Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

We saw WE NEVER CARED tell Rosalie to hit her during a flashback on Thursday's show.  They didn't show the actual hit, but we saw Rosalie ball up her fist & be very excited about getting to smack WE NEVER CARED.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes, LeftPhalange, we are watching the same Sam. Examples... The Sam who is eager to hang on to the "high-ground" that she's won with Man #1 Sigh-less (using tactics such as wild semi-public sex in his office with the blinds partially drawn)  yet still able to continue with enthusiasm, charm,  and provocative poses at a night picnic to fascinate Man #2 [ever-randy] Patrick, when Man #1 [called-away-by-his-undead-wife] must depart.

[Clears throat] All while still wearing Man #3's wedding ring...

If the writing for Patrick is anything to go by, the pointed comments about the wedding ring are laying the groundwork for Sam to remove the ring and vow that she is getting on with her life... just in time for her dead spouse to show up.

I saw nothing "provocative" in the Sam/Patrick scenes, or Sam trying to lasso her a new man while Silas ran off to deal with his crazy wife.  Sam & Patrick are friends, & neither have acted in any manner that would be inappropriate for friends.

[Kosh from Babylon 5] It has begun... [/Kosh from Babylon 5]

Sam and Patrick grow closer, but Patrick resists the growing attraction because he knows about Jason

Oh, please.  This is Patrick Drake we are talking about.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1

Somehow with the renewed interest Silas seemed to have in The Nina and the continued OTT crazy of Rosalie that in the end Rosalie will be Nina's "out"

I really thought they'd use the coma as an excuse, but now I'm starting to think maybe Rosalie is controling Nina somehow, all the while letting Nina "think" she is really in control. Rosalie seems to be getting a little too much joy in the whole situation, and for a pawn she seems to be taking a little too many liberties, like she may be more in control than it appears on screen. Thing that make you go hummmm...

(edited)

That's a cool idea...Rosalie is really somehow in charge of Nina or is influencing/controlling her. It would be even more rich if Nina wasn't able to walk, and Rosalie would taunt her or control her to undercut or demolish Nina's carefully planned revenge on Silas. At one time, I thought Rosalie might be more tied to Nina than by employment--there would be blood ties, for example, or Rosalie would be coma baby, a loose cannon that Nina would have to cope with as she tried to get back at Silazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Too sleepy/bored to care though.... 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)

Somehow with the renewed interest Silas seemed to have in The Nina and the continued OTT crazy of Rosalie that in the end Rosalie will be Nina's "out"

I really thought they'd use the coma as an excuse, but now I'm starting to think maybe Rosalie is controling Nina somehow, all the while letting Nina "think" she is really in control. Rosalie seems to be getting a little too much joy in the whole situation, and for a pawn she seems to be taking a little too many liberties, like she may be more in control than it appears on screen. Thing that make you go hummmm...

If this is Ron's big twist or way to salvage BSC Nina, then it's a complete fail, IMO.

We already have Luke controlling & threatening Julian. Julian is lying to & manipulating Alexis. Luke controlling & manipulating Tracy. Levi controlling & manipulating Maxie. Someone's manipulating Rafe & requiring him to do hit & runs. Victor's controlling & threatening Robin. Sadly, there are more examples, some even spoilered(?).

Ron is repetitive however one more version of the same plot point outline, seen in multiple current stories is absolutely rediculous.

It's not compelling or intriguing, IMO. Like the baby rabies, it simply needs to stop.

ETA: I'm tired of every relationship being forced to go through a rediculous triangle or Quad for eternity.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Why can't these people just be allowed to be assholes? I'd respect them more.

I'd say because Ron's not a writer, he's a hack. In order to get the big surprise, plot point and/or twist he often goes 10 steps to far. IMO, since he's not a writer, he has to have a gimmick/quick fix in order to undo the 10 steps he took.

I think it's one reason he likes DID characters. ItKs easy to blame all the camp & wvil on the alternate personality

• Love 1
(edited)

We already have Luke controlling & threatening Julian. Julian is lying to & manipulating Alexis. Luke controlling & manipulating Tracy. Levi controlling & manipulating Maxie. Someone's manipulating Rafe & requiring him to do hit & runs. Victor's controlling & threatening Robin. Sadly, there are more examples, some even spoilered(?).

Ron is repetitive however one more version of the same plot point outline, seen in multiple current stories is absolutely rediculous.

It's not compelling or intriguing, IMO. Like the baby rabies, it simply needs to stop.

Wow this is a good point, BestestAuntEver, and well-put. Looking around, it does seem like we have a lot of these manipulations going on. Maybe it is Ron's lame way of trying to explain the stupidity that is affecting some of the women in particular. We might add that Sonny is trying to control Ava by physically imprisoning her. Fluke is trying to control Spencer by threatening Emma. Even not-so-bright Franco is threatening to reveal Sonny's secret if Sonny and Carly get re-involved.

