Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

When were the Stavros/Lulu embryos...created? Surely not long ago enough to have created a 10 year old.

Val found Helena's left over "Miracle Gro for Humans".  LOL

And that little girl is awfully small for 10.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

BM has to be adding all the 'buddy' stuff, right? Like as horrible as these writers are I can't really imagine them actually writing that in.

Why do people always think Billy is changing the script!? Did I miss something?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why Lulu was so gutted about Morgan. I get her being upset for Dante, but her reaction seems a bit much. Lulu and Morgan said two words to each other over the years.

She interacted with kid Morgan a bit. And he did work at the Haunted Star for like a month so maybe they interacted on off-screen GH, heh. And I guess she feels bad on behalf of Carly too.

15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Why do people always think Billy is changing the script!? Did I miss something?

No one else on the show says "buddy" as much as him. I doubt it was something the writers coordinated on. I don't think he's ad-libbing whole sale but he's probably allowed to throw in an extra word or two. Or maybe not, who knows. 

19 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Val found Helena's left over "Miracle Gro for Humans".  LOL

And that little girl is awfully small for 10.

I think the writers forgot that they said it was 10 years ago all the Claudette shenanigans took place. *tension headache forming*. On the up side, then maybe it means Tree can still be hauled off for attempted murder.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

wtf was Maxie talking to Lulu about Charlotte when her brother in law was just killed? I know she's selfish, but really?

Seriously, that's the second time the show has done that, had Maxie gloss over something Lulu's going through to start whining about Claudette.  She skipped Nikolas' funeral, but then made Lulu come meet her afterwards.  Worst!

• Love 3

DZ is doing great work & looks awesome with a beard. He needs to keep it. LW does grief and pain really well. She's been doing that since she's been 21 years old when she started on Loving & later Guiding Light. MB also does better when he cries & shows pain on his face but then he starts talking and my eyes glaze over. Also, his not having a beard, then having a beard and then not having one takes me out of any scene he's in. I guess it was taped out of order on a long day or on different days altogether. I guess they don't have anyone to check the continuity due to budget cuts. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No one else on the show says "buddy" as much as him. I doubt it was something the writers coordinated on. I don't think he's ad-libbing whole sale but he's probably allowed to throw in an extra word or two. Or maybe not, who knows. 

I think the touchy feely thing he does and standing thisclose to cast members is all him. I'm not yet believing he's adding all these "buddy" lines randomly. I do think that's in the script. 

• Love 1

Morgan did have someone to help raise him and his name was Jax. He didn't become a shitty adult until Jax left and they SORAS him. Teen Morgan played by Aaron was great. Him and Molly were the last kid actors I tolerated aside from my Danny's.

Speaking of why hasn't Molly been told and we see her reaction instead of HE stinking up the place.

• Love 8

Seriously are people really amazed some of us think Charlotte is that damn embryo? On a show that had Dr. O in an Anna face mask and no one knew the difference. When Jake is walking around after 2 doctors declared him dead and took his kidneys. I know most of this was during Ron's time but Jelly are no better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Michael could have been a better brother to Morgan, setting a good example and ensuring that the kid got certain life skills, and even checking on his meds and blood tests for awhile (not forever). 

As far as I know, that's called parenting - it's supposed to be Sonny and Carly's job. They should have made sure he had those skills when he returned from the expensive school at age 18/19 (no longer a boy) during the gambling problem storyline, when BC was cast as Morgan. But instead, for years now Sonny and Carly have relied on Michael (and Jason, when SBu was in the role) to make them feel better about their awfulness as parents, help fix their mistakes, and "look after" Morgan so they didn't have to. Michael has tried to help Morgan, but all it got him was a lot of attitude from his brother, and set up to look like a dangerous alcoholic when Michael didn't do/act like Morgan thought he should (re: Avery). Michael was definitely not obligated to play babysitter to his brother after that.  

