Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Did I miss a line explaining why Elizabeth wasn't at the gathering at Wyndemere? As Nik's BFF, and the one person (aside from his mother, Laura and sister, Lulu) who wasn't angry with him when he died ... or supposedly died, whatever ... she should have been there (no Franco, or mention of him). I'm not counting Alexis, because she was hurt - or at least upset - that Nik's actions re: Jason resulted in Sam being hurt and angry, feeling Danny had been deprived, etc.  On a semi-related note, does Valentin know Alexis and Sam are mother and daughter, and that Alexis also has Kristina and Molly? 

I expected Liz to be there and possibly mention that Laura selling it maybe was for the best - some bad memories like Emily dying there, her betraying Lucky there with Nikolas, Helena's torments.

I think the Kristina-Sonny scene(s) were supposed to come off as touching, but what I saw was a girl desperate for her father's love and attention. The plea for a Dad-daughters (Avery included) Halloween was just ... sad.  Also didn't like Kristina propping up her father with b.s. yet again - that he gave Morgan a good life. No, Jax gave Morgan a good life, until Carly sent him away to school.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

If Alexis is going to develop a drinking problem it should be because she's having an identity crisis over not being allowed to practice law, NOT because of Julian. She knew he was a lying, selfish, murderer who will always put himself first before she married him, so she should be surprised that their marriage failed. They ween't together long enough for her to be acting like this so she needs to pick up the pieces and move on to her next criminal. 

If Bobbie can realize that Nelly is shady then so should Carly. Maybe not right this minute, but Carly should have been suspicious of her awhile ago. I don't think she would've believed that story about her being Joss' donor, especially not with Jax showing up and acting obviously shady. I mean come on, you can't give Nelly Carly's intro story AND have her go after Carly AND have Carly not recognize the signs. Maybe this would be more believable if Nelly had showed up right after Morgan died and Carly was too distracted to pay attention.

Spencer is in boarding school and now they're getting rid of Wydemere. This feels like a way to remove Nik's presence from the show so it will be easier to have no characters ever mention him.

Speaking of Wydemere, how is Laura even able to sell it? Did Spencer give her his permission?

I guess Liez is too busy hanging out with Freako to show up to the party in honor of her alleged best friend.

Still don't care about Valentin. He either needs to start going after people I don't like or GTFO.

• Love 4

Griffin/Charlotte/Anna can stay, those scenes were nice and I like seeing Anna able to focus on something other than Duke's death - but Claudette needs to stay gone. 

Valentin could not be more lame and pointless

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I legit don't even remember Rocco scenes. Has he ever spoken? 

I don't recall that he is spoken. I was amused that today they didn't show him together with Lulu at the Halloween party. When she was seen carrying him around before he walked, Lulu looked completely overwhelmed when trying to hold the kid, who  looked huge next to her petite figure. Today Rocco was shown being carried by men only.

Lulu mentioned that Rocco had been to a sugar-filled party all morning, so I wondered if he should be given more candy at the police station. Poor kid was probably sick as a dog by bedtime.

10 hours ago, Bishop said:

Robin has ALWAYS been in Sonny's corner.  Period.  I don't see her as a mob apologist.  She's a Sonny apologist, but she also has had him be very good to her and to Stone over the years.  So I get why she loves him.  I don't think everyone has to hate Sonny just because.  Robin has very good reasons for loving Sonny, and I don't consider it propping.  jmo.

Sure, Robin has good feelings for Sonny. Stone adored him. Sonny supported hers and Stone's relationship.  But that was seen through the eyes of a love sick teenager. Sonny also was horrifically terrible to her friends, Karen and Jagger. Stone's freaking brother. He ordered a goddamn HIT on them. TEENAGERS! He shot Robin in front of her young child. He has done some nightmarish things. But it is ALWAYS whitewashed away with Robin. I would love to see Robin to tell Sonny that while she has always loved his ability to love misfits like Stone, Jason and even herself, he is a bad person. That it doesn't matter how much blood money he donates to charities and good causes. He is at his happiest being A MURDERING CRIMELORD BULLY. He has had the love of plenty of good people. And plenty of reasons to stay clear of the crime game. But he likes it. That should pissed Robin off. I think that if Robin told him all of this, it would be only honest shot at true redemption for Sonny. I don't think that Jason even has a chance at being able to doing anything similar for Sonny. Robin has always been a touchstone Sonny. Jason like of lost that with this Sam centric year Jason has had.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bobbie talking about BJ today drew even more attention to this identical setup - a woman's (Bobbie/Carly) marriage is rocked by the death of a child (BJ/Morgan), which allows a scheming woman who pitches herself as her friend (Carly/Nelle) to get her claws into her family.

