Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I really loved Robin's speech. For me, she will forever represent what was so good and pure about the Nurses Ball. Thank you, show, for finally allowing NuJason to be there. I mean, Jason could be played by a cardboard box and I'd still be emotional because nothing will ever touch JnR's story and what that event meant to them.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Vella said:

Scotty should have punched Sonny and Dante both. Sonny for grabbing him and Dante for scoffing at Scott's complaint about Sonny. Just start punching these assholes Scott.  Everytime I feel like warming up to Dante, he again shows his Sonny fanclub lifetime member card and I hate his ass again.

Well, it's no surprise to see that whether it's Franco or Jason, Liz gets to do nothing, say nothing and play almost no role in what goes on with Jake. She's only the only consistent parent he's ever had. You can practically hear the writers sneer "but she's a WOMAN! We need to know what blowhard Jason/Franco has to say!"

Go ahead Jake, make PC disappear.

More contrivance city. Nathan was in the room, Scotty should have gone to him. Although given

Ava is going to set the room on fire

maybe it would have been too dangerous for anyone made of wood.

I don't think it has anything to do with Liz being a woman and more with BH being on a lower tier than BM and RH. If Nina swanned by they probably would have listened to her.

6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I really loved Robin's speech. For me, she will forever represent what was so good and pure about the Nurses Ball. Thank you, show, for finally allowing NuJason to be there. I mean, Jason could be played by a cardboard box and I'd still be emotional because nothing will ever touch JnR's story and what that event meant to them.

I couldn't help but notice BM was making a grump face though. Really dude? Even during this speech?

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is it a better or worse nickname for her boyfriend than "the Captain"?

I forgot about that. THANKS, teevee. :p

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I couldn't help but notice BM was making a grump face though. Really dude? Even during this speech?

LOL. I think that was his emotional/somber/serious face.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I thought Ava was at the gallery getting her go to bag and no longer at the ball.

Yes, I meant the room at the gallery.

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, I meant the room at the gallery.

Ok, sorry you confused me when you said Nathan was in the room, I thought you meant what Ava does, happens in the ballroom where Nathan is, and not at the gallery, where Ava is.  

(edited)
2 hours ago, rur said:

Finally, can we please call enough on Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"? The music is beautiful; it brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it. But it's the lyrics that folks need to be listening to or thinking about before choosing it.  

I can't get over how so many people think that song is religious. Like people singing it on The Voice thinking they're gonna get that Christian vote. And the best part, they usually do. LOL.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Ava has a spare OIL LAMP to use around her spare EXPENSIVE PORTRAITS??

COME ON.

Right! Honestly that was just too much. I lost it.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Teevee reminded me, I cringed when Kiki called him DQ. Still, a less contrived nickname than Nathan calling Maxie Max or Morgan using Mikey.

Curtis called Jordan "Ash" as well. Just fucking stop, writers. Having the characters use silly nicknames as some kind of shorthand for actually showing relationships develop isn't working.

Jordan sucks so hard and Curtis is always such an asshole with her, so I just skipped those scenes. Sounds like I missed nothing.

The Faith number was my fave part of the ball. It was cute. Ned was sweating so very much though it was kind of disturbing. The Dillon/Kiki number might have been cuter if she'd actually sang. Like everyone else said, it was just really weird that she didn't.

It's such bullshit that they're teasing me with a toxin that will kill everyone in PC. So rude to get my hopes up like that!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's such bullshit that they're teasing me with a toxin that will kill everyone in PC. So rude to get my hopes up like that!

Seriously. If there are victims, it will be someone like that young black nurse who covered for Lauren so she could be pointless in Dillon's act. In other words, no one I fervently want to die.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is Helena alive?  Please be alive and kill the Sonny/Carly/Morgan/Ava plot before it bores the show into the ground.

Why are Anna and Lucy wearing almost matching dresses?  Even the material seemed the same.

I guess Ned got Edward's talent and Dillon lost out.  Or maybe it was also that it was a better choreographed, less random number and didn't have the man singing around a woman who could also have been replaced by a paper cutout.

8 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That's why the nurse's ball has always been cringe worthy. They should just break the fourth wall for two or three episodes and have the actors be themselves. There's no way most of the characters, "in" character, would ever do what they do to "perform" for the nurse's ball. Or be performing with the people they are paired with.

