Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Claudette "loves" Griffin and wants to run off with him but passes his child off onto Nathan and Maxie? Ummm..................what are we missing?

It's probably Lulu's kid that Helena hired her to be a surrogate for.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Dr. O's straightforward (if a little too on the nose) diagnosis of Morgan was rather bracing. It was nice to hear from someone who wasn't wallowing in guilt and/or grief.

But it was another out-of-character moment for yet another character. Dr. O thinks pretty much everyone (except for Nathan and Maxie, a couple of doctors, and Franco) are not worth her time to chat, regardless of where she is or having a drink. She was certainly not drunk, so I don't buy she would ever speak that candidly to someone she doesn't know about medicine and investigations. Yes, Ava is a former lover of Franco's, but Dr. O. has thought that no woman was worthy of Franco's "brilliance." She seems to hold him in the same regard she holds Nathan, so I'm surprised she didn't dig at/insult Maxie at all (because Maxie isn't a brilliant scientist...or doctor like Robin). 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

So Maxie calls the terrorist doctor to baby-sit?

I said the same thing. I half thought Obretch was gonna kidnap Charlotte as some sort of revenge against Claudette, but then I remembered that the writers aren't interested in writing that Obretch anymore.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 4

Nell  could be Nikki Langton's long lost daughter with AJ, but her plan for revenge would only make sense if AJ got to know her during his "dead" years. Plus, there'd have to be  a reason she waited this long to come to town.

Bree Williamson and Griffin have no chemistry. 

Evan was the most interesting thing going on in that hotel room. Was that supposed to be funny or cute? It was just gross. Hayden is gross-but she is related to the equally gross lying Lizzy.Mystery solved. I hate that Jane Elliot's only airtime is propping others. Such a tragic misuse of a good actress.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

I hope Griffin is smart enough to get multiple paternity tests done at multiple facilities around the country. And when it comes out that he really isn't the father he needs to call child protective services or at least drop that kid off in Canada.  

Dr O should make herself useful and kill Claud for hurting her precious Tree. 

I don't believe Dr. O would waste her time talking to Ava.

Maxie has become extremely obnoxious and grating. I'm sick of her and she can go. 

Did Hayden drug that guy or did she just get him drunk enough to pass out?

Nelly...zzzz. Get the fuck off my screen. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yet Paul is now a serial killer and none of this ever went through the court system in the first place so legally Ava has primary custody of Avery, as per the original custody verdict. Why Avery hasn't gone to Sonny's house with a family court judge and taken back her daughter that he stole, I don't know. Reasons and Helena, I guess.

I've always thought that Ava likes her freedom too, and her martini time as a bar fly. As long as Sonny and Carly were gung-ho parental units, she was down with it.

• Love 1

So Ava knows Sonny put a bomb in her brothers car, Carly left him, Sonny's unstable and she STILL will leave her kid there? 

I'm surprised they had the paternity reveal of the kid not being Nathan's so fast.  Griffin sure doesn't know Claudette at all. "She'd never do that?" Oh you fool. I'm guessing that she wanted the kid to be Nathan's because the kid is safer that  Nathan still technically a Cassadine to everyone including him? They never said other wise on the father reveal.  

Griffin better get his own test.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That shit with Dr. O was unforgivable. What a steamy garbage pile.

I know it's too much to hope that Mac will go off on Maxie for leaving an innocent little girl with the psycho doctor who tortured Robin and helped hold her captive - just for the sake of an attempt to snoop on/tell off Claudette. I would love to hear him say that as a father, he's disappointed she shows such little regard for a child's safety.

But I'm also the meanie who wanted Jax to walk into Sonny's house at the moment that Sonny was telling Ava she was the worst thing to ever happen to Morgan...and say (while Joss is standing right there), "Actually, the worst thing to happen to Morgan is the father who ordered the hit that got him killed. Not that it's a surprise, after another hit you ordered almost killed your daughter, and Michael got shot in the head because of you. Being your child is dangerous business. "

Also on my Wish List: Ghost!Morgan coming to Michael in a dream to say "You want to know who's responsible for my death? Our baby sister's parents - the crypt screwers. Your dead family members probably didn't enjoy the show."

