Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

how can maurice bernard play this stupid sonny character for over 20 years? either he thinks he get other work or noone else will hire him. same stories all the time. he hurts someone,they forgive him,hes a murderer, doesnt stay in prison.

they should call ask man landers dumb ass landers. did amy and nathan really think nooone would ser nathans face? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, seasons said:

Um, didn't Bobbie used to be a prostitute?

She was a teenager who was forced into it, so I don't hold it against her. However, she's done enough questionable stuff since then that she shouldn't be so judgey. That's what really bugs me about Bobbie today: no historical perspective. And it's really off-putting to see a woman of her age be so bitchy toward a woman of Nelle's age. Dislike her? Fine; but otherwise? Ugh. Barbara Jean Spencer, you are an adult. Supposedly. (™ now and forever Silas Clay)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

Why can't Ned and Olivia move into their own house, and she can do what she wants for the kitchen? I can't stand her. Is she supposed to be a stereotypical stubborn Italian woman? She looks like a Latina to me anyway. 

Stupid storyline. 

A middle school drama club could write better stuff than these absurd stories that almost border on insulting. I keep hoping it will get better.

• Love 2

After seeing Jason getting shot today, I found myself wishing they'd just do a Doctor Who-type regeneration. Billy's hands could start to glow, then there'd be flames, and suddenly Steve Burton would be totally recovered from the bullet wound. It'd be a lot easier for me to accept than whatever will be going on next month.

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, rur said:

It'd be a lot easier for me to accept than whatever will be going on next month.

Ah come on.  Are you saying your not waiting with bated breath to find out that Franco is actually Billy's Jason twin.  Or that Billy and Steve's Jason are twins.  Or that Steve's Jason and Franco are twins.  Or wichever combination of those stuck to the bulletin board when the writers were throwing darts at it?  It will be EPIC, and EXCITING, and COMPLETELY SHOCKINg.  Or so my Facebook feed has been telling me for two months.  

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, rur said:

After seeing Jason getting shot today, I found myself wishing they'd just do a Doctor Who-type regeneration. Billy's hands could start to glow, then there'd be flames, and suddenly Steve Burton would be totally recovered from the bullet wound. It'd be a lot easier for me to accept than whatever will be going on next month.

That would be amazing.

But this is GH, so the screen would get all blurry and that's about it. But that would still be amazing, even with crappy special effects.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The only thing I'm waiting for is the two minutes of screen time Monica will get to be a part of it.

LOL, as if Monica will get any screen time. She'll probably hear about whatever happens from someone like Sonny, and then it will be another three months before we see her again.

• Love 5

It's sad when Nelle and Michael are the best things about an episode. And they're pure fast forward material to me.

Ditto Olivia and her obsession with doing her own cooking. And her back-stabbing husband.  (I'm sure Ned is going to do the dirty on Michael soon.)

So that's it for Sonny being out of the mob?  I could have held my breath that long.

Why did Felicia tell Maxie her vague suspicions instead of talking to Nathan himself?  You're a PI, get your facts first.

1 hour ago, seasons said:

Why can't Ned and Olivia move into their own house, and she can do what she wants for the kitchen?

They don't even need to move into their own house, the gate house is empty.  I have no idea why they are living in the main house with Monica.

1 hour ago, rur said:

I love it!  You know it's going to be 100x better than what they come up with.  (Probably something stupid about blood types or previous injuries.)

• Love 2

Shut the fuck up Olivia. Who the fuck INSTALLS A BIG EXPENSIVE PIZZA OVEN ON PROPERTY THEY DON'T FUCKING OWN? She didn't even mother fucking ask Monica?  I just can't. And she still hadn't done what Monica apparently explicitly told Olivia to do: apologize and get Cook 2 back.

Ned, I can tell how to fix Olivia's kitchen issues. MOVE! Hell, just move to the Gatehouse. If Ned, Lois and Brooklyn could live there, Olivia and Leo should be fine. Or how about this for a crazy concept?  Buy a house! How about Sonny's old penthouse and renovate it? Perhaps the old Ward home?

As for Ned v. Michael, go Ned. At least Ned went with the Quartermaine name. Mikey is back to Corinthos. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They still don't have a nanny? I thought they were going to get help while Sam was recovering from ladybrain disease?

