Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I smell  trouble in the Dean's invitation to lowly Morgan for a cozy visit, but not for the obvious reason (cheating on the paper assignment). The Show writers must be completely unfamiliar with academic administration. Nowadays, big universities like the one in Port Charles have more than one Dean. If this one is the Academic Dean (and there might be several), the school might have discovered the paper's non-original status. More likely, the school discovered that he is a  Corinthii, and the Dean might be trying some preemptive buttering-up to raise some capital for itself.  It's unlikely that a Dean is going to call Morgan in for grilling; the professor would do  that.

I would like to see Morgan get caught, simply to teach him a lesson about the abject stupidity of buying a paper .    The trouble that I sense is that Morgan's guilty conscience will make him blurt out some ill-timed remarks that will reveal his paper-cheating..                                     

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

*Nope, don't want him back. I still think he's a terrible soap writer who is incapable of crafting a coherent story arc. Jelly are just as incompetent at crafting story arcs, but they're much less ambitious - so their failures are tedious, boring, drama-free and small instead of  huge, splashy and embarrassing 

Passanante and Altman don't even try, and that's so disrespectful to the audience and the actors. I've complained about this before: Why aren't they taking more risks? I simply don't understand the mind-set here. GH is in trouble, so why not go all in, and make it fun and interesting for everyone while it lasts?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

This show is so stupid. I'm ashamed I still watch.

Same. 

53 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would take Ron back, if I had to choose between these two and him. 

Same again.

There were so many problems with this episode. Like SO many. It's not even worth it anymore.

I liked Sam's jeans though, even if I still don't fully understand the concept of jeans with huge rips in them.

God, Carly was so annoying today. "You seduced a boy" "maybe he's angry cause a murderer is walking around free" "Julian provoked Sonny first". Shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Ava was annoying too though.

Spinelli: Uh, I'm afraid Morgan, that you are not in our inner circle of mobular camaraderie. Are you confusing yourself with your older brother Michael? And have Kiki and Spinelli EVER met? Why would she ask how he was?

Oh Carly, Morgan telling you he doesn't deserve the necklace is a nice way of saying "I don't want it."

Jane Elliot moment of the day: when she said "I'm sorry!" when Paul got mad she called him a serial killer.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

So Anna and Dillon climbed through the wormhole and found Tracy and Paul just in time! 

On the bright side, it looks like Dillon will get to be the hero who saves his mother. I can appreciate that. I don't like Anna being the one to bust Paul (should have been Jordan), but I'm assuming it's written this way so that a) she can look like a PCPD hot shot again and b) whatever lingering hostility Tracy still feels toward Anna re: Luke (ugh, so not worth it) can finally be put to rest. 

I wonder if it will turn out that the guy who knocked on the door didn't believe Paul and called the police/flagged down Anna as they arrived.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yup. Ron started this damage.

I think JP and SA made it worse. (I'm biased though cause of Dante. Even with Dante at least he was sorry when Ron was around. JP and SA were the ones who made him into a remorseless ass who thought nothing of dating on the side.)

41 minutes ago, backhometome said:

IDK Sam seems pretty angry with Julian. She just doesnt want him dead which I can understand. He is the only one she can rightfully be upset with. 

I get that, and I agree with it, which is why I think Sam and Jason would/should have conflict over it. Even fluffy Jason should want Julian dead, Julian threatened Michael and Morgan. Sam would get it, but as you say, she wouldn't want him dead.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I wonder if it will turn out that the guy who knocked on the door didn't believe Paul and called the police/flagged down Anna as they arrived.

I hope so, because at least it adds a modicum of sense. Also he seemed cute and concerned so I like to think he wasn't dumb enough to let it go.

On the bright side, it looks like Dillon will get to be the hero who saves his mother. I can appreciate that. I don't like Anna being the one to bust Paul (should have been Jordan), but I'm assuming it's written this way so that a) she can look like a PCPD hot shot again and b) whatever lingering hostility Tracy still feels toward Anna re: Luke (ugh, so not worth it) can finally be put to rest.

I think it's mostly reason A. I don't think there is any lingering hostility on Tracy's part for Anna, for Luke or any other reason. If she acts snarky towards her sometimes that's cause that's Tracy.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

"Julian provoked Sonny first"

This always cracks me up. Sonny, you're an ADULT. (I'm sure Silas wouldn't mind if I added "allegedly.") You can choose not to engage. GOD. It's exhausting watching him temper-tantrum his way through life.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think JP and SA made it worse. (I'm biased though cause of Dante. Even with Dante at least he was sorry when Ron was around. JP and SA were the ones who made him into a remorseless ass who thought nothing of dating on the side.)

