Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't think Liz will get pregnant.  The show seems to be setting up something with Jake's post-Cassadine Island behavior and that'll be enough to keep Jason in her orbit for the time being.

Also, I didn't see today's episode, but I guess Dillon took some kind of job at Crimson?  That's not a horrible idea.  It still allows Dillon a job that's artistic and creative, but spares us anymore of his self-indulgent movie scripts.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I think I've watched a few shows (all with fast fowarding) since Tony left. Last week I caught Nurse Webber and Private Eye Morgan have a good bitch out.  I enjoyed that. I will be thrilled to become re-invested when Robert returns and god willing stays.  I'm hoping he shakes things up with Anna and Laura. He was always good with Tracy.   I love Genie but I cannot watch Laura become Audrey Hardy, giving support, sage advice or being a busy body Mom.  For me, there's no reason for her to be there without romance or Jonathan Jackson!   

Sorry, I really came here to ask a question if somebody doesn't mind....Since the new writers have started - do all the Metro Court guests now live in a real home?  Is Laura living with Nik?

• Love 1

Ugh. This is starting to remind me of the last time decent couples took giant headers and were pulverized so JaSam could have a bit of angst and then get back together.

I hated it when it was Rexis and L&L2 who paid the price and never reunited to any satisfaction, while JaSam got their reunion and I hate watching character after character go through the shredder so the perennial victims, Jason and Sam, can be poor, poor JaSam.

Ugh. I hate Jason and Sam. I hate their victim hero status. I hate the Cassadines being forced to be linked to Sam. That a Cassadine story is entirely about being MEAN to Sam and Jason. That Helena is wasted AGAIN on stupid fucking bullshit like stealing Jake, turning Jason into her hitman and cursing Sam. SAM. Cursing fucking SAM. That Kristina and Molly are not allowed to go near THEIR family, that Nikolas and Alexis can't have more scenes together.

At least Stefan isn't here for this travesty. At least he isn't standing around pretending to give a shit about bullshit Cassadines like Sam and Nathan.

This show. Just ugh.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 11

Alexis/Ric and Lucky/Liez were already having huge problems before Sam so I'm not sure how they were her "victim". Sam being a Cassadine is hardly ever mentioned and the only Casadines she spends any significant time with is Alexis (who has renounced the family) and Nik so I don't know why that is such a huge devastating problem for some people. 

• Love 9

I dont think Ive ever turned on a character as much as I have on Laura. Like I complete 180. Calling the woman her son tried to have killed "trash", just because she may or may not be duping him? She doesnt even know Hayden. What the holy fuck. Laura is being written so badly it almost seems as she's being written to prop Hayden which saddens me as a fan of both characters. Or one time fan of one of them anyway.

I hope Hayden dupes Nik, and dupes Nik good. Hope she takes everything from him and when Laura even dares utter a word, I hope Hayden tells her to shut her yap or she'll get her son's ass sent to prison, quick. And that she reminds her that, while she may be trash, she never ordered a murder of someone over some money. Oh, and I hope Hayden somehow ends up owning Wyndemere and kicks her enabling ass out. She can go stay with her beloved Lizzie, and her totally not lying, scheming ass. RMFE.

• Love 10

I will be thrilled to become re-invested when Robert returns and god willing stays. I'm hoping he shakes things up with Anna and Laura. He was always good with Tracy.

Sorry TR is only back for a couple of episodes. He and his people cleared that up when FV made the vague Robert returns announcement.

I dont think Ive ever turned on a character as much as I have on Laura. Like I complete 180. Calling the woman her son tried to have killed "trash", just because she may or may not be duping him? She doesnt even know Hayden. What the holy fuck. Laura is being written so badly it almost seems as she's being written to prop Hayden which saddens me as a fan of both characters. Or one time fan of one of them anyway.

I hope Hayden dupes Nik, and dupes Nik good. Hope she takes everything from him and when Laura even dares utter a word, I hope Hayden tells her to shut her yap or she'll get her son's ass sent to prison, quick. And that she reminds her that, while she may be trash, she never ordered a murder of someone over some money. Oh, and I hope Hayden somehow ends up owning Wyndemere and kicks her enabling ass out. She can go stay with her beloved Lizzie, and her totally not lying, scheming ass. RMFE.

