Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who remembers that Valentine was on the plane behind Laura and Kevin when they were flying back from Switzerland?  I can't find a screen cap anywhere, but I am so positive.  Can anyone find it?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's "It's his handwriting!" when she opened Morgan's journal was funny. Who's handwriting would it be? I know Carly reading it is supposed to make us feel sorry for him, but it just irritated me. If he felt like things were falling apart, why didn't he go to see Andre as soon as he noticed? Once again, it's never the fault of a Corinthos.

I'd have thought Alexis would have a rudimentary knowledge of Greek. Not enough to read legalese, but enough to read the title.

re: Carly, I guess it was to show that a part of her did think it may have been a fake let by someone for their own reasons.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Alexis knew Greek when she was first on the show. I'm pretty sure she said part of Bobbie and Stefan's marriage ceremony in Greek.

• Love 1

Funny that Jason also has no problem with intimidating people to get what he wants too.

And so much for Jason settling into his Q roots.  This actor only seems to come alive when the script calls for him to threaten people. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2

Oh, for the love of...

Alexis totally speaks Greek. She grew up on a Greek island, for starters, and also I distinctly remember a bit of dialogue not long after she first appeared when she was talking about a computer program or virus and said, "it's all Greek to me," and then laughed about what a weird expression that was for someone who actually spoke Greek.

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You guys, Jason is being held hostage and someone needs to find him.

...to kill him most sincerely dead?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"Hey, sugar."

LMAOOOOOOOO.

His "I like to give hugs" line to Carly confirmed that for me.  I could *maybe* buy him saying that to comfort young Molly or Josslyn if he found one of them sitting alone, welling up with tears over Morgan - and then she just collapsed in his arms sobbing.  But the way he speaks to Carly, Sam, and others now...just NO. I laugh at the memory of Sam telling him (before he 'got all memories back'): "You're really not that different."

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"Hey, sugar."

LMAOOOOOOOO.

pikajase!

Angry-Pikachu-pikachu-31615380-300-225_z

23 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, for the love of...

Alexis totally speaks Greek. She grew up on a Greek island, for starters, and also I distinctly remember a bit of dialogue not long after she first appeared when she was talking about a computer program or virus or and said, "it's all Greek to me," and then laughed about what a weird expression that was for someone who actually spoke Greek.

...to kill him most sincerely dead?

I could buy her forgetting a lot of it by now, but as dubbel zout said, she should be able to parse the title of the book, at least.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I didn't have a problem with the Jasam scenes today because they weren't really needed. It gave them something to do and Sam wasn't stuck on a couch rubbing her belly. They were playing good cop, bad cop. They were never going to do anything to Pete. NuJason is more prone to call the cops unless someone lays hands on Sam.

I wish they could go back to their violent pasts cause then Franco and a few other people would he the smackdowns I wish they had gotten.

• Love 5
On 11/3/2016 at 9:28 PM, teenj12 said:

See, I (and probably most others) can tolerate Jason/Sonny as romantic leads because they're at least strongly apart of General Hospital lore, for better or worse. Franco feels like an intruder to me, and after three or so years of him being a regular, I still don't think that he fits in with the show/other characters. Much is actually the case for lots of the newbies. 

I did not write what you quoted, because I agree with you to say the very least. I was responding to the post you quoted.

Morgan had a diary? Morgan couldn't read!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

See, I (and probably most others) can tolerate Jason/Sonny as romantic leads because they're at least strongly apart of General Hospital lore, for better or worse. Franco feels like an intruder to me, and after three or so years of him being a regular, I still don't think that he fits in with the show/other characters

I started watching in the '70s and Jason/Sonny (and the whole Corinthos family) have ripped apart GH lore and feel like intruders to this viewer.  Franco/Nina are just more recent examples.  Dissonance.

