Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wow, Kiki admitted why it was a good idea to not be at Sabrina's funeral. I liked it, and her and Dillon. The rest was ffed as usual. 

I agree they need to speed up Nelle and her craziness or motivation for being in Carly's life. She is so freaking boring.

• Love 2

I watched today's show but can barely remember what happened. Every storyline sucked. Alexis is an alcoholic, Julian is manipulative, Nelle is wallpaper, zzzz...

They should bring back Britt and Brad to act as a sort of Greek chorus for the show. Those two snarking on the likes of Claudette and Franco would liven things up.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Misunderstood conversations are a soap staple. If one didn't (mis) understand what another was saying or trying to(not) say, there would be very little conflict or tension left.  Besides, Fluke was a year and a half ago.  Not to mention that it makes sense that she would think Paul did feel guilty. Plus...if she is thinking it's about Susan...assuming that is who Paul is "talking" to...she isn't wrong

I actually like it that she has mellowed over the years and doesn't automatically assume the worst of people. We have to remember, the characters don't hear and see what we hear and see. Thus far, pretty much nothing that has been in front of Tracy, has been something that would cause her to jump to the conclusion that Paul is a killer.  Yes, he "confessed", but  I think a lot of people in her situation would probably just assume he was blaming himself rather than confessing to a crime. I mean, how many times have we heard true life stories of criminals confessing to crimes and the police not taking it seriously? I think most of us don't want to believe that someone we know and at one point loved, could be capable of something so horrendous. So we make excuses for them, to avoid facing that reality.

Yet prior to this, she saw him try to get up the staircase to see Monica (yes, she didn't see the needle, I know), that same day she saw that he zoned out on the Q couch while staring at Sabrina's pictures, and then screamed "I can't!!!" in Tracy's face. That's weird. I feel Tracy would raise an eyebrow about stuff like that, especially in an ex-hubby, after dealing with Luke's personality changes.  The Luke stuff wasn't that long ago in Tracy's life, especially for someone who will bring up accurate details of Carly's history from 20 years ago to make a point. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:17 AM, dr. gailey said:

There are people that get long scenes. It is just the people we can't stand.

Nina got to spend a whole episode talking about a sex toy. Franco got to talk to a picture of a fucking dog on his cellphone.

Meanwhile every big beat of Sam talking to Jason about Danny has happened offscreen. He apparently learned about Danny's cancer and been tested as a bone marrow match.

Off screen GH is the greatest. Too bad we can't see it.

They should make it mandatory for the whole cast and TIIC to watch the whole show everyday to see the shit they are serving up and expect the audience to watch and support without criticism.

At least we didn't have to see BM try to care about Danny.  No, seriously, he actually did well in the initial scene where Helena gave him his memories back for a moment and then took it back via voodoo command for *reasons, Helena*.  I guess FV was like "No, no that's not Jason like.  We want robotic.  Be a robot.  Gah Billy!"  So, BM hates himself inside and this is him suppressing all human emotions.  I feel his pain. 

3 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Are we getting coma daughter to copy coma wife?

No.  No.  No.  We literally just got rid of Sabrina, some baby, and the second Carrrlos.  No.  Just no.  You hear me, no.  Repent! Repent! Repent!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I really like Nina when she's in magazine editor mode.

Same here. It's the one time she's written as capable and mature.

"My baby-naming days are over." Here's hoping, Julian.

If Alexis is so freaked out about Julian coming to the house, she needs to a) change the locks, b) get a restraining order against him, c) move somewhere else.

Okay, Jason has said he's not "that guy" anymore. So I guess he just lives off his ill-gotten gains, then? 

LOL that Sonny thinks Morgan might burn himself out. Morgan isn't that burdened. School was his decision.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I really like Nina when she's in magazine editor mode.  Yes, well...

I'll see myself out.

I can't say I really liked her, but I never wanted to stick sporks in my eyes watching her today, so that's something.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Was that an episode of television? I should be rewarded for getting through that.

lol, I thought this was an okay episode. I can't believe Kiki actually talked about drugging Michael, and that b) she acknowledged they only stopped because they got caught.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am deeply ashamed to admit this but I enjoyed the Nina/Julian scenes. I can't defend myself!

