Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

i dont even understand this toxowhatever story. where were all the animals when sam gave birth? we didnt hear or see any cats,birds,or whatever.

stupid  sonny cant even manage to maybe climb the barrels or throw his cellphone up to the top.why does he see so much of himself in his kids? no credit to their moms? he would have michael take over the business.? michael wants to embrace his quarter maine side. 

is that Oscar kid going to put that bullet in a scrapbook?

i dont even understand this toxowhatever story. where were all the animals when sam gave birth? we didnt hear or see any cats,birds,or whatever.

stupid  sonny cant even manage to maybe climb the barrels or throw his cellphone up to the top.why does he see so much of himself in his kids? no credit to their moms? he would have michael take over the business.? michael wants to embrace his quarter maine side. 

is that Oscar kid going to put that bullet in a scrapbook?

• Love 1
On July 28, 2017 at 3:01 PM, rur said:

Not only that, but how they embody all of Sonny's wonderful character traits. I love how he really never changes, even to his last line of the day -- not a cry for help, but an order: "Get me outta here!" Oh Sonny, oh Maurice.

It's been quite a while since MB got an Emmy, so I guess this'll be his reel for next year. 

I noticed that. But I also noticed Jason's version when Sam was seizing  - I SAID I need help in here!!!!  It was a threat rather than a cry for help.  Acting like the thug he is. 

• Love 7
On July 29, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I really thought this was going to be ret-conned - that yes, teenage Alexis had sex with Julian in the back of a car while drunk, but it was not long after she'd been raped by Stavros. Teenage Alexis wants to escape/forget about the trauma, so she goes to a bar to feel "normal."  So later when she  finds out she's pregnant, she has blocked out the trauma and believes she got pregnant from her night out being "grown up" because the alternative is too horrible to consider.  IIRC, Julian being a bone marrow match to Danny was 'confirmation' that he is Sam's bio father.  Or did I miss Sam and Julian getting a DNA test? I recall that before Julian got outed as not-Derek Wells, Alexis wanted to compare Sam's DNA to Lucas's, to confirm if they were half siblings. That could be hand-waved away by some lab tech making an error (maybe Lucas' birth mother was somehow related to the Cassadines).

In theory, I really liked this idea back when we didn't know Sam's father.  If it was Stavros, Sam would be a Cassadine two times over, and finally step into that Cassadine role, rather than being Sonny's cheerleader and Jason's partner in crime/bitch.  It was such a waste that they never made more of Nik's and Sam's cousin relationship.  But then they'd have to admit that Kristina and Molly are C's, too.  It could have been the Davis Coven versus Helena.  But that's way too much girl power for this show.  

And who needs another rape?  

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And who needs another rape?  

Not in favor of it at all - just saying I *thought* that was going to be the storyline direction, which would explain some of Alexis' past conversations prior to the casting of WdV, and seemed like a convenient "out" re: the Sam connection if WdV was leaving GH.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm actually all caught up, and I think I need therapy for sitting through 3+ weeks of this crap show over the last two weekends. As someone said upthread, there is no valid reason why.

And of course knowing that Sonny won't get sucked into hell laying in The Pit of Despair, just makes it that much worse.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11
(edited)

I don't see how the Show can have two Jasons simultaneously so that the audience understands. Are they going to retcon that the character of Jason was always twins from the get-go? That doesn't make sense given the back history of the Show storylines. If they want to bring the other actor back to the show, they should make him a different character. Of course that will be confusing to some also, similar to the different characters that preceded the current Dr Finn.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not in favor of it at all - just saying I *thought* that was going to be the storyline direction, which would explain some of Alexis' past conversations prior to the casting of WdV, and seemed like a convenient "out" re: the Sam connection if WdV was leaving GH.

So sorry!  I didn't mean to imply you were in favor. 

Messed-up age differences between parents and kids on TV and in the movies is nothing new. Jessie Royce Landis was only seven years older than Cary Grant when she played his mother in North by Northwest. Of all the problems with GH, that's one of the smallest ones, IMO.

A much bigger problem for me is that we have all these family ties that don't mean a thing. Elizabeth and Hayden are sisters. For what purpose? The only reason we're getting beaten over the head with it now is because Hayden is dunzo. Valerie is Lulu's sister? For what purpose? To sleep with Dante, but given that she was a stranger anyway, the family connection meant nothing. And now we barely see her, and there's never any mention of her with her other Spencer relatives. Franco is Scott's son (shudder). Again, for what purpose? It doesn't justify Franco's place on the canvas in any way.

