Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Also, when in hell did Hayden blackmail Liz? Never. At most she kinda sorta blackmailed Nik for about 12 hours so she had a place to crash after she found out Nik knew, but she never threatened Liz with telling in exchange for anything. Hayden's beef was with Nik.

• Love 7

I think there hasn't been much build up to Sam and Jason getting back together. They've had only sporadic interaction since Jakeson found out who he was, and now all of a sudden they're exploring each other's tonsils with their tongues. 

• Love 3

Liz: She lied about Jason's identity!

Nik: So did we!

The fact that the writers wrote this exchange speaks volumes about how they view Liz and how they will never let her grow. It's insulting and ridic and I'm o-v-e-r it.

I think there hasn't been much build up to Sam and Jason getting back together. They've had only sporadic interaction since Jakeson found out who he was, and now all of a sudden they're exploring each other's tonsils with their tongues.

Yeah, I somewhat agree. The story has dragged on too long, but JaSam's "connection" just started happening recently, especially on Jason's end. I'm still laughing at Sam's "I had a life apart from you." She did? 'Cause she was talking about him every damn day! Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

But what part of today makes you think they're "back together?" Since when does making out automatically mean two people are together? I think, whether people buy it or not, there has been a simmering mutual attraction between them, even before Jake found out he was her husband. I think finally sharing a true, mutual kiss for the first time in ages isn't rushing things and certainly does not mean they are back together. And, also, it might have been sporadic, but Jason and Sam have talked about how complicated things are. I think they had the talk outside of the Nutcracker gala where Jason talked about how he didn't know what he was feeling, but that he didn't feel like he was just Sam's "friend" and they agreed not to label anything.

• Love 11

WORD! It's so laughable that Liz somehow thinks she's better than Hayden because she did it "for love." When Ric did basically the same exact thing Liz did and tried to keep Liz and Jason apart, when his lie was exposed at the Nurses' Ball she slapped him and when he said he did it because he loved her she said it wasn't love. But now Liz gets on her high horse and acts like her lying to Jason for months and keeping him from his family was "love" and qualifies her to judge anyone. And, yeah, even if Liz wanted to call them all even for the lies Nik had someone put a bullet in Hayden's brain and she's acting like Hayden is the big, bad wolf and will hurt poor Nikolas?!

I think, in Liz's mind, the difference is money (and scheming involving $). Ric not only lied to her, he paid Hayden to go to Liz's house and come between her and Jakeson. He gave Hayden false documents to make the scheme believable. I think Elizabeth believes Hayden is also now attached to Nikolas for money (pre-nup or no pre-nup) and underhanded schemes.  Liz believes she loved/loves Jason, and that was all that mattered.  She believes herself to be protective of her BFF, Nikolas. Her choices have not been motivated by money. Of all Liz's flaws and sins, getting a pay day from scamming someone or being a gold digger w/a guy are not on that list. She has always worked as a nurse, has always wanted to support herself. SBu's Jason didn't consult her when he bought her the house; he asked her to accept it because of Jake. When Liz was pregnant with Aiden and Nikolas talked about establishing a trust fund (or several), she snapped that she could support her own children. I kinda think Liz sees Hayden as a high-class hooker; the only reason Hayden and Jason didn't have sex the one night is because Jason turned her down. And the audience knows Hayden has not refrained from sex with Nikolas. 

I think, in Liz's mind, the difference is money (and scheming involving $). Ric not only lied to her, he paid Hayden to go to Liz's house and come between her and Jakeson. He gave Hayden false documents to make the scheme believable. I think Elizabeth believes Hayden is also now attached to Nikolas for money (pre-nup or no pre-nup) and underhanded schemes.  Liz believes she loved/loves Jason, and that was all that mattered.  She believes herself to be protective of her BFF, Nikolas. Her choices have not been motivated by money. Of all Liz's flaws and sins, getting a pay day from scamming someone or being a gold digger w/a guy are not on that list. She has always worked as a nurse, has always wanted to support herself. SBu's Jason didn't consult her when he bought her the house; he asked her to accept it because of Jake. When Liz was pregnant with Aiden and Nikolas talked about establishing a trust fund (or several), she snapped that she could support her own children. I kinda think Liz sees Hayden as a high-class hooker; the only reason Hayden and Jason didn't have sex the one night is because Jason turned her down. And the audience knows Hayden has not refrained from sex with Nikolas.

Even if that is Liz's reasoning, it still makes her look like a delusional idiot in my book. Somehow because Ric paid Hayden to get involved to keep Liz and Jason apart somehow that makes Liz better just because she didn't pay someone to help her out? She certainly wasn't wary of using other parties to help her, she just didn't need to pay them. Ric also believed he loved her. That is not a difference between them.