• Love 5

I watched Thursday and Friday back to back today because I'm sick, on medication, and apparently a masochist.  The only things that stood out to me were the Curtis/Jordan scenes and the fantastic reading of the latest literary piece,  Diary of Douche Bro- The Morgan Corinthos Diary.   I really hope it ends up that Julian, Ava, Valentin, or a spiraled out Carly/Sonny made up that diary because that's not what I imagined it to me at all.  Also, Carly trusts the fact that Morgan made pencil marks in his diary that he took his meds?  (Yeah I know Ava switched them, but still.)  This is a woman who's been screwed over via secret recording a few times.  Has she learned nothing?  Lol.  I mean, he stole a paper.  Maybe he just paid a classmate to write it so his parents would leave him alone about his meds.    Also, the line (paraphrasing) "Wow, I almost jumped off the roof.  That was crazy, dude.  Intense.  And the cabin.  Whoa."   So, maybe he did write it.

Also, maybe this show is breaking me, but I found Curtis/Jordan strangely hot in their scenes.   I like fierce and fiery.   Plus, they're so pretty and seem to not like Sonny.  It works for me.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Vella said:

I actually really liked her yelling at him today, because it was about Valerie. How Curtis risked Valerie's career by his selfishness and that she knew he'd let Valerie down.  I wish she'd been able to take it a step further and highlight how hard it is for women in male dominated fields, especially women of color and how he compromised and undermined Valerie and her reputation SO MUCH by what he did. Jordan would know the struggle Valerie faces, she is also a woman of color and a police officer. She gets the seriousness of it. The attempted slap was stupid, I agree, but I did like her standing up for her colleague and friend.  What Curtis did to Valerie was awful.

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But this has been Jordan's opinion about Curtis all along so her anger today wasn't actually about Valerie.

17 hours ago, Vella said:

His betrayal of Valerie confirmed what she already experienced herself and believed would happen again.  So she was angry that he'd proven her right and she was angry that he'd betrayed Valerie and potentially ruined her career.  Isn't that what often happens? You just KNOW someone is going to screw up, you yell at them for it and even though they INSIST it won't happen and that they've changed, they screw up and take someone down with them. Someone you know, mentor and care about.  Of course she's pissed about what she already suspected coming to fruition, but also about what it did to Valerie.

You both make good points! I'm pissed with BOTH Curtis and Jordan.  However, I will give Jordan credit for calling Curtis out for what he did to the woman he has been dating.  Jordan was right when she said that Curtis jeopardized Valerie's career.  As a former cop, he knew better - he knew the risk to Valerie and had just finished promising her that he wouldn't compromise her work status when he ended up doing just that.  And Jordan was right when she said that Valerie had given Curtis a lesson in integrity by coming forth with the truth.  (As an aside, I know that Valerie's ethics have rightly been called into question; however, people change and learn from their mistakes and I think Valerie showed us that she has done that.  She refused to compromise her principles for a man (even a hot, man like Curtis) by maintaining her independence and self-respect by walking away from him after his lies and broken promise.  And she owned her mistake in leaving the file accessible by rightly reporting the incident to Jordan - even though she knew that she could suffer serious consequences for doing so.  So points to Valerie for being the most honest and ethical person in this mess).

But back to Curtis and Jordan, Jordan was also right when, from past experience, she equated Curtis's police history with her to the way he used Valerie to his advantage.

However, TEEVEE is also spot on in suggesting that Jordan's real motive in this situation was not about Valerie but about her long-standing anger at Curtis.  And I'm going to take Jordan's words and actions a step further.  I'm seeing signs  that Jordan may have been fighting an attraction to Curtis all along - that her perhaps libidinous subsconscious blurred the lines between the personal and the professional even in her warnings and threat to Curtis's girlfriend and her employee, Valerie.  Something to think about.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"Hey, sugar."

LMAOOOOOOOO.

No! Tell me you're joking and he didn't really say this!

3 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

I'm seeing signs that Jordan may have been fighting an attraction to Curtis all along ...