Carly and Sonny's families aren't written well, either. GH completely fails Soap 101.

• Love 7

First TFGH absolves Morgan of going off his meds and getting blown up, not because Sonny planted a bomb, or Olivia planted a bomb, but because Ava tampered with the dosage.

Now, Sam's delusion to keep her family by shooting Sonny isn't just a case of plaximitoxicity (sp), but connected by the dots from Olivia kidnapping Sam, so it's unquestionally Julian's fault (by an act of omission).

I'm waiting to see which one -- Ava or Julian -- gets retroblamed for Silas' wife dying from the rare mystery disease (now cured). They can even rewrite the Raymond Berlin saga so that he's a patsy and Olivia actually cause the Great Depression (and thus, it's all Ava's/Julian's fault that the hospital almost got sold).

• Love 4
(edited)

I really don't know how the show expects me to feel something from Sonny praying about not wanting to die alone when he sat at AJ's deathbed and ordered him to die.

Nice professional ethics there, Liz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 22

LOL at everyone's annoyance at how long the brain scans are taking. As a veteran of CT scans and MRIs, I get it, but they take as long as they take, and you want them done right. Also, they don't necessarily tell you what you want to know.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really don't know how the show expects me to feel something from Sonny praying about not wanting to die alone when he sat at AJ's beside and ordered him to die.

Not to mention telling Ava he was glad she was burned and in agonizing pain. Ugh. Tell me again why no one can hate him?

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really don't know how the show expects me to feel something from Sonny praying about not wanting to die alone when he sat at AJ's deathbed and ordered him to die.

Let's not forget CryptSex!  He literally had sex on AJ's grave the day of his funeral.  He did this in the Quartermaine crypt where all the Quartermaines (including Lila) had been laid to rest. 

• Love 12

Leave it to Liz to aid and abet Carly's nefarious nature. I don't know why I expect better from Liz when she's been cheerfully shacking up with a serial killer for nearly a year, but it bothered me that she left her patient at Carly's mercy. Sure, throw professional conduct out the window to help SONNY of all people.

Spare me this Passion of Sonny Corinthos bullshit. He's not some beleaguered victim here. He's devoted his entire life to crime and it has led him to where he is now. I don't want to hear him confess to his sins and express his piety when he's spent his life ignoring the doctrines of his faith. I don't want to hear his compassion for Sam when he can't show any compassion for people like Ava. I don't want to hear that he's afraid to die when he never gave that consideration to people like AJ. It's really nauseating that I'm expected to witness this display by Sonny and feel sorry for him when I know that he is virtually incapable of showing a smidgen of humanity for anyone other than himself.

• Love 23
(edited)

"What better way to set a trap for Sonny than take his nephew hostage?" I can't with this nonsense. Those two are plot-point relatives, nothing more. And of course Laura won't be able to get angry with Sonny about Spencer getting kidnapped due to Sonny's bidness. I doubt Spencer will be able to comment, either.

Uh, Sonny, pride isn't the biggest sin of all. How magnanimous of him to ask God to help Sam because he knows "she's just in trouble."  FFS. 

Color me impressed Hayden's ex-husband decided not to take revenge on her with Dr. O. ETA: Damn, I posted too soon. He's getting his own revenge. I NEVER CARED.

Oh, Finn. Jason is the LAST person you ever need to feel sorry for. And Show, spare me Jason's pontificating about Sam's greatness as a person. I didn't like the implied threat to Griffin behind that, that if Griffin didn't figure out what was wrong with Sam and make her better, Jason would make him pay. Fuck off, Jason.

Show, stop teasing me with Griffin and Elizabeth. You're never going to put them together.

Oh, and how gracious of Carly to allow Jason to stay with Sam at GH while Sonny is in trouble.

Another ETA: I think we are still a day behind, and Sonny seeing [that person] was supposed to be a Friday cliffhanger.

Edited by dubbel zout
punctuation
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Say it with me . . . rhymes with hat  . . .

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)

lol at them giving Carly the shaky serial killer POV lens. Seems appropriate.

also lol at the glow emanating from Stone. Patrick probably felt that.

Nathan today putting his foot down with Nina's nonsense is probably the most I've ever enjoyed Nathan.

Obrecht is whinier than Spencer now.

Sonny has been on 17 episodes out of 22 in May, 17 out of 21 in June and 17 out of 19 in July. This is ridiculous. Who is MB blackmailing?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, ulkis said:

lol at them giving Carly the shaky serial killer POV lens. Seems appropriate.