The Nurses Ball started out as a bunch of people pitching in to raise money to fight HIV/AIDS.  But some of the acts are so mad and the singers/dancers so random, it now looks like  a Port Charles vanity project.  Got enough money to donate?  We'll put you and  your kid on stage no matter how bad you sing or dance.

2 hours ago, rur said:

Finally, can we please call enough on Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"? The music is beautiful; it brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it. But it's the lyrics that folks need to be listening to or thinking about before choosing it. 

People just listen to the title and melody and then stop thinking.

Leonard Cohen originally wrote 80 verses for it.  Methinks he was a perfectionist.  My favourite one is "Maybe there's a God above, but all I ever learned from love is how to shoot the one who outdrew ya". 

I think the best use I've seen of it on TV is on House when it was used to describe the messed-up relationship between House and  his ex partner Stacy.  Now it's just the go-to when you want something that is supposed to move the audience.

2 hours ago, seasons said:

I don't remember - does Lucy always change dresses every 5 minutes?

Yes.  It's been a staple of the Nurses Ball since I started watching years ago. At least poor Lynn Herring no longer has to end up in her undies any more.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I don't remember - does Lucy always change dresses every 5 minutes?

Yes.  It's been a staple of the Nurses Ball since I started watching years ago. At least poor Lynn Herring no longer has to end up in her undies any more.

And they used to make a much bigger deal of each new dress. She'd swan out and people would ooh and aah.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Re hugging her brother's former mistress, have you taken a look lately at the complicated mess of mixed-up relationships that Kristina has seen within her own family and around her in general?  For starters, her half-sister Molly is also her cousin.  And her older sister Sam slept with their mother's husband Ric and also was impregnated by her father Sonny.  Dante and Valerie's brief liaison was minor compared to these messy situations in which these characters were involved - yet they all continue to interact.

As well, one could also ask why Lulu became the best friend of the other woman (Maxie) who broke up Lulu's brother's marriage - and in far more scheming ways than Valerie did.   Or one could ask why Maxie became so close to the woman (Lulu) who broke up her sister's marriage? 

Yes, I've taken a look. I think those are different because Ric is no longer in Port Charles (?),  Sam and Sonny's baby died (so it's not a reality she's living with) and Kristina was also a little girl when all that family drama happened. She may not remember it. I just find it interesting that she's so friendly with  Dante's ex-mistress Val when she was fuming to Michael that the 'scheming homewrecker' Nelle (despite knowing her Dad and Carly have already been divorced multiple times) was now "practically family" as nanny to "Dante's stepdaughter." 

Lulu hated Maxie for having an affair with Lucky -  it took them quite a while to become friends.  But the circumstances were also different in that Maxie was a teenager who'd had a crush on Lucky (years before they both got involved with drugs). Lulu was a teenager who had a crush on Dillon. Georgie and Dillon were teen-agers who got married for the wrong reasons; not at all comparable to grown woman Val choosing to scheme because she had a crush on grown man Dante, her cousin's husband.  According to Kristina's attitudes about family loyalty and how terrible infidelity is,  she shouldn't be friendly with this woman. But TPTB do not care about character consistency.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think the best use I've seen of it  ["Hallelujah"] on TV is on House when it was used to describe the messed-up relationship between House and  his ex partner Stacy.  Now it's just the go-to when you want something that is supposed to move the audience.

For me, it's Ryan driving back to shitty Chino/Seth rowing away in his boat/Kirsten breaking down in tears at the end of the season one finale of "The O.C.".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the best use I've seen of it on TV is on House when it was used to describe the messed-up relationship between House and  his ex partner Stacy.  Now it's just the go-to when you want something that is supposed to move the audience.

For me, it's Ryan driving back to shitty Chino/Seth rowing away in his boat/Kirsten breaking down in tears at the end of the season one finale of "The O.C.".

I thought it worked pretty well after the shooting death of a semi-important character on The West Wing.  But the point is, all of these exceptions we're naming were from the aughts. Enough. Find a new song, TV and movies. At this point it's as bad as using Etta James's "At Last" for romantic dances. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

According to Kristina's attitudes about family loyalty and how terrible infidelity is,  she shouldn't be friendly with this woman. But TPTB do not care about character consistency.

