Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I forgot to mention yesterday, TJ was very cute with his "gee if only we knew someone who was connected to a diner".

I loved that line.  It made me giggle.

So Rafe tries to kill Sam via vehicular manslaughter today?  I knew he was trouble the minute he called her son "Danny boy".

• Love 1

I don't think Rafe was trying to kill Sam.  He probably figured she'd get out of the way once he revved the engine.  Rafe doesn't bother me.  Spencer bothers me.  I kinda wish that Rafe spun out of control and took out the little greaser.

• Love 3
WHY should Robin be near that shit? Not her kid. Not her responsibility. And IDGAF if the spawn was Emma's brother. That's PATRICK'S mess.

Well this is the same guy who had a pissy attack when Robin wanted him to be an adult and make a decision between herself and Sabrina before she just "went home" with him as if nothing had happened and they could play family like ye ole days of old. Patrick doesn't have "messes" in his mind, he has unavoidable crises that Robin must stand by him through, apparently.

He's acting like a dipshit right now imo.

• Love 1

I don't think Rafe is any more or less despicable than, say, Tony Jones after his breakdown which led him to shave his head, kidnap Robin, etc etc. Rafe is a deeply troubled orphan with a coke habit who is desperate.

Sure, you could probably recast the character were he to live but as of now, why? Also, he is clearly dogmeat. Ron just burns through characters more and more by the year. The longer he stays in a HW position, the more cavalier he becomes.

Apparently Oda Mae was right about Molly...

Well done.

• Love 3

Which one of you made a sacrafice to a dark god in order to bring about the blessed event of no Sonny TWO days in a row?!?

All dogs may go to heaven, but im pretty sure bedazzled baby killing cokehead do not, especially those that intentionally try to run down their foster mom and do actually run down a doctor because a drug dealer told him to.  

Rafe is actually lucky if he dies.  He'd be awfully popular at Pentonville.  

ETA: @Grrpants09, are you speculating that Rafe is Nina & Silas' baby that she was pregnant with?

My darling Tiger (that's my cat's name btw!) I am using my Ron-spulation or wishful thinking. And ermergerd, no moar prison rape stories. Ugh. I don't need Eeyore Bieber Rafe. No , moar babies, rapes, nor kids. Just a coma/rehab will suffice. And ffs, kill that song. Yes, assholes, sometimes you ARE alone.... and it's okay. I also want a recast stat on Rafe. The character is a goldmine for stories. Have the fake Rafe die/coma up and then Fluke has real Rafe hostage because he's a Barrington and retcon that he can place an ELQ vote. He would literally be the last one..... unless AJ has a secret kid out there.

I'm dense, I don't get it.

Movie, Ghost.  Whoopie Goldberg's Oda Mae Brown, tells Demi Moore's Molly, "Molly, you in danger, girl" after Patrick Swayze's ghost tells Oda that people who killed him, are coming after her.

• Love 3

I don't think Rafe is any more or less despicable than, say, Tony Jones after his breakdown which led him to shave his head, kidnap Robin, etc etc. Rafe is a deeply troubled orphan with a coke habit who is desperate.

I agree, and it really looked like he was revving up the engines so Sam would move aside and Dante (because Nina lied) thought he would hurt Sam so he tackled her to the ground and Rafe peeled out of there. Plus teenagers, even with a good and stable life, are pretty stupid. The bones in your head don't fuse together until your 26. And Rafe probably has one of the most unstable childhoods this side of Luke and Bobbie Spencer.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ugh, just broke down & read Ron's twitter. He's snorting Rafe's cocaine for the holidays. Between why don't people like Maxi/Levi & his inability to remember the details of stories he's written (& getting upset when viewers do), it's complete WTF.

The Nathan/Maxie scenes were less clunky today. I laughed when, Maxie talked about walking miles, when it takes everyone minutes to get across town.

For a split second, I believed that SamTrick was possibly going to happen. Sam unsure about Silas. They finally had Patty distance himself from Sabrina & he's questioning the viability of his marriage to my girl, Robin. Why can't I have nice things.

