Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It was either that or have JP/SA write an actual story for them. 

I've seen their work, unnecessary baby is not the worst thing that could be written for them and it gives Jelly time to focus on destroying the characters they actually like

To be fair, I've had problems with how Sam and Jason are written and what stories are selected for them (Evil Person vs. JaSam) since before Jelly. I've pretty much accepted I'll never enjoy them.

• Love 1

Minion and Tom's brother, two interesting dayplayers in a row. Minion: "that's true, you're [Julian] very unlikable." Hee.

Jason: Whatever makes your little heart happy.

Little heart?! Little heart?! You know, if it was just "heart happy" I could kind of squint and say okay I can see Jason saying that but the "little" just ruins it.

If this show was serious about re-building the youth scene they would give Molly a contract.

Morgan built gingerbread houses? Did he write about it in his journal that he kept oh-so-diligently? You can't tell us these things after the fact, show!

KeMo was good in the dream scene, but I thought she was gonna play it more taunting and less teary.

How to put this gently. Julian is a weenie.

7 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

Wonder if they will write in a pregnancy for Lulu now that the actress is pregnant.  Just what this show will need.

Maybe she'll stuff Charlotte inside her. Daytime hasn't done that yet, right?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Jason: Whatever makes your little heart happy.

Little heart?! Little heart?! You know, if it was just "heart happy" I could kind of squint and say okay I can see Jason saying that but the "little" just ruins it.

IDC what anyone says, SBu ain't coming back to play this.

• Love 2

Someone slap Maxie.

If The Boss wants to keep Julian in line he should have Ava and Kiki whacked.

Of course Naomi had her sentenced commuted. I wonder if she rescued the governor's daughter from a crack house on the way to prison.

Liez should get over herself and listen to Heather. She's not special and she doesn't have the power to redeem Freako.

Of course hallucination Sam is allowed to confront Freako but real Sam has to stand there while he calls her a farm animal. Jelly are trash.

The brief Monica/Sam moment was nice.

I can't believe Jelly are continuing to drag out the gender reveal. Who is this for? Surely is not meant for Jason/Sam fans.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Of course Naomi had her sentenced commuted.

Eh, it's another who cares for me. I'm not a giant fan of Naomi, but she puts Hayden in her place every so often and I like the actor. It makes sense that Hayden's mom would be at her (not)deathbed.

28 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't believe Jelly are continuing to drag out the gender reveal. Who is this for? Surely is not meant for Jason/Sam fans.

I'm just praying it's not twins, and the half-and-half cake isn't prophetic. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know Dr. Lee is incompetent, but surely even she could make out two fetuses during the third trimester.

Please. The woman could not distinguish pillow from human. I think you give her far too much credit!

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

And really, the only reason this kid is freaked out is because Valentin kept her from Lulu for 10 years.

She wasn't freaked out when she was told Nathan and then Griffin was her father even though she believed Valentin was her father. I know it's just because of all the retcons, but it makes me laugh to imagine it has nothing to do with the psychological distress all this is causing her and that it's just because she doesn't like Lulu. LOL!

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like Valentin. I DON'T EVEN CARE.

Right!

Sam and Carly acting all smiley and teary with each other gives me the heebie jeebies. They have got to be kidding me with Sam's 'the only present I need is for you to be good to yourself and Sonny' bullshit. Fucking gag me.

And speaking of 'they have got to be kidding me' and 'fucking gag me,' the Franco shit was at an all-time low today. I can't. And Liz continues to look pathetic as hell. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I love Valentin. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I like him with Nina, too.

And I am so on his side when it comes to Charlotte. Lulu is acting crazy and not in the best interest of her daughter. 

I'm pulling up a chair at your table. I don't even care, I love Valentin and he somehow makes Nina tolerable for some reason. I guess it's Charlotte seeming to like Nina more than Lulu that does it for me because Lulu is getting on my last nerve. Somehow I think original Lulu would be playing this differently or maybe that's just me wishing she was back.

I'm on the Nickolas is still alive train so Lulu can't keep saying "you killed my brother!". He can come back to town with AJ.

Off topic: my Siamese cat is taking the decorations off the tree one at a time and bringing them to me like he brings his toy mice. He doesn't care about the naughty list at all. How come the Christmas trees are decorated on TFGH completely from one commercial to the next? We see them hang like one ornament then it's all magically finished. I want Sonny to be forced to have a cat who climbs on his tree and takes all his ornaments off one by one, starting with that gingerbread man ornament that "Morgan" made.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I'm pulling up a chair at your table. I don't even care, I love Valentin and he somehow makes Nina tolerable for some reason. I guess it's Charlotte seeming to like Nina more than Lulu that does it for me because Lulu is getting on my last nerve. Somehow I think original Lulu would be playing this differently or maybe that's just me wishing she was back.