I find Olivia and Kristina are two characters particularly given to inconsistency by the writers.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jordan was a fool in several ways for slipping up to Curtis's room near the end of the ball. He was an entitled ass to try to make her cave in--especially by following up ironically and saying "no pressure". Also, when the mud hits the fan down at the Ball below, the police commissioner is going to be incommunicado in the throes of ecstasy upstairs. (Maybe Carly can try all the doors and seek her out.) "Calling all cars!"

And speaking of irony, when Jason and Anna finished 'splaining the Chimera as a virulent biotoxin to the grown-ups' table at the Ball, Liz continued to sit there placidly through several stage acts, oblivious to the fact that her son was carrying around the magic set that had a Chimera-decorated thermos in it. Didn't she remember? The acts weren't all that riveting, Liz.

Ned and Olivia are too long in the tooth to be dancing in a number where the costumes were reminiscent of "Grease".

Every time Kiki kicked up her legs in that sparkling short dress, the whole world was her gynecologist...

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
Just now, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Liz continued to sit there placidly through several stage acts, oblivious to the fact that her son was carrying around the magic set that had a Chimera-decorated thermos in it. Didn't she remember?

No one knows Jake has the chimera virus. 

• Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

No one knows Jake has the chimera virus. 

Yep, no one has seen an affidavit of that fact, but gee if my kid was gifted with a thermos that was decorated with a chimera, and he'd been drawing mysterious weird chimeras, and I'd just been told that an extreme biotoxin nicknamed Chimera exists in my city, I'd make the kid hand over the whole kit and caboodle immediately.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

For that brief 80 seconds I totally wished SBu was still playing Jason, as you know that when they cut to him he'd be working his patented tears-in-the-eyes look.  Nevertheless, I still loved it.  The rest of the NB might always be sketchy, but Robin and her speeches will forever be tops in my book.

10 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yep, no one has seen an affidavit of that fact, but gee if my kid was gifted with a thermos that was decorated with a chimera, and he'd been drawing mysterious weird chimeras, and I'd just been told that an extreme biotoxin nicknamed Chimera exists in my city, I'd make the kid hand over the whole kit and caboodle immediately.

She hasn't seen the thermos, though.  That was hidden in a secret compartment in the kit.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ava has a spare OIL LAMP to use around her spare EXPENSIVE PORTRAITS??

Aaaand Sonny and Carly have no trouble finding Ava.  I'm hoping Mrs. O'Leary's cow shows up and they all DIAF.

• Love 6
(edited)

The Nurse's Ball sucks me in every year, and I will not apologize for loving all of its cheesy glory. I like seeing the cast having some fun, especially after the shitty storylines they have to endure. 

I always thought that Andre and Anna had good chemistry- what a shame it was wasted. Nelle and Michael- yikes. I wish they could find someone that Chad has chemistry with. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7

I think a big reason Michael Quartermaine has not had much chemistry with anyone is because the character is so underdeveloped.  Outside of being a mediator/fixer for Sonny, Carly and his siblings we hardly ever see Michael living his life.  He is a CEO of a multi billion dollar corporation but we never see him in that role.  He does not seem to have friends his own age.  Who is Michael's best friend?  He just runs from Corinthos crisis to Corinthos crisis, allegedly goes to his office every day and occasionally shows up at Quartermaine gatherings. The only buddy type relationship Michael has ever had was with AJ.  I really love Michael when he is not being bogged down with Sonny/Carly and family.  He is so different when he is away from or at odds with them.  Why not shift Michaels stories to ELQ.  Michael could have a smart sassy older female assistant who runs his work life and has a few things to say about his lack of a personal life. She could be a sounding board for Michael and help him gain some emotional distance from the Carly/Sonny crazy. He needs someone to say "Michael it is not your job to fix them.  They are a lost cause and you can't save them from their crazy criminal behavior.  You deserve to have a life of your own that is peaceful and happy and you will never have that if you are always trying to save them from themselves."  Wouldn't it be interesting for Michael to start seeing Kevin to help him come to terms with all the damage Sonny and Carly have caused him his whole life.  Michael does not need to hate them but he does need to be able to detach from the insanity.  Michael needs a girlfriend with deep ties to the canvas.  Serena Baldwin has been mentioned recently, what if she and her little sister Christina came to town?  Michael is young, handsome and rich he should have a ton of interesting hobbies and have an active social life.  Hell, either the hospital or  ELQ could have a softball team that would include it's members going out to Jake's after each game and Michael could be a part of this and make some friends.  There is so much the writers could do to make Michael an interesting three dimensional character.  It really is a waste.

