Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It puzzles me that GH is all quick cuts and short scenes, but when it comes to finding something out, it's dragged out beyond all reason. I'll never understand why pacing is such a problem for this fakakta show. They race through things that deserve time, then spend way too much time on stuff that should be resolved in a timely fashion.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...oh yeah, Valerie.

LOL. Actually a high point for me - except that I know she'll just be used to further someone else's story or be someone's scapegoat - as usual.  

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Oh, but I did love Nelle's line about talking to Sonny and him taking a while to respond. That seemed like a subtle jab from the writers about MB's "pause and stutter" method of acting.

LMAO I thought the same thing.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

MB was terrible in that last scene with Sonny and Jason. Someone please walk the man gently off the set.

Really though. I mean there were a couple moments today when he was like borderline OK, but most of it was just so bad

Ava reminiscing about Nikolas, Silas, and Morgan? What? She knew Nikolas for 5 seconds!!

That was so fucking stupid. And then the phone call at the end. No thanks.

I actually watched this whole episode today and tbh it was ... not bad. Well, except the Nelle/Michael scenes. Those were absolute shit. Nelle can die now. At this point I don't even care anymore if she's trying to destroy a Corinthos' life.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

LOL. Actually a high point for me - except that I know she'll just be used to further someone else's story or be someone's scapegoat - as usual.  

Sonny will probably come screeching up to tell Valerie it's HER fault that Morgan's dead because she was such a shitty second cousin to him lol.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

The best part of the show is when right after Carly slapped Julian, Alexis turns around, looks down into her drink and laughs!

She smiled.  She didn't laugh.

46 minutes ago, rags said:

Disappointed that KMc's appearance is just to be a hallucination of Sonny's.

I'm not convinced that it's a hallucination yet. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it's not just a one-day visit. Could be wrong, though, because it's all info that's traveled from fan to fan...

• Love 1

Everything Alexis said to Julian she could have said to Sonny. I really wish someone was able to point that out (whenever it was appropriate) and not get pilloried for it. It wouldn't change anything, but I'd feel better.

"I'm big on research. You kind of have to be when you're a teacher." Nelle, you teach kindergartners. They don't care about the history of a bridge. What was the point of that? Just say you like history or want to know about the town you live in. 

"[Avery]'s a baby. It's not her job to make things better for [Sonny]." It's not Michael's job, either, Nelle. STFU. Alexis is no better, telling Michael that Carly needs him.

Here's an idea, Michael: Maybe "another arrangement for Avery" is staying with her mother, huh?

I wish they'd get rid of the PCPD as a focal point for the show. It can never beat Sonny definitively, and we get ridiculous scenes like the one between Jordan and Curtis, where working for Sonny is bad enough, but working for Julian? Curtis might as well start using kittens and puppies as target practice, it's so terrible.

LOL that Sonny blames Scott for Morgan's death and then in the very next breath, it's Jason's fault. Sonny's only mistake was not hiring the right person to kill Julian. Everything that happened after that is totally not on him.

Jason should be thrilled Sonny wants nothing to do with him.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny will probably come screeching up to tell Valerie it's HER fault that Morgan's dead because she was such a shitty second cousin to him lol.

OMG, yes!   Although I think the plot point bus that is about to hit Valerie is her own boss who will likely end up sharing Curtis's bed.  And I'll be especially annoyed if the writers "use" Jordan and her boss/mentor relationship with Val to set up this changing partners game - when Jordan is a key player/(benefactor?) in the game.  LOL - does that make sense?  

58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They don't care about the history of a bridge. What was the point of that? Just say you like history or want to know about the town you live in. 

I'm probs wrong because the show hasn't been deep for years, but I think there's more to the bridge talk and Nelle. Like I said on the spoiler thread, the bridge wasn't a tourist spot. It was frequented by Robin and Jason and anyone else up there was with those characters 98% of the time.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not convinced that it's a hallucination yet. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it's not just a one-day visit. Could be wrong, though, because it's all info that's traveled from fan to fan...