The only real difference I can see is that Bobbie and Tony were having marital problems. Thanks to Damien showing an interest in Bobbie. Which Bobbie reciprocated. Carly and Sonny weren't having those issues.

39 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Bobbie can realize that Nelly is shady then so should Carly. Maybe not right this minute, but Carly should have been suspicious of her awhile ago. I don't think she would've believed that story about her being Joss' donor, especially not with Jax showing up and acting obviously shady. I mean come on, you can't give Nelly Carly's intro story AND have her go after Carly AND have Carly not recognize the signs. Maybe this would be more believable if Nelly had showed up right after Morgan died and Carly was too distracted to pay attention.

Spencer is in boarding school and now they're getting rid of Wydemere. This feels like a way to remove Nik's presence from the show so it will be easier to have no characters ever mention him.

Speaking of Wydemere, how is Laura even able to sell it? Did Spencer give her his permission?

The only saving grace in Carly's lack of vision with Nelle is that you can say that she somehow feels guilty and absolutely grateful for Joss's kidney. Otherwise,  yeah, it would've been smarter to introduce Nelle after Morgan's demise by Sonny's stupidity. 

As for Laura and Wydermere, it all depends on how Nik's will was written.  Does she power of attorney?  Who actually owns Wydemere,  Nik or the Cassadine family? Spencer isn't legitimate in the eyes of the trust. So I doubt he should have much say in the matter. Plus, I would think that she may have to go to a judge to get approval.  Nik has been bitching for what, 2 years now, about the troubles his personal and the family finances had? Even Helena had said that Spencer wasn't going to inherit the family power. He was illegitimate. I just find it odd that Nik would leave Laura in charge of the financials. Spencer's care,  yes. Anything to do with Leslie's welfare from Nik, sure. Selling assets? Over someone like his Aunt Alexis, generally his attorney on most matters or her legal practice partner, Diane. Or some other high price international legal practice. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

1 hour ago, stlbf said:

As for Laura and Wydermere, it all depends on how Nik's will was written.  Does she have power of attorney?

Yes.  She mentioned today that she has Spencer's power of attorney.

• Love 1

Spencer wasn't going to inherit the family power. He was illegitimate

But so was Nikolas?

Although it's all moot since some stupid Jelly rule makes Valentin the current owner.  Like that makes any sense.  And who cares?

• Love 1

Stavros married Laura. The marriage wasn't legal in the US but from what I remember it was considered legal enough for the trust. 

It's weird seeing Ava next to Laura in the previews. I'm guessing TIIC are going to force an Ava/Nik pairing because they are determined to write this woman as a fuckin ingénue despite the fact that she looks like she's older than Nik's mother

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is Nik not coming back? I don't read spoilers because they put me to sleep.

Nik is dead dead, for now at least. TC didn't renew his contract and I don't think Jelly/Frank care enough to recast.

Is Spencer considered illegitimate because he was conceived out of wedlock or because Nik isn't considered legitimate? If Spencer can't inherit any Cassadine assets/power how is Valentin allowed to claim anything? With Helena dead wouldn't Nik have been head of the family and therefore in charge of all of the assets?

Edited by LeftPhalange
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did I miss a line explaining why Elizabeth wasn't at the gathering at Wyndemere?

No, but based on the promo she skipped it so she could go to the MC Halloween party with Franco. Liz, for once in your fucking life, get your damn priorities straight!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't read spoilers because they put me to sleep.

LMAO!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nik is dead dead, for now at least. TC didn't renew his contract and I don't think Jelly/Frank care enough to recast.

I think FV would bring back the temp with the unfortunate tattoos just to try to prove that all of the actors are replaceable and because they don't know what to do with Ava and she's started whining about Nik out of nowhere

Is Spencer considered illegitimate because he was conceived out of wedlock or because Nik isn't considered legitimate? If Spencer can't inherit any Cassadine assets/power how is Valentin allowed to claim anything? With Helena dead wouldn't Nik have been head of the family and therefore in charge of all of the assets?

You know damn well theses jackasses haven't considered any of these questions

• Love 3

Danny being brother bear was cute. LOL at spilling the beans to Grandma Alexis about moving. 

Wow Rocco is alive. Kid seemed really shy though. Poor thing. 

Sam/Dante interacting however small makes me happy for some reason. 

How surprising that Liez doesnt show up for her dear bffs house party. 

