Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

If Baby Edward is TeCa's RL baby, she makes some goregous babies. I wouldn't mind if he stayed on for a bit.  He's the cutest. Maybe the bracelet is just something the actual  baby likes so they keep it on him.  Storyline wise he is Carrrlos's kid.   I can see Carlos's son liking a good accessory.  Or maybe Tracy just dressed him up.  I've been pretending it's Hermes and she made Eduardo stylish.  She gave him some baby swag, if you will.  Sigh.   An awesome story we will never see is Carlos and Tracy raising that baby.  Because JVP and JE would be gold. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The other moment that bugged me was when Robin greeted Jason and Sam. I was hoping for Sam to take a moment to really, genuinely thank Robin for saving Jason's life, and sacrificing so much time with Emma as a result (mentioning Patrick would be awkward).  We know (from Helena's deathbed scene) that Sam *knows* Robin was responsible for bringing Jason back to life. Instead, Robin barely gets out that she and Emma showed up to surprise Anna, and Sam goes running off to say hi to Emma like she's a miniature girlfriend who's been out of town instead of the kid who almost became her stepdaughter because Robin was a prisoner for saving Sam's husband's life.  I mean seriously, Robin had the grace (when she returned) to thank Sam for being so great to Emma. Have some class, Sam!

Maybe Sam has some jealousy/discomfort over Jason and Robin's history-connection? I don't know what else to think.

That scene was so odd. I said (to no one else in the room), "What, no hugs?" Robin was doling out hugs to everyone else, and I think Sam did some hugging too....but they just tossed some stiff hellos to each other at two arms' lengths. Injection of reality: Maybe word got around about Sam's bitchy treatment of the red carpet reporter, and the partygoers gossiped about Sam being in "one of her moods tonight" and decided to keep a safe distance. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I didn't find Sam's reply to the reporter "bitchy" at all.

What did  she say?  Something about being married?  I was like "Who cares about JaSam being married?  Ask about her dress, you terrible reporter."   They were on the red carpet and no one said anything about the clothes.  Lame.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

What did  she say?  Something about being married?  I was like "Who cares about JaSam being married?  Ask about her dress, you terrible reporter."   They were on the red carpet and no one said anything about the clothes.  Lame.  

I thought at last year's Oscars or something, they said they're not allowed to ask that anymore because it's sexist? Or some stupid thing like that. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-red-carpet-2015-battle-775698

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Sam said she was happy to be there with Jason and something about the NB being important to both of them.

• Love 2

I don't think there was anything wrong with the way Sam and Robin said hello, tbh. They actually looked really smiley and happy to see each other. Then Sam had to leave bc the writers obviously wanted Jason and Robin to have that moment together about his memories. The focus of that scene was NOT Sam leaving because of some thoughts or feelings about JnR or anything else. She left because the scene wasn't about her and they needed a reason for her to go off to the side.

Would it have been nice to let Sam acknowledge to Robin that she's grateful she saved Jason? Yes. I wanted that back in December. It could have happened in the same moment Robin thanked her. But you can add this to my miles-long list of this show's failures.

• Love 11

Is that baby TeCa's? He's so pretty with those dark eyes and hair and sweet shy smile. He's a calm one too. Just an angel. No wonder Tracy can't bear to give him up. Carlos would have been bursting all the buttons off his shirt with pride.

• Love 5

Why did they make Bobbie rap. Why God

And who gives a fuck about this new Nurse Amy, why are they making her a showcase performer when she's been around about 90 seconds

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Why did they make Bobbie rap. Why God

And who gives a fuck about this new Nurse Amy, why are they making her a showcase performer when she's been around about 90 seconds

I think the actress was on Broadway,  so that's probably why.  Her entire "story"  has been gossip, flirting with the male staff, and wanting to be featured in the Nurses Ball.  I literally can't say Nurse's Ball without saying "Nurses!  Welcome to the Nurse's Ball!"  I hate my brain sometimes.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I know, I know, I'm days behind but this is the worst Magic Milo number of all. Milo's dead eyes? Showing how many handstands Vanilla can do? A martial arts demonstration with nunchucks?! I literally screamed 'what!' at the TV when Curtis pulled that shit out then, like, bowed to his invisible sensei. And then they didn't even have Chad!

