Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Best part of the episode. Him not telling Michael where Sabina was made my day.

I see Michael has returned to being a SLS after constant exposure to Sonny. Why would Michael feel entitled enough to that information to threaten to let the man die? Sabrina is Carlos's wife and she left willingly with him to raise their child together.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm fairly sure you're giving them way too much credit. They most likely didn't know shit when they introduced him.

Griffin declaring, "I'm a priest," and the look on everyone's face had me literally rolling. What is the big deal? Like I really don't get it.

Seriously! He never talks about women and is always talking about morality. Is it really *shocking*? It's a little weird that he decided to become a brain surgeon on the side, but it's no "I'm claudette" revelation.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

I see Michael has returned to being a SLS after constant exposure to Sonny. Why would Michael feel entitled enough to that information to threaten to let the man die? Sabrina is Carlos's wife and she left willingly with him to raise their child together.

imo, Corinthos or Q, Michael has always had a sense of entitlement. He was always praised by the Qs, especially Edward, and heralded as being the next heir by him because he was the first in the line in direct male descent. 

But aside from that I can give Michael a little leeway. He doesn't really believe Sabrina left voluntary. 

• Love 4
(edited)

He has no reason to believe that though. She's been in contact with Felix and she's chosen to avoid him; he's venturing into creep territory. Can somebody please throw her into a quad with Tree/Maxie/Griffin?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

Either/both, I don't really care but I need him to stop acting like they were so in love that she wouldn't leave of her own free will. They had boring sex once, she lied to him for months about a baby that wasn't his and then ran off with the baby's father.  There's no there, there

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Seriously! He never talks about women and is always talking about morality. Is it really *shocking*? It's a little weird that he decided to become a brain surgeon on the side, but it's no "I'm claudette" revelation.

Ironically, I would have found the "Griffin is Claudette"  deal more believable than the one we got. Things still seem so off. Griffin's a priest! So what? What's next? If Nathan shot him, and it certainly is implied that he did, what now? Griffin doesn't appear to be angry or holding a grudge for being shot, so what's this storyline all about? Where is Claudette? Was she shot too, and killed? Was Nathan shooting Griffin the big secret he was keeping? As if Maxie wouldn't have understood this given the circumstances? I can't see this as being a dealbreaker for the Maxie/Nathan relationship.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Per previews, it looks like Sonny will be badgering a dying Carlos while Griffin is trying to give him last rights.

Of course he does. I hope Carlos tells him to shove it, and then dies as dramatically as possible.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Griffin declaring, "I'm a priest," and the look on everyone's face had me literally rolling. What is the big deal? Like I really don't get it.

I gotta give people this, because priest/doctor is not a common combination. Props to the writers for coming up with something different. We haven't had anything like this since Sirhan Surgeon, who was an oncologist/plastic surgeon/lady-bits fixer/assassin.

52 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

She's been in contact with Felix and she's chosen to avoid him; he's venturing into creep territory.

I know. It's gross. Back off, dude.

Griffin doesn't appear to be angry or holding a grudge for being shot

He's feeling something, albeit in a very priestly, low-key way. He was visibly upset to see Nathan that first time, and he had that long conversation with Sonny about forgiveness. Something is eating away at him.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm fairly sure you're giving them way too much credit. They most likely didn't know shit when they introduced him.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

But if it's true that he is a priest who broke his vows and had an affair with Nathan's wife, if Nathan shot him, why doesn't Nathan recognize him? 

He went to "priest school". Had  an affair and got shot. Went to surgeon school and had time to have plastic surgery to have his face redone? 

I'm lost. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

But if it's true that he is a priest who broke his vows and had an affair with Nathan's wife, if Nathan shot him, why doesn't Nathan recognize him? 

He probably just didn't get a good look at Griffin because he found them fucking in a dark room or something.

This story is SO DUMB.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

He went to "priest school". Had  an affair and got shot. Went to surgeon school and had time to have plastic surgery to have his face redone? 

I'm lost. 