Nobody deserves Michael's rage more than Sonny...

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

The reason Avery is stuck with S&C is because when Ava was gun running with Paul and Julian was happy being out of the mob, Ava got in over her head. Morgan did something stupid and Kiki got shot because she was trying to help him and she ended up in a coma. Kiki started receiving ominous black roses from someone unknown and Ava realized it was a threat against Kiki but meant for her.  She panicked, begged Julian for help and that's why he came back into the mob.

The person threatening a comatose Kiki?  Sonny.  All to get Ava terrified so she'd give Avery to Sonny to protect.  It's never come out that Sonny was behind all of it and by the looks of it, it never will. What a guy.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Dr. O, did we ever get a reason why she would help Claudette fake the paternity test?  Why would she want to help Claudette trick her son?  That makes no sense. 

She didn't help; when she was over at the hotel room Claud stole a hair from her hairbrush in her purse while O went to the bathroom.

Are there like a half dozen writers responsible for the Claudette crap who rotate writing each day without even taking a passing glance at what anyone else has written for her?  Because that's the only way this shit makes any sense at all.  

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She didn't help; when she was over at the hotel room Claud stole a hair from her hairbrush in her purse while O went to the bathroom.

Yeah?  I totally misremembered that.  I thought we just saw Claudette talking to Dr. O and then her showing up at the hospital with the suspiciously dark hair. 

Anyway, yeah, this Claudette story is horrible, it might be the worst of Jean/Shelly's regime.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah?  I totally misremembered that.  I thought we just saw Claudette talking to Dr. O and then her showing up at the hospital with the suspiciously dark hair. 

Anyway, yeah, this Claudette story is horrible, it might be the worst of Jean/Shelly's regime.

Claudette gave the hair to Nathan in the hotel room. And they showed a (never seen before) flashback of Claudette rifling through the purse yesterday.

8 hours ago, Vella said:

The person threatening a comatose Kiki?  Sonny.  All to get Ava terrified so she'd give Avery to Sonny to protect.  It's never come out that Sonny was behind all of it and by the looks of it, it never will. What a guy.

That's what drives me into Hulk-esque rages.  Every other person in his orbit has to "pay" for all manner of thngs done to poor, put-upon Sonny, be they real or imagined.  But, Sonny?  Sonny gets away with everything under the lying lie that it's done for "my family."  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Evan was the most interesting thing going on in that hotel room. 

I agree.

42 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Are there like a half dozen writers responsible for the Claudette crap who rotate writing each day without even taking a passing glance at what anyone else has written for her?  Because that's the only way this shit makes any sense at all.  

This has to be what's happening. 

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nobody deserves Michael's rage more than Sonny...

And yet.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Ava is a former lover of Franco's, but Dr. O. has thought that no woman was worthy of Franco's "brilliance."

Nothing about that conversation had anything to do with Franco. And given that Morgan's death is in the news and everyone is aware of the circumstances, I didn't find it that odd for Ava and Dr. O to discuss it. I was just remarking that it was nice to hear someone talk about it without any emotional baggage.

1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I feel sorry for the actors here. Each individual scene sort of works, but put together they makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

The worst?  That's a really low bar though.  I mean, I think their crimes against good actors are atrocious.  I'd rather see CL, JVP in good stories, playing decent characters- not boring, lame asses.   I think every arc is this:

- female character has secret, ergo she is "bad"

- female character comes between couple

- baby/kid

- death threats/danger

- eternal love is confessed

- Sonny arrives and does stuff

- conflict is resolved and everyone is happy again

I think that's their general outline. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Claudette gave the hair to Nathan in the hotel room. And they showed a (never seen before) flashback of Claudette rifling through the purse yesterday.

Oh geez, my memory is failing me.  Or my brain is protecting me from the stupidity of this storyline.