+1. Because sometimes just liking a post isn't enough!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Okay. Then be HONEST and say she is torn. Instead it's all "I'm moving on with you!" when she clearly thinks of Jason. And is living in Patrick's home.

So we won't agree. I think Patrick has every right to NOT be patient here, especially when his daughter made it clear to him she is a wreck. If Patrick won't man up and end it for his own sake, do it for his kid.

And torn or not, consciously or not, Sam is using Patrick in some form. And she needs to be on her own to get her shit together. Why should Patrick stand for her wanting Jason when she still lives with him? There's being patient and being a pushover, and he has been the latter for a while now.

I also think Sam has some complicity here. (Yes, the writing is shit but it's shit for everyone.) On the one hand Sam's floored by the fact that her HUSBAND is alive and on the other hand Sam is telling Patrick she loves him and wants to move on with him. Decent writing and stable casting would have Sam taking a time out, moving out of Patrick's house and in with her mother while she dealt with the emotional turmoil. But that's not what's on offer. What is on offer is "Poor Sam, she's her HUSBAND is alive, not dead, and her pure love with her fiancee Patrick may be thwarted by her pure love for her HUSBAND." Which makes no sense.

Sam can be:

a) confused and in love with both men

b) still deeply in love with Jason

c) deeply in love with Patrick

but in order for me to give a damn she needs to be one of the above consistently. Otherwise the writing is telling me that Sam is hedging her bets (and the writing is shit.) Patrick had no right to set up a divorce for Sam without talking to her but he does have a right to call her on the waffling.

So, what's up with bolding "husband" and putting it in all caps, you say. Because the writers keep having Sam refer to Jason as "my husband" like that settles everything. Like she's the only person in the history of Port Charles to be married. Like she holds marriage in some special sanctity that no one else does. It's lame writing and it's yet another thing that makes it impossible for me to root for anyone in this unending story.

At least Stefan isn't here for this travesty. At least he isn't standing around pretending to give a shit about bullshit Cassadines like Sam and Nathan.

This show. Just ugh.

Nathan is a Cassadine? Where's the launch to the barge when I need it?

• Love 2

Supposedly Nathan is a Cassadine, but it hasn't really been confirmed. Dr O told him Victor was his father, but Victor himself contradicted that. I won't be sad if this is dropped forever. Who cares about Nathan's background? Just stand there and look pretty.

• Love 3

Supposedly Nathan is a Cassadine, but it hasn't really been confirmed. Dr O told him Victor was his father, but Victor himself contradicted that. I won't be sad if this is dropped forever. Who cares about Nathan's background? Just stand there and look pretty.

I feel slightly better. My Thaao love is strong but I'm not sure it can encompass that. 

• Love 1

Like she holds marriage in some special sanctity that no one else does.

Heh. Probably not, in one of her many past lives, didn't she marry a bunch of guys and swindle them out of money? I think that was before she was a salvage boat captain, and after boosting cars.

• Love 3

Heh. Probably not, in one of her many past lives, didn't she marry a bunch of guys and swindle them out of money? I think that was before she was a salvage boat captain, and after boosting cars.

Sam was a salvage boat captain? That's pretty badass. It's a shame she's not allowed to be badass anymore. 

• Love 4

I wish this Sam would come back. I miss her. Jason's Wife Sam doesn't do it for me.

• Love 5

Victor's not Nathan's father.  Victor ran a DNA test when he had Nathan at Crichton-Clark and found out who it really was, but Dr. O killed him so the secret would die with him.

Also, at one point, Helena mentioned to Nikolas that she knew Nathan wasn't a Cassadine and that she knew who his father really was and didn't blame Dr. O for lying. 

But yeah, they dropped that whole thing like a hot potato.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Alexis/Ric and Lucky/Liez were already having huge problems before Sam so I'm not sure how they were her "victim". Sam being a Cassadine is hardly ever mentioned and the only Casadines she spends any significant time with is Alexis (who has renounced the family) and Nik so I don't know why that is such a huge devastating problem for some people.

