Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Who's dreaming the fake-out stabbing?  Because no way can Nelly inherit if she stabs him in front of witnesses, during their wedding.

Probably Carly's.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2018 at 8:25 PM, RedRockRosie said:

I'm telling you, people taken hostage on soaps  have no bodily functions from the waist down and never smell like normal humans.

This always bugs me too....seriously. Talk about stench.

He definitely looked like he smelled like shit today, so, kudos? I guess? To the show?

• Love 5

I hope that at some point in the future, whatever poor character they decide to pair with Michael calls out the BS he is doing right now.  I don't know, maybe I am in the real minority here, but I have an issue with him going through this whole marriage thing making vows that he knows with 100% certainty he has no intention of keeping. It's marriage vows - not a third grader crossing her heart and hoping to die.

And, like many, I'm wondering what on earth the actual plan here is.  Does Chase think Nelle will choose him over Michael which will make it easier to bust her?  As far as she knows, she's the subject of the Spin Doctors song Two Princes.  She's got the rich Michael who wants to marry her and the kind Chase who wants her to run away with him.  Since she is a sociopath, she is incapable of love so it's not like she is going to "follow her heart" with Chase.  She's going to go with whichever option better benefits her. That's Ritchy Rich himself.  So, either this plan is going to be straight up stupid (what I'm banking on) or not make any sense with regards to the characters.  Ugh.  Nelle and all her storylines have annoyed me since day 1.  When her her last day?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't know, maybe I am in the real minority here, but I have an issue with him going through this whole marriage thing making vows that he knows with 100% certainty he has no intention of keeping. It's marriage vows - not a third grader crossing her heart and hoping to die.

I agree, but it's not like marriage means much on a soap in general.  Look at his role models.  Carly has been married to AJ (who she hated when she married him), Sonny (multiple times), and Jax.  And was she married to that other mobster whose name is escaping me, Diego's father?  I don't think Sonny has been married as many times, but he impregnates pretty much every woman he meets:  Olivia, Carly, Alexis, Ava.  Then, we have Alan and Monica.  For Port Charles, they're practically a beacon of stability, but how many times did they cheat on each other?  Even Jason and Brenda got married just so one of them wouldn't have to testify against the other.

• Love 2
(edited)

Previews...

Me: Congratulations, writers!  You actually have Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) attending a family wedding as a couple!  Here's a cookie.

The Writers: Huh?  They're going because Brad is besties with Nelle.  Who is Lucas related to?

Me: ....I'm gonna need that cookie back.

49 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't think Sonny has been married as many times

Lily, Brenda, and Connie's Ghost.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

it's not like marriage means much on a soap in general

Exactly, and even when it's taken relatively seriously, the couple has usually had to proclaim that any previous relationships were nothing compared to the current one. So, it's not as if the sanctity of marriage is ever all that revered.

It will never happen, but I'd love it if Nelle got wise to why Michael was marrying her and then sued him for fraud. I think Nelle is pointless, but I don't want Michael to get full custody of their baby and shut her out.

• Love 5

And that, like the one to Lily, was a marriage of convenience, too. (Though Sonny eventually seemed to develop genuine feelings for Lily.) Sonny is no stranger to using marriage to further a particular agenda. And one could argue that marrying Claudia was more dangerous than Michael marrying Nelle, but since it's Sonny, it's an entirely different situation.

• Love 1

Oh I get that marriages on soaps are a joke.  All you have to do is look at Liz and Franco and listen to her wax poetic about how Franco is her one true love and that no other relationship could ever compare to what she has with Franco.  And I get that no marriage will ever last on a soap.  I just don't care for the storylines where marriage is used as a tool. I would also die from shock if they ever had a marriage happen, be free from cheating, and actually be successful. Those do exist out in the real world, writers.  Heck, that'd be more shocking than yet another "who's the father" storyline.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh I get that marriages on soaps are a joke.  All you have to do is look at Liz and Franco and listen to her wax poetic about how Franco is her one true love and that no other relationship could ever compare to what she has with Franco.  And I get that no marriage will ever last on a soap.  I just don't care for the storylines where marriage is used as a tool. I would also die from shock if they ever had a marriage happen, be free from cheating, and actually be successful. Those do exist out in the real world, writers.  Heck, that'd be more shocking than yet another "who's the father" storyline.