Are threats, blackmail, and baby rabies the only plot wheels that Ron knows?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

That's a cool idea...Rosalie is really somehow in charge of Nina or is influencing/controlling her. It would be even more rich if Nina wasn't able to walk, and Rosalie would taunt her or control her to undercut or demolish Nina's carefully planned revenge on Silas. At one time, I thought Rosalie might be more tied to Nina than by employment--there would be blood ties, for example, or Rosalie would be coma baby, a loose cannon that Nina would have to cope with as she tried to get back at Silazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Too sleepy/bored to care though....

Rosalie is comababy? That would be fun. Other stuff posted by me not necessarily posted by me

• Love 2

I want to see Monica again. What is she doing with her days/nights? Has she given up fighting to be chief of staff? Does she spend hours weeping in the crypt over the loss of AJ? Does she see her grandchildren?

If Ron is so cheap that he can't give her some airtime, at least we could hear from Tracy what Monica is doing.

• Love 2

. Plus Molly jumped into the car , Rafe told her to go but just like Jason did to AJ

Oh no!! Are we in for Borg Two? Will Molly "blow out her frontal lobes" and forget Alexis, TJ and Sam and instead become a super Hitwoman and mass Murderer?

This could be Re-Ron at his worst!!

• Love 1

When it's revealed that Sonny killed AJ and Carly covered it up, I want Monica and Micheal to hear the recording together and Hulk Smash the town. I want Micheal to straight up take Not Daddy Sonny's office and turn it into the AJ Quartermaine Office of Awesome. Then, I want Micheal to stick Sonny on a meat hook and make him sign over the rights to Corinthos Coffee, so Tracy can run it.

And I want a pony.

• Love 5

As far as im concerned, Monica is off screen building amazing relationships with her grandchildren Danny and Lila Rae.  

And when they take their naps, Gail, Audrey and Lesley come over for bridge and have amazingly fun conversations. 

• Love 2

Rosalie seems to be getting a little too much joy in the whole situation, and for a pawn she seems to be taking a little too many liberties, like she may be more in control than it appears on screen. Thing that make you go hummmm...

Rosalie's in it for the money, & she knows how BSC WE NEVER CARED is.  The enjoyment I see is her getting a little of her own back for WE NEVER CARED treating her like ass.  I don't think she's in control in the slightest.

I don't think we're going to hear from or about Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos until TeCa is back from maternity leave.

I can't wait for his reaction to Shamwow's death.  He might make it worth a limited Sabrina return.

• Love 1

Re Rafe, I've got no sympathy for him. Silas and Sam haven't been the best guardians by any means, but Rafe chose to do drugs, he chose to lie, he chose to steal and worst of all, he chose to get behind the wheel of a car while he was high and three people almost died, a baby did die and now Molly-the girl whom Rafe claims to love-could die too. I don't give a shit what happens to Rafe-it's his victims whom I'm worried about (Sabrina aside, because I don't give a shit about her either). Rafe's choices have hurt himself, Patrick, Sabrina, Emma, Silas, Sam, Alexis, TJ and now Molly. The only good things that could come out of Rafe's death would be Molly and Alexis finally patching things up and Ric's coming out of hiding for Molly's sake.

MSt's acting is getting shittier by the day. The more I see Nina, the worse she gets and that goes double for Rosalie. Based on what I've seen so far, Rosalie's just a snotty, annoying bitch just like her boss. Nina bribed Rafe and helped him escape to cover her own psycho ass, not to save his. if Rafe wasn't wired at least half the time he would've known that $500 wouldn't have been even remotely enough to get rid of him or keep him quiet forever. I'm not the biggest Silas fan in the world, but Nina and Rosalie are way worse than he is. Re Patrick's response to Emma's question about whether he and Robin were getting divorced, I'll just chalk it up to grief.

Loved seeing Ned/Nexis again. Alexis' putting Ned on the right track where Tracy and Fluke are concerned is long overdue. Ned never bought Tracy and Fluke as a couple and now Alexis' doubts about them have given him more ammunition, which serves them, especially Tracy, right. Tracy has put Fluke above herself, above ELQ and even above the family and she could end up losing all of them, which would also serve her right. Now that Alice is ill, maybe Tracy will finally start the long, slow and painful process of pulling her head out of her ass.

• Love 3
(edited)

he chose to get behind the wheel of a car while he was high

Rafe told Molly he wasn't high, which in some ways makes driving into Patrick's car all the worse.

Edited by dubbel zout

It doesn't feel like Carlos is ever coming back. Even when AJ was in a jail cell for 13 months people still mentioned his name a few times.

Carlos was a recurring character. I doubt he was ever meant to be long-term.