I will reluctantly say I thought Jake's number was sweet and the little kid they got is kind of winning in the role. It still feels right to me for Jake to be alive and there. But they need to give him darker material digging into what happened to him as opposed to just being the cute little boy, and I dunno if he can handle it any better than James Nigbor. The really big problem both with that idea and this musical number, naturally, was Franco, who had no business being there/on Earth despite Howarth's chemistry with the children as usual. Also, I don't know whose fucking cousin or nephew wrote that random song or who that dude was with the acoustic guitar. I mean, it worked, but it always cracks me up when cheap-ass Frank breaks out these random soft alt-rock songs for montages from the GH music bank, usually by unsigned nobody artists, and then goes so far as to have people sing them during his musical events on his soaps so he can save his pennies on buying another track. They're always presented like, 'of course you've heard this random song from this Goo-Goo Dolls ripoff before, what are you talking about? Enjoy Jake Webber singing Alt-Rock Song Brand X!"

Oh, and the thing about the whole opening rap - I mean, I thought the lyrics were mostly sweet if goofy because the focus for most of these NB numbers since their return has been to nod and honor GH's long history. So bringing up Audrey, Steve, Tania, etc. was sweet, I felt. The problem was giving all that material to randos like fuckin' Amy Mark II, then making everyone rap it in one of the most mortifying displays in Nurses Ball history. More and more Frank seems to be trying to turn the Ball into his idea of edgy - sexy club music, people writhing around in strobes - and more and more it comes off like a middle-aged gay man's idea of high-end production on a K-Mart budget. It's embarrassing watching a lot of the soap stars try to fit into that mold, especially given Frank's questionable taste and nil finances.

More dated commentary as it happens!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
(edited)

Oh God! And I forgot to mention them stomping around and clapping like dinosaurs! What was that?!

Look, I have a lot of fondness for the Nurses Ball in all its cheesy-ass glory and I always will, I am so glad it's back and I do enjoy it on some level every year despite the horrors we endure. But my enjoyment of the often-painful numbers hinges upon the actual story content of the existing overall show before and during the Ball. When GH is showcasing Franco, etc. daily I have a lot less goodwill for the really bad parts.

At least Ava and Carly taking off their earrings and heels was the most in-character Carly's been in at least a year or two. I will never forget the epic throwdown Jennifer Bransford's Carly and Sam put each other through, and Maryland girl Laura Wright has that side to her too, they just don't use it enough.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
On May 26, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Badsamaritan said:

Does the show even realize, in their effort to prop Freako, that leaving Clark and Andy in the basement with a mummified Grams is NOT a good look for Liez?

Thank you for this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

She needs to be sprayed with bug repellent until she dies. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

They did the same with Sabrina, though at least she'd been on the show for more than two episodes by the time the NB rolled around. I wonder if Amy 2.0 is Frank's way of sticking it to the people who want more hospital. Look! Now there's a gossipy, busybody nurse in everyone's business.

50 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I dunno if he can handle it any better than James Nigbor.

He's more natural on camera than NIgbor, at least. To me he seems to have more of a feel for acting, whereas I felt Nigbor was being fed his lines through an earpiece.

29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I forgot to mention them stomping around and clapping like dinosaurs! What was that?!

Because no one can dance, apparently. I found that part of the routine absolutely hilarious. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Matt Cohen at least looks like he's taken his clothes off for money or fun to music before, so I believed his performance.  I just never ever buy Milo's performance because his body is not stripper perfect and his eyes are dead and his face is a 2.  If you're going to hump a stage on my TV, you're getting the full critique.  I'm mentally blocking out the whole martial arts routine from Curtis because I want him to stay hot.  Like, I'm pretending I did not see Dillon and Kiki dress like hobos while they sang "Stitches".   

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Amy 2.0 is Frank's way of sticking it to the people who want more hospital. Look! Now there's a gossipy, busybody nurse in everyone's business.