• Love 5

Isn't Valentin illegitimate, too?  I think.  Can't remember his parentage.  Stavros, er, Mikkos, whichever one was Helena's husband and...

I hope they're not basing his taking over the Cassadine estate on those papers Nikolas signed.  Right before he took a header out the window.  While his mother and sister, et al., were being held at gunpoint downstairs.  Any halfway competent lawyer could get that claim thrown out of court.

Well, in the real world...

Edited by Fellaway
Because this show has made my mind mush.
  • Love 2
  • So is this the second time that a party at Wyndemere has ended up being a mass kidnapping and hostage situation? (Yawn.) Or is it a deja vu of their excellent Greek island adventure? I'm losing track.
  • Will Kevin get shot by Valentin again in a deja vu? Laura is present to save him again, and she knows how to remove bullets from shoulders now.
  • Isn't Valentin supposed to be looking for Claudette? Since she's flown to Canada, why is he at Laura's party? Neither Claudette nor Charlotte is present there.
  • What is it gonna take for the citizens of Port Charles to stop using Lucy as their real estate agent? She's always messing up.
Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I guess Liez is too busy hanging out with Freako to show up to the party in honor of her alleged best friend.

She's having her weekly Franco/Jason confrontation. Has there ever been a show where a man is married with a baby on the way and he's still constantly inserted into scenes with a previous love interest who lied to him and kept him away from his family and her new boyfriend? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Bobbie will have to be careful about how she shares her suspicions about Nelle with Carly. Did she or Carly challenge Nelle about the reason that Nelle hasn't contacted Ava to care for the little girl?

I don't understand why Bobbie isn't taking care of her.  Didn't she sign on as Avery's nanny a month or so ago?

As to Valentin looking for Claudette, he found her.  On the plane to Calgary.  Nathan has photos of them, maybe, getting off the plane together with Claudette wearing a dark wig.  He sure beat it back to PC in a hurry.  Must have made use of the wormhole, because I don't think that much time has gone by.

Edited by Fellaway
Because spelling counts.
  • Love 3

Random thoughts from yesterday's show:

-  Is Rocco taking over the role of "creepy, non-speaking child" now that Jake is "moppet child?" 

-  God, I cannot stand how Sam always has on sky-high boots (and, no, I don't care that KM is short and she feels more comfortable that way). 

- The Valentin reveal was decent and very soapy, but I LOL'd that no one seemed to think it odd that "Kevin" wasn't speaking or taking his mask off.

-  Why was Laura wearing a sparkly skirt?  Was she dressed up as her '70's, disco-dwelling self?

-  Enjoyed Bobbie side-eyeing Nelle hard.  The "I've seen this all before" thought bubble over her head was loud and clear.  And when Bobbie first started talking to Nelle, she (Nelle) had the evilest look on her face before morphing back to 'golly gee willikers" which was a great acting choice/direction.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

-  God, I cannot stand how Sam always has on sky-high boots (and, no, I don't care that KM is short and she feels more comfortable that way). 

Especially now that the character is pregnant. It looks as ridiculous as when she wore them climbing fucking walls.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Especially now that the character is pregnant. It looks as ridiculous as when she wore them climbing fucking walls.

Does she feel more comfortable with those clunkers on? I can't imagine that. I noticed them on KSt/Maxie the other day and it drove me slightly batty. But I'm biased, I never wear heels. But yeesh, some of their shoes are so high I feel like they might as well be walking on freaking stilts. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Does she feel more comfortable with those clunkers on? I can't imagine that. I noticed them on KSt/Maxie the other day and it drove me slightly batty. But I'm biased, I never wear heels. But yeesh, some of their shoes are so high I feel like they might as well be walking on freaking stilts. 

I don't believe anyone is comfortable in 4-inch heels even if they claim they are, lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Isn't Valentin illegitimate, too?  I think.  Can't remember his parentage.  Stavros, er, Mikkos, whichever one was Helena's husband and...

I hope they're not basing his taking over the Cassadine estate on those papers Nikolas signed.  Right before he took a header out the window.  While his mother and sister, et al., were being held at gunpoint downstairs.  Any halfway competent lawyer could get that claim thrown out of court.

Well, in the real world...

Valentin is also illegitimate, but unlike Alexis, Mikkos never actually acknowledged him, which I find interesting since the Cassadine's have always been all about the boys.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

I don't understand why Bobbie isn't taking care of her.  Didn't she sign on as Avery's nanny a month or so ago?

