Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

My theory is that the actress wanted to ensure she had lots of work, so she pursued being paired with RoHo as Franco.

RoHo and MSt wanted out of their pairing, Franco was still bombing, Elizabeth/Lake was trashed and JP/SA dumped Franco on Elizabeth.  Yes, BH mentioned that she had always wanted to work with RoHo based on his work from OLTL, but for ME it has to be character DRIVEN and not some BS to keep the man on screen.  I just don't see Elizabeth ever being nasty toward ANY rape/sexual assault victim (Sam/Michael) when she has her own past and what Emily went through with Connor Bishop.

Friz keeps some of those crazy JaSam, SaD and SamFF from their usual antics when they see Elizabeth sharing scenes with Jason/SBu.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Yes, BH mentioned that she had always wanted to work with RoHo based on his work from OLTL, but for ME it has to be character DRIVEN and not some BS to keep the man on screen. 

That's the thing.  It's not like there's zero chemistry between them.  But for me, it has never made character sense for Liz to, tumor or no, date the man who kidnapped her newborn son from the hospital the day he was born with the intention that she never see him again.  She just wouldn't.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Right. I don’t, in theory, object to RoHo and BH being paired onscreen (and I don’t blame an actress at all for wanting a pairing that guarantees her screen time and some job security, not that I believe for a second that BH has the clout to demand it), the problem is Franco. The role should never have been recast. Howarth could have been anyone. A doctor, maybe. Or a for-real art therapist. He could still be Scotty and Heather’s son, if the writers were bent on that. 

(I actually thought it would’ve been interesting if he was Tom Hardy. Granted, he couldn’t then be romantically paired with Herbst, because he’d be her uncle, but they could have family scenes and it would be nice to have more Hardys.)

• Love 12

I have had a busy couple of weeks and am trying to get caught up.  I'm currently on Tuesday's episode so maybe it will get corrected later, but has no one bothered to tell MB that there is no "t" in Alzheimer's?  It is not "all-timers" as he keeps pronouncing it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Howarth could have been anyone. A doctor, maybe. Or a for-real art therapist. He could still be Scotty and Heather’s son, if the writers were bent on that. 

I KNOW. I will never understand why the writers chose to make him Franco. It was problematic from the get-go, and then the writers double down by having him stalk Elizabeth, throw a man in a dog cage, etc. And now I'm supposed to be concerned the wedding won't happen? Nope, nope, nopity, nope. RUN AWAY, ELIZABETH. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. (Literally, given Franco's history.)

• Love 14

also, going back 2 weeks (still playing catch up) - who died first-  Nathan or Faison?  Because, if Faison died first, and Nathan is actually the son referenced in the will (a fair assumption since he re-wrote his will after finding out about Nathan), I can see how Maxie is legally entitled to his fortune (which we all know she doesn't want).

But, if Nathan died first, how would Maxie legally be entitled to any of it?

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Uncle Scott's

Don't you mean he's Uncle Steven Lars's half-brother? Though I wonder if Elizabeth's boys know they have an Uncle Steven Lars.

Edited by dubbel zout
when you're correcting someone else, it's nice to be accurate yourself
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

also, going back 2 weeks (still playing catch up) - who died first-  Nathan or Faison?

I wanna say Nathan?  I think we saw LWB/FS crowing at Faison's bedside the same day Maxie et. al were reacting to Nathan's death.

• Love 1

Nothing against RoHo, he's a good actor, but no one could make Franco palatable. The character is so far out of the range of acceptable behavior that I cannot relate to him in many way whatsoever.  Creating the character in the first place just so James Franco the actor could have the experience of daytime television for his educational curriculum vitae was probably the stupidest thing the writers have ever committed against the viewers.

• Love 7

So an earthquake hits Port Charles and Liz isn't going to go be with her boys.  She's not going to go to the hospital and help the wounded.  Nope, she's gonna sit around a wrecked church on the off chance the guy who just stood her up at the altar shows up and have sad flashbacks of him.  GIRL, PLEASE!!!

My poor Scotty, of course he's the one who gets seriously wounded.  I did like Kevin helping to get him to the hospital and reluctantly admitting that Scotty would do the same for him.  Aw.

Did Sam or Jason express concern for Monica that I missed?

• Love 19

That romantic Liz/Franco montage could not have been anymore inappropriate given the circumstances. This woman's got three kids who could be hurt or scared by the massive earthquake, and she's sitting on her hands waiting for prince charming to show up. She doesn't have any confirmation that her children are safe, she's just assuming they are, and her top priority is reuniting with Franco. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. And I'd like to thank Sam for being the perfect contrast to Liz, because she immediately made sure her kids were safe and sound BEFORE checking on her husband. 

