Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Lulu fans are stronger than I am. I would be livid if this show gave my fave some random kid by a Cassadine.

I'm not a Lulu fan (well, except when JMB's Lulu was pissed at/disgusted by Scotty for what seemed like stalking of Laura, and also regarding his rage at Lulu for 'murdering my son' - you know, the guy who impaled himself after attacking Lulu and Maxie. The guy who had never been parented by Scott, who barely knew Scott).  But Lulu having a kid by her late brother's uncle is a little better than having a kid by her late brother's psycho father? Also the fact that Valentin has no violent history with Laura personally ... well except for the (supposedly accidental) shooting death of her first-born son.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What cracks me up about this is that Charlotte, Claudette, Griffin, and even Valentin are all creations of the current writers. (Valentin has always been just a name until now, right?) Jean, at least, keeps complaining about how she gets hamstrung by History!, and she can't even keep her own straight. Gah.

It probably does not help that folks (FV, script writers, and actors) keep changing the dialogue and the HW finds out when the show airs.

17 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

It probably does not help that folks (FV, script writers, and actors) keep changing the dialogue and the HW finds out when the show airs.

The actors aren't allowed to change the dialogue without permission. I think VERY few of them get it. Maybe Roger, that's about it. And MB never ad-libs cause he hates it.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, also: why are Jason and Sam banished to the Kelly's courtyard? Why are they not inside?

Teasing those of us who want them off-screen with their snoozeworthy "story."

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I mean . . . it could be worse. It has been worse. If she's actually Stavros' I might be able to scrounge up some hate among my apathy somewhere.

Sure, if we're ranking what's worse, Stavros wins. I think, regardless, I would hate this plot for my favorite character.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Teasing those of us who want them off-screen with their snoozeworthy "story."

Sure, if we're ranking what's worse, Stavros wins. I think, regardless, I would hate this plot for my favorite character.

There's no such thing as a good plot on this show . . . and considering what the plot was this time last year, at least I'm not raging. Although I do miss her scenes with Johnny. Those were good.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's no such thing as a good plot on this show . . . and considering what the plot was this time last year, at least I'm not raging. Although I do miss her scenes with Johnny. Those were good.

I'm not trying to get you to rage, btw. I'm glad you don't care. It's better that way. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The actors aren't allowed to change the dialogue without permission. I think VERY few of them get it. Maybe Roger, that's about it. And MB never ad-libs cause he hates it.

Ad-libbing shouldn't change the intent of the scene.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not trying to get you to rage, btw. I'm glad you don't care. It's better that way. 

Oh, I know you're not. I'm just saying, it's more tolerable to watch than last year.

And as bad as the whole cheating plot was, she could have Julexis' plot as well. Which, I am actually watching some of their scenes, but there's no way I think they can believably hook them back up unless they say Julian was not himself somehow, and that would be unbelievably lame. (Not that Lante hooked back up in a believable way either, but they COULD have, which is the difference.)

Plus, if Nina plays the role of Britt in this story, maybe she'll go the way of Britt (not to rub salt in @TeeVee329 's wounds.)

• Love 2

Ugh, Amy 2.0. Shut up, blabbermouth.

Rocco 2.0 lives up to SORAS.

Ava, again: Get the courts involved if you want Avery back. 

Why Carly didn't burst into flames when she accused Ava of using Avery as a weapon is beyond me. All of Carly's children have been subjected to at least one custody fight.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Oh, also: why are Jason and Sam banished to the Kelly's courtyard? Why are they not inside?

Because then they'd run into Laura and Anna, and we can't have characters in different stories crossing paths.

"So Oscar Jessups is a front for someone." "Why use that name?" Uh, because he's dead and that makes it harder to track down who's behind it. FFS, Jason. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Which, I am actually watching some of their scenes, but there's no way I think they can believably hook them back up unless they say Julian was not himself somehow, and that would be unbelievably lame.

Yup. It will be lame. I don't know how I feel about it. Like, if they had one of Robin's dudes try to kill her, I would never want her with him. Then again, I also see how fans think the writers completely screwed Julian over. (Even if I believe he was changed to be "good." He was never supposed to be "good.")

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yup. It will be lame. I don't know how I feel about it. Like, if they had one of Robin's dudes try to kill her, I would never want her with him. Then again, I also see how fans think the writers completely screwed Julian over. (Even if I believe he was changed to be "good." He was never supposed to be "good.")