(edited)

Lulu needs to light a fire under it because otherwise Ava is going to have to claim she's 6 months overdue to steal Lulu's baby.  I'm sure they'll change the date because we gotta have the baby born in February, and Ava would be due in mid-January with Crypt Sex baby.

What if Ava is late and Lulu is early?Lulu has to heal from the procedure before she can get preggers, but I'm sure she will be trying to host the embryo as soon as her oven temperature light says "ready!"

She should have therapy before trying to have another baby.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I get that they couldn't let an opportunity for a wink-wink regarding Ron Hale go by, but I find it kinda hard to believe that Sonny would have a picture of Mike on display.

Yes, Silas, you should have paid more attention to Rafe.  I don't care what all the women petting your dick tell you, that's the truth right there.

Delia's "sleeping with the whales" remark was very Roxy.

Hey, it's Monica!

• Love 2
(edited)

Where were the cops at the roadblock? Did Rafe take them out?

I replayed JD's "Help" about five times. He is TERRIBLE. Vaya con il diablo, Rafe.

Monica is only "the best cardiologist in the state"? Ouch, Michael. Way to throw shade on your grandmother.

LOL at Sonny's "What did I just see?" face? It's a very close cousin to the duh-face.

I really wanted Nina to rise from her wheelchair and stab Lauren to death. Oh, wasted opportunities!

I get that they couldn't let an opportunity for a wink-wink regarding Ron Hale go by, but I find it kinda hard to believe that Sonny would have a picture of Mike on display.

I know! I thought the exact same thing. You know that's the first picture Sonny would throw in a fit of pique; there's no way it would have survived this long. Unless Olivia kept getting reprints and new frames, heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
(edited)

If Michael and Morgan are the supposed "future" of Gh then I hope the show gets cancelled by next year, at the latest.

They're just like their parents, making them useless, loathsome creatures who should have been dispatched by a car bomb years ago. Really, watching those two jackasses go from badgering Tracy to berating the paramedics attempting to help Molly as if their demands to know "what happened" should take priority over her health care...

Watching Rafe after the accident, I just-I mean-the kid can't even act passing out well...I give up.

So it takes making Lulu groggy from anesthesia to have her sit through listening to Olivia's whiny ass complaining about Sonny, why couldn't I be so lucky, except for anesthesia I would have preferred a nice cocktail of strong, very strong drugs, strong enough to knock me out. 

Scenes with the Nina and Kiki together are like watching puppies dancing on rainbows, if by watching puppies dancing on rainbows were another way of saying I feel like my toenails are being slowly removed with needle nose pliers.

Monica! How nice to see you, it's only been what, two months? Three? But who's counting, you're back at GH and having to deal with that little snot nosed rat of a grandson of yours and his unshaven sidekick from hell, how fun. God, this show sometimes... and how nice of you, Michael, to acknowledge that Morgan was the only one who gave Alice CPR, considering your worthless hide just stood around and looked "worried". Gah, I didn't even despise J.R. this much.

I really miss the old Tracy, that is all.

Patrick continues to get more and more unattractive to me every time I see him.

So Alice needs a new heart...someone is going to have to die! Yay! I have a list of top ten names already to go right now.

Where were the cops at the roadblock? Did Rafe take them out?

He managed to take out at least half the forest, a lamp post, a mail box, two cats, and a bus stop, I imagine they're mixed in with all of that.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think today's episode advanced plots on several fronts, and we got Monica, so I have no complaints overall.

But . . . whenever Morgan was onscreen, I was distracted by his sparkly shirt. Did he accidentally end up with one of Ava's tops before they broke up and all his other clothes were dirty? Did he find it in the Brownstone while he was cleaning? Was he wearing it in honor of July 4th? Weird.

ETA: Is there only one road in and out of PC? That roadblock appeared to be pretty close to the same stretch of road where Shamwow's accident occurred. No wonder people use the wormhole -- whenever anyone tries to drive out, someone dies.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
(edited)

What were the odds? Rafe and Mollie are brought into the ER, Rafe is shortly going to suffer seizures, according to the previews, and in the meantime,

guess who needs a new heart? Alice! Do I detect a do-si-do heart exchange happening with Rafe and Alice? Will Alice then have the heart of a murderer? Will that change her personality? At any rate, little Shamwow's death will be avenged by the gods who protect Sobrina!)

Monica to the rescue!! How good to see you, dear woman!

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
So Alice needs a new heart...someone is going to have to die! Yay! I have a list of top ten names already to go right now.

Well my list is even shorter, it only has one name on it. And hey it is even right up his ally b/c it would be recycling and good for the enviornment b/c then he could stop wasting oxygen by breathing.

• Love 3

The best part of the episode was ME finally coming to work this year to Hulk Smash Patrick into reality. Yes, it was over Rafe, but God I've wanted someone to manhandle that douche for years.