Liz looking down on Hayden for being "like" a hooker is also stupid. Hayden would have slept with Jason because she wanted to. Ric wasn't paying her for that. Ditto for why Hayden slept with Nik. Given that Liz schemed in all manner of ways to sleep with a married man, she has nerve to look down her nose at anyone for who they sleep with and why.

Plus, if scheming involving money is so abhorrent to her, then why didn't/doesn't she have a bigger problem with Nik and his illegal ELQ takeover? Yeah, I know he's her "best friend" but still. Nik basically took away a company that meant a lot to her old best friend Emily's family, not to mention hurting someone that Jason loved, but again, she had no real problem with it. Nik is basically Kanye West - a rich asshole complaining that their "personal wealth" just isn't big enough. She may think Hayden is a golddigger, but as far as she knows, Hayden didn't have someone shot in the head, and schemed to then finish the job, all because they were trying to hold on to a company for monetary reasons.

I have no problem with Liz thinking Hayden is shady, but it's her getting on her high horse about it and acting as if she's somehow better than Hayden - and acting like Hayden is evil compared to attempted murderer Nikolas - which is ridiculous.

• Love 8

So Oliiva disconnected the phone and the wifi in that particular room. Okay I guess. But how exactly did Nathan manage to block cell service on just those two mobiles? I know, I know. I'm thinking too much. Which is clearly more than the writers are doing...

• Love 2

She almost died. I think that woke him up and made him realize what he's known for a while but hasn't acted on.

• Love 2

KS & RP do have nice chemistry. I am sort of surprised that the show hasn't had a big wedding for Maxie & Ryan by now. Hasn't it been over two years for the two of them? That's an eternity in daytime. I wonder if Elizabeth being a hyped (writing) is the reason that Rebecca Herbst wants to leave GH. Hopefully, she won't. She's a good actress and has such a long history. Besides, they don't have any other (young) nurses on GH. Wait! Sabrina's is one, right? How quickly we forget. LOL!!

KS & RP do have nice chemistry. I am sort of surprised that the show hasn't had a big wedding for Maxie & Ryan by now. Hasn't it been over two years for the two of them?

Kinda. He showed up early January 2014 and they had one episode together before KSt went on maternity leave for 3 months.

Kinda. He showed up early January 2014 and they had one episode together before KSt went on maternity leave for 3 months.

Yeah, that was when I knew they had chemistry. I think they worked a day with each other and you could tell they "it". That's pretty impressive. I'm not sure what the next obstacle will be for Maxie & Nathan? I'm assuming her career with Crimson & burgeoning modeling career but that doesn't scream drama to me. I guess they could bring in the obligurty girlfriend from Nathan's past to stir up a little trouble. That hasn't been done, right? I don't think he'll be there much longer anyway. He reminds me of a Antonio Sabato type. Do your 3 year contract, not renew & then try prime time. He's already done a TV movie so he's already on his way. He's good looking and can act reasonably well. I could see him on an NCIS (I hear Michael Weatherly is leaving) or Grey's Anatomy (McDreamy...McSteamy Part Duex)?!

I really like today's show. I thought it was cute and romantic in spots.

My det Special Kitty is so adorable. I like him in cute little scenes like this dealing with ditzy Maxie.

I agree with who ever said what Lulu was saying about Dante is that he isn't the type of person to cheat and would never have cheated IF choices she had made hadn't already been pushing him away. I did also hear him at least twice bring up HIS affair and in the end saying if he could go back and change his choice he would have. So I agree with the writers here. Unless a guy is a general cheater douche most cheating happens due to marriage problems already there. Doesn't make the cheating right but I don't think Dante let himself off the hook either. Bottom line is there are cheaters you can't trust won't do it again and there are spouses who make a mistake and NEVER would do it again. I think Dante is the later.

I LOL at Nik and Liz. Nik in his robe after having sex casually sitting on a coffee table shootin' the breeze with his BFF when there is a whole room of chairs. I don't so much mind Liz being a hypocrite as the way she is such a bitch about it. She can go from doing the same thing as Hayden and being a bitch to Sam for calling her out to being a bitch to Hayden while Hayden in general is pretty pleasant to Liz.

I can't say enough about how cute Sam and Jason are and I never liked BM on Y&R much at all. They just sparkle and look good together.

I don't know how much more of Jordan I can take. She is such a sourpuss shrew I'm rooting for Valerie to throat punch her. I hope Andre throws her deuces!

