Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Michel said:

he rightly called Lulu out on only caring about her own feelings and needs and not Charlotte's.

Whereas Valentin has done just the opposite - what with Mommy Claudette and the way SORAS'd embryo was conceived and lying to her and keeping her away from her mother her entire life because he didn't want to share. At least Lulu believes (correctly) that Valentin is a murderous nutjob, he was just being a selfish douchebag. So, he can have alll the seats and he and his self-righteous bullshit can fuck right off

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

Whereas Valentin has done just the opposite - what with Claudette and the way SORAS'd embryo was conceived and lying to her and keeping her away from her mother her entire life because he didn't want to share. At least Lulu believes (correctly) that Valentin is a murderous nutjob, he was just being a selfish douchebag. So, he can have alll the seats and he and his self-righteous bullshit can fuck right off

Oh, of course both were being selfish.  Lulu's selfishness just bugged me more.  At least Valentin's made no secret of his own.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Whereas Valentin has done just the opposite - what with Claudette and the way SORAS'd embryo was conceived and lying to her and keeping her away from her mother her entire life because he didn't want to share. At least Lulu believes (correctly) that Valentin is a murderous nutjob, he was just being a selfish douchebag. So, he can have alll the seats and he and his self-righteous bullshit can fuck right off

This. I don't believe Valentin's story of having his sperm stolen by Daphne and being a poor victim in all of this either. I think he's known from the beginning that Lulu was Charlotte's mother so he can shove off his claims of wanting what is best for Charlotte. It's not Lulu's fault any of this happened.

• Love 3

I don't think Valentin was even genuinely calling out Lulu on being selfish. He was just using it as an excuse because he didn't want to do joint therapy, or maybe the whole shared custody was a bluff in the first place.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

At least Lulu believes (correctly) that Valentin is a murderous nutjob, he was just being a selfish douchebag. So, he can have alll the seats and he and his self-righteous bullshit can fuck right off

And for everything Lulu has done wrong so far in this situation in regards to custody and attempting to bond with Charlotte, to my knowledge she has never disparaged Valentin in front of Charlotte. I don't know that I would feel comfortable saying the same about Nina not ever disparaging Lulu to Charlotte.

• Love 3

Nelly is (probably) related to Frank Benson, a character who hasn't been mentioned in 400 years. Yet we still don't know what Carly supposedly did to upset her or what her plans are.

Exactly.  What could 3-year-old Carly have done to Frank to make him leave and make Carly the target of a revenge plot?  And how exactly was Nelle a close enough kidney match to a non-blood relative?

eta

Michael's outfit was so bad today.

I thought his coat was pretty, in a girly sort of way.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

Hey, Jason, it's "I couldn't care less."  If you could care less, that means you care.   Also, Sam your "big belly" looks the size of a burrito, so please.

The scenes with Jason/Sonny/Sam were so, so bad.  And then Sonny celebrating like Donald Trump over their victory over Julian.   So ridiculous.   The only thing worse was Bobbie and Carly yucking it up over how Carly tried to destroy Bobbie's life.  Surprised they manage to restrain themselves from a giggle-fest about the time Carly shot Tony.  Now that was funny. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The Sonny/Jason/Sam/Julian stuff was so bad.

Watching Sam, Sonny, and Jason "act" was some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I miss Carlos. That dude was entertaining when it came to this shit.

• Love 9

I hate everything about Quasimodo and this Charlotte shit. No way in hell would Helena want to make a child that didn't belong to her precious Stavros much less one with a hunchback. She already had her precious Nik. Who would make another heir when she was supposedly scared of him. Why not pay Daphne to kill him.

The stupid it flames on the side of my face.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin shut down Lulu at the first mention of family therapy. I'm confused. He was all to willing to spill the truth that Lulu was Charlotte's bio-mom but is doing nothing to facilitate a relationship between them. (Lulu isn't helping, but the point still stands). Is there something Valentin is afraid would come out in family therapy that he doesn't want Lulu or Charlotte to know? I assume DNA tests would be run again. Maybe those would yield different results this time. And of course Lulu had to ruin her mature attitude today by going scorched-earth at the end, again, but a part of me understands. In her mind, Valentin is dangling her daughter in front of her but at the same time actively keeping her away.

I'm not even bothering with Nelle because her whole story is so stupid. If Nelle's bio-dad is Frank Benson who adopted Carly, it's just a lucky coincidence that she was a match for Josslyn.