I knew it, peach! I knew it years ago when you confessed to liking Stacy Morasco and I know it today. YOU LIKE THINGS THAT ARE TERRIBLE.

I still love you, even if you did just kill part of my soul.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

SMH.

This is for you, as a peace offering:

DZ looks confused. Hot, but confused. He's been looking really good lately. I'd say it's a shame he's barely on, but given the stories on this show not really, and also not having to deal with shitty scripts is probably part of the reason he looks super hot lol.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

DZ looks confused. Hot, but confused. He's been looking really good lately. I'd say it's a shame he's barely on, but given the stories on this show not really, and also that's probably part of the reason he looks super hot lol.

I wish he could be hot off-screen.

Was that an episode of television? I should be rewarded for getting through that.

Sonny/Jason continue to be painful. No more, show. And did Jason just sit at Kelly's all day? Why am I asking this? Of course he did.

So the mob boss and his former number one hitman were talking mob business in the middle of Kelly's. Seriously? The PCPD are really, really dumb if this is the level of intelligence displayed by the high ranking Port Charles criminals.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, In2You said:

GH is worst than Passions in its final two years which included a serial murdering incestuous rapist hermaphrodite. 

Passions is an underrated American classic.

2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I knew it, peach! I knew it years ago when you confessed to liking Stacy Morasco and I know it today. YOU LIKE THINGS THAT ARE TERRIBLE.

PEACHMANGOSTEEN, you liked Stacy Morasco? Oh. You know that she was a worthless piece of subhuman trash with not a single redeeming quality, right?

Julian is getting too much screen time. I wish Nina had killed him.

Someone tell Alexis that she can just run Julian down in her car or push him off a balcony. 

I wish Dillon had walked passed Kiki without acknowledging her. 

A crane needs to fall on Nelly off screen. And the fact that she secretly made a memorial for someone she didn't know isn't weird at all. Nope.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Alexis is so freaked out about Julian coming to the house, she needs to a) change the locks, b) get a restraining order against him, c) move somewhere else.

It's like something broke inside Alexis's soul when Julian held that knife to her throat. She's like a terrified heroine in a Victorian novel. She can't think or protect herself. She has an air of desperation that is possibly a reason why she can't get any consulting work. (Diane will probably end up hiring Alexis herself.)

• Love 1

Okay, Jason has said he's not "that guy" anymore. So I guess he just lives off his ill-gotten gains, then? 

Not only is Jason apparently living off his blood money ill gotten gains, but apparently is supporting a wife and two kids on it now. For a long time Sam was lolling around in penthouse apartments living off Jason's money with Danny and apparently doing desultory half-competent PI work. So they could use those accounts or some of his offshore booty.

• Love 2

When Michael was home today chez Quartermaine after the funeral and the doorbell rang, I braced myself for a Ghost!Sabrina appearance to remind him that he isn't alone anymore.

Meanwhile, Nell is turning into a goodie two shoes, creating social media grieving pages on Facebook for a woman she didn't even know. I'm tempted to check it out on FB myself and leave a snarky comment in case the show has created a page and Ghost!Sabrina is haunting the internet.

41 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I would rather have ghost Sabrina showing up at the Q'a instead of Nelle and Sonny.

The best would have been ghost!Sabrina appearing in the Q mansion to haunt/scold Sonny about his Carlos hatred when Carly and Sonny showed up.  I'd laugh so hard at Sonny's scared face and freaked out stammering. Possibly funnier than when AJ haunted him.

• Love 5

Jason has a few options for jobs. The problem is the show doesn't seem to be in a rush to do anything with his character. His ass owns a damn company. He lets Michael run it. Since he is in mourning for Sobby, Jason could go run it. He doesn't need to actually know what he is doing cause you can't tell me Michael has enough sense to do it.

I got an even better one. How about he works at Sam and Spin's PI office. Lord knows they don't get to use it anymore. The only person that gets to go to work is Nina. Since they refuse to let us see Sam and Jason actually parent the kid they waited damn near a decade to get, I would rather see them at her office.