I get it. I'm biased, too, and a bunch of my favorite characters were stomped on and set on fire under Ron. We all have our breaking points!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

lingering hostility on Tracy's part for Anna, for Luke or any other reason. If she acts snarky towards her sometimes that's cause that's Tracy.

I'm thinking of a scene (since Luke's departure) when Tracy was in Paul's office, and Paul wanted to see Anna about some case/official matter.  He spoke of her experience/value and Tracy got irritated -possibly bordering on jealousy (way before she caught him w/Ava) - saying something like "What is it about that woman ..."

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yes, that's a good take on it. I couldn't put my finger quite on what was bugging me about her.

Yep. It's very "here I am, GH world. If you don't love me (but you will), there's something wrong with YOU".

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

I think they still qualify as newbies because if either of them left, it wouldn't put a dent AT ALL in the story fabric or canvas of GH.  Compare that to Monica, Tracy, Maxie, Elizabeth, Laura, Michael, Sonny, etc. dying or leaving.

The thing is, the way they write the show currently-pretty much anyone could leave, and in some cases there may be (take your pick) celebrating or mourning by some of the viewers and characters. But overall, I really can't think of one single person, that if they left, the entire town would stop functioning. Or for that matter, any one actor whose exit would kill the show, ratings wise. I'm sure some would like to think that someone like Maurice or Laura, Kelly or even Billy leaving would kill the show. I don't think it would. I think the Nielsen viewers are lifers, who will continue to watch until the lights switch off, regardless of who goes or stays. It's sad though, that NO ONE, character wise, is so integral, that a giant hole would be felt in the canvas if they were gone. Sure, some would be more missed than others, but long term storyline affects for anyone? I can't think of one single person whose exit now, would have that affect on the canvas.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I can't think of one single person whose exit now, would have that affect on the canvas.

I can't, either. It just shows how segregated everyone is that any character could be lifted right out. Maybe that was intentional, but it sure makes for a plodding show.

Soaps need an anchor, and GH doesn't have one, no matter how hard they try to make Sonny and Carly fill that role. They're too reprehensible.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Yep. It's very "here I am, GH world. If you don't love me (but you will), there's something wrong with YOU".

The thing is, the way they write the show currently-pretty much anyone could leave, and in some cases there may be (take your pick) celebrating or mourning by some of the viewers and characters. But overall, I really can't think of one single person, that if they left, the entire town would stop functioning. Or for that matter, any one actor whose exit would kill the show, ratings wise. I'm sure some would like to think that someone like Maurice or Laura, Kelly or even Billy leaving would kill the show. I don't think it would. I think the Nielsen viewers are lifers, who will continue to watch until the lights switch off, regardless of who goes or stays. It's sad though, that NO ONE, character wise, is so integral, that a giant hole would be felt in the canvas if they were gone. Sure, some would be more missed than others, but long term storyline affects for anyone? I can't think of one single person whose exit now, would have that affect on the canvas.

Yeah, if Luke can leave town with nary a ripple, anyone can.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This always cracks me up. Sonny, you're an ADULT. (I'm sure Silas wouldn't mind if I added "allegedly.") You can choose not to engage. GOD. It's exhausting watching him temper-tantrum his way through life.

It's even more exhausting watching people enable him in that.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Luke, Jason, Robin, Nik, Patrick, Lucky, Brenda, etc. This show could be starring Frank's next door neighbors and people would still watch.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't, either. It just shows how segregated everyone is that any character could be lifted right out. Maybe that was intentional, but it sure makes for a plodding show.

Soaps need an anchor, and GH doesn't have one, no matter how hard they try to make Sonny and Carly fill that role. They're too reprehensible.

Remember when Steve Hardy died? Oh sure, he was kind of boring (sorry-he was, for me). And John B wasn't Laurence Olivier. But the character of Steve Hardy, COS of GH, had presence. When JB died, there was a void. In a way, it was like a part of the show died with him, and honestly-I don't feel it ever recovered. He'd been a part of it since literally day one. The show now compared to then, is just soulless and adrift. Stuart Damon was the closest one to come to filling JB's shoes...but other than SD? No one has even come close. I thought for a second Patrick might, but he's gone. With really GOOD writers, Griffin and Liz could fill the spots left by Steve Hardy and Jessie Brewer.

14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Exactly.