I know. As if we'd be shocked it was Carly in Garvey's room. What cracked me up the most was the door opening by itself.

56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sonny has been on 17 episodes out of 22 in May, 17 out of 21 in June and 17 out of 19 in July. This is ridiculous. Who is MB blackmailing?

I don't think Luke and Laura got as much airtime even at the highest height of their popularity. We don't need to see Sonny this much. It's not as if we're allowed to forget he exists, since it feels like he's mentioned when he's not actually in a scene. Gah.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

This revenge plan is so lame, it's really beneath her.  Why she doesn't just chuck Dr. Michael Easton off a parapet, I'm sure I don't know.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

This revenge plan is so lame, it's really beneath her.  Why she doesn't just chuck Dr. Michael Easton off a parapet, I'm sure I don't know.

Seriously. Trying to involve some dumb ex-husband?  Dr. O should have a ready-made list of revenge scenarios and all she needs to do is pick the one that fits the situation. "Professional humiliation? Okay, that would be number 7, with the Linz variation."

I loved the look on Nina's face and her "Since when?" when Obrecht said she didn't hold a grudge.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Leave it to Liz to aid and abet Carly's nefarious nature.

I'm giving Liz a pass on this one, since Garvey was holding her hostage and would have hurt her if Carly hadn't shown up.  What drove me crazy was Garvey, who escaped federal custody had no police on his door, allowing Carly to waltz right in.  

• Love 7

Even with ABC News cutting in, and fast forwarding Sonny's Oh Lord, Hear My Prayer BS, this episode still took forever and was terrible at that.

Valentin's lip is bugging the hell out of me. Like wash your damn face already. I refuse to believe that he couldn't get that blood to go away.

Nina is STILL, to this day, acting like a teenager in love. Her giggly baby voice is cringeworthy.

And speaking of cringeworthy, I cannot stand the way that Dr. Michael Easton kisses. It seriously grosses me out. It's gross with every iteration of every freaking character he's played on this show. Quit inhaling her, you human vacuum.

Previews: Ava knows that everyone in this town worships the ground Sonny walks on, so of course she thought Sam was being weird.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'm giving Liz a pass on this one, since Garvey was holding her hostage and would have hurt her if Carly hadn't shown up.  What drove me crazy was Garvey, who escaped federal custody had no police on his door, allowing Carly to waltz right in.  

Yet he was handcuffed to the bed. As if.

22 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Even with ABC News cutting in, and fast forwarding Sonny's Oh Lord, Hear My Prayer BS, this episode still took forever and was terrible at that.

Valentin's lip is bugging the hell out of me. Like wash your damn face already. I refuse to believe that he couldn't get that blood to go away.

Nina is STILL, to this day, acting like a teenager in love. Her giggly baby voice is cringeworthy.

And speaking of cringeworthy, I cannot stand the way that Dr. Michael Easton kisses. It seriously grosses me out. It's gross with every iteration of every freaking character he's played on this show. Quit inhaling her, you human vacuum.

Previews: Ava knows that everyone in this town worships the ground Sonny walks on, so of course she thought Sam was being weird.

Also noticed that gross kissing by Easton. It's like he's covering her mouth with his for rescue breathing. Ew.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And Show, spare me Jason's pontificating about Sam's greatness as a person.

I was expecting to hear how she's "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart" but Carly probably had that trademarked.

• Love 5

What drove me crazy was Liz doing all that propping of Carly for saving her from Garvey.

Obrecht's revenge plot is ridiculous but Kathleen Gati is giving it her all.  I'm so used to people on this show being one note, shrieking like Carly or mumbling like Sonny, that her speeches are fun to listen to. In the car, being Lady Macbeth and pouring poison in the ex's ear, she went from creepy to vindictive to bored to child-like excited pointing out the photo of Rachel's new house to conniving again.

Everything else was yawn-worthy today.

• Love 4

Monday was a snooze. I've got nothing.  

In my version of reality, Sam got the toxoplasmosis from the toilet seat at Sonnybucks. Rolling in cat shit during the barn sex with Jason is an excellent alternative, though.  

Air time: Wasn't there a period in about 2010 when Dominic Zamprogna was really getting worked hard? I was following the episode counts back then, and his totals over a long stretch were jaw-dropping, especially for such a new character. Of course, that was back when Dante was having his pop-culture moment. The T-shirts, the young men all copying his hairstyle, the "What Would Dante Do?" bumper stickers, the doll they advertised coming back from commercial breaks...okay, none of that ever happened, but he was on a lot. I didn't mind, though.   