Steve and Audrey?  Tom and Alice on Days?  Tony and Tania were married successfully until she died.  Sean and Tiffany?  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Until they retconned it to make Lewk Teethan's father, Luke never cheated on Laura while they were married. And there was NO reason to have Patrick cheat on Robin except for PLOT! reasons.

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Steve and Audrey?  Tom and Alice on Days?  Tony and Tania were married successfully until she died.  Sean and Tiffany?  

Sean cheated on Tiffany with that woman DA who went all Fatal Attraction on him. I believe it was Tiffany who killed her. Robert and Holly. No infidelities there. And until they were "killed," Robert and Anna. Frisco and Felicia. Gail and Lee Baldwin. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Linny said:

Given Sam's leisurely path to suspecting Liesl is involved in Peter's disappearance (it took weeks of P.I. work to conclude that a known crazy lady with a history of abducting people and tons of motivation to hurt Peter might just be the culprit, really, Sam?), I'm amazed she so quickly questioned Nina's West Nile story. 

I'm amazed she still walks upright, given her low-energy vibe.  Maybe next they can do a cutting edge story where Sam is diagnosed with iron-deficient anemia.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I would also die from shock if they ever had a marriage happen, be free from cheating, and actually be successful.

It's interesting that we're talking this because I was just musing from the opposite side, when's the last time we saw an affair storyline where people were, despite themselves, rooting for the cheating couple, which they easily, soapily could have done with Jason/Sam/Drew.  Because now cheating seems to be these one-off plot point things, i.e. Dante and Valerie or Kiki and Griffin.

• Love 2

I am confused by this plan of Michael's, because the plan doesn't seem to be to stop Nelle as she's trying to kill him, but for him to fake his own death.  So...he'll pretend to die when she tries to kill him? Although he wouldn't know her plan until she actually implemented it, right?  Wouldn't that be a problem if he thought she was going to try to drown him, but in actual fact she was going to push him off a cliff?

This would be a MUCH better story if we didn't know that Michael was setting this all up.  If TPTB let the audience think that she was planning his demise and he was the innocent victim, and they didn't reveal until later that he actually set her up.  Maybe I'm too big a fan of murder mysteries, but I think that would be better than this.  So Nelle is being set up. I don't like Nelle, so why do I care?

When did Nelle first tell Michael that she was pregnant?  Because omg, this feels like the longest pregnancy on tv ever.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

When did Nelle first tell Michael that she was pregnant?  Because omg, this feels like the longest pregnancy on tv ever.

I just googled it and it was the week of 12/4, so almost 7 1/2 months ago.  Not out of the realm of possibility, but it seems like friggin' forever.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I just googled it and it was the week of 12/4, so almost 7 1/2 months ago.  Not out of the realm of possibility, but it seems like friggin' forever.

She is literally ready to pop the baby by now. What is the show waiting for?

• Love 1

On year 478 of the Nelle plot...

Today's wedding ,which should have been a big fun summer thing, showed me how I don't care about any of the characters on today.  Maybe Drew, Chase and Kevin a smidge but not enough to make me watch.

Carly is doing a good job of proving why she needs to be in Ferncliffe.  Personally I was rooting for Mary Pat. Carly is going to ruin Michel's (incredibly stupid) plan and she will be praised by all.

Oscar's and Joss' unrelenting' hate for Julian and Ava is a black hole of annoying.

I did like the natural conflict between Lucas, Carly's sister, and Brad, Nelle's friend.  That was well done.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Steve and Audrey? 

I don't remember all that well because those were ancient days when my aunt watched and I had better things to do like play with dolls but I think there were a number of problems during that marriage.

• Love 4

I guess we were supposed to root for Carly and be all, "Hell yeah!" when she busted in?  Not quite, Show.  This story - schemer is finally foiled by heroine - does not work BECAUSE CARLY IS NOT A HEROINE!

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess we were supposed to root for Carly and be all, "Hell yeah!" when she busted in?  Not quite, Show.  This story - schemer is finally foiled by heroine - does not work BECAUSE CARLY IS NOT A HEROINE!

I don't care what ne Ile does to Carly because I hate her n

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oscar's and Joss' unrelenting' hate for Julian and Ava is a black hole of annoying.