DZ & KeMo do work good together. It's not like Sam's a PI & could be a consultant for the PCPD or anything.

Nina's BSC manipulations just keep on coming. I wondezzzzzzzzzz. I. Don't. Care. It's time for Nina & MSt to have a break.

Show don't tease me with, Rafe being dead.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1
Hi, All! Just a note to remind everyone re: The Social Contract and our main rule of "Don't be a dick". All opinions are welcome here, lovers and haters alike of all things soaps.

Thanks for posting that, Stacey.  Needed to be said.  I myself took a pretty hearty pounding over on TWoP's GH Boards for an unpopular opinion right before the site went dark.  Was somewhat taken aback, but human nature is what it is.  Seldom post anywhere now, may lurk occasionally, but that took all they joy out of posting for me.  Nice to see you're setting a tone of respect and civillity here.

• Love 1

Movie, Ghost.  Whoopie Goldberg's Oda Mae Brown, tells Demi Moore's Molly, "Molly, you in danger, girl" after Patrick Swayze's ghost tells Oda that people who killed him, are coming after her.

Okay, it's all coming back to me now.

Ugh, just broke down & read Ron's twitter. He's snorting Rafe's cocaine for the holidays. Between why don't people like Maxi/Levi & his inability to remember the details of stories he's written (& getting upset when viewers do), it's complete WTF.

Wait, he's wondering why people hate Maxi/Levi?  For realz?  For the love of God, Ron, why do you continually do this?  No one liked Tomas after you revealed him to be behind Todd's kidnapping and NO ON LIKE LEVI FROM THE GET GO because he's an arrogant jackass!  (At least with Tomas, he was get up as someone not behind anything too nefarious, until, of course, after the Todd Reveal.)

I liked today's show, for the most part.  I like Britt with Nik, and so it's easy for me to forgive her using Spencer a little.  To me, it's not like she's using him in a way that really hurts him, just getting him to help her accomplish something they both want.  Ideal?  No, but I'm okay with it.  And the idea that Rafe might be dead makes me happy.  Ooohh- a thought: if Molly ends up in a coma or something, maybe Ric will come out of hiding?  

• Love 1

I liked today's show, for the most part.  I like Britt with Nik, and so it's easy for me to forgive her using Spencer a little.  To me, it's not like she's using him in a way that really hurts him, just getting him to help her accomplish something they both want.  Ideal?  No, but I'm okay with it.  And the idea that Rafe might be dead makes me happy.  Ooohh- a thought: if Molly ends up in a coma or something, maybe Ric will come out of hiding?  

That was my thought re: Ric.  He hears about the accident and wants to visit.

Isn't Sam in a car *behind* Rafe?  Not at the police barrier.

That's in reference to Sam standing in front of Silas' car in the garage

(edited)

I forgot to mention yesterday, TJ was very cute with his "gee if only we knew someone who was connected to a diner".

That was adorable. His tone of voice was perfect—it fooled me for a second there.

Ron is on twitter saying of course Emma and Robin chat all the time! Why in the world would you think otherwise?

He still doesn't get that when you have to explain the show, it's not working, does he.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

That was adorable. His tone of voice was perfect—it fooled me for a second there.

Yup, it fooled me too!

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't have a problem with Ron complementing or supplementing the show via his twitter.  For example, if fans were complaining about Mac & Felicia not being at Maxie's competency hearing and he tweeted that they were doing something with Emma or were at a campaign event, that's fine.

What i do have a problem with is Ron blatantly contradicting what we've seen on screen.  For example, when Patrick spoke with Robin a little more than a month ago (our time) and asked her to come home, it was made clear that this was the only communication Robin had had with her family and that it was a special arrangement by Victor.  Now today we are told via Ron's twitter that Robin and Emma talk all the time.