• Love 21
(edited)

You make a ton of excellent suggestions for the character of Michael Quartermaine, movingtargetgal. I'm still stuck in a rage that he thinks of himself as one of the Corinthii. That assumption takes the soul and manliness out of the character for me. How ridiculous is it that he spends so much energy trying to get his life-sucking mother back together happily in holy matrimony with the man who killed his biological father?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The only two who have seen the chimera thermos in the box are Charlotte and Emma.  No one else knew about it because it was hidden inside a secret compartment.  There's a boatload of crap that we can poop on with this story but Liz not speaking up about a thermos that she knows nothing about is not one of them.  

Unless you're not a Liz fan, than I guess, complain away!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

There's a boatload of crap that we can poop on with this story but Liz not speaking up about a thermos that she knows nothing about is not one of them.  

Wow I was assuming Liz and/or his bestie Freako would have shown some interest in the gifts that other people sent or gave Jake for his birthday. Surely Freako would want to ooo and ahhh to show interest in the kid himself? No? I usually fast-forward thru scenes like that, so I didn't see Jake hiding anything like that from them when he received the gift. His sibling knows about it, and most kids his age would have spilled the beans by now.

3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Wow I was assuming Liz and/or his bestie Freako would have shown some interest in the gifts that other people sent or gave Jake for his birthday. Surely Freako would want to ooo and ahhh to show interest in the kid himself? No? I usually fast-forward thru scenes like that, so I didn't see Jake hiding anything like that from them when he received the gift. His sibling knows about it, and most kids his age would have spilled the beans by now.

No, Aiden doesn't know about the thermos, either.  It's hidden in a false bottom in the magic kit. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Liz was there when Jake opened his gift from "Spencer". It is a trunk marked as a magic kit. Has the trappings of a child's magic kit. The thermos was in a small box. Marked secret, I think. Magicians are supposed to keep the tricks secret. So Jake rushing out with his new toy isn't at all troubling. Jake tells 5-6 year old Aiden that this secret box isn't all good. And makes him swear not to tell anyone. Including their big brother and mom. 

The only person who knows that the magic box isn't really from Spencer is Emma. And she has somehow gotten secretly beaten with PC's town stupid stick in the past few hours. She knows that her pal Spencer didn't send any gift to Jake. And she knows what Spencer did get Jake. But she hasn't gone to one adult to clue them in on these facts.

If only Liz could be allowed to do shit like talk to Laura(her former mother in law, friend and Spencer's legal guardian) about subjects not Franco!  Or perhaps do something like call and talk to long time friend Robin about Jake's (and Jason's) Helena related issues and oh shit, like a nice gift from Spencer on Jake's birthday. Perhaps then Emma could overhear and tell her mother that Spencer was bringing his present when he returns to town. And that it also wasn't a magic set. Which Robin might tell Liz. Who could then call Spencer, or fuck me, LAURA. To discover that box ain't from Spencer.

What the hell else should Liz do? Be psychic? Which is supposed to be Olivia's thing? Outside of the show not allowing Liz to have any thoughts other than Franco and Jake, how is the crap Liz's fault? 

But no. This stupid story is ill thought out and moronic. Who'd have thunk it?

Also, it would be nice if the Nurses' Ball participants were seen being asked. At least have Lucy begging people to sign up. Kristina has an excuse. Her family have been big sponsors of the event. Have Lucy beg Bobbie to get her niece, Valerie, to join it. You know since Lucas is in the PC wormhole. And Brad just can't for some reason. Felix been seen yet? Why not have Lucy drag people kicking and screaming to sign up in the weeks up to the NB? 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Every time someone came near his precious magic kit Jake would freak out and grab the box, and as Perkie said, the Thermos Of Doom was in a super secret hidden compartment. That's why he pushed Charlotte backstage, which I'm surprised they didn't turn that little incident into a PSA about bullying*.

Although I'm kinda surprised Anthony didn't spill the beans, he may have mentioned it to Calvin if he ever came home from his camping thing but they're probably both in the attic again.