Well, I don't think he was necessarily reformed at all but I think the sticking point was he tried to hurt Alexis, not that he was a killer in general.

If it's true Frank did want to get rid ofWdV, he shoulda sent them to married couple backburnerland. That would have worked better.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, I don't think he was necessarily reformed at all but I think the sticking point was he tried to hurt Alexis, not that he was a killer in general.

If it's true Frank did want to get rid ofWdV, he shoulda sent them to married couple backburnerland. That would have worked better.

I just don't like going too far with couples the show KNOWS it will go back to. I get that it's a soap. I get that relationships will go through BS. But there's just places you don't go. Trying to kill or threatening to kill a significant other is that place. I hated it with JaSam, too. I still side-eye them bc of that Jason threat.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I just don't like going too far with couples the show KNOWS it will go back to. I get that it's a soap. I get that relationships will go through BS. But there's just places you don't go. Trying to kill or threatening to kill a significant other is that place. I hated it with JaSam, too. I still side-eye them bc of that Jason threat.

Yep. 

20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Unless you're Sonny and Carly I suppose.

But yeah, I agree. Maybe they didn't think they were going back to Julexis. Damn it, if Ron were headwriter he woulda thrown some tantrum and given us a hint.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm not a Lulu fan (well, except when JMB's Lulu was pissed at/disgusted by Scotty for what seemed like stalking of Laura, and also regarding his rage at Lulu for 'murdering my son' - you know, the guy who impaled himself after attacking Lulu and Maxie. The guy who had never been parented by Scott, who barely knew Scott).  But Lulu having a kid by her late brother's uncle is a little better than having a kid by her late brother's psycho father? Also the fact that Valentin has no violent history with Laura personally ... well except for the (supposedly accidental) shooting death of her first-born son.

I am taking my response to the history page.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Because the only thing keeping them awake is the brisk winter air?  Also, if the show actually wants it to seem like they're brilliant P.I.s maybe have them puzzle one thing out without making the obligatory call to Spinelli who can "enhance" whatever "footage" they always seem to find.

Other thoughts:

- How did Carly and Sonny not get struck by lightning when they were actually acting like they had some moral high ground over Ava?  It's like Son of Sam chastising the Boston Strangler for inappropriately touching his victims.

- "You're a drunk!"/"You tried to kill me."  Literally that's all I got from the Alexis/Julian scenes. 

- The Lulu baby story is back and I want to tear my eyes out of my head.  That last scene was just so bad, with Valentin and Nina parting like the Red Sea for Lulu to feast her eyes on her daughter. 

• Love 7

Rocco looks eerily like the red-headed Micheal. 

I'm still waiting for what career they came up with for Kiki.  Forest Ranger?  Letter Turner on Wheel of Fortune?

Kind of disappointed only a necklace ended up in Sonny's bed.  I was hoping Carly would find Nell's knickers and stop being all loving and supportive of Sonny.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Kind of disappointed only a necklace ended up in Sonny's bed.  I was hoping Carly would find Nell's knickers and stop being all loving and supportive of Sonny.

oh, she'd go back to that in 2 seconds. Maybe Sonny should sleep with Liz. That would probably piss Carly off for a while.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes I was and am ready to see Carly's head explode with the awareness of Nelle's treachery. In the bedroom getting the presents would have been the perfect opportunity, since Carly had just finished driving Ava off, and Sonny had fresh hope of reconciliation with her. I would have liked to see Carly and Sonny start kissing and fall onto the bed, and Carly's hand discovering the knickers under a pillow. But the writers apparently want a public humiliation sometime in the future after we are heartily sick of Nelle and are fast-forwarding through all their scenes.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Lulu baby story is back and I want to tear my eyes out of my head.  That last scene was just so bad, with Valentin and Nina parting like the Red Sea for Lulu to feast her eyes on her daughter. 

Ironically, the Lantes have just had a second honeymoon at the Metro, courtesy of Laura, so naturally it's time to for the writers to give them looming problems and a breakup. Did they have even 24 hours of happiness together?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
13 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Which of the following texts is beneath that peel-away sign on the side of the mystery van that Jason and Curtis are ransacking?

1. "Corinthos Coffees and Gummy Bears"
  2. "Metro Maids Service"
  3. "General Hospital Candy Stripers"
  4. "Kelly's Deli Deliveries"
  5. "ELQ Executive Van"
  6. "PCPD" (and in small print: "Protect and Serve")
  7. "Wyndemere Castle and Spoon Island Tours"

8. "Reasons, Helena, and Commercial Break, LLC"

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I think that my problem is that there is no longer a character that I really care about.

