she's lashing out. But chill the hell out! Honestly if that's how she reacts to being told 'no' then she is certainly not ready for a sexual relationship. And she's most definitely Carly's daughter!

As awful as this show is, and chances are I may be giving the writers way too much credit here, I kind of like that they're sort of flipping the script on the usual teenage/pressure to have sex storyline where rather than the cliche horny boy pressuring his not ready girlfriend, it's the other way around. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

As awful as this show is, and chances are I may be giving the writers way too much credit here, I kind of like that they're sort of flipping the script on the usual teenage/pressure to have sex storyline where rather than the cliche horny boy pressuring his not ready girlfriend, it's the other way around. 

Oh I agree it's a nice change. And maybe if it were anyone but Carly's kid, I would feel differently. But I seriously wanted to smack her when she was all 'you realize you're the ONLY boy your age who doesn't want to have sex?'

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But I seriously wanted to smack her when she was all 'you realize you're the ONLY boy your age who doesn't want to have sex?'

I would, too.  It's wrong for boys to pressure girls into sex, and it's equally wrong the other way around.  Just because most teenage boys want sex (and I really don't think I can argue against that statement), doesn't mean there is something wrong with one that doesn't.  Or, wants to but doesn't think it's right. 

• Love 4