They were like every soap couple, had big ups and downs, but not like every soap couple, both were hugely popular and got shredded beyond belief. Sam got to move on to Lucky and then back to Jason and quickly got back Alexis, while selling herself as a victim. Jason and Sam eventually reunited and Rexis? Nope. L&L2? Nope too. The problem with the Cassadines? They don't actually get to BE a family. Kristina/Molly get scenes with Sam, but not Nikolas. Nikolas gets scenes with Sam, but hardly ever Alexis and Alexis gets scenes with Sam, but not Helena. So, someone's getting attention, but the Cassadine family? Nada. Helena curses Sam!  Ooooh, riveting! Except not at all. Nikolas is EVIL. No, he took a company run by a high school graduate and doesn't give a shit about Jason or Sam or what they want. That's not evil. Trying to kill Hayden over money issues? That's the problem, not being mean to Sam. He should be mean to Sam, after all the shit she did to Alexis and Liz? He should always hate Sam. But on this show? It's wrong to despise Sam and that's bullshit.

So yeah, I'm a Cassadine fan. I'm an Alexis fan. And this shit sucks. It's always sucked.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 3

Too late. It's out in the nether now.  :-(

Liz needs another brat like a hole in the head. Infertility for Liz Webber in 2016! Early menopause! ANYTHING but another kid for her to ignore/use.

Sonny, Liz, Carly, Nik, and Jasus should never be allowed to procreate again. Morgan should never be allowed to procreate.

• Love 3

Victor's not Nathan's father. Victor ran a DNA test when he had Nathan at Crichton-Clark and found out who it really was, but Dr. O killed him so the secret would die with him.

Also, at one point, Helena mentioned to Nikolas that she knew Nathan wasn't a Cassadine and that she knew who his father really was and didn't blame Dr. O for lying.

But yeah, they dropped that whole thing like a hot potato.

I'm 99.9% sure that Nathan's, and Rosalie's, father was going to Bill Eckert.

Bill being the evilist evil that ever eviled would have been so much better than Dark Lewq.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

They were like every soap couple, had big ups and downs, but not like every soap couple, both were hugely popular and got shredded beyond belief. Sam got to move on to Lucky and then back to Jason and quickly got back Alexis, while selling herself as a victim. Jason and Sam eventually reunited and Rexis? Nope. L&L2? Nope too. The problem with the Cassadines? They don't actually get to BE a family. Kristina/Molly get scenes with Sam, but not Nikolas. Nikolas gets scenes with Sam, but hardly ever Alexis and Alexis gets scenes with Sam, but not Helena. So, someone's getting attention, but the Cassadine family? Nada. Helena curses Sam!  Ooooh, riveting! Except not at all. Nikolas is EVIL. No, he took a company run by a high school graduate and doesn't give a shit about Jason or Sam or what they want. That's not evil. Trying to kill Hayden over money issues? That's the problem, not being mean to Sam. He should be mean to Sam, after all the shit she did to Alexis and Liz? He should always hate Sam. But on this show? It's wrong to despise Sam and that's bullshit.

So yeah, I'm a Cassadine fan. I'm an Alexis fan. And this shit sucks. It's always sucked.

I'm a Cassadine fan, too. You may have noticed I'm not an Alexis fan but .. but.. we can still hang out! It's bugged me for years that Alexis doesn't act like a Cassadine. Now she's written as Julia Wainwright 2.0. Such a waste.

Here's where you might toss barware at me, though. I'm not a fan of a the daily reading of LIz's bad deeds (and she's got 'em) with the simultaneous deification of Sam - because it's dull and it's lousy soap. But when Sam was being trashed to prop Liz/Jason I didn't love that either. Neither Sam nor Liz is an angel. That should result in good soap, not this dull crapfest. 

• Love 8

Nikolas is EVIL. No, he took a company run by a high school graduate and doesn't give a shit about Jason or Sam or what they want. That's not evil. Trying to kill Hayden over money issues? That's the problem, not being mean to Sam.

It's not like he was a corporate raider who took over a badly run company. His grandma gave him most of the shares and he committed blackmail and fraud to get the rest. Michael didn't lose ELQ through incompetence, that was Nik - so busy screwing his brother's fiance that he didn't notice his holdings being plundered.