It makes sense, though, that Michael would blame himself - his upbringing and his parents' refusal to own their mistakes or learn from them, and the truth that they are awful parents.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As far as I know, that's called parenting - it's supposed to be Sonny and Carly's job. They should have made sure he had those skills when he returned from the expensive school at age 18/19 (no longer a boy) during the gambling problem storyline, when BC was cast as Morgan. But instead, for years now Sonny and Carly have relied on Michael (and Jason, when SBu was in the role) to make them feel better about their awfulness as parents, help fix their mistakes, and "look after" Morgan so they didn't have to. Michael has tried to help Morgan, but all it got him was a lot of attitude from his brother, and set up to look like a dangerous alcoholic when Michael didn't do/act like Morgan thought he should (re: Avery). Michael was definitely not obligated to play babysitter to his brother after that.  

Strictly speaking, you are right. I guess I am seeing through the lens of my own life experience. (My father died when my brother was 2 months old, and I was 16. All my life since then, I've been expected to help raise him when my mother remarried and neglected him.) Older siblings can and do help when parents abandon their responsibilities; it's called "love".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, although I kinda don't mind it if it's all partly because he still dislikes her for lying about AJ. Or I should say I would get it. I just want someone to genuinely dislike Kiki lol. One of the characters on the show I mean.

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Fuck Kiki.

Damn.  I can't even complain if things are going like this now on GH.  I'm kinda excited to watch today's episode now.  Like, legit.   Morgan is dead af (for someone on GH that isn't fat), Michael is pissed again, and there's minimal Franco.  I could probably overlook a giant magical imaginary zombie embryo creature.  Because seriously, that embryo was spawned off when ER was recast as Lulu, which was about a few years ago- not a damned decade ago.  If Charlotte is anyone's child with Lulu, I'll buy Dillion/Lulu or Johnny/Lulu, but no way in in hell is she the Stavros/Lulu child.  And besides, why would Valentin care about a girlchild?  This is GH.  No one cares about girlchild.  What show does Jelly think they're writing?  Clearly not this one.  It's the male heir that they all fight over.  Duh.

14 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Strictly speaking, you are right. I guess I am seeing through the lens of my own life experience. (My father died when my brother was 2 months old, and I was 16. All my life since then, I've been expected to help raise him when my mother remarried and neglected him.) Older siblings can and do help when parents abandon their responsibilities; it's called "love".

Gotcha. I understand - life experience w/family and family friends is what makes this a pet peeve of mine. It's a bad situation when the parent(s) want the kid(s) to parent them, and/or are self-involved (like Sonny and Carly), so they leave it up to their eldest or elder children to parent the youngest ones. The death of a parent is an extenuating circumstance - I know of situations like that, where older siblings help or even have to take over parenting. Yet the surviving parent still needs to do their job. In this case, during Michael's adult life, neither his mother or 'father' (by illegal adoption) has died or been presumed dead for a period of time. 

• Love 2

When Jason reminded Michael that he was the first one to hold Morgan when he came home from the hospital, I talked back to the TV, as one does, and "Yeah Michael kinda had to hold Morgan because Carly was in a coma after being shot in the head by Sonny while she was giving birth{".  Mr. Moving, who only starting watching with me 4 years ago and did not know about the "bullet of love", shouted "What do you mean Sonny shot Carly in the head while she was giving birth!".   I had to pause the DVR and tell him the whole Lorenzo Alcazar/Carly's coma dream life story line.  Poor guy looked at me with disbelief and muttered the he can't believe I got him hooked on this crap.  

• Love 13

When Franco was comforting Kiki, especially when he was stroking her hair, I had conflicting emotions. I was glad that Kiki was getting some kind feedback while she was so distraught, but also felt angry and manipulated that it came from Franco, the serial killer.It was a relief when she cut it short and declared that she needed to be alone. I hope Franco doesn't use this new vulnerability to get closer to her and wreck her life.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I wouldn't be upset if a bomb were dropped on Lulu/Maxie/Dante/Tree/Claud/Griffin/Claud's baby. 