On Kristina/Lexi: There are ways to play a sullen, sarcastic character with layers, and younger actors than Lexi have found those ways, and she never does. The net effect is that I just want the nasty little piece of work that is her character to stay offscreen. It's not really written as though she has a horrible personality and everyone around her thinks so, so I don't think I'm "supposed" to see her that way. I wasn't even that much of a fan of the abuse storyline, because nothing in it made a lick of sense to me, and it took a real issue and made sensational, over-the-top crap out of it (the dead kid's father going on a vengeful rampage and all that). I felt she did with it about what a lot of actresses that age would have done, and back then I was more accommodating; she was about 17. I was a little sorry the guy who played Kiefer was wasted on it, but I'm not sure if he was "good" or just someone I thought could become good in time.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Air time: Wasn't there a period in about 2010 when Dominic Zamprogna was really getting worked hard? I was following the episode counts back then, and his totals over a long stretch were jaw-dropping, especially for such a new character. Of course, that was back when Dante was having his pop-culture moment. The T-shirts, the young men all copying his hairstyle, the "What Would Dante Do?" bumper stickers, the doll they advertised coming back from commercial breaks...okay, none of that ever happened, but he was on a lot. I didn't mind, though.   

Apparently, some board called him Every Day Dante he was on so much.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Apparently, some board called him Every Day Dante he was on so much.

I was SO SICK OF HIM in 2010. It took me years to get over it.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was expecting to hear how she's "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart" but Carly probably had that trademarked.

Sam's is "She's so cute and little and the prettiest girl you'll ever see but she's a fighter!"

• Love 1

So Stone came down from heaven...to listen to Sonny talk about Morgan?  That definitely gives weight to the rumors that it was supposed to be Morgan instead of Stone as Sonny's spectral visitor and Bryan Craig was supes busy.

Am I supposed to feel bad for Rebecca Budig?  She drove drunk, killed a kid, and let this guy take the rap for her.  Blackmail away, Mr. Rebecca Budig!  But oh gawd, you know Dr. Michael Easton is going to get up on a John McBain high horse when this comes out, never mind him being a drug addict who practiced medicine while high.

• Love 6

Wow, they pulled out all the stops today to convince us of Sonny's decency. I'm embarrassed by how overboard they went with it.

--Joss apologizing for bad mouthing Sonny and being assured he'd forgive her because he's MAGNANIMOUS. 

--Jordan wanting to save Sonny because he has been GOOD and KIND to TJ.

--Spectral! Stone encouraging Sonny to be a FIGHTER and to live for his kids because he's an AMAZING father.

--Prayer circle with Sonny's favorite prayer because he's so FAITHFUL.

It'd be great if the writers took half the energy they devote to brainwashing us into loving Sonny and put it towards writing compelling stories, but they won't, so this show and Sonny will continue to suck. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Wow, they pulled out all the stops today to convince us of Sonny's decency. I'm embarrassed by how overboard they went with it.

--Joss apologizing for bad mouthing Sonny and being assured he'd forgive her because he's MAGNANIMOUS. 

--Jordan wanting to save Sonny because he has been GOOD and KIND to TJ.

--Spectral! Stone encouraging Sonny to be a FIGHTER and to live for his kids because he's an AMAZING father.

--Prayer circle with Sonny's favorite prayer because he's so FAITHFUL.

It'd be great if the writers took half the energy they devote to brainwashing us into loving Sonny and put it towards writing compelling stories, but they won't, so this show and Sonny will continue to suck. 

Carly leading a prayer circle! Carly! I know she had one for Joss during the water toxin crap, and that was OOC too.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Stone came down from heaven...to listen to Sonny talk about Morgan?  That definitely gives weight to the rumors that it was supposed to be Morgan instead of Stone as Sonny's spectral visitor and Bryan Craig was supes busy.

I wonder how much/if they rewrote the dialogue once it was clear BC wouldn't be there.

News flash, Sonny: A lot of people around you died in ways that were so unfair.

Who made Curtis the sobriety police? I know he's friends with Hayden, but it's not up to him to make sure Finn stays clean.