Yup.  She should be at Sonny's house, taking care of Avery. The house is big enough for Bobbie to ignore Sonny if she wishes. It should have been her driving Avery to Ava's for trick-or-treat/visitation. It's better for Avery to be at Ava's, if Bobbie has bailed as nanny and all Sonny does is drink and feel sorry for himself. 

Just another obvious writing fail. I don't believe for a second Alexis wouldn't think of/mention her sister Kristina when she and Sam were talking about Morgan's death, and Sonny's probable guilt. "You know, your sister was named after my sister..." etc. I also don't believe for a second Elizabeth would miss out on Laura's "say goodbye to Wyndemere" event - which is supposed to be about Nikolas/closure - to be with Franco (of all people) at a Halloween party.  I want either Lucky in person, or Ghost Nikolas, to scare the bejesus out of Elizabeth by suddenly appearing at her shoulder to say, "Wait, you're dating the deranged artist who kidnapped our/your baby boy? We need to get you to a hospital for a brain scan!" 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Valentin is also illegitimate, but unlike Alexis, Mikkos never actually acknowledged him, which I find interesting since the Cassadine's have always been all about the boys.

Is there any chance he's Helena's illegitimate child? 

17 hours ago, ulkis said:

It's the double whammy of losing her career and Julian. Although it's the latter that's tripping me up. I just never bought Julian as the great love of her life, so her losing it over him doesn't ring true to me and just makes me frustrated with her. Maybe they can bring Ric back for her?

I never Julian as some great love of Alexis's, either. Mostly because until they decided to bring him onscreen, Alexis didn't even want to talk about him in any context. He was practically Valentin-levels of evil. So for him to suddenly be her be-all is really dumb. It's insulting that she's developing a drinking problem over that dunce. 

10 hours ago, Michel said:

She mentioned today that she has Spencer's power of attorney.

Which is kind of stupid to mention because Spencer is 10 years old. Of course someone else acts on his behalf. I think it would have made more sense for Laura to say something like, "As his legal guardian [I assume Laura is his legal guardian], I have to make all the decisions on Spencer's behalf."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Is there any chance he's Helena's illegitimate child? 

No, Alexis was pretty clear back in the Guza days (when this story originally started) that Val was Mikkos' kid.  Helena knew about him and he supposedly even scared her.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1

I wear those heels, my sister wears them, my daughter and her friends and most of my friends wear them. And YES I am very comfortable wearing them.  Since my hamstrings are shortened because I've worn very high heels for such a long time, wearing flats kills my hamstrings and it hurts like hell. Most women here in L.A. and celebrities still wear their heels while pregnant.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Mikkos brought Alexis under his roof as a Fuck You to Helena for killing his mistress and he knew Alexis would be next because she witnessed Helena kill her mother. I'm assuming Helena didn't kill Valentine's mother, but who knows. Maybe she was a badass and Helena left her alone.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, linsav said:

I wear those heels, my sister wears them, my daughter and her friends and most of my friends wear them. And YES I am very comfortable wearing them.  Since my hamstrings are shortened because I've worn very high heels for such a long time, wearing flats kills my hamstrings and it hurts like hell. Most women here in L.A. and celebrities still wear their heels while pregnant.

I dunno. Totally get your experience, but I'll just leave this here. For most people, it's just not good for your body.

http://time.com/3847330/you-asked-do-high-heels-actually-damage-my-feet/

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think FV would bring back the temp with the unfortunate tattoos just to try to prove that all of the actors are replaceable and because they don't know what to do with Ava and she's started whining about Nik out of nowhere

This reminded me; a couple eps ago when Ava randomly decided to lament about the losses of Morgan, Nik, and someone else I forget and then she got that phone call where she was all "Nik?!" but I can't remember, was there any follow up to that? This sentence is badly written but you get what I'm saying lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, linsav said:

I'm assuming Helena didn't kill Valentine's mother, but who knows. Maybe she was a badass and Helena left her alone.

Or maybe Mikkos decided another dead mistress wasn't worth it, and Helena never knew who Valentin's mother is. Though I expect her to show up for some really dumb reason when JP/SA feel the need to bring on another newbie.

31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

she got that phone call where she was all "Nik?!" but I can't remember, was there any follow up to that?

Not yet. Ava wasn't in Friday's ep except as mentioned by Nelle that she's taking Avery trick-or-treating.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not yet. Ava wasn't in Friday's ep except as mentioned by Nelle that she's taking Avery trick-or-treating.

And yet somehow she is at Wyndamere in the promos for Monday, and I don't know how she got there when she wasn't invited to Laura's "say goodbye to Wyndamere" gathering.