So, Tracy was rescued today, or it looked like she might be? So why then is there that spoiler that says

Spoiler

Tracy and Dillon have an emotional moment on October 10th? It has to be Paul related, right?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Luke, Jason, Robin, Nik, Patrick, Lucky, Brenda, etc. This show could be starring Frank's next door neighbors and people would still watch.

Think of how convenient that would be when he starts filming in his backyard to save money. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Think of how convenient that would be when he starts filming in his backyard to save money. 

That place with the broken fence wasn't his backyard?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

And it's unfortunate bc I think Billy and Kelly can do angst well, and they have more comfortable, natural chemistry and enjoy each other so much more than SBu/Kelly. The show needs to stop wasting it by giving them shallow fluff scenes.

I don't agree at all.  In fact, lack of chemistry is part of the problem with BM and Kelly.  They look more like an old married couple rather than a hot young couple.  I don't see those lingering glances, really great eye contact where they communicate just with body language the way SBu/Kelly did.  Those two didn't even have to speak because their body language told everything.  Billy and Kelly are more like friends with benefits.  I don't see the new Jason and Sam as the soul mates they once were at all.  The relationship and vibe between the characters now is SO different.  I saw some old YT videos of Jasam, and the contrast is extraordinary. 

39 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The thing is, the way they write the show currently-pretty much anyone could leave, and in some cases there may be (take your pick) celebrating or mourning by some of the viewers and characters . . .  Sure, some would be more missed than others, but long term storyline affects for anyone? I can't think of one single person whose exit now, would have that affect on the canvas.

But that's the entire point.  You would miss the vets.  Their history would be mourned.  People were frantic at the mere idea of Tracy being killed off or Monica.  The consensus was "Kill off a newbie, not a vet."  Sabrina's death?  Meh.   In fact, many viewers were outraged that Sabrina was given a funeral and Nikolas got nothing.  Granted, the character was expected to come back, but the long-time GH viewers mourn their vet characters.  The newbies?  We don't really care if they leave or die because the writers have not done a great job of truly integrating them into the GH canvas.  I mean can ANYONE tell me the relevance of Nina on GH?  What is her purpose?  Who cares about her character or her storyline?  Valerie?  Dr. Andre?  Curtis is charismatic. So he can stay, but he also doesn't really provide anything that let's say Dante doesn't provide.  Have you noticed how Dante has been backburned?  I'd rather see Dante.  Why is Dante not in the PCPD interrogation room figuring out the hospital killer instead of Jordan, Nathan, Curtis, and Dr. Andre?  That made NO sense to me.  No one can tell me that losing any of the vets, whether you like them or hate them, wouldn't affect the viewers because we all have our favorites.  If Sonny, Carly, Elizabeth, Monica, Tracy, Michael, Sam, Alexis, Kevin, Laura, etc. were killed off, fans would be mad.  Fans, like myself, are STILL outraged over the death of AJ.  That one still stings.  Yet the RC writing regime tripped over themselves to salvage Franco, Kiki, and Silas/Finn?  Where's Ned?  Where's Ric?  Wouldn't you rather be seeing them than the host of newbies that eat up screen time every day?  No one can tell me that that doesn't effect GH.

I actually don't agree with the majority here that the show is horrible.  I think it's been pretty entertaining lately, but it could be so much better if more of the GH vets that I love were showcased.  The soaps, unfortunately, are not what they use to be, and spoilers and message boards have certainly not helped.  Of the remaining soaps, GH still gives me what I want for the most part, and I love the vet characters.  So I'll stick around until the end.  If the newbies are all killed off in the next month?  Eh.  Whatever.  That being said, these new writers should be able to write for the vets.  That statement a few pages back that it's difficult for writers to write for the vets because they have to honor history.  DUH!!  If the new writers can't handle that fact, then they should go back to writing school.   It's a soap for heaven's sake!  Honoring character history is Soap Opera 101.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bishop said:

The relationship and vibe between the characters now is SO different.  

I think they should find a middle ground between old and new. I never cared for OGJaSam because it was a lot of crying, screaming, begging, and ending up in a hospital bed on Sam's part, and a lot of violence and yelling and Sonny/Carly Are The Priority on Jason's part. They needed a change, IMO.

• Love 3

Can somebody tell me whether Julian really tried to kill his wife? And if yes, why?  He seems to be genuinely in love with her. I am assuming I am supposed to root for Sonny over Julian but the actor playing Sonny mumbles a lot and has this dead eyed stare and I can't help preferring the actor who plays Julian.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think they should find a middle ground between old and new. I never cared for OGJaSam because it was a lot of crying, screaming, begging, and ending up in a hospital bed on Sam's part. They needed a change, IMO.