Obviously, I wasn't bothered by Michael going off on Kiki, because fuck her. In fact, I wish he hadn't even bothered to apologize, because fuck her. Not a single person on this show is ever allowed to really hate her and it's annoying. And HE was terrible. 

UO I guess but I found Dillon to be a bit pushy. Kiki JUST found out that Morgan died and she already ran away from you in tears in the previous episode. You couldn't give her a few hours to herself? It's not like she doesn't have other people to talk to if she wants. 

I hadn't put it together until someone mentioned it here that Ava has played a role in circumstances that led to AJ, Sabrina, and Morgan being killed. This is why this constant weepy shit from her doesn't work for me. She's done way too much for her to ALWAYS be crying, and feeling sorry for herself, and complaining about how hard the thug life is. Just stop it.

I see that once again Dante is allowed to be involved in a case that involves his family. 

• Love 5

I see that once again Dante is allowed to be involved in a case that involves his family. 

And not some long-lost relative either after a long length of time has passed.  

At least there is one less Corinthos on the screen for now.   Is it too much to ask for an October surprise with Sonny offing himself?  The script has Sonny drinking and on meds.  Ava can switch his meds too.  C'mon writers - the script writes itself.

Where has this Dante been hiding?  His acting the past couple of episodes along with CD really accentuate the SUB-PAR level of acting we suffered watching Brydog stink up the screen with MB.  Without Morgan, Kiki is now stinking up the joint - but she has been a slight improvement over the first kiki.   But no one stinks up the joint more than Nina and Franco.  One striking thing from yesterday's episode was the failure of Nina and Franco to be integrated into the show.  Both could be removed from the script with a couple of lines and the show could save on some labor costs.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I am having a hard time with Scotty knowing that Ava changing Morgan' s meds and staying quiet about it.

Given Scott's history is not that of an honest man, I'm not surprised.  He's done a lot of lying, concealing, cheating, embezzling, accepting bribes, etc. in his lifetime.  If not telling gets him an advantage (in this case what that would be, I don't know), he'll take it.  

Edited by LegalParrot81
8 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I am having a hard time with Scotty knowing that Ava changing Morgan' s meds and staying quiet about it.

Didn't Ava hire him before she told him what she did with Morgan's meds?  Doesn't that preclude him from saying anything?

But of course, it's all about making people opposed to Sonny look The Evil.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

UO I guess but I found Dillon to be a bit pushy. Kiki JUST found out that Morgan died and she already ran away from you in tears in the previous episode. You couldn't give her a few hours to herself? It's not like she doesn't have other people to talk to if she wants. 

Nina suggested he go over there, so no wonder it was a bad idea.

9 hours ago, Lillybee said:

As of Thursday's episode, he doesn't know Morgan is dead. And as TeeVee329 pointed out, Ava told him that after she hired him, so there's attorney-client privilege. (She gave him a retainer because she wanted to be able to tell him that without getting into trouble.)

30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As of Thursday's episode, he doesn't know Morgan is dead. And as TeeVee329 pointed out, Ava told him that after she hired him, so there's attorney-client privilege. (She gave him a retainer because she wanted to be able to tell him that without getting into trouble.)

She gave him the retainer so he would be bound by attorney-client privilege as she told him that she knew Paul was the hospital serial killer before he was arrested. She then also told him about switching Morgan's meds.  

11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I have a little sympathy because, recently with the stuff with his dad, he didn't reach out to Kiki, but he was comforted when she showed up unprompted.  I guess this isn't exactly the same, but still, he didn't deserve to be treated that way by his cuz.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

he didn't deserve to be treated that way by his cuz.

Especially because Michael was lurking in the hallway, eavesdropping. (Which made me wonder why Dillon didn't close the door to the apartment, but...plot point.)