I don't think so. All the stuff I'm reading now about Lulu is the same exact stuff that was said with JMB in the role. So points for continuity for the writers, I guess.

I mean, I think Julie was much stronger actress but she wasn't better at projecting sympathy. She was just a better actress. Er, if that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Off topic: my Siamese cat is taking the decorations off the tree one at a time and bringing them to me like he brings his toy mice. He doesn't care about the naughty list at all. How come the Christmas trees are decorated on TFGH completely from one commercial to the next? We see them hang like one ornament then it's all magically finished. I want Sonny to be forced to have a cat who climbs on his tree and takes all his ornaments off one by one, starting with that gingerbread man ornament that "Morgan" made.

I guess none of your ornaments are made of glass, heh. 

• Love 4
On 12/20/2016 at 3:00 PM, TeeVee329 said:

And I guess we were supposed to feel for Lulu re: Charlotte's rejection, but...

Someone - maybe Anna, since she was a witness to it? - needs to remind Lulu that Charlotte has screamed "I want my Mommy!" re: Claudette's disappearance. She wants the woman she calls "Mommy." The so-called loving father Valentin took away/tried to kill the only mother little Charlotte has known. I thought his (fairly recent) line to Nina that Charlotte would get over missing her mother soon enough was pretty cold. 

Sure Valentin looks stable compared to Lulu - but that's not saying much!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think so. All the stuff I'm reading now about Lulu is the same exact stuff that was said with JMB in the role. So points for continuity for the writers, I guess.

I mean, I think Julie was much stronger actress but she wasn't better at projecting sympathy. She was just a better actress. Er, if that makes sense.

Yes, you're right, I know it's me hating this so much that I'm trying to convince myself it would be different if JMB was back. And I understand what you mean about projecting sympathy, there were plenty of times she annoyed me as well as NuLu does, but JMB is definitely the better actress of the two. And you always make sense lol

36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sam and Carly acting all smiley and teary with each other gives me the heebie jeebies. They have got to be kidding me with Sam's 'the only present I need is for you to be good to yourself and Sonny' bullshit. Fucking gag me.

I haaaaaate what this show did to Sam. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I should add  I don't necessarily think that's true, but from what I remember of the reaction of posters during Lulu's most obnoxious moments, the general reaction was no more sympathetic than it is now, so putting my biases aside, I have to conclude Julie would have been no better at garnering sympathy.

17 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Yes, you're right, I know it's me hating this so much that I'm trying to convince myself it would be different if JMB was back. And I understand what you mean about projecting sympathy, there were plenty of times she annoyed me as well as NuLu does, but JMB is definitely the better actress of the two. And you always make sense lol

thanks. :)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Monica's moment with Sam at the shower was cute, as was her giving the baby a gift that had belonged to grandpa Alan.  I'm just sad that she had to be in the same room as the woman who covered for her son's murderer.

Sadly, we've seen worse - her having a friendly, brief exchange with the woman at the Metrocourt NYE party last year. It was about Jason, of course. I had hoped Monica would tell her off about AJ's murder, but of course not.  Jason is the one who matters. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

he somehow makes Nina tolerable

I wouldn't go that far! ;-) Valentin and Nina have their gross moments like every other couple. When they get all twee and teenagery, my feelings for Valentin are tested.

I like Nina best when she's at Crimson dealing with Julian.

20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I have to conclude Julie would have been no better at garnering sympathy.

It's hard to feel sympathy for a character who uses the nuclear option as her first line of defense. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm just praying it's not twins, and the half-and-half cake isn't prophetic. 

No way is cheap ass Frank paying for JaSam to have twins.  That would involve casting four babies

• Love 6

Franco is a shit, isn’t he? Standing there, convincing Tom’s brother that Tom might up to no good when Franco had him imprisoned in his apartment, with in a cage and a shock collar. And he got to make out with Liz two seconds later. I always envision SORASed Cam becoming physically ill if he saw that. If Tom goes off the deep end and attacks Kiki (who would sort of deserve it for knowingly acting as Franco’s honey pot) and/or Elizabeth, it will be mostly Franco’s fault, but doubt that he would be locked up or killed if it comes to light, only if they want to ramp up Ava vs Franco, two suck ass hypocrites. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

If I can join you, I'll buy the next round of drinks. I'm loving Charlotte not liking Lulu. And, even though Nina is irritating, crazy knows crazy. I like how she's wise to Lulu's behavior. 