• Love 3

I agree.

Rebecca Budig is duller than dirt. She's not as annoying as Bree Williamson, and she's a better actress(which isn't hard), but she's equally pointless. I have no interest in watching her and her also dull sister Lizzy bonding. I have no interest in watching Hayden, Finn, Franco and Elizabeth hang out in a quad-which if Layden bond as sisters, it's coming. I just have no interest in Hayden at all-her *only* saving grace would have been making her Tracy's daughter, but she still would've been pointless and useless outside that. Now, I just don't care. I just see a not needed character sucking up airtime that could be better served by a character that doesn't bore me to death. Plus...she's kinda nasty. I get the feeling that wasn't her first rodeo  yesterday. And the fact that she'd pull what she's probably pulled before, again.....just shows she hasn't had an ounce of true growth in the entire year and a half she's been around. Okay, so most of these characters don't grow, but still.

And watching ME with JE, (and LW, among others) I've come to the conclusion that it was at least partly the fault of being force paired with Kelly every time, that brought his characters down. ME can bring it if he wants to, if the person he's sharing screen time with actually has the energy to make him step it up. He's low energy otherwise, and being paired with someone else low energy does him no favors.

• Love 1

With Dr. Michael Easton, the story at least seems to be heading in a John McBain direction with the dead wife and him being unable to admit his wuv for Rebecca Budig or whatever.  There's really no reason they shouldn't be doing it by now except the writers are dragging it out.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, jazzyscreenname said:

Do you suppose the words paternity fraud have entered Nathan's mind yet? 

Yes, but he's probably more interested in protecting Charlotte than sticking it to Claudette. In this case, I think that's the better play. Even if I want this story and Claudette and Charlotte gone.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Nothing about that conversation had anything to do with Franco. And given that Morgan's death is in the news and everyone is aware of the circumstances, I didn't find it that odd for Ava and Dr. O to discuss it. I was just remarking that it was nice to hear someone talk about it without any emotional baggage.

Dr. O has been written as the type who thinks it's beneath her to speak to most people, including Ava. I'm saying the only reason I could see her thinking Ava is worth a moment of her time is (possibly) out of respect for her BFF Franco's previous association with Ava. Even that seems a stretch. The scene felt glaringly shoehorned/out-of-character. Now if Ava found out that critical information about medication and a potential investigation from eavesdropping on a conversation between Dr. O and Maxie (who's worried about the emotional suffering of Lulu and Dante-partner of Dr. O's precious son), that I would find believable.  Eavesdropping is a soap staple, after all.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, but he's probably more interested in protecting Charlotte than sticking it to Claudette. In this case, I think that's the better play. Even if I want this story and Claudette and Charlotte gone.

Tree can drop Charlotte off at a hospital or fire department and then go after Claud. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Time to call CPS and report her then.  She was going to abandon her supposed kid.

It's time for a Who Killed Claudete.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

This show is incredibly boring on top of being stupid and creatively bankrupt. 

I think I'm just grumpy because I'm tired -but yeah. Add mostly morally bankrupt to that, and ICAM.  Plus, there's just something missing with most scenes, most characters. I'm supposed to care about them(otherwise, why bother, right?) and for most of them, I don't.   I will say, Maurice is doing very well. He's one of those who is best when he's understated.  And the fact that Maurice(I don't think he's horrible, like some do) is the best thing on GH this week,  acting wise-it may be an undeniable sign that the end is near.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, jazzyscreenname said:

Time to call CPS and report her then.  She was going to abandon her supposed kid.

It's time for a Who Killed Claudete.

No one (on-screen or off) cares enough about Claudette to kill her.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

No one (on-screen or off) cares enough about Claudette to kill her.

That's what I thought about Silas, and yet, they focused a whole murder mystery on him.

• Love 4

Ava, sweetie, I thought you were a professional liar and schemer. Surely you can think of a better way to dispose of those pills than to half-ass cover them up in a trash can. I'm going to guess that it was Curtis who pulled the bottle back out, since we know he's investigating for Julian.