That is a blatant continuity error and totally contradicts what we were told on screen.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

I don't have a problem with Ron complementing or supplementing the show via his twitter.  For example, if fans were complaining about Mac & Felicia not being at Maxie's competency hearing and he tweeted that they were doing something with Emma or were at a campaign event, that's fine.

Or he can give a one sentence explanation during the show. It takes 10 seconds tops. He can't assume that everyone is reading his twitter feed.

• Love 2
(edited)

Or he can give a one sentence explanation during the show. It takes 10 seconds tops. He can't assume that everyone is reading his twitter feed.

Unfortunately, that encapsulates the problem with the show today - it is written largely by and for social media and the Internet, which Ron sees as omnipresent and all-important. Or at least, he sees his digital footprint and social media's relationship to it as omnipresent, because the Internet is how he made his name. How many jokes have there been about Joss and corn in the last year thanks to Ron scanning a handful of boards, including TWOP, which I know he used to lurk at? How many times before it got lame? What about the Brittch? The Prospect Park feud?

The show goes completely up its own ass on some of this stuff, but what's worse is that Ron now assumes people are focused on him vs. the show, that his presence and influence are of equal importance to fandom vs. that of the show, and that his word can come down from on high to paper over the holes in the show itself. He does this regularly now, and it's not just lazy bullshit, it's completely detached from a larger general audience that doesn't bother with him or Twitter, or even know his name. Oh, Emma and Robin talk everyday? Emma lost her phone and Patrick was using hers? All that shit like that over the last year - continuity errors, story holes, you name it. It's not in the show, and if it's not in the show it doesn't count. 

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

I enjoyed today's episode.

Loved the Britt and Nikolas and Spencer stuff, and I had no problem with her asking Spencer for help.  It's not like the rest of the GH women have not used kids to manipulate to get what they want.  The difference here is that Britt is just trying to get Nikolas to notice her again, and he could have just as easily have said no today.  He didn't.  They had a picnic together.  So what?  For me, Britt actually WANTS to be with Nikolas, and not sometimes or only when it's convenient.  She genuinely loves him for him, and I think he still has strong feelings for her. So if she wants to try and win him back, and Spencer wants to help her, I say go for it.  I would feel differently if she was manipulating Spencer, but he wants her back too.

Maxie and Nathan continue to make me smile.  I genuinely enjoy the banter between those two, and the chemistry is off the charts.  Now I just have to wait to see how long it takes them to get together.  Frankly, I wouldn't mind if it took a while.  RC loves his insta-romances, and maybe he's finally learning to move slowly.

Rosalie needs to go.  The woman annoys me, and her and NIna conspiring all the time while smiling as others suffer is starting to get old.  I can take one villain at a time, but these two are so similar, it's a bit over-the-top.

I found it intriguing that someone made Rafe run Patrick and Sabrina off the road.  So who could it be?  My first thought was Ava, but that's too obvious.  It was a nice spin on that particular storyline.  I never expecting the accident to have been deliberate.  There is no escape for Rafe now.  He's a goner.   As bad a character as Rafe has been, he's nothing compared to Kiki.  I mean, his storyline is actually interesting now.  What is Kiki doing after a year on GH?  NO-THING.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Britt has any idea what she wants, and I still have no idea who Britt is because I don't think she knows anymore than the writers do. She just wants what she wants when she wants it and she lies to get it and then pulls sad faces about it. Someone like Sarah Brown could carry that, Kelly Thiebaud can't. I don't care if you lie all the time so long as there is some energy and passion, some heart and personality behind it. Britt has none, whenever she's in a serious storyline she just drones along. Thiebaud does play a drunk very well, though; she can be funny. She's just not unless Britt is dead drunk.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I found it intriguing that someone made Rafe run Patrick and Sabrina off the road.  So who could it be?  My first thought was Ava, but that's too obvious.  It was a nice spin on that particular storyline.  I never expecting the accident to have been deliberate.

I think it was Fluke.  Maybe Fluke threatened him, Sam or Danny boy and he felt he had no choice, but could not go through with it. 