• Love 5

from what I remember of the reaction of posters during Lulu's most obnoxious moments, the general reaction was no more sympathetic than it is now

I agree. I remember the days of "No upper limit on Lulu hate" (NULOLH, which was an offshoot of NULOCH for Carly) and "The Lulu, The" (the SImpsons injoke). A lot of fans found the JMB mini-Carly version insufferable... although as I recall, most of the worst of it was pre-Dante.

I have never liked the SORASed version of the character, whether played by JMB or by ER. And I liked Dante pretty much from the first day, so that was difficult. I'd liked Dominic Z. as Jammer on BSG, and then he fit into this show so well that I even enjoyed him with my least favorite characters, like Sonny and...well, Lulu. But I always thought Dante could do better, and at times I've thought Lulu is draining the life out of him. Like over time, the character has become more and more emasculated, walking on eggshells around his shrieky, high-maintenance wife, whose attitude often (not just with him, but with everyone) is "You're not telling me exactly what I want to hear, so you're not on my side!"

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

And all these reasons are spot on.  However that doesn't make Lulu any less annoying.   Yes, Lulu has justifiable concerns and problems; however, much of the reaction I'm reading (and feeling) is the unlikable - and repeated - way she responds to problems.  Whether the problem is legitimate or not (as it is), how Lulu is responding reveals much about her - and right now that revelation is not pretty.  

Lulu suffers from a painful history, and then we must remember her genetic background for nature and nurture reasons. She is the physical and psychological product of crazy willful non law-abiding rebellious rapist Luke Spencer and Laura-wig-on-a-stick crying breakdown. It's amazing that she can ever be rational and mature at all.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Although honestly I don't really care who the hell gets Charlotte. I certainly don't want Lulu to get full custody, that would mean no story. 

It could be a good story if the kid is a bad seed like Helena or is even Helena's clone, which Lulu and Dante are now stuck raising!

• Love 1

I tuned in strictly to see Sam's shower and the Davis Girls. I watched more than I probably should have. Two Francos is way more than too many.

Sucks that Sam couldn't say any of that to Franco for real. But KeMo was awesome. Great material for her finally.

Kristina's moved out and got her own place? I want to watch Offscreen GH, it sounds like such a better show.

Ugh, Maxie is just kind of horrible. But I also can't take Sam being all nice and cuddly with Sonny and Carly. Makes me sick. As does watching Liz be into Franco. As much as I don't like her, this story is just all kinds of wrong. Stop doing it, Show.

God, so much THIS.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9

Jelly does the impossible. They make me root for people I hate. 

I hate everything about the Franco mess and I have not watched one bit.

I hate Lulu but I am on her side no matter how crazy she looks. I lost all interest in Valentin the minute he crossed paths with Nina. Hate her useless ass and I hope Lulu beats her annoying ass.

Charlotte can die with Avery as far as I am concerned.

Knew Sam wouldn't be mad at Maxie nor learn the sex of that baby.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

But I always thought Dante could do better, and at times I've thought Lulu is draining the life out of him. Like over time, the character has become more and more emasculated, walking on eggshells around his shrieky, high-maintenance wife, whose attitude often (not just with him, but with everyone) is "You're not telling me exactly what I want to hear, so you're not on my side!"

I think he proved last year he'll put his foot down if she pisses him off too much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I agree. I remember the days of "No upper limit on Lulu hate" (NULOLH, which was an offshoot of NULOCH for Carly) and "The Lulu, The" (the SImpsons injoke). A lot of fans found the JMB mini-Carly version insufferable... although as I recall, most of the worst of it was pre-Dante.

I skipped most of 2007-08. I'm glad, for the sake of my fandom, heh. imo it was still Lulu's most obnoxious stage by far. It doesn't get much worse than, "hey Carly, I know your creepy kid was shot and in a coma, but what about my boyfriend!!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Sucks that Sam couldn't say any of that to Franco for real. But KeMo was awesome. Great material for her finally

Yeah, I just watched it. Can we please get that Sam back?

I appreciated that the writers actually, finally acknowledged some of the Sam/Franco issues. But they reeeeally should have just let Sam say them. 

Because, having Sam, as Franco's hallucination, question whether Franco faked the evidence that "proved" he didn't rape her is fairly problematic.  Franco actually knows whether he did or not - it doesn't make sense for his hallucination to question it

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think he proved last year he'll put his foot down if she pisses him off too much.