• Love 2

ava's concern for morgan was phony to me. her and morgan couldn't stand each other in the past few months. i understand she feels guilty but her sudden concern makes no sense at all. 

i like michael, but morgan was the shittiest boyfriend ever and kiki deserved better than him. michael pissed me off. he has no right to judge dillon and kiki bc he was screwing kiki behind morgan's back so he has no room to talk. 

did jordan really say sonny planted that bomb in julian’s car like its a fact?? she hasn't done any investigation on this she is such a shit commissioner. sorry but ever since she became the commissioner she is insufferable as hell! 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Was I the only one who thought CD said "I'm sorry too" in a tone that didn't sound like he was apologizing for the yelling? He sounded like he was saying "I'm sorry that you caused my brother to get into that car too."

Not at all.  I mean Michael actually explained to Kiki why he was apologizing.  So no, I don't know how he's blaming her for putting Morgan in the car.  He told her that she's doing what he was doing, which was blaming themselves for something they had no control over.  So no, I didn't see that at all in his statement of "I'm sorry too."

As for Dillon, meh.  He hasn't been there for his cousin, and I don't even know if he said a word to Michael regarding Sabrina.  The entire scene at Kiki's place was plot point writing that frankly, I'm not sure why it happened.  The more I think about it:  Why was Michael written into that scene?  What was the point of it?  The writers better not be thinking about a Michael/Kiki redux.  

Edited by Bishop
52 minutes ago, smoothoperator said:

ava's concern for morgan was phony to me. her and morgan couldn't stand each other in the past few months. i understand she feels guilty but her sudden concern makes no sense at all. 

Ava's concern seems false to me not because I don't think she cared for Morgan, but because she didn't think of the possibility that he could get himself killed?! Morgan almost gets himself killed on one of his good days!!

• Love 6

What the bluedilly fuck did Ava think would happen when she messed with Morgan's meds? 

That's what makes this so rage-blackout-inducing. There are foreseeable consequences here. 

Lord. I wanted to type this in all caps I'm so ragey about it.

*takes several deep, calming breaths—but wishes she wasn't at work so she could have a shot of bourbon, hour be damned*

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

As for Dillon, meh.  He hasn't been there for his cousin, and I don't even know if he said a word to Michael regarding Sabrina.

And when has Michael ever been there for Dillon?  This is more a problem of the writers not putting any value into this familial/Quartermaine relationship, but I dunno why the fault lies with one or the other.

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

The writers better not be thinking about a Michael/Kiki redux.  

Oh gawd, I hope not.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And when has Michael ever been there for Dillon?  This is more a problem of the writers not putting any value into this familial/Quartermaine relationship, but I dunno why the fault lies with one or the other.

That's a valid point.   I don't think Michael and Dillon have shared a single scene together apart from yesterday, and it was only to fight.

I guess Joss doesn't think Uncle Sonny being in the mob is super cool anymore and there will be no more career days for him.  All it took was him blowing up her brother. #eyeroll

Shut up, Kristina.  Her defending him here - given she almost died in a super similar situation - rings false as hell.

• Love 15

Have Kristina and Josslyn ever been in a scene together?? I'm positive the two of them have never had a scene together with Michael. 

I'm laughing that Sonny is surprised/offended that Carly would leave him right now.  He called off the hit - that should totes make a huge difference.

No, Carly, you should never have reunited with Sonny in the first place, after Michael got shot in the head. Ugh. And Michael being softer on Sonny already is very disappointing. 

Nelle is aware that Morgan has just died but hopes she's not interrupting. The invention of the phone, then voice mail, was marvelous, girlie. They even have it at the Metro Court hotel. 

Wow, Kristina is a total B. I know she hates Julian for trying to kill her mother, but seriously...wish she would go back to the personality where she saw Sonny for what he is really is. Poor Josslyn.  The Josslyn actress did a great job. She also really looks like she could be Carly and Jax's kid. So great to hear her actually reference time spent with Jax.  "Dad was right about Uncle Sonny all along."  Woo hoo!!