Not for me.  I loved Jasam as played by SBu and Kelly, and it wasn't all crying, screaming and begging.  There were a lot of great moments with them, but most important, there was real drama and chemistry and connection brought by the actors.  You need that in order to make me care about them as characters and as a couple.  I get none of that from this new Jakesam version.  I mean, what's their storyline?  They spend ALL their conversations on Julian and Sonny.  All day, everyday.  This isn't the change that helps anything.  For me, they are incredibly boring and have been for a year.  Give me Kevin and Laura.  They are my new favorite couple.  Those two have chemistry AND know how to use their history as characters.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Can somebody tell me whether Julian really tried to kill his wife? And if yes, why?  He seems to be genuinely in love with her. I am assuming I am supposed to root for Sonny over Julian but the actor playing Sonny mumbles a lot and has this dead eyed stare and I can't help preferring the actor who plays Julian.

Yes he tried to kill Alexis because she turned on him and wore a wire to help convict him for the murder of both his hit man and also the town cat, er, rival mobster, Duke. And he was letting Alexis take the fall in the hopes that she'd be acquitted and they would both be free.

how can you not root for Sonny? the man is a hero! Just ask him, he'll tell you! He's the mobster with z heart of gold! He loves his family and will do anything to protect them, including getting his son shot in the head and shooting his other son in the chest. I mean, who wouldn't love a man like that? ::eye roll::

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Not for me.  I loved Jasam as played by SBu and Kelly, and it wasn't all crying, screaming and begging.  There were a lot of great moments with them, but most important, there was real drama and chemistry and connection brought by the actors.  You need that in order to make me care about them as characters and as a couple.  I get none of that from this new Jakesam version.  I mean, what's their storyline?  They spend ALL their conversations on Julian and Sonny.  All day, everyday.  This isn't the change that helps anything.  For me, they are incredibly boring and have been for a year.  Give me Kevin and Laura.  They are my new favorite couple.  Those two have chemistry AND know how to use their history as characters.

And all that is fine. Everyone likes/dislikes different things.

NuJaSam don't have a real story between the two of them, I never said they did. My point was that I think Kelly and Billy should get the opportunity to showcase things other than fluff.

• Love 5

But that's the entire point.  You would miss the vets

Some of them, yes. I think we are coming at it from slightly different angles, though. Not denying I'd miss some of the vets and maybe one or two "newbies".  Missing them, however, is different from the feeling of "the show will never be the same" if that character left the canvas permanently.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Bishop said:

What were Sam and Jason doing under Guza after Liason ended? It was all about whatever Jason was doing while Molly kept hinting that Sam wanted to get married and Jason saying "if you want to, I'll do it" while Sam said "I don't need to" a bunch of times.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What were Sam and Jason doing under Guza after Liason ended? It was all about whatever Jason was doing while Molly kept hinting that Sam wanted to get married and Jason saying "if you want to, I'll do it" while Sam said "I don't need to" a bunch of times.

Yet nothing was worse, to me, than Jason's Fill-In-The-Blank Enemy going after Sam. Seriously, how many times did that happen? It had to be a soap record.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ulkis said:

To be fair they did cuddle on the couch reading gun magazines together.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Missing them, however, is different from the feeling of "the show will never be the same" if that character left the canvas permanently.

Exactly. If Luke Spencer, the show's biggest character, can leave the show and nothing changes, there's no hope. Think of how many new characters have no idea who he is: Finn, Rebecca Budig, Naomi, Claudette, Griffin, etc. No matter what you think of Luke (or TG, for that matter), he's the iconic character, a huge part of Port Charles. Yet he slinks off into the fog and that's the end. That's ridiculous. He doesn't need to be mentioned all the time, but he needs to be an overall presence. He's not.

Why hasn't Ava gotten physical custody of Avery back?

As much as I hate that Paul's killing spree is for a rape revenge (sigh; RAPE IS NOT A PLOT POINT), it's kind of nice to see a man crack up for a change.

Lauren looked really nice today. Whatever they're doing to LW, though, they need to stop. I don't know if it's makeup alone or makeup and lighting, but she looks so orange.

Sam really doesn't have the high ground when it comes to Julian choosing "the business." Her husband might not be active in it for the time being, but she still associates with Sonny, who's steeped in it.

JE's expressions while Paul was holding the hypodermic to Tracy's neck were very funny.