I have continually preached the mantra "be careful what you wish for" in regards to this show for at least a few years now. This is a perfect example.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I have continually preached the mantra "be careful what you wish for" in regards to this show for at least a few years now. This is a perfect example.

I only caught about 2 minutes of the Nurses Ball, but isn't she some smash up of Amy Vining and Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect? 

I can even see the wheels in Frank's head turning right now -- catching Pitch  Perfect and thinking that ingredient that GH has a missing along is a loud mouth overweight blonde. She's named Amy. GH once had a gossipy nurse named Amy. And, low and behold, we now have Nurse Amy. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Francie said:

I only caught about 2 minutes of the Nurses Ball, but isn't she some smash up of Amy Vining and Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect? 

I can even see the wheels in Frank's head turning right now -- catching Pitch  Perfect and thinking that ingredient that GH has a missing along is a loud mouth overweight blonde. She's named Amy. GH once had a gossipy nurse named Amy. And, low and behold, we now have Nurse Amy. 

Don't encourage him, lest we have Sabrina starting a choir or something.  I do not want Anthem:  The Acoustic Remix.  

I get the feeling Frank thinks this Amy chick is the second coming of Kathy Brier from OLTL, right down to the Broadway roots. Brier came on way too strong way too early too, before they changed writers and pulled her back. Frank has always had a deep love for theater people, which, fine, soaps are built on NY theater people - but not at the expense of what might help the show in deeply dire straits.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

I get the feeling Frank thinks this Amy chick is the second coming of Kathy Brier from OLTL, right down to the Broadway roots. Brier came on way too strong way too early too, before they changed writers and pulled her back. Frank has always had a deep love for theater people, which, fine, soaps are built on NY theater people - but not at the expense of what might help the show in deeply dire straits.

Omg.  No.  I'm having some bad flashbacks and I don't like them.  Like Frank deciding Finn needs a brother and putting Lucas's spirit in him and getting Ryan Carnes to play that character and pair it with Nurse Amy.  Then Nathan and Claudette having some weird asthmatic unknown kid and Griffin having PTSD and holding him hostage in a cabin.  Someone will get DID, won't they?  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Omg.  No.  I'm having some bad flashbacks and I don't like them.  Like Frank deciding Finn needs a brother and putting Lucas's spirit in him and getting Ryan Carnes to play that character and pair it with Nurse Amy.  Then Nathan and Claudette having some weird asthmatic unknown kid and Griffin having PTSD and holding him hostage in a cabin.  Someone will get DID, won't they?  

Stop that right now. Just stop!!!!! Do not put that in the universe. If they even hint at something like this I'll blame you. and then I'll have to hurt you. And I don't want to do that.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Stop that right now. Just stop!!!!! Do not put that in the universe. If they even hint at something like this I'll blame you. and then I'll have to hurt you. And I don't want to do that.  

I know.   I know.  I should  toss myself off the parapet.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:
On May 28, 2016 at 2:41 AM, Lillybee said:

If Nik is dead or missing, how long before Scummy and Snarly decide that they want Spenser?

They can have a custody battle with Lulu and Dante. 

I like to think Spencer is where everyone draws the line for child collecting. I can't imagine who'd want to deal with that snot-nosed drama queen full time. Even Nik, his father, pawns him off on poor Alfred and the rest of his staff.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I like to think Spencer is where everyone draws the line for child collecting. I can't imagine who'd want to deal with that snot-nosed drama queen full time. Even Nik, his father, pawns him off on poor Alfred and the rest of his staff.

I hope poor Laura and Kevin aren't saddled with his obnoxious ass.  I say let Uncle Sonny have him.  And I hope he ends up burning that house to the ground.  With Sonny, Carly, and Morgan all asleep inside it.  

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer can just wander the streets alone and then drop some sandbags on DNAJ because commercial break. 