*I'll never not laugh whenever I think of Sonny coming after Scotty, it looked so ridiculous the way he was trying to reach up and manhandle him. So, so stupid. I wish Scotty would have flicked him off like the annoying mosquito he is.

PS: Burn it down Ava, burn it all down.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

*I'll never not laugh whenever I think of Sonny coming after Scotty, it looked so ridiculous the way he was trying to reach up and manhandle him. So, so stupid. I wish Scotty would have flicked him off like the annoying mosquito he is.

PS: Burn it down Ava, burn it all down.

Sonny and Carly make such a big thing out of how much the Nurses Ball means to Sonny (STONE!), but then he acts like the dicksmack he is and confronts/manhandles/bullies people at it.  Go to hell, Sonny.

And I'm sick to death of the canonization of Morgan.   Just because he was bi-polar doesn't mean he wasn't an asshole.  

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny and Carly make such a big thing out of how much the Nurses Ball means to Sonny (STONE!), but then he acts like the dicksmack he is and confronts/manhandles/bullies people at it.  Go to hell, Sonny.

He wasn't even going to go at first, preferring to stay and home and pout. Good lord, he's such a baby.

• Love 9
(edited)

He wasn't even going to go at first, preferring to stay and home and pout. Good lord, he's such a baby.

But it wasn't a total loss.  He was able to rack up yet another tearful apology (this time from the busy MC of the Nurse's Ball).

ETA:  And for the bonus point, he was able threaten violence on a woman.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And I'm sick to death of the canonization of Morgan.   Just because he was bi-polar doesn't mean he wasn't an asshole.  

This! They're putting him on a par level with Stone now.

• Love 4

Would love an explanation as to why Alex has the Chimera necklace.  "It's a deadly biotoxin, so I thought it would be cool to have the symbol on a necklace.  And it was half price at Claire's."

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

I know the show doesn't want us to like Amy, but I like Amy. Even her dress.

I'm pretty sure the show wants us to like Amy.

• Love 6

It's hard enough to keep a relationship together for the longterm without the greener grass not only tempting him but actively pointing out how bad the grass is.  Amy seems like a nice person, but I don't like her.  And stealing Nathan's picture so she could put it on her advice column? Run, Nathan, run.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But canonizing people are all Sonny and Carly have!

I don't like Ava but I hate Sonny and Carly screaming at her. No one deserves to be told that they are a monster and   that her children need to be protected from her. They are bad apart and the worst together. Those scenes were gross.

Liz, I support your decision not to let Jake do his magic act.  It's natural consequences.  Why was no one trying to find out why Jake is suddenly so desperate to do his magic ac tonight after he already said no?

• Love 4

What a nauseating display of hypocrisy from Carly and Sonny, accusing Ava of "hiding behind her kids" as if that's not what Sonny does every damn day of the week. And Carly raging against Ava interfering in her adult child's life--she needs to take a look in the mirror, because nothing would stop her from meddling in her precious Michael's life. I know Carly and Sonny have every right to be upset, but I can't stand their condescending attitude.

MW stole the show as always, giving us Ava's fear, desperation, and contrition all at once. She's such a star, always committing 100%. She even managed to rock the raccoon mascara eyes. I just love her.

The concept of Man Landers could be fun in a dumb way, but I'm so offended that that they couldn't come up with a better name than Man Landers.

Helena as a stage mom was fantastic. 

Now that Ava's set everything ablaze, someone needs to run to the magic show and fetch our resident Billy Joel fan for a performance of "We Didn't Start the Fire."

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Happywatcher said:

I know the show doesn't want us to like Amy, but I like Amy. Even her dress.

I'm also pretty sure the show wants us to like her. I don't. She's so ill-defined and poorly written (not that's she's alone in that, by a long shot), but I've come to like the actress.

• Love 8
(edited)

Lulu needs to STFU about the state of Valentin and Nina's marriage. You know if the shoe were on the other foot, she'd be outraged if it were used against her. 

20 minutes ago, Linny said:

The concept of Man Landers could be fun in a dumb way, but I'm so offended that that they couldn't come up with a better name than Man Landers.

To quote Ann Landers, Man Landers needs to M[H]OB. And STFU.

Edited by dubbel zout
a show isn't a shoe; mistake
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure the show wants us to like Amy.