Franco surely could tell that Mike is mentally addled, yet he still treated him with way too much attitude. Why does he always have to be such a massive jerk? It's not quirky or endearing, it just sucks.

Jordan making sure Curtis didn't skip out of jail by handcuffing him to the hospital bed was probably the cutest, most enjoyable interaction I've seen from them. It was a nice lighthearted departure from the more serious situations everyone else was handling.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So an earthquake hits Port Charles and Liz isn't going to go be with her boys.  She's not going to go to the hospital and help the wounded.  Nope, she's gonna sit around a wrecked church on the off chance the guy who just stood her up at the altar shows up and have sad flashbacks of him.  GIRL, PLEASE!!!

And the destruction of Elizabeth Imogene Webber is complete. Thanks, GH!

• Love 7

Are Joss and Oscar in a fridge or a freezer? If the latter, shouldn't the soda be frozen?

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And the destruction of Elizabeth Imogene Webber is complete. Thanks, GH!

I think of the character BH is playing as Franco's girlfriend. She's the third actress playing her, the first two were Laura Wright's and Michelle Stafford.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think of the character BH is playing as Franco's girlfriend. She's the third actress playing her, the first two were Laura Wright's and Michelle Stafford.

I will have to start looking at it this way. 

I think Franco and Nina were a logical couple, tbh. Two extremely damaged people coming together is a classic romantic trope. But I'm not sad the actors asked to be unpaired. There's no way in hell Carly would ever hook up with the man who facilitated her son's rape. I don't care what excuses/reasons the show gives. And the Elizabeth thing is sheer desperation on the show's part to keep Franco around. There's no one else to pair him with.

ETA: If Joss and Oscar are in a freezer, what is soda doing in there in the first place? Cans and bottles can explode due to expansion.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And the Elizabeth thing is sheer desperation on the show's part to keep Franco around. There's no one else to pair him with.

We need to be so thankful for the small miracle they haven't tried to pair Franco with Sam.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no one else to pair him with.

Ava?  I actually think MW and RoHo have chemistry but that's more because Maura has chemistry with everything and everyone.  

49 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

We need to be so thankful for the small miracle they haven't tried to pair Franco with Sam.

Holy crap, the obsessive Sam fans would lose their collective ish if that ever happened.  They'd bring Twitter down.  

If Joss and Oscar are in a freezer, what is soda doing in there in the first place?

They brought them in there to drink, because that's what you do when you're teenagers in love.....find the closest freezer to drink orange pop and make out.  

3 hours ago, LadyDot said:

Creating the character in the first place just so James Franco the actor could have the experience of daytime television

People complain about how Ron wrote in eleventy pregnancies and gave us a bunch of babies we didn't need, but to me, the worst mistake he ever made in the history of ever, was bringing Franco back from the dead.  Just so wrong on so very many levels.  

• Love 11
22 hours ago, fishcakes said:

think kidnapping Avery was after the tumor was removed, but I'm not 100% sure.

You're right.  I looked it up and the tumour was taken out July 2013 and Avery was born Halloween 2014.

Which makes Liz's tumour defense even worst since Franco's been doing crap since the tumour and that was almost 5 years ago now.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Perkie said:

If Joss and Oscar are in a freezer, what is soda doing in there in the first place?

They brought them in there to drink, because that's what you do when you're teenagers in love.....find the closest freezer to drink orange pop and make out.  

Ah, I haven't see today's ep yet.

• Love 1

Elizabeth would be checking in on her boys and then heading to the hospital and not waiting on that freak at the church.  Ugh.  I HATE what this show has done to a twenty year vet, because they refuse to let Franco die (permanently!) or bring RoHo back (if they MUST) as Todd Manning.

I was totally unimpressed with the earth quake.  The story should have ripped off MHC and wound the clock back 24 to 48 hours and give us some dead bodies (Nina, Franco, Valentine, Peter, Amy, Nelle, etc)...

• Love 8

I don't know about anyone else's experiences but I've been a caretaker for two people with Alzheimers, both my Mother-In-Law and my Father, and neither one of them would have EVER told anyone they had Alzheimers. Mike telling Sam that's why he didn't remember her name would never happen.  Alzheimer patients go out of their way to deny and hide. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Alzheimer patients go out of their way to deny and hide. 

Yep, I thought that too.  Plus Jason acted like he had no idea what was wrong with Mike, yet Sonny told him about the diagnosis.  

• Love 4
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Elizabeth would be checking in on her boys and then heading to the hospital and not waiting on that freak at the church.  

Ugh.  I HATE what this show has done to a twenty year vet, because they refuse to let Franco die (permanently!) or bring RoHo back (if they MUST) as Todd Manning.