Still going with Valentin is hiding the truth that Lulu isn't Charlotte's mother. He does love Charlotte and will be trying to minimize her pain by just not putting her in Lulu's path. He needs a nutty Lulu to keep an easy hold on Nina. But he wants to keep Charlotte as far away as possible from this lie about her biology. 

8 hours ago, Perkie said:

So, here's my theory.  Frank leaves Virginia and Carly when she's three, creates another family, fathering Nelle.  Then, somehow, he hears that first daughter Carly's baby needs a kidney and to make it up to first daughter Carly, sells second daughter's kidney to her.  Would that be enough for Nelle to resent Carly enough to want to burn it all to the ground.  

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Exactly.  What could 3-year-old Carly have done to Frank to make him leave and make Carly the target of a revenge plot?  And how exactly was Nelle a close enough kidney match to a non-blood relative?

eta

I thought his coat was pretty, in a girly sort of way.

Frank Benson by the accounts of Carly and Virginia Benson abandoned his wife and small child. He supposedly never paid support nor did he visit or ask to visit Caroline. 

This crap about Nelle perhaps being his child is just stupid. Meaning that the man had a child who just so happened to be a kidney match for his abandoned daughter's baby. And that he was nice enough to sell a kidney to the baby's family. The only damn way that I could even remotely believe it would be if Frank really was Caroline Benson's father. He was a client of Bobbie's and figured that the baby could be his. When a blood test (before DNA tests were readily available) showed that it was possible, he arranged for himself and Virginia to adopt the baby. Then at least it could be possible. Hell, let it turn out that Virginia threw him out when she either learned the possible truth about Caroline's real paternity, that he was a cheat or that he liked prostitutes. Let the old Durant DNA rest be wrong. Or have it turn out that Frank Benson was a Durant sibling. Or John was really a Benson. 

• Love 1

So if Lulu isn't Charlotte's mother and Quasimodo is playing games with Lulu, then his ass is worse than Lulu is supposedly is.

Lulu gets ragged on for not thinking of Charlotte's feelings. If this turns out to be the case then Charlotte needs to go into foster care cause Quasi doesn't give a shit about her emotional well-being either.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am being bitchy but the ingénue Sam is looking 40ish these days.

I do think she looks (and is) fortyish, but I do not really think of "ingénue" as Sam's slot anymore -- that is more Kiki, Lulu, Maxie, now Nelle, Kristina when she's on.  I think of Sam as a hardened midlife type, along with Carly, Hayden, Ava, Nina, and Olivia Falconeri (but younger than Alexis and Tracy).

Admittedly, some of those other midlife characters have adult children, but if the Sam/Sonny daughter had lived, I'm sure she would be an adult involved in relationship stories by now. When was that, 2004? Twelve or 13 would easily become 19 or 20.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  I would put Lulu in the neighbourhood of Sam, age-wise.  But I am not a long time viewer.

Nah, I would put Lulu at least 10 years younger than Sam. Sam should be around her mid to late 30s. *cough cough*  Around Liz's, Nik's and Lucky's age. Lulu should be in her mid 20s. And Jason should be around 40ish. *hacking cough*  Jason was in the older set when teens Emily/Lucky/Liz/Nik came on the show. Lulu really should be about 13/14 years younger than Nik. So about 11/12 years younger than Lucky. 

As for Valentin with Charlotte,  money rules in the Cassadine family. He needs it and if using her as a pawn against family enemies gets him the money that he needs, will so be it. If he has to get her to go along with a charade, I wouldn't mind seeing him tell her that they are playing a secret game and set it up just as that. A game for them to win. Sadly, Charlotte still seems like a nicer Cassadine than her cousin Spencer. At least she is less annoying.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Perkie said:

So, here's my theory.  Frank leaves Virginia and Carly when she's three, creates another family, fathering Nelle.  Then, somehow, he hears that first daughter Carly's baby needs a kidney and to make it up to first daughter Carly, sells second daughter's kidney to her.  Would that be enough for Nelle to resent Carly enough to want to burn it all to the ground.  

Unless they're going to retcon a retcon, it was made clear that Carly had no idea Jax was responsible for Joss getting the kidney. That's why he was having Super Secret phone conversations in the middle of the hospital. So if Nelly is out for revenge because her kidney was stolen she isn't even going after the right people because Carly and Sonny had nothing to do with it. 

Also, I'm not sure why Nelly felt the need to make a stank face when Carly called Frank a bitter, sad man. Her comments weren't harsh at all considering he abandoned his wife and child. 

