Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was going to complain about Michael's lackluster reaction to Sabrina's death, but then I realized it was completely fitting. Their "love story" was half-assed at best. Sabrina showed more warmth and connection with Tracy than she ever did with Michael. I can only hope that Sabrina's baby won't be caught in a custody battle bedtween Michael/Tracy and uncle NotCarlos. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, In2You said:

I thought Diego killed Emily

He did.

ETA: I see others say Papa Z killed Emily and there were flashbacks, but I don't recall that at all! Hmm. Either way, she died near Halloween while Jason told Monica around Thanksgiving. That, I remember!  (Stupid.)

Lulu is a full-on crazy person.  Brushing aside KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s extremely sensible advice and not giving Dante any room to make his own feelings known?  She's a monster.

Love Tracy and Monica.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu is a full-on crazy person.  Brushing aside KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s extremely sensible advice and not giving Dante any room to make his own feelings known?  She's a monster.

Dante deserves it, tbh.

• Love 6

Today's episode was great, I didn't have to watch Franco, Nina, Hayden or Finn. This put me in such a good mood.

Kevin pointing out that the embryo has the potential to become a mini Stavros doesn't seem to be enough to get through to Lulu. She is nuts.

Detective Dante went to work!

Tracy and Jason with Monica, loved it.

Sabrina's death destroying Michael is going to be good, especially if he lashes out at Carly. I just don't want to watch Dr Joe grieve her, here's hoping he takes Teddy and leaves PC.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Tracy and Monica totally rock as co-matriarchs to the Quartermaine family.  They deserve a very large immediate and extended family to love, care for, fight, scheme and to share pizza with every Thanksgiving.  

Very appropriate comment, esp. after JE's acting today. I was moved by Tracy's quiet fear and sadness, in telling (unconscious) Monica she can't do it alone. I liked the Jason-Tracy conversation, and thought it was interesting to see BM's Jason act like a son who values his mother. Such a contrast to how SBu was in scenes with LC in the past. It was nice to see Sam in court supporting her mother, while Jason was at his mother's bedside.

BM's Jason really seems more like Michael's big brother than uncle. The affection between them was sweet/cute.

Nice to see Kevin attempting to get Lulu to really think about what she's doing, from a kind family friend/shrink perspective instead of in a hospital office.

Seems like Chad D. did his best with the emotions, but the writing just hasn't been there to support it. The vow to love her always made me roll my eyes. Also, am I the only one who thinks it's gross he put a diamond ring on the finger of her corpse?!  There are no words...

Aside from thinking, "Shut up, Sonny", I'm not even going to bother commenting on the court room stuff.

• Love 10

Oh for fuck's sake, now suddenly Jason cares about Monica and will suddenly be dropped into the Hospital Killer storyline just in time to solve it and be the hero, yes?

And of course Kristina and jr criminal lawyer Molly are not at the trial, how convenient that it's just Sam. Gee, I wonder who's going to take on a larger, heroic role in the Julian/Alexis trial story?  Which will tie nicely into the Hospital Killer storyline that Jason has just been shoehorned into?

I hate it when characters who were minor supporting characters AT BEST, are thrust to the forefront just when a storyline kicks into the next gear so said character can play hero and get all the juicy bits to themselves.

I SEE YOU SHOW, I SEE YOUR BULLSHIT.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Dante deserves it, tbh.

Dante sucks, but he should be allowed to voice an opinion here as to whether he's on board to raise this baby when she keeps on insisting that all that matters is that it's HERS.

I don't even get her argument.  DNA matters because this embryo (drink!) is a piece of her, but DNA also doesn't matter because the baby will likely not be evil because Nikolas (!?!?).

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dante sucks, but he should be allowed to voice an opinion here as to whether he's on board to raise this baby when she keeps on insisting that all that matters is that it's HERS.

I don't even get her argument.  DNA matters because this embryo (drink!) is a piece of her, but DNA also doesn't matter because the baby will likely not be evil because Nikolas (!?!?).

It's all stupid. Lulu fought tooth and nail not to be impregnated by him but now she's cool with it? I know it's her only chance to have a bio baby and that can change things but it's Stavros. I have a hard time holding it against her because I just don't buy it, and it's not like I have a problem buying Lulu can be selfish and/or do bad things. I bought her going beserk and hiring Johnny to get rid of Valerie. And she's been hugely selfish a lot of the time. But selfish for the sake of wanting Stavros' baby? This just makes no sense.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

And she mentions Nikolas, but doesn't make the connection that'd she be giving birth to her half-brother's half-brother?  WHAAA?