Ugh. And I'm pretty sure the actress who plays Amy is related to or "involved" with someone higher up. She got to sing at least four songs and participated in several dance numbers. She got a couple of wardrobe changes Now she is getting extended screen time and spoken lines (more than most of the vets) with one of the most attractive actors. "Amy" is being force-fed to the audience.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't like Ava but I hate Sonny and Carly screaming at her. No one deserves to be told that they are a monster and that her children need to be protected from her. They are bad apart and the worst together. Those scenes were gross.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

What a nauseating display of hypocrisy from Carly and Sonny, accusing Ava of "hiding behind her kids" as if that's not what Sonny does every damn day of the week. And Carly raging against Ava interfering in her adult child's life--she needs to take a look in the mirror, because nothing would stop her from meddling in her precious Michael's life. I know Carly and Sonny have every right to be upset, but I can't stand their condescending attitude.

MW stole the show as always, giving us Ava's fear, desperation, and contrition all at once. She's such a star, always committing 100%. She even managed to rock the raccoon mascara eyes. I just love her.

Morgan was a tiny baby boy, Carly? No he was a grown man who made his own decisions. I'm so tired of hearing Sonny and Carly being self-righteous and blaming others, implying that they are perfect. And Ava didn't create the bipolar illness in Morgan; it runs in Sonny's family. They stole Avery away from Ava for months, so they are hypocrites for insisting that Ava is the only one who alienated or separated a parent from a child.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

got her shot in the chest on the docks

This one is more on Lauren than Morgan, IMO. She heard about the trouble on the docks and went down there to see for herself. She didn't just happen to find herself in the middle of things.

• Love 3
(edited)

Liez is pathetic as a mother, and Valentin is falling down in the role of parent too. Hello, grownups! The Ball is over and people have gone home to bed. It's way past the kiddies' bedtime. Letting Jake proceed with his magic act was a dumb idea that indulged the kid, who had disrupted the entire Ball program earlier by pulling his act out of the lineup. (Why would anyone want to see a kid's magic act on TV, by the way?). Liez seemed so passive and distracted--she must have been daydreaming about the mobster and serial killer peen sitting at her table.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Dubblel zout, I get what you are saying.  I tend to place blame on Morgan for KiKi being on the docks because she was trying to rescue Morgan from getting hurt.  Morgan left her a message saying he was going to handle the gun dealers by himself to prove to his dad that he was not a Fredo Corleone.  Morgan was being held at gunpoint and he was being all manic and challenging the guy who was holding the gun on him.  When the guy went to shoot Morgan, KiKi tried to shield Morgan and took a bullet for him.  KiKi would not have been there if not for Morgan.  She was stupid for getting herself in the situation but she was there to save Morgan.  

• Love 7

Did Ava get to ask why Morgan was considered a beautiful little boy and Kiki was a grown woman? I had to fast foward till the last scene cause their hypocrisy was too great. Did Carly's own hypocrisy knock her out? Because otherwise I don't see what made her fall down.

Nathan sucks for hanging out with someone who keeps passive aggressively shading his wife.

Sure, Anna, Valentin's gamble paid off but it wasn't like Helena died a short while later after he sold it. it was DECADES later. Don't really think he deserves a lot of credit there.

32 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Morgan was the perfect Sonny/Carly spawn.  He was an entitled and spoiled asshole.  He manipulated KiKi into staying with him so she could help him "get better".  This was after he held her hostage at gunpoint (to "protect" her)

Yeah, what was that about? Didn't Morgan absolutely have her hostage there? wtf?

• Love 11
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did Carly's own hypocrisy knock her out? Because otherwise I don't see what made her fall down.

I know. I had to replay that, and I guess she hit her head. The editing of that was dreadful.

Nathan sucks for hanging out with someone who keeps passive aggressively shading his wife.

I don't get that at all. Then he finds out Amy 2.0 uploaded a pilfered picture of him to a website and is using it as an avatar for advice. And still does nothing!

Did Ava get to ask why Morgan was considered a beautiful little boy and Kiki was a grown woman?

When is it ever the man's fault? Those harlot women, with their jezebel ways!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Carly's own hypocrisy knock her out? Because otherwise I don't see what made her fall down.

Ava threw the burning lantern at the couple. I think it might have hit Carly on the head and briefly knocked her out.