Speaking of her . . . when I saw Sam crying in the previews I wanted to punch myself in the face. Obviously that should be her reaction but that is all they have had this character do for I don't even know how long. 

And Maxie slapping Amy is just . . . really? This is what they brought her back for? Okay.

6 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Shut the fuck up Olivia. Who the fuck INSTALLS A BIG EXPENSIVE PIZZA OVEN ON PROPERTY THEY DON'T FUCKING OWN? She didn't even mother fucking ask Monica?  I just can't. And she still hadn't done what Monica apparently explicitly told Olivia to do: apologize and get Cook 2 back.

Why are they giving Olivia "stories"? Just let her be a talk-to character, stop giving these "comic" "plots" to her.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They don't even need to move into their own house, the gate house is empty.  I have no idea why they are living in the main house with Monica.

FV is not paying for another set. If they move out they'll end up living in the MetroCourt until FV runs the show into cancellation

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Monica is a Cardiac Surgeon, Chief of Staff and, in her spare time, a grandmother/nanny.  She is a busy woman who delegates the running of her household to her staff.  Cook2 is essential in keeping Monica's homelife running smoothly.  Olivia has caused a huge disruption in Monica's life and she refuses to make it right.  In fact, Olivia, the bull in a china shop, Quartermaine, bulldozes ahead and orders a commercial grade pizza oven for Monica's kitchen.  Those things are huge and would most likely require some remodeling of Monica's kitchen.  Good on Monica for taking charge and rehiring Cook2.  I love the fact that she put a digital lock on the toaster oven.  If only Cook2 could put a lock on Olivia's mouth.

• Love 11

I never liked Olivia F., and did she really take over Monica's own home?! She's lucky Monica didn't dropkick Olivia's ass into the street, Ned or no Ned.

But then Olivia is a woman that still defends a sleazebag ex that shot her kid in the chest, so...

Then again, so does said kid.

This show is a massive clusterfuck.

• Love 13

My Facebook feed just reshowed me the final scene from today, and here's a question...

Why did Max toss the gun to Sonny?  He had the gun, he could have shot the bad guy, instead, he tosses the gun to Sonny, who hesitates, giving the bad guy a chance to shoot at Sam/Jason.  

The stupid, it burns.  

• Love 9

LOL at the city shot of Marrakesh. Usually they just put the title on the lame set they've cooked up.

That music they used when Sonny asking if he and the other mobsters had a deal was hilariously overwrought. 

Yes, Olivia, the nerve of Monica to hire back Cook 2 and for Cook 2 to destroy your dream of a pizza oven in the home you don't own and seemingly have no respect for. Ugh. Why is this a story? I'm with ulkis that Olivia should be a talk-to character. 

Uh, Amy, how about reading a contract before signing it?

Wow, Billy got a squib and everything when Jason got shot. The way that sequence was blocked and shot was so stupid. Everyone had years to do something, and no one does.

• Love 5

Is it too much to hope that Alan and Monica lost/thought they lost a son at birth in the '80s, and it turns out to be BM's Jason? (Assuming BM's character isn't AJ.) Monica should have another kid; she's lost too many. And baby Scout needs to still be a Q grandkid.

I know it's petty, but I really want to see a conversation in which Kristina is stupidly chirping about her dad and stepmom being back together, and says something positive about Carly, which causes Valerie to look noticeably upset, or at least frown a bit. 

K: "Valerie, what's wrong? Do you have a problem with Carly?"

V: "Sort of. Her voice killed my mom."

K: "Oh. Sorry. Wow...."

V" What?"

K: "I just realized, it's ultimately Carly's fault that you and my brother had an affair.  She'd be proud if she realized that - my stepmother has a gleeful history of messing with marriages."

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The nanny's name is Monica.

Why hasn't someone raided poor dead Leticia's family again to snare more child care help? Mercedes was Leticia's cousin. Poor Leticia. To be murdered by Zombie serial killer Diego. I still say that Michael should be seen crying over the loss of his real mother, Leticia. The woman raised him(with Jason), practically from birth. And someone should've pointed the resemblance between Sabrina and Leticia to Carly. Just to see Carly become instantly jealous. And laugh at her.