That's been clear since their first scene. And I was over it then, so the fact that they're still toying with it a year or whatever later is really annoying.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

Does this show seriously expect me to believe that Morgan wrote in a diary. Reading and writing didn't seem like his strong suits. 

I legit wish that Morgan's Diary would be released as an actual book.  GH already released Molly's stupid book, Spinelli's dumb book, and something from Diane.   I want to be able to read Diary of a Jackass: The Morgan Corinthos Diary, a Tale of A Beautiful Bipolar Boy Who Took His Meds Just For His Mom.   Gah. 

Lol.   I actually do like this Jordan/Curtis/Val triangle for once.  Mostly because I almost never see Val.   I just get to see Curtis and Jordan being super sexy and steamy.   It's a slow build and I'm surprised the writers are actually doing this.   Usually they'd have had sex, gotten pregnant, divorced, and tried to kill each other by now. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

No! Tell me you're joking and he didn't really say this!

That's been clear since their first scene. And I was over it then, so the fact that they're still toying with it a year or whatever later is really annoying.

Feel the same way and the build has been more annoying than constructive. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I legit wish that Morgan's Diary would be released as an actual book.  GH already released Molly's stupid book, Spinelli's dumb book, and something from Diane.   I want to be able to read Diary of a Jackass: The Morgan Corinthos Diary, a Tale of A Beautiful Bipolar Boy Who Took His Meds Just For His Mom.   Gah. 

Lol.   I actually do like this Jordan/Curtis/Val triangle for once.  Mostly because I almost never see Val.   I just get to see Curtis and Jordan being super sexy and steamy.   It's a slow build and I'm surprised the writers are actually doing this.   Usually they'd have had sex, gotten pregnant, divorced, and tried to kill each other by now. 

I don't see Jordan and Curtis as some slow build at all. A slow build comes with the stipulation that characters and/or their story receive an ample amount of focus. Jordan and Curtis started out bickering then he got moved towards Valerie and then onto Nina and her long-standing nonsense. Jordan and Curtis went months without interaction.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Bishop said:

Kiki gets more screen time than any of the vet characters her age too.  Griffin has a front burner storyline and so does Hayden and Finn.  I don't get this.  It's why I become so resentful of the new characters.  It's not that I don't like some of them, but the writers are crafting stories for THEM, not the vets.  I'm sorry, but I don't care about most of these new characters with the exception of a few.  I'd rather see much more of [vets].  When we do get vets, it's the SAME vets over and over.

This! Kiki, Franco, Hatechel, Griffin, Finn, etc are apparently the Head Writer's favorites, many of whom were imported from other or defunct soaps. The newbies and imports are given elaborate but nonsensical plots and woven into the story canvas by having beefs from the past with vets and/or lovers or children who are vets or related to vet families. Vets with the exception of Carly and Sonny, Pet Supercouple,  are given as little screen time as possible to establish and maintain the weak and unlikely ties and relationships with the newbies and imports. Deaths are often retconned, and real, legitimate relationships and histories with vets are neglected or left unexplained, due to writers' laziness.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

And she owned her mistake in leaving the file accessible by rightly reporting the incident to Jordan - even though she knew that she could suffer serious consequences for doing so.  So points to Valerie for being the most honest and ethical person in this mess).

TBH, I'm annoyed Valerie isn't getting even a slap on the wrist for this. It's not as if the files were in an unlocked drawer or  an office. They were on a desk in the middle of the squad room—anyone had access to them, not just someone as evil as Curtis (/sarcasm). Jordan's righteousness about not wanting to ruin Valerie's career because of what Curtis did rubbed me the wrong way.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

the fact that they're still toying with it a year or whatever later is really annoying.

I don't want Curtis and Jordan together. She's awful. (Sorry, Vinessa Antoine, I still love you!) 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Curtis and Jordan together. She's awful. (Sorry, Vinessa Antoine, I still love you!) 