All the anvils about someone getting hurt in the Julian/Sonny crossfire point to Morgan.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey all - back on the grid after a little break, what "awesome" stuff have I missed?  Has Nelle finally gotten her scheming bitch on?  Any Lucy sightings?

That Lucy Woman is on on Monday.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"Genius! Renew that man's contract!" -ABC

AKA, ABC has to air something and GH is dirt cheap and getting cheaper with their Dollar Tree hair, make-up, and clothes. 

I don't think it is possible for ABC to care less about GH.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whatever they're doing to LW, though, they need to stop. I don't know if it's makeup alone or makeup and lighting, but she looks so orange.

The make up department dyes her to match Maurice.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

All the anvils about someone getting hurt in the Julian/Sonny crossfire point to Morgan.

I hope they kill off Morgan as a result of Sonny's act of vengeance on Julian.  The chickens would be coming home to roost.   Carly would never forgive herself or Sonny. Of course Sonny would place the blame on the Jeromes .  The two of them would destroy themselves and each other.  As Carly herself has said she and Sonny are toxic.   Imagine the havoc Carly could cause in Sonny's life and organization as she plots to bring him down. Morgan's mob related death would cause ripples across the canvas.  He is a Spencer by birth and marriage through Dante, his sister and cousin are Alexis's daughters, his baby sister is both a Jerome and Corinthos and Michael and Jason are Quartermaines. This has the makings of GREAT DRAMA that could be played out for years.

• Love 5

Am I to understand that Bobbie and Lucas were both retconned out of Paul's explanation as to why he murdered all these people?  

And Claudette's sketchy ex is Valentin?  The fuck?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

*Slaps forehead* I just realized Paul said he had to "tie" up loose ends. While he was twisting the TIE in his hands and looking at Tracy's neck.  Yes, I am that slow sometimes. Also loved his comment that the least he could  do for her after all the misery he'd caused her over the years, was to inject her rather than wringing her neck. I will be sad when Burgi leaves. The man is the best actor they've got, and he seems like such a good guy IRL.  I hope they write Tracy with a touch of PTSD after this. She's the last person you'd expect to suffer from it, but that is what would make it interesting.

• Love 6

Just make Paul batshit crazy and ship him off to ferncliffe or shady pines or wherever Heather is. She's a stone cold killer and yet she's still around. dr. O is still on staff at GH despite trying to kill both Robin and Robert, and being complicit in holding Dewk for so many years.  If they can stick around, then so can Paul. Then in 3-6 months, the doctors will pronounce him cured and he can resume his life in PC.

• Love 8

how can you not root for Sonny? the man is a hero! Just ask him, he'll tell you! He's the mobster with z heart of gold! He loves his family and will do anything to protect them, including getting his son shot in the head and shooting his other son in the chest. I mean, who wouldn't love a man like that? ::eye roll::

Not that my expectations are set too high, but yesterday's beginning scene with Sonny ordering a hit on someone was HORRIBLE.   When is the last time Maurice took a vacation?  

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whatever they're doing to LW, though, they need to stop. I don't know if it's makeup alone or makeup and lighting, but she looks so orange.

This. Also, I actually like her hair cut, but it just seems so wrong for Carly. It's too soccer mom. But I guess that's basically what they've turned Carly into so it is fitting.

Sam really doesn't have the high ground when it comes to Julian choosing "the business." Her husband might not be active in it for the time being, but she still associates with Sonny, who's steeped in it.

+1. Sam's righteous indignation was too much to handle yesterday. But I was glad to see her do something other than smile at Jason as he talks about her being 'preggers.'

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Has Nelle finally gotten her scheming bitch on?

No. She's still as boring as ever.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Am I to understand that Bobbie and Lucas were both retconned out of Paul's explanation as to why he murdered all these people?  

Yea I don't recall him mentioning either of them. LOL. I mean obviously Lucas was just another 'wrong place at the wrong time' killing, but he went after Bobbie specifically. And considering Bobbie's history it'd be nice to know why Paul wanted revenge on her for Susan's rape.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see it as the same at all though.   Sam never made Jason choose between her and the mob.   And Jason has never lied to her about being out when he wasn't.  For Sam, it's not about Julian being in the mob I don't think.  If it was, hell yeah I'd be the first to call her a hypocrite.  It's about him LYING to Alexis about it.  Alexis isn't the same as Sam.  She'll never be "ok" with being married to the mob. 

• Love 11

+1. Sam's righteous indignation was too much to handle yesterday. But I was glad to see her do something other than smile at Jason as he talks about her being 'preggers.'