Shooting Hayden was evil and pursuing her afterwards is both gross and evil. And Nik is the one who keeps pulling the family card with Sam when she doesn't trust him. So, I do not actually care at this point who makes him hurt - like TeeVee, I just thirst for his comeuppance

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

Hayden was lieing through her teeth before she was shot. She did it for money. she is now duping Nick with the Q's. She is no saint. Laura has been demonized because she wants to protect her son. All mothers would do that. He ordered the hit but Hayden lives and lives on Nicks dime. TIIC have destroyed Laura for some the same way they destroyed, Nick , Liz , Anna half the show. why so they can be as bad as the mobs. the characters have no choice. Patrick now looks at his daughter and has forgotten her mother.? Jason the killer for hire is the victim. gag me. Victim and borg don't jell. Sonny in a wheel chair, another victim ? make it a casket and I might say oooh. Probably not . I would just have a party . TIIC of this show the last few years have bent over backwards to make the good guys evil. Don't believe me. Duke went back to the mob, Anna killed in cold blood so Sonny doing it is ok. Carly on her high horse about Liz, give me a break. This show makes no sense. I will watch Robin and Roberts return, so Patrick can leave . I just want Patrick to remember he hated Jason and dump Sam. Go get Robin.and leave. This show is now Mobsters are us.

• Love 5

It's not like he was a corporate raider who took over a badly run company. His grandma gave him most of the shares and he committed blackmail and fraud to get the rest.

The shares Granny Helena gave him were also obtained through blackmail (ransoming Lord Ashton back to Tracy cost Tracy and Alice their shares) and fraud (Fluke conning Skye out of hers and Lila Rae's).

And all of this was for what, they still haven't explained.  We never see Nikolas actually working at ELQ, he barely talks about it.  Why was it so desperately vital he take it over?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's not like he was a corporate raider who took over a badly run company. His grandma gave him most of the shares and he committed blackmail and fraud to get the rest. Michael didn't lose ELQ through incompetence, that was Nik - so busy screwing his brother's fiance that he didn't notice his holdings being plundered.

Shooting Hayden was evil and pursuing her afterwards is both gross and evil. However, Nik is the one who keeps pulling the family card with Sam when she doesn't trust him. So, I do not actually care at this point who makes him hurt - like TeeVee, I just thirst for his comeuppance

You've highlighted another big problem. Nikolas ignoring the Empire. No show, he wouldn't do that. No bed partner would ever make Nikolas ignore Cassadine Industries. No way, no how. He was raised from BIRTH to take over and for years he's run things successfully, so this business of "too busy to notice" that keeps happening just does not wash.  And taking ELQ from Michael was business, it was rough and a bit snotty, but the way people are acting on the show, it was akin to slaughtering puppies. The notion that Alexis would ADMONISH Nikolas is laughable. Why the fuck would Alexis care the Qs lost ELQ? Since when are they friends?

But this is GH. Nikolas wasn't even allowed to give his only kid a Cassadine name.  It's no surprise that Nikolas finally acting a bit like a Cassadine is being treated like EVUL.  Hating Sam and Jason is not evil, no matter what the show insists.

• Love 1

Has no one thought that perhaps Nik needs the company to pay back the Shriners Hospital for Spencer's impeccable burn care after the fire? Won't someone think of the children??

Or it's due to, you know, "just because", or "reasons", or "why not", or "who better than", or "we didn't get this far at the initial table read", or "Tyler doesn't give two shits anyway".

• Love 6

It's no surprise that Nikolas finally acting a bit like a Cassadine is being treated like EVUL.  Hating Sam and Jason is not evil, no matter what the show insists.

I don't think Nikolas has ever said he hates Sam and Jason.  He's mostly done a lot of rationalizing (Sam is better off with Patrick, Jason is better off with Liz, etc.).

Part of me thinks Nikolas hates Liz.  I still dunno why he told her the truth when he could have let her live in ignorant bliss.

• Love 4

Part of me thinks Nikolas hates Liz.  I still dunno why he told her the truth when he could have let her live in ignorant bliss.

What if both Nik and Jason turned on Liez. I know it will never happen, but what if. Without Lucky, Nik, or Jason I don't know what she would do. I guess sniff around Ric again, who would allow it because he's pathetic. 

• Love 1

I'm 99.9% sure that Nathan's, and Rosalie's, father was going to Bill Eckert.