If these people didn't suck so much at history on this show I would think it was funny as hell if Jake, Danny and Baby Unborn actually got the money Alan left them in his will before Tracy and Luke stole it. Jake could have paid for his own summer camp. Then Franco could hit him up for a loan to take out his mom instead of begging Heather.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah. There is literally no possible way that Carly would ever befriend Nina

I can't wait for the scene where Nina runs into Carly and Avery at the Metro Court and coos "Oh my goodness, look how big she's gotten since I ripped her out of the womb and kidnapped her!"  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

LMAO! I do, indeed, like things that are terrible. I've accepted it. I'm not that bad though! I don't like Franco at least!

9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

PEACHMANGOSTEEN, you liked Stacy Morasco? Oh. You know that she was a worthless piece of subhuman trash with not a single redeeming quality, right?

Listen, to defend my Stacy like somewhat, at that particular time I was just being very Pollyanna about OLTL because I loved Kish so much.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Sabrina has been dead for a few days now so it's officially time for Michael to get over it. He only dated her for like a month. And she tried to pass that baby off as his. And she failed to kill Avery and Ava. Just fail all around. Time to forget about her and move on.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I can't wait for the scene where Nina runs into Carly and Avery at the Metro Court and coos "Oh my goodness, look how big she's gotten since I ripped her out of the womb and kidnapped her!"  

I'd stop kvetching about the show for a day, at least, if Nina said this.

The reason Nina and Carly can be friends is they have a common enemy: Ava. It's all very Sun Tzu. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, In2You said:

GH is worst than Passions in its final two years which included a serial murdering incestuous rapist hermaphrodite. 

No arguments from me.  The bits I've watched, kinda does feel like they really are tying some ends up. I hope so, TBH. I'd rather GH ended with at least a modicum of dignity, but if it continues on much longer, it won't. Or rather, by the end, no one will care, and that's worse.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Sabrina has been dead for a few days now so it's officially time for Michael to get over it. He only dated her for like a month. And she tried to pass that baby off as his. And she failed to kill Avery and Ava. Just fail all around. Time to forget about her and move on.

i wouldn't be surprised if michael is with nelle on xmas and forget about sabrina. i mean he forgot about abby real quick. kiki too.  

2 minutes ago, smoothoperator said:

i wouldn't be surprised if michael is with nelle on xmas and forget about sabrina. i mean he forgot about abby real quick. kiki too.  

I don't disagree with you in general, but I remember a decent amount of mourning for Abby. As for Kiki, he was never that into her, and then she lied about knowing Sonny killed AJ. To a certain extent I can see how Morgan, Carly, and Sonny lied, but Kiki barely knew them, her loyalty should have been to Michael.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yet prior to this, she saw him try to get up the staircase to see Monica (yes, she didn't see the needle, I know), that same day she saw that he zoned out on the Q couch while staring at Sabrina's pictures, and then screamed "I can't!!!" in Tracy's face. That's weird. I feel Tracy would raise an eyebrow about stuff like that, especially in an ex-hubby, after dealing with Luke's personality changes.  The Luke stuff wasn't that long ago in Tracy's life, especially for someone who will bring up accurate details of Carly's history from 20 years ago to make a point. 

True, she SHOULD be giving him the side eye. But Alexis shouldn't have been shocked that Julian is a killer, and Sam should realize she's the biggest hypocrite in town when it comes to men, Lulu shouldn't have begged Dante for anything, Liz shouldn't be giving Franco the time of day, Hayden should have went straight to the police about Nikolas, etc.

Tracy is just written as every other woman is written: ignorant. She's no dumber or brighter than any of the rest, when it comes to men. Which is sad in and of itself, because normally, Tracy is sharp-but she's *always* given men far more berth and allowances than they ever deserved. It comes from having a horrible person for a father, I guess. Edward Q, OG version, anyway. But I will repeat again that it's easy to forget that we've seen Paul doing all these things that Tracy has not. It's actually not that odd, to assume Paul just feels guilty over Sabrina's death because he didn't catch the killer. Tracy knows Paul's a manho, but she also knows the Paul who took a knife to the chest in a fight with Cesar Faison, who wanted Paul to kill Tracy. She knows the Paul who went to extraordinary lengths to save his daughter (hello). She doesn't know Paul as a killer, and she doesn't have any real reason to suspect he is one. Probably because the character direction  makes no sense.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't disagree with you in general, but I remember a decent amount of mourning for Abby. As for Kiki, he was never that into her, and then she lied about knowing Sonny killed AJ. To a certain extent I can see how Morgan, Carly, and Sonny lied, but Kiki barely knew them, her loyalty should have been to Michael.