+2.  But that's this show and has been for twenty years.  Sonny and Jason are the "good" mobsters, so their wimmins are not being hypocritical at all by screeching about whatever new BIG BAD comes to town while nodding mindlessly at their wonderful men.  No, no, it's not the same thing.

Also, if there was a drinking game where I had to do a shot every time there was a scene of Ava coming over to see Avery and Carly sniping "she's sleeping!" I'd need a new liver. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I hope they kill off Morgan as a result of Sonny's act of vengeance on Julian.  The chickens would be coming home to roost.   Carly would never forgive herself or Sonny. Of course Sonny would place the blame on the Jeromes .  The two of them would destroy themselves and each other.  As Carly herself has said she and Sonny are toxic.   Imagine the havoc Carly could cause in Sonny's life and organization as she plots to bring him down. Morgan's mob related death would cause ripples across the canvas.  He is a Spencer by birth and marriage through Dante, his sister and cousin are Alexis's daughters, his baby sister is both a Jerome and Corinthos and Michael and Jason are Quartermaines. This has the makings of GREAT DRAMA that could be played out for years.

Which is exactly why they won't do it.  Honestly, I've never seen soap writers as averse to drama as these two headwriters.

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I wonder what Dr O is doing since they turned off the lights at General Hospital.

She did show up to Claudette's to hear the good news about the new grandchild!  And just accepted it, hook, line and sinker, which I thought really out of character.

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Just make Paul batshit crazy and ship him off to ferncliffe or shady pines or wherever Heather is. She's a stone cold killer and yet she's still around. dr. O is still on staff at GH despite trying to kill both Robin and Robert, and being complicit in holding Dewk for so many years.  If they can stick around, then so can Paul. Then in 3-6 months, the doctors will pronounce him cured and he can resume his life in PC.

I'm down for that.  If I have to live with Sonny, Jason and Franco on the canvas, going about their lives like they're not murderers, they can give me Paul.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. Also, I actually like her hair cut, but it just seems so wrong for Carly. It's too soccer mom. But I guess that's basically what they've turned Carly into so it is fitting.

I liked her new hair cut, too, but it got really distracting watching her contortions to keep it out of her face.  Her hair is too thick for that swoop over the forehead.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Not that my expectations are set too high, but yesterday's beginning scene with Sonny ordering a hit on someone was HORRIBLE. 

It was UCG. Sonny and his goon are talking in a public gym, the dialogue couldn't be more clichéd, and you know it's going to get botched somehow (Morgan). I don't know why Sonny even bothers anymore. He's terrible at delegating and doing things himself. 

For Sam, it's not about Julian being in the mob I don't think.  If it was, hell yeah I'd be the first to call her a hypocrite.  It's about him LYING to Alexis about it.

Now that I think about it, you're right, mybabyaidan. The problem was that Sam's speech should have been all about Julian lying to Alexis, not about him being back in the mob. He lied about a lot of major things.

Also, if there was a drinking game where I had to do a shot every time there was a scene of Ava coming over to see Avery and Carly sniping "she's sleeping!" I'd need a new liver.

Ava needs to start coming over earlier. Given that Carly this time said Avery's bedtime was 7:30, I'd like the next visit for Ava to pointedly say, "It's not 7:30 yet; let me see my daughter." Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

So, since the mags haven't announced Burgi's departure date yet(have they?), I am wondering if it may be a minute before we see the last of him. Like, at least sweeps. I say that because-and any lawyers/paralegals, help me out-I don't think they will be able to use the evidence in his room as it was mishandled and his room was searched before the warrant. The confession Tracy heard would not be admissable either, because it is hearsay, and doesn't there have to be a corroborating witness for that to be allowed? The only witness was a semi catatonic mental patient. There is Ava, but the cops don't know about her yet. Paul can be arrested for the kidnap and attempted murder of Tracy, but there won't be enough to pin the other killings on him and the hospital will remain closed until they can prove it. This will be the cause for Anna getting Robin to come in to see if she can help Susan, I think, so that Susan can testify.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The confession Tracy heard would not be admissable either, because it is hearsay,

Wasn't it a spontaneous utterance? 

As far as the search, Jordan was getting a warrant so that they could find any evidence legally. 

(Note: My JD is from L&O U.)

Real-life law never matters unless the plot demands it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Not that my expectations are set too high, but yesterday's beginning scene with Sonny ordering a hit on someone was HORRIBLE.   When is the last time Maurice took a vacation?  

Too long ago!

• Love 3