Everything about this stupid show is terrible right now.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Jumping ahead 15 years or so, I don't know how to feel about this Valerie/Kristina business. How cool that Valerie is okay with not only going to the lesbian night but kissing Kristina to make Parker jealous, but they'd never have written the same story back in the day with Lucas and a male character who had been written for years as enthusiastically straight. But lesbians are the gay characters who get "displayed." You'd almost think they were targeting this story to a straight male audience. Not that I think they can do justice to any gay characters, male or female.  

My Gen X brother was visiting and saw the Lesbian bar scene with Kristina, Parker, and Valerie. He got a knee-slapping laugh out of it, saying "those are all lipstick Lesbians...where are the short-hair butch ones?"

• Love 1

All that mob meeting needed was a guy with an eye patch stroking a cat to complete the parody feel of it.

also, Sam continues to be an idiot.  At this rate, it's a good thing she doesn't seem to ever be around her kids.  Maybe that way they'll make it to adulthood.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

And she still hadn't done what Monica apparently explicitly told Olivia to do: apologize and get Cook 2 back.Ned, I can tell how to fix Olivia's kitchen issues. MOVE! Hell, just move to the Gatehouse. If Ned, Lois and Brooklyn could live there, Olivia and Leo should be fine. Or how about this for a crazy concept?  Buy a house! How about Sonny's old penthouse and renovate it? Perhaps the old Ward home?. 

Well, I thought that that might be where it was heading, in that last scene, with Ned's "solution" that will be "better for both of [them]." What else could it be but them moving out of Wacko World? It's the one part of this story we agree on, stlbf. They're obviously a couple of means; they can afford a nice place of their own where Olivia can have her own kitchen...which clearly is something that means a lot to her, and I get that.       

I have to say, again, if I were in Olivia's position, I'd feel the same way. Hell would freeze over before I'd grovel to Cook2, and if Monica puts psychotic hired help above the family members she ostensibly wants to keep close, she can have the whole place to herself. Whichever portions of "the whole place" she doesn't allow the hired help to forbid her from entering.

Also, again, what newly married woman would want to live under the thumb of her husband's ex-lover? There's just no reason for this ridiculous living arrangement other than set economy and "Har har, Quartermaine family hijinks." And so many Qs have died or left town that that's just a sad shell of something by this point. We're a long way from the days of Edward, Lila, AJ, Skye, Emily, Dillon, Tracy, et cetera, having some semblance of a family life together.    

6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Monica is a Cardiac Surgeon, Chief of Staff and, in her spare time, a grandmother/nanny.  She is a busy woman who delegates the running of her household to her staff.  Cook2 is essential in keeping Monica's homelife running smoothly.  

Because it would be utterly impossible in the world of Port Charles to hire a cook who doesn't throw things, bully the family, and treat the kitchen of the house where she's an employee like her own banana republic. It absolutely has to be that cook. This "cute" story has always been as offensively divorced from reality as the mob stories are. If I'm supposed to see the point of view of Cook2 and actually regard her as a plausible human being, they're going to have to hire an actress and give her a face and some lines explaining why she acts the way other characters tell us she acts.  

9 hours ago, Linny said:

Olivia's quest to cook every Italian food ever is exhausting. Doesn't she ever just want a hamburger? I like Ned, and I want to like Olivia, but it feels like the writers go out of their way to make her as one dimensional as possible.

Flying to Morocco and taking selfies with Michael is the best day of Nelle's life? Time to raise the bar, honey. Carly looked like a creep staring at that picture for five hours. I'm not at all buying her change of heart regarding Michael and Nelle. Carly will take any chance she has to get information she can use to lord over someone.

Maxie has never met a conclusion she wouldn't jump to, so of course she assumed the worst of Nathan. Maybe now he'll actually talk to her instead of keeping this secret for no good reason. 

That slow motion sequence was so damn cheesy. I'm so glad Sam will have something else to feel guilty about and to cry over, because it's been a good 48 hours since I've seen Sam's cry face and I've almost forgotten what it looks like. 