Kiki and Michael started lusting after each other or whatever the fuck that was while she was still with his brother. He really shouldn't have expected loyalty from her. And anyone who chooses to go by the name "Kiki" when it's not their real name is automatically suspect.

• Love 6

anyone who chooses to go by the name "Kiki" when it's not their real name is automatically suspect.

Quoted for TRUTH.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The reason Nina and Carly can be friends is they have a common enemy: Ava. It's all very Sun Tzu. 

Carly's more the "enemy of my enemy is my enemy" type.

She's also the "I'll burn this house down and kill us all" type. I kinda miss Carly

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Kiki and Michael started lusting after each other or whatever the fuck that was while she was still with his brother. He really shouldn't have expected loyalty from her. And anyone who chooses to go by the name "Kiki" when it's not their real name is automatically suspect.

Hey, all the more reason for him to have dumped her and not talked to her since then.

• Love 2

Bravo for Jane Elliot's non-verbal acting!! Her eyes/the look on her face in that last moment (overhearing) - perfection.  Yay Tracy.

Did I miss something, about Monica re: "Susie"? He thinks Monica had something to do with it? He supposedly loves his son Dillon as well, and killing Monica would hurt both Dillon (her nephew) and hurt Dillon again via Tracy's pain if Monica died.  Yet another oversight, that he has not verbally justified why hurting Dillon in that way to avenge Susan is okay. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Drunk Alexis is such a letdown.

Hayden asking for handouts.. am I supposed to feel sorry for her entitled butt? Go get a job! Support yourself, crazy loon. If no one in finance will hire you then explore other opportunities.

Why would Franco even need to cover Liz's medical expenses? In the event of the hospital shut down wouldn't Liz go to a different hospital? Or have her medical insurance cover the expense? How on earth is GH not covering her costs, shouldn't the board be terrified of her suing them? I'm sure the fact that she got pushed down the stairs in the hospital would have a personal injury lawyer seeing dollar signs, cue Scotty (Franco's father) looking for some easy money.  The more I think about this story the more pissed off I get at the missed opportunities.

Morgan continues to be incredibly stupid.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Bravo for Jane Elliot's non-verbal acting!! Her eyes/the look on her face in that last moment (overhearing) - perfection.  Yay Tracy.

Agreed.

I guess they're just giving this to Paul so RB has some layers to play before they shuffle Paul out. I hope.

I'm starting to remember why I hated Greenlee so much. Budig doesn't project much vulnerability imo. Maybe Hayden could have at least tried to ask nicely before she just said brusquely "gimme my money." 

If Kiki wanted to try to help out Morgan she should have suggested to him to go find a private place to write his paper instead of outside a diner and instead of interrupting him every 5 minutes.

Previews: Does Griffin ever not look like he's about to burst into tears?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Drunk Alexis is such a letdown.

Hayden asking for handouts.. am I supposed to feel sorry for her entitled butt? Go get a job! Support yourself, crazy loon. If no one in finance will hire you then explore other opportunities.

Why would Franco even need to cover Liz's medical expenses? In the event of the hospital shut down wouldn't Liz go to a different hospital? Or have her medical insurance cover the expense? How on earth is GH not covering her costs, shouldn't the board be terrified of her suing them? I'm sure the fact that she got pushed down the stairs in the hospital would have a personal injury lawyer seeing dollar signs, cue Scotty (Franco's father) looking for some easy money.  The more I think about this story the more pissed off I get at the missed opportunities.

Morgan continues to be incredibly stupid.