Hey, Nina, there's a heart needed so if you could kindly Hulk Smash Lauren, I might like you.

Sonny is dumb. I want the AJ secret out now, which means it will be 5 years till the reveal.

lol Alice needs a new heart. Is RAFE seriously gonna be the one to give her a new heart? Will we hear for years now how Rafe died so Alice can live? Will we see Alice and Silas making joint visits to Rafe's headstone? (Which will naturally be built right on top of BJ's). Or maybe they'll inter him in the Quartermaine crypt in honor of his sacrifice.

Nice to see so many people in the hospital scenes today.

Oh my God, I get it, Dante is going to cheat. Whatever. Just hurry up and do it or stop bruising me with anvils every week in the 2 second scenes Lante are allotted once a week. And yet he will somehow be a) more sympathetic than Lulu and b) why will it make him just like Sonny? Will he also kill people on the way to cheating on Lulu?

Why does Olivia want Dante to have a good relationship with Sonny? The woman has no brain. What else does Sonny have to do for her to be like, "eh, sending a Christmas card once a year is fine".

Patrick is a dick. I feel like this is the most despicable I have ever seen Patrick. Like, what Rafe did sucks. But doesn't know even know Rafe did it on purpose yet. He doesn't have to like or help Rafe. But to go and gloat over the possibly dying body of a 14 year old is gross. And it doesn't help, for me, that this is all over the holy blanket. I DON'T CARE ABOUT SABRINA AND PATRICK'S PLOT POINT BABY.

lol at Tracy's "do we have to listen to Morgan's expert diagnosis".

• Love 5
(edited)

I laughed and rolled my eyes at "I had a son, his name was Gabriel. He was perfect." Dude whatever. He was an inconvenience to you and a reminder to practice safe sex. Go home Patrick, you're dumb.

Also, where is our Commissioner?

And why was Patrick so whatevs about Molly being in the car with Rafe to her mom and her TJ?

Eh, El Borg had seizures and lived to kill. GH has numbed me to them.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 7

Sam pleading with Molly to wake up in the post-crash moments, Alexis and Sam holding each other in comfort at Molly's bedside, and TJ holding unconscious Molly's hand ... the only good from today. Makes me miss Lexi A. as Kristina; she should be there worrying over little sis after the various incidents where Molly was crying/worrying at Kristina's hospital bedside.

KA's WTF face to The Nina's asking eagerly if, "They're dead?!" did amuse me slightly. Yes, Keeks, she does hate you and want you gone, one way or another. (Well, the audience understands that one.) And yes, she wants Rafe dead (ok, we get that too) so he'll keep his mouth shut, and she wouldn't mind if Molly's dead because then Sam would be in a lot of pain and it would drive a wedge between Silas and Sam. 

Had to turn off Lulu and Olivia and the Corinthos crap. I just can't. 

• Love 3
And why was Patrick so whatevs about Molly being in the car with Rafe to her mom and her TJ?

Because he only has "Gabriel" on the brain, it's all about his poor dead son, the same son he'd fallen in love with all five seconds before his death. I am not sure what annoys me more-that so much time is being given to Rafe with this crap, wasted time imo, or that it's all over a baby I never gave two shimmy shakes about in the first place.

• Love 7

I could buy Patrick spiraling if Emma were the one hurt, etc. But this is so plot pointy. Who GAF about a plot point spawn that was never invested in to begin with?!

Even PATRICK was all "THAT baby" not long ago. So I can only surmise that Patrick is a Sobby proxy and we MUST feel pain over the demise of the holy spawn. Which, nope. STILL don't give a shit, Ron.

• Love 7

Rafe should have mowed down Ava on his way to kill that baby.

Just die Rafe. No one loves or wants you. Just die you stupid waste of space.

Shut the fuck up Patrick. You didn't even care about that stupid baby until five minutes before it died. Why does the hospital keep letting Patrick operate on patients when there's a clear conflict of interest. Someone needs to sue his ass.

• Love 6

What's up with the Archangel names?

We've got Rafe/Raphael, the son of an Angel/vampire slayer and Gabriel, now dead and the Angel of Blankets.

Michael gets a pass because it's such a common name but the other two, it's just dumb.

And the fact that the only thing I'm wondering about TFGH is why two useless characters were named after Archangels speaks volumes about how interesting this show isn't.

• Love 4

And the fact that the only thing I'm wondering about TFGH is why two useless characters were named after Archangels speaks volumes about how interesting this show isn't.

I'm still laughing at shamwow the angel of blankets. Much more entertaining than the show for sure.

I just want Robin and Jason to show back up and shove Patrick in a well.

• Love 4
(edited)

It cracks me up how hard Ron is working to make Gabriel someone we should care about. 

a clear conflict of interest

Port Charles is where Dante can investigate his mobster father. "Conflict of interest" is the town motto.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9