• It was all as cheesy as a pizza pie. Cute couple [not] Olivia and Ned practically had a food fight. I wish that Olivia had wound up with some dough mashed in her hair.
  • Michael and Nelle should be on a honeymoon in a place like Morrocco. not a marketing trip. And how did Nelle suddenly get a passport? She's never expressed an interest in travel.
  • Bobbie's too-long, tousled, improbably red, garish hair is a style that is too young for her.  Bobbie's hair and ever-tight clothes effectively echo her cheesy past and style as a street-walker. Her obsession with fresh-faced Nell as an evildoer is  a sad indication of her jealousy toward younger women and their open future of opportunities.
  • Maxie and Nathan deserve each other. Neither will grow a brain, and they don't share one as a couple either.
  • The slo-mo sequence wins this week's Cheetos grand prize. It is choreographed slapstick, like a pool shot set up to fire off a sequence of actions that drive a causal chain of events, such as balls knocking one another into pockets on a pool table. And ironically we're left to endure Sam's guilt and tears for everyone's actions.
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
  • Bobbie's too-long, tousled, improbably red, garish hair is a style that is too young for her.  Bobbie's hair and ever-tight clothes effectively echo her cheesy past and style as a street-walker. Her obsession with fresh-faced Nell as an evildoer is a sad indication of her jealousy toward younger women and their open future of opportunities.

JZ is a perfect example of a woman (and this applies to some celebrity men as well) who's only sunk deeper into the quicksand of aging by fighting it so hard. I'll bet she'd be lovely today if she'd had less done to her face, let her hair be whatever color it naturally would be (or chosen a less aggressive coloring option), and dressed like a woman in her mid-sixties. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Well, I thought that that might be where it was heading, in that last scene, with Ned's "solution" that will be "better for both of [them]." What else could it be but them moving out of Wacko World? It's the one part of this story we agree on, stlbf. They're obviously a couple of means; they can afford a nice place of their own where Olivia can have her own kitchen...which clearly is something that means a lot to her, and I get that.       

I have to say, again, if I were in Olivia's position, I'd feel the same way. Hell would freeze over before I'd grovel to Cook2, and if Monica puts psychotic hired help above the family members she ostensibly wants to keep close, she can have the whole place to herself. Whichever portions of "the whole place" she doesn't allow the hired help to forbid her from entering.

Also, again, what newly married woman would want to live under the thumb of her husband's ex-lover? There's just no reason for this ridiculous living arrangement other than set economy and "Har har, Quartermaine family hijinks." And so many Qs have died or left town that that's just a sad shell of something by this point. We're a long way from the days of Edward, Lila, AJ, Skye, Emily, Dillon, Tracy, et cetera, having some semblance of a family life together.    

Because it would be utterly impossible in the world of Port Charles to hire a cook who doesn't throw things, bully the family, and treat the kitchen of the house where she's an employee like her own banana republic. It absolutely has to be that cook. This "cute" story has always been as offensively divorced from reality as the mob stories are. If I'm supposed to see the point of view of Cook2 and actually regard her as a plausible human being, they're going to have to hire an actress and give her a face and some lines explaining why she acts the way other characters tell us she acts.  

Monica (and apparently all of the Qs and their guests love Cook 2's food) is the sole owner of the mansion. She pays the wages and bills. She is the boss. If she wants to tolerate a temperamental cook/chef, then that is her business. Monica said something about how she is not an easy boss, she wants things done and Cook 2.0 does what Monica wants. Monica doesn’t want to deal with the kitchen. Which is fine. It is her home. She pays for a 24/7 staff/cook. And she is fine with people being barred from the kitchen if Cook does her job. Cook 2 doesn't need to be seen. We know plenty from family conversations. If Olivia cannot live with Monica's decisions,  then she can leave. She doesn't pay the bills, she has little to say in Monica's matters. The fact that she just decided to build a freaking pizza oven on Monica's land is mind blowing. I'm starting to believe that Monica will be perfectly ok with Cook 2 tormenting Olivia. The bitch doesn’t get the concept of it is NOT HER HOUSE TO JUST MAKE CHANGES! I'm waiting for Olivia to decide that she hates roses and tries to take out Lila's rose garden. Without asking.