Is it this show's belief that Liz has some kind of personal religious conviction that medical insurance is evil?  And that's why she and Lucky, the cop, couldn't handle medical bills when he got injured on the job?  And now she, a nurse, can't handle the medical bills incurred from when she was injured in the hospital?   And, yes, if Liz really did need money to pay her medical bills, the "Franco goes to one of his parents" story line to help her would make far more sense if he was going to Scott to represent her and make sure the hospital pays her bills since she was injured there.  

I didn't catch the second half of the show - do we know, yet, what Susan's situation is, beyond her apparently being a fleshed out wig on a stick?  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'd rather GH ended with at least a modicum of dignity ...

Too late!

The phone call between Liz and Franco was truly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed. I mean maybe a scene like that could work, but not with fucking Liz and Franco. It both offended me and had me howling with laughter.

The less said about the Liz/Hayden scenes the better. Neither of them came off well there. I loved Liz's outfit though.

Tracy's face after she heard Paul talking to 'Suzie Q' was perfection. I'm afraid it'll come back and she didn't really hear everything or something though. I like how they explained why Paul killed Sloane and Mays and then just had him tack on the other names without giving any explanation as to how they were involved. LOL. This story is so stupid. RiBu is killing it though.

Kiki looked like such an idiot with those sunglasses on. Also lol to Dillon explaining that webiste to Morgan. Those scenes were hilarious.

• Love 13

I'm starting to remember why I hated Greenlee so much. Budig doesn't project much vulnerability imo. Maybe Hayden could have at least tried to ask nicely before she just said brusquely "gimme my money." 

This, and the giving Paul layers now that they seem to be shuffling him out-that's been a major issue with the writing for a while now. One note shrieking harpies like Haychel, idiotic women (oh come on, that's ALL of them), plot points that go nowhere and that no one cares about; newbies no one cares about. Just another reason we need JVP to narrate as Ghost Carlos. I have no doubt him rolling his R's will be the highlight of every episode. 

So Susan is catatonic? Called it ! I'm just surprised Paul didn't go to a graveyard for the visit-I would have laid bets yesterday she was already dead, and he'd been talking to empty air all this time, which he sort of was. It would have made the reveal better, IMO-and strengthened any insanity plea-if he went around killing people trying to bring his daughter "back". I hate that Richard Burgi is probably exiting the show. The level of class in the acting department is gonna take a serious hit. If JE leaves as well, forgeddaboutit.

6 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that she was raped by Sloan and her rape kit was badly done by Dr. Mays but why Paul tried to kill both Bobbie and Monica because reasons?

LMAO I totally forgot about him trying to kill Bobbie. I don't think he even mentioned her today. I can't. How are these people being paid to write this show?

• Love 6

I can actually see the connection with Bobbie and Monica-they may have been on staff the night Susan was brought in. All offscreen, of course. If Paul had issues with how Susan's rape kit was processed, he'd take his anger out on Monica for keeping Mays on staff. Maybe the issue was brought up and Paul will say Monica and Bobbie defended Mays. Maybe the dead peeps were on the jury if there was a trial, but I doubt there was one. Paul is obviously Coo Coo for Coco Puffs now-his motives aren't necessarily gonna make sense. Lucky for the writers that they don't have to try, unlike all the other stories where they work hard to give it their all.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I can actually see the connection with Bobbie and Monica-they may have been on staff the night Susan was brought in. All offscreen, of course.

Yea that's the thing, I can easily fanwank reasons, but I shouldn't have to write the whole fucking story on my own! The writers should be doing some work!

• Love 12

Heh. See, I envision the writers as being Jordan personified IRL. Like, too busy making dinner dates and looking fabulous and hob nobbing with whoever it is they hob nob with, to bother breaking a sweat giving us a story that didn't mostly take place offscreen.  I suppose it could be worse, though I am at a loss right now as to how.

• Love 4

Did Susan's attack happen in PC?  If it did wouldn't people in the hospital recognize her? And then what was she doing in PC when she lived in Bar Harbor, Maine? Wasn't Bobbie living in Seattle for the time period? None of this makes a bit of sense.

Does anyone know what happened to Jenny Eckert?

• Love 4