Also, Nelly is in her 20s and Joss received the kidney six years ago. Nelly was either still in her 20s or in her late teens when this happened so I'm not sure how her kidney was taken without her permission. Are we supposed to believe Frank drugged his daughter or something so her kidney could be taken without her knowing and given to Joss as a way to make amends with the other daughter he abandoned decades ago? How would he have even known Joss was ill? 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And I'm super pissed that Nelle and Michael aren't siblings.

I'm still going with it, but I need to dig through GH History to see a) if they showed Carly giving birth to Michael onscreen with Jason and b) what month Sonny killed AJ.

Sonny crowing over putting one over on Julian was on par with Homer Simpson chanting "I am so smart! S-M-R-T Smart!"

Nina's gonna Nina.

I'm wondering if Quasimodo is actually a Valentin wannabe who stole, at least, his backstory. I do think Lulu suggesting a psychologist (that would see through his bullshit) is why he backed away from joint custody.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Unless they're going to retcon a retcon, it was made clear that Carly had no idea Jax was responsible for Joss getting the kidney.

At this point, I expect them to retcon that Sonny is Michael's biological father, and not bat an eyelash.

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, tveyeonyou said:

Is this the part where Sam goes into early labor and Franco saves her life and delivers her child so we can all say "Yay! Franco is a hero now!". And I'm saying this as a RoHo fan former fan.

I was dreading that the Show was going there when Sam broke the lock off the storage unit with a fire extinguisher to get to Freako. (Freako would be redeemed and a saint for being her emergency obstetrician! Freako would get to see and touch her lady parts, sending us all into a black rage!) When she was with Jason previously she had had twinges just talking with him about the case, and Jason made her go to the hospital to get the twinges checked.

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

it was made clear that Carly had no idea Jax was responsible for Joss getting the kidney.

I'm having a hard time remembering but was it confirmed that Jax had bought the kidney?  I know he had a bunch of super secret phone calls and suspicious looks at Nelle but was it just a red herring or was it said afirmitively at the time that he got it?

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

So if Nelly is out for revenge because her kidney was stolen she isn't even going after the right people because Carly and Sonny had nothing to do with it. 

Well, that's pretty much par for the course for this writing team.  

Also whatever happened to that letter that Nelle was looking at from her purse, that said something like "you owe me, your father".  How does that factor into any of this nonsense?

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, Perkie said:

What is with Sam's constant "pain"?  Every time she moves, stands up, sits down, she holds the side of her "belly" and takes  a sharp intake of air and winces and today she actually said ouch.  I've been pregnant twice, yes, there were moments of streching that were painful, but I don't remember holding the side of my belly and wincing as often as she does.

Probably buildup to a point where she has a pregnancy-losing scare

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I do think she looks (and is) fortyish, but I do not really think of "ingénue" as Sam's slot anymore -- that is more Kiki, Lulu, Maxie, now Nelle, Kristina when she's on.  I think of Sam as a hardened midlife type, along with Carly, Hayden, Ava, Nina, and Olivia Falconeri (but younger than Alexis and Tracy).

Admittedly, some of those other midlife characters have adult children, but if the Sam/Sonny daughter had lived, I'm sure she would be an adult involved in relationship stories by now. When was that, 2004? Twelve or 13 would easily become 19 or 20.  

I can still marginally put Maxie in the ingenue category - but Lulu, no.   She looks and fits better with those in the mid to late 30s.  

27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm having a hard time remembering but was it confirmed that Jax had bought the kidney?  I know he had a bunch of super secret phone calls and suspicious looks at Nelle but was it just a red herring or was it said afirmitively at the time that he got it?

Back in November Jax told Alexis that he made a deal with Nelly's parents to buy her kidney.

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And why couldn't Nelle's plans have more prongs to it besides Sonny?  Why not attack Carly on more fronts, like trying to ruin her business, or turning Michael against her?

I agree, and blame the 'orrible pacing of this story on the stupid Freako sideshow that is eating up valuable screen time for everyone. RoHo is somebody's pet boytoy who knows it and even tries to troll us with what the writers give him. Large parts of the show are wasted on his burned out character while other stories that might attract more GH viewers and positive publicity are neglected on the back burner. RoHo is unredeemable in any manifestation.

I want RoHo and Tony Geary locked together in a closet to see who comes out alive.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

And how exactly was Nelle a close enough kidney match to a non-blood relative?

Luck. Kidneys aren't an organ where a relative is necessarily a match. My brother donated a kidney to a stranger.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nelly was either still in her 20s or in her late teens when this happened so I'm not sure how her kidney was taken without her permission.