I just don't get why Ned just doesn't surprise Olivia with the Gatehouse. I can understand why he wants to stay. It is his family home. He has lived much of his life there. I can see Ned wanting what little family his has left to be around. He is used to the antics of the staff. Olivia isn't. Which is why it is crazy that neither Ned nor Monica has suggested moving to the the Gatehouse. Hell, wasn't Morgan living in the a damn cabana/boat house on the Q grounds? 

If the show actually does go with a Ned vs Michael for ELQ storyline, then Michael and Ned living together could amp up the drama. But the drama will still be there if Ned is in the Gatehouse. Off the Q property,  maybe not. Easier for Ned and Michael to listen in on any secret plans the other might be making.

• Love 6

I quit this shit show about six months ago. I come back and it's the same lame mob story lines.  Fuck Sonny. I did enjoy Ava/Griffin. Please don't let Kristina go fatal attraction on Valerie.

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

The fact that she just decided to build a freaking pizza oven on Monica's land is mind blowing. I'm starting to believe that Monica will be perfectly ok with Cook 2 tormenting Olivia. The bitch doesn’t get the concept of it is NOT HER HOUSE TO JUST MAKE CHANGES! I'm waiting for Olivia to decide that she hates roses and tries to take out Lila's rose garden. Without asking.

STLBF, I agree with your entire post except for the mention of Lila's rose garden. I don't want the writers to get any ideas for more Olivia hijinx.  :)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Speaking of her . . . when I saw Sam crying in the previews I wanted to punch myself in the face. Obviously that should be her reaction but that is all they have had this character do for I don't even know how long. 

And Maxie slapping Amy is just . . . really? This is what they brought her back for? Okay.

Why are they giving Olivia "stories"? Just let her be a talk-to character, stop giving these "comic" "plots" to her.

My need to punch myself in the face began when Sam stormed through the door yelling "Jason!", because it's always a good idea to distract someone with a gun in his hand, especially when someone else has a gun pointed at said person. Oh! Kudos to the poster who said Jakeson should have regenerated into SBu ala Doctor Who. Genius!!!!

I actually didn't mind Maxie slapping Amy after first slapping Nathan only because I always want to smack Amy in the face. This show is making me immune to violence.

Also, Olivia, shut up.

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I never liked Olivia F., and did she really take over Monica's own home?! She's lucky Monica didn't dropkick Olivia's ass into the street, Ned or no Ned.

But then Olivia is a woman that still defends a sleazebag ex that shot her kid in the chest, so...

Then again, so does said kid.

This show is a massive clusterfuck.

Again, Olivia, shut up. 

"This show is a massive clusterfuck" Tshirt, I'll take 1 medium, 1 large, and 1 xtra large in every available color.

• Love 7

how would have olivia explained a huge brick pizza oven to monica?

how many  mob movies did the writers watch over the years for the mob stories

they should change up the mob stuff and do an analyze this story with sonny and andre.

• Love 1

The problem I have with the Olivia/cook drama is that it is so damned forced.  Anyone (Ned, Olivia, Monica, anyone) with half a brain would either puts limits on Olivia living in someone else's house or have them move.  It makes no sense that Oliver is so obsessed with cooking everything herself when she has a toddler and a fulltime job. A normal person would be glad to be able to hand something off.

The problem that I have with the Sonny/Jason/mob/Sam crying drama is that it is so damn boring and obvious.

• Love 2

Aside from her bout with lady-brain disease, has Sam carried a gun since FV started? Or worked as a PI? Or done anything outside of girlfriend/wife/mother? 

Are the women basically interchangeable now?  Do any of the female characters have any identifying characteristics? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The problem I have with the Olivia/cook drama is that it is so damned forced.  Anyone (Ned, Olivia, Monica, anyone) with half a brain would either puts limits on Olivia living in someone else's house or have them move.  It makes no sense that Oliver is so obsessed with cooking everything herself when she has a toddler and a fulltime job. A normal person would be glad to be able to hand something off.