Joss has a legit reason to hate Ava (the Morgan shenanigans), but Oscar's dislike of Julian is so childish, especially since Julian has done a number of nice things for Oscar (and Joss)—letting him hold the alternative-prom at the gastropub, etc. I get that Oscar wants his parents together, but said parents don't really know each other anymore. His whining about them not being a couple isn't going to make it happen.

• Love 6

Let's play Which Member of Michael's Family is the Biggest Jackass?* 

Is it Joss, for her snooty reply to Ava's compliment on her dress?

Is it Lulu, for refusing to smile and flatly stating she was at the wedding under duress?

Is it Bobbie, for her farcical funeral ensemble? (You're going to be a great-grandmother, Bobbie, time to grow up.)

Or is it Carly, for faking a panic attack and assaulting a woman so she could storm into the wedding like a WWE wrestler entering the ring?

I mean, damn, they all hate Nelle, I get it, but everyone acted like a child today and it was a really embarrassing spectacle.

*Carly, the answer is always Carly.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Let's play Which Member of Michael's Family is the Biggest Jackass?* 

Is it Joss, for her snooty reply to Ava's compliment on her dress?

Is it Lulu, for refusing to smile and flatly stating she was at the wedding under duress?

Is it Bobbie, for her farcical funeral ensemble? (You're going to be a great-grandmother, Bobbie, time to grow up.)

Or is it Carly, for faking a panic attack and assaulting a woman so she could storm into the wedding like a WWE wrestler entering the ring?

I mean, damn, they all hate Nelle, I get it, but everyone acted like a child today and it was a really embarrassing spectacle.

*Carly, the answer is always Carly.

Man, when you list them out like that, it's like Carly and the Carly-ettes.

Did we hear where Monica was?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Linny said:

She said it to Olivia though, it's not like she announced it to the whole room. I liked her dress, for once they gave ER something that fit her.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss has a legit reason to hate Ava (the Morgan shenanigans), but Oscar's dislike of Julian is so childish, especially since Julian has done a number of nice things for Oscar (and Joss)—letting him hold the alternative-prom at the gastropub, etc. 

That was ridiculous of Oscar. He's lucky anyone wants to hang out with him.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's interesting that we're talking this because I was just musing from the opposite side, when's the last time we saw an affair storyline where people were, despite themselves, rooting for the cheating couple, which they easily, soapily could have done with Jason/Sam/Drew.  Because now cheating seems to be these one-off plot point things, i.e. Dante and Valerie or Kiki and Griffin.

Kind fo related, I was wondering when is the last time they let two actors go because there was nothing more to be written for the couple. Sean and Tiffany? There was also Karen and Jagger but I think both actors might have left on their own, not sure.

re: Steve and Audrey, Steve had an affair that resulted in Jeff Webber, but I think that might have been before he met Audrey. (Audrey is not Liz's biological grandmother.) And there was Audrey's marriage with that guy who fathered Matt Ashford's horrifically boring character. Tom Hardy?

The writers should have had Monica be on one of her cruises of convenience.

Nelle's performance today reminded me of that chick's performance from The Room. "Honey, he can give you finacial security!" "Whatever mom. I don't love him. He hit me last night. Snooze."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

So the scene with Ava and Oscar was a whole lot of nothing. It was just her noticing that he was wearing Melt, Morgan's cologne. If Oscar is taking pictures of all these people, will one of them also note the similarity to Morgan's cologne.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

So the scene with Ava and Oscar was a whole lot of nothing. It was just her noticing that he was wearing Melt, Morgan's cologne. If Oscar is taking pictures of all these people, will one of them also note the similarity to Morgan's cologne.

I don't get what the point of Ava noticing it is. She already knows that Nelle manipulated Carly into a breakdown.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was wondering when is the last time they let two actors go because there was nothing more to be written for the couple.

I think it's more that the writers are bored, so we get the "story-line dictated departure" to give everyone a smidge of dignity. And I also think if the actors are important enough, the writers will always find something for them. Case in point: Sonny and Carly get different versions of the same story, but there's no way they'll ever be written out. 

I'm actually kind of annoyed that Carly crashed the party.  At this point, I was kind of hoping to see if MIchael, wonderkid, would have been able to pull off this great plan.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

GH is the only soap I have ever watched. Any lasting relationship on it was long ago. I just get annoyed that everytime a wedding happens, I now think that it is likely the end for that couple.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

On year 478 of the Nelle plot...