That was a quote from Kim McC. I hate the idea of this return being about him - either as a multi-day hallucination or in PC for him, specifically. The actress and character deserve better. I would like Robin to come back to PC to consult w/Monica about a patient at Berkeley ... give Uncle Mac career advice ... yell at Anna that she's got to drop her obsession with justice for criminal Duke ... tell Elizabeth to pull her head out of her ass re: Franco ... talk to Laura about the possibility/probability that Nikolas is still alive (because, hello, this is the Cassadine Family) ... literally any reason other than telling Sonny he's not a bad man at heart and shouldn't kill himself.  Her disgust for him due to the Sonny-shooting-at-Jax-in-her-home (with daughter present) should still hold. If she has to talk to him, I'd prefer it be something like: "You broke Michael's heart by killing AJ, and now you've broken all of your family members' hearts by killing Morgan. I'm sad your life has come to this, Sonny.  Go into exile now, while Kristina and Avery are still alive and well. Otherwise, your recklessness could get them killed, too." Robin should be genuinely upset about this. She knew Morgan when he was a kid. 

• Love 8

Robin should be genuinely upset about this.

Of course she should. Just like Alexis, Kristina, Michael, Jason, Sam, Molly, and a host of other characters should be. But this is how this show rolls with Sonny.  And anyone else they want to be propped. Look at Franco. Look at the characters twisted to make him "good."

I'd love for Robin to be back for other things. But I'm also grateful she's no longer chained to a wall. I'm just enjoying Kim.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Isn't it time for MB to take unused vacation?  Sonny's incessant whining is getting on my last nerve.  

Julian is an ass.  While what he said may have been spot on, he didn't need to be throwing that around at the dead kids mother's place of business.  Did he not expect Carly to be angry?  

Ava needs to just STFU.

Still don't care about Charlotte.

I hate them deciding Alexis needed to have an alcohol addiction.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

OMG, yes!   Although I think the plot point bus that is about to hit Valerie is her own boss who will likely end up sharing Curtis's bed.  And I'll be especially annoyed if the writers "use" Jordan and her boss/mentor relationship with Val to set up this changing partners game - when Jordan is a key player/(benefactor?) in the game.  LOL - does that make sense?  

I dunno what's going on with any of these couplings.  The idea of Anna and Andre seems to have been dropped and I don't have any real interest in Jordan/Andre, Jordan/Curtis, or Valerie/Curtis, which isn't surprisingly given how little they're shown.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Julian is an ass.  While what he said may have been spot on, he didn't need to be throwing that around at the dead kids mother's place of business.  Did he not expect Carly to be angry?  

Well, in his defense, Carly wasn't around when he started his truth-telling. And I give him points for not trying to backpedal once he knew she had come in and heard him. Although, if he had been paying attention, he would have noticed that Alexis did react to Carly's entrance, hence her later smile once Carly lit into him. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

As far as he knew, Carly was at home, mourning. She wasn't there when he started talking to Alexis, who is hardly a stranger to how Sonny's recklessness hurts people (both her late sister and her daughter).  Julian was not loudly/drunkenly proclaiming to Carly's employees or Metro Court guests that Morgan was a runt and his parents were lousy.  Yes Carly got angry because she misses her dead son, but a lot of it is because she knows he's correct.  She has never been a good mother to Morgan, and Sonny has repeatedly failed his children. Even leaving out the auto theft, she knows Morgan was drunk that night yet was well aware that alcohol is a no-no when you're taking meds.  Julian touched on something else that Sonny (and everyone else) has ignored - that car could have killed other people, kids included, if it had exploded somewhere other than the side of a road. But other peoples' loved ones don't matter to them.  The recent examples are Sonny again shrugging off Scott's pain over Karen, and both of them shrugging off Monica's pain over AJ (and Jason, and Emily). 

Now if he'd gone to the house and started saying that to Carly and Josslyn's faces, I'd agree with you.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno what's going on with any of these couplings.  The idea of Anna and Andre seems to have been dropped and I don't have any real interest in Jordan/Andre, Jordan/Curtis, or Valerie/Curtis, which isn't surprisingly given how little they're shown.