That would interfere with the plot point.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

When it was announced that a "beloved character would die", there was a spirited discussion within Haus Nutmeg about the definition of "beloved character", or rather, what the fans consider a beloved character, as opposed to what the PFMs and TIIC would consider beloved.

That was Georgie, as Diego was the Text Message Killer

Diego killed both Georgie and Emily. Georgie for showing up instead of Maxie and Emily because Sonny ordered the hit on Alcazar and Jason carried it out.

35 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I see others say Papa Z killed Emily and there were flashbacks

"Others" = just me, and I was wrong. Sorry to derail everything.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu fought tooth and nail not to be impregnated by him but now she's cool with it?

That's the most idiotic thing about this story. Why does the embryo make it different? It's still half Stavros. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Vella said:

Oh for fuck's sake, now suddenly Jason cares about Monica

Well, he needs to make sure his babysitter is still alive.

But, really, Jason already had this revelation about Monica. I don't know why they're acting like he just NOW gets her or loves her or whatever. He started to really understand her as a parent back in '98 when he started taking care of Michael. 

I can't take Michael/Sabrina seriously. But I think the writers just watched Frankie/Cass with the whole body scene and Michael talking about "I thought we had forever." Stop it, show.

Someone get Lulu off my screen.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And she mentions Nikolas, but doesn't make the connection that'd she be giving birth to her half-brother's half-brother?  WHAAA?

This kills me. How can she possibly want this pseudo-incest science!rape baby. No actual human behaves this way.

Also, she has a child already! A biological child, even!

ETA: We can only hope, heh.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I assume fuckin' Felix is just gonna keel over and kick the bucket, given Sabrina was the only thing that gave his life and purpose or meaning? #eyeroll

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is anyone ever going to tell Lulu that she and Dante can try adopting? Or hire a surrogate and use a donor egg? She acts like she can't love a child if he/she isn't biologically related to her.

Isn't that what she said? "A part of me is out there." That's all she cares about.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I didn't think it was possible for them to get worse. And then they did.

Never underestimate the ability of GH to get worse.

18 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is anyone ever going to tell Lulu that she and Dante can try adopting?

Once upon a time, Lulu torpedoed their chances for adoption by lying on the application. (I think that's what did it.) I don't know if there's a statute of limitations on something like this. I think Lulu did mention the early mistake again, but of course she's too obsessed with the stupid embryo to think about other options.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity is nice
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But, really, Jason already had this revelation about Monica. I don't know why they're acting like he just NOW gets her or loves her or whatever. He started to really understand her as a parent back in '98 when he started taking care of Michael. 

He's in a reflective mood; I think what's new is him saying he was wrong to have pushed her way/not appreciated her. He talked about how important she is to his kids - emphasis on her role as grandmother to the boys and 'another on the way.' Jason thinking of her in that context seems new as well.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Isn't that what she said? "A part of me is out there." That's all she cares about.

It would make sense though if she wanted to make sure no one turned the embryo into a kid, but that's not the angle they're going with.

I'm cool with Lulu shaming Dante. I would be into this if this were all an elaborate scheme of pay back lol.

Anyway, today's show: nice to see Dante do some actual police work again.

Tracy is really this show's rock. If JE leaves, it's gonna be a hole for sure.

Are we supposed to be overlooking that Ava is letting Paul run around serial killing? I'm confused here.

WdV is ungood. His face had no change of expression at any point today. I know he's supposed to be stoic, but that last look at her, nothing altered. Is he concerned? Scared? What? It's a soap, show a little emotion!

6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Right. And both Billy and Chad were SO underwhelming today. Like watching really cheap paint dry.

Do they have Chad locked into a 15 year contract? What's the story there? 

35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I assume fuckin' Felix is just gonna keel over and kick the bucket, given Sabrina was the only thing that gave his on-screen life purpose or meaning? #eyeroll

Yeah, I would have expected more freaking out from Felix. This is your girl Bree man! Doesn't she warrant more than the "my hamster died" face?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Love Tracy and Monica.

We've had hints of Lulu's impulsive, unthinking self-absorption for over a year now - smaller hints at first but building to this "full-on crazy person" mess.  Starting with her bad choice to run off after Luke, Laura and Lucky ... moving through her devastatingly bad scheme with Johnny ... to peaking with this selfish, unthinking failure to hear Dante and to consider very real possible consequences in this DNA-baby obsession - Lulu has gone beyond the pale. 

59 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Dante deserves it, tbh.