Griffin having plastic surgery, for whatever reason, was one theory pitched on this message board, I believe. Another theory offered was that Nathan shot Griffin in the dark or some other way in which Griffin wasn't so easily visible. I'd say one of these theories MUST come to pass in order to viably explain why Nathan doesn't remember a man he shot.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I assume Nathan walked in on Claudette and Nathan in a darkened room, saw red, pulled out his pistol (he was a uniform cop back then, we already heard), shot them, and then fled.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Carlos is dead, what does it matter if he confesses?

I think what Anna and Sonny are really angling for is for Carlos to confirm that Julian ordered the hit on Duke.

Why would you go to divinity school, get shot, get plastic surgery, then go to medical school, complete a residency, internship, fellowship, and become an established surgeon?  How old is Griffin and how much money does he have?   Divinity school is four years, two years?  Then he's a priest.  That takes a bit.  So, he has this affair.  Gets shot,  recovers, has plastic surgery, recovers from that.  Then has to get a four year degree in biology/pre med.  Then medical school.  Then etc etc.  That's expensive stuff.  And it's not quick either.   Granted,  the writers are.... not very forthcoming with attention.   But damn.   Dude looks 28-33 and has the career of a dude in his 50s.   Just say he's a damn resident or something.   Write better.   Think,  dammit.  

• Love 13

I've long been curious about how old Griffin's supposed to be.  He was Lucas' peer at medical school, though Lucas didn't practice medicine for a few years, but Griffin is already a doctor at Patrick's level.  

• Love 3

Maybe he was a priest first, got shot by Nathan and decided to become a doctor after his life was saved. We know that Nathan was married to Claudia 10 years ago so it is enough time for Griffin to go to medical school and complete his residency in neurosurgery.

• Love 2

Griffin is covering all bases. I can just hear the pitch now, "Look, I'll either get you through this operation, or I'll make sure your path to heaven is cleared."

• Love 11

The stupid, it burns.  Julian only had a few drops of blood on the right hand side of his shirt.  Why didn't he just put his jacket on?  And Julian?  Toss the dagger into the harbor.  If you think Alexis isn't going to figure it out without seeing a big empty spot in the credenza, then you are dumber than I thought. 

Nina is such a fruit loop.  Wasn't she wearing p.j.s earlier?  Why change in to the black nightie, then suddenly develop modesty when Julian shows up, and pull her robe on (backwards, no less).  And her nightie was no more revealing than her daywear. 

• Love 4

Also let's not forget Dr. Duke's son was raise in another country (England? France? I truly haven't cared enough to remember) yet has no accent. If Nathan was married to Claudette 10 yrs ago how old is Nathan? Normally you have to be 21 to be a cop there is no way Nathan is 41. To be a neurosurgeon takes 4 yrs bachelors, 4 years medical school and 6-8 yrs residency that is 16 yrs alone not to mention working a few years to be top of your field. It would actually fit better with being Lucas's friend b/c of the gap between finishing medical school and actually practicing medicine, but being a priest first. No way.

Alexis suspecting Nina and Julian of an affair was kind of funny.

I like Michael when he is like this except I truly wanted him to dock roll Carlos back in the water I was sad he called 911. I really hate saying nice things about Sabrina but truly it makes no sense she is MIA since Carlos is caught. It isn't like her to protect him to this extent baby daddy or no. When last we saw her she was already kind of half on the fence about calling Michael. I don't believe she married Carlos I think he made that up. I loved Carlos's death scene in the water. So hammy. I'm not surprised Michael would worry that she isn't captive somewhere as we did see this family friend hiding the baby but not Sabrina. Carlos really could have her hidden away against her will and using the baby to keep her quite while causing the family friend to keep the baby secret or risk Sabrina being hurt.

Anna against the ancient freezer was not good. First off has she never been in a freezer? The knob pushes IN to open. That was all kinds of painful to watch plus how is an ancient freezer full of cobwebs even functioning? It made no sense to be an actual working freezer and have cobwebs. One or the other people!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

Umm, Chairperson Meow, it's called PRIEST SCHOOL. Try to keep up here. 

My bad.   No ledge is power on GH.   