I don't mind Ron clarifying stuff, like "Yes, Ava was admitting to shooting Connie" or whatever, but I absolutely mind him putting half the action of the show offscreen and then getting pissy when someone brings that up.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think it was Fluke.  Maybe Fluke threatened him, Sam or Danny boy and he felt he had no choice, but could not go through with it. 

Luke had a scene with Spencer where he threatened harm to befall Emma if Spencer ratted him out about something.  It might have been around the time of AJ's death.  People were somber.  That's why Spencer was overly dramatic (even for him) about going to some recital -- so he could protect Emma.

Edited by Lola16
(edited)
I would feel differently if she was manipulating Spencer, but he wants her back too.

I think that's why I didn't have too much of a problem with it either.  It's not like Britt told Spencer one thing while her true agenda is something different.  She wants her, Nik, and Spencer to be a family and Spencer wants that too.

I might have missed this because, let's face it, I was only half paying attention.  But was there some kind of explanation why Liz was all set to go watch the fireworks with Nik and Spencer and her own kids were nowhere to be seen?

Edited by TeeVee329

Lordy, Spencer's real life mom is arguing with fans who think Spencer is an obnoxious character.

The fact Molly an TJ haven't screwed tells me Molly wasn't actually ready when she agreed to the Metro Court date in the winter. I do not think any of the writers actually have kids because the kids on this show.

I think that's why I didn't have too much of a problem with it either.  It's not like Britt told Spencer one thing while her true agenda is something different.  She wants her, Nik, and Spencer to be a family and Spencer wants that too.

I might have missed this because, let's face it, I was only half paying attention.  But was there some kind of explanation why Liz was all set to go watch the fireworks with Nik and Spencer and her own kids were nowhere to be seen?

Liz was gonna bring Cam.  Then when she was called into duty (onto?), she said her mother would take both of her boys.  I don't know who the other boy is or who her mother is.  Guessing Liz was gonna pick Cam up from home on the way?

Liz was going to pick up Cam only. Don't know why Aiden wasn't also going. When she was told that she had to pick up that shift, Nikolas offered to pick up Cam to see the fireworks. She said that her grandmother Audrey would take both boys to see the fireworks.

(edited)

Liz was going to pick up Cam only. Don't know why Aiden wasn't also going.

Well Aiden isn't part of the scintillating kiddie quad so what good is he!  

But hey, maybe Ron will tell us on Twitter that Liz and Aiden Skype each other... #iheartsarcasm

Thanks for answering my question, all!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm a little sad we didn't get to see Britt and Nathan have a sibling picnic in the park.  They haven't had a scene together in quite a while now.  Does Britt even know Nina's in town?

• Love 1

Does Britt even know Nina's in town?

I don't think so.  Though I'm sure a scintillating conversation took place off-screen.  We should find out about it in a week by reading Ron's twitter.

(edited)

It's amazing how much better this show is on days without Sonny.  I liked it less than yesterday--too many people stuck in the same pairs/trios all show long, not as much movement.  But Patrick and Emma melt my heart every time.  JT remains way, way, way too good for this show.

I'm mildly intrigued that Rafe didn't run the car off the road because he was high.  For once, I actually didn't see something coming.  And I don't have a great guess about who put him up to it, either. 

I'm glad that Sam is getting to interact with some non-Silas males.  Those two need something more profound than crazy plot points to make them interesting.  Samtrick would be my first choice, but I wouldn't mind if the show gave Sam/Dante a spin.  They're physically well-matched--give it 6 months, and Danny will be bigger than both of them. 

Maxi and Nate are... whatever.  Nate has the charisma of a gym shoe.  How can someone so good-looking be so unsexy? 

The Nina stuff continues to be dumb.  I might care more if we didn't know she was crazy, but unclear how we're supposed to feel about all this.  It's just not emotionally compelling to watch a whackjob trying to interfere with a couple that I assume the show wants us to be rooting for.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 2
Why the hell didn't Maxie call Mac for help removing the handcuffs? Since he no longer worked for the PD, he wouldn't have gotten Nathan in trouble.