Really!  One sin can't preclude Dante from having the right to make his feelings known - and from the right, even the responsibility, to point out potential pitfalls to Lulu. If that is the case - if there can be no real communcition - then what were the supposed relationship-building exercises all about?   If no real healing of the relationship was done - if real communication is still not part of this relationship - then maybe it's time to end Lante!  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He's in a reflective mood; I think what's new is him saying he was wrong to have pushed her way/not appreciated her. He talked about how important she is to his kids - emphasis on her role as grandmother to the boys and 'another on the way.' Jason thinking of her in that context seems new as well.

I think thinking about Monica in terms of her relationship with his kids is new, yes. 

Jason has had many, many scenes over the years where he expressed regret about pushing the Q's away and how they needed him.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason has had many, many scenes over the years where he expressed regret about pushing the Q's away and how they needed him.

It's too bad we never saw more evidence of this than those particular scenes. It was terrible followthrough, as usual. And it would have helped if they hadn't continued to write Monica as pathetically grateful for the crumbs Jason threw her way.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

We've had hints of Lulu's impulsive, unthinking self-absorption for over a year now - smaller hints at first but building to this "full-on crazy person" mess.  Starting with her bad choice to run off after Luke, Laura and Lucky ... moving through her devastatingly bad scheme with Johnny ... to peaking with this selfish, unthinking failure to hear Dante and to consider very real possible consequences in this DNA-baby obsession - Lulu has gone beyond the pale. 

Really!  One sin can't preclude Dante from having the right to make his feelings known - and from the right, even the responsibility, to point out potential pitfalls to Lulu. If that is the case - if there can be no real communcition - then what were the supposed relationship-building exercises all about?   If no real healing of the relationship was done - if real communication is still not part of this relationship - then maybe it's time to end Lante!  

And what "one sin" are you referring to? The one where he cheated? The one where he kept hanging out with another woman when he said he still loved his wife and wanted to be with her? And then slept with her again? Was rude to his mom because said mom pointed out he was acting like a jackass? For dating another woman while he was still married, and basically telling that woman he was just sleeping around with her while he waited for his wife to make up his mind? Acting like a cold-hearted jackass? 

Also, I was being facetious, partly. Of course Lulu is acting like an idiot. But I just can't think of Dante as the poor put-upon husband after the way he acted and then did absolutely nothing to prove he was sorry.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think thinking about Monica in terms of her relationship with his kids is new, yes. 

Expressed regret, yes. Matched actions to words, not so much. If that's changing, well, I shouldn't complain, but Jason as a character is so tainted for me that I just don't care.

• Love 4
Just now, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad we never saw more evidence of this than those particular scenes. It was terrible followthrough, as usual. And it would have helped if they hadn't continued to write Monica as pathetically grateful for the crumbs Jason threw her way.

And you're not going to see follow-through now. She will continue to be an off-screen nanny. This is classic Jason. This is why it ain't new. He's expressed this before. Someone has to be on their deathbed or dying or dead to get an apology or a revelation from him. Lila, Alan, AJ, Michael, now Monica. 

2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Expressed regret, yes. Matched actions to words, not so much. If that's changing, well, I shouldn't complain, but Jason as a character is so tainted for me that I just don't care.

I'm not talking about actions.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Others" = just me, and I was wrong. Sorry to derail everything.

No big deal. I thought it was more than one, and even if it was, we all make mistakes. This show doesn't give two shits about details. Why should we remember?  :-)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

She will continue to be an off-screen nanny.

Mostly because they really don't seem to want to write for LC in any significant way. I'm surprised we're seeing as much of her as we are, even in a story set at GH.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not talking about actions.

I know. I was just explaining why Jason's appreciation of Monica rings so hollow to me. I'm pretty sure we're actually agreeing here. :)

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Mostly because they really don't seem to want to write for LC in any significant way. I'm surprised we're seeing as much of her as we are, even in a story set at GH.

I'm fine with that. Unless they cooked up something really special I don't think Monica should be in a major story.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So they can get other crap stories? (which they won't actually get. They'll still get two minutes of airtime a week, no matter who they're with). It's time to ship everyone off the show. This is the end of the line.

And what "one sin" are you referring to? The one where he cheated? The one where he kept hanging out with another woman when he said he still loved his wife and wanted to be with her? And then slept with her again? Was rude to his mom because said mom pointed out he was acting like a jackass? For dating another woman while he was still married, and basically telling that woman he was just sleeping around with her while he waited for his wife to make up his mind? Acting like a cold-hearted jackass? 

Also, I was being facetious, partly. Of course Lulu is acting like an idiot. But I just can't think of Dante as the poor put-upon husband after the way he acted and then did absolutely nothing to prove he was sorry.

And, if they can't get better story - then write them off the show as some expected with that blind item in the spring. 

Re "one" sin - these other variables of which you speak are all pieces of the same overall sin for me, so I won't get into quibbling over semantics.