How much did they have to pay for that mask Ava wears? It couldn't have been that cheap.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Am I supposed to feel bad for Rebecca Budig?  She drove drunk, killed a kid, and let this guy take the rap for her.  Blackmail away, Mr. Rebecca Budig!  But oh gawd, you know Dr. Michael Easton is going to get up on a John McBain high horse when this comes out, never mind him being a drug addict who practiced medicine while high.

Too bad Luke isn't around to tell her it's totes no big deal. I'm sure Finn will give her the "we've all done bad stuff in our pasts, but you're a better person now" song and dance, so yeah, blackmail away, Mr. Rebecca Budig!

• Love 2

So Hayden got raging drunk one night, had it out with her husband, drove drunk and killed a girl? And her ex took the fall for it?

What the fuck is this? THIS is her exit story? Or what leads to it?

I know Hayden's not AJFAT, but HELL, that WTF writing decision certainly FEELS like someone is pissed off at RBudig for something.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Vella said:

So Hayden got raging drunk one night, had it out with her husband, drove drunk and killed a girl? And her ex took the fall for it?

And none of this came out given she was a high profile public figure after what her father did?  Or the numerous times characters on this show investigated her?  Suuure.

Also?  A real Dr. Obrecht revenge scheme would involve gaslighting Rebecca Budig with this information.

• Love 13

Why would her ex trust her to pay him the money after he got out? You get it before you're tossed into jail, dude, so it's waiting for you when you're released. What a ding dong.

I might rescind my approval that he blackmail Rebecca Budig.

I think I love Garvey even more for lapsing into unconsciousness before telling anyone where Sonny is.

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder how much/if they rewrote the dialogue once it was clear BC wouldn't be there.

Answering my own question: Probably not much. Sonny is such a coward. He selfishly always thinks of making things easier for him and is always way too ready to die. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Vella said:

What the fuck is this? THIS is her exit story? Or what leads to it?

I know Hayden's not AJFAT, but HELL, that WTF writing decision certainly FEELS like someone is pissed off at RBudig for something.

I think @TeeVee329 is right, and it's more about giving Easton some manpain for Easton to emote over. 

41 minutes ago, Linny said:

Wow, they pulled out all the stops today to convince us of Sonny's decency. I'm embarrassed by how overboard they went with it

I SERIOUSLY don't get what the writers of this show are thinking.

• Love 6

I'm not looking forward to Easton's manpain.  He looks like he's constipated rather than in real pain.

I wanted to see Stone but I couldn't take St. Sonny.  (Remember when Stone was on and Sonny was a bad man?) Other than Mr. Rebecca Budig threatening her, it was a fast forward day.

• Love 1
Just now, Blackie said:

I SERIOUSLY don't get what the writers of this show are thinking.

I think when the ratings bombed when Ron was fired, the network thought it was partly because there wasn't enough Sonny. So they got told more Sonny and here we are. 

• Love 2

Whatever happened to Ava and Julian.  They start with them chatting about Sam and what happened with her and her anger towards Sonny and then they never went back to them for the rest of the episode.  

I do not beleive for one minute that 50 year old Sonny, after losing totes blood from a gunshot wound, and lying there for hours, would suddenly have the werewithal and strength to start climbing out of the hole hours after falling in, just because Ghost Stone told him to.  

Hey Carly, I know you're worried about Sonny, but remember when you told your BFF Jason that you'd be there for him while his wife suffers from 'birthing through your pants' disease or 'denim infectionitis'.    I mean, at least go back and tell him that you're going home.  Poor Jason's probably still in the waiting room, wondering why Carly's not back from the bathroom yet.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 13

Sonny spends days (it felt like days) suffering from his gun shot wound and the blood, oh the blood! and then suddenly he standing and walking around like he never got hurt?

I guess that Ava and Julian were there only to show how cray-cray Sam is that she went after Sonny.  I just wish it was to inspire Ava to go after him too.

37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Easton's withdrawal reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/IHVh_S9NGIU?t=96

Hilariously true.

• Love 3

She admitted to hitting a girl and that she would never walk again. Per her ex the child wasn't killed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

'birthing through your pants' disease or 'denim infectionitis'.   

Sam's clothes are always out to get her.  First her sky-high heels that always cause her to fall, now her pants.  It's only a matter of time before one of her Flashdance tops goes in for the kill.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Color me legit surprised that Carly acknowledged that Joss had a right to be angry with Sonny and Joss could stay mad for as long as she needs to.

Of course, she had to follow it up with a "you be mad as long as you want, that's just the way Sonny would want it." Yeah, you know Sonny. He's always so patient when it comes to people being angry at him.

• Love 18