Outside of his friendship with Hayden, which seems to have been forgotten, Curtis is pretty useless himself. The only thing he does is get into arguments with Jordan, date Val, and now work as a mob lackey. 

• Love 2

TBH, I'm annoyed Valerie isn't getting even a slap on the wrist for this. It's not as if the files were in an unlocked drawer or  an office. They were on a desk in the middle of the squad room—anyone had access to them, not just someone as evil as Curtis (/sarcasm). Jordan's righteousness about not wanting to ruin Valerie's career because of what Curtis did rubbed me the wrong way.

And Valerie would agree with you.  She certainly expected that her career had been jeopardized.  But don't you see that her owning what she did wrong and going to her boss even though she knew the career risks make her action brave, honest and principled?  This isn't about the mistake;  rather its' about the WAY in which she is handling the mistake. 

But we do agree about not wanting Curtis and Jordan together. 

47 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

But don't you see that her owning what she did wrong and going to her boss even though she knew the career risks make her action brave, honest and principled? 

Eh, it was a way to be morally superior to Curtis. I'm not a giant Val fan, so I'm biased against her. I wish I could like her, but the writing for her has been bad from the get-go (as is sadly the case for too many characters), and BS gives her a smugness that hasn't been earned.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Eh, it was a way to be morally superior to Curtis. I'm not a giant Val fan, so I'm biased against her.

This is where I'm at, too. Yes, admitting her screw-up was the right thing to do, but that was immediately undercut by her being absolved. That she wasn't punished isn't Val's fault, but if doing the right thing had cost her, even a little bit, that would help me - pre-disposed to dislike her as I am - to have some sympathy rather than just rolling my eyes.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"Hey, sugar."

LMAOOOOOOOO.

It didn't bother me, because it seemed like it was a part of their "act".   Now if he starts calling her sugar at home....But they were playing around, doing a bit with Pete.  I don't think it was supposed to be a serious thing.   Just like I can't see Sam calling him honey outside of this.  Babe is one thing, honey is just.....not JaSam.

I don't care if it made sense or not, I love Sam in PI mode so the scenes didn't bother me.

Edit : (The above sentence was a general reply, not to you directly HeatLifer)

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 8

Eh, it was a way to be morally superior to Curtis. I'm not a giant Val fan, so I'm biased against her. I wish I could like her, but the writing for her has been bad from the get-go (as is sadly the case for too many characters), and BS gives her a smugness that hasn't been earned.

You said it all when you said you're biased against her.  No need to say more.  You will see smugness and bad behavior in whatever she does.

And, BTW, Valerie fan or not, I truly do not see how her choices in this scenario are her trying to play oneupmanship with Curtis re being morally superior . Her being focused on her role as a cop has been a key part of her character since she joined the academy.  What you are saying suggests that she is behaving differently in this scenario because of what Curtis did to her this time - and that is not the case.

But, as we've established, you'll see bad in whatever she does. 

You will see smugness and bad behavior in whatever she does.

Like cheating with a married man?  If they wanted her to stand for integrity by putting her morals ahead of her affection for Curtis, they should have started with a more upstanding character.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

BS gives her a smugness that hasn't been earned.

I'm sorry, but I truly can not stand to look at BS' face anymore. The way she moves her mouth annoys me to no end and I agree that she gives Valerie a smugness that really hurts the character immensely.

22 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Like cheating with a married man? 

Exactly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

But, as we've established, you'll see bad in whatever she does. 

I didn't say that. I'm more likely to think the worst, but I will give her credit when credit is due. I don't think that this is a case where it's warranted. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I think Anna will say she's gone sometime next week. I don't expect a goodbye scene anymore bc she's gonna be visiting randomly now.

Robin and Jason should have shared a scene, though. This show always drops the ball, I swear.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, i feel like she'll make an appearance at Morgan's memorial, but we'll see.

I'd like that. They should have just focused her time on that instead of the Griffin nonsense.