• Love 5

Lol.  I really want to see Spencer and Morgan:  The Unwanted Children of Port  Charles.   Spencer would be the actual adult,  while Morgan is the legal adult.  They  can squat in the Quartermaine boat house, hang out at Carly's empty mansion (except on holidays), and occasionally  chill in Sam's empty penthouse.  Spencer reminds  Morgan to take his meds, Morgan teaches Spencer how to stop acting like a kid people want to beat up.   It's a fair trade.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I hope poor Laura and Kevin aren't saddled with his obnoxious ass.  I say let Uncle Sonny have him.  And I hope he ends up burning that house to the ground.  With Sonny, Carly, and Morgan all asleep inside it.  

People! I know Spencer is a boy child, but Port Charles Ordinance 280.03(f) is clear:

Mac Scorpio is automatically awarded custody. With babysitting rights given to the eternally 68-year-old Audrey Hardy.

• Love 15
(edited)

How many times is Ghost Duke gonna hog the lens? I love Ian Buchanan (outside of his soporific turn as Duke these last few years) but dude just keeps coming back. I often think soaps don't let people grieve enough these days, but damn, let's move on.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

How many times is Ghost Duke gonna hog the lens? I love Ian Buchanan (outside of his soporific turn as Duke these last few years) but dude just keeps coming back. I often think soaps don't let people grieve enough these days, but damn, let's move on.

Well, you were the one that started the cat analogy. 

Can you fault FrankenVarni (FrankenNate?) for running with it, and giving the man 9 lives? 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Can you all imagine Spencer living in Lante's loft? He will really be a townie then.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Didn't Kate/Connie have DID? Or did Show give me DID?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ava has primary physical custody of Avery, doesn't she? According to the law. So why is she begging Sonny for her daughter? Just get CPS and a cop and take her.

Ava does have primary physical custody, but Paul told her if the sex tape gets released, he'll go public with her confession of killing Connie. 

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Well, you were the one that started the cat analogy. 

Can you fault FrankenVarni (FrankenNate?) for running with it, and giving the man 9 lives? 

Oh God.  So, I ask for a return from the dead, I get Duke.  I wanted a character to get a pet, I get ME stroking a lizard. I ask for Carlos's ghost, I get Duke forever.  I ask for AJ or Ned to have a son and Duke gets one.  Fine.  I want all Sonny and Sabrina forever and ever. Singing and dancing.  And making sweet, sweet love.

• Love 4

Well that was the shittiest episode in awhile and on THIS show?  That's bad.

The level of disconnect between the writers/showrunners and the actual 'story' that unfolds is so huge.  Trashing Sabrina/Tracy, one of the few genuine female friendships on the show for no reason other than Tracy acting like a child and punishing Sabrina by withholding her baby?

Sonny spending the ENTIRE episode being a hateful, cowardly, self-absorbed bag of dicks with NO awareness whatsoever while Ava begs and pleads for her child?  The male romantic lead of the show.  What the fuck are these idiotic writers ON?

All the years where the ratings have steadily declined when the mob rules, when the mob wins, when the mob smothers every character, strangling them beyond belief just so douchebags like Sonny can be right and they STILL don't get it.

• Love 15

In other enraging news, how "nice" that Lucas nearly dying is all about Dr. Michael Easton and Dr. O and, to a lesser degree, Julian instead of, I dunno, Brad or Bobbie or Lucas himself.

#rageembolismx2

• Love 15
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

That baby has to be TeCa's RL kid; the smile on his face was too big for anyone but his mother.

He's not. Her baby was just that photo they used.

Sabrina's baby's name is just....no. This show needs to stop trying so hard with forcing pretty much everything, including Sabrina as a Q. Just....no.

• Love 5
Just now, HeatLifer said:

He's not. Her baby was just that photo they used.

Sabrina's baby's name is just....no. This show needs to stop trying so hard with forcing pretty much everything, including Sabrina as a Q. Just....no.

I'm just gonna wank in my head that Sabrina just liked the name and decided to say she named him for Tracy's dad for extra suck up points. I buy Tracy and Sabrina as friends but Sabrina naming her baby for Tracy's dad who she never met? I don't think they're that close. People don't name their kids after their own grandmother/mother these days, let alone someone else's.* Now, if Eduardo had been his middle name, I wouldn't bat an eye.

*for the most part.

• Love 6