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm pretty sure he was in a combined priest/M.D. program, so he could get both degrees at the same time.

If so, then that Griff is definitely not Duke's son, as Duke couldn't manage to make any decent life decisions at all.   A combined priest/MD program has to be super hard.   Can they at least make Claudine a doctor too so it makes sense that they met on a fellowship or something?   Plus,  when we get the inevitable We Never Cared IV, it'll be a doctor.   Finn is infectious disease /internist -  which GH needed.   Claudinia could be a pediatrician or a trauma surgeon.   GH needs that.  We don't even know what Lucas's specialty is besides getting Carly info and finding Sonny doctors.   

Anyone ever really try to guess the ages on this show?  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cattitude said:

Also let's not forget Dr. Duke's son was raise in another country (England? France? I truly haven't cared enough to remember) yet has no accent. If Nathan was married to Claudette 10 yrs ago how old is Nathan? Normally you have to be 21 to be a cop there is no way Nathan is 41. To be a neurosurgeon takes 4 yrs bachelors, 4 years medical school and 6-8 yrs residency that is 16 yrs alone not to mention working a few years to be top of your field. It would actually fit better with being Lucas's friend b/c of the gap between finishing medical school and actually practicing medicine, but being a priest first. No way.

I like Michael when he is like this except I truly wanted him to dock roll Carlos back in the water I was sad he called 911. I really hate saying nice things about Sabrina but truly it makes no sense she is MIA since Carlos is caught. It isn't like her to protect him to this extent baby daddy or no. When last we saw her she was already kind of half on the fence about calling Michael. I don't believe she married Carlos I think he made that up. I loved Carlos's death scene in the water. So hammy. I'm not surprised Michael would worry that she isn't captive somewhere as we did see this family friend hiding the baby but not Sabrina. Carlos really could have her hidden away against her will and using the baby to keep her quite while causing the family friend to keep the baby secret or risk Sabrina being hurt.

Anna against the ancient freezer was not good. First off has she never been in a freezer? The knob pushes IN to open. That was all kinds of painful to watch plus how is an ancient freezer full of cobwebs even functioning? It made no sense to be an actual working freezer and have cobwebs. One or the other people!

I tried quoting just the last paragraph but that's like rocket science on this iPad.  Anyway, good job with the freezer/cob web issue.  You're good!  Yes, why would a freezer locker that was out of commission long enough to grow cobwebs still be functional?  And I also found it odd that the good Dr. put 2 + 2 together so quickly and accurately as to go to the EXACT location.  Am I the only one with nagging little doubts about him?  Maybe I've just been in Port Charles too long and suspect everybody has an alternate agenda.

• Love 4

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who devoted time, energy and brain cells trying to figure out this Dr./Priest thing. Thanks guys! 

(I loved the reactions to Griffin's reveal, I'm betting they are stunned that he is not in the mob or something like that.) 

Why does Alexis have the knife that killed her mother on display in her living room? Toss that shit in the attic. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

And Julian?  Toss the dagger into the harbor.  If you think Alexis isn't going to figure it out without seeing a big empty spot in the credenza, then you are dumber than I thought. 

Julian put the dagger back in its spot. He even cleaned it off first.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

See, when Julian does smart stuff like that and when he just point blank shot that one dude himself a long time ago-  I want him around.    He's a real thug.   I could get behind that.   Own your bad assness.   Don't not eat carbs, bang Alexis,  and snivel up to Sam.   Wear suits and be the arrogant douche we all know you are.   Sonny wouldn't even stab Carlos himself.   How many times did he have the opportunity to kill him?  And he was like "I'm going to murder you.   Mumble,  mumble."   But the people he does murder are unarmed and incapacitated.   Big thugging there.   So manly.  So much heroic.   So much greatness.   So much eyeroll.  

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

See, when Julian does smart stuff like that and when he just point blank shot that one dude himself a long time ago-  I want him around.    He's a real thug.   I could get behind that.   Own your bad assness.   Don't not eat carbs, bang Alexis,  and snivel up to Sam.   Wear suits and be the arrogant douche we all know you are.   Sonny wouldn't even stab Carlos himself.   How many times did he have the opportunity to kill him?  And he was like "I'm going to murder you.   Mumble,  mumble."   But the people he does murder are unarmed and incapacitated.   Big thugging there.   So manly.  So much heroic.   So much greatness.   So much eyeroll.  