Bill being the evilist evil that ever eviled would have been so much better than Dark Lewq.

Could they have made him Ethan's father too?

And leave pre-ruined Luke out of that nonsense?

• Love 6
Hayden lives and lives on Nicks dime

At Nik's near insistence, so he reaps what he sows there.

Why the fuck would Alexis care the Qs lost ELQ? Since when are they friends?

Since she met Ned.

Has no one thought that perhaps Nik needs the company to pay back the Shriners Hospital for Spencer's impeccable burn care after the fire?

Nik made a point of saying he'd make a big donation after being told he wouldn't have to pay for anything.

• Love 5

You've highlighted another big problem. Nikolas ignoring the Empire. No show, he wouldn't do that. No bed partner would ever make Nikolas ignore Cassadine Industries. No way, no how. He was raised from BIRTH to take over and for years he's run things successfully, so this business of "too busy to notice" that keeps happening just does not wash. And taking ELQ from Michael was business, it was rough and a bit snotty, but the way people are acting on the show, it was akin to slaughtering puppies.

It wasn't just business. It was illegal, all of it - and worse, it was sloppy. There's absolutely no reason for him to still be in control of ELQ. Not one of his transfers would hold up in court and he's apparently too poor right now to bribe a judge

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
Hayden lives and lives on Nicks dime

At Nik's near insistence, so he reaps what he sows there.

Hayden sounds like Gia. She was a world-class freeloader too, and Nik was strangely okay with it. (The first, really shallow and materialistic Gia, I mean. Not the recast who got mature and independent overnight.) Did they stumble into character history?

Nik made a point of saying he'd make a big donation after being told he wouldn't have to pay for anything.

I recall, I was just being facetious about why he is damn desperate to have ELQ and its' monies all for himself. His reasons are so far nonexistent, imho, and what few have been thrown out there are utterly inadequate to explain away all that he's done.

I don't believe he hates Liz or Sam or even Jason really, more indifferent towards that lug, but I do believe that Nik loves himself above pretty much everyone else, and at the end of the day if it's him or someone else he's more inclined to pick himself, especially if he is to face actual consequences.

• Love 1

How nice to see Monica and Tracy together outside of the Q mansion, planning a soapy gala, making a good-natured bet for charity.  And that scene with Monica getting to give Ava shit for her role in AJ's death was awesome.  Yes, it's garbage that Monica has never gotten to confront actual murderer Sonny and accomplice Carly, but I'll take what I can get.

I see Felix, he of the super just and pure moral code, just lied in his official medical capacity to cover for his bestie's second pregnancy lie.  Shut up, Felix, gawd!

Did not care for Dr. Maddox trying to blackmail Anna into continuing therapy.

• Love 5

I liked Nathan for the first time (since he's been all.about.Maxie), telling Dante he might want to close the door if it's a so-called private conversation, and showing Lulu/Lante's marriage more respect than Dante is. Now Dante's all ready to be done with his marriage and have a "discreet" affair with Val? So much WTF.

It is truly a sad day when Maxie shows more sense and maturity than Lulu. I guess she was building up to making a scene in the police station because she got humiliated in her own place of business?

The AJ fans will love Monica point-blank calling Ava out for goading Sonny into killing her son. I certainly did. Monica's I'm-not-playing-nice-with-you attitude is good to see. It's great to see Monica and Tracy discussing the Qs and charity rather than arguing over one of Monica's kids or Luke.

I LOLed at Carlos starting to dance around with joy. I laughed at Sabrina stopping him in annoyance, and being annoyed that he eavesdropped on her and Felix confirming Carlos has to be the father since she's so far along. 

• Love 3

Okay, I know that Michael is not the sharpest tool in the shed, like Morgan isn't capable of doing long division, or any division, or addition, or subtraction, or how to count to five on one hand, but I digress, that aside is he really so dense he doesn't know how to look at a sonogram properly? Is he that shitty at adding up numbers as well?

And is Sabrina a complete moron? She already tried the WTD fake-out with Patrick and their blanket form offspring and barely lasted a whole week keeping up that ill conceived lie, but now she's intending to try and pass off a baby who will be of full Latin American descent as a Q?

Why must everyone on this show be so very stupid and annoying?