Definitely hard to develop interest in couples when the writers don't develop their relationships.   However, re planned direction, my guess right now is that the plan is a Jordan/Curtis pairing and that this current scenario is a set up for a Curtis/Valerie split.  My prediction is that Jordan will sow seeds of doubt about Curtis in Valerie's mind.  And, listening to her boss/mentor and also having seen Curtis work on the edge of the law with Hayden and Nina, Valerie will be suspicious.  This lack of trust will lead to conflict - and a break up in which Curtis, a writers' favorite, won't look bad because he won't be cheating on or hurting Valerie by his own actions.  (One thing about which I'm very sure is that writers do NOT want Curtis to look bad in his treatment of women.)   Valerie will probably be judged as deserving what she gets (because judging Valerie is a popular game).   And, once again, Val will be the plot point for other characters' stories without anywhere near the development and chances the pets and gets receive.  How am I doing? 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Definitely hard to develop interest in couples when the writers don't develop their relationships.   However, re planned direction, my guess right now is that the plan is a Jordan/Curtis pairing and that this current scenario is a set up for a Curtis/Valerie split.  My prediction is that Jordan will sow seeds of doubt about Curtis in Valerie's mind.  And, listening to her boss/mentor and also having seen Curtis work on the edge of the law with Hayden and Nina, Valerie will be suspicious.  This lack of trust will lead to conflict - and a break up in which Curtis, a writers' favorite, won't look bad because he won't be cheating on or hurting Valerie by his own actions.  (One thing about which I'm very sure is that writers do NOT want Curtis to look bad in his treatment of women.)   Valerie will probably be judged as deserving what she gets (because judging Valerie is a popular game).   And, once again, Val will be the plot point for other characters' stories without anywhere near the development and chances the pets and gets receive.  How am I doing? 

Very well.  And I'm guessing that we might be on the way to seeing Valerie leave, anyway, seeing as how I no longer see Brytni Sarpy on the opening.  She must be off contract.

Ava is ridiculous. She knew Nicolas for two days and Silas was just some married guy Madeline paid her to have sex with a couple of decades ago. 

Wake me up when Nelly dies after getting knocked up by Sonny.

How much longer is Julian going to be here? Is WdV's contract up soon?

Someone tell Sonny's enemies that he's alone and vulnerable. 

Does anyone else think Nelly sorta looks like Claudia Z from a certain angle while on the bridge?

Nelle-warns-Michael-GH-ABC.png

• Love 1

Claudette didn't get off the plane? I hope that means we will never see her again in Port Charles, or anywhere. Griffin's feelings of unworthiness to care for Charlotte may mean that Anna will step up as the default caretaker. If so, I hate it, because Dewq will still be vaguely active as a ghostly part of Anna's life and dreams while never appearing or interacting with her or any character again.

• Love 1

Why is Maxie always in bitch mode? She's never really happy or soft and vulnerable anymore. Just demanding, shrill, insulting, supercilious, and a legend in her own mind. Nathan is a fool to take it without complaint.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Everything Alexis said to Julian she could have said to Sonny. I really wish someone was able to point that out (whenever it was appropriate) and not get pilloried for it. It wouldn't change anything, but I'd feel better.

+1. Like honestly if they would just do this small thing it would really help me with my rage blackouts. I really don't think it's too much to ask.

10 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Valerie will probably be judged as deserving what she gets (because judging Valerie is a popular game).   

I don't remember a single person harshly judging Valerie, even when she slept with her cousin's husband in their marital bed. Not even Lulu herself was allowed to judge her for very long and while she was judging her she was made to look horrible for it. But maybe my memory's off. I mean, as we all know I can't even remember whole eps as soon as they're done airing! So anyway, besides a portion of the audience, who has judged Valerie harshly for anything she's done? 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember a single person harshly judging Valerie, even when she slept with her cousin's husband in their marital bed. Not even Lulu herself was allowed to judge her for very long and while she was judging her she was made to look horrible for it. But maybe my memory's off. I mean, as we all know I can't even remember whole eps as soon as they're done airing! So anyway, besides a portion of the audience, who has judged Valerie harshly for anything she's done? 