See, to me, that isn't the part that makes no sense. I don't have trouble believing she has a passion for cooking. It's not as though they yanked that out of their asses for post-wedding conflict. It's one of the "standard Italianisms" they've made part of Olivia's character all along, even pre-Ned. Also, not a cliché that came into existence for no reason re: Italian and Italian-American women. Even setting aside ethnicity, there are people for whom cooking is a chore they're happy to hand off, yes, but there are people who really find fulfillment in it, both the process and the product that can be shared with others.  

What never made a damn lick of sense to me was all the Quartermaine Cook 1 and Cook 2 stupidity. Who would ever tolerate that from a paid employee? It's insane. And I get it, it's supposed to be cute and funny, the rich powerful family who fight like Huns and show each other no quarter are scared of this woman we never see who is represented only by sounds of carnage in the kitchen. Let's just say for 20 years, or however long it's been going on, I've never been in danger of herniating myself from laughing. Even when there were people in the story like John Ingle who could do comedy.

I'm not a huge fan of unseen characters, as readers here can probably tell. Cheers did it pretty well with Norm's wife Vera, but we weren't in his home all the time, so I felt we were kind of like other people at the bar who would just be hearing the tales.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

They'll probably add details to it. She was part of an abusive Heathers-like clique with two other girls who had had organ transplants. Maxie, being "Heart," had the highest status. She and "Pancreas" bullied "Kidney" when it was just the three of them, but they presented a united front in terrorizing everyone else.  

• Love 8

For the same reason a restaurant will let a chef run their own kitchen. They turn out great product and it provides cachet for the restaurant

On 8/30/2017 at 0:06 PM, Asp Burger said:

What never made a damn lick of sense to me was all the Quartermaine Cook 1 and Cook 2 stupidity. Who would ever tolerate that from a paid employee? It's insane. And I get it, it's supposed to be cute and funny, the rich powerful family who fight like Huns and show each other no quarter are scared of this woman we never see and is represented only by sounds of carnage in the kitchen. Let's just say for 20 years, or however long it's been going on, I've never been in danger of herniating myself from laughing. Even when there were people in the story like John Ingle who could do comedy

And it seemed to amuse them.

Plus, Monica has lost her entire family, she gets to decide who fuckin cooks in her house

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

Plus, Monica has lost her entire family, she gets to decide who fuckin cooks in her house

Well, again -- move out, Ned and Olivia. Olivia will be able to live and cook under normal-person rules again, Monica will have more empty space, and Cook 2 will be able to lavish her unmatchable genius on smaller quantities with no one there to annoy her. A win for everyone.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

For the same reason a restaurant will let a chef run their own kitchen. They turn out great product and it provides cache for the restaurant

And it seemed to amuse them.

Amen! Why else would people willingly work under demanding bosses? Ala, Chef Gordon Ramsey? Cook 2 seems to do her job well enough to make Monica happy. So Monica allows Cook's kitchen exclusivity demands. 

And yeah. If Monica is cool with Cook being the only cook in MONICA'S kitchen, Olivia can shut the hell up! 

Fuck, Olivia has a whole damn hotel kitchen to putz around cooking. 

This Olivia vs Cook 2 is maddening. It really isn't Cook 2. It is disrespecting Monica. I really want Monica to go to Metrocourt and start firing employees and ripping down wallpaper in front of Olivia. It probably is the only way to beat it into Olivia's numbskull brain how ludicrous Olivia is acting. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, LillyB said:

Why is Nelle dressed like an extra from Game of Thrones?

Well, every time Michael and Nelle get together, I imagine Cersei and Jaime....

Edited by NutmegsDad
A Dad of a Nutmeg does not know how to spell....
  • Love 6

Double OMZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, we're supposed to believe that Nelle, a.k.a. Janelle, is some kind of black widow/femme fatale?  Girl, please.  I knew her secret was going to be stupid, but this is just beyond.

Speaking of stupid secrets, yet another anticlimactic reveal, with Maxie dismissing the Man Landers nonsense in two seconds.  So boring.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Aside from her bout with lady-brain disease, has Sam carried a gun since FV started? Or worked as a PI? Or done anything outside of girlfriend/wife/mother? 

Are the women basically interchangeable now?  Do any of the female characters have any identifying characteristics? 

Maxie's still ditzy, I suppose.

Sam had the PI stuff investigating the who planted the bomb in Morgan's car. Maybe there was more, but that's all I can remember. 