When he took the envelope of money from Carlo's hand and said "you won't need that where you are going"?  That was scary, cold, and brutal. (Excellent delivery from the actor on that line.) 

I'm starting to think Carlos is related to Rasputin the way he's hanging in there. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

This is my take on his horrible hair it makes him look extra douche, I can't believe he isn't rockin' a high ponytail with that long on top shit, so thug.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course he does. I hope Carlos tells him to shove it, and then dies as dramatically as possible

It's CARRRRRRRRRRLOS we are talking about.  How can it not be dramatic?

11 hours ago, Cattitude said:

I've been suspecting this is going to happen for a couple of weeks Alexis grows cold and distant because deep down she KNOWS her husband is a killer and he and Nina have revenge sex.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2016 at 1:04 AM, HeatLifer said:

I hate myself for saying this, but Ron did reveals SO MUCH BETTER than Jelly. Like, his day-to-day crap may have sucked, but he at least knew how to give you an amazing day or two of a reveal, lol. I'm still in shock Jason got his memories back and it was like, "Oh", after YEARS.

It's amazing that the BIG REVEAL lasted a single day with no emotional payoff.  I don't think BM is a good fit at all for Jason Morgan, and it shows, but the writers also dropped the ball on this one.  The entire "Jason returns" storyline is a bust.  Also, Ron got some thing right and a ton of other things wrong.  Jelly same thing.

On 5/12/2016 at 5:15 AM, Chairperson Meow said:

Yup.  I miss Ron of 2012 who didn't prop Sonny.    The Ron with a bounce in his step, a sparkle in his eye, stretch in his latex masks, optimism in his tweets.   Then a couple of actors *coughTGandMo* got involved and one left *coughSBu* and then bloggers blew up his ass and it went downhill.   I wonder what he's doing now.   I'm sure it's not boring.   

Ron made a mess of things for the most part.  The camp he wrote, the ridiculous out-of-character-writing (*cough*Cranco*cough), and the pandering to newbies at the expense of vets makes me miss him not at all.  That being said, the new writers are better but not by much.  How is it that these writers don't understand how to write a soap opera.  1) Focus on vets more than newbies; 2) be faithful and respectful of the history of the characters and their stories; 3) share the canvas with all the characters; and 4) craft slow-burn romances (where they usually start out by not liking each other).  

19 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Is anyone surprised that Griffin is a priest?  No?  I didn't think so.  That fact has been a given for a long time. 

So his sins were breaking his vow of celibacy and participating in an adulterous liaison with Nathan's wife. 

Nope, not even a little bit surprised, but that's okay.  Not everything needs to be a shocking reveal.

18 hours ago, Perkie said:

I was expecting Michael to toss Carlos back into the water, so I was surprised that he call 911 instead.  

Michael's not a cold-blooded killer (at least not yet).  He'll kill to protect himself or someone he loves, but leaving someone to bleed out is a Sonny or Julian or Ava move.  

18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Glad Michael shrugged off Sonny's attempts to "protect" him. Michael's an old hand at this, come on.

I'm waiting for the writers to allow Michael to have his own storyline and not have to clear it with Sonny all the time.  It's time to let the next generation take over the lead.  It annoys me that they write Michael to hold everyone's hand all the damn time.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I'm waiting for the writers to allow Michael to have his own storyline and not have to clear it with Sonny all the time.  It's time to let the next generation take over the lead.  It annoys me that they write Michael to hold everyone's hand all the damn time.

It makes me laugh a little to see Sonny offer tall, muscled, rich Michael protection, like he can't kick Sonny's ass and then use all his combined Corinthos and Quartermaine money to hire a pack of bodyguards if he wants to.