• Love 3

Does Robin even know GH is shut down? I would love it if Robin were allowed to care about something other than Sonny, Jason and/or Anna because none of them have ever spent much time, energy or inclination to think about her. Certainly not the level at which she has shown them.  I'd much prefer her to seek out Monica and talk about Alan and GH and what the hospital means to her and her family. Something original and not tired and fake.

And for goodness sake, give her a scene with the man who raised her and was her actual family since she was a child. Mac.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 5

I could see Sam calling Jason, honey at home. I mean she has basically called him other pet names before. She has called him babe, baby and sweetheart.

If Jason were to start calling Sam pet names at home, it would not shock me in the slightest. When Jason was played by Steve, the man used to make Sam meals and served her tea with an actual silver tea set and flowers. He showed a sensitive side to Sam that most people didn't get to see. That is why Maxie called him a big teddy bear.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

You said it all when you said you're biased against her.  No need to say more.  You will see smugness and bad behavior in whatever she does.

If anyone likes Val it'so thanks to the writers. She came on the scene and almost immediately tried to kill Fluke. Yes, he tried to kill her first, but still. If I were writing this show I wouldn't bring on a newbie and then quickly have them try to kill a core legacy character while he was having a psychotic break. Then she was put in Lulu and Dante's orbit where she soon started having an affair with him. Instead of showing remorse and sincerely apologizing, she (and Dante) tried to make it seem like it was Lulu's fault that they decided to screw. Then there was that out of character bullshit where Johnny left her to burn to death, which was clearly just a way to dirty Lulu up so Val would look better by comparison. Now she hardly gets any screen time and is just another token black character. They made her a Spencer but don't bother to have her interact with any of them. We know very little about her - other than her mother liked holidays, she apparently had aspirations of becoming a cop, and that she has no problems screwing married men in their marital bed. The writers have done nothing to give the audience a reason to have any sympathy for her, root for her, or give her the benefit of the doubt. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

The writers have done nothing to give the audience a reason to have any sympathy for her, root for her, or give her the benefit of the doubt. 

Really though. And yet I feel like we're definitely supposed to sympathize with her. It's like how we're supposed to sympathize with Franco yet they keep writing him as a stalker who taunts his victims and feels no remorse for what he did. The writers just don't get it.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's like how we're supposed to sympathize with Franco yet they keep writing him as a stalker who taunts his victims and feels no remorse for what he did. The writers just don't get it.

Somehow it seems that the writers think we the audience don't get it. They keep showing us how twee, cute, dear and sexy Franco is, and we're just blind and so mean to him </sarcasm>.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

It didn't bother me, because it seemed like it was a part of their "act".   Now if he starts calling her sugar at home....But they were playing around, doing a bit with Pete.  I don't think it was supposed to be a serious thing.   Just like I can't see Sam calling him honey outside of this.  Babe is one thing, honey is just.....not JaSam.

I don't care if it made sense or not, I love Sam in PI mode so the scenes didn't bother me.

Edit : (The above sentence was a general reply, not to you directly HeatLifer)

I actually wouldn't mind if Jason called  her whatever in a home setting. My ongoing issue is just that the show won't allow Sam or other characters to comment on the fact that Jason's personality and sense of humor is different.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If anyone likes Val it'so thanks to the writers. 

Oh, there are a couple of people (not directed at you, Aurora2) who hate ER's Lulu and would have liked anyone who came in between her and Dante even if that character was played by  - what's her face, awful Maxie recast #1 - Daneel? No, Danica Stewart. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, i feel like she'll make an appearance at Morgan's memorial, but we'll see.

That would make sense, given her conversation with Sonny, her staying through the memorial and then going home to Patrick.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If anyone likes Val it's no thanks to the writers. 

I think the biggest mistake the show made was immediately offing Pat the moment she wasn't need to exposit about Fluke's past.  They could have done more with both of them and their relationships with the Spencers before offing Pat.  And it would have given Val's overarching character trait all last year - her grief about her mom's death - more nuance.

• Love 10