You have to suspend disbelief.  There's also no reason why they couldn't have called a cab. 

I found it intriguing that someone made Rafe run Patrick and Sabrina off the road.  So who could it be?​

I have no idea.  I really can't think of anyone who was mad enough at Patrick or Sabrina to do that, or anyone who would want to kill Emma, or even kill the baby.  Fake Luke did threaten Emma to Spencer, but Spencer never ratted him out, right?  Maybe Carlos went crazy because Sabrina was having Patrick's baby and decided to take them all out?  I just can't come up with one good reason why or how anyone would force a teenager to cause an accident with Patrick/ Sabrina/ Emma.  I'm sure it's supposed to be a "major shocker", but I find that there is so little story there that I'm not even all that interested.  And really, causing a car wreck is not exactly the most surefire way to kill someone.  

I thought Nathan said he was too embarrassed to call anyone, and I guess that includes Mac.  But still, if they're still handcuffed in the morning, I'm call bullshit.

• Love 1

Aiden, this kid that Nik thought was his, but is Lucky's is the other boy.

Liz was going to pick up Cam only. Don't know why Aiden wasn't also going. When she was told that she had to pick up that shift, Nikolas offered to pick up Cam to see the fireworks. She said that her grandmother Audrey would take both boys to see the fireworks.

Thanks!  Is there a site that has like a family tree or something?  I feel out of the loop of anyone after 1982.

Please tell me that Audrey is Audrey Hardy!

I was hoping that Rafe was high and that's why he ran them off the road but now that he's said otherwise.... yea, it's totally Luke behind it.  Who else would Rafe be beholden to except the drug pusher?

(edited)

The character re-writes are making me dizzy. Especially Tracy's blindness.

Levi is unwatchable.

Tony Geary just gave an interview, and he's

out until October.

Which means stupid Tracy is around until then. What a bore.

Edited by decogirl
  • Love 1

I have to say that was probably the best episode I've seen in the short time I've watched. I really enjoyed it. It was only marred by Britt. If it was minus her and plus Julian I think it could have been almost purrfect.

That was the MS I like. I loved Nina and Silas' scenes and wish Nina was written like this and not so cartoonish. I thought ME showed the most range I've seen since I've been watching.  I really saw some chemistry between Nina and Silas which is totally missing between Silas and Sam. The scene where he was assessing her cheek was particularly well done.

I don't care for Sam, but I actually liked her and Dante together. They do look good. She needs a shorter man instead of the these tall willowy men like Silas and Patrick.

TJ and Alexis were really good. The tension and awkwardness was just right.

Patrick is adorable with his daughter even if the conversation was totally inapproriate for a holiday. Why would he go into that long sad talk at a picnic? There were plenty of ways to stall that talk til later. The ending with them was well done though.

Molly and Rafe weren't terrible scenes but I couldn't figure out why Rafe was sweating like a stuck pig and Molly was cool as could be. I understand nerves, but give the poor guy a towel or something.

I have to say I find Nik extemely sexy and  he was even better in that shirt MEOW!......If only I could block out Bugs Bunny. ugh! I don't think Brit really does love Nik she just wants to be the winner. I thought it was TOTALLY inappropriate to teach a child to LIE to his parent, and manipulate people. Also Nik cares for Liz so turning Spencer against Liz is not a loving thing to do. All that BS she was spouting about wanting to be "the kind of girl" Nik needs a nice wholesome person, all the while scheming and teaching his son tricks! blah! I can't stand her. She is doing the same thing she did with him before. Sorry, but I'm pissy that she ruined my enjoyment of Nik.

...well at least there was my adorable det Special Kitty. OMG I just wanted to lick my TV. He made some of the cutiest faces. The whole handcuffed thing was totally OTT but I don't care. He and Maxie are ador--able. I hope they do a really slow buildup.

So I'll just put my thumb over Britt and enjoy!