More like put his penis down…someone else's vagina.  Probably another of Lulu's family members.  Look out, Lulu!  Carly's (sorta) single!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

More like put his penis down…someone else's vagina.  Probably another of Lulu's family members.  Look out, Lulu!  Carly's (sorta) single!

Aunt Bobbie is 100% single . . .

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

He really hates disheveled piles of clothing. 

I guess that's a result of his mom always having done his laundry for him I guess. He never realized how many disheveled piles of clothes were really out there.

• Love 3

I'm glad that hallucination Sam got to tell Freako off, but OTOH I just don't like the cage at all, even for Freako. I feel manipulated into approving that the cage and shock necklace are righteously punitive because they are being used on him.

The cage is a hideous idea for anyone and everyone. I don't like its use for training dogs either.

• Love 1

If they didn't fart around with Finn being overly arrogant until someone found a Merck book and Googled WebMD to give this disease some background, and if they gave us characters that we gave a damn about, this would be magic.

Since it feels like a Christmas gift to viewers  to get a hospital story these days that I don't cringe watching a doctor that specializes in infectious diseases waltzes around PC with an infectious disease.  After watching yesterday episodes that highlighted gangsters who extort, threaten, murder and commit other violent acts that continue to live in comfort and a rapist stuck inside a dog cage - this viewer welcomes ANY hospital story.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I have never liked the SORASed version of the character, whether played by JMB or by ER. And I liked Dante pretty much from the first day, so that was difficult. I'd liked Dominic Z. as Jammer on BSG, and then he fit into this show so well that I even enjoyed him with my least favorite characters, like Sonny and...well, Lulu. But I always thought Dante could do better, and at times I've thought Lulu is draining the life out of him. Like over time, the character has become more and more emasculated, walking on eggshells around his shrieky, high-maintenance wife, whose attitude often (not just with him, but with everyone) is "You're not telling me exactly what I want to hear, so you're not on my side!"

Taking my response to the history thread.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Everyone used to hate Sam when TIIC were trying to hammer her into the show.

I'm one who has continued to, to this day. They way they brought her on did seed resentment. It's probably different for someone who started watching three or five years later.

When I read the complaints about Rebecca Budig/Hayden, it's weirdly similar. Actress who was a popular character on a canceled ABC soap. Comes to GH. Sweaty desperation to make her new character "happen." Make her this one's love interest, make her that one's love interest, shove her into everyone's story, throw a lot of stuff at the wall and hope something sticks, quickly drop what does not. But above all, keep her on several days a week. Then, reveal she's related to a popular core character. Make them hate each other at first, to get everyone caught up in the thaw and the reluctant bonding.  

They were both the hard sell, for sure, about twelve years apart. Some people would say Sam worked better because she was the only one at that time who could be so described, whereas Hayden hit Port Charles when it was swarming with new characters played by homeless soap vets. But it has worked better for me this time around, because Rebecca Budig is doing a great job. Kelly Monaco's performance style is not to my taste at all (I find her grating to listen to a lot of the time), and this bad-ass character they eventually settled on for her to play is at odds with her laid-back, low-energy vibe. Plus, she's been attached to Jason's hip so much of the time, and a little of him (with either actor) goes a long way.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Lulu suffers from a painful history, and then we must remember her genetic background for nature and nurture reasons. She is the physical and psychological product of crazy willful non law-abiding rebellious rapist Luke Spencer and Laura-wig-on-a-stick crying breakdown. It's amazing that she can ever be rational and mature at all.  

Lulu's history is important and used to be why I could understand and defend some of Lulu's similar actions as she was growing up.   However, between the writing and ER's often perky, cheery interpretation, that connection to that troubled past became significantly blurred for me.  Julie always kept Lulu's past alive for me by maintaining the tone of someone who had been emotionally wounded.  Ironically, her Lulu took heat from some for being too sullen, too gloomy, too unsmiling.  Yet, it was this staying in character that enabled me to empathize with her Lulu and to root for her.  ER simply has not brought that emotional connection - at least not for me.  She doesn't have to have LIVED the experiences on screen; however, she has to sometimes act as if she did.  The writing didn't help - especially on a few occasions where Lulu's specific dialogue rather breezily dismissed her relationships with her father (and with Scotty) as just having  had some differences - differences which were in the past. 