I've been there for several months now. But honestly in some ways that makes it a lot easier to watch. I don't know how people who actually care about any of these characters can still watch this show.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, if the show actually wants it to seem like they're brilliant P.I.s maybe have them puzzle one thing out without making the obligatory call to Spinelli who can "enhance" whatever "footage" they always seem to find.

Those scenes and the one with Jason and Curtis searching the van were painful. You could tell they were trying not to make Jason the only one who could come up with answers, but it made them all sound so very, very stupid.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That last scene was just so bad, with Valentin and Nina parting like the Red Sea for Lulu to feast her eyes on her daughter. 

I actually kind of loved that blocking, precisely because it was so epically cheesy. 

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm still waiting for what career they came up with for Kiki.  Forest Ranger?  Letter Turner on Wheel of Fortune?

Mayor of Port Charles.

6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I think that my problem is that there is no longer a character that I really care about.

I still care about a few, mostly vets—Anna (I know), Laura, Kevin—but the stories are so deadly dull that I have to be satisfied that I'm seeing them onscreen.

• Love 4

Sam hassling Alexis and then shading Alexis, pretending to sell it as concern, to Molly about whether Alexis is feeling warm and fuzzy for Julian was just UGH.

No Sam. That's YOUR thing. Getting horny for the guy who threatened you/kidnapped you is YOUR turn on. Remember Sonny carjacking you and holding a gun to your head? Where did that lead to? How about Jason threatening to kill you? What happened then?  How about you shut your stupid face then, hmmm?

And it is utterly CRIMINAL that Curtis is being wasted as Jason's assistant. All the sexiness just drains out of him. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I still care about a few, mostly vets—Anna (I know), Laura, Kevin—but the stories are so deadly dull that I have to be satisfied that I'm seeing them onscreen.

I still like Anna but I need her to get out of the Griffin bubble.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Vella said:

Sam hassling Alexis and then shading Alexis, pretending to sell it as concern, to Molly about whether Alexis is feeling warm and fuzzy for Julian was just UGH.

No Sam. That's YOUR thing. Getting horny for the guy who threatened you/kidnapped you is YOUR turn on. Remember Sonny carjacking you and holding a gun to your head? Where did that lead to? How about Jason threatening to kill you? What happened then?  How about you shut your stupid face then, hmmm?

And it is utterly CRIMINAL that Curtis is being wasted as Jason's assistant. All the sexiness just drains out of him. 

This!  This is why when I hear how Sam is a badass and that JaSam are soul mates makes me LMAO.  Jason threatened to blow Sam's head off and he meant every word.  

• Love 3

For me, it would have been a lot more enjoyable and believable for Lante to have fertility issues and that took a toll on their marriage to the point that both of them strayed with Johnny and Valerie.  Johnny could have been the one to knock up Lulu and that caused more issues in Lante marriage, while Dante found out that his sperm was dead.

• Love 2

The slo-mo shot of Charlotte turning to face Lulu was even more epically cheesy than yesterday's Red Sea parting of Valentin and Nina. Subtlety was never GH's strong point, so they might as well lean in when it comes to anvils.

I'm loving Valentin giving no fucks about Lulu and Dante hating him. He shouldn't care what they think of him. I'm also loving his cat-that-ate-the-canary smile. James Patrick Stuart has resting smug face, and it works here.

LOL about Nelle doing so much for the Corinthii. If they only knew.

Looks like we're getting Nelle vs. Lauren, and I'm Team Lauren here.

Ugh, Alexis, take your chances with Julian. Call his bluff.

• Love 3

Today was lame. As if it wasn't bad enough to see Carly and Ava argue about Avery yesterday, today we were treated to Nina and Lulu sniping at each other over Charlotte. It was dumb for Lulu to claim to care because Charlotte is Nicholas' cousin. I have about half a fuck to give about this kid's parentage, so for the love of God please settle it once and for all.

I thought Sonny was going to strangle Carly when he went to put that scarf on her. That was awkward looking. And it's been two months since Morgan died, can Carly go back to wearing color now?

Jason and Curtis still don't hold my attention, but can you imagine how much worse it would be with Shawn in place of Curtis? Curtis at least is charismatic and has a sense of humor. If we must have another mob adjacent sidekick, I'm glad it's Curtis.