Please, show, spare me a scene of Anna meeting Charlotte. I do not need to see her sobbing over Duke's supposed granddaughter.

I'll be glad when this Port Charles day is over and Nelle can change out of that ugly outfit. She's annoying me with her meddling in Sonny and Carly's relationship. She better have some master evil plan that she's hatching, because currently the character is nothing but tedious.

• Love 4

Does it not occur to Maxie that acting like an obnoxious teenage brat just serves as motivation for the kidnapper guy to shoot her in the head and be done with it? Not feeling sorry for her. At all.

Well, at least Carly is honest in crying that she didn't take good care of/was a shitty mother to Morgan.  I liked her having to acknowledge that Andre did order blood work recently but Morgan blew it off.  Morgan's douch behavior and death are not on Andre. I laughed that she hung up on Nelle. Probably not the reaction the writers were going for.

I assume that gloved hand was Curtis? I doubt Jason's taking the time to hang out near Sonny's/follow Ava.

Re preview: So nice of Anna to tell Felicia that Port Charles is home after Robin's already been through hell there without her over the years and has now moved away. Ugh.

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Even in his goddamn dreams, Sonny is the picked on victim. He feels sorry for himself awake and he feels sorry for himself asleep.  And the endless WHINING about how evil Ava was to Morgan. Ava should have thrown that bullshit back in his face.

I knew Carly's ass would summon Andre over just so she could ultimately yell at him for her failures.  In that respect S&C are again, exactly the same. Boo hooing and apologizing and pretending that they're SOOOO guilt-ridden.  Say you were horrible parents, say you didn't care enough, say you were always more interested in your own sick drama than you were with ANY of your children.  Someone! Anyone say it. But they won't, they're too busy feeling sorry for them.  Yet if Kiki died and it's was Ava's fault? S&C would be the first to show up and rub Ava's face in Kiki's blood. They'd CROW at her about how awful she was and how she deserved this and they'd smug like there was no tomorrow.

That's what this show never gets. They coddle S&C SO MUCH and they just don't see it.

• Love 5

I'm kinda surprised Michael didn't throw Kiki/Dillon out as someone Carly could blame for Morgan's spiral and subsequent death, but I'm sure that's coming eventually.

WTF with Charlotte being so clingy with Nathan over Griffin?  She's known Nathan for about six seconds.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

That's what I thought about Silas, and yet, they focused a whole murder mystery on him.

Yeah, but Silas had money, sarcasm skills, and actually did things.  In order to be murdered, one must do things.  I'm down for Claudette taking a day to anger everyone in town besides the audience if it means a murder mystery.  

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Re preview: So nice of Anna to tell Felicia that Port Charles is home after Robin's already been through hell there without her over the years and has now moved away. Ugh.

At least she'll be far away from Robin. Small victories.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Please, show, spare me a scene of Anna meeting Charlotte. I do not need to see her sobbing over Duke's supposed granddaughter.

And sobbing that Charlotte should/could have been her granddaughter in the life they should have had together.  Who is Griffin's mother, btw?

I rolled my eyes at the irony of Anna telling Robert (phone) to "call your granddaughter" when she was all about giving Patrick and Emma "space" at the times Emma was sad and confused about being without Mommy. 

Go off and train some agents, Anna. Make yourself useful.

• Love 7
Just now, ciarra said:

Who is the most kidnapped on this show?  Maxie, Lulu or Sam?

I feel sorry for Charlotte, every day Clod is introducing another guy, saying "Meet your father."

Charlotte probably longs for the day Clod says to her "Meet your mommy."   Maybe her real mom will teach her to read.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Charlotte probably longs for the day Clod says to her "Meet your mommy."   Maybe her real mom will teach her to read.

On that day, Lulu will whine that she didn't get to carry Charlotte herself. #eyeroll

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Not if it's Lulu, she won't. She'll be too preoccupied with the next thing she wants really badly.

• Love 5