Nelle, Janelle, Cottonelle--doesn't matter what they call her or how many times they recreate her backstory, she's still too basic for words. She was so amateurish last year when she manipulated Sonny and Carly (remember how she sent herself flowers and planted her bra in Sonny's bedroom?) that there's no way I believe she's savvy enough to snag a rich fiancé and orchestrate his death. Nope, try harder.

Nathan revealed he's Man Landers and Maxie's fine with it. Cool, glad we wasted the past few months on this secret that has changed absolutely nothing, then. And it seems as if Amy's cool with Maxie now, so that's another source for drama flushed down the drain.

I'm dying over the fact that Sonny miraculously had an emergency medical kit tucked away in the warehouse. Safety first! I'd like to propose a moratorium not just on Sam crying, but on Sam speaking in general. "Please, Jason, please, come back to me, Jason, please." The man was just SHOT, quit pleading for something that will make you feel better and focus on making him feel better. Ineffectual blather is not helpful in a crisis situation.

• Love 11
On 8/28/2017 at 1:15 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I think BM is too old to be AJ's son. (I know BM is younger and he sometimes seems his age. But sometimes he seems older to me. So, to me, it would be weird.)

To be fair, this show apparently hates AJ so much that he could have been an evil, future fatty, alcoholic at puberty.  He was probably stealing alcohol as a wee lad and terrorizing our Lord and savior Jasus. And stealing his  food.

Re: BM's age.  Eh it's a show that wants us to believe small children and babies are older than teens and young adults.  I don't think the age difference between Jason and AJ is that much tbh.  I also think Helena would want to turn AJ into Jason because 1.) AJ is the one who would be ELQ Head Grande Leader in Tracy 's absence.   She knows Jason would give it to Micheal, which is like giving it to known criminals Sonny and Carly.   Micheal would involve them somehow, voting him out,  and voting her patsy in . 2.) Sam marrying and having a kid with Jason's drunk and fat evil brother is totally a soapy, Helena "F U " move.  It's just a bonus that other people are affected too.  3.) It screws over Liz too and her kid, which screws over the Spencers.     

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Double OMZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, we're supposed to believe that Nelle, a.k.a. Janelle, is some kind of black widow/femme fatale?  Girl, please.  I knew her secret was going to be stupid, but this is just beyond.

Speaking of stupid secrets, yet another anticlimactic reveal, with Maxie dismissing the Man Landers nonsense in two seconds.  So boring.

Hold up.  Her disguise name is literally her real name minus the 1st two letters?   Wow.   When you think they can't be lazier.....

• Love 4

Well thank goodness they finally found a way to get Jason out of that warehouse. Other shows manage to get wounded people to the ambulance right away but I was afraid he was going to have to walk out of there on his own two feet.

Can someone explain to me why Nelle would want to kill her rich fiance?  That's beyond stupid.  Why wouldn't she wait till they were married and she could inherit his money? And speaking of stupid, anyone who takes a kayak out in the ocean without a life jacket on board, even just tucked in at his side, deserves what he gets.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Even setting aside ethnicity, there are people for whom cooking is a chore they're happy to hand off, yes, but there are people who really find fulfillment in it, both the process and the product that can be shared with others. 

Sure. I even enjoy cooking sometimes myself. But there are ways to work around a situation where it is someone else's kitchen without coming in like a wrecking ball. When you move into someone else's house, you have to live by their rules.

The story is not only stupid, it's not even entertaining.

2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Fuck, Olivia has a whole damn hotel kitchen to putz around cooking.

The Metro Court chef probably won't let her in there either.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

This Olivia vs Cook 2 is maddening. It really isn't Cook 2. It is disrespecting Monica. I really want Monica to go to Metrocourt and start firing employees and ripping down wallpaper in front of Olivia. It probably is the only way to beat it into Olivia's numbskull brain how ludicrous Olivia is acting. 

This I would return for and watch. And didn't the Qs own the prior hotel on the land where the MetroCourt now stands? If so, have something come out that the deed to the land and change of ownership was never made legit, so Monica now owns the place. It would make Olivia nuts AND piss off Carly.

There is no downside here!

• Love 7