Paul and Ava making out yet again was nauseating. You can have him lick her up and down like a Tootsie Roll Pop, show, I will never, ever buy that those two have even the slightest hint of chemistry or a connection.

• Love 1

I don't think Nikolas has ever said he hates Sam and Jason.  He's mostly done a lot of rationalizing (Sam is better off with Patrick, Jason is better off with Liz, etc.).

I think he figured one of two things would happen - either Liz would tell the truth, and then she'd be free for him again, or she'd keep his secret to hold onto Jason.  Either way, he'd win - he'd either get laid again or he'd get to keep on with his plot.  

• Love 5

It is truly a sad day when Maxie shows more sense and maturity than Lulu. I guess she was building up to making a scene in the police station because she got humiliated in her own place of business?

If I were Lulu, Valerie and Dante would be covered in bruises, so she's more mature than me already.

Dante isn't even taking off his wedding ring? The eff? (I saw a preview last night) And of course Valerie is the sole focus of this revenge, not Dante. Because that will somehow make Valerie and Dante not seem like cheating scumbags. (still "watching" via recap)

• Love 7
Paul and Ava making out yet again was nauseating. You can have him lick her up and down like a Tootsie Roll Pop, show, I will never, ever buy that those two have even the slightest hint of chemistry or a connection.

Today was the first time I've caught any scenes of the two of them together, and it looked so freaking awkward and uncomfortable.  And it's not even lack of chemistry (although there appears to be none), but it seems so poorly directed.  It looks more like a hostage situation than anything else.  How do you take two actors, like MW and RB, who both seem to have chemistry with the dust bunnies on set, and manage to make some of the most boring/awkward scenes on TV?  

• Love 5

Today was the first time I've caught any scenes of the two of them together, and it looked so freaking awkward and uncomfortable.  And it's not even lack of chemistry (although there appears to be none), but it seems so poorly directed.  It looks more like a hostage situation than anything else.  How do you take two actors, like MW and RB, who both seem to have chemistry with the dust bunnies on set, and manage to make some of the most boring/awkward scenes on TV?  

He looks like her father, imo.

Still reading some recaps. Seriously, show, with this?

Nathan tells Dante to be careful with Valerie. She's a good person who doesn't deserve to be a rebound. 

Perhaps if she doesn't deserve a rebound, little plucky orphan cadet Valerie should date a man who isn't still married.

Go back to the forest you came from Nathan and rust back to tin.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

He looks like her father, imo.

Still reading some recaps. Seriously, show, with this?

Nathan tells Dante to be careful with Valerie. She's a good person who doesn't deserve to be a rebound. 

Perhaps if she doesn't deserve a rebound, little plucky orphan cadet Valerie should date a man who isn't still married.

Go back to the forest you came from Nathan and rust back to tin.

I'm just cracking up that Valerie and Dante seem to think they'll be able to totally subvert the no fraternization thing.  Yeah, because Valerie has such a poker face about it all.  She couldn't even pretend nothing was going on when nothing was going on.  She's going to be hopeless now that they're (gag) dating.

• Love 7

Dante isn't even taking off his wedding ring? The eff? (I saw a preview last night) And of course Valerie is the sole focus of this revenge, not Dante. Because that will somehow make Valerie and Dante not seem like cheating scumbags. (still "watching" via recap)

Oh, I was so disgusted by his scowl/attitude toward Nathan re: the Lante marriage I wasn't even paying attention to his hand to notice the ring. I think it's easier for Lulu to hate Val than Dante since she's still in love with him, and believes Val was trying to mess w/her marriage at the first opportunity. 

I also just enjoyed this episode because it had a good amount of Q Family focus - no sighting or mention of a Corinthos. When Michael was all smiles about the baby and sat down with Tracy talking about family, she spoke of the Qs growing and he didn't dispute that or seem to be thinking at all of his 'other' family.

• Love 3

Is Dante just over and done with his marriage now?

I think Sonny has fought for his marriages for harder and longer and that by itself proves how truly fucked up things have become with him. Who the hell is coming up with this bullshit that he would give Lulu the same amount of time to get over his infidelity as one is given for a credit form approval or else he's back in bed with her bonkers cousin?

• Love 7