I love that Avery verbally rejected going to Daddy, and also pulled away when Nelle tried to hand her over. LMAO. 

• Love 9

Ha ha! Avery for the win! That girl knows what's up. Unlike her ridiculous sister, Kristina.

I swear Kristina is almost completely useless at this point (I say almost because I still love the coven.) Out of all of Sonny's remaining kids, I thought she'd be the most pissed off considering she almost died because Sonny planted a bomb to kill one of his enemies. Her first comment to Sonny should have been "How could you even think of doing that again?! Congratulations, now you've actually killed one of your precious children this time!" Instead, she's going off about how mean people are being to Sonny. Shut up, shut up!

I'm glad Josslyn references Jax and that the blinders are off now, though I don't have hopes it will change her mind. Hopefully, no more Uncle Sonny BS.

Michael's reaction is disappointing. I was hoping his letting Sonny off the hook yesterday was just because he was drowning in his own misplaced guilt - but no. He's actually making excuses for him. Gah! Well, at least this time, his turnaround (though not much of a turnaround since he was only mad at Sonny for five minutes) can't be blamed on anyone else.

I almost wanted to slap Sonny for how incredulous he was that Carly was leaving him. "Wait, I killed our son and you want to leave me for that? That's madness!" Then again, this is Carly we're talking about and she's excused him for so much heinous shit, I almost can't blame him that he just assumed she'd roll with this, too.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm laughing that Sonny is surprised/offended that Carly would leave him right now.  He called off the hit - that should totes make a huge difference.

I don't blame him actually, for that. She said it to him last summer. "You're violent and cruel when you get angry but you're charming when you want to be." To be fair to her this could have happened anyway even if she hadn't got back together with him, but by marrying him again she kind of gave an endorsement.

It's just Kristina's turn to carry the Sonny torch. This poor show is squeezed between a rock and hard place, aka Sonny and Franco.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's just Kristina's turn to carry the Sonny torch. This poor show is squeezed between a rock and hard place, aka Sonny and Franco.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard for me to judge the characters who have to defend Sonny. Someone has to do it.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Have Kristina and Josslyn ever been in a scene together?? I'm positive the two of them have never had a scene together with Michael. 

Well they didn't speak I don't think but both were at the wedding.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's just Kristina's turn to carry the Sonny torch.

That, and FV/Jelly know nothing about the character; they proved that with that terrible interview about the Kristina/Professtor story. 

Because the idea that Kristina, or any of his children at this point, would be defending him is ridiculous. She spent days in the hospital afraid she was going to be paralyzed just because she was standing next to someone that he'd targeted, and because her father never learns, grows or changes - her little brother is dead

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

That, and FV/Jelly know nothing about the character; they proved that with that terrible interview about the Kristina/Professtor story. 

Because the idea that Kristina, or any of his children at this point, would be defending him is ridiculous. She spent days in the hospital afraid she was going to be paralyzed just because she was standing next to someone that he'd targeted, and because her father never learns, grows or changes - her little brother is dead

I agree with you. But pretty much every character has suffered at the hands of Sonny and they have to get over it and defend him when the time comes. This isn't Jelly for me.

• Love 2

Kristina, STFU, your Dad isn't some hero and yes, you git, he needs to have as much blame heaped on him as possible just because. Go find some junior college far, far away to accept your whiny ass.

The purpose of Nelle is what, other than to carry Carly's bags and push Avery around the park?

Another day of the boring Kewpie doll and her kid (although the little actress is pretty cute).  Still don't care about any of them.

Joss, go buy yourself a one way ticket to Sydney and grow up in a normal, happy home with Jax and Lady Jane.

Julian's still a dick.

Three cheers for Avery.  The baby girl is smarter than all her siblings combined.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4