A) I can fanwank that Elizabeth might not feel a need to go to her boys because they're with Bobbie (who's been a nurse for many more years than Liz has), but she would be trying to call Bobbie on her phone as she tried to rush to the hospital to help care for the casualties. The ONLY man Elizabeth would ever wait on at a church in the midst of a crisis, hoping he'd show up, is her ex-husband Lucky Spencer (as played by JJ) who raised her eldest son during his formative years, who raised her middle son until he was kidnapped at almost four years old, and who is the father of her youngest son.  I wish that "Friz" montage had started with Liz's introduction to Franco - JJ's Lucky coming to see her at the nurse's station and warning her that a dangerous man who considers himself an artist and is obsessed with Jason, might approach her, and that he was sending a patrol car to the house to protect her and the boys. Lucky said her relationship with Jason is a matter of public record, so that was why Franco would be interested..

B) Preach it, Darlazr!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6

Dubbed Zout, your comment reminded on one time my brother-in-law brought some beer over to my parents’ house and put it in the freezer. As they were sitting at dinner in the dining room, they heard some explosions. Yep, the beer exploded in the freezer! My mom made him get up and go clean it all up before he could eat his cold dinner. How he cleaned up frozen beer is beyond me but somehow, he did. We still laugh about that.

As if making Elizabeth fall in love with Franco wasn’t a big enough slap in her face, the writers make her stay in that chapel instead of doing what would (and should) come naturally to her- check on her kids and head to the hospital. A pox on these terrible writers!!! Please let Franco have a heart attack under that locker and die on the spot. Cannot stand that character!!

• Love 5

If Frank wanted to redo the sets, he didn't have to destroy them in an earthquake, LOL.

When Oscar's voice cracked as he yelled, "We're stuck in here!" I found that extremely endearing.

Ugh, of course Ava gets a cut on her face and she's concerned about scarring. Can they stop with that, please? 

The radio announcement about the damage range cracked me up: Charles Street and surroundings got hammered, but two specific streets are just dandy. What about the rest of Port Charles?

• Love 6

Oh Mike, it would be awesome if you can never remember what happened to the man that he found in the construction site.

For the most part, all the medical staff were scattered where people got hurt  in the earthquake.

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, of course Ava gets a cut on her face and she's concerned about scarring. Can they stop with that, please? 

And then she gets all annoying because Kiki wanted to go to the hospital and help out.

• Love 1

I officially hate Kiki. I was indifferent about her for a while but her getting all pissed at Ava for using Mike to get ONE FREAKING NIGHT with Avery was ridiculous. But, Kiki is just one of many who is so far up Sonny's butt that she can tell you what he had for dinner. Sonny and Carly are horrible for keeping Avery from Ava considering all they have done in the past but somehow Ava is in the wrong for wanting to see her daughter. This fakakta show.

• Love 14

I was sympathetic toward Ava wanting her daughters with her, but then she ruined it by whining about Lauren wanting to go the hospital. What about health professionals doesn't she understand?

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Text from my friend (whose favorite character is Liz): "LIZ YOU'RE A NURSE GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!"

I can't believe Elizabeth's instincts told her to stay at the church and wait for Franco. Your city is in a state of emergency, Nurse Webber!

• Love 7

Your city is in a state of emergency, Nurse Webber!

Even Kiki, who's been a medical professional for five minutes, knew she should go to the hospital and help out any way she could.

But Liz stays behind to sit around like a princess in a tower?  W.H.A.T.?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, LadyDot said:

Nothing against RoHo, he's a good actor, but no one could make Franco palatable. The character is so far out of the range of acceptable behavior that I cannot relate to him in many way whatsoever.  Creating the character in the first place just so James Franco the actor could have the experience of daytime television for his educational curriculum vitae was probably the stupidest thing the writers have ever committed against the viewers.

No, the stupidest thing  was keeping the character and recasting. I agree with your assessment completely. I don't even like looking at him on screen.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The radio announcement about the damage range cracked me up: Charles Street and surroundings got hammered, but two specific streets are just dandy. What about the rest of Port Charles?

I'm amazed that there was no radio report how the earthquake affected Sonny.

• Love 18
(edited)

You guys, this is SUCH a boring soap disaster.  Almost everybody's already been found and rescued, nobody's dead or even hurt all that bad.  What the hell is the point?!?!

And I CANNOT with Liz waiting in that church.  She's acting like Franco was delayed because of the earthquake, but that's not what happened at all, she had already decided he wasn't coming and had changed and sent the boys away before the earth started shaking.  I'm sure her (ugh) steadfast devotion was supposed to come off as romantic, but she just looks like such a stupid idiot.