Val is a victimized town pariah. Her best friend is Liez.

• Love 4

Damn MB was bad yesterday! And Sonny? Would you like some cheese with your whine? I loved Scott and Julian truth talking. Of course no one agrees with them but it was so nice to hear. 

I laughed when Sonny was on the bridge and then pulled out his gun. Because we all know he's way too much of a coward to actually go through with it. But for a brief, shining moment I allowed myself the luxury of actually thinking about a show without Sonny and by extension MB. And it was gloriious!

honestly the whole Sonny and Jason scene made me laugh.  'You won't kill for me so we can't be friends anymore. 

Really? I mean who writes this shit?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Does anyone else think Nelly sorta looks like Claudia Z from a certain angle while on the bridge?

Chloe Lanier looks a cross between Sarah Joy Brown and Tamara Braun in that picture.

25 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

honestly the whole Sonny and Jason scene made me laugh.  'You won't kill for me so we can't be friends anymore. 

Really? I mean who writes this shit?

That's pretty much always been the basis for their friendship. Jason is the guy with the shovel following the elephants (Sonny, Carly, etc.).

• Love 5
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Chloe Lanier looks a cross between Sarah Joy Brown and Tamara Braun in that picture.

Yeah, I see it. More Tams, though.

BM should get an Emmy for not busting out laughing when Sonny said, "I....just...want....my....son."

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

BM should get an Emmy for not busting out laughing when Sonny said, "I....just...want....my....son."

I LOVED that. Sonny is sprawled on a chair like a 2-year-old having a temper tantrum. It was UCG.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I see it. More Tams, though.

No one cares enough to make him do a second take!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ava reminiscing about Nikolas, Silas, and Morgan? What? She knew Nikolas for 5 seconds!!

Ugh. Does that mean they're bringing back whiny-voiced soccer  dad Nik? I really need them to not try to write Claudia/Nik with Ava 

22 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm no fan of Julian, but Carly overhearing him call S&C lousy parents and Morgan "misbegotten runt"  was awesome!!  Hey Carly, perhaps looking like crap and screaming "murderer" and slapping a man in the middle of the Metro Court restaurant is worse for business than customers seeing said man who's quietly trash talking - not doing anything to them. They see worse whenever your murdering husband drops by. 

It's so annoying that in the Carly-Alexis conversation, esp. the part about her never being in Carly's position, it didn't come up that Sonny nearly blew up Kristina when he tried to take out Johnny.  Another writing fail for the memory of Alexis. 

Scott calling Morgan Sonny's "collateral damage" and today telling Sonny he'll be haunted by the son he killed/murdered was pretty great too. 

Scott and Julian's truth telling doesn't quite makeup for the Liz-Franco grossness recently or the waste of Laura and Kevin, though. 

Soo ... Michael is inadvertently setting Nelle up to screw Sonny after his pity party to Jason? It's almost funny that he's now blaming Jason -'cause you know Jason should have gone back to serving Sonny's needs the moment he turned up alive. 

Griffin needs to shut up. He's an idiot.

Re: previews - Robin (a vision of her, I assume?) gets to talk Sonny out of suicide on her bridge?!! UGH!!!! Poor Kim McC (again). 

Here's what I don't get. In this example, why wouldn't NLG tell the writers that their dialog is not canon. Day in and day out this happens. I guess not even the actors care anymore.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:40 AM, peachmangosteen said:

+1. Like honestly if they would just do this small thing it would really help me with my rage blackouts. I really don't think it's too much to ask.

I am not talking about other characters judging Valerie.  In fact, in my conversations even when this story was ongoing, I spoke mostly about FAN REACTION not the reactions of other characters.