Lulu needs to get an handle on her reactions.  With Dante and Rocco and a healthy mother in her life, she has so much of what she has always wanted.  And, at times, she does appear to have learned - most significantly in an important marriage conversation in 2012.  However, last year's story tore down that progress and the writers now seem to stuck in a mode where the only way they can give Lulu needed dimension is to build on her weakness.   Weaknesses that have become much harder to defend because of this disconnect with her past and because of a portrayal which, most of the time, carries no essence of the wounded person. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I haaaaaate what this show did to Sam. 

Right! I miss the Sam who had an edge. This cheery, housewife version is not for me.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't go that far! ;-) Valentin and Nina have their gross moments like every other couple. When they get all twee and teenagery, my feelings for Valentin are tested.

Why are all the ships being written like they're teenagers? The Valentin/Nina 'am I your boyfriend' shit is so bad. But honestly the teenagery of Franco/Liz is just the worst thing going on and that is truly saying something. Kevin/Laura are probably the least twee, and still they are already saying 'I love you' so. 

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Damn!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

whose attitude often (not just with him, but with everyone) is "You're not telling me exactly what I want to hear, so you're not on my side!"

Seriously. Are we sure she's related to Sonny only by marriage? This is his attitude as well.

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I appreciated that the writers actually, finally acknowledged some of the Sam/Franco issues. But they reeeeally should have just let Sam say them. 

It's appalling that Sam is saying this as a way for the SERIAL KILLER to wrestle with his conscience. He did everything Sam said. Yet it's not used for him to apologize to her, it's for him to soul search whether he's a decent person? Spoiler alert: He's not!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's appalling that Sam is saying this as a way for the SERIAL KILLER to wrestle with his conscience. He did everything Sam said. Yet it's not used for him to apologize to her, it's for him to soul search whether he's a decent person? Spoiler alert: He's not!

This whole Tom storyline has just been awful.  I don't get the notion of the audience supposedly thinking this is Franco's redemption when he kidnapped a man and held him hostage.  Just because he got the tables turned on him and is now hallucinating does not a redemption make.  

Ugh, every time I think about all the ways TPTB have tried to make Franco likeable I just get annoyed with James Franco and the entire conception of this character.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And this apparently is the only sin Franco thinks he has to weigh on the moral scale.  Not getting Michael raped, not strapping Sam and Lulu to bombs, not stabbing Heather, not kidnapping Ava's baby, not blackmailing Olivia, etc.

What he did to Sam was horrible, but it wasn't the only horrible thing he's done.  And he's done a number sans tumor!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And this apparently is the only sin Franco thinks he has to weigh on the moral scale.  Not getting Michael raped, not strapping Sam and Lulu to bombs, not stabbing Heather, not kidnapping Ava's baby, not blackmailing Olivia, etc.

To be fair, stabbing Heather and kidnapping that baby were good things. Too bad Heather didn't die and that kid came back.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I miss the Sam who had an edge. This cheery, housewife version is not for me.

I LOL'd when she was basically like, "Oh! Don't mind my appearance! I just threw myself together last minute!"

Meanwhile, her hair is professionally curled, makeup perfectly done, her outfit coordinated, etc.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I LOL'd when she was basically like, "Oh! Don't mind my appearance! I just threw myself together last minute!"

Meanwhile, her hair is professionally curled, makeup perfectly done, her outfit coordinated, etc.

"Maxie, I told you I didn't want to know the sex.  I can't believe you stole the results." - Said with the passion of an automated "your wait time is now 15 minutes" recording.

2 minutes later...

"That's ok, I forgive you." - Said sounding like a Stepford Wife.

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, LeftPhalange said:

They had Freako saying his a redeemed, better man WHILE HE HAS A MAN LOCKED INSIDE OF A DOG CAGE. And I don't think the contrast was to highlight how much of a psychotic freak he is. We're supposed to see him as doing a bad thing for the right reasons. I fully expect Tom to attack someone so Freako can be retroactively *justified*.

Looks like winner winner chicken dinner.

22 hours ago, Linny said:

Is the cake cutting another cliffhanger that won't be resolved for days? Why even bother with those scenes if there's no follow up?

Reasons/Helena/(23 hour) Commercial Break.

Glad that Hardy Boy Jason acknowledges that Julian blowing himself up doesn't make sense.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"Maxie, I told you I didn't want to know the sex.  I can't believe you stole the results." - Said with the passion of an automated "your wait time is now 15 minutes" recording.

2 minutes later...

"That's ok, I forgive you." - Said sounding like a Stepford Wife.

It really is nuts how Sam is basically stuck in an episode of The Brady Bunch.

• Love 4