But I will refocus the conversation on the issue that has been key to the Lante relatonship for a long time  - and the issue that was the basis of setting the cheating story on its way last year - and the issue they (Lulu including) claimed to have resolved - COMMUNICATION!  Today showed that no real progress was made. 

• Love 2

I'm fine with that. Unless they cooked up something really special I don't think Monica should be in a major story.

Same here, but it's annoying to hear Jason bleat about the Qs and then we never see him with any of them. Or hear about offscreen dinners or whatever.

Edited by dubbel zout
added quote for context
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I know. I was just explaining why Jason's appreciation of Monica rings so hollow to me. I'm pretty sure we're actually agreeing here. :)

We are. Jason, for years and years now, has been all lip service. Except that time he told Robin "I'm not sure you were ever wrong." Yessir.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here, but it's annoying to hear Jason bleat about the Qs and then we never see him with any of them. Or hear about offscreen dinners or whatever.

He lets them babysit/room-and-board 'my son, my son'--they should feel privileged.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Re "one" sin - these other variables of which you speak are all pieces of the same overall sin for me, so I won't get into quibbling over semantics.

Add it all up, and it's a pretty major sin! 

But I will refocus the conversation on the issue that has been key to the Lante relatonship for a long time  - and the issue that was the basis of setting the cheating story on its way last year - and the issue they (Lulu including) claimed to have resolved - COMMUNICATION!  Today showed that no real progress was made.

Of course no real progress was made, because the story has been written on the fly with very little attention paid to it. The writers don't care about characters' personalities at all.

• Love 6

Maybe Lulu is descending into the same illness Laura had - the one that turned her into a rocking chair with a wig.

This embryo SL could have been so much better.  Even if the embryo had already turned into a child, it could be interesting.  But not this.  And how hard is it for Dante to say the following:

Lulu, if Stavros had been able to implant that embryo, I would have supported your decision to keep the baby, and even promised to raise the child as my own - loved and wanted.  But you are deliberately attempting to create a child between you and Stavros, and not only is it unfair to me, it's selfish.  You saw what the Cassadine legacy did to your brother, etc........

OR:  Lulu if you are so determined to carry a child with a biological link to one of us, let's use a donor egg and my sperm, and implant it in your uterus.  That way, you won't have a lifetime living reminder of your mother's rapist, as well as your own virtual rape, you won't be giving birth to your brother's sibling, and you won't be propagating Cassadine genes.

Two things that could mitigate this slightly:  If Lulu were a conservative Christian, and she said she couldn't destroy the life (although extremely religious people use In vitro, and even destroy the unused embryos).  Sure she had a previous abortion, but she wouldn't be the first one to go on and change her abortion stance.  And if Lulu could point out the cesspool of genes already existing in their family line - Spencer and Corinthos, and how she would like to think this lineage cannot corrupt Rocco.  Which still leaves her selfishly only thinking of herself.  It just doesn't ring true to the character, or any character for that matter.  It would make more sense to me that an opportunist gets herself implanted with said embryo, then makes a move in an attempt to take over the Cassadine empire with Stavros's heir.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Two things that could mitigate this slightly:  If Lulu were a conservative Christian, and she said she couldn't destroy the life (although extremely religious people use In vitro, and even destroy the unused embryos).  Sure she had a previous abortion, but she wouldn't be the first one to go on and change her abortion stance. 

Lulu as a conservative Christian would make no sense. So get ready for spoilers that say Lulu is bringing a basket to the church picnic next week!

Why not simply make Rocco sick? And they have to find a half-sibling from Lulu because only maternal DNA can I don't know blah blah fake science stuff.

I would like it if someone simply pointed out to Lulu that pregnancy isn't always this amazing, transformative experience. Sometimes it's months of unpleasant discomfort before a baby is born.

Actually, they should read Lulu this exert from a 13th century tract about pregnancy lol:

"a swelling in your womb which bulges you out like a water skin, discomfort in your bowels and stitches in your side . . . the dragging weight of your two breasts, and the streams of milk that run from them."

Whole lot of bowel discomfort, Lulu.

But really, we're sick of this shit - can you imagine how Emme Rylan feels? At least DZ gets to do the cop stuff once in a while.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Vella said:

Oh for fuck's sake, now suddenly Jason cares about Monica and will suddenly be dropped into the Hospital Killer storyline just in time to solve it and be the hero, yes?

That was my first thought, too. Hate it.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I would have expected more freaking out from Felix. This is your girl Bree man! Doesn't she warrant more than the "my hamster died" face?

Really. CD was pretty underwhelming, too. This whole thing is so stupid I can't.

• Love 2