Although, even if he still gets permission from Sonny to do stuff, he's really good at condescending to Carly and placating her like she's the little woman. Not that I completely blame him. But he's got that part down pat!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It makes me laugh a little to see Sonny offer tall, muscled, rich Michael protection, like he can't kick Sonny's ass and then use all his combined Corinthos and Quartermaine money to hire a pack of bodyguards if he wants to.

Although, even if he still gets permission from Sonny to do stuff, he's really good at condescending to Carly and placating her like she's the little woman. Not that I completely blame him. But he's got that part down pat!

I think Michael knows his parents are full of shit and just sort of pats them on the head, but I like when Michael challenges Sonny (when the writers allowed it) with "And what if I don't?" when he's told to leave things alone.  I want to see THAT Michael front and center far more often.  The writers cater to Sonny and his pov way too much at the expense of everyone else.  I am a Moe fan and a Sonny fan, but the amount of hypocrisy that comes out of his mouth (and Carly and even Sam) should be toned down.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Per previews, it looks like Sonny will be badgering a dying Carlos while Griffin is trying to give him last rights.

We'll see Carly produce an instagram from the Vatican that gives Sonny extraordinary duties to hear the words of a dying man, especially if he tried to kill Sonny. Sonny will also be able to accept or deny absolution.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cattitude said:

This is my take on his horrible hair it makes him look extra douche, I can't believe he isn't rockin' a high ponytail with that long on top shit, so thug.

This quote on Julian's hair made me realize that he looks similar to a guy in my office that has the same type of haircut. I remember recoiling in horror when I first saw it, but I'm more used to it by now. He's Canadian too, I guess they're a good country for politics but a bad one for fashion?

Like when he told her to binge watch something? That was hilarious. Her reaction wasn't bad either.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

I'm starting to think Carlos is related to Rasputin the way he's hanging in there. 

Maybe Carlos is Rasputin. If so, can he please put a curse on Sonny? It would be way more effective than anything Helena could do.

43 minutes ago, Bishop said:

The writers cater to Sonny and his pov way too much at the expense of everyone else.

They really do. People can have their own thoughts without them trampling on the wonder that is Sonny Corinthos.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe Carlos is Rasputin. If so, can he please put a curse on Sonny? It would be way more effective than anything Helena could do.

They really do. People can have their own thoughts without them trampling on the wonder that is Sonny Corinthos.

Carlos/Jeffrey Parise should have sang this at the Nurses' Ball

You just know he'd be amazing at it lol

• Love 7

That's what I'm saying.  He's an idiot.  The best place for that dagger is the bottom of the harbor.  Alexis is going to figure out he did it, and having a hastily-cleaned off dagger sitting around is a bigger liability than having Alexis find an empty spot.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He really has. His smug face when he was telling Jordan he wouldn't speak to her without a lawyer had me stabby.

I loved it.  That's a smart guy not wanting to talk to the cops without his lawyer.  Considering he has a grudge against Carlos, has his blood on him, and was at the scene of the crime, it would have been beyond stupid for him to spill his guts to Jordan or any cop without representation.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Unless Julian wipes the knife with heavy duty cleaner and bleach, there is probably still DNA evidence on it.

When Dante was shot in Sonny's living room, blood was all over the place yet miraculously Max cleaned up ALL the DNA evidence by the time the cops came.

• Love 2

Shallow/mean: Is Stafford one of those people who ignored the memo about sunscreen? She often wears fashions that show a lot of skin, and I always think she looks as though she's tanned a lot and taken her chances.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Gee, Anna (and writers), maybe all your righteous indignation over Julian and Carlos getting away with killing Duke would be a whole lot more effective if you weren't venting it with the man who got away with killing A.J.  If you'd been even a quarter as obsessed with putting Sonny away for all his crimes the last couple decades, maybe Duke would even still be alive.

Anna is ridiculous, and I'm beginning to agree with Paul that she's becoming unhinged.  I was rooting for Carlos not to give up Julian before he died.

And all that is what's wrong with this show.

Somebody needs to give Elizabeth a lesson in packing up house.  It's a whole lot of wasted effort taking the empty boxes and all your stuff to another room before packing it up.  Oh, and it's a good idea to use tape...

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 14