I always LOL at the eating scenes and how unrealistic they are. There is no way Nathan and Maxie would EVER eat that many carbs. And ditto for Sam and that giant bowl of pasta. She is so little she probably wouldn't eat that much in a week.

• Love 3

At this point it's not just that Dante cheated - he lied for months and his behavior with Valerie was incredibly inappropriate both before and after they were exposed. Also? he dated his wife's cousin! while they were still married!

These writers took the shit sandwich that was the Dante cheating story and turned it into a shit buffet

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

Last time they reunited they had sex first and figured out the relationship later. I think a little bit of making out is them taking it slow Edited by Oracle42

Last time they reunited they had sex first and figured out the relationship later. I think a little bit of making out is them taking it slow

I think the whole being sexually attracted to each other came out of nowhere, though. It just...happened. There was no build up to it. But, ultimately, I don't care cause I just...don't. Most of the time I watch this show to see what Billy does next.

• Love 1

I think KeMo has played a pull (I guess. I can't think of a better word) since before the Jason reveal. BM, I dunno. Most of the time his Jason feels like Billy Abbott. I thought he and Sam were cute but 'boyish charm' is an awkward fit on Jason Morgan

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Lost in the WTFery of the Lante dialogue was the WTFery of Maxie and Tree locking them in there in the first place. I suppose it's a soap trope, but if my friends ever did that to me, I'd be pissed as hell. 

So Oliiva disconnected the phone and the wifi in that particular room. Okay I guess. 

I know it's Port Charles, the place to which all other villages send their idiots, but all I could think during most of those scenes was how the fire department would just love to know that the manager of the hotel (!) was perfectly fine with people being locked in a hotel room with no means of escape and no way of calling for help.

• Love 5

I think KeMp has played a pull (I guess. I can't think of a better word) since before the Jason reveal. BM, I dunno. Most of the time his Jason feels like Billy Abbott. I thought he and Sam were cute but 'boyish charm' is an awkward fit on Jason Morgan

Honestly, I don't know what anyone on this show is trying to portray. The writing and POVs (if you'd even call it that) change on the daily.

...I don't know how much more of Jordan I can take. She is such a sourpuss shrew I'm rooting for Valerie to throat punch her. I hope Andre throws her deuces!,,,

Jordan is warning Valerie about Curtis the same way Jordan warned Valerie about Dante.  Jordan seems to have a long history with Curtis and Jordan doesn’t want to see Valerie caught up in something that she may regret! IMO

Edited by ihaterealitytv38
  • Love 1

Did I hear and read the closed-captioning correctly where Lulu said that Dante wasn't a cheater?  Didn't he sleep with someone outside his marriage (non-open) and lie to his spouse about it?  Did someone actually write that?

Black roots aside - Maxie has been nailing her scenes lately. The actress has been entertaining to watch and Nathan has been (as always) nice to look at. 

Nik didn't look like he had gained too much weight besides rail-thin Elizabeth.  Jason - on the other hand - needs to integrate more cardio into his workout and less strength building.  Sam/Jason's penthouse needs some background props to keep my mind entertained when these two sleep through their scenes.

• Love 2

I know it's Port Charles, the place to which all other villages send their idiots, but all I could think during most of those scenes was how the fire department would just love to know that the manager of the hotel (!) was perfectly fine with people being locked in a hotel room with no means of escape and no way of calling for help

As a part owner of a public establishment that the firemen and the police have to protect, Olivia needs a big fat fine at least for this behavior. I am so sick of Olivia and Maxie getting away with stunts like that one--stunts that are dismissed for "cute naughtiness". Both Olivia and Maxie have a shocking sense of entitlement, and each feels free to shoot her mouth off without checking facts or being fully informed. Both women feel perfectly comfortable interfering and judging. As far as we know, Maxie is never chided or counseled by Mac or Felicia, and Nathan is a big booby where Maxie is concerned. Olivia is a loose cannon who doesn't learn from her embarrassing mistakes, running after crime bosses in particular and getting pregnant. Maybe Mac and Felicia have given up with Maxie, thinking she is over 21, but many parents are still willing to advise grown-up children to save the family embarrassment.

Lulu had been headstrong, arrogant, and judgmental too--"cut out of the same cloth"--but now she's grown enough to see that her impulsiveness and need for adventure got her in trouble. She's even willing to consider herself somewhat culpable in her marriage breakup. I respect her for that, and hope to see more growth before she'd try to expand her family with another baby.