Now that Nelle is officially shady I guess she can't stop stirring shit up. She just had to get under Kiki's skin about Morgan and Michael. Now I'm hoping that Kiki will be involved in exposing Nelle's bad behavior.

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Looks like we're getting Nelle vs. Lauren, and I'm Team Lauren here.

I was stunned the show acknowledged Kiki and Michael having dated.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Now that Nelle is officially shady I guess she can't stop stirring shit up. She just had to get under Kiki's skin about Morgan and Michael. Now I'm hoping that Kiki will be involved in exposing Nelle's bad behavior.

The Co-captain of Team Alcoholic can have a seat and STFU. I'm just glad somebody was allowed to bring up the Michael/Morgan issue

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Every time I see Dante with that beard and wearing flannel, I can only assume he's crying over Robin. 

I'm ready for that shirt to be burnt. 

Kiki: the secret I kept from Michael was almost as awful as it was complicated.

???????????????????????????? Not only was it not almost as awful as it was complicated, it was worse than it was complicated, and in fact it was not complicated at all. Shut UP, writers/kiki.

Nelle: It would be understandable if you [Kiki] had hard feelings towards Carly.

Oh, Nelle, that would be slightly interesting, so we can't have that.

Too soon Kevin, too soon. What the hell.

I want Molly and Valentin to take a shine to each other.

Why is Michael interfering with Sonny/Carly. Let them sort out their own crap.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Too soon Kevin, too soon. What the hell.

Well, given the limited screen time he and Laura are gonna get, it's either say it now or hold your peace for, like, five weeks.

And I assume that wherever Lucy is (so is that whole subplot with her and Scotty just over now?), she felt a sharp pang and isn't sure why.

• Love 2

Please please please let Nelly set her sights on Kiki. I need for someone, anyone, to hate this loser. If she goes after her I may even start spelling her name correctly. I hope Kiki walks in on her fucking Dillon.

Valentin needs to drop a house on Lante and pt them out of their misery. 

WTF to Lulu and Laura saying they're interested in Charlotte because she's related to Nik. What does that have to do with anything? It's not like he and Valentin had any kind of relationship. 

Alexis should've smothered Julian with a pillow. And then run over Ava and Kiki.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I want Molly and Valentin to take a shine to each other.

That would be amazing.

7 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Please please please let Nelly set her sights on Kiki.

Zzzzzz. Nelle's plan for the Corinthii is boring enough. Going after Lauren is a waste of everyone's time.

I have no problem with Sam saying the stuff she said to Alexis. Yes Jason threatened to kill her for the Jake incident. I was pissed at his ass when he did it. The shit was null and void to me the next day when he ran his punkass over the next day when Sam called. He never laid on hand on her. Much less held a knife to her throat.

If anything this shit is comical as I remember the lectures Alexis used to give Sam on dating bad boys when she herself has been with most of the same ones Sam has. She also had kids with must of them too.

• Love 4

So instead of Nikolas having a new niece and half-sister by his grown half-sister, he has a cousin by his half-sister instead. I guess it's better? Only not really and the writers can't do math either, and all of this sucks.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Show needs to beg BB to come back. Johnny can cam back, Lulu could tell him about Charlotte, and next thing they know, Nina "accidentally" dies. Woo!

And then Johnny hooks up with Lulu so Dante can spread those wings towards Sam? Djjdhsjhdjwjs. I'm sorry, I'm getting out of hand.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

So instead of Nikolas having a new niece and half-sister by his grown half-sister, he has a cousin by his half-sister instead. I guess it's better? Only not really and the writers can't do math either, and all of this sucks.

This comment reminded me that I do not miss Nikolas.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

And then Johnny hooks up with Lulu so Dante can spread those wings towards Sam? Djjdhsjhdjwjs. I'm sorry, I'm getting out of hand.

I want Dante to walk in on Johnny screwing Lulu. He tries to fight Johnny but Johnny beats his ass while Lulu records it on her phone. Dante starts crying and runs off. Then Lulu finds out she's pregnant and Johnny is the father. Dante starts crying again.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I want Dante to walk in on Johnny screwing Lulu. He tries to fight Johnny but Johnny beats his ass while Lulu records it on her phone. Dante starts crying and runs off. Then Lulu finds out she's pregnant and Johnny is the father. Dante starts crying again.

Lante done? I'm game.

• Love 1