Now, let's think about this following question:   When all is said and done, which is more important to a character's/actor's status on show - the reaction of other characters or the reaction of fans?   IMO, it certainly isn't the reaction of other characters - reactions which can change on a dime depending on the writers's whims.   Reactions where last week's enemy is this week's friend and vice versa.    The important factor is the audience reaction - the degree of accceptance or non-acceptance - the reactions by which TPTB gauge the success or failure of stories or characters.   And these audience reactions are often much more pervasive and long-lasting than character reactions. 

So, while some fans were lamenting that other characters, including Lulu, didn't condemn Valerie in the way they wanted, this very lack of  other characters condemning her was working against Valerie and Brytni in the minds of many in the more important audience group.  The audience whose reactions can weigh heavily on the success or failure of a character.   

As a side note, while this story was happening and during its immediate aftermath,  I often asked myself WTF were Lulu fans complaining about?  When what I was seeing a steady increase in support for her (other than the short-lived and now forgotten Johnny mess)?  When what I saw was more and more and more viewers rally to Lulu's side as the wronged victim owning her guilt while turning against Valerie partly because she wasn't called out by enough other characters and partly because she didn't own her guilt directly to Lulu.   Believe me!  Lulu was the obivous winner with the audience in this scenario; and, as I hope I have established, I think winning with the audience is HUGELY more important for a character/actor. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
bolding is annoying

I guess I should be annoyed that Robin showed up to prop Sonny, but I can't be bothered. I love Robin. She's one of the few characters on this show that I genuinely enjoy, and I'm always happy to have her on my screen.

Why are Anna and Griffin talking about him giving up Charlotte? Until he can absolutely prove he's her father, he has no legal rights to her. 

Valerie and Curtis are such a low visibility pairing that I don't even care that he did her dirty.

Today's round of Pass the Blame Around was with Carly and Michael. Please, let's move this storyline along. I'm dizzy from the circles we're going in.

• Love 5

They bring Robin back so she can describe suicide as 'weakness' and 'coward'.  Just fucking stop with that noise, GH.

And the idea that Julian wanting to know who put a BOMB in his car is somehow ridiculous and EVIL to Jason or Curtis or Jordan is again, GH and their pathetic need to make him the big bad in all things.

Whereas Sonny, who always does bad things, is constantly getting pampered and tit fed by the canvas.

Ugh.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

Why are Anna and Griffin talking about him giving up Charlotte? Until he can absolutely prove he's her father, he has no legal rights to her. 

It doesn't sound as if Claudette is going to cause problems, given that she ditched Charlotte the instant she could get someone else—anyone else—to be responsible for her.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was nice to see Robin and all, but the constant dragging out of the Sonny/Stone history to excuse everything he's done ("You were nice that one time a million years ago so here's your lifetime pass!") is so irritating.

Yes Robin, Sonny was so great to Stone.  However, what about how he treated your friend Karen.  Sonny exploited her history of being sexually abused, got her hooked on drugs, got her to become a stripper at his club, slept with her and when she finally got the strength to leave him, Sonny tried to kill her.  Sonny also tried to kill your friend Jax in front of you, in your living room and shot you by mistake.  Oh, he did this while your young daughter was in the house and when she heard the shot Emma came down stairs, saw Sonny with a gun and her mother standing there bleeding.  Yet you insist on propping up Sonny no matter what he does to other people?  You need to stop looking at Sonny thru Stone goggles and open your eyes and look at Sonny as he REALLY is.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 22

Seriously? Carly and Michael don't consider Max family by now? He's worked for them for over a decade, baby-sat the kids, carried the Emily up the stairs, gotten shot by Morgan, taken care of Sonny. What must the poor man do?? I suppose maybe Sonny stringing up his dad by a meat hook would qualify him?

Sure, Robin gave Sonny the old pep-talk but at least her first action after that was to get a drink, heh.

I agree with Michael, it is their fault for thinking Sonny would be different. And seriously, Michael believed Sonny wouldn't take up arms against Julian? Wasn't he actually quite suspicious? Well, either way, if he did, that makes Michael dumb.

• Love 13