Nikolas and Elizabeth have a history of getting up into each others business when it comes to respectable mates.  I actually don't think Elizabeth will be moving into Nayden's orbit anytime soon (although I have been wrong before).  Also, Nikolas could have respected the fact that his wife and Elizabeth don't get along and maybe offered to help her pay for a hotel rather than move her into Wyndemere.  Liz just took advantage of Nik's offer.  Also I really didn't see any jealousy out of Elizabeth toward Nik, as opposed to the whole Britta saga.  Rather she seemed shocked that Nik got married to whom she views as a golddigger.  

Where's Ric?

• Love 1

I think, in Liz's mind, the difference is money (and scheming involving $). Ric not only lied to her, he paid Hayden to go to Liz's house and come between her and Jakeson. He gave Hayden false documents to make the scheme believable. I think Elizabeth believes Hayden is also now attached to Nikolas for money (pre-nup or no pre-nup) and underhanded schemes.  Liz believes she loved/loves Jason, and that was all that mattered.  She believes herself to be protective of her BFF, Nikolas.

I'm responding in the Liz thread.

There is no way Nathan and Maxie would EVER eat that many carbs. And ditto for Sam and that giant bowl of pasta. She is so little she probably wouldn't eat that much in a week.

I agree that Maxie and Nathan would probably not eat that way because they seem like people who would eat healthy, but I could maybe see them having big meals for special occasions. As for Sam, as a character I can't see her not just eating whatever she wants. Same goes for KeMo tbh. She's probably just a person who has a great metabolism/genes.

But the food scenes usually annoy me too because no one ever actually eats. I loved that KeMo actually ate in that scene.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Even if that is Liz's reasoning, it still makes her look like a delusional idiot in my book. 

Liz looking down on Hayden for being "like" a hooker is also stupid. Hayden would have slept with Jason because she wanted to. Ric wasn't paying her for that. 

Plus, if scheming involving money is so abhorrent to her, then why didn't/doesn't she have a bigger problem with Nik and his illegal ELQ takeover? 

I didn't say she had good reasoning, but she has something of a history toward women who gain financially via scheming/relationship with a man.  

Hayden wasn't specifically paid to sleep with Jason, but she was paid to convince him they were married, and that was one way she went about it. Grey area, I think.

Liz isn't involved in the ELQ takeover; she sees that as Nik's business. I believe she did give him attitude about that scheme the night of the Nurse's Ball.

Also: The Kanye West comparison made me LOL, thank you!

To me, this is Elizabeth, once again, using Nikolas as her fallback guy! (I’m ignoring this BFF crap!) To me, Elizabeth hates to see a past boyfriend moving on with someone else! To me, this is Elizabeth, once again, trying to drive a wedge between a past boyfriend and his current girlfriend (wife)! 

Except Nikolas went to Elizabeth and asked her to move in.  She didn't jump at the chance because of Hayden, and his attitude was basically I don't care how she feels about it, you're my best friend. She's hardly hitting on unhappy newlywed Nik.

Nikolas and Elizabeth have a history of getting up into each others business when it comes to respectable mates.  I actually don't think Elizabeth will be moving into Nayden's orbit anytime soon (although I have been wrong before).  Also, Nikolas could have respected the fact that his wife and Elizabeth don't get along and maybe offered to help her pay for a hotel rather than move her into Wyndemere.  Liz just took advantage of Nik's offer.  Also I really didn't see any jealousy out of Elizabeth toward Nik, as opposed to the whole Britta saga.  Rather she seemed shocked that Nik got married to whom she views as a golddigger.  

Totally agree. I'm actually thinking Nik may start attempting to "try again" with Liz down the road as this mess with Hayden is unraveling (beginning now), and because he sees that Liz and Jason are definitely over. 

I am in the miority b/c I don't have history of Niz being together but I think Nik and Liz have good chemistry and as far as choices of men she has that I've seen(I no nothing of Lucky) have the best chemistry with each other.

I find Nik's relationship with Hayden puzzling b/c of the Tracy blackmail we have seen that deep down Hayden actually has feelings for Nik, but on Nik's side we've only seen what he tells Hayden and the veiled comments he's said to others. I don't get that he loves her so much as finds her interesting and lacking morals that get in the way of scheming which appeals to him. He seems to be taking warnings from others seriously and not so "in love" that she is blinding him to her flaws.I almost feel like this marriage is a fun game to him with sex as a bonus.

Hayden knows some of Nik and Liz's history at the very least and I can see where she would not trust Liz staying with them. It was also kind of rude of Nik to ask her to stay with them without asking his wife. I thought given all this Hayden was pretty chill about Liz being there. It especially made me a little uncomfortable that Nik wearing just a robe after sex was casually sitting next to Liz with his chest hanging out. I don't know many new wives that would be that comfortable with their husband's female friend to not be a little put out by this behavior especially given Hayden's history with Liz.