Today's wedding ,which should have been a big fun summer thing, showed me how I don't care about any of the characters on today.  Maybe Drew, Chase and Kevin a smidge but not enough to make me watch.

Carly is doing a good job of proving why she needs to be in Ferncliffe.  Personally I was rooting for Mary Pat. Carly is going to ruin Michel's (incredibly stupid) plan and she will be praised by all.

I did like the natural conflict between Lucas, Carly's sister, and Brad, Nelle's friend.  That was well done.

I don't remember all that well because those were ancient days when my aunt watched and I had better things to do like play with dolls but I think there were a number of problems during that marriage.

There are very few characters left that I either love or love to hate. Curtis, Drew, Chase, Kevin, and Leisl come to mind. And they have managed to make me root for Julian.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get what the point of Ava noticing it is. She already knows that Nelle manipulated Carly into a breakdown.

I think it's because she told Nelle to get rid of any evidence, Nelle insisted she got rid of everything that could link her to Carly's breakdown, and now Ava realizes that Nelle screwed up with the cologne.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ava doesn't know about the cologne though.  Nelle stole it from Ava's place when she was getting rid of a box of Morgan's old stuff.  Somehow I don't think Ava would approve of that part of Nelle's plan, considering her feelings for Morgan. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Perkie said:
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ava doesn't know about the cologne though.  Nelle stole it from Ava's place when she was getting rid of a box of Morgan's old stuff.  Somehow I don't think Ava would approve of that part of Nelle's plan, considering her feelings for Morgan. 

Ava also doesn't know that Nelle lost that same bottle and Joss found it in her bag and just gave it Oscar without asking Nelle why she had a bottle of Morgan's cologne.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss has a legit reason to hate Ava (the Morgan shenanigans),

Yes and no.  At the time that she snarked out Ava, I was fine with it because of Morgan's death, but then I remembered that she seems to adore her stepfather, who killed her brother's bio father so Joss needs to take a seat or two about Ava.  

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She let her get away with the penguin crap though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Linny said:

I just wish she would put those bewbs away, just once.  'They're always on the verge of putting someone's eye out, even when she's is her nurse's uniform. 

And why on god's green earth anyone would do to their face what JZ has done to hers.......no words.  When I google old picture of her, in her early GH days, she was so damn cute.  I will never believe that her naturally aged face would look any worse than that puffy plastic mask she's sporting now.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/10/2018 at 11:05 PM, TVbitch said:

Un-fucking-watchable. I would rather watch fucking soccer.... SOCCER! ... ... okay I wouldn't but I swear to God I am almost there!!

I’ll be going to ICC match between Liverpool FC & Borussia Dortmund on July 22 in Charlotte, NC.

149CBD81-F2C3-424B-94BB-0510F22C3896.jpeg

Edited by DeafAngelboy23
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Yes and no.  At the time that she snarked out Ava, I was fine with it because of Morgan's death, but then I remembered that she seems to adore her stepfather, who killed her brother's bio father so Joss needs to take a seat or two about Ava.  

That shouldn't really matter to Joss though. She didn't know AJ from Adam, and killing of a brother that she did know greatly trumps killing of one of her slut mother's baby daddy's. However, she should be pissed at Sonny for all the crap he pulled on her own father, Jax. 

• Love 5

Sam's dress was very Miss Kitty's-in-mourning, LOL. Bobbie's outfit fit right in.

Oh, god, those dumb test results. Call Nelle's bluff, Ava! Griffin is the one who shouldn't have run them in the first place!

Did Michael—or anyone else—ever try to simply buy Nelle off with a giant check? Money is what she wants, right?

If Nelle wanted to rile up Carly, she should have made sure that comb was in the photo. Carly isn't going to love that Joss loaned it to Nelle.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'm actually kind of annoyed that Carly crashed the party.  At this point, I was kind of hoping to see if MIchael, wonderkid, would have been able to pull off this great plan.  

He might still. I can't see them taking it all away from Michael. I did think Carly busting in was classic soap, and a decent Friday cliffhanger, for a change.

2 hours ago, LillyB said:

I thought that it looked like Joss got a clue about Nelle today.