• Love 1

Danny is just like his mom. He talks too much. His outfit was adorable.

Sam cracked me up when she zeroed in on the candy and Lulu held it away from her. Sam would have cut her for those MnMs.

Sam better get Scout out of town now that Valentin is back and about to hang with baby crazy Nina.

• Love 6

Is Sonny seeing ghost!Morgan because he is mixing so much alcohol with his bipolar meds? If Sonny thinks he feels bad now, he'd better watch out that he doesn't carelessly have an accident or fail to protect Avery, who is staying in the same house with him. It's not the best time for Sonny to hurt or kill another one of his kids. </sarcasm>

• Love 1

It drives me nuts that everyone makes such a big deal about Morgan mixing alcohol and his meds, yet there's Sonny throwing down whiskey like there's no tomorrow. And no one says a word. Gah.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And yet somehow she is at Wyndamere in the promos for Monday, and I don't know how she got there when she wasn't invited to Laura's "say goodbye to Wyndamere" gathering.

Ava is devastated by Nik's death. He could've been the love of her life if he would've stopped playing games SMH. She has to show up to the party uninvited to mourn what could've been. 

Nava 4 Eva

*cries at this tragedy*

• Love 2
15 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Spencer was born while SkipperBitch was still married to Jax,  I do believe. She and Nik never married. As SkipperBitch died after giving birth to him. Giving us CarJax hiding baby John/Spencer's true paternity from Nik for awhile. So Spencer is illegitimate. 

Re: Valentin. I don't think his complete genetic background has been completed. Maybe he is a legitimate Cassadine.  Maybe his mother was married to a lesser Cassadine and Mikkos wanted her. And the supposedly scary Valentin can whip up enough family support to put himself on top. It wouldn't be too shocking to learn that Nik over extended the family fortunes with bad timing with the global economic downturn in recent years. And Nik was supposed to have cut out any illegal dealings over the years. That could not have made the relatives happy. The family could happily throw the prince out with an internal family coup. What with the fortune in disarray and Nik just not living up to Cassadine expectations. He didn't marry the rich Lydia. He hasn't had a legitimate male heir. He has screwed up the dark side of their enterprises and hasn't made up the difference in legal businesses. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, Oracle42 said:

Stavros married Laura. The marriage wasn't legal in the US but from what I remember it was considered legal enough for the trust. 

It's weird seeing Ava next to Laura in the previews. I'm guessing TIIC are going to force an Ava/Nik pairing because they are determined to write this woman as a fuckin ingénue despite the fact that she looks like she's older than Nik's mother

And she's a dead ringer for Joan Rivers.

• Love 2
On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Oracle42 said:

Maura West: DOB 4/27/72 = 44 years old

Tyler Christopher: DOB 11/11/72 = 44 in 13 days

Genie Francis: DOB: 5/26/62 = 54 years old

Look up pics of Maura without GH makeup, she looks younger and has given birth to 5 children.  Genie and Tyler no longer look age wise like mother and son, Tyler looks his age now. Genie looks great.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It drives me nuts that everyone makes such a big deal about Morgan mixing alcohol and his meds, yet there's Sonny throwing down whiskey like there's no tomorrow. And no one says a word. Gah.

If only Sonny's doing this would lead to the same end Morgan met.  

• Love 7

Wow, I'm finally all caught up. Sorry I haven't been around, I've been on my Morgan's Death Was My Fault Apology Tour. It's taking longer than I thought because apparently I had forgotten that I encouraged him to kill himself, many times.

In any case, I'm back. I guess when I saw that Rocco still exists and was unearthed, I figured it was time for me to return too.  If I had to wait for Cam and Aiden to make an appearance, I'd never get back here.

So, did I miss anything?

• Love 4

So Maxie and Nathan are into sex toys? That certainly seemed implied in the recent episode, though they seem so unlikely for such things, especially Nathan. Whatever Maxie had waiting for him in the shower, he liked it.

On 10/29/2016 at 6:25 PM, Oracle42 said:

Silas, I think? If so, it's especially ridiculous to mention Nik in the same breath with the father of her child and a nearly year-long relationship

I don't think she was grouping them by relationship, I think she was just saying for them all to RIP. She saw Nik killed right in front of her, and he saved her life in the process. If anything, she probably feels semi-guilty, as much as she can.

Nik isn't coming back, so I don't think there's any sense in lamenting what would happen between him and Ava.

I swear to god, if they name that baby Scout I will rage. What is it with this show and always having to have two names for the babies, and both names usually suck? And it better be a girl. There's been two boys in a row, even if one of them split town.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1