• Love 2

Is the rumor I heard that both Lucas AND Brad managed to stumble onscreen Friday true? 

I don't remember exactly what day it was but they were indeed both onscreen at the same time!

It was Friday. Nice scenes with them talking to Kristina about their experiences coming out. Kristina was "asking for a friend". 

Because I watched Friday right before Monday, I didn't get a chance to comment on it. I enjoyed it for the most part. No one was terrible. Of course, having the Sucky Six Pack offscreen always helps tremendously. Let me know if you need me to spell out who, but you can probably surmise.

I'm speculating that Molly will either change her mind, or that the sex will take place entirely offscreen. TJ gets major points from me for not wanting to pressure her. That isn't very typical of teenage guys. 

• Love 1

the cable guide description of Anna being pulled into Dillon's world now makes me think of Dillon convincing Anna to do a video of a pop cover of Jellicle Cats. "We're gonna show the world Andrew Lloyd Webber like he's never been seen before, Anna!"

• Love 2

Am I really the only one who thinks Brad sucks? Keep him off-screen, thank you.

I went from loathing Brad to liking him - with Britt and with Lucas - and I credit all of that to Parry Shen.  But I wouldn't weep bitter shipper tears if he and Lucas broke up and he left the show. 

But if they were to do that, it has to actually take place on the show.  The gays, and their love lives in particular, are off-screen enough as it is. 

And if Brad being on-screen means Felix is not, all the better!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

My prob isn't with Parry. I mean, he's not the strongest actor but whatever. On this show? He's not alone. But Brad is still completely underdeveloped and just written badly overall, IMO.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

WTF ever on Nik calling Sam. Please tell me Sam has plans to say yes only to turn the tables on him and screw him over by investigating him.

Well, she is "the best PI" he knows.  Which shows he really needs to expand his circles (a prince who dabbles in ruining lives really should have a good one on retainer).  But I have no doubt Sam will take the case because Hayden is part of the Big Bad that kept Jason and their magical connection away from her.  

Also, note to Nik: next time you marry someone you don't know/tried to murder, maybe do a background check before saying "I do."

• Love 4

I'm hoping she takes the case because it provides an opportunity to screw over Nik and I hope she takes the opportunity.

I can't believe that their first interaction since she found out what he did is him asking for a favor. WTF with these writers

• Love 8

Kiki and Franco talking about Morgan's lack of a boner may be the grossest thing that's ever happened on this show. 

And what an "excellent" choice for the first scene of the day.

I'd say third grossest. Then I started thinking about all of the gross things to ever occur on this show, and if we were to list them all out, we'd never get to the end.

• Love 3

Kiki walked in on Morgan railing Darby HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's cause he's not on his meds! Real Morgan would never cheat 50 billion times, just like Real Franco would never have killed 50 billion times if it weren't for the tumor! 

Kiki walked in on Morgan railing Darby HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's cause he's not on his meds! Real Morgan would never cheat 50 billion times, just like Real Franco would never have killed 50 billion times if it weren't for the tumor! 

• Love 3

Am I really the only one who thinks Brad sucks? Keep him off-screen, thank you.

No you're not! I've had no use for him ever since he first fell on top of Lucas's dick. What's to like? Especially when you've been off screen for what? Six months or more? They drag him away from Rosalie's goodies long enough to prop Kristina and her dilemma and probably won't be seen for another six months.
  • Love 2
To me, this is Elizabeth, once again, using Nikolas as her fallback guy! (I’m ignoring this BFF crap!) To me, Elizabeth hates to see a past boyfriend moving on with someone else! To me, this is Elizabeth, once again, trying to drive a wedge between a past boyfriend and his current girlfriend (wife)!

How exactly was she doing that yesterday? She hasn't shown any romantic interest in Nik for a long time now, and she didn't show any yesterday. She didn't suddenly start hating Hayden because she's with Nik, she's hated her for a long time. Nothing she did yesterday was out of jealousy or trying to drive a wedge between Nik and Hayden because she wants Nik for herself.  Hayden and Nik will do that on their own.

Not to mention, that Nik is the one who asked Elizabeth to move in with him. She didn't invite herself. But poor innocent Nik is always just a victim of big bad Liz I guess.

She almost died. I think that woke him up and made him realize what he's known for a while but hasn't acted on.

Nothing on screen has indicated that Jason has had feelings for Sam for awhile, and just hasn't acted on them.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4