ETA...AFTERSHOCK!!!  I hope it brings that church down on stupid Liz's head.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17

I've gotta get me some of those church candles.  Not only did they withstand an earthquake, but they're still standing and still lit.  

Uhm, Dr Kim, when trying to thaw out frozen children, it's best to take them out of the freezer first.  Putting extra clothes on them while they're still in there will sort of slow down the process.

i must have missed it but why couldn't Carly and Nelle leave the gallery?  

• Love 4

Oh good.  An aftershock.  Is Michael trapped in the elevator with Amy? Is Sam going to need to be saved by Jason or some reason?  Will Franco and Elizabeth experience this one together thereby solidifying their relationship even more?  I am waiting with bated breath.  No wait.  Turns out it was just reflux.

• Love 4

It wasn't enough that a nine-months-pregnant-with-Scout Sam had to save Franco because of Liz's manipulation, now Sam and Jason had to save him, and it was Sam telling Jason to not let him die because the anger isn't worth it? This dumb show!

• Love 9

Honestly, whenever they show Jason or Sam hating Franco, I find myself rooting for Franco. That ass is all high and mighty because his actions are justified in his own mind.  Franco did some messed up stuff, but as far as Jason and others know, it was because of the brain tumor.  Franco told him that today and Jason said that he didn't care that Franco had a tumor and was out of his mind, that his actions, whether he was aware of them or not, are inexcusable.  Jason, on the other hand, has done some messed up stuff such as killing countless people and all because Sonny told him to do them. He was fully aware of his actions the entire time. Further, Franco didn't intend for Michael to get raped and didn't rape Sam (no, not saying that makes any of his actions okay, just go with me here).  Jason fully intended to kill and torment every single one of his victims. I don't think Jason has the high ground here.

Then, today when Nelle was all "oh no I think I'm having the baby", I was rooting for Carly when she was telling Nelle to knock that crap off and to shut up and sip her water.

Stupid show. I hate Nelle so much that I find myself not hating Carly when they are around each other.  I am actually rooting for someone who appears to toe the line between sociopath and psychopath because they have propped up Sonny and Co. so much that I just can't cheer for them. How can the writers be this ridiculously bad at their job?

• Love 9

Liz and Franco's reunion was vomit worthy. Every single other character on this show took active steps to help victims of the earthquake, so sorry, GH, I'm not impressed that a NURSE let her mindless devotion to a man override any sense of duty to help her community.

Nelle is such a caricature these days. "Michael's my baby's father. He put his penis in my vagina and now I'm pregnant. He will always care about me because this baby is his. This is Michael's baby inside me. Michael's. Baby." I don't know that I can take how ever many more months of this pregnancy.

I was actually proud of how Sam handled herself today. Franco has burdened her and Jason enough, they don't need his death weighing on their shoulders. They don't have to forgive the things he did to them, but letting that wound stay open by seeking vengeance will only hurt them in the long run. It's better to wash their hands of him and move forward without the cloud of Franco's actions hanging over them.

• Love 4
(edited)

Franco shanked and buried Heather alive, ran off with Nina and Avery, stalked and harrassed Elizabeth (puke), held several folks in a room with a bomb, kidnapped Tom and held him a dog cage, etc.... and that was POST tumor over the last five years.

Elizabeth's trashing is now complete as she sits on a chair crying her eyes out over a serial killing rapist.

Here we go with another lame ass JaSam scene where they're stuck together in some room, while Drew and Kim are in a similar position.  Dumb.  I see zero chemistry in this triangle / quad.  Kim has chemistry with Julian.

So, let's have Jason and Sam having to save the man that tortured them from 2009 until he should have remained dead in 2012.  This is some stupid crap.  I would rather watch Carly and Sonny have sex and their vomit inducing just like Friz!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Oscar "drama" is just . . . zzzzzzzzz. In the time they were sitting in the freezer, they could have taken Oscar to the hospital. But I get it, Drew is with Kim and Sam is with Jason and this whole thing is just bad.

I feel sorry for Mike.

I hate Liz and her Franco love. 

Why are Sam and Jason looking for a dog tag? Just buy another one tomorrow.

Nelle, I just can't.

The new detective has a really nice voice, but he also sounds like a robot. Also, no one really seems to respect him, which sucks for him. As a non Liz fan, though, I thought that the 5 seconds scene she had with him showed more chemistry than years of vomit inducing Franco, but here she is, waiting for that piece of trash. Sam and Jason suck for not walking away from him. Pretend they did not see him. But nope. 

I hope FV knows that it doesn't matter how many characters absolve Franco, he's still despicable. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6