If Nelle were under 18, I think her parent(s)/guardian would be able to give consent, though Nelle should have been old enough to have a say. Frankly, I don't think a living minor can be a donor anyway, but this is GH, and they made it clear it was a black market deal. Ugh. Poor Jax. Doing anything for your child isn't the worst trait a parent can have, but this story really trashes him. What would have been more in character (not that this regime cares, of course) is that he paid someone to put Joss at the top of the donation list, not that he buys a kidney from some teenager.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sam should be around her mid to late 30s. *cough cough*  Around Liz's, Nik's and Lucky's age

Sam is definitely older than the Musketeers - at least Liz, Lucky,Emily. She and Nik were probably closer in age - but I did love seeing JJ/KeMo  in scenes together. It cracked me up because I could not picture them in the hot tub, just couldn't do it

3 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

So Nelle and Carly are half-sisters? How long ago did the dad die cause we saw Nelle reading a letter from him? She waited years to exact her revenge? None of this makes sense

If Nelle's dad is Frank Benson, which based on yesterday's ep it seems like that's a good possibility, then her and Carly aren't blood related at all. Unless they retcon it and somehow Frank Benson is actually Carly's bio father. The whole thing is illogical and boring.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  I would put Lulu in the neighbourhood of Sam, age-wise.  But I am not a long time viewer.

They do look around the same age, but Lulu is supposed to be a bit younger. Not by a big difference though.

Sam does look 40ish, but I don't think the show is trying to say she doesn't. 

• Love 2

Lulu is supposed to be in the age-grouping after Liz/Lucky/Emily but the constant baby stories and push towards the suburbs are ageing the character. 

I think she (and Maxie) are supposed to be late twenties/early thirties, Musketeers would be mid-thirties and Sam/Hayden late thirties. None of the people in these groups have been anywhere near ingénue range for awhile. And that's partly age - but I think the constant baby stories aged Lulu/Maxie fairly abruptly. 

I guess Keeks is in the right age range but wrong character type

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I guess Keeks is in the right age range but wrong character type

As well as being the only girl in that age range. Ingenues usually have a peer group to play off.

For the most part I don't really care how old a character is supposed to be—a specific age is usually a plot point—but GH is so wildly inconsistent with how it treats characters of ostensibly the same age.

• Love 3

I'm sure we heard somewhere along the line, but the pacing on this fakakta show is so ridiculous I can't tell you when. As it is, I tend to zone out when Nelle starts to whine about how hard her childhood was compared with everyone else's. 

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Love 3

He whines about his childhood even more than she does so I figure there has to be a blood connection there. Plus, finding out Frank isn't even Nelly's bio father would make this whole revenge crap even worse, and worse is always what Jelly aim for. 

• Love 1

God, Liz is so sad. She literally spent days running around town trying to prove her serial killer boyfriend didn't commit another murder, and now she's grovelling at his bedside for his affection. This utter devotion to a pathetic psychopathic loser is so unattractive. Does she really think this version of herself with Franco is her living her best life? Way to embrace those low standards, girl. Don't forget to take five seconds to say hi to your kids.

And they're totally going to give us a Liz/Franco sex scene soon, which means I need to decide what I'm going to use to gouge my eyes out.

• Love 17

Sam and Liz scenes were offensive, as usual. Liz knowingly slept with Sam's husband for a year and kept him from his family, emotionally manipulated Sam into helping her sexual assaulter and then threw Sam and her mother under the bus immediately to help her rapist serial killer boyfriend. And now they are "even" because without Liz Sam wouldn't know her mother needed help with her drinking? Is it so hard for TPTB to keep Sam away from Franco and Liz?

And of course Alexis had to make a personal visit to Franco's hospital room to thank him for keeping quiet and not turning her in for a crime that he gaslighted her into believing she committed! 

The mind, it boggles. Truly. 

• Love 11

Liz looked and sounded DRUGGED. She seemed straight up HIGH today. No wonder she and Sam made up, thanked each other and gave each other BFF smiles. They both understand about being utterly brain dead devoted to useless, serial killing, smugheads.

And even though we haven't met her yet, I absolutely LOVE this new DA, who wants to meet witnesses and won't dismiss charges when said critical witness goes missing just because Jordan stomps her feet and passionately insists Sonny's innocent.  And I fucking HATE this show having Jordan say something so stupid and whine OUT LOUD about Sonny being innocent. Curtis seething and damn near calling the DA a bitch, a woman he hasn't met who's simply doing the sensible thing was just more confirmation that this mysterious GODDESS is the best female character on the show.

• Love 7