She walked in on Nelle and Chase kissing and didn't seem to buy Nelle's explanation. Now I want Joss to not forever hold her peace when Ned asks if anyone has a reason the wedding shouldn't happen.

• Love 3

Oh I giggled at Bobbie in the black dress, I took it as a bit of comic relief, as well as Oscar taking the pic of Olivia and Lulu and their faces looked like they just smelled a fart.

Sam looks slightly less comatose in her scene wih Drew.  That's as close as she gets to having chemistry with anyone.

• Love 6

The impact of Bobbie being dressed in black was significantly lessened by Sam also being in black. 

If they're going to try and sell Jason and Sam, KM needs to dial it back in the way she looks at Miller.  Though I guess it doesn't matter; I'm not buying that Sam is feeling any pull towards Jason at all.

Michael's fate - Oh, how I wish I cared.

Jon Lindstrom is successfully walking that thin line as to whether or not he's a good or bad guy right now.  I guess we'll know when, or if, we find out who's being held in the next room. Unless that gets dropped, as FV sometimes does with story.  Today he seemed to be in the good guy camp, but just enough with the facial expressions that it could still be up in the air.

Chase was so wooden today. Maybe he got his script at the last minute.

Carly is an idiot.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, amaranta said:

The impact of Bobbie being dressed in black was significantly lessened by Sam also being in black. 

I know! Especially since we saw Sam first. Way to step on your own "joke," Show.

• Love 6

What was Jason Morgan's original beef with the Qs? Oh right, they were too controlling, they didn't like the decisions he was making, they wanted him to be "Jason Q". Now Michael, a grown ass man running a multi billionaire dollar, (eventhough he was a gigantic ungrateful, entitled prick the only time he worked for Edward Q when he was alive). Now Jason, Carly and Sonny are trying to run Michael's life, same thing they always looked down their noses at the Qs. 

I think Monica wasn't featured bc, what the hell are they are going to say to her:

Jason: "Did you know Nelle killed her last finacee?"

Monica: "Did you know your best friend murdered my son, your brother, and my grandson's mother helped cover it up? I know, its difficult when people don't get justice they deserved. "

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

What was Jason Morgan's original beef with the Qs? Oh right, they were too controlling, they didn't like the decisions he was making, they wanted him to be "Jason Q". Now Michael, a grown ass man

Jason doesn't really recognize Michael as a man, nor do S&C. Jason has missed out on years of Michael's life, which I think plays a part in his behavior. S&C literally only think of Michael as their greatest long-term possession, so of course they're going to react when he tries to show independent judgement.  They, especially Carly, behaved much the same way with Drew when they thought he was Jason.

Jason's scene of trying to talk Michael out of his plan with the "you can't do this to your parents" crap showed astonishing lack of awareness.  First, if Jason really understood how Michael thinks, he would have guilt-tripped him by saying "It would break Josslyn's heart if you died." Second, Michael was an innocent kid when he spent years in a coma as a direct result of S&C's choices. I wished someone, probably Tracy, would just appear and say "He can't do this to them? He almost lost his life once because of them. You do remember that, don't you Jason?"

Also, what is with Michael's "hostage" line? Is he seriously trying to say that because the baby hasn't yet been born, it's a hostage?!

• Love 11

"A hostage" is anyone who Sonny, Carly, Jason and Michael don't have complete say over.

16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jason has missed out on years of Michael's life, which I think plays a part in his behavior.

Michael was an adult when Jason "died" but CarSon and Jason have continue to treat him as a child. Strangely Sonny is the one least infantilizing him.

For all the bitching about how terribly the Qs treated Jason and why he had to be "saved" by Sonny, they treat Michael far more like the adult that he is than Carson does.

• Love 7

@Bringonthedrama, yes he missed out on 5 years of Michael's life, but that was what, Michael's late teens, early twenties? A lot of people miss out on those years, because those are the years that kids often decide to leave the nest. Jason isn't AJ, who came home to find Michael a full grown man from the child that was taught to despise him. If Jason doesn't recognize Michael as a man, then he needs to own up to he actually not being much different than the Qs or any other person. Jason is a giant hypocrit. Though if the show addressed this, they would probably frame it like they did when Carly told Monica this year that AJ more or less deserved her treatment of him, unlike poor Michael being preyed on by Nelle. 

• Love 4